Lynda.com

Lynda teachers are effective, passionate educators, who are also respected authorities in software, creative, and business fields. They're here to share their expertise in dozens of topics with you, with courses organized into these eight subject areas.

Work for Lynda.com?

Learning about Lynda.com?

Lynda.com Reviews

Showing 223 Lynda.com reviews
Lynda.com review by Ruby C.
Ruby C.

"So far the best learning tool I've found!"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com has a database of carefully selected courses that almost includes every skill I want to learn. The courses always assume that I know nothing about my inquired field, and it provides practice files, detailed lecture sections that start from the ground up, and accompanied training.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Lynda's courses start with stuff that's too basic. For example, how to open a file, how to upload a photo, etc. I try to scroll through those parts, but sometimes I miss sections of useful information because of that. But listening to a 10-minute talk about, what's to me, common sense could be kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check this self-learning tool out. Helps if you want to pick up another skill besides your day-to-day job, learn software skills for yourself or improve your current job efficiency and capability. It even gives out certificates you can link to your LinkedIn profile.

Self-learning tool. Learned the basic SEO.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lynda.com
Lynda.com review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE LYNDA"

What do you like best?

Obviously I'm a huge Lynda fan. Your options for creative and analytical learning are endless. One of my favorite things about Lynda is that as technology changes and updates, so do the Lynda courses! I am a heavy Adobe Creative Cloud user and with every software update, Lynda updates the courses with clearly labeled "new" segments. All you have to do is click on the "new" sections and you will learn exactly what you need to be caught up. In addition, they will update the entire course as a whole every couple years. I also love that you can download project files for those of us who need to physically DO what is being taught. This is little but I love how there's a little check mark icon next to the videos that you have completed. There's something about seeing your progress that feels very satisfying.

What do you dislike?

Let's be honest, you mostly likely share your account with someone. If you happen to be in the same course but at different segments, you have to bounce back and forth. My dream is that they would add a feature like Netflix and Hulu have and let account holders set up users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! Lynda is the best resource you can get!

Any questions that pop up can be answered with Lynda. It's one thing to have a quick fix to any creative needs but it's another thing to actually learn the how and why of what you're trying to accomplish.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Lynda.com review by Vijay R.
Vijay R.

"An extensive collection of courses from various domains from the industry experts."

What do you like best?

Lynda has become my goto online learning source for the last two years. I extensively use Lynda. There are two key facts that make Lynda Unique. First, you can expect to find almost any course. Be it on photography, graphic design, or data analytics. You will find the course of your interest. Second, the duration of the course. Usually, MOOCs take quite a long time to complete (25 to 35 hours). But, courses on Lynda can be completed within ~10 hours. This is because for a given topic, e.g. photography., there will be multiple courses that discuss the topic at different levels of comprehensiveness. On a given topic, there are courses for a beginner to an expert.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app isn't stable enough. Sometimes I had difficulty in logging into the application. This might be because Lynda allows multiple ways to enter one's credentials. Other than that the app is great and no serious concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally feel Lynda is worth the investment because of the reasons I have already discussed. An extensive number of courses that are taught by the industry experts is what makes Lynda unique. The desktop application is a big plus for Lynda. You can download the courses for offline viewing, hence you need not rely on an internet connection. I didn't find these features with other MOOCs.

I use Lynda mostly for learning and acquiring new skills. For example, Lynda has a great set of courses on photography. Anyone who aspires to be a photographer could learn significantly from these courses. Also, the contribution of Lynda is extensive in someone developing a new skill set. For example, since data analytics is the area in demand these days, you could find a number of courses on data analytics that use different programming languages like Python, R, etc.

Lynda.com review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Great for Training and Professional Development"

What do you like best?

Lynda is very easy to use and can help with training on software and/or specific skills (i.e. JavaScript or email management) to advance your career. It offers different learning paths and can also be integrated with Degreed (another great tool for training) where progress can be tracked and also be seen by your manager/company. Each training has specific time estimates that will give you an idea of how long it will take to complete it. Once completed you can also get certificates. Courses can also be selected based on skill level (i.e. beginner, advanced etc.) and it's very easy to navigate through the UI.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Lynda. It's very easy to navigate and there are many filters that can help finding the course/video that is right for you. The only downside maybe is that you can only access what is in their library and not add training videos to courses if you found any from other resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for professional and personal development.

Our company offers Lynda for professional development and as a resource to learn new or improve skills.

Lynda.com review by Trevor A.
Trevor A.

"A one stop shop for all kinds of training"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of topics and training that are available is mind-boggling. Several of the training I've seen are more thorough and expansive than similar uses I was taught in a college class. Many of the topics are useful for personal and professional work. The interface is simple and it's easy to keep track of your progress.

What do you dislike?

Some topics have too many different trainings available that teach the same or overlapping information. I suppose it is helpful to have a few different means of sharing info because of learning styles and similar, but it can also make it frustrating to choose which training you want for a particular skill.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an important tool for enterprise-wide training and growth. I would highly suggest using Lynda to improve the skills of your employees.

Expanding my professional abilities, mostly in the areas of information management and document creation. Lynda has enabled me to learn things that would normally cost significant sums of money across various trainings and conferences.

Lynda.com review by Elena C.
Elena C.

"Enjoyable and Essential"

What do you like best?

Good info in HD, top notch content. Some of the presentors have literally made me laugh out loud in a public library. I can have a badge for completed course on my LinkedIn profile.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a text only transcript so I can learn without headphones in public. I can't be having my training seminars blasting through my laptop speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dive in and use it to its full potential which is vast. Make the most out of your yearly subscription, and you will come out ahead every time. I understand that software of this quality is more than worth the asking price, but maybe a free version wouldn't be so bad? Honestly you don't owe anyone that and it's probably a bad business investment for you, but I guarantee offering all the features in all countries humanly possible would greatly advance globalization in terms of business and result in reduced incompetence and ignorance at the very least.

That leadership takes hard work, and info about goal setting and follow through. I was identified as a leader even in elementary school, and it's beyond amazing to pick up where I left off with no ads.

Lynda.com review by Caroline W.
Caroline W.

"Review for lynda"

What do you like best?

The best feature of lynda is the vast number of training available for so many marketing strategies. It works well on both my android phone as well as on my windows operating system.

Lynda has well trained instructors who train in a well paced manner. Each training is further divided into subtopics which have individual quizzes as well, which ensure that we retained the content well. The user friendliness of this website is what makes me love it a lot.

What do you dislike?

Lynda is not easily accessible to everyone, and it can be quite expensive if you are not directly affiliated with a university so that you can access it with you university's account. There is also no way you can give feedback about the training which can be good for both the instructors uploading the training materials and for other students who might want to access these training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a go for training!

I use it for marketing and tutoring training for my job as a peer tutor at TAMU. It is quite helpful for real life applications of tutoring and I get points for leveling up and getting paid extra for my job.

Lynda.com review by Jasmine W.
Jasmine W.

"supplemental training"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this program are the bite size, versatile lessons. I can learn virtually anything. When our programs are looking to expand or we are researching new potential programs, Lynda.com is a great tool to get a quick primer on a subject that we might delve more deeply into.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the most that I don't have much time to do the lessons provided. This isn't really the fault of Lynda.com, rather that my office doesn't easily allow for specific time to be set aside for training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To others who are looking to use Lynda.com, I would recommend that you ask your supervisor to allow you to set aside time specifically for this training. I feel like this might be normal for many offices/companies but in my personal situation, it is difficult to use the program when we are not allotted time specifically for this.

Training for admin skills as well as developing subject matter expertise

Lynda.com review by Abdullah Umair B.
Abdullah Umair B.

"10 years ago Lynda taught me photoshop. Today she's teaching me machine learning. "

What do you like best?

Lynda.com has been around for a while and this maturity clearly shows in the well-rounded short courses that it offers. I especially like the option to download exercise files and use them during the course.

What do you dislike?

Does not offer financial aid for students like coursera.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though platforms like coursera and Khan Academy have become increasingly popular in the recent days, Lynda is still a great resource for learning new skills and the freedom to learn that Lynda offers is great.

As an engineering student, I try my best not to lose sight of what's happening in the world around us and enhance my skill set to include skills that I would have otherwise not acquired in the classroom. I have used Lynda.com to learn photoshop, advanced excel formulas, playing the guitar and coding in python.

Lynda.com review by Giovanni D.
Giovanni D.

"A site with a wide range of training options"

What do you like best?

If you have a team that is very big and have a wide range of skills they need to improve, then this is the site for you. Lynda.com has a robust list of options for training. Is well organized and you can find pretty much anything. Personally, I have reviewed videos about design, photography, development, and even management. I like that keeps track of what you have watched.

