Lookout

Lookout is a mobile app that fights cybercriminals by predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm.

Work for Lookout?

Learning about Lookout?

Lookout Reviews

Showing 40 Lookout reviews
Lookout review by Gerald B. A.
Gerald B. A.

"Data protection and access to information."

What do you like best?

Lookout is a complete protection system for all types of uses, whether personal or business, I personally love it, its way of making a complete scan for viruses, and especially malware, I think it is one of their strongest points, the detection of all types of malware, is very effective, performs a deep scan to the file or folders and detects any type of threat of this type that may affect us, besides it is not like other antivirus, which takes an eternity to perform a complete scan, with Lookout, this type of scans, does not take more than 1 to 2 minutes, also has a protection for browsers,which protects personal data, of possible websites that contain software or malicious code that try to access your information, creating real alerts of possible threats.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it interferes in navigating to certain websites, detecting them, as potentially dangerous, and avoiding access to them, but in reality, they are safe sites, I do not understand what this is, it has already happened to me that I am in full navigation and the antivirus blocks my access to the web, this is sometimes annoying, and it interferes with my navigation, on the smartphone, it may consume many resources, especially the battery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application, especially when you want to protect your files from malware attacks, I have verified that it detects threats of this type, that other software allows to pass freely.

I can protect all types of information, keeping it safe, from malware threats on mobile devices, the biggest advantage found in this software is protection against malware and ransomware, here this antivirus is above other protection applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lookout
Lookout review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"The best security for mobile! "

What do you like best?

I love Lookout because it is a great software based on mobile security is very easy to use simply you must download the application and start working protecting you from theft, viruses, allowing the tracking of the devices so that your configuration is really easy and the best thing is that in case of theft the device will be immediately blocked so there will be no access to it.

What do you dislike?

Lookout is one of the best security applications I've had so I really do not have any complaints since it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have ever lost or your cellphone has been stolen and you have not been able to recover it, you must try or acquire this great application so you can recover your device and information safely, you will also protect your mobile from damages caused by viruses that come from the networks.

Lookout is ideal for my personal life because it keeps my phone protected from the crooks as viruses on the networks or internet browsing and also I should not worry about the information you may have on my device because it will be very secure thanks to the blocking provides this software, that is why I pay and pay what is necessary for this app because it works very well.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

Lookout review by Jhon C.
Jhon C.

"High level of security"

What do you like best?

This software is very practical, I liked the ease of configuration you only need to activate or deactivate services, even without linking your account and the device is protected for applications, what I like most is that by joining your account you can locate the device , block it, make it sound, erase the data from it. Besides that it is not a software that consumes many resources and does not slow down the device runs very smooth.

What do you dislike?

When you locate the device, it usually takes a long time, and it sends you the position in an email, instead of showing it live on the map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very useful and lightweight software, if you need security on your smartphone this is a very good option, even the free version, although for a small amount you can buy the premium version for a month, or take advantage of the annual offer, i recommend it, it is really worth it and you will feel protected.

This software helps me to keep my device safe, besides me me feel more confidence that if I lose it I can locate it easily, not necessarily by theft, if not even if I leave it somewhere and I forget. It is very good to protect deceptive advertising, or malicious software is always scanning the device and does so in a very fast without affecting the performance of my cell phone

Lookout review by Davor P.
Davor P.

"Best mobile security app."

What do you like best?

The part I like the most is Lookout Mobile location finder. I lost my phone several times, was able to locate my phone and see the picture of the person that tried to get in. A big part of the app is also free.

What do you dislike?

It's quite big in size, so it takes a lot of memory and RAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is good for personal use, but they have a pretty good businesses plan

It scans all applications and files you download for viruses, you can easily locate and find your phone through there intuitive website and in helps you restore your contacts and photos (sort of like Dropbox). For businesses it is good to have your employees have the app due to increased mobile security, which also means better security in general.

Lookout review by Aishwarya A.
Aishwarya A.

"Lookout: A Great Security tool to "Lookout" for!"

