Lucidchart

HTML5 diagramming & wireframing app that supports real time collaboration & Visio import.

Work for Lucidchart?

Learning about Lucidchart?

Lucidchart Reviews

Ask Lucidchart a Question
Showing 305 Lucidchart reviews
Lucidchart review by Allison D.
Allison D.

"Lucidchart is flexible, detailed, and has a great free version!"

What do you like best?

Variety of shapes and items you can add, flexibility in styling and connecting them. The standard shapes are default, but you can choose from a wide variety of well chosen shape presets based on the type of project you're working on. Even for complex charts with lots of items, little lag or network issues when moving items or making changes. The free version is great for even complex charts that 50+ shapes, but only allows a small number of charts. But if you do need to use it regularly, DEFINITELY worth the premium subscription!

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be hard to select the right item when you have several items stacked together. Zooming in and out can be cumbersome - the zoom steps are wider apart than I'd like.Otherwise, I have had no issues with the Lucidchart software as I've used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't miss the individual shape options - arrow directions for lines, shape and text colors and patterns, rounded corners, etc. These can help your diagrams look more professional, but also make them clearer for your audience at a glance. Also, the layers option isn't always obvious, but is really helpful in locking one set of shapes so you don't move them by accident!

Creating complex flow charts, organizational charts, workflow charts, value webs, and other diagrams. I've been able to more clearly illustrate complex website functions, large organizational systems, reporting chains with several "what if" cases, and more!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lucidchart
Lucidchart review by Marion G.
Marion G.

"Very good UX"

What do you like best?

You can organize all your documents very easily and share documents with your colleagues. This looks very similar to Google Drive actually but making diagrams is now a hundred times easier with this ! There are a lot of interesting libraries to create the diagrams. Lucidchart's selection is very easy. I like the fact that you can import your own elements directly, which makes it again very easy/fast to use.

You can choose specific templates which are all sorted by categories as well to start doing your diagram, which makes it easier to reuse.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I spent some time before understanding how all of this works, maybe because of the UI itself, as this is not obvious where we have to click to find our files etc... Otherwise there are not so many things I dislike as this saves me lots of time. Instead of doing these on a paper this is cleaner and faster with LucidChart ! I stayed for some time with the free trial but it blocks me to use more elements: I can't use more than a specific number of it and can't use too much space in the file I opened either which is annoying, but fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will save you a lot of time !

Creating diagrams and having all the logic draw for everyone in my team to understand what is in my mind. I then send my diagrams and share the link to my colleagues, that's simple !

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Lucidchart review by Jordan R.
Jordan R.

"Arguably the most insightful and useful diagrams/templates available online"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can actually learn more whilst using a template is fantastic. Especially when preparing for a presentation - i find that lucid charts makes life easy by being able to populate professional templates. Often i find that there was some aspects I've missed - which isn't a problem anymore as Lucid charts clearly and visually points out the gaps for me. Superb!

What do you dislike?

Everything should be free, but its understandable given the quality. Its probably big ask from and end user perspective. Not that i mind paying for the subscription (it IS worth every penny) but i honestly cannot find any flaws with using Lucid charts at this stage. I've used it for quiet some years without any difficulties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rather subscribe and get all the tools you need - it's affordable and i consider it FREE with regard to what you are getting out of using LC!!!

Speeds up the process of preparing presentations. It also really helps gain more insight and allows for changes to be made at will. Regardless of what industry you are in - you could literally use a template/diagram etc - to gain further insight on other industries business models or even analyse a business prospect or potential new client and their strategies.

Lucidchart review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"Powerful and versatile online tool to make quality diagrams"

What do you like best?

The diagrams have personalization possibilities to make them visually attractive, it is very easy to use since its editor is quite comfortable, it integrates very well with google docs favoring teamwork, also from the application itself you can share documents and assign permissions to team members to modify or see the diagrams, you can make many types of diagrams, but if you do not have a specific diagram you can import your own shapes and do it in the application, the diagrams can be exported in the most used formats such as pdf , jpg, png, vsx or cvs; You can also import diagrams made with other applications such as visio, omnigraffle, gliffy and draw.io

What do you dislike?

If you are using a free account you can only use a maximum of 60 objects per document and you can only have 3 documents stored, plus the revision history is only available as a premium feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to make many diagrams and that these have more than 60 objects it is convenient to subscribe at least to the basic plan since the price is relatively low.

it allows me to make diagrams of many types, mainly diagrams of entity relationship and diagrams uml without need of facilities or complicated records, since you can enter with your google account or with social networks like facebook or g +, also allows to share the work with my students and organize work teams for the diagrams of the software development methodologies that we use.

Lucidchart review by Karen Q.
Karen Q.

"Great for Wireframing"

What do you like best?

I like that I can generate my own diagrams and save them for future uses. Templates, such as the UI/UX ones, are great for putting together an idea quickly. Collaboration is smooth - I can easily share my document with a coworker and he or she can quickly add comments, make adjustments, or add items without needing me to touch it.

What do you dislike?

At times, my wireframe may be larger than the canvas provided. I would then adjust the canvas to be larger. However, when I expand the canvas, my wireframe moves along with frame which results it spanning over two different canvases. When I try to adjust to be only part of one, Lucidchart will jump to the bottom of the canvas.

We're using Lucidchart to generate wireframes for different content needs for a website. This includes wireframing new pages on the site, PPC landing pages, email drip campaigns, new modules, and more. Every content strategist and marketing managers have access to the software using our business email which makes collaboration much quicker.

Lucidchart review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Poderosa herramienta para realizar cualquier tipo de diagrama!"

What do you like best?

Me gusta que es una herramienta en linea la cual puedes acceder desde cualquier parte, incluso desde tu teléfono inteligente, puedes integrarlo con Google Drive de modo que se incorpora a las herramientas que mas usas.Tiene gran cantidad de plantillas que puedes utilizar como base para tu trabajo Driagramas de Flujo, Diagramas de red, Mapas Mentales, Diagramas de Circuitos Eléctricos, Diagramas UML y muchos otros, para hacer los diagramas cuentas con una gran variedad de figuras según estándares como UML, Entidad Relación, Redes Cisco, Azure, entre otros. Puedes manejar capas dentro del diseño lo que es muy útil si necesitas añadir elementos de diferentes niveles de análisis en el diagrama. Puedes colocarle fácilmente temas al diagrama sin mayor esfuerzo, pues ya trae unos pre-diseñados. También, puedes importar diagramas desde Visio y Gliffy; y finalmente, puedes descargar el diagrama de distintos formatos PDF, PNG, JPG, SVG y Visio.

What do you dislike?

Una de las cosas que me disgusta es que el entorno de trabajo no es personalizable y este es muy gris. Otra cosa es que cuando los diagramas se hacen demasiado complejos tiende a ponerse pesado, sobre todo si insertas imágenes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LucidChart es un software muy sencillo y fácil de usar que permite trabajar los diagramas de forma colaborativa y compartirlos fácilmente; además, puedes tenerlos disponible desde cualquier parte con tu teléfono inteligente, solo tienes que bajarte la aplicación. Es bastante provechoso ya que puedes utilizarlo para muchos tipo de diagramas.

Los diagramas de procesos de la organización se realizan en esta herramienta ya que es muy sencilla y fácil de usar; además, compartes el documento y todo el equipo ya dispone del diagrama para incorporarlo a otros documentos (informes, reporte, presentaciones, entre otros). También, si necesitas un diagrama de distribución de espacios sin mucho rigor es perfecto ya que lo puedes hacer sin mucha complejidad.

Lucidchart review by Jay H.
Jay H.

"Great product for organizing, planning and sharing project plans/ideas."

What do you like best?

I've been using Lucidchart for a few years now. The feature I love the most is the ability to create easy to read flow charts and attach a hyperlink to a shape.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about lucidchart. Its a great product. Period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use! Excellent for organizing your thoughts on paper to create a seamless, easy to read flowchart. After I started using this product in Marketing, other teams like Sales, Customer Service and Prodcut teams really liked how easy it was to read my charts, that they decided to get a license of lucidchart themselves. Its a great product for any team/department.

As a marketer, I get a lot of internal questions from different departments asking what are email nurtures look like and what content we share with customers. With Lucidchart I can easily create a flow chart to show the emails and send dates and on top of that, I can hyperlink a shape in the chart and take someone to a sample of the actual customer email.

Lucidchart review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Awesome online graphing tool. "

What do you like best?

First of all is very easy to get started drawing awesome looking graphs. No matter its complexity you have at hand all the tools needed, from drawing simple flowcharts to complex UML graphs, database relations, etc. The ability to import your graphs from other software is also a big plus. There is also a huge library of symbols and charts available. Also, hotspots and layers, gives a lot of control on what is displayed, so you can somehow animate your chart to turn on/off parts of the graph.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get a grip on drawing connectors with custom paths, especially when adding more than one right angle turn, I had to play a bit with the different options under the page settings menu to finally have control of their positioning. I also, recommend having snap to grid enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommend having a list of keyboard shortcuts, although I didn' t find one, you can build one yourself.

