Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?
Hippo Video

Hippo Video

(64 reviews)

Power of Video. Built for your Business.

Work for Hippo Video?

Learning about Hippo Video?

Hippo Video Reviews

Ask Hippo Video a Question
Showing 66 Hippo Video reviews
Hippo Video review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Experience the Joy of Hippo Video"

What do you like best?

The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions Hippo Video is excellent customer focus. It must be said. I had some, for me, challenging questions for a project I was managing. Boom. Sir, would it be convenient for you if we would set up a call and go over your specific use case? Well, yes. That gave me a good feeling about the product, purely due to the proactive attitude. I had still to setup Hippo Video, but I felt very confident it would work.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the user interface are not that clear at first glance. There is always room for improvement, and I did go over the, in my opinion, unlogical placement of individual elements. The team made notes of my feedback to discuss internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve with Hippo Video; you need to plan your implementation and allocate time and other resources. This time is well worth it. Especially with the help from the well-organized support team, you will have a great experience using Hippo Video. But do not expect to be up and running in a day. The time needed to go live will differ per use case. But still, keep it in mind. Invest the time, and you will get the result you require.

If you don't know Hippo, then you really should look at their website. I would not call it business problems what Hippo Video is solving, but it made my workflow immensely more structured and straightforward. I believe everyone will agree that the use of Video is a must in today's communication. Hippo Video is there to help you with sales, marketing, and support related tasks. There are different plans for these named categories, or you can choose to get a custom made Enterprise tier, which will hold whatever your business requires.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hippo Video
Hippo Video review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"Personalise your onboarding with video"

What do you like best?

Like the title says, I really like the fact that you can use the Gmail addon (even in mobile) to quickly record a personalised welcome video and send to new customers and clients. Not only that, but you can fully brand your video and add call to actions like a question or direct link. The analytics is also a great feature to keep track of who watched what video and for how long.

What do you dislike?

There's no official android app right now, although I did find a work around using the Gmail app and the hippo video addon. The UI could be a little more modern but that's just my opinion coming from a design perspective. It's a solid product and each week I can see improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try for recording and sending personalised video emails either to individuals or everyone on your list. Video is the way forward and personalisation will help set you aside from your competitors. I've asked Hippo Video support questions and given suggestions, they are very friendly and accommodating.

I havent used the mass email list video outreach just yet, although I think this is an amazing feature... But I have used the personal email to welcome me users. Doing this manually via YouTube for example would take 10x times longer and still not have the features hippo video have.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Hippo Video review by Souriya P.
Souriya P.

"Excellent Online Video Performance Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

What hippo video can do best is about tracking your video ads performance, it can perform some basic video editing online without the need of additional software install, which is pretty cool for quick status update video a like.

Can easily add call to action form or lead magnet form on top of your video.

Can directly share my video work on facebook and keep track of its performance from within hippo.

What do you dislike?

It was not meant to be a video editor/creator, if you need robus video effect, you will need to use other tools to create your fx offline and upload to hippo.

Cannot customize the lead generation form much, example, I just want 1 field to ask for viewer email address in my opt-in form, hippo doesn't allow me, I will need to go with 3 fields: firstname, lastname and email.

My pro subscription only allow 200GB/month bandwidth, which is pretty low, big -1 here.

Qquite small number of interaction available, quite surprise hippo video has no integration with Zapier. regarding auto-responder, it can only integrate with MailChimp, thus i cannot integrate hippo with my email auto-responder, another minus here.

Easily upload video, perform basic enhancement, directly share to multiple social network and keep track of its stat in central place.

Hippo Video review by Jackie R.
Jackie R.

"Hosting + Screen Recorder + Video Testimonials + More"

What do you like best?

What i liked about Hippo Video is that it is like a swiss army knife of Hippo size Video proportions! You get secured video hosting, video screen recording, video testimonials from customers, video slide shows. You get all of that for just a single payment made for the services.

What do you dislike?

