Luminate

Luminate Online Fundraising Software for NonProfits - Online Fundraising, Donor Mgmt; Database, Email Marketing

Work for Luminate?

Learning about Luminate?

Luminate Reviews

Ask Luminate a Question
Showing 48 Luminate reviews
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Outdated aspects and an overcomplicated UI"

What do you like best?

There’s probably more power under the hood than I’m aware of. I wouldn’t know because our org has our roles pretty well locked down and our consultants have pretty well taken over the global stylesheets and templates and make it difficult to work within the environment.

What do you dislike?

- The UI of the site is hard to sort through. Buttons are inconsistently or oddly labeled and often not in a predictable location. The design looks outdated and patched together: the teal-and-bright-green of the front page icons doesn't cohere with the bright blue logo, the dull navy navbar and the various color tints used throughout the site.

- Many of the features used for template development are outdated/unnecessary in modern web / email design (body tag attributes? in 2017?).

- The WYSIWYG editor used for text formatting in emails and web page builders is *several dozen versions* behind. Code appropriate to modern browsers is best done by hand, which makes it much less useful for non-coder users and means I have to go behind them and clean up their WYSIWYG code.

- According to our production manager, pulling reports and updating lists is a painful experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you implement it correctly and have people who know what they're doing using it and controlling the implementation process. Don't rely on consultants.

We run email campaigns and newsletters, and some donations, through Luminate and are in the process of pulling some CRM functions into it related to another product. (Obviously my team was not given right of veto.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Luminate
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great CRM with Easy Customization "

What do you like best?

Luminate Online is a good tool for organizations that want to be able to customize the information they can see and query about their contacts/donors. It is easy to navigate and there are a lot of helpful resources if needed.

What do you dislike?

One negative about this system is in regards to creating reports. It comes with standard reports but we often need to create our own in order to be able to pull all the needed fields. For example there is a standard report of donations and households but we also need it to pull fields from contacts so we made our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not handled many other databases at the same length of which I've used Luminate so it's hard to say which would be best but I do recommend it. There are definitely other CRMs that are clunkier and with any system there will be things you love and things you find lacking.

We are solving the issue of needing a clear way to organize and view donor information and be able to track it as needed. Benefits realized are no longer having any shadow databases that may live offline or in employees personal drives. All information can be accessed in one place.

What Nonprofit CRM solution do you use?

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Our organization is transitioning to a different tool"

What do you like best?

Luminate Online meets very basic needs. They are able to accommodate some particular things to our organization, like including premiums on our donation forms or the ability to schedule to unpublish and redirect a donation form. I like that they have chat support.

What do you dislike?

So many things. Support is lacking. It is so complex to build in their system- for example, just creating a stationary needs to be done in a very specific complicated way. They rolled out a tweet your rep tool that needs so much work and fixing to be even usable. There are lots of little things that annoy me, too- like how it logs you out all the time, or how the WYZYWG breaks everything, or how you can only upload one image at a time. Their surveys are completely non-mobile responsive and require the most gigantic headache to build. Advocacy: there is no click to call and lots of delivery failures. Social sharing is not integrated. I could go on.

Luminate Online allows us to build emails, donation pages, action alerts, manage our audience lists, and collect data for reporting.

Luminate review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Online platform for nonprofits"

What do you like best?

I like how donation transaction pages, emails, and transaction history are all on one platform. It easy to navigate through the portal and see how everything intertwines with each other. It is also great that it is compatible with Raiser's Edge and it easy to output and input donor data information. You are able to pull donor giving reports. You are able to create and track emails. And you are able to create donation pages that work with your organization's website.

What do you dislike?

The email platform is very finicky. It sometimes takes a long time to get a simple email created. While in mail chip it is easy to move text and picture block around, it is not that easy in Luminate. The options that are available for fonts are very little and making edits is very touchy as well. If you don't make separate tables for everything, it kind of all gets bundled together.

An online platform that houses donor data that we can easily pull reports from. They do a good job providing a lot of ways we can capture donor data whether it is transactional data, email opens/clicks, what campaigns they are answering to and bio information.

Luminate review by <span>Caitrin M.</span>
Caitrin M.

"One stop marketing solution"

What do you like best?

After years of toiling through LyrisHQ, etc., the integrated features of Luminate make it easy for a one-person marketing department to seamlessly manage development and e-mail campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I wish the dashboard were a little more intuitive at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Luminate offers helpful applications to fully staffed marketing departments and small non-profit staff alike. Because it's a Blackbaud product, it's incredibly helpful for e-commerce use, and the e-mail/form campaigns are easy to develop and use.