What do you dislike?

There is no a smart way to identify your skill level so you can be "assigned" to the right level. Many times I ended up skipping videos because it was too basic. I wish they had a way to test your level and then provide suggestions as to where you should start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is very technical and requires training with coding like PHP, databases, JavaScript, etc., then Lynda.com may not be the right option.

It is a very efficient way to learn things in a system that keeps track of the progress. It also provides a robust set of options for different type of learners and includes practical examples to follow.

Lynda.com review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Fantastic Resource for a Variety of Topics"

What do you like best?

Lynda provides top-notch educational courses on a variety of subjects. The interface is solid and the information is reliable!

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive if you don't have an account through your place of business and/or you don't use it often. Fortunately, there are plenty of areas in which you can learn, so if you carve out the time you aren't likely to run out of material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda is a great opportunity for business and/or individuals to expand their knowledge. We have used Lynda for a variety of subjects. The information is reliable and relevant. I was surprised at how current the courses are even for evolving digital platforms. Lynda won't replace networking at conferences and specialized individual training, but it is a VERY good foundation. Especially for companies who lack the budget to send employees to training.

Being sent to conferences or specialized training can get very expensive. The budget at a non-profit is often not conducive to these kinds of opportunities. Fortunately through Lynda, we can educate ourselves on a variety of areas. Obviously real-world implementation is key, but this will provide a very solid foundation in which we can grow our experience.

Lynda.com review by Sean L.
Sean L.

"Lynda Pro for Training Initiative"

What do you like best?

Seats can be assigned on an as-needed basis to people who either request training in a defined area, or in an area that their manager has determined that they would like their staff to be trained. It's a lot simpler to onboard staff who have varying experience with software, especially the G Suite products from Google, by assigning them a course playlist that walks them through some of the things we do with calendar, e-mail, groups, documents, and Drive storage.

What do you dislike?

The limited number of transfers is the main complaint. Once your account runs out of transfers, you will have to purchase more. I would rather have us just have the limitation of a number of simultaneous seats, and not be limited throughout the year by having to transfer users in and out until the transfers run out. Seats are fairly expensive, and the limitation of transfers when you have a small number of seats (we have 5) can be restrictive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Lynda to onboard new staff on our use of Google Suite and Office products, instead of having a hit or miss with training once a "how" ticket is submitted.

The often time-consuming 'can you show me how to do this' or 'how do I do this' questions regarding software packages which we deploy can be answered thoroughly and without a vast investment of time with personal training sessions. We are both onboarding new staff and using it to give more extended training to users or managers who request it.

Lynda.com review by Michaela P.
Michaela P.

"Lynda.com is the training site to go to!"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com is one of my favorite online learning sites. I love how professionally are the courses built and how deep each goes. I love that it is connected with LinkedIn now and you can post certificates directly to your profile.

What do you dislike?

Hmmm... I'd have to think really hard to come up with something I don't like about Lynda.com. I have been using the site for couple of years and it keeps improving.

Oh, there is actually one thing. I'm a learning professional so I know how should online courses be built. One area for improvement for Lynda.com would be switching from the talking-head videos to a design that supports learning. According to one of the multimedia principles, the image principle, people do not necessarily learn better when the teacher's image is on the screen. I see talking-head videos a lot on lynda.com. So this is one area that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get a membership through your employer, your university or your local library.

I'm definitely solving a problem that as a freelancer, I have to keep learning and honing my skills. Lynda.com helps me to achieve that and stay above the competition. I take many online courses and keep my skills fresh.

Lynda.com review by Joanne K.
Joanne K.

"Great for learning design softwares"

What do you like best?

The quality of the videos is great. Instructions are clear, and instructors seem very knowledgeable in their fields. I also like that they provide practice files, so you can open them up and follow along.

What do you dislike?

Some of the videos could be a little dull and boring to watch. They are highly scripted and some instructors are more engaging than others. But videos are short and you can skip the ones you don't want to watch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Lynda.com if you are learning design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, and Sketch. There are also great design foundation classes and documentaries to watch.

Keeping my design software skills up to date. It's great for learning specific software, and there is always something to learn whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or an advanced user of the software.

Lynda.com review by Julie B.
Julie B.

"Lynda.com has improved my skills for my job and personal interests"

What do you like best?

I use Lynda.com to learn new skills and to keep up with how to use new features when the software I use updates. I have taught myself web design; WordPress and greatly improved my skills with Adobe. We recently moved to Office 365 and Sharepoint. I was able to take the admin courses to set up and manage accounts. If I need a refresher on a feature, I log in and rewatch only the steps I need to complete a task.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to do a search to find the right class for what I am trying to accomplish. Or sometimes in a search you get older products or a course that just mentions the one you wanted info on but it isn't a course on the subject search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve your skills, whether for your job or personally and do it at your own pace, Lynda.com is a great way to do so. You can earn certification and with a premium account download practice files to follow along.

I can perform many roles at work by watching the courses such as WordPress and Adobe that we would have had to hire a third-party to complete. I read a lot of articles for improving all aspects of my job.

Lynda.com review by Peg B.
Peg B.

"Great way to learn new, usable skills"

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many different skills to learn. Not just software but also things like photography, DSLRs, videography. I was able to strengthen my photography skills considerably using Lynda courses.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you now have to have a LinkedIn account to access Lynda videos. It is not as accessible any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are concerned about the price, you can look through all their offerings and decide which courses you want to take before you commit to purchasing the subscription. You can watch previews of the courses beforehand and get an idea of the time commitment you will need before starting.

I was able to improve my photography skills considerably using Lynda courses. I was also able to improve my understanding and use of Photoshop and Lightroom. Lynda courses were invaluable to me when I was starting out with digital photography.

Lynda.com review by Treena Nicole F.
Treena Nicole F.

"Great Tool for Continued Learning"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Lynda.com is the vast amount of content available for viewing. There are a range of topics, including: Business, Design, Developer, IT, Marketing, Web, Photography, Video, Audio + Music, CAD, 3D + Animation, Education + Elearning.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Lynda.com is that it can be difficult to sort through the vast array of content to find exactly what I am looking to learn. Some of the videos can be six plus hours long, which is wonderful, but sometimes briefer courses would be appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this if you are looking to learn anything new

I am able to learn more about software that I use in my job, as well as pursue personal hobbies that can make me a more well-rounded employee and a better asset to my team.

Lynda.com review by Maiah M.
Maiah M.

"Great resources for learning new skills"

What do you like best?

I like the clear, clean look of the site and great descriptions of the course. I like knowing ahead of time to topics covered and the general outline as well as time of video and details of the person doing the training or talking. It's nice to know they have credentials, and the content is widely varied and interesting. Also as someone who dislikes online learning, it is almost as if you have a teacher there in front of you. It's important for me to see the teacher's gestures, facial expressions, etc so as not to get bored or sidetracked. There is a range of individuals so even if you dislike one lecturer, it seems pretty easy to find another that you may enjoy or feel like you can connect with.

What do you dislike?

The price; it is pretty costly. If you already have a specific list of what you'd like to learn or are just startign a brand new business, it could be a very useful tool though. Especially if you've never taken any business courses in school or want to learn a totally new skill you have had no previous interest in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial they offer is great; it allows you to watch videos and understand the capabilities of lynda.com for 30 days so give it a shot!

Training; businesses spend a lot of money either training employees or paid more for employees that are already trained. By giving their employees access to Lynda.com, they can easy request them to watch particular courses or have them easy trained in a new field. This is great especially for small businesses who are looking to grow.

Lynda.com review by Gabriela M.
Gabriela M.

"Lynda provides a great experience as a learner!"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of courses there is, ranging from marketing to logistics. Also I like the fact that they give you a written transcript and a video. This makes it easier if you're a visual or hearing learner.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming the range of topics the website covers. It could be better assorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always browse through the website, this way you make sure you're taking advantage of all of its content.

I am developing and enriching different skills that are extremely helpful for my work environment. Also, this can be used as a helping plan for an employee lacking any type of skill in the workspace.

Lynda.com review by Elyse A.
Elyse A.

"Anything you're looking to learn... it's on Lynda"

What do you like best?

I enjoy learning through videos so I can pause, rewind, and even skip forward as needed. It allows the learner to control the pace, take notes, and absorb everything before moving on.

What do you dislike?

There is some inconsistency between topics. Some things are covered VERY in-depth, where even a beginner could pick it up... and others seem to start at a higher level already. There’s no real indication of expected skill level when you’re starting a series, so it can be confusing to pick through things to find one that suits your needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have just about everything on there, but it has been especially helpful for website building, learning CSS, and graphic design programs.