The thing I disliked is the limitation on the no. of screen recordings I can use. I remember having to record again and again and used up all my screen recordings on the admin account. It was a bummer. Also the host landing page is really plain. Could use more designs. There should be unlimited screen cordings because there is already a bandwidth limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who are into ALL in ONE software solutions, check out Hippo Video. They are the swiss army knife in the video marketing solutions industry. They are just starting out but there is a lot of potential and feedback can make them grow. I hope they read through this review and find what they need to improve on!

The business problems this software solves is the need for businesses to start getting on video marketing. It is the future of all marketing and businesses not taking advantage of this trend are surely missing out a huge chunk, like a Hippo sized miss!

Hippo Video review by Neelamegam A.
Neelamegam A.

"Best video hosting platform "

What do you like best?

Hippo Video provides the flexibility to handle everything about videos under one roof. The features they offer helped me increase the amount of content absorbed by my audience. Their hosting platform allowed me to communicate and engage with my viewers.

In addition, Hippo Video has a rich set of features with which I'm able to create, import, edit, share, and track videos.

What do you dislike?

Though Hippo Video has made my experience seamless, it would be more helpful if they provide a bit more freedom to customize timeline actions in my style. That would allow me to gain more information from my viewers and understand their requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to handle every step of your video journey in one place, you can use Hippo Video without giving it a second thought.

Using the Hippo Video hosting platform I’m able to target and reach a large audience. With the real-time analytics provided by Hippo Video, I'm able to keep track of how my customers are engaging with the video. I'm able to get individual viewer reports as well apart from shares report, reaction report, demographic report etc.

Hippo Video review by Suvran R.
Suvran R.

"Hippo has the potential to become an all round beast in video management"

What do you like best?

We have checked, tested and now loving it to the core. Hippo is best in its class. Trust me when I say it is better that the combined Loom, Cloudapp, Droplr and many more similar. Even it has its strong points which even Camtasia does not possess (the per device license price being one of them). Some of the top level features are like

Pro editing features, hosting of all the videos, importing an existing video option, create a gif from a video, users adding, storage facility, acting as a video player (along with player customization), custom domain option,

awesome call to action designs to a video, sending a link to an user or client for creating a video testimonial or screen record without any sign up, superbly fast video rendering and many more hidden gems. And then the solid customer support. Hippo is a beast and should get the highest concentration.

What do you dislike?

Some more interactive call to action, playlist, rich text editor, video url custom slug, blur feature, alphabetical folder name, desktop app are some of the features are needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its has high prospect and a solid team behind it.

Client training, onboarding, software bugs, etc

Hippo Video review by Tara-Tamiko, D.
Tara-Tamiko, D.

"Extensive Analytics for a Video Screen & Capture Tool"

What do you like best?

The analytics for sure! You can see how much of your video has been watched which is super helpful when you're using it to train.

The other features I like are:

- Annotation tools (I like the focus one the best!)

- Being able to a description

- Being able to use my own branding

- Gmail extension: you can add the video right there in your email

- Notification when email has been opened and when video has been watched

- Categories: I can keep my videos for different people and clients in their own category

- Users: I can give collaborators access as well as restrict them to certain categories

- Ability to host it on my own domain, so my link is: videos[.]mydomainname[.]com

What do you dislike?

That I'm tied to Chrome...it can get a little buggy.

Would love a shortened link feature

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't use Chrome, you won't find this useful.

Training and explaining. I need to show my clients and collaborators various different things and Hippo Video helps me do that wonderfully.

Hippo Video review by Manuel A R.
Manuel A R.

"If i need to do a screenrecord or editing my media, i can definitely use Hippo Video"

What do you like best?

In this service you can record your screen with a extention (To Google Chrome for being more specific) and them also edit the final media that you have. I think its very interesting having in mind the expensive that could be a software to do the work that Hippo Video with a really good deal offers you the posibility to make it on your browser.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a negative perspective about this software, well it could be to have in mind the fact that its just to use it on Chrome, for some people that could be a problem. But the rest, its a nice service with a good interface and integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to donwload or just can't have the software that you need to edit with you everytime, you can use this services on your browser and definitely have real benefits in time and also quality. Recommended to make screenrecords and Video hosting for those who likes other servers to up.

I can edit my shots and even record from my cam or my screen. Excelent features and integration with social networks and mail services. With a competitive price and with the benefit of do it from your browser with download just an extention and not a heavy software to install.