The fact that is web based, really help us share and facilitate contributing, from remote users. You can just go to any customer and open your graph in the browser, getting rid of carrying around pen drives with the information. Moreover, it is possible in most cases, to import graphs from customers data. You can have a layer where the customer can make their recommendations to the project without the need for additional meetings. At the end, this saves a lot of time.

Lucidchart review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Lucid Chart is a functional solution that creates highly-usable flow charts"

What do you like best?

It's pretty quick to learn how to use LucidChart. The features grow with you so that you can use just the basics after a few minutes of clicking around. But if you want to become a power user, you'll need to put in a bit more time.

What do you dislike?

The end result feels like a mechanical drawing or an engineering chart. They're just not aesthetically pleasing. If you're just trying to communicate information, then it's all you need. If you need to communicate information in an elegant way, then you may need a different solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. It may well check all your boxes. Just don't think that it will be useful for client-facing information. It's more for creating internal docs.

Explaining multi-stage processes to clients in an onboarding course. We've been able to help our clients understand the need to complete certain tasks in a specific order and identify decision points and criteria for making those decisions.

Lucidchart review by Chad C.
Chad C.

"Lucidchart - a premier diagramming tool"

What do you like best?

I've tried way too many diagramming tools over the years - wayyyy too many. I've used Pencil (more for web mockups), Moqups (also web-centric), PowerPoint (more of a hack and too simple), and of course Visio (just too much of a pain and overkill most of the time) to name a few. I heard about Lucidchart and decided to give it a try - it is by far the easiest and most versatile diagramming program I have tried. I like it so much I actually puchased a basic plan ($55/yr). That I LOVE about Lucidchart is that I can quickly and easily which up a network diagram for a client in a matter of minutes based on a saved template. I can then export to PNG and slap it in OneNote or a Jira ticket.

One thing I really like is how well the linking of objects with arrowed lines works - it's just simple to do and the lines can be easily manipulated, something that has never been easy to do in Visio.

I like the idea of the integrations available (Jira, Google Docs, etc.), but haven't used them yet honestly.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Lucidchart. One thing I would like to see would be the ability to have complex shapes - freehand polygons or the ability to add/remove vertices so you can make odd shapes and not just rectangles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you can have one diagram for free. Try it out and see what you think.

I primarily use Lucidchart to create small network diagrams, but have also used it to create figures for publications and also used the mindmapping feature, which is a nice way to get thoughts lined out quickly. Some colleagues also use the Jira integration as well which allows them to insert their Lucidchart content directly into Jira tickets.

Lucidchart review by Berenice A.
Berenice A.

"This is a great alternative to make some fresh diagrams"

What do you like best?

When I started using this software, I was quite amazed at its simplicity: the first thing I could enjoy of this tool is the variety of types of diagrams which anyone can easily just select and start using in a matter of seconds. I also felt a bit excited because many aspects of the chart can be easily changed (such as colors, figures, lines and many more things). In the past I had used a few diagramming tools that didn't allow for much variation of colors for my diagrams (which made them look a bit dull), but this one has been a great tool for making my diagrams.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I'm too touchy, but I dislike the left option bar. And what do I want to say by this? I mean that this bar lacks a couple feautres: first of all, this bar should include a section that shows templates for users just in case they want to change the current template for a new one. Finally, if users chose a different template for their diagram, it would be cool if the written information that users typed up in these diagrams remained there for re-use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This online software is nice option for someone interested in making diagrams and even flow charts.

When I use a diagram software like this, I can be sure that my activities are recorded and stored safely. One example is if I need to change or update any logistic aspect of my business, I'd just have to open my stored diagram and make the required changes.

Lucidchart review by Maria R.
Maria R.

"Lucid Chart is a great tool for keeping track of clients and their needs"

What do you like best?

Even though Lucid Chart is a tool often used to create flow charts, I really love that I can give it different uses. For example, I use this online software for keeping track of my clients and their needs: I like that I only have to log into my account, and then select a ready-made flow chart type, with added shapes and arrows to signal the flow of the task; after that, I like even more that I can replace the inserted text with the name of my clients, as well as the tasks I have to deliver to make them happy (so that they buy my stuff again), and for me, it's a super bonus that I can easily change the color of the text and shapes easily. This software has simplified the way I keep track of my clients and their orders, and that's the part I love the most.

What do you dislike?

This is a very complete software, which is also easy to use. Because of this, I can really say that the only thing that bothers me about this is its price. What I mean to say is that almost 9 American dollars per month can be a bit high for most users, especially for people like me, who run their own business on their own. If the price for this service was around 3 dollars, then I would definitely give it a 10-star rating,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lucidchart is a fascinating software for keeping your business organized, as it can help you keep track of all your clients as well as the orders they place, and changes they need.

Lucid Chart gives me the opportunity to maintain my business organized. Everyday I need to talk to a number of clients, and keep track of what they want, changes to orders I already have, and so on, and I can do this within a few seconds thanks to my Lucid Chart software.

Lucidchart review by Chelsey S.
Chelsey S.

"Great tool -- once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many features and functions to create the perfect flow chart. Lucidchart helps me look like a professional designer, even though I'm not. Their selection of shapes, forms, etc. is diverse and this tool certainly helps me visualize for myself and for my team.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit cumbersome drawing out a custom chart and getting the flow lines and boxes just where you want them. Also, what the free version allows could be quite slim.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With all their templates and download options, there's a great deal of versatility. I definitely recommend taking enough time to familiarize yourself with the software and even if you're seasoned with software like this, I recommend starting with the free version (although limited) to see if this is where you want to go.

often, we run into a project flow issue and this not only helps by visually showcasing the project flow, but also, product flow, UX, and allow for real time edits.

Lucidchart review by Lianne M.
Lianne M.

"Lucidchart Makes It Easy to Visualize Information to Diverse Audiences"

What do you like best?

I usually read Getting Started guides when beginning to use new software, but I didn’t have to do that for Lucidchart—yes, it’s THAT intuitive. In our information-heavy worlds, there is so much information coming at us all of the time, and plenty of that information is up for us to translate for other people. With Lucidchart, I’m able to quickly (!!!) visualize information in ways that are meaningful through extremely clear visual representation. The tools that Lucidchart provides doesn’t leave me having to write a guide on how to understand my infographic—I can write, design, and share. I often do not spend any more time than 1–2 hours on a chart with Lucidchart, because the tools and templates are already there for me to use.

What do you dislike?

There’s a limit on the number of templates that Lucidchart provides, and they could add more. While there are a ton of customization options, templates make it easy for busy people to do their jobs quickly and effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Diagramming is often time-consuming and frustrating, and Lucidchart helps alleviate that with its ease of use and helpful templates. Use a template to get started and, once you’re comfortable, explore as many tools as you can. Lucidchart seems pretty simple, but is actually really powerful once you’re in the program.

We use Lucidchart to create low-fidelity wireframes in product/course design, as well as workflows to help others in and outside of the company understand how customers move through courses. By using Lucidchart to diagram these things, we save a ton of money by being able to solicit and receive feedback before we implement designs (and have to spend a ton of time redoing the work!).

Lucidchart review by Brittni S.
Brittni S.

"Free version not exactly user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the templates available for flowcharts and organizational charts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike trying to make an organizational chart and then be cut off in the middle, because I don't have "premium" features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want full use of this software, you will need to pay for premium features. There's a quantity limit to the amount of figures you can have per diagram or chart, which makes it difficult to start a project when you're unsure if you'll be able to finish it based on the size of the project. Even though the membership is less expensive than most software like them, there should still be no limit on the size of your project.

My company is designing a new organizational chart and needed a better template than using SmartArt on Excel.

Lucidchart review by Ariel D.
Ariel D.

"An amazing tool for multinational teams."

What do you like best?

-It shows edits in more or less real time, and allows everyone to see who is working on what.

-The lane/container functionality, which allows one to shift all objects within a container without impacting anything else on the diagram/map is a life saver.

-Inserting steps in a process couldn't be easier - no reconnecting of lines required, the software automatically splits the flow.

- An impressive library of shapes.

-Overall an amazing tool.

What do you dislike?

poor multilingual support. not only is the UI only available in English, but at least Japanese is rendered very strangely within the tool. I imagine other east Asian languages (especially traditional Chinese) would have similar problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial and take it for a spin. I think that giving it a try will be far more insightful than reading reviews.

I work on process improvement projects with teams based in 2-3 countries on a regular basis. Visualizing a BP is one of the earliest steps we take to make sure everyone is on the same page, but it is really difficult to do when everyone isn't in the same room - or more correctly, when everyone isn't drawing on the same canvas. Lucid chart completely resolves that issue. Conducting teleconference/video conference meetings has become so much more efficient.

Lucidchart review by Christien L.
Christien L.

"Great for Entrepreneurs and Sales Teams - Replaces Keynote and/or Powerpoint for Diagrams"

What do you like best?

