Lucidchart

HTML5 diagramming & wireframing app that supports real time collaboration & Visio import.

Work for Lucidchart?

Learning about Lucidchart?

Lucidchart Reviews

Ask Lucidchart a Question
Showing 250 Lucidchart reviews
Lucidchart review by <span>Matt M.</span>
Matt M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's pretty quick to learn how to use LucidChart. The features grow with you so that you can use just the basics after a few minutes of clicking around. But if you want to become a power user, you'll need to put in a bit more time.

What do you dislike?

The end result feels like a mechanical drawing or an engineering chart. They're just not aesthetically pleasing. If you're just trying to communicate information, then it's all you need. If you need to communicate information in an elegant way, then you may need a different solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. It may well check all your boxes. Just don't think that it will be useful for client-facing information. It's more for creating internal docs.

Explaining multi-stage processes to clients in an onboarding course. We've been able to help our clients understand the need to complete certain tasks in a specific order and identify decision points and criteria for making those decisions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lucidchart
Lucidchart review by <span>Chad C.</span>
Chad C.
Validated Review

Lucidchart - a premier diagramming tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've tried way too many diagramming tools over the years - wayyyy too many. I've used Pencil (more for web mockups), Moqups (also web-centric), PowerPoint (more of a hack and too simple), and of course Visio (just too much of a pain and overkill most of the time) to name a few. I heard about Lucidchart and decided to give it a try - it is by far the easiest and most versatile diagramming program I have tried. I like it so much I actually puchased a basic plan ($55/yr). That I LOVE about Lucidchart is that I can quickly and easily which up a network diagram for a client in a matter of minutes based on a saved template. I can then export to PNG and slap it in OneNote or a Jira ticket.

One thing I really like is how well the linking of objects with arrowed lines works - it's just simple to do and the lines can be easily manipulated, something that has never been easy to do in Visio.

I like the idea of the integrations available (Jira, Google Docs, etc.), but haven't used them yet honestly.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Lucidchart. One thing I would like to see would be the ability to have complex shapes - freehand polygons or the ability to add/remove vertices so you can make odd shapes and not just rectangles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you can have one diagram for free. Try it out and see what you think.

I primarily use Lucidchart to create small network diagrams, but have also used it to create figures for publications and also used the mindmapping feature, which is a nice way to get thoughts lined out quickly. Some colleagues also use the Jira integration as well which allows them to insert their Lucidchart content directly into Jira tickets.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Lucidchart review by <span>Berenice A.</span>
Berenice A.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

When I started using this software, I was quite amazed at its simplicity: the first thing I could enjoy of this tool is the variety of types of diagrams which anyone can easily just select and start using in a matter of seconds. I also felt a bit excited because many aspects of the chart can be easily changed (such as colors, figures, lines and many more things). In the past I had used a few diagramming tools that didn't allow for much variation of colors for my diagrams (which made them look a bit dull), but this one has been a great tool for making my diagrams.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I'm too touchy, but I dislike the left option bar. And what do I want to say by this? I mean that this bar lacks a couple feautres: first of all, this bar should include a section that shows templates for users just in case they want to change the current template for a new one. Finally, if users chose a different template for their diagram, it would be cool if the written information that users typed up in these diagrams remained there for re-use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This online software is nice option for someone interested in making diagrams and even flow charts.

When I use a diagram software like this, I can be sure that my activities are recorded and stored safely. One example is if I need to change or update any logistic aspect of my business, I'd just have to open my stored diagram and make the required changes.

Lucidchart review by <span>Maria R.</span>
Maria R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Even though Lucid Chart is a tool often used to create flow charts, I really love that I can give it different uses. For example, I use this online software for keeping track of my clients and their needs: I like that I only have to log into my account, and then select a ready-made flow chart type, with added shapes and arrows to signal the flow of the task; after that, I like even more that I can replace the inserted text with the name of my clients, as well as the tasks I have to deliver to make them happy (so that they buy my stuff again), and for me, it's a super bonus that I can easily change the color of the text and shapes easily. This software has simplified the way I keep track of my clients and their orders, and that's the part I love the most.

What do you dislike?

This is a very complete software, which is also easy to use. Because of this, I can really say that the only thing that bothers me about this is its price. What I mean to say is that almost 9 American dollars per month can be a bit high for most users, especially for people like me, who run their own business on their own. If the price for this service was around 3 dollars, then I would definitely give it a 10-star rating,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lucidchart is a fascinating software for keeping your business organized, as it can help you keep track of all your clients as well as the orders they place, and changes they need.

Lucid Chart gives me the opportunity to maintain my business organized. Everyday I need to talk to a number of clients, and keep track of what they want, changes to orders I already have, and so on, and I can do this within a few seconds thanks to my Lucid Chart software.

Lucidchart review by <span>Chelsey S.</span>
Chelsey S.
Validated Review

Great tool -- once you get the hang of it

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that there are so many features and functions to create the perfect flow chart. Lucidchart helps me look like a professional designer, even though I'm not. Their selection of shapes, forms, etc. is diverse and this tool certainly helps me visualize for myself and for my team.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit cumbersome drawing out a custom chart and getting the flow lines and boxes just where you want them. Also, what the free version allows could be quite slim.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With all their templates and download options, there's a great deal of versatility. I definitely recommend taking enough time to familiarize yourself with the software and even if you're seasoned with software like this, I recommend starting with the free version (although limited) to see if this is where you want to go.

often, we run into a project flow issue and this not only helps by visually showcasing the project flow, but also, product flow, UX, and allow for real time edits.

Lucidchart review by <span>Lianne M.</span>
Lianne M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I usually read Getting Started guides when beginning to use new software, but I didn’t have to do that for Lucidchart—yes, it’s THAT intuitive. In our information-heavy worlds, there is so much information coming at us all of the time, and plenty of that information is up for us to translate for other people. With Lucidchart, I’m able to quickly (!!!) visualize information in ways that are meaningful through extremely clear visual representation. The tools that Lucidchart provides doesn’t leave me having to write a guide on how to understand my infographic—I can write, design, and share. I often do not spend any more time than 1–2 hours on a chart with Lucidchart, because the tools and templates are already there for me to use.

What do you dislike?

There’s a limit on the number of templates that Lucidchart provides, and they could add more. While there are a ton of customization options, templates make it easy for busy people to do their jobs quickly and effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Diagramming is often time-consuming and frustrating, and Lucidchart helps alleviate that with its ease of use and helpful templates. Use a template to get started and, once you’re comfortable, explore as many tools as you can. Lucidchart seems pretty simple, but is actually really powerful once you’re in the program.

We use Lucidchart to create low-fidelity wireframes in product/course design, as well as workflows to help others in and outside of the company understand how customers move through courses. By using Lucidchart to diagram these things, we save a ton of money by being able to solicit and receive feedback before we implement designs (and have to spend a ton of time redoing the work!).

Learning about Lucidchart?

* We monitor all Lucidchart reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.