Hippo Video review by Neil P.
Neil P.

"Great for short instructional videos"

What do you like best?

The ability to really quickly create a very simple webcam and screen sharing video and then share it with a client within minutes of recording is really useful.

What do you dislike?

The browser interface and detection of hardware can be a bit temperamental, site and editor can be buggy and at times unresponsive. Upload of video tends to fail or just freezes. The editor is almost un-useable. I end up exporting all video so I can finish off. For example today's effort and using the "Professional Editor" resulted in only being able to hear audio, video was not rendered, and the tracks were named incorrectly. This was a desktop recording with recorded audio via Mic and the tracks were named Webcam and Desktop?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform has so much promise but work needs to be done to make it faster and more stable. I have tried both Linux and Windows, use the Chrome or Chromium browser and each time have been disappointed that I could not complete the entire project and had to resort to exporting it and using my desktop software. I understand that Video editing and recording on a Web platform is full of challenges however this is what the product does so it should do it better. At this stage I will not be renewing my subscription next year and pretty much regret paying it this year.

I can support and train my customers without having to make site visits all the time.

Hippo Video review by Isabela C.
Isabela C.

"If you like to do everything on your browser, this is your video edition software."

What do you like best?

I like about this website, the posibility to make videos in different ways. You can record with your own webcam, and also record your screen action with just download an extension for the browser. And thats not all, you can record and then edit with the nice editor from Hippo Video and get your audiovisual work done.

What do you dislike?

I have to say, im not a Chrome fan, because it takes too much from my RAM process. HippoVideo tools for screen recording works as a Chrome Extension and that makes the only browser to can use to manage this website features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like to record some screen actions from my work as designer, and maybe explain how it works a software or the process to edit some media. I think its very recommended, and you can have bonus for share to people to join to HippoVideo services.

Its very complete, i can record, edit and share from it. Can create a video from images and customize the complete media. Also have a friendly mode to work with referals and get a bigger gamma of tools to work on HippoVideo.

Hippo Video review by Diana P S.
Diana P S.

"Totally helpfull and with excelente features for cam recording and screen-recording."

What do you like best?

I like about this one, the full package that it haves. You can record, edit, and even create a video from images. I foud it very complete and actually its a natural way to share your work because you can put together different scenes from cam recording and screen recording, as create gifs from this scenes. With nice compatibilty about formats and conversion.

What do you dislike?

I don't think in Hippo Video as my principal work tool, not for a bad reason but talking about video editing we can obviusly find more in a Adobe tool, more customization or competitive filters. But why not as a resource to make an emergency edit or, just to explain yourself with a screen record with voice and thats all. You can get something really basic but with an excelent result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not an expert on video editing, don't you worry, try with the easy way, Hippo Video will works for you with excellent results, without being so exigent with your computer requirements

I think in Hippo Video like an video record and edition, with a really low cost and very good features. You can refer your friends to use it and experiment and even recieve bonus for your own features on it. With minimum 5 GB of bandwidth to work initialy.

Hippo Video review by antonio l.
antonio l.

"create and share your videos with just a few clicks"

What do you like best?

hippo video is a very easy and fast way to create tutorials and record videos of interest.

The design in general is simple and intuitive and its use is quite simple, you just record or upload images and you're done. You can add some transition effects and some other things and you are ready to upload and share on youtube, facebook and other social networks.

It has the advantage of being able to count the views of your videos.

What do you dislike?

Obviously the amount of filters and effects is quite basic, which I think takes some points off this program, so too, sometimes the upload of the videos becomes very slow, which is somewhat annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good way to start in the creation and massification of videos of interest, without a doubt it is a very easy program to use and with very good results.

It has allowed me to make some tutorials about programs, which makes it easier to explain how it works and how to configure a certain program.

Hippo Video review by Torres S.
Torres S.

"Its really helpfull and effective, easy to use and with great results"

What do you like best?

I like about hippo video the feature about screenrecord, i can do all my youtube work with this very cool and with nice intregations software. You can also create a video from images and create a long piece with effects and transisions. Very recommended to manage video files and edit a little bit online.

What do you dislike?