Pretty sure that I'm not the target user for LucidChart, but once my lead UX/UI colleague turned me onto it I was hooked. I was using Keynote or Powerpoint to diagram out my sales processes. Most marketing professionals are used to having a visual workflow because it's built into their marketing automation tools. Sales people typically spend their time in a CRM, which is not very visual. Lucidchart allows me to easily spec out my sales process much faster than presentation software. The UX is intuitive.

The quick export options are fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The load time is pretty heavy in Chrome, but I'm on a MacBook Air with several tabs open; so it could be me. This is minor as once it's up, it's smooth as silk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would love to see a sidebar where I can type as I would into the document but then out put as a diagram.

QUICKLY diagramming my sales and marketing processes.

Lucidchart review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"I couldn't imagine working without it"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart makes creating and sharing content effortless. Being browser based makes it incredibly easy to access and work can be shared with colleagues in just a couple of clicks. Prior to this I used desktop based programmes (Visio) which in comparison are so clunky to work with, I can never go back to them.

What do you dislike?

I use Lucidchart for basic flow diagrams which often include delivery timelines. In particular I've found the timeline feature to be somewhat limited in terms of the range of vectors, types and editable features. When dates are added to the timeline it can also be a little buggy and duplicate text.

I've not really scratched the surface with the product yet and would like to understand more about how it could benefit me but i've not seen any online tutorials. Weekly webinars going through different features or videos would be a great use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go!

I use lucid chart for two main purposes:

1) Creating process flows. It's quick, easy and responsive. Also, it looks great! When I'm presenting processes to stakeholders that always helps.

2) Timelines. Again usually to update stakeholders on progress of my projects.

Lucidchart review by Ariana M.
Ariana M.

"Awesome tool for flow mapping!"

What do you like best?

The gridlines on lucid chart and predefined flows are awesome. It's so simple to drag and drop and get things perfectly sized. It shows you mirrored measurements on the items you're charting so that you don't have to worry about certain items being larger, smaller, too close together, too far apart. I absolutely love the tool and use it every chance I get. It's also easy to copy and entire flow and paste it into a document as an image (instead of having to worry about formatting from source to target).

What do you dislike?

I really like Lucidchart. It would be nice if the free version allowed for more flexibility. I used the free version for about two weeks and couldn't continue without buying the subscription. I think a free version that doesn't have advanced features, but also doesn't force you to upgrade would be super helpful and awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool with a bunch of flexibility. I think it's absolutely worth the money if you're building flows out often enough.

I've worked on a lot of solution design documents and it's always nice to quickly throw together flows for a visual perspective. Lucidchart lets me do this quickly and easily. It's easy to get frustrated with other tools and spend a lot of time on formatting, but I can draw something out in a couple of minutes that's perfectly balanced and looks great.

Lucidchart review by Administrator

"Great Tool for Flowcharts & Process Maps"

What do you like best?

The extreme ease of use. It took us a while to get used to building the flowcharts, but we use it for all our departments. I love that my team can collaborate on documents and make changes - especially that we can make changes live on one system, and see the changes on another while looking at the same document.

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike are probably things that there are solutions for, but I haven't yet discovered. I would like it if there was a way to show a grid, and limit items within that grid to my specifications. I know that the alignment is there, I just haven't figured out how best to use it to my advantage. I guess because it's so vast, the dislike is the learning curve to really master the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn it before jumping in. Even just playing around and creating some test charts to learn how to use the different tools was a huge time saver for us when it came to implementation. Learning by DOING is really the most valuable method in an IT environment like ours.

The ability for my team to create flowcharts, diagrams, processes, etc., and to share them with our clients. For my team, this involves network maps as well as long term business improvement maps.

Lucidchart review by Carla B.
Carla B.

"Excellent useful application that includes tools for the realization of diagrams and templates."

What do you like best?

Good application very useful good user experience Easy to learn. It includes good collaboration tools. It works with many other applications. It is based on the cloud, which makes it very useful and portable. and it is safe since the work already done will not be lost. It reduces the time of work and allows to edit templates totally according to the need. It is online which allows editing in real time. The graphic elements available for UML and mental maps in general are simply perfect for a software development environment. I like the templates available for flowcharts and flowcharts.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything, it seems to be very useful software, which is also easy to use. The best part is that it was free. It gives the opportunity to keep the work very organized. Every day I have to talk to several clients and keep track of what they want, change the orders I already have, and so on, and I can do it in a few seconds thanks to my Lucid Chart software. The administration of loaded user images is slow and little useful, you need a better interface so that all the files work as personalized images. I do not like that most of the features are "premium".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you use Lucidchart is a very useful application for making diagrams with predesigned templates that reduce working time.

Decrease working time provides information and guidance on how to make the various diagrams which is very useful for the organization of work.

Lucidchart review by Shawn W.
Shawn W.

"Great Collaboration for Cross-Functional Teams"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is a great tool for a few things: building quick wireframes, concept sharing, and design critiques. The advantage of Lucidchart is that it allow everyone in your company to view the work you've produced whereas applications like Illustrator or Sketch requires your coworkers to purchase a license, and they don't have any online sharing capabilities. I've had project managers, VPs, developers, and designers chime in on design sessions to hear various feedbacks. They can also review the contents separately on their own time.

What do you dislike?

Like Illustrator, Lucidchart is a heavy tool. Lucidchart isn't native. It's built to be accessible through the web so it's convenient and available on any device so long as you are comfortable with your viewing/working device. Because of this dependence on the web, Lucidchart requires your computer to continually process on RAM (I believe). It takes a toll and slows down your development. Use it wisely. Don't dive too far into detail with this tool. One other thing is that it takes a while to load your file. I've had moments where it took hours to load something and continuously fail to project anything. That's why I'm sometimes frustrated at the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty useful tool for charts, workflows, quick ideas and sharing but do not use it to create Hi-Fi wireframes. It will not be worth your time.

Like I mentioned above, it saves time and money because only a few license is necessary to enable collaboration & execution of design work. The sharing ability allows cross-functional teams to effectively communicate feedbacks & solutions with one another and a good rate of time.

Lucidchart review by Austin C.
Austin C.

"The most amazing Process Chart software on the Market"

What do you like best?

If love Lucidcharts. It makes making process diagrams, timeline, or mockups super easy. It's one of those programs that I don't think I could do my job without it. It makes drawing up a process map into something fun instead of a chore.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike with Lucidchart is the price. I pay for it myself, but if I worked at a company that would pay for it, that would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy to use diagramming software and don't want to buy software but get something SaaS, then this is THE diagramming software to use. I use it for everything.

Process diagrams, timelines, scheme building, even floorplans! I have solved dozens of problems with Lucidcharts!

Lucidchart review by Bruno S.
Bruno S.

"Using Lucidchart"

What do you like best?

What I like most about using Lucidchart is how it saves my time. Using it is very easy and intuitive. I can still connect from anywhere, and can be accessed on my machine at work, on my machine at home or even on my cell phone half way.

I would say that in recent times it is software that I like the most.

What do you dislike?

I have no serious complaints about Lucidchart, the only thing I think could be improved would be the use on mobile platforms, which is still a bit precarious

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend for any other professional not only connected the areas of technology, it can be used for all the areas in which I already had contact

It helps a lot in the business modeling that we propose in the company.

Lucidchart review by Dustin E.
Dustin E.

"LucidChart provides EVERYTHING you need for developing and sharing project documents"

What do you like best?

The ability to collaborate with fellow team members on projects. We utilize it with our designers putting the project together with drawings, floor plans, etc. and then sharing with our sales team to confirm locations and details, and then with our install team to have the info they need on site.

What do you dislike?

LucidChart is an incredible product, for all that we've used it for over the last year plus, we haven't run into any issues or dislikes.

Sharing project drawings, archiving drawings for future reference, and the ability to remove paper documents from our workflow and share everything through the app.

Lucidchart review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Lucidchart easy to use "

What do you like best?

Lucid chart is a great tool to use that is similar to Visio. In a way it is even better because of its flexibility and additional properties like layering and importing pictures. The flexibility of being able to save it as various file types and its integration with google drive makes it an easy to use tool and great for sharing information with other people.

What do you dislike?

The rendering speed needs a bit of an improvement. Navigation/ scrolling within the site is also a barrier to entry for this program. Files that are too large are hard to use, the best work around I have found is saving the file incrementally as a .png file and then reloading it onto a new file as a picture and continuing to organize other images on top of it as layers.

Lucid chart is a great alternative to Visio. Air Liquide did not give me access to Visio while working there because of pricing issues and I found the Lucid chart to me a great, inexpensive tool to replace the need for visio.

Lucidchart review by Irina M.
Irina M.

"And I thought that diagramming couldn't be any easier"

What do you like best?