What do you like best?

It is a great antivirus and threat detector and does wonders when it comes to maintaining your security infrastructure within a program by kicking out malware and spyware.

What do you dislike?

Its difficult to find a module api for it to be used externally in our own app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You will never regret it since its easy to use, setup and work with. Install and forget it. Also, you can anytime turn off the annoying ads. The app compares favorably to other Android security apps and is ranked as the fourth best security app by AV-Test. In all the years I've used Lookout, I've never actually had the app alert me that it had detected malware. Although installing such helpful apps come with a trade-off of memory and battery, but whats the use of saving battery when your phone is subjected to security risks. There are always trade-offs associated with any software piece!

It helps me stay away from interfering with the other hybrid apps and permissions

Lookout review by Olga K.
Olga K.

"Keeps track of my phone"

What do you like best?

I can see a photo of whoever tries to steal my phone. It's easy to track it and it has a nice web interface that is intuitive enough to use.

What do you dislike?

There was a time when I couldn't get the phone to scream when i sent a signal, it took a long time before we figured out what was wrong. Hopefully, current and future versions dont have these issues.

Not really business problems, but i'm using it for my personal phone that i'm also using for work, and having a backup and being able to trace my phone is priceless.

Lookout review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Good Looking Out"

What do you like best?

Lookout is one of the greatest applications I’ve ever had talked in my phone. I love everything about it. I had my phone stolen about a year ago, by someone who I thought was my friend, and I would have never known that if it wasn’t for Lookout. It immediately lets me know that my phone had been shut down, or put on airplane mode, or if the SIM card removed, and gave me the option to lock it. I can locate the phone easily too. Not only is it great that reason, but it will also alert you when you’re using an unsecure network to browse the internet. You also get breach reports and there’s a lot more. I think this is a great app and it is especially great for when one is running their own business because we handle not only ours, but clients valuable information sometimes, and that can someone land in the hands of a thief.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that a lot of these features are premium features. Besides the Free plan, they have a Premium and Premium Plus. If you want all these cool features like the. $1M Identity Theft Insurance, Identity Monitoring, or Social Media Watch, you have to pay monthly or yearly for their services.

I lost my phone about a year ago, which is when I was just brainstorming and making plans for my business. Most of my thoughts, ideas, and some documents were saved in my device. If Sprint would have never advertised it, I would have never learned about Lookout and a lot of my things would have just been lost. I was able to recover my SD Card from the phone.

Lookout review by John I.
John I.

"Quick and Easy Ui"

What do you like best?

Lookout is one of yhe greatest and easiest find my phone app I have used to date, it can lock and wipe your phone and it had a built-in anti virus. Lookout stands out from the competition due to its easy to use Ui

What do you dislike?

As all other find my phone apps if the sim has been taken out or there is no data or gps then your devive will not be able to be located

Lookout provides business benefits such as locking our business devices all in one place and wiping our sensitive info if they can not be found

Lookout review by Shiva M.
Shiva M.

"Lookout Antivirus Review"

What do you like best?

-it’s very easy to use, install and let apps do it’s job in background.

-it has many functions such as phone contact and databackup, device location finder etc.

-We can scream the device and track if we don’t know the device location.

- it has some premium features like safe wifi and breach reports.

-It helps protecting viruses and spyware

What do you dislike?

-App consumes heavy internal memory and device resources

-No manual optimization, No cleanup function and very limited menu function

-Not worth paying extra bucks for premium features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it, its super easy and helpful app for your device.

I can track my device and ring, I can find my last location and backup my contacts and restore anytime. It’s very helpful app easy to monitor.

Lookout review by prateek s.
prateek s.

"Amazing tool since 2012"

What do you like best?

I've been using lookout since 2012, and its an amazing tool. Even back in 2012 it had amazing features to allow it to locate your device. Locking your device and protecting the data in it is of utmost importance. Back in those days, i was working on a client which had sensitive supply data.

I've used it on 1 Symbian and 2 Android devices, and it worked seamlessly fine. I can even get notifications of where my device was - both on their website and on my email (even historic notifications) which is an amazing feature.