Its not a classic video editing tool, you can't expect manage plugins and use a long list of fonts or effect. But its actually really effective about his function, and my favorite the easy way to record the screen and also the webcam to get a really cool video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You want to make some screen videos for youtube? better you try HippoVideo and do it easy, with nice features for productions and video edition and with a really cheap cost. Highly Recommended.

Im taking seriously with my students to make some tutorials about music production or quality lirycs, with this software i can explain from my particular pc screen what you have to do to learn create some samplers and basic music lyrics.

Hippo Video review by Ramon H.
Ramon H.

"Completely brandable video marketing and costumer support sollution"

What do you like best?

- Brand your shared videos with a top bar logo, a player logo, favicon, page titel and your own domain

- Clean Google Chrome extension to easily start recording within seconds

- Guest recording: Send a link to a customer, via which he can record himself a video (testimonial, query etc.)

- Fast and customer feedback driven development of new features

What do you dislike?

- At the moment they need typically 15 - 20 days to set up the custom DNS for you so that you can use your custom domain

- The shared video pages offer commenting and emoji reaction features. You can only disable both simultaneously. For lot clients commenting would be useful, but emoji would be too playful

- Getting as personal with the customer as possible without the need of live communication -> Informing extensively about services and building trust about the promised outcome

- Gathering video feedback and testimonials without any hassle for the costumer to set up his tools properly

Hippo Video review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"Simple video & screen capture tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great - it's so easy for me to click a couple of buttons to start recording. The interface is pretty intuitive and exporting is easy!

What do you dislike?

The compression of videos can take a little while. The playback quality when editing videos is also less than ideal (audio seems degraded, and the progress slider for the video seems to "lose track" when trying to skip to different parts of the video).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It wouldn't hurt to try some of the other products out there to be able to compare Hippo to them. Some of the real benefits become really apparent when standing the products side-by-side.

I'm using the tool to create short instructional videos / job aids for work, and also creating presentation recordings to share.

Hippo Video review by Luis P.
Luis P.

"Great app for screen presentations"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and how intuitive all the menus and options are. It's great to use the Chrome extension and to be able to edit the video once it's been captured. Also, their support team is really helpful, efficient and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would improve is the ability to choose how and where to show the webcam recording square. It would be great to be able to move it freely, choose the size and shape, etc. I believe it's not possible to do so yet, or if it is, it's not readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's great!

I'm recording tons of videos for my school's Facebook page and for my students in order to teach them English.

Hippo Video review by Luis E.
Luis E.

"Great support video tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to create video tickets as a guest and also the possibility to create a video library for FAQ, categorize the videos, export them tu multiple channels like YouTube withing the platform and more.

What do you dislike?

They need to work on how to find the account information of the plan that we pay. It's not in one page. And to get auto subtitles you need to Pro Package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the search for a great video hosting and video tickets, then this is the best tool for that. They integrate really great with WordPress.

Video support and guidance for clients. Recording bugs and reporting. Also as a private video library of things I'm fixing on websites, so I can know how to reproduce the steps after the fix on another website.

Hippo Video review by David M.
David M.

"Nice features, useful for client support & sales"

What do you like best?

A surprisingly full featured application, which integrates well into GSuite. Very simple and easy to use, simply click the record button and you are recording right away. Includes screen recording, webcam and voice, according to requirements. Although I haven;t used it, the Testimonials functionality is a great idea.

What do you dislike?

Their application and website user interface text is very light and hard to read. It's pretty painful on the eyes every time I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free plan to try out first to see if it works for you.

I use it to quickly screen record how to do something on my own computer, then send it to a client. A lot easier than trying to describe technical solutions over the phone.

Hippo Video review by Mike Lester R.
Mike Lester R.

"Hippo size your Videos anyone?"

What do you like best?

What entice me to buy a subscription to Hippo video and become one of its StackSocial accounts is the potential to be a disruptor in the industry of video marketing. They have the Video Leads / Hosting / Editing / Screencording capabilities that I haven't seen in the industry yet.

What do you dislike?

