Lovefield

Lovefield is a relational database for web apps.

Work for Lovefield?

Learning about Lovefield?

Lovefield Reviews

Ask Lovefield a Question
Showing 11 Lovefield reviews
Lovefield review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Lovefield is a great SQL interface to local browser storage."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and very responsive support. The example code to is realistic and a great jumping off point, showing how to initialize the DB on first load, abstract it to a general data source that relies both on lf and $http.

What do you dislike?

Biggest issue was more more a result of JS than lf itself. All DB access is non-blocking and done with Promises, which means that when you have a lot of queries to implement sequentially, the code becomes bloated with promises chains.

That said, it's great to be able to have non-blocking queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast to set up, good responsive support on Github, open source

I used lf in a "functional" product mock up where I could send the product to clients and they could run it without me having to set up a app server to serve data.

The benefits were that my [angular] controllers/factories/services could easily access the data, often without knowing where it came from.

Without lf or any other local data storage, for this mock up I'd have probably just had a static JSON file storing my data, and had to write my own getters to access the data.. This would have been time consuming and slow (especially considering that the mock up was grabbing large amounts of 3D data to render with D3.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lovefield
Lovefield review by Administrator

"Awesome product - highly recommended for small/medium scale usage"

What do you like best?

The best thing about lovefield is the ease of learning, understanding, and integrating it to your project. Writing queries were never more easier than this ! I strongly recommend this to small scale users who has minimal needs of storing and retrieving data (I haven't benchmarked the product in a large scale environment).

What do you dislike?

I haven't used this for a large scale product (where millions of users simultaneously use the product) and I don't think it can be scalable to a large extend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you need a simple but effective data storage and retrieval system for your project (small/medium scale), then look no further !

I wanted a simple but minimal method of saving and retrieving data and Lovefield is really good at it ! It easily stores and retrieves data without much overhead which is the best thing I like about it. Another very important thing is, learning to code Lovefield will take less than 4 hours for most of the web developers (so its easy to learn and code. What more a web developer needs ?)

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

Lovefield review by User in Research
User in Research

"Another great open source project from Google which is in Javascript"

What do you like best?

I mainly like it because it is written in JavaScript, which gave me possibility to use it in my NodeJS projects without any additional setup. And obviously it is cross-browser compatible. So by using Loverfield I can develop offline mobile or web application easily, which makes Lovefield a

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen any cons yet while using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will highly recommend others to use Lovefield since it is opensource and has active community

I am developing a mobile application for Traffic Management for Traffic polices in Bangladesh, using Lovefield, AngularJS, Ionic and NodeJS. Currently they manage following tasks by pen and paper.

1. Traffic Clearance

2. Repeated offence of Driving Licence/ Vehicle

3. Type of Vehicles prosecuted

4. Offence Code-wise Prosecution list

5. Defaulter list of Vehicles

The app i am developing will facilitate this tasks in the cloud and offline.

Lovefield review by User in Information Technology and Services

"LOVEFIELD RELATIONAL DATABASE REVIEW."

What do you like best?

Lovefield provides SQL-like APIs that are fast, safe, and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The performance can slow down with huge data volume but the recommended limit in the amount of data is 50-100 thousand rows. We normally work within this limit so it is not a problem for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This relational database is written in JavaScript, works cross-browser. It is very user friendly and its performance is just great. Highly recommend it.

In our IT infrastructure environment, we have numerous web apps and for years we were struggling to have a strong, reliable and flexible database solution for our web app needs. Lovefield solved that problem and continues to help us grow our company.

Lovefield review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"An amazing Relational Query Engine with JS"

What do you like best?

One of the most valuable things viewed by developers is if the product/idea is an open source project. The Lovefield is an excellent example. This JavaScript SQL-like database library is very fast, useful and easy-to-learn.

What do you dislike?

Not that I did not like, but to be in the beginning also has a rather small community. If you face problems will have to count on a little help or solve their own way.

I used Lovefield to develop a system used in tesis of Graduation.

Lovefield review by Santiago F.
Santiago F.

"Lovefield, the relational database for a WebApp"

What do you like best?

The JavaScript library works with more popular browser. Provides SQL-like APIs that are fast, safe, and easy to use. With interaction to native data structures as is Maps for iOs, and other.

What do you dislike?

Not support for conditions in aggregators now. Not support for open-source server-side data store as rethinkdb, socketcluster and others.

Pilot tests with databases events such as Firebase, proficiency testing and evaluation of latency response to problem size (complexity).

Lovefield review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"lovefield "

What do you like best?

I have only made some simple mods to the app code, i.e. added a Comment table

ideally I would separate out all Comment access code into separate files away

it

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "live update". I guess that's "changes made from other sessions", which we called it "external changes"

Recommendations to others considering the product

as I am doing a review of this software but so far it looks good and would recommend trying this out

as trying this program out still open for review but will update what I see .

Lovefield review by User

"My lovefield review"

What do you like best?

The examples given are a very good starting point for using the system. Very responsive support team and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it is meant for a larger company or a lot of users in one location as it can get slow with lots of data volume

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lovefield is a good database to keep track of all your web apps

The company struggled to find a database for all web apps until we came across Lovefield

Lovefield review by ja j.
ja j.

"Satisfied"

What do you like best?

Quick response rates and accessibility of support

What do you dislike?

All DB access is non-blocking which can be limiting

Fast to set up

Lovefield review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"great RDB for web apps"

What do you like best?

cross browser functionality

easier to use

What do you dislike?

this api is written in javascript, which may not always be a platform independant

integrating databases with web applications

Lovefield review by User

"lovefield"

What do you like best?

lovefiled allows for faster query execution

What do you dislike?

lovefiled shall have better user interface

speed

Learning about Lovefield?

* We monitor all Lovefield reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.