Just a pro-tip for those less accustomed to such intensive software: do make sure to complete each of the form/campaign trainings - it's more user friendly if you have a level of comfort with more technical platforms (e.g., the polar opposite of something like, say, Constant Contact, which relies strictly on visual editors).

We're better able to segment our campaigns, both fundraising and e-mail, on one singular platform.

Luminate review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"It works but might not be your best solution"

What do you like best?

It has many features including things like auto-login when donors click on a link. It's relatively easy to use. and was a stable platform. It did allow us to increase our online donation results. It has some good tools for reporting on email campaigns and their results, who donated to what projects based on the emails we sent them. They were able to work with our existing payment gateways which made setting up payments easy and did not cause us to incur any other fees with implantation.

What do you dislike?

Integration with our internal systems was not great. It was sometimes difficult to get data out of the system and EFT recurring payments were inconsistent. The email creation tools are there but by and large they are more for people with some type of HTML background. We replaced their email functionality with ActOn and it is a much better "non-technical" platform for email generation/deployment.

We switched out to a software package that more completely integrates in with our internal software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this will be your primary mechanism for taking donations it's pretty good. Most of our issues revolved around integrating it in with our internal donor management software.

We used it for an on line donation portal and for email marketing. As a tool it did accomplish the goals that we had. However the software itself was clunky and didn't have the finesse of some other platforms.

Essentially it was software designed by engineers without the assistance of UI specialist.

Luminate review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Almost Seamless Word Pasting - time efficient and user intuitive "

What do you like best?

The product required minimal manipulation in html after copying and pasting word doc text (or email text) into the luminate system. Great way to organize multiple campaigns and distribution lists. Easy to added additional recipients to a campaign or a specific email. Emails can be sent to additional distribution lists based on set criteria within the crm function of the platform.

What do you dislike?

From time to time when copying and pasting material into the email template not all formatting would transfer over - including text color, font, and font size. Typically an email would require 1-2 additional proof edits to fix the formatting.

Luminate allows for emails to be sent to a larger distribution list in a designed template and keeps track of basic analytics - great way to clear distribution lists and ensure that the right people are receiving the right message for their specific needs.

Luminate review by Internal Consultant in Broadcast Media
Internal Consultant in Broadcast Media

"Quick time to market but difficult to build enterprise data solution around it."

What do you like best?

The Luminate platform does allow you to get a donation form up and running very quickly. Platform manages credit card transactions and is a single solution.

What do you dislike?

Getting data back out from the platform is very difficult. Although there are published APIs they don't seem to work well and it's difficult to get support. Although it may work well for a single entity, trying to get transactional data out to subsidiaries or different departments was extremely difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the pricing in detail if you want to deliver data to more than a handful of people. There is a hub where your users/stakeholders can grab data from reports but this was cost prohibitive for us. We also had extensive discussions about how the data would come across via the APIs. We intended to keep track of every single transaction but this became very difficult when refunds or changes came into play. If you intend to use their APIs, ensure that you test out different scenarios.

Deploying a single nationwide donation solution for a federated organization.

Luminate review by <span>Edwin B.</span>
Edwin B.

"Integration and Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Luminate Online is that it integrates well with our eCRM so that we're able to personalize and provide conditional content across channels based on constituent information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that, at times, the system can run slowly when running reports, queries or building email lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely an easy system to jump in and get started using. Provided tutorials and knowledgebase posts can help further understanding of the system and its capabilities.

I'm raising un-restricted revenue through donations via the email channel. Because Luminate Online syncs with our eCRM, I'm able to use previous giving history to make more compelling donation asks.

Luminate review by <span>Amy B.</span>
Amy B.

"Very, very powerful. More than a little complicated."

What do you like best?

The incredibly wide variety of options you have for fund raising. It is a very powerful program but there is a LOT going on here.

What do you dislike?

Luminate is a big, complex, sometimes overwhelming system. Can be way too much to work with. Takes a lot of training to get to a comfortable point with it. The CRM functionality is a little weird, but it is great for email management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn everything you can about it after you get it. Be prepared to be slightly overwhelmed, and very challenged.

Many of the people I know use Luminate for peer-to-peer fundraising, online giving, email programs, and event tickets.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pretty User Friendly Software"

What do you like best?

I like that it's pretty user friendly. I used Listrak in the past which was not user friendly at all. I've only been using LO for 7 months and I am often able to figure out anything that I need to accomplish. My manager was pretty impressed when I was able to pull reports and refund transactions without needing to be trained on it.

