Looker

Looker

Looker supports a discovery-driven culture throughout the organization; its web-based data discovery platform provides the power and finesse required by data analysts while empowering business users throughout the organization to find their own answers.

Work for Looker?

Learning about Looker?

Looker Reviews

Ask Looker a Question
Looker review by <span>Erin B.</span>
Erin B.
Invitation from the software vendor

An Analytics Tool that Goes Above and Beyond

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Looker's customer support. I a a lookml developer, and Looker has chat support from 9-6. This has saved my day on many occasions, and one of the main reasons I will always recommend looker. I also love the flexibility of the tool, and the ability to use the tool for both operations and executive dashboard. Looker is usable for operations because it gives the option of digging in to the granular data

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. There is always room for improvement with this tool tho. Organization around charts/dashboard, as well as better organization around fields that are usable to explore

Allowing every team (product, growth, operations) to analyze their own data without a data analyst running queries for them. We also have high level dashboard that exec team needs. We even use this for financial reporting on a high level

Showing 228 Looker reviews
Looker review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

Wider audience able to run useful reports

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability to share saved looks among coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I feel like custom dashboards are a missing element from the generic product offering. I would like to set up a page for every department leader that shows them relevant up-to-date information. There is an option to do this but it is far too complicated. When I reached out to looker for help I was surprised that they wanted to charge me so much to have someone help me set up these dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend having one single employee spend the time and energy necessary to really understand the product and all of it's capabilities. I think we use looker for about 50-70% of it's capabilities. Since it is no longer one individual persons job, we often don't have the time to learn about further capabilities.

We use looker generally to access information for nearly all departments. KPI tracking, customer performance, sales and marketing effectiveness, detecting issues, and running reports.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Looker
Looker review by <span>Stephanie K.</span>
Stephanie K.

Business User Accessible BI Tool

What do you like best?

Looker makes accessing customer and transactional data easy. From developing dashboards, charts and bespoke "Looks", our Marketing team were able to leverage insights about our customers, their purchasing history and trends with far greater easy than using BigQuery alone. Looker helped inform strategic decisions and business direction far more than we would have expected.

What do you dislike?

The ease at which a business user can navigate Looker is dependent on how well it has been set up by a technical expert. To add new dimensions or measures, or modify the way in which data is grouped, you will need to have technical support, which is often now always available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in training super users within each discipline. We employees who were highly skilled with marketing, operations, merchandising and engineering. Each faculty will have unique needs, so investing in a few specialists will help each department make the most of the tool.

Looker has helped us accurately report on current and historical sales performance, across multiple dimensions. We've been able to streamline our reporting processes. Specifically for marketing, we've gained a better understanding of our Customer LTV and identification of opportunity customer segments, as well as evaluate our highest performing acquisition channels. We also gained abetter understanding of the products customers were purchasing, which is a challenging task given we have a customisable product.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Looker review by <span>Sergio F.</span>
Sergio F.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Data analytic and amazing learning

What do you like best?

I like how Looker challenges me to push for more, dive deeper into the data and how easy to use it is. I really believe this is an amazing tool for data analytics and if you use it in a smart way it can help you improve your performance and business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes there aren't enough variables to add to some looks and you have to request it to be done. I believe it would be more useful for the user to be able to implement any variable he wants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore for yourself and never stop trying and learning. Looker is a great place to learn about every aspect of your business and space where you can improve your analytic skills.

I'm doing data analysis and it's helping me to perform better at my job. I've realised that looker has given me the tool to explore for myself and learn a lot, by making mistakes but making rights too.

Looker review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.

Looker stands above the competition

What do you like best?

Looker absolutely has the best people and technology in this industry. I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the support that they're able to provide, and with incredible speed. This is a company that really cares about its people and its customers; it's clear that they invest in both.

Within our proof of concept, Looker was able to form a genuine partnership, making solid recommendations that will yield rapid results.

On top of that, Looker has granular permissions, robust administration tools that allow for setting permissions by group or individual, and the ability to design what end-users can or cannot change within their environment.

Finally, Looker has a public help-center that has a wealth of excellent information, both written and on video. Don't overlook this, or you'll sell yourself short.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Looker isn't free. While there is a need to learn a new language, the language is intuitive and relatively fast to learn if you're relatively experienced with SQL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Looker to other products in the same space simultaneously. For us, Looker was the clear winner.

- Health scores are becoming a reality

- Cohort analysis is starting to take shape

- Detailed analysis of a huge dataset

- Streamlining internal processes to ensure we are able to service more customers in a shorter timeframe, and with greater quality.

- Visualizations and the ability to embed those views and visualizations into a view that our customers could use.

Looker review by User

Accessible Data for the Whole Team.

What do you like best?

Looker is a frictionless experience for end user's of varying technical background. In a very short time the user can be fully up to speed and gathering data, pulling reports for their various projects. There are many times that we've been able to use Looker to actively reinforce and validate an assumption a member of our team has had without calling upon anyone within our Data team to facilitate the discussion. Looker was easily accessed for the information.

What do you dislike?

It is hard for me to say. I know a lot of what I experience is going to be due to configuration and not necessarily a result of the product itself. That said, one thing I'm curious about would be the ability to access realtime data and see a query automatically update within a given dashboard. I feel as though this, as well, is going to be more of a configuration piece as opposed to a 'tool' specific dislike.

Right now our primary usage is going to be within the area of Business Intelligence and discovery. Through the usage in this way, we've been able to discover trends, research issues, and further validate assumptions that began to form.

Looker has allowed the entire team to be more data driven while no longer needing to directly rely on and take the time of those that are the 'keepers' of the data. We are now all able to intelligently make decisions based on data gleaned on an 'on demand' basis.

Looker review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

Disseminate key data easily across your org

What do you like best?

Looker's made it easy for our entire team to stay up-to-date on our most KPIs. It's charting software allows us to visualize data in many different ways and assemble dashboards that fill us in on what we need to know immediately.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of time to get up and running with Looker and LookML--it might require one or two members of your team to dedicate a significant amount of time to learn how to use Looker and own creating dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a starter solution, Chart.io is pretty good. You will likely hit a point where it doesn't solve all your needs, though.

Before Looker, very few of our team members had access to how we were performing against KPIs and those folks would always be battered with questions around how the product was doing. Now, anyone can hop into Looker and answer those questions themselves, saving time and spreading insight.

Learn more about Looker

Looker Videos

Learning about Looker?

* We monitor all Looker reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.