We're responsible for maintaining our own website and have used Lynda.com to learn how to do so.

Lynda.com review by Valerie W.
Valerie W.

"Perfect tool for learning quickly"

What do you like best?

I use Lynda.com to help achieve my professional development goals. It is expansive with different topics (any you can think of) and easy to follow instruction. I was able to pick up some really great tips on video editing and voice editing using GarageBand from Lynda. It made a intricate task so much easier

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike within Lynda.com. When I first started to use this software - I had a hard time finding what I needed. I can tell more and more content is being added into Lynda and that just makes the whole experience much better.

Professional development is achievable with Lynda.com - it is far less expensive that going to an offsite course and I like that I can stop/start again with the courses

"Lynda"

What do you like best?

I love how learning is made universal with Lynda. This reminds me of how educators used to value education not as a commodity.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into any problems with Lynda.com yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Lynda.com, it is important to know that you use it just like you might use Google (e.g., the same search rules apply). Therefore, it is relatively intuitive. Also, all of the things that I have looked into (e.g., using SPSS, R, Tableau, Microsoft Access) have had good information. In other words, I don't feel as though the information I am receiving, while at lower cost than taking a traditional course, is lesser. This is a wonderful tool that has been provided to me by my university, and from a user standpoint talking to the organization that I am a part of, I would love for them to continue investing in this product, so that students can grab all the tools they can while they are receiving their degree, and stick them in their tool box. The most you invest in learning now, the more prepared you will be for a variable world.

There is always a need to continue one's education, especially in our technology/digital age. There are always newer and better softwares and methodologies emerging, and in order to get ahead, one needs to be aware of such trends. The problem of "continuing education at a low cost" is the point of discussion here. Anyone can learn just about anything they can think of in an accessible way!

Lynda.com review by User in Internet

"Continuing Education in the Workplace"

What do you like best?

I like that Lynda offers the ability to use as much or as little of a course as you might need. I have benefited from all of their levels of coursework (learning tracks, courses, and individual videos from within a course). Often, I don't need an entire course, but a refresher on a topic or a glimpse into what a colleague is doing so that I can better assist them.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is that there aren't many tiers in their payment options. I'd like it if they offered a middle ground between the basic and premium versions where I can pay slightly more for the downloadable coursework but not for the mobile and class downloading capabilities

We use Lynda to supplement our own trainings and to bring individuals into new roles in the company. I have used it to learn new best practices in marketing and database management.

Lynda.com review by Brittani S.
Brittani S.

"Don't know something Learn how here!"

What do you like best?

I like the sheer volume of Lynda.com offerings. One could literally learn a new vocation while using it to improve skills at an old vocation. It's easy access, use, and understand.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that unless you know exactly what you're looking for, the offerings can be a bit jumbled. For instance, if i k now I want to improve my skills in how I navigate Outlook, I could probably use some search terms that would allow me to find most programming related to that program, however, if I wanted to learn a certain kind of animation software, and would choose the program based off of information I gathered from them, but didn't know where to start, I feel like I'd have to waste a lot of time watching videos until I hoped to come across something I could use, as opposed to them all being kept in a section related to that subject.

It's definitely helped me better understand certain Microsoft products, as well as has been a time and money saver, as far as

Lynda.com review by TIFFANY H.
TIFFANY H.

"Happy Learners!"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to continue my education without having to pay the enormous costs of tuition! The options are endless on what you can learn. I have loved watching these videos and being able to follow along through the process. This is a great program and would definitely recommend this for agencies, personal accounts and students! Great handy tool to use!

What do you dislike?

There truthfully isn't much that I don't like. I love that you can pause, because sometimes the videos can be lengthy but they also break them up in sections which is super nice. That way you don't have to sit down for one huge session!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We all love using Lynda at our office! It is easy to use and we are all able to learn new skills that are helping us improve and growing our knowledge in our field of work! Great program for sure. I hope to be a longtime user and learn more and more as I further my career.

I am furthering my education on graphic design at my current job. If a client wants something specific that I don't know how to create, I usually am able to go to Lynda.com and learn the tools that I need to be able to make the client happy and provide them the service they want! Also we are able to use this program together as an agency and has made everyone come together in learning!

Lynda.com review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Good Selection of Courses"

What do you like best?

There is a good selection of courses to choose from. The courses are self-paced, making it easy to stop and start at your leisure. Discounted pricing for Education based on number of subscribers.

What do you dislike?

Pricing model. I work for a University and my team was offered this for about $200/year each. Ownership and pricing changed and the University decided not to renew. It would be nice to see the courses offered individually for a fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda.com is a good training option if you can commit to taking several courses per year or your organization offers it as part of a company wide benefit. If you are a paying for it on your own or considering it as a small business I would take a look at Udemy which offers training courses in an App store format allowing you to choose a course, read the reviews, and purchase (many for under $20). With Udemy you own the course and can always refer back to it. No subscription fees.

One of my first courses was an Introductory course to AWS. While there were a few examples that could have been improved, it was a rapidly changing environment at the time and this course offered the basic skills necessary to host a servers, utilize storage, and navigate the environment.

Lynda.com review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Lynda for continuous improvement"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Lynda allows for an individual to continuously improve themselves and their team. The use of playlists has helped me, as a manager, create compelling learning agendas that have greatened the knowledge base of my team and peers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Lynda can, at times, have outdated content. They do a good job at trying to remain up to date, however, some of the software Lynda courses can be for outdated versions. For instance, there is a Microsoft excel 2011 course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly reccomend this product as it keeps intellegence an ongoing thing. There is not a cap to how many Lynda courses one can take and that makes it invaluable.

We've solved for keeping an environment for continuous improvement and an environment that advocates for learning. This is key to keeping talent fresh and top of the market.

Lynda.com review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Insanely detailed and great for jumping in head-first"

What do you like best?

Lynda is great if you're starting completely from square one. They go over in great detail the interface of whichever software you're trying to learn, provide exercise files so you can follow along, and even give you a transcript of the lesson if you're more of a reader than a listener. They break up their lessons by experience level, making it easy to figure out where you should start.

What do you dislike?

Lynda is definitely better suited to learning how a piece of software works, but not as much for learning specific techniques. For those I find you're better off looking up something close to what you want to do on Youtube and fitting it to what you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda should be your first stop on the road to learning a piece of software.

At my job, we are constantly having to learn new tools and software to make sure we're at the top of our ability. Lynda is an outstanding resource for this and invaluable if you work with lots of creative software.

Lynda.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Lynda.com is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com is so easy to use and the content is fantastic. I was very skeptical at first, but was totally blown away. The content is super high quality and engaging. It keeps your attention and helps you to advance your skills in a way that many training videos cannot. It's very easy to use, navigate and find relevant content.

What do you dislike?

It can almost be overwhelming if basic content is not curated into recommendations. We have to create playlists in order for employees to get started. Once they're started and getting used to Lynda.com, they adopt it and love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have recommended content to help employees get used to the system. Periodically recommend additional training videos or series throughout each year to ensure continue engagement of Lynda.com by employees. Encourage employees to check out the vast array of trainings, even those that are not directly relevant to your business.

Lynda.com helps us solve the problem of continuously providing employees training opportunities and options that fit their busy schedules. Lynda.com allows us to choose basic, company-wide content but then keeps employees interested through the wide variety of trainings.

Lynda.com review by Daniel J. S.
Daniel J. S.

"Lynda, my best friend"

What do you like best?

I love how many different videos there are on any given piece of software. it is easy to find other people who do tutorials for software if you do not resonate with one tutor.

structured courses is another very good positive.

What do you dislike?

nothing, i love it. it would help if they had more variations of tutors I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

focus on learning one product at a time. follow along with the exersize files.

I 'm learning how to use Adobe CC products that I need for work assignments. it helps me figure out on the fly certain things i do not know. the tutorials allow me to be more productive and efficient.

"Excellent continuing education"

What do you like best?

Up-to-date training on in-demand job skills. Intuitive interface makes it easy to find courses. Notes feature is extremely helpful for tracking ideas and questions while watching. The "paths" feature organizes useful course content in one place.

What do you dislike?

Because of the technical nature of the skills, the information can become outdated quickly. I'd like to see a way for updates to be noted (perhaps by other students) so that the information stays current longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great option for continuing education across a wide range of fields. Lynda would also be a good choice for small business owners (or those looking to start a small business) who would like to do certain jobs themselves.