Everyone here loves to do less work be more productive (in order to earn more money) and that's what this diagramming software helps me do: I can start by saying that diagramming how I need to set-up the logictic aspect for each of my clients in education has become easier as Lucidchart enables me to pick out one template and start using it immediately. And what Iike a lot is that there are many sample templates to choose from. So here, the hardest decision you'll make is choosing one of the templates, because after that, you'll spend a few minutes clicking and replacing text so you can have a beautiful new diagram.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really complain because this diagramming software seems to be very complete, but if you ask me, I would love to see a feature in some graphic elements (such as arrows) where I could rotate the movement of this element. I'm saying this because I have tried to do this several times with many figures of this kind, and I haven't been capable of doing it. I really tried to find more things I dislike, but the software even has a button to share your diagrams instantly on social media (which means I can't complaint a lot about it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying some diagramming software, I can say that this is the most comprehensive diagramming tool you'll find.

This diagramming software enables me to make the logistic process for my organization easily and quickly. Since I started using this, I don't feel I need any other diagramming software.

Lucidchart review by Seneca A.
Seneca A.

"Good Cloud Based Diagramming App"

What do you like best?

I like the built in diagramming features and shapes. It made it really easy to diagram intuitively without having to use learn a new set of icons. The drag and drop editing was really straight forward and easy to use as well, and the ability to share with other and edit simultaneously was a huge bonus. The direct integration with Google Drive was also a bonus as this is my cloud storage solution of choice.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the limited functionality of the free version. As I started using the software more and more, I got less and less function over time. This could have been remedied by switching to a paid account, but I found another solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great cloud diagramming tool. I prefer it to others like Vizio for this reason. Real time collaboration is a huge benefit especially when looking at processes that involve many people and/or departments. I also used the project in college for programming and database projects. In the end I ended up going permanently with Google Draw, since I'm a part of a G Suite company, and this software is included with our G Suite platform. I do miss the ease of use of Lucid Charts since it is designed specifically for diagramming / wire framing and not an open ended set of uses.

I was diagramming workflow processes that had never been diagrammed before. We were able to use this tool to begin diagramming all of the steps in our processes with decision points, and their complexity, and then begin streamlining and eliminating steps.

Lucidchart review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Best Web App for Charts and Diagrams"

What do you like best?

At the time I tried Lucidchart, I was testing the ability to work solely on a Chromebook. I stumbled across Lucidchart, and I love that it seamlessly connects to Google Drive and that you can work within the browser. And, for a fee, you can import your VSDs. Outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The cost. It isn't that bad, but I am not a fan of the software subscription model that most web applications have adopted. I understand that for smaller companies, the subscription model is the best for them. It's a personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised. Lucidchart packs a lot of powerful features into a lightweight, easy-to-use package,

Wireframing websites and flowcharts--like Visio, it allows me to visualize the creation process.

Lucidchart review by Oliver V.
Oliver V.

"Perfect for mapping customer journeys"

What do you like best?

LucidChart has been a major improvement to our company & sales structure. Mapping customer journeys with every touchpoint is essential to continue on improving your (sales) process. LucidChart has this right!

What do you dislike?

LucidChart has a learning curve. It takes some time to get the hang of it & pick up speed in creating diagrams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to explore all possible shapes & flows. It makes it really easy to visualise whatever process you're describing.

Being able to display a chart easily through an iFrame has saved us quite some time, with it being accessible for all employees within our organisation.

Lucidchart review by Jiaming Z.
Jiaming Z.

"Best tool to draw flowchart"

What do you like best?

1) Have a rich set of shapes to use

2) Support many import/export format

3) Easy to draw pretty diagram (good UI design, shortcut support)

4) Have presentation mode

What do you dislike?

Have some minor issues when multiple persons are working on the same canvas

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used both draw.io and Lucidchart. My company use draw.io because it's free and drawing diagram is not essential for our business process. If my colleague and I need to work on a diagram/flowchart together, I'll use draw.io. However, whenever I have chance, I will use Lucidchart (for example, when I need to do a sharing section presentation, I use Lucidchart to draw technical diagram).

I have the feeling that it takes far less click and steps to draw the same diagram using Lucidchart than draw.io. Lucidchart is easier to change existed diagram and the diagram it make is prettier.

I mainly use Lucid to draw software architecture, UML diagram and project/product roadmap

Lucidchart review by Ben F.
Ben F.

"solves diagrams simply"

What do you like best?

Organizational charts are the main reason I got this account, and it does charts better than any other simple program I've found. It also has great floor plan builder and built in library for furniture. Really helped us visualize our new office space.

What do you dislike?

It's way too hard to manage images that have been uploaded to the account, or to optimize them for the correct size for the chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty user friendly and easy to learn.

We were trying to communicate the size and shape of our team, and lucid Chart helped us show all the people and relationships. I've also used it for floorplans and process flows.

Lucidchart review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"User-friendly and clean"

What do you like best?

As someone who used Visio for a while, I like that it is web-based and auto-saves your work. It is easy to use and has all of the basic Visio tools in an easier-to-use format. You can easily share you work as view only or for others to edit. They also use web fonts- so they have our brand fonts!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Lucidchart, but I think they should have templates that are a little more visually appealing and presentable for use outside of our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a free, easy to use application I would recommend Lucidchart. It's easy to share and collaborate with. The only thing I don't know much about is the advanced features and how they compare to Visio.

We use Lucidchart to visualize both internal and external workflows. For our customers, we try to map out their workflows before they start using our software and then use the flow chart to digitize the same workflow, with improvements, within our software. We also use it internally to manage handoffs between different teams to ensure that no work is lost and that our processes are efficient.

Lucidchart review by User in Computer Software

"Great program for diagramming "

What do you like best?

It's really user-friendly and it was pretty simple for me to pick it up and start using it. Honestly, I never really spent a lot of time with Visio, but I use LucidChart on a nearly daily basis. I think that overall, it's a really great tool for us to be able to explain the way that our product works. It's also nice that we can save it as a PDF and send it to the clients as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes rearranging the lines doesn't react as I would expect - I try to simply drag it from one box to another and it'll make weird unexpected loops. I usually end up just deleting the line and starting back over. Another issue is that when you try to zoom in and out, there's not a gradient scroll - it only works in set steps (e.g. 50%, 75%, 100%). This makes it more difficult when trying to display all of some larger diagrams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's well worth the money, and overall is really easy to use. There's a couple of quirks, but overall I think it's a really solid product.

It's a really easy diagramming program that allows collaboration with its cloud-based technology. Before this, we had another diagramming tool, but LucidChart makes it so that any member of our team can pick up where the other left off. It's easy to share the diagrams that we make among our team.

Lucidchart review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"LucidChart, Great for quick visuals and collaboration"

What do you like best?

LucidChart is a great tool for the basic diagram needs. It has an easy to use interface and simple sharing and collaboration options. It's especially helpful when you need to get visual concepts across in an iterative manner where you don't need to rely on everyone having the right software to view and edit ... and let's not even talk about issues with version control.

What do you dislike?

This is one of those tools that I use for specific cases, so there isn't much I dislike; I know where it fits for me and that's when I use it. There are basic things like granular control of positioning that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For now I would say understand what you need to tool to do and make sure it's feature set aligns with those needs. I also wouldn't worry about 100% alignment; for me if it does 85% of what I need, that's usually good enough to pull the trigger.

This helps when there are complex concepts or processes that I need to describe through visual language. Collaboration is also a very helpful feature.

Lucidchart review by James C.
James C.

"Excellent design tool"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is an excellent tool for quickly making charts of software dependencies and architecture. It is very intuitive, and offers a great variety of tools for team collaboration such as export links which update with the original documents. For the most part it is very lightweight and powerful, and always hsa the tools I'm looking for. It even contains a full library of UML diagramming tools which I've found very useful from time to time. The ability to change the background color of boxes has been central to my team's strategy, and the presentation mode has been excellent to show off diagrams quickly in meetings.

What do you dislike?

Can on occasion be a little glitchy. Sometimes selects more than you expect when you select multiple items, and arrows don't always snap properly. I can't say for sure, but it seems like when I leave it open for a very long time (overnight), that Chrome slows down a lot. This certainly isn't an issue though during daily use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check out the beta. the interface is much cleaner and feels more like a modern application. The standard version works just as well, but the look and feel of the beta is a big improvement.

We're moving large amounts of code between multiple projects and need to identify all the dependencies. Lucidchart has made diagramming the dependencies of these files very simple so that we can easily show other teams exactly what files are moving, and what effects it will have on the system.

Lucidchart review by Jan F.
Jan F.

"Year and a half with Lucidchart"

What do you like best?

Essentially the combination of both UML, relational and UI mockups all in one place. I can use Lucidchart for all phases of development without need for other analytical tools.

And then I can both collaborate with others and present my stuff with Lucidchart.

Also recently the integration with google documents, its extremely easy just sketch something and paste it into documentation.

What do you dislike?

Iam all happy. I would preffer to have "prettier" UI elements. Also instead of image object, some mock image would be perfect. Maybe even some basic styling to be added, so I can present not only structure, but also a basic view (but without a need to write any css or stat stuff).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont worry about the switch, once you are there you have everything always accessible and on one place.

Application development, mainly gaming, gambling and shopping. Analysis and then management of a team.

Lucidchart review by User in Internet

"Lucidchart is great for mapping out processes as well as creating mock up of reports."

