Lumion

Lumion is a software that creates videos, images and 360 panoramas for architect.

Work for Lumion?

Learning about Lumion?

Lumion Reviews

Ask Lumion a Question
Showing 23 Lumion reviews
Lumion review by <span>Martin C.</span>
Martin C.

"Lumion - rendering and design"

What do you like best?

Lumion makes it possible to use rendering as a design tool and not only to show a finished product.

It changed the way I tackle visualization, it’s now easier to start renderings from the very beginning of the design process and use them to make design decisions and update them over and over.

When you are done with the design you can finish the polished version of the renderings.

What do you dislike?

I guess the main thing I dislike is the fact that you cant use more than one computer to render.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Lumion, even when it is expensive, its worth every dollar.

The support team that runs the forum is something I never saw in any other forums...they are absolutely great.

Using Lumion it is very easy to keep happy clients, any last minute changes doesn't take hours to process removing from the equation any additional services request to the client.

Lumion also changed the way I write proposals, before, or when using traditional ray trace renderings, we would quote per image. Now with Lumion I think about it as scenes. Doing 1 or 3 renderings of the same scene is fairly easy.

Clients love this approach.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lumion
Lumion review by <span>Romain L.</span>
Romain L.

"A great and pro 3D real time visualization software"

What do you like best?

Unlike other software I could use, Lumion is really perfect to take in hand. Exceptional speed of execution and display compared to other similar engines. In addition to this, the professional version is filled with plants, cars, people who normally pay! The import is done without problems, the models are retained once the software relaunched. Lumion is very useful for the exceptionally fast rendering! Provided you have a very good graphics card, can easily render in 4K in 2 minutes. Lumion also has a simple interface to understanding, many post-processing tools as well as various artistic filters.

What do you dislike?

Lumion has some problems for me:

The rendering is not pushed enough in terms of realism,

For fast rendering and good performance during use it is necessary to have a very good graphics card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has the financial resources to switch to Lumion, or you have problems using your other engines, go through the trial version of Lumion. You will not regret it

Lumion has allowed us to make breakthroughs in terms of time and money. Making our render much more beautiful despite a lower resolution, the time / money ratio plays a lot. The rich and diversified library proposed as well as the export of the files directly under SketchUp, really facilitated us the task!

What 3D Rendering solution do you use?

Lumion review by <span>Andres S.</span>
Andres S.

"Lumion - The greatest tool, user friendly"

What do you like best?

You can easily create projects using Lumion without previous knowledge (or at least, not so much knowledge), with Lumion I am capable of creating super awesome renders in no time, the light details are just incredible. One of the most important features is that I am able to modify my models as many times as necessary, and the best of all is that it is super quick!

Also I like the variety of accepted formats, it is a really cool feature, Also I really, really love the feature of VR (Virtual Reality), I can easily render my project and transfer it to a tablet to show it to my clients, I can even send them an email with a link to check the project from different points and angles!

What do you dislike?

I probably have no complaints for Lumion as right now, one of the things that I "dislike" (I really don't, but they could make it better) is that sometimes when I make a render of a living room for example, the textures are super great when they are zoomed in, but they don't look so "reallistic" when you see them from a mid range area, so that will be my only "dislike" on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Lumion to anyone that is looking for a fast and easy to use software, the customer support is great, they even have video tutorials on their website on how to properly use Lumion.

One of the greatest problems that I am fixing using Lumion is the flexibility with my clients, for example, before I used another software that I am not going to mention to avoid any problems, but it was super, super slow, rendering something was taking forever, and when one of our clients called us to make a change we usually charged them a fee to make the render all over again (yeah, the software was that bad). Now with Lumion we don't have a problem at all, we can show the project to our clients and if there is a request to change something, to remove something, to add something we can do it within minutes, we don't have to go all over the render proccess like we used to do before.

Lumion review by <span>BARTHOLD T.</span>
BARTHOLD T.

"Lumion, a great and easy way to render"

What do you like best?

Lumion allows you to create renderings, both stills and video. It works fast and easy which makes it a great tool for architects! What I really like is the integration with sketchup. You can work on your model before or after setting up your renders. Also you can prepare and render a collections of images. Finally Lumion makes it really easy to make short films, something that clients really value.

Another important benifit is that Lumion does not require a lot of time, expertise or effort to learn. Within a couple of days I was able to produce production quality renders and videos.

What do you dislike?

Lumion looks a little bit like a video game. All the messy menu's that most drawing software has are hidden from view. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find the function you need.

Lumion allows me, as project architect to work on my own images instead of having to outsource them to third party rendering companies or specialists within a firm. This gives me and my team a great amount of control without costing me a lot of time to learn the software or produce the images.

Lumion review by <span>Jeremy C.</span>
Jeremy C.

"Lumion in the professional workplace"

What do you like best?

Lumion has now reached a standard where it is possible to produce excellent renders of professional quality. Having been the Architectural Visualisation business for over twenty years I now use Lumion to produce all my renders for clients. It's very fast to render out images which allows for quickly adjusting textures and lighting in order to perfect the final render. There is an excellent library of plants, trees, cars etc built into the program which allows the population of a scene effectively and quickly saving time importing third party objects. As with all 3d rendering programs to get the best renders you will need skill as an artist but unlike other rendering programs it is more than possible to produce good quality renders in very little time and with a very short learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Viewports aren't currently available providing plan and elevational positioning of objects.

Camera paths or locations can't be seen in the scene or be positioned accurately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

upgades are expensive

Very fast turn around for clients due to the exceptional rendering speed - this has allowed a massive increase in productivity and profit.

Lumion review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"Lumion in my workflow"

What do you like best?

Lumion is an easy to use architectural visualization software, but still extremely powerful and rock-solid. Especially since their latest upgrade, Lumion 8, the renders can compete with the best while still maintaining the extremely high render speed. An average high quality render, with all features on will take about a minute. With other software this will take hours. And no post-processing is needed!

Lumion comes with an extensive library, and works with all major 3D formats. Lumion can be used in each stage of the designing process, for both internal and external use. Different in-built styles can help to match the degree of photo realism with the actual stage of the design.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. But I would like to see a better workflow for importing external materials and more ways to control them, for instance materials from Substance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

There's a constant interaction with the software and it helps to solve designing problems. It's very easy to try several materials or design variations. In the end it leads to a better building, because I've tried many, many options and picked the ones I (or my client) liked best. It's so much easier to convince a client that a certain solution is better when you have a nice render to support it.

Learning about Lumion?

* We monitor all Lumion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.