I've been able to grow my freelance business by learning skills that appeal to various clients. I've also retained clients because I'm able to quickly find the information I need to handle expanded job responsibilities.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent on-demand library for self-motivated learning"

What do you like best?

Professional development opportunities are virtually endless with Lynda.com. And, because it is a Linked In company, the benefit goes beyond the acquired knowledge. Once a course is completed, you will have the option to share that in your Linked In profile, as a badge or proof that skills are not simply listed, but they have been acquired through on-demand video courses verified by Linked In.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have not come across a negative feature yet. I use this as a supplement to conferences or when there is a skill that I need to quickly become familiar with or brush up on. However, this may be a challenging resource for those who find it hard to be self-motivated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda.com is an amazing platform for those who are self-motivated to learn and / or have busy schedules that prevent them from attending traditional courses and professional development conferences. While I have only used content related to my functional area, I suggest having some level of familiarity with the topics before diving into some of the more advanced courses.

Lynda.com is a user-friendly way of facilitating professional development. The course content is divided into small sections that are easy to process, and it can be stopped and resumed on demand, which is very convenient with work schedules that can be difficult to plan around. This is a much more convenient and cost effective option than attending a professional development conference.

"Lynda.com Review"

What do you like best?

There is a wide selection of courses available as well as a selection of tailored skill paths. I have taken a number of courses with Lynda.com over the years and have found it to be of the highest quality, compared with a number other sites available.

Very seldom do I run into the scenario where a skill I am looking to develop is not at least in some what available through lynda.

Unlike other course, they do stick with a few in-house authors, a number of them I have become quite familiar with as they are the ones offering the courses in the technologies I am most interested in.

What do you dislike?

Memberships are expensive and there is a need for the course designers to work on the quiz structure. Also, the interface is quite laggy so they should work on that. This will definitely make it more mainstream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend you to give it a try. Might suit you if you find some way to bear its expenses. Worth a try.

I use it at SJSU to help my student workers learn new courses and enhance their knowledge. The University pays for their account. A great asset for the student employees.

"Lynda.com Review"

What do you like best?

Being part of a relatively large education firm there is usually a need to help students learn new courses in an affordable and trusted way. This website has given so much access to such a wide range of courses for such a relatively small amount of money is amazing. My students just love how easy it is to set up an account and learn valuable skills.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not a lot to dislike. I'd like to see some smaller, shorter courses on web tools, such as Composer, Grunt, etc., There are a lot of new services and tools, and, while they're not big, they still have a learning curve, and many tutorials are sorely lacking, which makes these things really difficult to figure out. There are quite a few courses that are old and outdated, which should be refreshed. Other than that I think that it is really beneficial for my students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend to professionals mainly in the education area. A great and affordable tool for students to expand their skills.

I work at Rice University as a teaching assistant and mentor to undergraduate engineering students who like to add more skills in their bag and learn new thing. Lynda.com has proved beneficial in aiding my students.

Lynda.com review by Jason R.
Jason R.

"Love lynda.com"

What do you like best?

Great in-depth videos on a variety of subject that help personal and professional growth. It has helped me learn web design and devlopment, photography, increase my knowledge of Microsoft products just to name a few.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't any thing I dislike but sometimes it seems like there might be too many videos and I feel like I can't keep up. I used to dislike the fact that I couldn't watch videos offline or on Roku but both of those are options now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

lynda.com was a great service when I started using it over 5 years ago. It still is great but since it was acquired by LinkedIn it has become much more watered down. There are still great videos available on a variety of subject to help with personal and professional development

I am increasing my professional growth by learning different aspects of technology and marketing

Lynda.com review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Good place to train"

What do you like best?

The best feature is a large number of topics available for training. The instructors are really good as well. I also like that there are a lot of quizzes available after every topic on which you can quiz yourself.

What do you dislike?

Although there is not much to dislike about Lynda.com, I would say that it does have a lot of bugs. The videos tend to lag a lot and it does not work well on many browsers. Lynda.com is also quite expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good website but quite expensive

To train new employees and take a few pieces of training myself. It is a great website with rich content.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Lynda.com helps employees move forward in their careers "

What do you like best?

Our company gives access to Lynda.com training courses for all employees. It was a fantastic resource for training in a wide variety of topics. The learning paths are a great feature to help guide which courses would be helpful in specific areas.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find relevant courses. The certifications are not always helpful and can seem like they are not legitimate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that the content is in line with your organization and your employees will be able to find relevant courses for their line of work.

Employee engagement is a huge benefit for our organization and this is something we can offer to everyone and give employees an opportunity to grow in their field or help them to discover new strengths and area of improvement. We hope to increase the usage of this product and look for better performance results, higher engagement and longevity with the company.

Lynda.com review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"The perfect online trainer for any needs"

What do you like best?

I like it because with this I have been able to actually learn as I work. The ease of having a personal trainer wherever you are is a big plus in this product. You can learn anything from a professional anywhere from you phone or computer.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything. I like everything Lynda.com has to offer. There could be more quizzing options and hands on bigger test projects to make it 100% perferct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people considering Lynda I just want to say this. If you are thinking about hiring a professionl-personal trainer that can come to your house or anywhere you are and train you on anything you need to learn for personal achievement or your own job then you need Lynda. I have learned from drone photography to really advanced programming for web developing.

Currently instead of problems, Lynda.com is helping us to actually solve some issues. Some of the people that get hired by our department come with some missing skills. We arrange a few courses even for our own selves and get training in new technologies.

Lynda.com review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Lynda.com has hugely improved my professiona life"

What do you like best?

I can't speak highly enough of Lynda.com. I use both for my own professional development and to create training "playlists" for the people who work on my team. It's an easy tool that provides a wide variety of quality content. We're lucky to be able to access it.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not a single thing I don't like about Lynda.com. It is one of my very favorite tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend giving Lynda.com a try if you need quality supplemental ad hoc training.

We use Lynda.com to provide ad hoc training. Right now, I am using it to work on my PMP PDUs.

Lynda.com review by User in Computer Software

"Never ending opportunities to learn"

What do you like best?

The vast amount of topics and resources available, with the ability to consume the classes in bite-sized pieces. You can always find the time to learn something.

What do you dislike?

What I see as a positive, I also see as a somewhat negative. There are so many classes to participate in, that this can become quite overwhelming if you don't have a goal in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the overwhelming amount of content, I would definitely set some learning goals and then select the classes that help accomplish those goals. Its too easy to get down the rabbit hole with the many options available (which is a positive also).

Cost-effective way to learn. Access to resources when you need them, you don't have to wait for a class. The ability to practice what is being presented. We're also considering making this a benefit for individual team members.

"Lynda.com review"

What do you like best?

There are such a wide variety of different classes available. I don't have a traditional business background, so it was helpful to get an introduction to accounting and finance. They have a lot of practical classes such as how to use Excel to run stats. The classes are self-paced so you can do it whenever, and are not a huge time commitment.

What do you dislike?

The variety is great but there is almost too much available. It's somewhat hard to decide what to take, especially when time is limited. There is a subscription fee, which may be a hindrance to some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great breadth, good self-paced options

I used it as an intro to more detailed classes I am taking in grad school. It helped me to gain working knowledge, to understand jargon and overall concepts, and serves as a good foundation for further coursework. I'm gaining practical knowledge for the workplace!

Lynda.com review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"Excellent resource for advancing skills"

What do you like best?

I like the in-depth courses that give you a great walkthrough of the topic. Longer videos covering more specific skills are helpful, and I like the fact that most teachers are professionals currently working in the fields.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to find courses that are the best fit for what you're looking to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees who are looking for more training in areas that are new to them, this is a great way to bootstrap that!

We are gaining professional, tangible skills without needing to leave the office. It's really handy to be able to jump in and out of videos as you have time.

Lynda.com review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Your secret weapon"

What do you like best?

The vast amount of different courses is incredible. There is literally nothing you cannot learn on this website, and so far all courses have been great. Lynda boasts some very helpful features, like the option to take notes next to the screen, 20-second rewind and you can also choose full screen or read along with the transcript. I noticed that especially the tech related courses are updated regularly to keep up with the frequent advancements in technology.

What do you dislike?

The "learning path feature" is not always helpful. This feature is supposed to give users the ability to chose a goal or profession they are interested in, and Lynda puts together a number of courses to achieve this goal. Unfortunately, the order in which courses are listed can be confusing, as some courses are way too advanced to fit within the learning path.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the learning path feature. Provide test centers so users can get real certifications.

Constant continuing education.

Lynda.com review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Learn anything that peaks your interest!"

What do you like best?