What I least liked about Hippo video is their not so sexy video landing page for your hosted videos with them. Also the LIMITED videos that you can SCREEN RECORD is really a DEALBRAKER for most since you can have SO MANY MISTAKES while recording and they count each recording as 1!

Hippo video developers, hear me out on this. There is a new competition in town and their name is LOOM. Currently it is free but soon will be offering a PRO paid version. If you want to sell more, you have to fast track the roadmap of this software. It is currently lagging in terms of the features that people want. Maybe have your users suggest features. Your email newsletter design is very basic, by the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those businesses considering an ALL in ONE solution for video hosting, editing, screen recording and more, do consider HIPPO VIDEO. It is still a young platform but could very well be valuable in the future of your video marketing needs for your business.

Problems of business owners is how to gain more leads for their potential customers and Hippo Video promises to address that.

Hippo Video review by Laura R.
Laura R.

"Quick to learn and easy to use. Does exactly what I need. "

What do you like best?

Allows me to create short videos to add to our platform and knowledge base. The recording tool is super easy to set up and use. The editing capabilities are great and seem to work well, although I haven't yet done anything too complex with the editor. I like the ability to upload the videos directly to YouTube.

What do you dislike?

If you have separately recorded visual and audio, splicing them together is a bit of an ordeal as you need to download each separately and then re-upload them to Hippo Video. I find the drawing/spotlight tool difficult to use when in the middle of a recording, although this could easily be a result of my lack of coordination with speaking and drawing at the same time.

Stakeholder buy-in and informing and educating customers.

Hippo Video review by Administrator

"The Most Feature-full Video Hosting & Editing App "

What do you like best?

I have really immersed with it video editing capability in the cloud. It's the very responsive almost same experience as desktop editing. On top of its comprehensive sharing and tracking capability. The feature that really amazed me is to capture video testimonials by sending them a link.

I have been using Hippo Video Hosting and Editing Service for some time, I have found it a very handy tool. Especially very easy editing tool without leaving the cloud. This has solved my problem of maintaining of different video tools and hosting services.

The support team is awesome, they are very responsive and accommodating.

What do you dislike?

I bought this app through stacksocial, later I became to know that customer domain is not covered. This was a bit disappointing, but when I contacted the developer they listened and accommodated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should enable custom domain with all type of plans, this will enhance the usability of their platform and will develop customer loyalty. Else its always easy switch away.

I have always struggled with video editing, it's always very cumbersome, editing and then uploading. Here i can do everything in the cloud

Hippo Video review by Gourav M.
Gourav M.

"HippoVideo is solution to all our video needs."

What do you like best?

Though there so many feature but most we like is it's video editing and testimonial capture ability/feature as it's totally cloud based means free from download, installation and regular updates. Plus it has some many essential call to action options and custom watermarking feature too. Plus their on time support is also an added advantage.

What do you dislike?

There's no feature we dislike as such, just sometimes it works little slow, particularly in rendering. We're looking for more designs and player screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommed HippoVideo to others.

It's helping us in taking video testimonials and putting it on our website. We can also create the on-boarding video with the help of HippoVideos.

Hippo Video review by Karen D.
Karen D.

"Great Web Based Video Creator!"

What do you like best?

Hippo has been cost efficient and convenient. The video quality is good for my needs which is primarily working within the higher education realm. The ease of navigation and the wonderful support that is given to novices like me has made it easier to be creative in how I present content.

What do you dislike?

Some of the add-ons do have a cost...though not prohibitive. I wish that was a bit clearer at the outset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reasonable in price with good quality video. Great support as well.

I am using this to create and contribute to the creation of an effective online community. Since my class is totally online, I am using Hippo to create presence with my students and vice versa.

Hippo Video review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Tried most of the competition, Hippo video is currently leading the way"

What do you like best?

The videos render very quickly in browser, and there are useful tools such as drawing tools (even for while recording) ... and Full HD! The roadmap is very strong (blurring tools for personal details obscuring), and support has been very friendly (everything worked - user error lol).

What do you dislike?

The only issues we have had, is that in full screen playback, skipping backwards / ahead with the bar can be a bit fiddly. Also, I had some "user errors" but I think that the setup for picture in picture webcam settings could be clearer. Although, it might be me ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Saves time and money from the moment you start using it.