What do you dislike?

I've tried to use "Help" links on occasion and pretty much all of them are broken. My biggest gripe is the "Send" button. It's very scary to hit "Send" when you are planning on scheduling. When I set up emails, I select the time and date I want them to go, but if I'm going to run an A/B split, it deletes that time and changes it to "immediate". One time I accidentally sent one immediate when I first started. Talk about stress!

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and great support.

Just always testing what we can do to increase opens and click-thrus.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Review of Luminate Online"

What do you like best?

The fundraising emails we send out via Luminate Online look great. Updating donor information and pulling simple email/fundraising queries is simple and straightforward. I'm a big fan of the Raiser's Edge/Luminate Online integration plugin (for the most part). Since my organization sends out emails for a variety of purposes not limited to fundraising, it's very useful for all those emails to be able to come from one place -- useful both logistically and for branding consistency purposes.

What do you dislike?

Luminate Online as a whole is not intuitive at all. Building and exporting reports is needlessly difficult. Email coding isn't straight CSS but has some kind of special coding (as I understand it), when having it be straight CSS would make coding troubleshooting a lot easier. I wish there was a way to conduct duplicate management both in Luminate Online AND through the Raiser's Edge/Luminate Online integration plugin. I'm not entirely sure why Luminate Online has its own support portal when Blackbaud support is much better. Not to mention: why is it still called Convio support?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prioritize training, because you will need a lot of it. Learning some CSS is helpful.

We have been using Luminate Online since before I started at this organization, so I am unsure what was solved specifically through this product. That being said, I doubt that whatever we used before was as easy to integrate with our CRM (The Raiser's Edge) and as easy for every one of our departments to use for their own purposes.

Luminate review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Good capabilities but not for an average nonprofit user"

What do you like best?

The possibilities are endless - but you have to know how to code and the platform is very sophisticated. While most desired capabilities can be achieved, you have to have an expert on hand to do the work.

What do you dislike?

It is way too complicated for an average nonprofit communications user. The events module is useless for ticketed events where you have to gather guest names - basic functionality that should be there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are in the process of looking at Engaging Networks. Donor Drive was another great product we considered. We can't wait to get rid of Luminate Online.

We do our online donations and email marketing through Luminate Online.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool but training is essential "

What do you like best?

I love how luminate online can link your donor info to email campaigns and website content. It's a really great way to segment your supporters and really target your email blasts based on their choices. I also love the autologin feature. It makes donating to your cause a much faster process for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't more tutorials that show you how to do more of the advanced stuff. You can take classes from blackbaud but they are pricy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider investing in training for the individual that will be running it. It's a great tool if you know how to use it.

We just made our virtual food drive responsive. We worked with a 3rd party blackbaud vendor to get this accomplished using luminate online's teamraiser tool It looks so much cleaner and easy to navigate. We are hoping this will help us raise more money this year via our online virtual food drive.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Often the bane of my existence"

What do you like best?

Luminate offers a lot of reliable tools to help your org's fundraising efforts. They're just really terribly out of date. Their services are pretty diverse and once you get through the learning curve (which is kinda high), you start to connect the dots in how to use them.

What do you dislike?

It's horribly outdated. Oh my god. When is the last time you used Netscape? I'm not talking about `navigator.appName`. I'm talking about the browser I used in elementary school. The forms they offer have "netscape fixes" within the HTML. It is pretty crazy how crappy these are. Many years ago these were acceptable, but now it looks and feels ancient. I'm surprised there aren't animated GIFs all over the page.

The ways you need to manipulate TeamRaisers (fundraising event pages) are incredibly frustrating. Here are the steps to make a change to the HTML:

Navigate to teamraiser section in portal.

Search perfect terms to find it (you may have well over 10,000 to search through). You cannot search for the ID which is extremely frustrating.

Click through manage, click through edit, click through page wrapper to identify which page wrapper it uses.

Repeat process for page wrapper section within user portal

Unpublish page wrapper to edit.

Find version, click edit, make change.

Go to publish section, click publish.

No quick changes. ugh.

Next, browser compatibility. Things like file uploads, click and drag features, open window, CSS styling of the luminate UI, ALL may or may not work based on which browser you're using. Mozilla is best for some tasks, internet explorer of all things is often best for a lot of the file upload features. Chrome will get me by for most of it, but when something just doesn't work, I have to open all my tabs in another browser and hope it will work there.

