Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Lumen5

4.9
(10 reviews)

Lumen5 is a video creation platform designed for brands and businesses to produce ... training or experience to create engaging video content

Work for Lumen5?

Learning about Lumen5?

Lumen5 Reviews

Showing 15 Lumen5 reviews
Lumen5 review by Tab C.
Tab C.

"Built video in 10 minutes!"

What do you like best?

So this was one of the easiest programs to learn from the very beginning. Created a free account (which is amazing to have that option this day in age). Added a few photos from a project, tossed in some text and it basically built itself! A few changes here and there and clicked finish. It is now rendering! While I was writing this review, the video finished and it is amazing! 49 seconds long and I can load it directly to Facebook. Thanks Lumen5!!!!

What do you dislike?

Couldn't figure how to add text after the initial text upload. Finally figured out that you can add text right onto a new photo that you drop in. Outside of that, first impression is that this is a program that I might actually use on a regular bases for our small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with a free account. Give it a try, toss in some photos and see what happens!

Creating videos never seemed like a viable option for our small startup. Usually the idea of cost or taking the time to learn a new program kept me from considering this. Lumen5 has changed all of this!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lumen5
Lumen5 review by Consultant

"The Ultimate Quick Fire Video Creation Tool"

What do you like best?

Lumen5 is one of those tools you'll be so happy to discover and forever will use to create eye-catching videos to build your brands' online presence. Lumen5 has some really great features for helping to create videos to help tell a story and animated quotes. The best thing for me is the simple step-by-step process the software guides you into creating your videos. I love the fact you can take text-based content and turn it into a video within minutes. Also love the featured assets, from graphics, Gifs, videos and music that you can add to really pack a punch with your message. Before I forget, I love the AI feature that generates images based on the text that's populated - genius!

What do you dislike?

Lumen5 are really good at listening to what their audience wants and I know they will get there as they're relatively still very young. At present moment my main issue is the length of time it takes to render a video after creation. I also wished that the option to create a video from scratch didn't have a load of content from Lumen5, it makes it a little confusing. Would be nice from the start from scratch feature did not to have any text in it so I could add it myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A mobile app version would be great so that we could create content on the go. Also being able to title our own videos in the creation process would be really useful.

Lumen5 help us to create content for social media, not just ourselves but also for our clients. The quality of the videos, available graphics and gifs helps us to present thought-provoking videos that truly stands out in the newsfeed.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Lumen5 review by blue m.
blue m.

"Excellent Piece Of New Generation Tech"

What do you like best?

Love Every Single Feature They Got AI INTELLIGENCE,INSTANT VIDEOS,BUILTIN IMAGE AND VIDEO LIBRARIES,RSS FEEDS every thing is just phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

really nothin' i found every thing as a video creator at it's best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try at-least once you never regret. it has every thing you need to run a highly engaged facebook page or group without much effort. if you are a blogger believe me this will increase your blog traffic not in a days but within minutes . it has every thing you need to succeed online without too much efforts on your end.

because this software has builtin images, gifs and videos libraries which you can use as a drag and drop. another cool feature is instant videos where you can mange hundreds of your curated blog feeds so you will never have to worry about shortage of content, and the best this software will create auto videos for you with these rss feeds which you can use as it is or easily edit in seconds to show the world your real talent [ I highly recommend dis tool ]

the most biggest problem for video creators , blog owners , facebook page mangers etc is content, engagement and reach and this master piece of software will solve all these big problems before closing your eyes. now i'm never short of highly engaging content, my user engagement increases by 97% and i'm reaching more and more people without spending a dime on ads. [ 100% Recommended ]

Lumen5 review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"The best social media video platform"

What do you like best?

Lumen5 is the best video creation platform available. I feel happy and grateful to have been one of the first users in the community. I remember that I needed to create videos from my content for #LuxuryDistrict on Instagram and Youtube, but I did not know how to start.

Suddenly I received an invitation from Mike, introducing the launch of the platform!

I love you guys! I wish you all the blessings and success ever! Congratulations!

What do you dislike?

I did not like it when the ability to create the pŕopria color palette for branding was only made for premium users. But its alright! I know that you are evolving every day! This matters!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop complicating your life or your business with various video platforms for social media. Lumen5 is all you need. The fastest, most complete, most fun and most generous video platform out there. Congratulations Lumen5

I needed to create videos with my personal style.

Luxury content with music of the highest quality harmonious, cultural and inspiring.