Client communication / client support / cross team communication / quick tutorials.

Hippo Video review by David Christopher C.
David Christopher C.

"Great platform - A Loom alternative"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration to my account, and the platform, as described, is usable right away, unlike other startup applications I've used.

What do you dislike?

Quality of the guest video options - I don't know if this is just based on the camera video when users test it or it's within the platform. Plus, they kind of look elongated rather than optimized to scale with one of my tests before - But I know they're on the right track to improve it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hippo Video's team is certainly on the right track. I was considering Loom before but this one takes the cake - especially with the custom domains that can be enabled with your plan, to give you that company look and feel for your URLs and Videos.

The analytics also are great, to know your customer sentiments for your videos. I wouldn't switch right now that this one is a great deal.

Customer testimonials and reviews - This might not be Hippo Video's main use-case, but they do offer guest video uploads - And we use that for customer reviews.

Sentiments and analytics also come inside each video - to know how users would react to the video based on the timeline presented in the video.

Hippo Video review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"The All-in-One tool for Sales, Support and Marketing!"

What do you like best?

This tool is damn simple and easy to use whereas the editor equally has all the essential editing features in it. The best thing is it's cloud-based, so you need not to install and download large files. All we need is some more themes and video player skins as available with other similar tools.

Secondly, with HippoVideo we can also add custom audio and voice-overs to our videos.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such but wish if we could render the videos little fast. The android app will be the best thing for the video testimonial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I humbly recommend HippoVideo to other Digital Media and SaaS-based Startups for content creation and video hosting.

It's helping us in creating and hosting videos with CTA. We are also using it in creating videos for on-boarding and explaining the process of availing RTIwala Services.

Hippo Video review by Victor Daniel V.
Victor Daniel V.

"really simple way to have some awesome results on your media. "

What do you like best?

I really like about this software the way to renderize the videos and can manage very quickly and effective, also have a nice features about recording live in this service. Im becoming very familiar with his use and having always better results, i can take screen videos and make the best video tutorials about using a software or playing a game.

What do you dislike?

I think this software for his price and the service, we can use it as a tool, but its not the last you'll need to can get your work done. Actually have amazing features but the final picture about render could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to learn how to record your own screen live, or you just needing to edit some videos and get a final work, HippoVideo its not just a recording tool, even have a sharing and hosting features you'll be benefize.

Honestly HippoVideo can help you to manage some simple shots and get it better look, and focus on requirements this software its a elemental option to work with. You just have to check some tutorials and you will see how easy and effective could be this one.

Hippo Video review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"All in one Video Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

I really love the ability to screen record. You can add comment and collaborate with team mates and clients. Also you can have them do testimonials. Great overall. Very useful if you're a marketer or developer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in can be slow uploading. Also the video editing isn't that great. Slow and buggy at times but it does the basics. These are my main pet peeves.

My main problems are communicating with my team (since they're remote) and clients. It gives me the benefit of recording everything that I spoke with someone so I can go back and remember what they said. They also have basic annotation features which allows us to mark down things. Another benefit is that they also provide cloud hosting. You can create and host videos on here.

Hippo Video review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

It's so fast and easy to use. I use to use Camtasia. It was such a pain because it required so many more steps to get a video to someone. With this you just click, record, and then send the link. EASY!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have every editing feature in the world but that's not really what it's for. So that's ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic tool. Simple to use. Inexpensive and great support.

It saves me absolutely loads of time and quite frankly makes me 100x more willing to record a video to show one of my team something that I would have been otherwise.

Hippo Video review by Gary  O.
Gary O.

"Essential Tool For All Marketers & Business Owners"

What do you like best?

The driving force behind signing up for this platform was the amazing video testimonial feature, which makes it super easy for clients to provide testimonials with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Overall very happy with the product. Small glitches but the team is working on this as we speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to have, everyone needs video testimonials!-

Easily capturing powerful video testimonials that would not be possible if the client was required to record and upload a video, making this as easy as clicking 2 buttons dramatically increases response.

Hippo Video review by Vijay B.
Vijay B.

"An Awesome product with unique use cases"

What do you like best?