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is a very easy-to-use interface that I like using for mocking up reports. It has a lot of presents that making creating rough outlines to communication with my developers and analysts what I am trying to accomplish when building out reports for Tableau. I also enjoy the fact that multiple people can work on the same project at the same time. This makes it easy to work with individuals remotely and all contribute in real-time.

What do you dislike?

There are a few limitations on the free model that make things difficult, but I plan on upgrading to the paid model soon to get full capabilities.

I am using Lucidchart to mock up reports to make it easier to communicate with the cross-functional teams I work with to better explain what I am looking for out of the end state of the reports we are trying to build.

Lucidchart review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"So far the best ever tool I have used for my daily work. Easy to create coolest flow diagrams! "

What do you like best?

The versatility of the tool and wide variety of options to make effective business processes flow diagrams or use cases is something that I like the most about Lucidchart. I can also share them to my coworkers with ease. Whether a system architecture, data flow diagrams or business use cases, Lucidchart is the best for serving my purpose!

What do you dislike?

Logos of a few companies/products/technologies are not available when I searched them in the search box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must try for IT professionals, business analysts, data modelers, data stewards and data architects. Wherever you have to document a business processes or data flow diagrams, Lucidchart is for you!

It happens many times that I have to address the issues and pinpoint the business problems at particular phase in a flow diagram. Sometimes I have to show future use case in current business flow. Lucidchart helps me to make all this possible and give clear hints to my teams members during tech team meetings & presentations. Just love the curvy arrows to make my diagrams look smooth to show the data flowing through!

Lucidchart review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great, User-Friendly Product"

What do you like best?

-User-friendly and is easy to have other employees starting using. It doesn't really require much training even for non-tech people to get started. It makes the investment in training much easier.

-Sharing capabilities for transparency across the organization. It makes it much easier for people to work on the same collaborative document rather than having to email versions back and forth.

-Being able to build other documentation that maybe would not be what you would think would be the basis for what Lucid is meant for. Different type of marketing material even if you don't have those that can use Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

-Lack of shortcut keys for different processes (unless I just don't know about them).

-More font choices or the ability to upload your own created or downloaded fonts to add to the font list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product that has little needed investment in training time, Lucid is great for that.

Transparency across the organization for different information (i.e. org charts, process charts, internal marketing material, etc.). With a large group of people, it can be difficult to have everyone on the same page, however, having programs such as Lucid solves some of these potential issues.

Lucidchart review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Org Chart, Process Diagram, Brain Dump? It Does it All"

What do you like best?

We used a number of "org chart" softwares before finding LucidChart, and they were all clunky and restrictive. LucidChart let us weave in our branding for client-facing docs, empowering our non-design team to create beautiful documents.

What do you dislike?

LucidChart constantly tweaks their layout and toolbars to make them better, but sometimes things get moved or hidden in a way that makes it tough to find that niche button (e.g. the line jump box!) I'd love a configurable toolbar that lets me pull out the buttons I use most often, or hard code my defaults to my profile so I never need to add another color. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integrations LucidChart has with GSuite, Slack, and other leading business tools make it a great bet for your team. The free version allows enough function to know whether you like the layout and the tools, and the paid version is inexpensive enough to sell to upper management. :)

What started as an exercise for our sales-facing documents has expanded across the business -- IT now uses the tool for wireframing and app development. Our facility teams are using it to diagram capacity based on floor layouts, and it even helped us figure out our CRM migration..

Lucidchart review by Philip B.
Philip B.

"Lucidchart is a viable and preferable alternative to Visio for creating technical diagrams."

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is a platform-neutral way to create appealing diagrams in both industry-standard and also ad-hoc styles. The user experience is remarkably responsive, published images are suitable for projected presentations and printed documents, the product is well-integrated with Google tools (for sign-on and saving) and the fidelity of diagrams is nicely preserved when exported for colleagues that prefer desktop tools, such as MS Visio, MS Word and Adobe Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I am a big fan of Lucidchart but would share two modest concerns: I have benefited from having changes saved automatically, as documents are updated but, unfortunately, the feature has prevented me from reverting to or revisiting previous versions; it can be helpful to number the shapes in a flowchart but, unfortunately, that is a manual and time consuming process in the most current version of Lucidchart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent alternative to MS Visio, particularly when working on teams that are distributed geographically and have not standardized on a single productivity suite or operating platform.

I rely on Lucidchart flowcharts and sequence diagrams to illustrate that I have listened carefully and confirm that I have learned from my clients during requirements gathering sessions. In addition, I use LucidChart to draw site maps and data models which help to reinforce recommendations for improving business processes and architecting applications and databases.

Lucidchart review by Nathan M.
Nathan M.

"Finally, your perfect Visio replacement for all charting/plotting"

What do you like best?

We love the collaborative aspects of real time diagramming and sharing to our Intranet of workflows that we have developed. Even better is the amount of time we now spend embedding links to other workflows and data within the workflows designed in LC. The mobile apps have gotten so strong that I can now do most of my diagramming from my iPad while on the road and can review and comment on others' work too.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we do not like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial version if you are on the fence and give it a few weeks against Visio.

We wanted a replacement for Visio and actually replaced Visio across our entire company with Lucidchart due to its amazing toolkit, Chrome and Google compatibility and collaborative functionality. Every workflow, org chart and business process designed in our company is now done through Lucidchart.

Lucidchart review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Decent but not great charting "

What do you like best?

I like that its web-based and has some collaboration tools built within the system. It also has a decent amount of templates to get you started.

What do you dislike?

It definitely doesnt have a UI to write home about and can be a little buggy sometimes. The spacing is really manual and even when it does snap into place, its often not the same distance between items (yes, I know that's nitpicky, but it drives me crazy). Also, while there are tools to share a chart, it seems like they could bump it up a notch in this area perhaps with version control or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a decent charting software for a good price.

As a project manager, I have a pretty big need to be able to product charts and graphs to get my point across and get my team on the same page in regards to user stories, data flows, timelines, etc. The benefit has been that I can create most of the charts I need in my position. I also occasionally use it for wireframing when working with the design department on a new app.

Lucidchart review by User in Internet

"Process Mapping Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I was not familiar with LucidChart before being asked to build a few process maps for my previous company. After playing around with the application for a bit, it was incredibly easy to jump in and get familiar! I love using LucidChart to map out decision trees, build out future state processes, create new process improvement maps, etc.

What do you dislike?

I think it would have been helpful had there been a quick "Welcome to LucidChart" tutorial or short guided walkthrough.

So many! LucidChart makes it easy to build out processes, decision mapping, etc. There are also built-in templates which were very helpful. For example, there is a Sales Org template that I used to build out a revamped sales process, which gave me a great foundation.

Lucidchart review by Philip H.
Philip H.

"Solid Product, Very Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Lucid Chart focused on a solid tool. Having used similar tools in their industry, many have too much going on and often get buggy. Lucid is always a solid load, easy to export, share etc. It's a well made product.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more icon sets more for my industry, less IT-hardware specific. I'm often times visualizing how an ecommerce-related page would look, and a few modern website oriented icons would help.

Quickly and easily diagram something, often times for a pitch or proposal.

Lucidchart review by Saunak S.
Saunak S.

"LucidChart Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that it has ASHRAE and ANSI library of symbols ready to be loaded at my own convenience

What do you dislike?

The PDF conversion from the lucidchart platform isn't the best and does require a lot of fiddling around to get it right finally

Recommendations to others considering the product

works well for PFD and P & IDs, please check in with the ISA website and cross-reference to see if latest symbols are what you see in the library

process flow diagram for a platen press machinery

Lucidchart review by Jayson S.
Jayson S.

"This Software Is Off The Charts!"

What do you like best?

I like that the software is easy to pick up, use, and get your message illustrated. Additionally, it's fantastic for mind maps and I've created a number to help me out!

When chatting with colleagues and customers, I've been able to utilize Lucidchart to diagram out a concept that would otherwise be difficult to put into words. The ability to tackle that type of hurdle in a well presented and professional matter is awesome!

The ability to output specific portions of pages and having urls to share out is fantastic, as is the output to PDF!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes working with various pieces can be frustrating and it would be nice to be able to get custom routed lines to be rounded or snap their angles to things like 90, 45, etc. Being able to add additional bends in square/rounded square lines would be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic software! I absolutely recommend it!

I was tasked with assisting in a rewrite of some details software documentation. In trying to tackle this project, creating an outline only got me so far. With Lucidchart, I was able to create a mind map with upwards of 150 nodes that allowed me to very effectively map out the items that I needed to. In addition to being very clearly laid out and readable, I was able to very easily make edits to the layout/grouping of my mind map, thus enabling me to rework my final document.

Lucidchart review by Jacqueline G.
Jacqueline G.