Lynda has a very large library of courses. It's the perfect tool to use whenever I need to learn a new skill or program. The course instructors start off from ground zero and help you advance to a deeper understanding of whatever topic peaks your interest. Also, courses typically offer downloadable files that you can use as you follow along with the instructor.

What do you dislike?

Most of the courses and pretty long. But I guess that's just me being impatient. Learning a new skill doesn't happen instantaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off simple. Maybe make a playlist of videos just to visualize that you want to accomplish. ALso, be sure to watch the videos that meet you skill level.

I've used Lynda to nail down and segment my email campaigns. Also learn how to manage and run multiple Adobe programs and Goggle Analytics/AdWords.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Fantastic tutorials on professional software and skills"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com offers tutorials for programming, business, design, marking, web, photographer, video and other professional software and skills. You can search tutorials based on key words. They offer beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for learners at every stage. Many of the tutorials include exercise materials that you can download at the beginning of the tutorial so users can follow along with the instructor to get hands on experience.

What do you dislike?

While the courses are great learning tools, it's not always intuitive how the course instructors acquired data. For example, I recently took a course on Social Network Analysis in R, but the instructor didn't indicate where the data we were working with would come from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for life-long learners who are looking for ways to improve their professional skills and software proficiency!

Lynda.com has given me the tools to improve my software proficiency in analysis techniques on my own time and terms. Lynda courses have taught me how to execute statistical methods that are still considered new in my field.

"Horrible Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The actual content is very good. Tons of topics.

What do you dislike?

Customer service does not answer back promptly, would not give me a quote for a grad school project and tried to get me to tell my school to buy a subscription for the entire college. Gave me a customer service number to call after refusing to give me a quote. I had to submit a quote request 3 times. Very rude and not helpful. None of their enterprise pricking is online, so they are not a transparent company at all. Probably trying to make shady deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not let them BS you will the sales tactics. Ask for a quote with specifics or tell them to take a hike if they do not give direct answers.

Professional Development.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Cool place to learn more"

What do you like best?

I actually like how it is better than other study oriented websites in the sense that this has quizzes and certifications at the end as well, which can actually be used in work environment. The instructors are good and the course modules are very organized.

What do you dislike?

The videos are very buggy at times because I have noticed that sometimes I would try to play a video, but it would not buffer and just reach the end by itself. That problem occurred even when I restarted my laptop, so I would say that the software needs some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get to the tech support for lynda to see if you have issues in playing the videos like I did.

I use it for marketing techniques and even for some ways I can improve my teaching style for various students like the VARK techniques etc.c

Lynda.com review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Learning Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Industry professionals teaching you. These are people already doing what they're teaching you; people from big businesses you can Google.

What do you dislike?

In order to learn some programs and complete the training, you have to already have the software. Sometimes you want to learn before you buy, and that doesn't make it easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Owned by LinkedIn, I suggest you use this as a business tool to help supplement your employee training. Can be most useful for computer software and business idea training.

Any new software we introduce or if anyone around the office wants to learn something better, we can always refer to Lynda. Updates to software are no longer a nightmare!!

Lynda.com review by Rachael O.
Rachael O.

"Great learning tool!"

What do you like best?

This website has helped me continue my education in Marketing! With the ever changing industry, this is a great tool to have at your finger tips when you want to advance in knowledge. I learned so much about SEO using Lynda.com!

What do you dislike?

I don't have enough time to get through all the videos! There is not enough time in the day to watch everything I want to watch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if you want to continue to advance in your industry! Invest in this for your employees!

I have continued to advance my career from using this tool!

"LYNDA.COM"

What do you like best?

There are a ton of videos to watch and learn something from, when you complete any course you can add it to your LinkedIn account and potential jobs may become available due to this.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything as of yet that I dislike about LYNDA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth it to get this service, there is so much to learn at LYNDA. You can easily maneuver around the site and watch any video whenever you like. The courses vary from easy to advanced and there are just so many different subjects to choose from.

Training is a big thing with Canon, the ability to train in multiple different subjects at the same time or at your own leisure is big. Very easy to figure out where you last left off, and you can always pause and come back to anything easily.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Lynda lends a hand with learning!"

What do you like best?

Lynda has a variety of subject matter from tech to marketing to design, from education to film to music, anything you want to learn as at the tip of your fingers. Regardless of what your interests are, Lynda seems to have people in mind.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to decide which videos are going to be the most useful. While the video will show you length, proficiency level, and views, I find it difficult to just "pick one" since there are so many videos that appear similar to the subject you want to learn. The downside is that you could spend hours watching videos before finding one that works for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend a little while watching videos until you find one that clicks with how you learn. While you're doing that, enjoy the fact that you're soaking up information like a sponge.

I'm not looking to solve business problems with Lynda, however, it is a great tool for professional development, and can be used to easily bring employees up to speed on content you want them to know.

Lynda.com review by Cassie G.
Cassie G.

"LinkedIn Learning Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Lynda makes it easy for me to brush up on skills I haven't used in a while or learn totally new skills easily! Courses are easy to navigate and skip sections where I already feel like my knowledge is sufficient, and skill levels make it easy to establish if my initial understanding is sufficient.

What do you dislike?

I absorb knowledge better by reading, highlighting and underlining text, so it is difficult for me to feel like I thoroughly comprehend video training, but there are transcripts and a special section for notes that help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starting with a skill I had some prior knowledge of helped me get a feel for how to use and interact with Lynda.

My office does not always offer a lot of professional development opportunities, so Lynda lets me explore different areas of growth that I find interesting!

Lynda.com review by Gaoxiang Z.
Gaoxiang Z.

"An free online course website, especially courses on how to use common computer tools"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com offers me an opportunity to learn basic tools in computer science, such as C++, python, R as well as some fundamental business skills including excel, powerpoint. This website is quite useful for freshman in their career path or these who just enter college. In my institution, It is free to enterprise account.

What do you dislike?

There is no "recitation" sections or some discussion panel for the learners to reinforce their learning process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda.com is definitely something you should refer to when you are going to learn something to survive in the information era. It almost cover all the skills you should learn.

I have learn a lot of basic skills, which almost cover all computer areas, from coding to photograph, from accounting to business.

Lynda.com review by Kaylee A.
Kaylee A.

"Learning at your own pace"

What do you like best?

The variety of options for accessing and following courses (videos, video transcripts, computer downloads, streaming on TV, etc.) and also the breadth of topics that are covered.

What do you dislike?

It is geared mostly towards the sciences and social sciences (and computer software), but it would be great if their were more humanities topics incorporated into the courses offered

I am using Lynda.com to refresh my memory on topics that I haven't encountered in a long time, and also to teach myself basic economics and statistical analysis to assist me in my current research.

Lynda.com review by User in Internet

"Virtual Classroom Education"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com provides access to a wide range of videos and documentation that teaches you how to perform various functions, it’s ready made library of lessons is easy to sort through, find and is professionally executed.

The application for a tablet or Windows computer enables you to download the lessons to work through in an environment that does not have access to the internet.

What do you dislike?

I’ve had a couple of instances where the application has required access to the internet in order to authenticate that my license was valid, it kind of defeats the point.

The lessons expire after a certain amount of time from your computer.

Rather than just reading, I’ve been able to undertake visual lessons on things such as Basecamp, Facebook Ads and Google Analytics.

Lynda.com review by Colleen S.
Colleen S.

"Lynda.com is next best thing to in-class learning!"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface, the quality of classes and the breadth of educational opportunities.

What do you dislike?

The account part of lynda.com has been a bit quirky over the years. There's not been an option to resubscribe early - I've had to get a gift subscription and work with customer service to add it. Otherwise, no real issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usability is good, value for the money is amazing and their library is deep. I would highly recommend setting aside time weekly - if not daily - to complete classes. It's easy to get distracted but for $300-375 a year, there's a LOT you can learn. Go after it!

Keeping up to date on marketing tools (adwords, SEO, google analytics) has never been easier!

Lynda.com review by Abby P.
Abby P.

"An excellent way to learn how to use software"

What do you like best?

There are so many topics to choose from. I've used it to learn software, but you can also gain skills in coding, marketing, and lots of other topics I haven't explored. The videos are so helpful, and it's easy to get what you need because you can select specific videos or take a whole course. It's great that they provide the transcript for the videos, too.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any complaints. I would say it's expensive, but my public library pays for a subscription so I can use it for free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best tool I've used for watching training videos and learning new tech skills. I've tried TreeHouse, and I prefer Lynda.

Learning how to use software is expensive, and if you didn't study it in school, you could feel lost. I've used it to learn Adobe products, which I use every day in marketing.

Lynda.com review by Victor T.
Victor T.

"Wow can literally learn any skill "

What do you like best?