The ability for a person to record anywhere anytime using only a browser. Really helps for people who want to ask a specific question.

In the case of my company there are people who have language problems ( india has 24 languages)used by customers wish to know more about our non profit's activities.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a phone app. An iOS and android app would really work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look at it as per your use case. In this generation people are more comfortable with videos. Excellent opportunity to increase engagement our to the individual nature.

Video Testimonials.

Ask a Question w

Hippo Video review by User

"All the Features affordable price"

What do you like best?

Three of the unique features are

1> Video Testimonials - just send a link to someone and they can record a video Testimonial, from there phone or laptop - very quick and gets great results

2> Guest Recording: Send a link to say a Client and he can record his screen,voice and send to you - all without logging in - great for trouble shooting.

3> Video Editing is inbuilt - useful for quick trimming,merging, voice over etc

What do you dislike?

Cname root does not redirect to my main website.

Staff Training - Nothing beats show and tell.

Client testimonials - much quicker process with Hippo video

Marketing CTAs - hoping to put into use.

Hippo Video review by Tammy R.
Tammy R.

"Makes my job easier!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can show our customers exactly where to point and click with the video. I can also verbalize what needs to be said.

What do you dislike?

Some of my customers are having trouble using the links they are getting errors and cannot use the link to record.

I do Customer Support for computer software so having customers explain in words vs showing us can be difficult at times. Makes it much easier to see the problem and exactly the steps the customers are taking.

Hippo Video review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Best Recording Software for a Virtual Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to record training videos easily for my Virtual Assistants in The Philippines.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything yet that I dislike about the Hippo platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use virtual staff, you must get this.

I can record anything I need to train my Virtual Assistants on and have it as an archive in case they need to review it again or I need to bring on new staff.

Hippo Video review by Agency
Agency

"Extremely simple to use | a 5 star product"

What do you like best?

All the Marketing Tools one needs in a video especially the Lead Generation Form and the ability to share the video on various social media platform.

What do you dislike?

It does not have an Auto play function like other players have. Also during the embedding we could get an option to chose % instead of pixels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price points would be a huge factor.

Most importantly problem solved is it retains the visitors to my website. earlier I used to embed videos from youtube and many times my visitors to land up on youtube and never come back. I have stopped using YouTube to show the videos.

Hippo Video review by Vanessa H.
Vanessa H.

"Useful and Simple"

What do you like best?

The team are responsive and always happy to help when needed. The product is simple to use and very user friendly - I like the UI and provides the integration points I need for my team to use on a mass scale.

What do you dislike?

I feel it needs better administrative capabilities in terms of managing your account such as billing and licence fees.

It helps us support our clients by providing a visual outlet.

Hippo Video review by Damaris P.
Damaris P.

"Awesome screen recorder for company trainings "

What do you like best?

The best feature that Hippo has is the ability to export the video to google drive without having to download it. It’s a huge time saver and hippo is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

That the free version only lets you record for 5 minutes at a time. 10 minutes would be better.

The paid version of Hippo is helping me to save time when creating video walkthroughs for clients and coworkers.

Hippo Video review by Administrator

"Worked well until it didn't"

What do you like best?

As a teacher the ability to record lesson videos my students could watch on day when there was a sub teacher in the classroom was amazing. The kids loved the videos and I loved that they still were getting a lesson in even with a sub.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately I signed up for this services with the intentions of proving video links to students that they could individually visit. This blew my subscriptions bandwidth out of the water and locked the video up and my students could no longer watch. Even subscribing to a higher bandwidth didn't provide the service I needed to make my subscription worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of how much bandwidth you will need.

This is a great service if you want to make a video and have one person stream it or you have the finances to pay for more bandwidth.

Hippo Video review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Excellent product for price "

What do you like best?

Hippo Video is a great solution for people that need an easy to use video hosting and editing platform for their small business. Very useful for the price.

What do you dislike?

Noting really at this price point. Product is a good value.

The ability to edit and host videos using a web app for my social media needs.

Hippo Video review by Administrator

"Easy to use and everything is browser based ."

What do you like best?

I like that it can be used with any computer. There is no installation required as this is the case with most of video editing programs. However, with HIPPO it can be done right from browser and everything works great. It saves time and quickly do the magic.