"Lucid chart is a wonderful tool, especially if you are a MAC user!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can search for items including google and just drag in pictures, if needed! I love that you can upload existing visio or omnigraffle designs! I have been using this for work for the past few months. I liked it so much during my trial that I just went and bought the professional subscription for one year. I even posted to my company that we should get this for all our Engineers and SAs. As a MAC user I had to open up visio in my Windows VM which was about the only reason I used Windows anymore. I tried omnigraffle but just didn't like it, too hard to use, cumbersome. Lucid chart is so easy, I already have another two coworkers converted. over to the platform.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing! I will say that this is cloud based, and as with anything cloud based you cannot work offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and chose for yourself.

I am a Solutions Architect and have been using Lucidchart to draft network diagrams for clients. So much quicker and easier to use than visio! It saves me time, easy to upload existing Cisco stencils, and it has AWS and Azure stencils, as well as most general stencils (including Cisco) already built in.

Lucidchart review by User in Higher Education

"Great software for making flowcharts!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use software, great for making flowcharts. I love that you can copy a previous one that you made if you need to make a similar one and only tweak a few things. All the charts I have made look very nice.

What do you dislike?

You can't adjust the size of shapes by changing a number (like in powerpoint), you need to drag it which can be annoying sometimes to get the exact length that you are looking for. Also when you export the files, the resolution isnt always great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to consider if you need to make a lot of diagrams. They have great templates.

I am able to make many flowcharts that look great and are great for visualization.

Lucidchart review by Conrad K.
Conrad K.

"Great for explaining complex ideas"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and automatic syncing to google drive

What do you dislike?

I don't that some of the features come at different version levels

It is a great way to visualize a complex system. All businesses could benefit from regular use of this. I like to use it to draw out all the aspects of a current system and then decide where the system can be improved. Usually, when trying to visualize a future state of a process you will find there can be a lot of wasted time eliminated.

Lucidchart review by User

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It was intuitive to use. I use LucidChart to plan email nurturing workflows. It helps me come up with a plan before I start designing and coding an email series.

What do you dislike?

I have only used the free version, so I can't comment on the full version. But the only thing that bugs me is sometimes when I put text inside another shape, it is hard to select the text. It only selects the outer shape a good portion of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They give a free trial for the paid version, so I would recommend trying that out to see if it will be worth it for you and your company.

As I saidabove, I use it to plan email workflows that I can then share with my colleagues to get their feedback.

Lucidchart review by Carl S.
Carl S.

"Solid Diagramming and Drawing App"

What do you like best?

Our firm has transitioned to the cloud, and continues to look for applications that can integrate with other cloud-based apps. We found LucidChart a few years ago, and have gradually shifted away from desktop apps to this product. It is a handy tool for production engineers that need a quick way to diagram a process or go beyond the crude drawing tools offered within documents apps.

What do you dislike?

There are no big gaps for us. It is less full-featured that some more advanced drawing tools (Adobe Illustrator), however, it is sufficient for a large number of our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try, especially for those that are moving or thinking about moving to cloud-based product development.

The integration within the cloud and our ability to share / collaborate on drawings is a key value.

Lucidchart review by Jared D.
Jared D.

"A Quick, Beautiful Flow Chart or Plant Layout is Always at My Fingertips"

What do you like best?

I like the fast and easy access to LucidChart right in my web browser. After logging in, all of my existing documents are clearly displayed and previewed. This allows me to quickly open one up to make changes, or start a new one.

What do you dislike?

Scaling can be confusing when creating plant or room layouts. A dimension tool, like Visio offers, would be great.

It's fast and easy to create flow charts and plant layouts. Sharing these documents with colleagues is easier through LucidChart, than a separate email program.

Lucidchart review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Lucidchart the best software in creating diagrams/designs"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is simple, yet it'll meet your needs. Also there's a lot of shapes available for you to choose from. I can see that whatever industry you are working, as long as you need to create diagrams, lucidchart will help you.

Also with lucidchart, you can upload shapes that isn't available there.

What do you dislike?

No PC based app. Everything is browser based

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lucidchart has a trial version, try it before you go with visio as Im sure it'll change your mind

We are using lucidchart to document our network designs.

Lucidchart review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"One of the most friendly visual modeling programs around!"

What do you like best?

I am a research and evaluation scientist and I spend a lot of time building visual logic models, Structural Equation Models, flow charts, statistical analysis plans, etc.

Lucidchart provides an intuitive platform for building complex models with ease. What used to take me hours to build in Word, now takes me minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I have experienced is the line drawing tool is not as responsive as I would like. When trying to drag a line from one text box to another sometimes the line offsets and appears crooked. There is no easy way to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join Lucidchart and start modeling with ease!

I work predominantly in program design, implementation and evaluation. Lucidchart helps me organize ideas and information during each of the phases I mentioned above.

Lucidchart review by Jackie M.
Jackie M.

"Easy and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Nearly every application has a learning curve that requires at least some googling to figure out. LucidChart is so easy to learn, with such an intuitive interface, that I jumped right in and began creating diagrams without any prior experience with the app.

What do you dislike?

I usually have at least 1 or 2 things to mention that could be improved, but LucidChart just nails it. No complaints.

We have been able to avoid purchasing (and constantly upgrading/updating) Visio. LucidChart is web-based, so updates happen on their side, and we can add new users anytime.

Lucidchart review by Joel V.
Joel V.

"Best Web"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to diagram my AWS infrastructure in clear and concise ways. The icons for Lucidchart have AWS official images and various other diagraming images. The product integrates well with Slack to share diagrams and collaborate, and even allows importing diagrams into Confluence. The newest feature to import from AWS is really solid (even though it is still in beta)! Lucidchart is much better than traditional products!

What do you dislike?

I wish that it could load faster and was a bit more friendly when it came to dragging arrows around. I also wish there was a bit easier mobile app, but the desktop app in my opinion is near perfect! Other than this, the product is pretty rock solid for me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can import VSDs so why not give it a shot? Overall, the product integrates well with all my team members. Also it is pretty awesome how it can diagram parts of your AWS infrastructure as well!

Diagraming and documenting our infrastructure and technical solutions so others in the company can clearly see how our solutions work! Overall, Lucidchart has enabled a wide audience to see diagrams on our Wiki perfectly, and helped increase product knowledge as well!

Lucidchart review by Ted O.
Ted O.

"So powerful, so accessible, so easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that Lucid chart is so intuitive. Other products (who shall remain anonymous) require a big investment of time to learn how to use them and keep up on them. The product I am thinking of can scan your network and provide a working document of it. How often do you need that?

Lucidchart can help you put what is in your head on the page and make it (and you) look great without a huge investment of your time.

The fact that I can access the graphs on my phone or tablet whenever I want is awesome too. I don't use it often, but I love the fact that I can.

What do you dislike?

Uhhh.... I haven't found anything to complain about yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There will be people in most operations who say that you have to use the big dog in the field. You will have to work with them. They often have blinders on to anything that isn't from ...a certain large corporation ...in Redmond, WA.

Database table relationships (ERDs)

Floor plans with where all the meeting rooms are

Showing non-technical people some complex information in a way that they can understand

Lucidchart review by Sijia H.
Sijia H.

"Two papers published/ accepted using Lucidchart flowchart as main figures."

What do you like best?

I used Lucidchart for two of my scientific papers, and they are either published or accepted for publishing. It is very convenient, drag and drop and using arrows, you can get any flowchart you want.

What do you dislike?

I am just wondering if you can get more colors for filling to any objects as default? Yesterday I was using it for a flowchart. I find it only has several default colors thus not very convenient for me and I need to look into a color scale and self-chose the colors manually. I will appreciate if you can set more default colors and thus will be much easier for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty good experience for academic users. I am an academic user, and used this tool for two papers published as main figures! My group members are also using it after I recommend this tool to them. And my supervisor is pleased with this tool.

I am working on flowcharts to describe my workflow in my papers. And they are very easy to use and to download, making workflows so much easier to make.

Lucidchart review by Frank G.
Frank G.

"Great diagramming tool"

What do you like best?

Once you were familiar with the interface it was easy to use and quickly create diagrams. The pricing for the tool was very reasonable, especially for small teams. My team and I used this to create workflow diagrams, site-maps, point-node diagrams, venn diagrams, concept maps, and business process mapping.

What do you dislike?

There was a small learning curve to familiarize yourself with the interface. Otherwise, there wasn't much that I disliked about Lucidcharts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is fantastic that Lucidchart offers a free trial (and no credit-card required). Give the product a try to see if it meets your needs.

Looking for a cost-effective tool to quickly create diagrams (workflow, site-maps, point-node diagrams, process mapping, venn diagrams, and concept-maps), as well as a tool that each of the team members could use to share documents.

Lucidchart review by Vinny V.
Vinny V.

"Great web-based diagraming solution"

What do you like best?

Web-based means I can use it on Mac/Linux/Windows without a need for an install. I can also share diagrams and share Shapes with our group.

What do you dislike?

There is very little not to like. I've used a lot of other diagramming tools which tend to be tied to OSes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give this a try, LucidChart has all the features you would need for diagramming use.

Describing IT Architectures or Software workflows.

Lucidchart review by Gökhan E.
Gökhan E.

"Best Helper for my personal projects"

What do you like best?