Great selection of courses to learn from. I like that it is tailored for professionals so no weird distractions or random topics.

What do you dislike?

Can't complain, the courses are taught by experts and professionals in their field. Production quality is high. Maybe there could be better organization for individual accounts when it comes to saving videos and bookmarking videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there is a lot of material on this site so be sure to really focus on the topics that are relevant for you

Continued learning and updating work/professional skills.

"A useful training tool"

What do you like best?

I like that Lynda.com has training videos available on a wide variety of topics. I also enjoy the fact that you can set up playlists for your employees that are specific to the needs of your department and/or team.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using this platform for employee training/skill building.

Lynda.com is helping us to build teamwork within our department, helps our staff enhance their current skills and expanding their knowledge base on other topics, as well as tips/tools for fostering communication across departments and our entire organization. Our company recently switched CRM platforms from Oracle to Salesforce, and many of the training videos on Lynda.com were utilized to help our team learn how to use the new software.

Lynda.com review by Liz C.
Liz C.

"Incredibly Informative"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of topics best. Lynda.com has a wide array of information that fits most of my needs.

What do you dislike?

There's not necessarily anything that I dislike. We use it often at my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great resource. It is also integrated into our library system which makes it even easier to access.

Whenever I have a question about a software I am using or a new field I'm interested in I use these videos for anything from a broad overview to very specific software tasks.

Lynda.com review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Impossibly convenient, useful and user friendly"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the vast number of topics and details available on a single program or app. It's like YouTube for professionals and students.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I will say the last few times I used it, the search was long because I was looking for a walk-through on a very specific feature of a program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The value of such a resource is inestimable. If you utilize a number of processes, programs, or apps, I highly recommend you try it out for a month. This would also be very useful for training new hires.

It's great for refreshing your memory on a program you don't use every day. It saves man hours by keeping you from stumbling through an unfamiliar task.

Lynda.com review by Jahin M.
Jahin M.

"The site for short but amazing courses "

What do you like best?

Lynda provides short range to mid range courses over a wide variety of tooocs. It’s helpful to learn skills in a short time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses could’ve taught better if hands in tutorials are provided. Or a link to a more detailed explanation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this site if you are looking for a crash course in improving certain skills.

I’m doing online courses to enhance my skills as a Computer science student.

It’s beneficial when I want to learn a skill in a few days.

Lynda.com review by Niño A.
Niño A.

"Easy to Learn"

What do you like best?

When I was a new or beginner as a programmer, my Team Leader recommended me to watch the video in the lynda.com ofcourse I watch them and start to learn on and everything has been describe and easy to understand as what the host speak.

What do you dislike?

hmmm well some of the video didn't have a zoom in or when they specify something in video they must have highlights on that one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well if you want to learn using video try this product and let see if you understand comfortably

well of course when I didn't know all about the program or making a system then when I started to watch this videos I learn a lot and because this product brings me a right path.

Lynda.com review by Gail I.
Gail I.

"Comprehensive Learning Web Site"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com has training on a multitude of topics from software to academic. One of the best features is that you can subscribe to the entire site, which gives you an abundance of resources.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the individual cost can be prohibitive. As an institution the costs are more reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent resource for both the classroom and employees.

We have used it for classes and courses that teach the software. The videos and step- by-step training are great for online classes.

Lynda.com review by Kaitlyn B.
Kaitlyn B.

"Cannot Recommend Highly Enough"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com was a life-changer for me by allowing me to investigate different areas of technology that captured my interest. We live in an age that demands we choose our career paths by 18 years old, when we have had so little opportunity to simply search around because there's so much money on the line. I've heard people complain that Lynda is expensive at $25 a month - but let me tell you that for $25 a month, I was able to leave college, saving who knows how many thousands of dollars, after teaching myself a profitable trade that truly held my interest. I am 21 years old, a successful web developer in a major city, not crushed under the burden of student loans, and learning more every day - all for $25 a month.

What I like best about Lynda is that it is almost limitless. There are so many areas of study, so many high quality courses, and so many great resources all at my fingertips. I never have to stop learning. I never stagnate. Each day, I have more job security than the last because I am immersing myself in knowledge.

My boss asked me the other day if I knew Adobe Edge Animate. I responded that I did not, but with a few hours on Lynda, I'm sure I could. My boss laughed and responded, "You know, I think you're about a few Lynda courses away from conquering the world."

I couldn't have said it better. We're all just a few Lynda courses away from a new and bright future doing something we really love in the up-and-coming field of technology (and business, too).

I truly believe that all you need to succeed in life is a little determination, some commitment, and a Lynda subscription. There's no limit to what you can do with those three things.

What do you dislike?

If there were anything I could improve about Lynda, it would only be adding a more personal touch. One thing that traditional education offers that e-learning struggles to provide is personal interaction with your teachers (e.g. office hours). It would be great if Lynda could provide some sort of online "office hours" for their dedicated students who are struggling with a concept.

It would also be interesting if Lynda could add some exam feature by which you could test your knowledge in a subject. A sort of optional "final" for each course that would allow users to gauge whether they adequately absorbed the knowledge of the course and see if they needed to rewatch the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Lynda a try. Mindfully budget your time towards it. Find something you think is interesting and learn about it. If you get halfway through and find out you're not interested in that subject after all, drop it and find another one that makes you want to never stop watching and learning. Pursue that and grow your skill set. Never stop learning.

Lynda has allowed me to become an in-demand web developer with a wide range of skills from UX design to Rails development for a low monthly subscription rate. I owe my career to Lynda.

As for the benefits I have realized, to name a few: a great salaried job, increased job security, $20,000+ in student loans I didn't have to take out, and - though it may sound cheesy - a happier life. I am a much, much happier person since Lynda allowed me a path to success outside the brutal engineering college I was attending and gave me the opportunity to explore and find out what I love and then pursue it professionally.

Lynda.com review by Brett J.
Brett J.

"Learning made easy!"

What do you like best?

Let's face it, the whole world is moving to an online method. Lynda.com is the best thing for knowledge transfer and learning since the overall invention of the internet. Learn what you want, as often as you want, entirely at your own pace. Excellent quality lessons available for all shapes and sizes of use-cases.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I've yet to discover a feature/function within Lynda.com that I'm not on board with. Very user-friendly, easy to use, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Phenomenal learning portal for such a vast array of use-cases. Anything ranging from marketing ideas and concepts to programming and software development (and many courses in between) have been paramount for ensuring teams of all departments are up to par with industry standards, with easy access to more and more content helping to become even more of an expert for a particular use-case.

Learning something new is the only way to maintain being on the cutting edge of what the world is capable of. There are vast amounts of courses and seminars for the taking, helping people of any background and comfort zone, able to learn, fine-tune, excel at various programs/applications/etc.

Lynda.com review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Marketing Manager - Learning With Lynda! "

What do you like best?

Being part of a relatively small marketing department there is usually a need to get hands on with a fairly diverse range of tools / software or even getting more stuck in with the business planning process so access to such a wide range of courses for such a relatively small amount of money is amazing!

What do you dislike?

Nothing particularly. Course / Instructor quality can be hit and miss occasionally. The library of non software related tutorials is constantly growing but it could grow faster I guess. Some sort of tie in with official industry bodies for certification would be cool too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It isn't just photoshop tutorials! If you work in an office, have anything to with running a business or just use a computer, pretty much whatever you do there will be some level of tutorial available on lynda.com. Yeah you could probably hunt around on youtube for a free guide to a specific feature of some software or look for a free training course somewhere, but if you find yourself doing that with any sort of frequency having all of that information in one place and being (usually) guaranteed a certain level of professional quality.... its totally worth it.

When formal training isn't an option for what ever reason Lynda usually has it covered!

Lynda.com review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Lynda - excellent for covering the basics"

What do you like best?

As someone who makes training as part of their living, Lynda.com is an amazing resource. With a lot of creative training the artist can take over and demonstrate their workflows rather than the basics, which can be counterproductive (and expensive in terms of time and money). Lynda offers training which may seem basic but it covers the essentials which is what is needed a lot of the time. Also the training is usually in short bite sized segments making it easier to process. The range of viewing options is great, from phone to TV and as a system Lynda is by far the smoothest that I have used,

What do you dislike?

Naturally not all applications are covered, and some training is a lot more up to date than others. Also the quality of the training can vary and some of the learning paths seem esoteric to a discipline rather than a specific application. Also not all the application training elements are consistent across versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't dismiss Lynda as the basic option, if you are already a skilled user in one application in a sector and want to switch to another, Lynda with its no nonsense and straightforward training may well be the best place to start. Try and go through a course in the trail period to see if like me you can see how subscribing to Lynda would be of benefit to you and your business.