You get an option to raise siren, wipe clean your data, access it for quick recovery, or lock your device permanently. It even protects with internet tracking, threat protection(which even alerts of phone being rooted, or any malware intruding). I personally found its threat protection a great feature which i realized when a collegue's device was infiltrated with malware and there were many documents synced with outlook available on that device.

What do you dislike?

It hogs a lot of memory, which can be improved. The UI is still more or less fair, which compensates for it. I did like the old UI more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every enterprise should try Lookout for managing their mobile devices and tablets. We should realize that with the changing times, accessing corporate data on mobile is inevitable, and in such situations Lookout is super helpful in managing where your data goes, and lock it before it falls prey into wrong hands.

Security of data as well as device is of high importance. Companies need to have control and knowledge of their device location to ensure their assets (both physical and digital) are secure.

Lookout helps to manage device, track it, secure the data, and notify required stakeholders of any notifications. Enterprise security teams should use this product definitely.

Lookout review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Mobile Security That's Never In Your Way!"

What do you like best?

Seriously, if it weren't for the logo the occassional "all is well" reminder texts, you'll hardly even know Lookout is there - but these days you'll be glad they are, especially on your mobile.

I've had many others, and most of them slow everything down at the worst possible time. These folks have a ton of experience, and know what really matters: security without impacting the end-user. well done!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report here on the dislikes list. Keep ontop of your game, and I'm fine with not hearing from you because you are!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, mobile security experts

mobile security withour interuptions.

Lookout review by Jerry L.
Jerry L.

"Great security software for your mobile devices "

What do you like best?

I like Lookout for it's features. As well as good security features to protect your device, it also has the capability to locate your device as long as it has GPS. It also has the ability to wipe your device remotely or sound a very loud alarm on command if your device is stolen. Nice footprint, don't notice it running on my phone or tablet.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about Lookout. Possibly the fees you have to pay. I think it is well worth it to protect your devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great security software. I'm sure they have some type of trial policy where you can get your money back if you don't like it.

Lookout protects my phone and other mobile devices. It also provides a way to locate your device whether you lost track of it or it was stolen.

Lookout review by User in Research
User in Research

"Love Lookout"

What do you like best?

I like that Lookout always does security checks on all of my apps. I love that it is FAST when it does these checks. They don't slow down my phone. I like that it offers me options of HOW secure I want to be with my phone.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have many complaints about Lookout.

Lookout makes sure that all of your apps are secure. They make sure that you know what each app is accessing and how much it accesses, for example, it will let you know if Maps is accessing your camera. Lookout makes sure that all of my business documents that I receive through email are safe for me to read and edit.

Lookout review by Nimarta Kaur C.
Nimarta Kaur C.

"Good security, drains battery"

What do you like best?

This security feature offers a bunch of protection from potential hacking and phishing threats. It takes time to scan every app and every file downloaded which makes it remarkable to use.

What do you dislike?

Using it or always keeping it on scanning mode immensely drains my battery. If there was a better way to optimize Lookout so that battery usage was minimal, I'd be a little happier with using it.

When connecting my own phone to work emails, security is of the utmost importance. With lookout, I know I am staying secure and doing my best to avoid potential scams and attacks. This is beneficial because it allows me to work remotely and not always from a work computer.

Lookout review by Sophia A.
Sophia A.

"Lookout review"

What do you like best?

I particularly appreciate that lookout takes measures to protect apps which I use regularly.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble getting lookout set up, but once I got it set up it worked like a charm!

Providing a sense of security while using mobile devices for QA work, particularly on the mobile version of the website I work with, has been extremely useful. Although most of the QA work is in the testing environment a serious threat would be posed to the app if passwords etc were accessed, and with lookout that is never a worry.

Lookout review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"App risk control "

What do you like best?

Lookout provides a level of security that simply doesn't exist elsewhere. The depth of knowledge and skill is evident in the enterprise software which provides excellent protection levels against the very worst threats

What do you dislike?