THE SYNTAX FOR THEIR S:TAG LANGUAGE. oh my god what is the ugliest language you can come up with? Did they do this on purpose? It is literally a bunch of colons and brackets. It is extremely messy and difficult to work with. I dread projects that use it. It is a joke to me. I've sent screenshots to my friends to show how ridiculous it is. Can you tell how I feel about it? If not, let me just say again, that it's the ugliest thing I've seen in a text editor.

I'm not sure if this review can include the CMS, so I won't get into it in detail. Just gonna say--don't use it if you don't have to. You will be much happier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many non-profits use Luminate with good reason. It covers most of the bases that you need. It is not without struggle though.

Luminate is run by Blackbaud which seems too busy trying to acquire any and all competitors to improve the software itself.

My org uses it for constituent communication, surveys, fundraising, reporting, and email marketing. We achieve all of this, but often with frustration.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not great, not horrible"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is actually pretty good and always easy to get in touch with. Their support agents are always friendly and courteous. Their API is helpful in configuring their donations forms above and beyond what their standard form can do, its also rather straightforward and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Its rather expensive for what it is. I'm not a fan of how their email system is set up, it seems rather dated and clunky. Their CMS is decent and you can do a lot with it, but its rather expensive for what you get out of if.

We are able to connect with our constituents effectively.

"Fantastic Website Management"

What do you like best?

Complete ease of use. You don't need to understand coding to easily use Luminate to manage your websites both for front end and back end interface.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't anything I have disliked yet about the system. Sometimes creating reports can be more difficult than usual but it's typically easy enough to navigate through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing participants and sending mass emails. Also going in the right direction with reporting and managing financial data. I enjoy being able to manage our accounts as thoroughly as I can with Luminate.

Using it to manage websites and customer info.

Luminate review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Implementation Woes"

What do you like best?

It integrates with other Blackbaud offerings, specifically the Raiser's Edge.

What do you dislike?

Development is slow. The training offerings are slim and were not catered to our organization. The current integration with RE is clunky and needs a wholesale update. During the sync process with RE, the Blackbaud team incorrectly linked the two systems which caused the system to spuriously create new ID numbers for each of our constituents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask more questions than you see as necessary. The Luminate offering over-promised and under-delivered. In addition, their training package (the GO! program) did not adequately meet our needs. It would be the right offering for some, but LO did not care enough to know our organization well enough to advise otherwise.

We have seen benefits when it comes to reconciliation between two of our software systems.

Luminate review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Powerful but not easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate all of our online fundaring, user database / constituent profiles, and email marketing makes for a very powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

While the tool is very robust and powerful it is also not user friendly and in some areas has a steep learning curve. The admin interface is clunky and very dated. Many tasks require a technical expertise beyond that of a typical user and thus may require you to frequently need outside cosultants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use Luminate, I would definitely recommend that you partner with a vendor rather than attempt to do everything in-house.

We use Luminate for all of our online fundraising as well as email marketing across our organization. The ability to target and automate emails based on user actions / data is a fantastic, but often feels like setup and maintenance takes longer than it needs to.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Definitely Could Be Better "

What do you like best?

I'm not sure we use Luminate Online the same way that others use it, but I like that the software is totally custom to your needs. Luminate Online provides a lot of options as far as fundraising software goes.

What do you dislike?

Because the system is custom to our needs, I really don't like that everything seems to cost extra. Because we are a nonprofit, we are constantly looking for better ways to do things and with Luminate Online, all of the better ways cost money. There really isn't a beneficial way for cost-effective solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely give you the option to customize your needs. What you get is literally what you pay for.

We definitely use this to house a lot of donor information. It's good for tracking donations and such.

Luminate review by <span>Joshua S.</span>
Joshua S.

"This CRM Take A Lot of Work"

What do you like best?

While this CRM has everything you need it to do, it does none of them well. It will do email, donation forms, landing pages, and advocacy tools. But it is overpriced and too complicated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike most things about Luminate. It has everything you need for a non-profit CRM, but it is more difficult to use then any other product on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend looking elsewhere. This product is not moving forward, it is staying stale.

Again, it fits the bill but is too complicated and far too overpriced.

Luminate review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Dated software, but integrates well with Raiser's Edge"

What do you like best?

Luminate integrates well with Raiser's Edge and when configured properly, it will synchronize well.

What do you dislike?

Luminate is billed as a platform that is extensible, however, nearly every customization requires expensive consultants to configure. Donation forms beyond the basic templates require custom work and additional features like peer-to-peer fundraising require the TeamRaiser module at an extra fee. Integration of Paypal will also require additional setup fees.