With Lumen5 I can do all this, creating videos with text content and images, or just images, or just texts, and the best, combining my ideas according to Lumen's own image and video library!

It is wonderful! It has mainly Hard Rock music to serve as soundtrack for my videos!

Please feed the platform with more images and videos from Malibu, Los Angeles, California. I love you guys!

Lumen5 review by Genesis P.
Genesis P.

"Amazing tool for creating videos."

What do you like best?

Lumen5 is too incredible and easy to use, has many functions to achieve incredible finishes incluse in the free version, and is perfect for creating marketing content. You can grab any text, copy it and paste it into the tool and create high quality videos, even in addition to the gallery that Lumen5 already has, you can upload your own images and videos to use in different scenes.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if could include more videos formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best tool to place audiovisual content of your brand on social media, I recomment this tool if you want to make audiovisual content.

The fact that you can customize each video with your brand, color brand and even watermark it make this tool perfect, and you can improve your positioning as a brand.

Lumen5 review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Amazing video tool that's easy to use"

What do you like best?

Lumen5 lets you create videos from blog content. I've been able to make lots of great social media content and videos for existing blog posts and landing pages. The tool is very easy to use, and the free options are great. I love the music library and images available.

What do you dislike?

The customization of each slide within the video can take a while to change. I spend an hour sourcing the right images and finding the right ways the text should be presented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Share your videos with your managers - they will be impressed!

We are creating compelling content and bringing in more traffic to our website. Our page views have increased and clicks on social media.

Lumen5 review by Newaz C.
Newaz C.

"One of the best DIY video creator tools out there"

What do you like best?

You can create a video with uploading a few pictures together. You can add music as well. A very easy and quick program to use compared to other tools.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike. Maybe add a few more customizable options?

Lumen 5 is a great way for video marketing. You can create video content on for your social media channels or even create "how to videos"

Lumen5 review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Quick Easy Videos for Social Media"

What do you like best?

The video editing is very intuitive for beginners. I like how I can easily do all my editing on just one screen.

What do you dislike?

The AI doesn't always find the appropriate graphic for the sentence I want to use. I sometimes have to do my own search to find a more fitting graphic.

Lumen5 helps me to create text-based videos that are perfect for social media. With Lumen5, I can repurpose blog posts for video.

Lumen5 review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"Easy to navigate and use!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the ease and versatility of Lumen5. With minimal effort you can create a video that will attract attention.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Maybe a few more options for the layout but overall this is a really nice tool.

A really fast way to promote articles, products, pretty much anything that needs PR attention. It's very simple to use and the results look quite professional.

Lumen5 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Revolutionary Product "

What do you like best?

Lumen 5 offers everyone the ability to create a video in minutes without any technical expertise. It is simple, easy to use, offers all the tools such as free video and images as well as music and helps you deliver a professional product in minutes that wows.

What do you dislike?

The software is perfect. There is nothing I can think of as a con so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a must use.

We are now able to easily do a daily social media news round up without paying any video expert or sending hours shooting.

Lumen5 review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"I love creating video contents using this app!"

What do you like best?

Video content creation made easy! I'm not a professional content creator so software like this makes my life a lot easier. I can easily play around with the filters and always fun to edit videos and share with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Lumen5 has limited video formats user can play around with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add other video formats so users can have multiple options and incorporate other features to make video editing a lot more convenient.

Content creation and video editing

Lumen5 review by Krzysztof A.
Krzysztof A.

"Video composer"

What do you like best?

You can create video presentations. Lots of templates.

What do you dislike?

I don't really know. It's a good one app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really worth trying.

Creating video presentations and short advertising videos.

Lumen5 review by William T.
William T.

"Great Video for business "

What do you like best?

Simplicity of using the software and the quality of it is remarkable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I love everything about this software.

Reaching potential prospects easily with short videos

Lumen5 review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great video editing software for online Marketing"

What do you like best?

AI features are great to automatically reate videos for online marketing campaigns, it understands the content and context brilliantly. storyboarding features work quite well too.

What do you dislike?

Not much image editing features and free tier is quite limited in set of features

Creating creative online campaigns for the clients, video editing features are great.

Lumen5 review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesome software "

What do you like best?

Great way to diversify content. For example you can turn your blog posts into video.

What do you dislike?

You can only choose one speed for the entire video. I wish there was varying speeds per slide. It

Easily making engaging videos which helps us diversify our content.

Learning about Lumen5?

* We monitor all Lumen5 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.