I have used Lucidchart both for my personal and work projects it gives you chance to provide every single details about the project. I can indicate the important points and have broad tools which you can use. Also, even the free version of it is very useful i have used it on my personal projects, course projects and for work. Another great part is you can invite people to see the charts, convert to pdf or another format you want.

What do you dislike?

It has some performance problems if you have so much different pages. Especially google chrome and safari freezes and it drives my Macbook pro's fan crazy :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for all web and mobile developers especially freelancers. It gives your work more quality and saves your time a lot!

Showing the mock up of the projects is so important especially for web and mobile development. Lucidchart saves me a lot of time in order to show my customer's work to them. Customers can also indicates their thoughts about the project so it gives chance to make editing before the release.

Lucidchart review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"A Practical, Free Charting Option"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart has very functional integration into the Google Suite of products and can be accessed via Drive for seamless use. The tools are simple, but effective.

What do you dislike?

Autogenerated assets can be awkward in complex designs. The free version is understandably limited, but still practical as a regular-use application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version before committing to make sure this product is right for you. You may find the free version has everything you need.

Organization of product design, UX visualization, task management.

Lucidchart review by User in Higher Education

"Used to make flowcharts and simple infographics"

What do you like best?

I like having example templates to browse and potentially copy and then work from. As a new user, it was important to see example works, to see the range of possibility with the tool. I like that I can save my drafts online, and that it is a web-based product.

What do you dislike?

The shape and customization options are not as robust or flexible as a vector graphics program, or even simple presentation slide software. The default shapes and lines to choose from seem outdated, like from a Windows 95 program. It could be refreshed to attract users with more aesthetic/marketing needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out but don't spend too much time. If it doesn't work for you, I recommend using a familiar presentation slides software, if collaboration is not a requirement for production.

I work in medical research and use flowcharts and conceptual diagrams to visualize research concepts.

"Lucid Chart Review"

What do you like best?

Lucid chart is a simple way to create stunning charts, graphs, and workflows. Additionally, I use it to create presentations, posters, and flyers. It is simple to use, can be saved in a variety of formats, and is easy to make customizations.

What do you dislike?

The free version only allows you to use so many icons and images in your work. Since I already have other software that does similar tasks, I personally would not have purchased the full product (however my employer provides unlimited access).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the full version if you expect to use this program frequently.

I mainly use the program to create quick graphics. If I want more control over the poster, workflow, or whatever item I am creating, I use other programs. However, this program is incredibly easy to use and saves a lot of time. Mainly, I encourage staff without Adobe Creative Suite skills to use this.

Lucidchart review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"A tool that assists my business in so many ways"

What do you like best?

You can train a newbie on how to use this product in under five minutes yet they can spend the rest of their lives finding new things to do with it.

I work with new people, partners and clients regularly and I'm always putting them onto Lucid Chart. When they realize how easy it is to collaborate and share they fall in love with the product too.

The search feature to find new icons, images, etc. is amazing. Type any word(s) you like and find the perfect icon or picture to use.

You can export as a web page and send a URL to the client who can then tab through the different diagrams. It blows them away that you've built a web page for them when all you've really done is hit publish.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything although the most common complaint I get from others is when they've positioned the mouse incorrectly and get an unwanted results. Excessive caffeine can cause your hands to shake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's got a free trial so just try it. Do the tutorial and see the samples others have done. You won't be wasting your time.

I work predominantly in technology and business processes so a lot of swim lane usage and how data flows from one system to another.

Lucidchart review by Johan G.
Johan G.

"Facil, accesible y util"

What do you like best?

Lo que mas me gusta de esta plataforma es la gran variedad de personalizacion que presenta para diseñar los diagramas de bloques

What do you dislike?

No esta presente en otras plataformas a diferencia de windows, y no tiene variedad de colores en los esquemas

Recommendations to others considering the product

Muy buena herramienta para materializar ideas

Esta plataforma permite expresar de manera rapida, sencilla y clara nuestros esquemas de idead a los demas

Lucidchart review by Sophia C.
Sophia C.

"Wonderful tool"

What do you like best?

I do process improvement for housing crisis response systems across the state of Texas; it is called Coordinated Entry in United States Department of Housing and Urban Development-speak. I love how easy it is to map out the before and after of various systems across the system. It truly is a wonderful tool - easy to learn and use. I have recommended it to my colleagues across the country that do the same job.

What do you dislike?

I use the free version since I work for a non-profit. While I know that y'all want us to upgrade, it is a little frustrating how limited it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. If you do a lot of system mapping, you'll find that this is the best and easiest tool to use.

I work with providers across the state of Texas to make their housing crisis response systems more client friendly and to make homelessness brief, rare, and non-recurring. Because Lucidchart helps show the before and after of systems, it helps people in the various communities I work in see what needs to be done to truly create systems change. Thank you for making my job easier, Lucidchart!

Lucidchart review by Mikhail K.
Mikhail K.

"Lucidchart is awesome"

What do you like best?

There are many advantages of Lucidchart:

- a huge amount of shapes available, from "classic" standards like UML and BPMN to iOS and Android system elements;

- versatile and easy to use shapes connection tool: creation of arrows and lines between the elements feels really natural.

What do you dislike?

I have to mention some drawbacks (that drive me nuts sometimes):

- "snap to grid" might be inaccurate and snap shapes a couple of pixels away from destination, that is why I usually turn it off.

- the price is nearly the same as of competitors, although I would love to see more discounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been working with this app for more than a year and have constantly seen improvements on all the sides. Previously I've tried Gliffy and Visio but they don't feel as natural as Lucidchart does. Don't hesitate to try it out, I believe you will love it.

The product is really versatile, so we prepare a set of different documents using Lucidchart: from website taxonomy and page mockups to mobile apps user flow reports.

Lucidchart review by Jay P.
Jay P.

"Flexible diagramming solution on any platform"

What do you like best?

Works in any browser on (almost) any computer. I work in a heterogeneous computing environment and I travel, a lot, so being able to access all of the diagrams on any computer is incredible valuable to me.

What do you dislike?

A little clunky UI sometimes with lots of wasted space. If they could make better use of space it would be a tremendous benefit for those of us forced to use tablets, MS Surface, small form factor laptops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will leave behind some of the really intensely sophisticated features of products like Omnigraffle, but you'll find that speed and ease of use and deployment is worth it.

I used Lucidchart to clearly communicate the details of complex business problems. After meetings, it's easy for people to go away with different understandings of what was said. A single diagram of the discussed concepts makes the shared understanding of the group consistent and concrete.

Lucidchart review by User in Financial Services

"Great and Simple Flowchart Creation"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of the program. It's very easy to pick up and self-teach yourself, and it's extremely easy to move images or arrows around and add text where needed. It really helps where you're trying to map out a program for your business, or understanding how a certain IT process or loan will work. This is especially helpful if your company has a lot of different subsidiaries and you're trying to map out how intercompany relations would work out.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit slow sometimes and I've found in some cases it's easier to use Visio or just use simple text boxes in either microsoft word or powerpoint. You don't neccesarily need to use lucidchart to be able to make effective flowcharts. If you especially don't want to pay to use the software then you should just use Visio or Powerpoint assuming you already have that program. LucidChart free is limited in terms of how many active workbooks you can use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You could use smart art in Microsoft programs but it just makes more sense to use LucidChart because it's much easier and more convenient to use.

Helps you map out processes without your business to better understand current processes or new changes/projects you may want to implement.

Lucidchart review by Stacey W.
Stacey W.

"The easiest tool on the planet for charts and workflows"

What do you like best?

This is easily the most useful tool I have in my arsenal for creating workflows, charts, and documenting brainstorm sessions.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. This tool is literally amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most affordable and BEST solution available for wire framing and process flow.

With zero training and zero uptime, you sign up for Lucidchart and can immediately begin using it's design and layout features from the extremely intuitive and self-serving UI. We use it for process building as well as to demonstrate flow in any business problem.

Lucidchart review by User in Computer Software

"Buggy, but can get the job done."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use on this product. It is very simple and straight forward. I also like that it autosaves every few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The product itself is not very attractive. I've also had a few issues with bugs on the program where the program will freeze or shut down and I will try to find my project and it will be gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product that simply gets the job done, but don't expect it to be a miracle worker... Just yet... I think the product is headed in a great way and eventually be everything plus more!

flow charts, site maps, user journey maps.

Lucidchart review by Carrie B.
Carrie B.

"Gets the job done from anywhere"

What do you like best?

Scalable solution for small business -- It's fairly easy to pick up with no charting experience.

What do you dislike?

Should be able to embed output a little easier

Recommendations to others considering the product

One seat/license per user SaaS model. Consider the number of users when buying the software. It IS possible to have one person do all of the updates, but it probably makes more sense to have a few core people on it if you are a small or growing biz.

Process documentation and constant updates as we rapidly scale our business.

Lucidchart review by Wendi T.
Wendi T.

"Easy to Learn and Use"

What do you like best?

Searching for images to import. Allowing to look for transparent helps so that the backgrounds show through.