Overall, the platform is clunky and aside from its integration from Raiser's Edge, there are many other platforms that offer similar or more functionality at comparable prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the fine print and make sure that it is clear what is going to require additional customization to get things to look the way you want. Consider that there are platforms that will allow you to go on month-to-month contracts on the strength of their platform rather than locking you into a multi-year contract.

Luminate allows donations to be processed and the data to be synchronized with Raiser's Edge. When it finally got working, it works well most of the time.

Luminate review by <span>Catie B.</span>
Catie B.

"Glitchy email marketing platform with disappointing support"

What do you like best?

Solid reporting function on email performance.

What do you dislike?

The interface was incredibly glitchy for us, frequently freezing, kicking account users out, and not saving new content. I would often have to resort to making edits via HTML because the front-end platform was unresponsive to attempts to make style and formatting changes. Web forms were also cumbersome to edit.

Convio's customer support was unhelpful if not entirely unavailable - which is unacceptable considering the price we were paying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other options if your primary use is going to be e-communications and web forms. The system is clunky and time-consuming to use, and you can get a better product for less money - such as MailChimp or Constant Contact, I cannot speak to the software's other functions.

Convio was used for email campaigns across a number of departments - primarily marketing, development, and membership. It also hosted a variety of web forms, including online giving pages. It allowed us to communicate with a variety of audiences, but at the cost of an inordinate amount of staff time.

Luminate review by User

"Does a lot but has some big issues"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create surveys, send emails, create reports, process and track online donations, track event attendance, and integrate with Raiser's Edge.

What do you dislike?

there are a lot of functionality and flexibility limitations that are a problem with the system - the surveys don't allow for dynamic results (showing how many people chose a given answer or unique results per person), the WYSIWYG editor for email does not always function correctly, layout options are limited, text for events is limited and not always clear

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared because customer service can be slow to respond and there are a lot of things that cost extra in order to customize it the way you need it.

event sign ups and tracking, online marketing and fundraising, online donation processing, integration with Raiser's Edge

Luminate review by <span>Thomas V.</span>
Thomas V.

"Works well enough but there is a lot of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the email interface. It gets the job done and gives you some options for the customization of the emails. You can do A/B testing, send different messages based on constituents locations etc.

What do you dislike?

The reporting feature is very clunky. Trying to create a custom report with only the information you want can be difficult and in some instances impossible.

We're solving our email marketing, constituent database, donations, and our CMS.

Luminate review by Administrator

"A bit antiquated "

What do you like best?

The multiple options. It has a lot to offer but some of the options have additional steps that waste time. For instance, a survey let's everyone view results at the bottom violating people's privacy. You have to create a page and then embed it there to make that disappear.

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive compared to other new, more up to date programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone who's not technically savvy test it out. They should be able to figure out the basics especially when you compare what other companies have to offer now.

Outreach, Digital communication.

Luminate review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"The CRM Everyone Loves to Hate"

What do you like best?

Powerful, many features. Very deep product.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive. Hard to work with. Inconsistency across platform, some modules are vastly inferior to others. Email module pales by comparison to products like Mail Chimp. Peer-to-peer very hard to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at alternatives! There are many.

Integrate fundraising, advocacy, email and peer-2-peer. Compared to what we had before (4 separate products), it's an improvement.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Luminate can be frustrating "

What do you like best?

Ability to manage content across events or donor groups.

What do you dislike?

Some features are frustrating when working with large audience groups. It is time consuming to add so many groups one at at time instead of creating a saved group made up of existing groups. This hierarchy feature is also missing on the company page set up.

Online content and emails

"not my favorite"

What do you like best?

I think this software appeals to a large variety of needs.

What do you dislike?

It's so accommodating that it's overwhelming for my organizations back end users/needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the webinars, use customer support. I do think this software will meet your needs but you need to understand it first.

We do love the variety it allows but figuring out the settings to give us our best outcome has been difficult.

"It has great potential"

What do you like best?

The products and features are great for any organization that needs a tool that solves more than one problem.

What do you dislike?

It's archaic and needs to be modernized to meet today's demands of digital marketers.

website content hosting, loading & updating; as well as email marketing

"Love this program "

What do you like best?

What don’t I love about this program. It allows our participants to register for our event, gives them a platform to raise funds on, i an able to send out mass emails to different groups, and pull reports!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don’t like about this program.

We are giving a participants a way to take charge of their fundraising! It also gives us managers a way to manage what our participants are doing and the funds they are raising!