I don't have any reservations in saying Lookout is a fantastic product. The recent announcement of integration with Microsoft EMS makes Lookout even more robust and flexible.

Mobile users who have BYOD or CYOD pose a significant risk to the business. Lookout allows our users to maintain their individuality but protects us from any malicious code in apps causing us any data loss or intrusion

Lookout review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Lookout is a great product"

What do you like best?

It's great on mobile devices. I currently use it on my iPhone. It protects my device from harmful sites or exposure to hackers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact you need to pay for full access to all features. Free gives you some protection but not total.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to test it out there is a free version. If you really like it premium give you the best overall value.

General hackers or downloads of corrupted apps. This app prevents that from happening.

Lookout review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"slowed down my computer, takes up too much background cpu/energy "

What do you like best?

the only thing i really like about it is the feeling that its affording me some sort of protection. I definitely think that these sort of things only work if they take a minimal toll on ones computer which i dont think this does.

What do you dislike?

i disliked how much of a toll this takes on my computer and how much it slows down my computer. Also certain things like the sandbox and other stuff like that just is really annoying. Having to spend so much time and effort on making sure this is running really takes a toll.

its pretty good for blocking certain pop-ups and potential viruses while online .

Lookout review by Yiyi J.
Yiyi J.

"Quantitative Associate"

What do you like best?

In the current working place, leaking information is key risk. Lookout protects user when they surfing internet using pubic wifi

What do you dislike?

Lookout did provide powerful tool in protecting user information. I really do not have any negative views on this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lookout should advertise their product to cover more broad internet servers. For instance: airport, subways, etc.

We use it when remotely log in to office computer and it safeguards no leaking company information and work.

Lookout review by Morgan S.
Morgan S.

"Lookout"

What do you like best?

I have it installed on my phone. It has been vital for all the random apps I have installed throughout the lifetime of the phone. It is very user friendly, especially for a non-tech savy person.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike would be that there are no alerts if a SIM card is inserted into Android phone.

When Downloading, it protects from malware with low memory space!

Lookout review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Stock Mobile Security "

What do you like best?

This app. comes on a few Android devices, and has basic as well as premium features. if your device is lost or stolen it can be of use to you in retrieving your phone by location or identifying the thief.

What do you dislike?

This application needs to go premium to be a fully effective utility for theft protection. The free version is good for personal use, but is insufficient to business security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lookout is a basic security application for free, it is necessary to go Premium!

This app. scans my device for suspected viruses through the day and also has anti-theft features/ that protect my data.

Lookout review by Slok S.
Slok S.

"lookout review"

What do you like best?

It works on most of the webpages.

I have never faced any threats after using lookout for my web browsing.

What do you dislike?

It prevents alot of apps which are not installed from the app store. It gives a lot of notification. which is a big distraction.

I use lookout daily to prevent my self from phishing webpages and to do safe browsing

Lookout review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great, low overhead prodtection for your mobile device"

What do you like best?

The setup was easy, and allows for good control of the device. I like that you can remotely deactivate the device.

What do you dislike?

At first I did not like that you needed to add a sign in to use the phone, but with the newer model phones and bio-identification, this is not an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for protecting your mobile device

Locating my phone. I also have gained additional security

Lookout review by Treasure  B.
Treasure B.

"Lookout Security "

What do you like best?

This program is excellent at detecting security threats.

What do you dislike?

The program is very spotty and inaccurate at times, although rarely.

Lookout provides security benefits and prevents our information from being compromised.

Lookout review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Makes Me Feel Safe"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use security app for my phone that doesn't annoy me. It works behind the scenes well.

What do you dislike?

It'll sometimes send me seemingly unnecessary notifications.

Provides a good security option for phones.

Lookout review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Lookout App for Mobile"

What do you like best?

Lookout Security & Antivirus works well, looks great and has several unique features like Safe Wi-Fi. It monitors from malware attacks to identity theft.

What do you dislike?