What do you dislike?

Wish files showed in lucidchart. A few times I wanted to be able to open a file directly from here in lucidchart to import into a blueprint but had to grab the info hoping I grabbed it all. Same goes for reverse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using over expensive graphic tools.

Easier than using PowerPoint and can place YouTube videos into, web links that show up, and modify graphics easier.

Lucidchart review by Jan S.
Jan S.

"Stay organized with your UX process"

What do you like best?

I like the adjustable boards and being to have 1 place for the majority of my UX design process.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to copy anything from there to other programs, such as photoshop, sketch, powerpoint, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let users copy their work from Lucidchart to other program.s

Being able to stay organized when I'm involved in so many projects. And being able to revisit old ones fairly quickly when needed.

Lucidchart review by Nayeem K.
Nayeem K.

"Workflows made easy!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple to use user interface built with the end user in mind. The buttons are easy to notice.

What do you dislike?

When you view a template, the system automatically thinks you want to use that form so it auto-saves a copy on your dashboard. This is especially frustrating if you are unsure of which template to use and end up going through dozens. You have to manually delete each one.

I can easily make workflow charts for C level executive to programmers.

Lucidchart review by Ramesh M.
Ramesh M.

"Sturdy product experience"

What do you like best?

1. Consistent UI

2. Uses the browser (esp. Chrome very well) - including offline use

3. Some of the best integration features including Google, Hipster etc

4. Very cool import feature allowing me to import symbols from other tools like Visio

What do you dislike?

1. Did not work for over a month and so the occasional glitches tend to put us off.

But to their credit the customer response was fantastic and I am already quite impressed

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would urge you to make the switch without considering anything else. While this review is a little subjective like all reviews, as a long time user, I would advise you to consider using Lucidchart for its active role in the community, its customer focus and use of bleeding edge tools to bring about a great user experience.

Mostly design of architecture diagrams, operational models etc

Lucidchart review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"Lucidchart Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, love all the images and shapes available for wireframing a web page and planing the structure of a website. Also love that it is web based so I can access my files from anywhere to make changes.

What do you dislike?

I just started using the software so it is very new to me, the only thing I have come across so far is that my files for Lucidchart and the other Lucid products aren't in one central spot similar to Google Drive. I like having all my files in one location and then that file will open the correct software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has a lot of great shape options built in

I'm working on the restructure of an internal website. This has been very useful in visually charting the structure of all the pages as well as how new pages should appear.

Lucidchart review by Will C.
Will C.

"Everything I require to visually communicate business ideas and processes"

What do you like best?

Actually, works towards organising my thoughts, as I put them into the frictionless UI it allows me to see new opportunities.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new features that have been added, for example, export to Powerpoint, not because I don't like the idea of it, just that it doesn't seem to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For product or process design, Lucid offers everything I need.

The communication of my ideas to all departments whether it's a new sales process or a technical product map.

Lucidchart review by User in Computer Software

"Solid Entry for Fast Diagramming and Flowcharts"

What do you like best?

This product is very simple to use; beginners are able to log in and create very clear and concise diagrams of even complex systems within minutes. It is simple to create a diagram, select from a very large variety of diagramming icon sets (enough to cater for nearly any type of diagram you need), have other users collaborate on the diagram if necessary, then export the result to a format that can be used externally.

What do you dislike?

There are perhaps too many options for icon sets, some times it takes a long time to find the sets that you're looking for, perhaps some better meta data searching would vastly improve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, very fast return on investment, users get moving very quickly and are able to produce quality diagrams.

Being able to write better system and data diagrams has helped our development team become more cohesive and enhanced our ability to fast track new members joining the team.

Lucidchart review by Bidur S.
Bidur S.

"Great tool for Diagrams"

What do you like best?

Its on cloud.

Drag and drop components.

Easy to use.

Templates/shapes for various diagrams.

What do you dislike?

Its slow at times. Also, importing external image might be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent cloud product you can use for diagrams and planning of a software system. Whether it be creating technical documentation, or user documentation, Lucid Chart has been helpful tool for us so far.

Design and plan the project document for software projects.

Lucidchart review by James L.
James L.

"Useful and intuitive"

What do you like best?

There's a very short learning curve for Lucidchart. The simple drag and drop capability was straightforward and organized.

What do you dislike?

I found sometimes aligning shapes was a little difficult. Also, building the connections between blocks was frustrating at times – it's a difficult problem to solve, but when connecting a lot of different elements the diagrams sometimes became overcrowded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know what you're going to use it for, just do the free trial.

I was building a visual diagram to help a large marketing team get organized around a campaign release, including timing, the prospect's journey, and the role each sub-team would play in the campaign.

Lucidchart review by Cash S.
Cash S.

"Lucidchart. Everything you need, nothing you don't!"

What do you like best?

So easy to use and intuitive. Eons beyond Visio in that it doesn't try to be all things to all people. It's somewhat minimalist but you spend more time getting your work done and less time fiddling with shape and flow issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that minimalism can be a bit of a fault. Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to set defaults, like the arrow behavior, for instance. Sometimes I'd like some extra shape add-ons. Also, it's hard to use the tool for data development. I usually work out the issue outside the tool and use Lucidchart to document the final product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it!

Documenting processes, business workflows, decision trees, visualizing all kinds of data. Once I know what I need to visualize, putting it together is a snap.

Lucidchart review by Leo T.
Leo T.

" Very practical to use"

What do you like best?

User on PC for years, constantly improving, a simple and practical tool to make a nice flow chart, flow chart with easy insertion of text and images, logos symbols "personal".

What do you dislike?

Users should be better guided during the first use with the proposal of more template

Ideal for establishing our experience maps and user journey.

Lucidchart review by User in Higher Education

"Lucid Chart -easy to use diagram and chart creation."

What do you like best?

I typically used microsoft visio when needing to create org charts and other work related digrams. One day I needed to do a chart and did not have access to the microsoft software. A quick search of the web brought me to lucid chart. With no previous use I was quickly able to create the chart I needed. The program is web based so i can access it from any internet connected machine and it is very easy to use. Minimal instruction was required for me to create what I needed.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if more templates were available, especially for wireframing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Built in collaboration makes this an appealing software.

Org chart, wireframing, diagrams.

Lucidchart review by Farid D.
Farid D.

"My favourite diagraming tool"

What do you like best?

The vast array of options! I work as a mobile product manager. I have never run into a situation with my needs (defining in-app flows, features, alternatives) when I would be forced to look for other system. Lucidchart set of tools and customization options alongside sharing, commenting, integration and exporting functionalities always 100% cover my requirements with ease. It has saved me a lot of times explaining my ideas with my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Minor stuff, occasional annoyance with UI, especially when options density causes Lucidchart to misunderstand what I wanted to do with a click. I acknowledge this is felt by your dev team and being optimized in every iteration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally give it a try, spend some time and collect the rewards.

Defining mobile app functionality, brainstorming alternatives, quicker sharing complex ideas with visuals

Lucidchart review by Bonnie L.
Bonnie L.

"Good software for teams looking to create visual solution"

What do you like best?

Creating flow charts is easy and it can get pretty complicated

What do you dislike?

The UX is a little confusing, to look for certain shapes and arrows, a lot of the times I just rework things until they sort of make sense. I wish they had a better direction of what's best for certain type of charts

We were trying to find a software that can create simple/complicated flow charts in the shortest time posisble. It's been doing well so far as it's a SASS platform but it's a little difficult working on a smaller screen and can be frustrating at times.

Lucidchart review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Awesome tool, easy to use, great collaborative features"

What do you like best?

The chart design tool is easy to use, and I love the collaborative features. It's easy to share documents with other users, leave comments, even chat within the document view.

We haven't used it yet, but I love that they enable you to embed a lucidchart in a webpage, and have updates made to the chart in the tool automatically push to where you embedded it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools in the chart design window can be a little finicky, and getting them to do exactly what you want takes a few tries. They could take some cues from Adobe on layer management and tool selection.

I also wish I could add just 1 user at a time, instead of having to purchase licenses in a bundle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for a fair price - I highly recommend it.

Creating client-facing data schemas and internal process documentation. We've been able to quickly create and share more client-facing documents, and have been doing great collaboration on internal processes improvement since implementing LucidChart.

Lucidchart review by Oliver S.
Oliver S.

"Professional output with intuitive design"

What do you like best?

The ease of use when compared to peer software. The ability to create diagrams fast and to a high quality output is a real time saver.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like with LucidChart

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial and after using Visio then you'll be hooked on this product.

We wanted the ability to model business process in order to generate proposal documents and internally map out solutions for our own products.

Lucidchart review by Stacy A.
Stacy A.

"Best software for all types of charts"

What do you like best?

Lucidchart is very intuitive. It's easy to make any type of chart (process, org, etc.) in a short amount of time.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to understand which features are free and which are premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great software, I highly recommend.

Making marketing process flow charts, making email drip flow charts, making org charts. This software is so much more sophisticated than PowerPoint, but it's easy to use, even for someone without a project management background.