Luminate review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Luminate ultimately gets the job done. "

What do you like best?

The modern look and capabilities. It is more advanced than our last system and allows us to do a lot of things at once.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is difficult to maneuver if you don’t know what you’re doing and there is a large learning curve.

We are solving the problem of needing multiple systems do do what we are doing with just LOM and gained the benefit of being able to simplify our processes.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Convio Luminate Event Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of reports available, and the data they provide.

What do you dislike?

really old interface and issues running reports sometimes

Managing event constituents - great to edit their profiles, passwords and details in real time.

Luminate review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Worth the resources"

What do you like best?

Luminate offers a one stop shop for constituent management and engagement.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools require a bit of customization out of the box.

Single database to view all interactions, communicate with constituents and set up fundraisers.

Luminate review by <span>Kunal S.</span>
Kunal S.

"Good strong tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to read and understand the records and the information in them.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool is not as advanced. Also, needs too many clicks to get the result.

Keeping in touch with the client base.

"Love this software!"

What do you like best?

Love this software! We use convio software for all of our events. I love that it is so easy for us to track our events progress, email participants, and run reports!

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything that I dislike! We utilize this software everyday at work!

We solved the problem of running numbers in a timely manner, as well as being able to email all of our participants and past participants at once!

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"laminate online for collecting donations"

What do you like best?

Easy to create new donation forms and copy old ones. The responsive layouts are a great functionality that work well with our website to create a good user experience .

What do you dislike?

Fixing problems seems to take a while and involve several layers of people.

Fundraising through online donation pages, ticketing for events, development of eCards, survey building and story capturing.

"Convio Luminate"

What do you like best?

personalized messaging to constituents about fundraising for an svent

What do you dislike?

The ability to add flash into emails like embedded videos or graphics that can change

Customized and segmented messaging to participants to increase online fundraising for events

Luminate review by <span>Vivian C.</span>
Vivian C.

"Really easy to use and organized layout"

What do you like best?

Setting up and managing accounts is simple but also entering donations is easy too

What do you dislike?

The finance part of it can be a little tricky

Managing teams and donations

Luminate review by Administrator in International Affairs
Administrator in International Affairs

"A little finicky, but easy to use"

What do you like best?

Everything happens in real time - no need to wait for things to refresh. It's very straightforward and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Searching for things can be difficult - some search fields are very particular and require exact wording and correct spelling

It is easy to manage customer information and transaction history, making it easy to provide excellent customer service

Luminate review by User

"Why Luminate is a great system "

What do you like best?

I am currently interning and have found that convio’s luminate system has a great training program which has really helped me learn a lot and be able to work with my team to create a strong media presence.

What do you dislike?

The training sessions are pretty lengthy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is really beneficial!

It helps us communicate internally and externally

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Can process a lot a data at once"

What do you like best?

It is online and easy to process, you can process lots of donation at the same time.

What do you dislike?

It does not always process all gifts without reason or cause.

Database management

"Works just fine"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and with little training can seek out data you need easily. Very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Limited availability to compare YOY data Not CRM friendly.

We use the data to drive our behaviors, we've benefitted from having real time data to help drive our work.

Luminate review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Convio Luminate Review"

What do you like best?

Convio Luminate is very user friendly. It is a great platform for constituent/participant management, event website, reporting, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Convio Luminate.

We are solving issues with running reports of participants from our events. Keeping track year over year.

Luminate review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Development Associate"

What do you like best?

Ease of access to donor information, giving history, ease of reporting

What do you dislike?

Editing emails should be easier and more user friendly

Benefits include the appearance of the email campaign - much cleaner than other email services.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Dated CRM/CMS but strong platform for Scale"

What do you like best?

I like that this CRM/CMS system allows for cross-reporting.

What do you dislike?

I don't the the GUI for this product, it is not intuitive.

I am solving how many problems for digital marketers, namely how digital engagement is managed and created.

Luminate review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Experienced Convio User"

What do you like best?

The integration with the email marketing and the CMS platform is useful for populating content and timely updates.

What do you dislike?

The look and feel of email templates, click-through reporting, and ability to integrate with other systems is dated and often cumbersome.

It allows us to connect with segmented markets, but inputting lists is difficult.

"Limited ecommerce capability"

What do you like best?

Somewhat intuitive to use - reports easy to run

What do you dislike?

Very limited eccomerce and apparently going away

Ecommerce fulfillment

Learning about Luminate?

* We monitor all Luminate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.