Broadening skill sets and application toolset while reinforcing core skills

Lynda.com review by Reme L.
Reme L.

"Very good source of quality learning materials"

What do you like best?

In my time with them I have only needed to contact support once and the response was timeouts and rite on the ball, no need for any back and forth and I most certainly did not have to explain it to them like children.

What do you dislike?

At this point the only thing I could possibly dislike is the code editor they have implemented, but in their defense it is a beta addition so it is still a work in progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, I often recommend it to friends and coworkers as I myself have learned a lot from Lynda over the years, my most recent subscription is part of a corporate package that our company provides us with.

Lynda solves the problem of a shortage of quality, structured information, while there are many sources available online, Lynda is often one of the easiest to learn from and is at least recognized in so way by many tech companies.

Lynda.com review by Paige C.
Paige C.

"Lynda.com review for real estate professional"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access through my linkedin account. However, I find that that is all I really like about the program.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot of variety for my line of work. I find that the classes don't really teach me anything I didn't already know. I think they should increase the difficulty of the classes and make it worth while to sit through the videos. I find that I feel like I wasted time learning absolutely nothing. Bummed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend more in depth classes and coursework. really challenge people to get them into using the programs on a daily basis. Make classes worthwhile, offer certifications.

I am a real estate administration professional. I want to learn more about my field as well as marketing and social media, however, i don't feel like the courses are beneficial to my line of work.

Lynda.com review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"Lynda.com is an excellent tool for learning new skills"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com curates professional, quality tutorials and videos from individuals who enjoy helping others learn and understand the subject matter. It is easy to find a new skill to learn. The content within each course is broken down in manageable chunks so that it is easy to digest.

What do you dislike?

I've primarily completed programming type courses. It would be nice if there were an integrated space within the site for me to practice some of the coding without requiring me to purchase/download/install additional software. It is also expensive, but paid for by my employer.

Lynda.com offers the ability to learn new skills and refresh old ones at your own pace.

I've been able to brush up programming skills and learn best practices from experienced professionals.

Lynda.com review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Excellent go-to resource for a startup founder, to develop skills in variety of areas."

What do you like best?

As a startup founder, one is expected to be a master of many critical functions. From marketing, sales, product development, user experience, and many other. Lynda.com has your back. The quality of courses are excellent, specifically topics covering leadership skills, conflict management is really top notch.

What do you dislike?

The subscription cost is really high for a startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Lynda.com, to anyone who can afford its subscription fees. I wish there was a startup pricing.

Being a startup founder is hard, and you are expected to be a master of varied skills. This makes it imperative, that you keep learning new skills, and upgrading them as often as possible. From SEO, UI/UX, to soft skills. Lynda.com is a great resource for every founder.

Lynda.com review by Christopher J. N.
Christopher J. N.

"Very helpful tutorials in learning about video editing techniques"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy to follow the videos were. I also liked the variety of tutorial videos that were available.

What do you dislike?

Not much honestly. I guess the price for a full subscription was a little out of my range but my employer paid for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda offers so many different types of resources for learning. I only had the opportunity to tap into some of the available tools for video editing but there are endless resources available. I highly recommend for anyone that is a visual learner but does not have access to classroom type learning sessions. The online experience is great!

I use it primarily for quick tutorials on how to do certain things within the video editing software I use.

Lynda.com review by Lee L.
Lee L.

"Lynda.com is Awesome for anyone who wants to better their career or learn something new!"

What do you like best?

They offer just a massive amount of different courses, with great quality videos that teach you a huge variety of different skills that can and will benefit your career. Plus, you can do it on your own time wherever you may be at. I've used it on my laptop, ipad, and phone with no complaints

What do you dislike?

Pricing difference between standard vs. premium. Honestly, I feel like the practice files should be considered standard. Plus, there are a few course where you don't even need practice files, so it is not worth the money. Other than that, I've never ran into any issues with Lynda.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to become awesome at what you do, or have your team learn new skills, then I highly recommend at least trying Lynda.com. Especially when you factor in the pricing. I've been to learning events that cost my company over $1200 to go to only to learn very little. With Lynda, there are very little limitations on what you can choose to learn, plus you can do it on your own time.

Learning new skills that have helped further my career. Lynda.com has even improved skills that people rarely think about, such as Presentation skills and Presentation design. It's also helped me learn several different software skills that i had very little experience with after college, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator

Lynda.com review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Its really good! If only price was lower!"

What do you like best?

I liked their customer service most! I entered wrong email id and it was chaos after that! I couldn't log in and I was being charged for it. So I called them and asked to change my email id and a refund, they were really helpful and I also got my trial period back.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is higher and it can be lowered by letting us decide what category I want to sign up for. Like I want to learn a particular software and I would like to pay to learn only that one. So I will have to pay let's say $10 only instead of $25-30 per month.

It's useful to learn software.

Lynda.com review by Stephany W.
Stephany W.

"Lynda.com is a great tool "

What do you like best?

Lynda.com is a great tool for training in a wide variety of topics including adobe programs used for creative projects and time management skills that are useful for increasing productivity

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy the exercises included with some of the video trainings, I just wish there were more exercises available and for all videos

I am able to complete more creative projects thanks to the Lynda.com trainings, and have been able to gain information related to time management and team building.

Lynda.com review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"An Invaluable Resource"

What do you like best?

It's an excellent resource for learning almost anything you can think of. I find it indespensable.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend lynda.com all the time. It's a little more expensive than some of the other options, but it's totally worth it.

I'm learning new skills all the time. I was hired to do some SEM work and didn't know a lot about it, so I fired up Lynda and took a couple SEO courses. I now have 3 clients paying me for work I didn't know how to do a couple of months ago, which has expanded my skill set and now, my business.

Lynda.com review by Anthony M.
Anthony M.

"Using Lynda.com at Nonprofit for software training"

What do you like best?

Our creative staff were able to watch training videos on video editing, photo editing and graphic design from the comfort of their own offices, at a time that worked best for them. Lynda.com also updates the videos frequently to include training for new features once software is added to programs (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign updates). You can go at your own pace, and there is even a mobile version.

What do you dislike?

With such an extensive library, it's sometimes uncertain where to start a training path on a particular topic or software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth the price.

We are able to stay up to date with the latest version of our software, and we get training on numerous subjects — from professional design programs to some best business practices. It's much more effective than organizing a group training on site.

Lynda.com review by User in Security and Investigations
User in Security and Investigations

"Great online courses in a variety of topics"

What do you like best?

I've used Lynda.com to learn how to use photo editing tools such as Photoshop and Lightroom. They offer a huge number of courses on those topics (among many others).

The courses are available to all level of users from beginners to experts.

The courses are delivered in short video lectures, each covers one or a few topics so it is easy to find them if you want to review a video lecture.

If applicable, the courses include the files you need to practice the topic you have studied.

All the courses I've watched (mostly Photoshop/Lightroom/Photography related) were delivered in a very clear way by instructors that seem both knowledgeable on the material and with good teaching skills (It is important to mention since other course site I've tried had instructors that may know the material, but were not great at presenting/explaining it)

For none native English speakers, Lynda offers a closed-captions which can be very helpful.

The site is easy to use and you can easily see which lectures you've watched before.

The (newer) video courses have a high video quality and production level, that helps keep focused while watching hours of video lectures

They are adding new courses on a weekly basis on a variety of topics and also update older courses if some lectures became not relevant or more up-to-date info was available. (I update my subscription from to time to refresh old courses i've watched or to check as new features of software I use are released)

What do you dislike?

Not much I can think about, I guess that it is an online only service so if you are offline (airplane for example) you cannot watch the courses (I think the highest tier of the subscription level support downloads, never tried)

Not really a con about Lynda, but not everyone can use this type of learning experience, you have to have the ability to sit for hours watching videos and practice what you've learned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try at least one course (the free trial should give you enough time to do so) to see if this way of learning right for you. if it is, I have no doubt the level and variety of course Lynda have will fit your needs.

I found Lynda.com to be a great resource when trying to learn a new subject but also when wishing to improve the knowledge on subjects I am familiar with.

Lynda.com review by Nancy P.
Nancy P.

"Great website to learn a new skill"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and a convenient way to learn a new skill on the computer or mobile. I love that new courses are added every week so you will always have new materials to learn.

What do you dislike?

It should have for personal development classes too. It would be good to have some languages courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great online training library.

I am learning about creating and updating websites so I can update the website of my department more efficiently.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Lynda.com is the Gold Standard in On Demand Video Training"

What do you like best?