What do you dislike?

The Bandwith they give with pro plan is very small. Only 200 GB , it looks nothing when it come to Videos. That is one of the biggest concern for me atleast using HIPPO Video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase Bandwith for pro plan , 200 GB is nothing

I am quickly able to produce videos that is saving a lot of time. I was able to producue some marketing and call to action videos that helped me a lot.

Hippo Video review by Aisha S.
Aisha S.

"Best Video App I Have!"

What do you like best?

I purchased Hippo for the video testimonial feature. I think it's really neat that users can record without software downloads necessary.

What do you dislike?

I wish the branding was removed..."hippovideo" branding looks a bit childish.

I'm using this for video testimonials as well as a better Loom replacement.

Hippo Video review by Amanda  V.
Amanda V.

"Teacher use "

What do you like best?

The versatility and how it is integrated with Google classroom.

What do you dislike?

The way you save things is a bit. Confusing. It creates a folder for you which I don't really like

Recording lessons for students is so helpful, especially if you have students that are chronically absent or have IEPS

Hippo Video review by Rob B.
Rob B.

"A Must Have Tool!!!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Hippo Video for quite sometime now and I love the interface and how easy it is to use. Another great advantage is that you have everything video in a single app (Branding, email campaigns, lead gen and sales).

What do you dislike?

Nothing thus far, I am very pleased with the app.

Increased conversions by providing a better customer experience, efficiency by having an easy to use app that includes all aspects of the lifecycle.

Hippo Video review by Philip P.
Philip P.

"Pretty Cool software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send requests for video testimonials

What do you dislike?

the UI leaves a bit to be desired. I would like to see them do more here.

Video testimonials

Hippo Video review by Trilok H.
Trilok H.

"Excellent for Collecting Video Testimonials"

What do you like best?

Easy of use.

Excellent Support

Very Easy to Collect Video Testimonials from customers

What do you dislike?

Nothing specifically as of now. It's good.

It helps to collect video testimonials seamlessly from customers.

Hippo Video review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Let's review Hippo"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and add to Google Classroom!

What do you dislike?

Had trouble getting in and using my account.

Students have really enjoyed the access of getting videos made by their teacher!

Hippo Video review by User

"Good experience using this video product"

What do you like best?

The ease and workflow of recording js good. But there is some bug with adding narration which never loads on my pc which i hope can be solved in an update.

Ease of adding call to action on different parts of video

What do you dislike?

Dislike the narration freezes which is not yet solved

Getting customer to know my business better

Hippo Video review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I like it for the most part"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and see analytics. I like that I can see where people dropped off and how they jumped around

What do you dislike?

The analytics don't seem to be accurate all the time and you can't design a visually pleasing call-to-action page. You also have to embed the video on your website and then share a link if you don't want it so show anything about Hippo

Recommendations to others considering the product

remember that hosting a video on their site is difficult to match your personal branding

we are using this to add annotations and calls-to-action on our videos

Hippo Video review by User in Design
User in Design

"Future of Marketing and Sales "

What do you like best?

I really love the idea of Hippo Video where we can record and send the videos to our potential clients. They also have their Gmail plugin which makes the process faster in attaching to the emails.

What do you dislike?

The User interface of the platform seems to be more zoomed in, so kind of want to see an updated version of it. I also would love to see an android app from Hippo video.

Hippo video helps me increase my sales and conversions by sending videos to potential customers which gives a personal touch to it.

Hippo Video review by User in Computer Software

"Works well and the roadmap is impressive"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ease if use, but with Hippo I was able to consildate Camtasia, SnagIT, Cloudapp, and Vimeo into one tool and have my team alsi share a single account. So thr consolidation of tools is the best feature.

What do you dislike?

The branding. I an looking forward to custom domain support as sendig a hippovideo link looks weird for my customers. They have already allowed logo customization but need to go farther.

Sending support videos and creating tutorials and marketing videos. We are excited to try the link to have guests create videos as well for support and testimonials.

Learn more about Hippo Video

Hippo Video Videos

Learning about Hippo Video?

* We monitor all Hippo Video reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.