Lynda.com

Lynda teachers are effective, passionate educators, who are also respected authorities in software, creative, and business fields. They're here to share their expertise in dozens of topics with you, with courses organized into these eight subject areas.

Work for Lynda.com?

Learning about Lynda.com?

Lynda.com Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 214 Lynda.com reviews
Lynda.com review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LYNDA

What do you like best?

Obviously I'm a huge Lynda fan. Your options for creative and analytical learning are endless. One of my favorite things about Lynda is that as technology changes and updates, so do the Lynda courses! I am a heavy Adobe Creative Cloud user and with every software update, Lynda updates the courses with clearly labeled "new" segments. All you have to do is click on the "new" sections and you will learn exactly what you need to be caught up. In addition, they will update the entire course as a whole every couple years. I also love that you can download project files for those of us who need to physically DO what is being taught. This is little but I love how there's a little check mark icon next to the videos that you have completed. There's something about seeing your progress that feels very satisfying.

What do you dislike?

Let's be honest, you mostly likely share your account with someone. If you happen to be in the same course but at different segments, you have to bounce back and forth. My dream is that they would add a feature like Netflix and Hulu have and let account holders set up users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! Lynda is the best resource you can get!

Any questions that pop up can be answered with Lynda. It's one thing to have a quick fix to any creative needs but it's another thing to actually learn the how and why of what you're trying to accomplish.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Lynda.com
Lynda.com review by <span>Vijay R.</span>
Vijay R.

An extensive collection of courses from various domains from the industry experts.

What do you like best?

Lynda has become my goto online learning source for the last two years. I extensively use Lynda. There are two key facts that make Lynda Unique. First, you can expect to find almost any course. Be it on photography, graphic design, or data analytics. You will find the course of your interest. Second, the duration of the course. Usually, MOOCs take quite a long time to complete (25 to 35 hours). But, courses on Lynda can be completed within ~10 hours. This is because for a given topic, e.g. photography., there will be multiple courses that discuss the topic at different levels of comprehensiveness. On a given topic, there are courses for a beginner to an expert.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app isn't stable enough. Sometimes I had difficulty in logging into the application. This might be because Lynda allows multiple ways to enter one's credentials. Other than that the app is great and no serious concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally feel Lynda is worth the investment because of the reasons I have already discussed. An extensive number of courses that are taught by the industry experts is what makes Lynda unique. The desktop application is a big plus for Lynda. You can download the courses for offline viewing, hence you need not rely on an internet connection. I didn't find these features with other MOOCs.

I use Lynda mostly for learning and acquiring new skills. For example, Lynda has a great set of courses on photography. Anyone who aspires to be a photographer could learn significantly from these courses. Also, the contribution of Lynda is extensive in someone developing a new skill set. For example, since data analytics is the area in demand these days, you could find a number of courses on data analytics that use different programming languages like Python, R, etc.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Lynda.com review by <span>Dana B.</span>
Dana B.

Great for Training and Professional Development

What do you like best?

Lynda is very easy to use and can help with training on software and/or specific skills (i.e. JavaScript or email management) to advance your career. It offers different learning paths and can also be integrated with Degreed (another great tool for training) where progress can be tracked and also be seen by your manager/company. Each training has specific time estimates that will give you an idea of how long it will take to complete it. Once completed you can also get certificates. Courses can also be selected based on skill level (i.e. beginner, advanced etc.) and it's very easy to navigate through the UI.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Lynda. It's very easy to navigate and there are many filters that can help finding the course/video that is right for you. The only downside maybe is that you can only access what is in their library and not add training videos to courses if you found any from other resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for professional and personal development.

Our company offers Lynda for professional development and as a resource to learn new or improve skills.

Lynda.com review by <span>Trevor A.</span>
Trevor A.

A one stop shop for all kinds of training

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of topics and training that are available is mind-boggling. Several of the training I've seen are more thorough and expansive than similar uses I was taught in a college class. Many of the topics are useful for personal and professional work. The interface is simple and it's easy to keep track of your progress.

What do you dislike?

Some topics have too many different trainings available that teach the same or overlapping information. I suppose it is helpful to have a few different means of sharing info because of learning styles and similar, but it can also make it frustrating to choose which training you want for a particular skill.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an important tool for enterprise-wide training and growth. I would highly suggest using Lynda to improve the skills of your employees.

Expanding my professional abilities, mostly in the areas of information management and document creation. Lynda has enabled me to learn things that would normally cost significant sums of money across various trainings and conferences.

Lynda.com review by <span>Elena C.</span>
Elena C.

Enjoyable and Essential

What do you like best?

Good info in HD, top notch content. Some of the presentors have literally made me laugh out loud in a public library. I can have a badge for completed course on my LinkedIn profile.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a text only transcript so I can learn without headphones in public. I can't be having my training seminars blasting through my laptop speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dive in and use it to its full potential which is vast. Make the most out of your yearly subscription, and you will come out ahead every time. I understand that software of this quality is more than worth the asking price, but maybe a free version wouldn't be so bad? Honestly you don't owe anyone that and it's probably a bad business investment for you, but I guarantee offering all the features in all countries humanly possible would greatly advance globalization in terms of business and result in reduced incompetence and ignorance at the very least.

That leadership takes hard work, and info about goal setting and follow through. I was identified as a leader even in elementary school, and it's beyond amazing to pick up where I left off with no ads.

Lynda.com review by <span>Caroline W.</span>
Caroline W.

Review for lynda

What do you like best?

The best feature of lynda is the vast number of training available for so many marketing strategies. It works well on both my android phone as well as on my windows operating system.

Lynda has well trained instructors who train in a well paced manner. Each training is further divided into subtopics which have individual quizzes as well, which ensure that we retained the content well. The user friendliness of this website is what makes me love it a lot.

What do you dislike?

Lynda is not easily accessible to everyone, and it can be quite expensive if you are not directly affiliated with a university so that you can access it with you university's account. There is also no way you can give feedback about the training which can be good for both the instructors uploading the training materials and for other students who might want to access these training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a go for training!

I use it for marketing and tutoring training for my job as a peer tutor at TAMU. It is quite helpful for real life applications of tutoring and I get points for leveling up and getting paid extra for my job.

Learning about Lynda.com?

* We monitor all Lynda.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.