Lynda.com is a strong choice because it has something for novices and advanced users of different software packages. Lynda.com has also expanded to include soft-skill training for effective business training. The production values are high and the players are feature rich.

What do you dislike?

There often can be series that are quietly removed from the library that have "out dated information" but in reality there is a gem of knowledge that isn't covered in the new versions of the trainings. You lose out on getting to refer back to those techniques or ideas that are now "out dated."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Often getting the most out of Lynda.com isn't completing a certificate, but picking and choosing the skills you need at the time you need them to boost productivity. Even highly experienced users can find new ideas or techniques in the lynda.com library.

Lynda.com helps get students up to speed using the software. As long as users are engaged in the learning, they will drastically increase productivity with the Adobe Creative Cloud products.

Lynda.com review by Virginia B.
Virginia B.

"Great professional Development Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that there is a wide-variety of professional, in-depth courses on relevant topics.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that could improve Lynda.com is even more class topics, but there is already a great variety.

It's been a great way for team members to take control of their own professional development by identifying areas to improve and working at their own pace to complete classes and learn new things.

Lynda.com review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Lynda.com is poorly organized, content is hit-or-miss"

What do you like best?

The Learning Paths are pretty useful when you're looking to gain comprehensive understanding of a concept

What do you dislike?

The amount of content is poorly organized and is overwhelming. It would be helpful to have a option to filter and to be able to wort by difficulty or video length so that you could easily find something to fit your experience level and time constraints.

Professional development and becoming proficient in tools required for my job

Lynda.com review by Holly T.
Holly T.

"A great way to keep up or gain new skills without the structure of a classroom"

What do you like best?

The amount of courses and trainings available!

What do you dislike?

I wish the paths were more customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great way to help employees stay up to date on ever changing technologies, such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint. While the changes may be miniscule, it can be highly difficulty to keep track when updating versions.

I was able to train for my Microsoft Certification Exams without the use of a study group. It is great for independent learners.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Great to Brush Up or Learn New Skills!"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of videos, such as different types of tools relating to photography and some business soft-skill advise, that they offer on their website! I love how there was a transcript of the videos that I have watched so I can always go back to them to reference something that I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a student discount, since the time that I noticed that our school stopped the membership, I wanted to refresh some of the topics I watched as well as watch the videos I saved on my list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's perfect for those who have a busy schedule yet want to learn some new skills. You have access to multiple different videos that seem interesting as well as them widening your educational mindset. They have great videos that show you how to use specific software or give you a basic understanding of what they are used for.

It's a great way to learn some skills on your own, anywhere you want and anytime that fits your schedule! The variety of videos can help expand your thinking, which can also bring in new ways to go about problem-solving.

Lynda.com review by Benjamin K.
Benjamin K.

"My number one learning platform for software"

What do you like best?

You can find training for most of the popular software and Operating System in many various fields. The content is usually well prepared. The mobile version works as well as the desktop, so you can watch anywhere, any time. You also get exercise files for every course, which helps you train as you watch the videos. Finally, you can now even download the videos to view them offline, very helpful when traveling.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to find anything really annoying... I think Lynda.com reaches its goal, with a huge offering of software and skills courses. I have had issues with the video interface but nothing significant.

There is still a lack of depth in some fields. For example, if you want to learn programming, you will find beginners courses but not very advanced ones, so that may be a way to go. It is actually common to many learning platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda.com has a huge collection of trainings for various software in design, engineering, web development, graphical and video arts, business applications and many others. It is easy to use, mobile and quite affordable for the amount of knowledge available.

I would't use it for educational courses though (such as learning background and theory). It is really practical and oriented towards how to use tools and skills. For more educational courses, I would go to EdX, Coursera and platforms alike.

I essentially use Lynda.com to learn how to use new software. It gives a good basis in a different way than what you would get from the software provider itself, with practical exercises, tips and a good overview of the capabilities from a user point of view.

I use it as much for my personal needs as for professional development,

Lynda.com review by Rodrigo G.
Rodrigo G.

"Python courses "

What do you like best?

I looked that the instructor took time to explain important concepts, like a number of libraries that are commonly used.

What do you dislike?

I really disliked how he interjected his personal life into the majority of examples. Although he was trying to explain the concepts, the way he talked about what he did was annoying and distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a look at the course structure and the topics covered. It may be that you only need to review a few lessons and can move on without wasting your time.

I am trying to automate the majority of business function s that I can use to increase my productivity.

Lynda.com review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"There are better ways to learn."

What do you like best?

Lynda offers a breadth of resources for various programs and software, and there are many courses to choose from. Lynda has easy accessibility, so people can access on mobile or their computer on their own time when they are ready.

What do you dislike?

I understand that many people need walk-through, step-by-step tutorials about different software, etc., but Lynda's execution makes it hard to learn. Basically, if I want to learn how to use Photoshop, for example, I have to watch a 45-minute video. I'd much rather have the ability to watch how to perform certain tasks on software and watch bite-size videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Lynda has a lot of resources, I would consider using alternate learning tools. I only say that because I found that even though there are so many resources and courses, I never found any of the courses to be engaging or really meet my needs. I would suggest using an alternate tool that allows you to learn in bite-size information rather than watch a 45-minute video. That way you can keep your attention better and really learn instead of glossing over and learning information at a surface level.

Helping staff and students learn how to use certain software. Although it can be of help, I think there are better, more effective learning tools available.

Lynda.com review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Something for everyone"

What do you like best?

I love that we can offer work based and personal training for our employees. They can engage in something that they need to better their performance in the work place but they can also take a photography class or anything to better their personal life as well.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit hard to manage however we are getting much better at using the system so it is so much easier than it used to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost effective wide range of training

Lynda lets us offer onsite training at anytime to our staff. At their desk, at home or in the conference room. I also use it to brush up on topics before I do my manager training courses. It gives different perspectives.

Lynda.com review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Resource For Professional Development"

What do you like best?

I like the range of courses and the flexibility to focus on a specific area or a general topic. Video tutorials are much more engaging than reading about a topic, and I'm able to work through topics and fit them into my schedule.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across an instance where I've disliked using the service. It's been a great resource in developing professional skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lynda is a great resource, particularly in a position where best practices are still being established. It has helped me to learn many skills that have made my work much easier.

I've used Lynda to review and refresh specific skills within different software platforms, particularly Excel and Photoshop. I've also used the service to explore other areas that are related to my job function. I've used Lynda for just over a year, and I've also encouraged colleagues and employees to use it as well.

Lynda.com review by User in Higher Education

"Lynda.com is good for learning visually"

What do you like best?

I like that you learn by watching videos and can download course content, so you can go along with the course using the materials/files that the instructor has.

What do you dislike?

The videos aren't very exciting and a lot of the instructors love the sound of their voices too much. It can become quite frustrating as they tend to go at a very slow pace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to learn skills, especially if the alternatives are out of the budget. Lynda.com is an affordable solution.

It teaches me more skills without my employer having to spend money on me attending courses, which is not in my departmental budget.

Lynda.com review by Sotir N.
Sotir N.

"Tutorials"

What do you like best?

This is the best site I know lessons. There are many broad topics and any. All lessons on video and you can see how everything happens.. The teachers are very good at topics

Show slow and you can find out everything. Speak clear English and well understood. You can choose lessons are everything and whether to be for beginners, advanced or experts.

There is an opportunity for each lesson to ask questions if something you do not understand.

I recommend it to all who want to learn something new!

What do you dislike?

More concessions from the current. the site is super

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are already offline way to watch lessons which is great. Go ahead

I learned to work with Adobe Muse by Linda. Much of the knowledge that I have for Adobe Muse have them.

Lynda.com review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Amazing resource for any and all"

What do you like best?

Lynda has recently been bought by LinkedIn, which means after you've completed a high-quality class, you can add it to your LinkedIn profile. This helps you get discovered and recognized for the education you're completing on your own time.

What do you dislike?

I wish dates of classes were more prominent and out-dated information removed quickly. The world of tech, programming, design, and marketing changes so fast that sometimes information from six months ago can be false now. Check dates before you start a class!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look to your local library or college for free memberships. Many libraries offer their members free access to Lynda for professional development which is AMAZING.

I'm completely self-taught, so having valuable educational resources is vital to my professional success. In addition to other resources, I rely on Lynda for learning new skills and tools.

Lynda.com review by Jasmine C.
Jasmine C.

"I am a Big Fan of Lynda"

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to access the content online, offline or on my mobile phone. I also like the function of taking notes while watching the video and being able to download the notes all at once with a screenshot for which I took notes.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that I would like to see improvements. Firs