LXLE

5.0

LXLE is based on Lubuntu which is an Ubuntu OS using the LXDE desktop environment. It is designed to be a drop-in and go OS, primarily for aging computers.

Work for LXLE?

Learning about LXLE?

LXLE Reviews

Showing 2 LXLE reviews
LXLE review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"Best option for old (or weak) hardware"

What do you like best?

Without any doubt, this is the faster linux distribution. Is is perfect to use on old machines or if you want extreme speed on newer machines. I've tried both Lubuntu and LXLE, because both distros uses LXDE and are designed to be used on old machines. After some specific performance tests, I've found that LXLE was better for my specific use case.

What do you dislike?

The price to speed is the quality of the graphic interface. It is extremely simple, if you care about window effects or beauty on your graphical interface, this is not for you.

I found that the distro size is too big, Last time I've downloaded it, it had more than 1.2GB. I think that the LXLE team could improve it by removing unnecessary apps. Another option would be offer a clear distro, without any app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care about window effects or beauty on your graphical interface, this is not for you. However, if you don't care about graphics but care about performance, this is the perfect distro for you.

I've helped to create a computer lab on my old school. The school is public, and all of the computers were donated. Some computers were very old, so after a little research, I found LXLE and opted to use it. Definitely, it was the right choice. As I said, the result was better, even than Lubuntu.

Just to be clear in my review, I don't use LXLE on my personal machine. I've used it on the computer lab project I've said (because of that, I don't have a screenshot here).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about LXLE
LXLE review by User in Higher Education

"Very easy and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

It's quick to use. And a user can teach themselves easily.

What do you dislike?

I found that some of my hardware at work was unable to use this program.

Quick use to make time for more work.

What Operating System solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of LXLE for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Ubuntu Logo
Ubuntu
Super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world.
Windows 10 Logo
Windows 10
Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.
Apple iOS Logo
Apple iOS
An advanced mobile operating system. With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock solid stability, iOS is the foundation of iPhone. And even as others try to catch up, the technologies and features built into iOS keep iPhone years ahead.
Windows 7 Logo
Windows 7
Windows 7 is your PC simplified. Enjoy your media wherever you want, stay productive with the smart new desktop, get creative with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
Android Logo
Android
Android is the a globally popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all Google apps, plus thousands of apps and games are available on Google Play.
Apple OS X El Capitan Logo
Apple OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan gives you simpler, smarter ways to do the things you do most with your Mac. Like working in multiple apps at the same time using Split View.
CentOS Logo
CentOS
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor.
RedHat Enterprise Linux Logo
RedHat Enterprise Linux
Open source platform for mission-critical computing
Windows 8 Logo
Windows 8
3.2
Windows reimagined and reinvented from a solid core of Windows 7 speed and reliability. It's an all-new touch interface. It's a new Windows 8 for new devices.
macOS Sierra Logo
macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop fast and conveniently online, and work between devices. It can also help free up storage space.

Learning about LXLE?

* We monitor all LXLE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.