Paid option is expensive and free plan lacks so many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Recommend Lookout security mobile app. Lookout has the best-looking, and easily the most intuitive Android antivirus app on the market.

Mobile security apps for iOS and Android devices. Safe Wi-Fi - Protects you and your data from dangerous Wi-Fi attacks

Lookout review by Eric F.
Eric F.

"It does the job"

What do you like best?

A solid application for security. I can easily secure my device with the tough of a button.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be prettier. Also I don't think the app icon is attractive.

Security

Lookout review by Meirin A.
Meirin A.

"safe supplement to your cell"

What do you like best?

No doubt what I like most is the security that my cell phone theft, also has an excellent antivirus

What do you dislike?

I have not gotten anything negative, always correct software errors with each update

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend always get the most out of the application

I could block my phone, retrieve information and even a photo of trying to unlock my phone

Lookout review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Good"

What do you like best?

I like how this monitors my phone performance continously

What do you dislike?

Nothing much no doslikes as of now. I like the applicatiom

Detecting the applications which are threat to the system

Lookout review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Great app to monitor phone "

What do you like best?

I like the app very much it can protect and tell me what is a security risk

What do you dislike?

I wish it could have a bit more functions and features

Security

Lookout review by G2 Crowd User in Photography
G2 Crowd User in Photography

"security"

What do you like best?

I can access in the PC and find in GPS the location of my mobile

What do you dislike?

In other versions after several failed attempts to unlock the phone, lookout send to the owner a picture to the person is doing

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep your backup updated

In the case of losing the phone I contact who get it

Lookout review by G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages
G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"security first"

What do you like best?

that I can find my phone connecting me in my PC, if is missing or lost.

What do you dislike?

In Lookout for Android there are more options and tools that iPhone

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep your backup updated

the software let me know whe my phone is outdated

Lookout review by User

"Great and easy to use "

What do you like best?

It’s easy and the way out IT has it set up, it automatically updates on its own.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything that I dislike about this product.

We’re solving internal safety issues.

We’ve realized that software updates are ideal and necessary because we are always in 3 different web tiers.

Lookout review by User in Information Technology and Services

"LOOKOUT software review."

What do you like best?

Well, the best things i like about it are the intuitive user interface, identity protection and well-considered features.

What do you dislike?

Free plans lack critical features such as protection while surfing the web

Recommendations to others considering the product

very intuitive, great featuers, excellent performance.

Lookout prevents from mobile threats, mobile software vulnerabilities and prevention from data app leakage.

Lookout review by User

"Very impressed on how the company handled cybersecurity "

What do you like best?

The way the inventors designed the app made it clear and concise to the audience including me.

What do you dislike?

It took some work to get used to the way they set up our account

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will take time to get used to!

Privacy in patient care information/data

Lookout review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Lookout - Mobile phone safety"

What do you like best?

Helps me use work emails and other apps on phone with a higher confidence level of the employer.

What do you dislike?

Makes the device a little slow due to verification on each installation etc.

Keeping work data safe on my phone device

Lookout review by User in Computer Software

"Unnecessary App"

What do you like best?

It is good for technologically illiterate people.

What do you dislike?

It is unneccessary and slow. Only old people need this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adblock, windows defender

None, unless you are a technically illiterate person. I’d recommend a browser adblocker or the built-in antivirus on your computer.

Lookout review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Trusted and reliable product. "

What do you like best?

They're the leader in the mobile security industry.

What do you dislike?

Customer service was hard to get back to me when I needed them the most.

Security is the main business issue they are solving for me.

Lookout review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"A little annoying but does the job"

What do you like best?

Lookout can conduct routine scans and keep your system safe

What do you dislike?

Unless you turn them off, you can get some pop up reminders fairly often.

System security

Lookout review by User in Internet

"Good security for Android phones, one of the first in the mobile space"

What do you like best?

Mostly unobtrusive, automatically scans new apps and periodically scans all.

What do you dislike?

Impact on battery life, occasionally on performance

Mobile device security

Learning about Lookout?

* We monitor all Lookout reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.