M-Files

M-Files enterprise content management solution unifies documents and information across business systems to help you intelligently find, access and manage information.

Work for M-Files?
Docuware leader  2x

Learning about M-Files?

M-Files Reviews

Ask M-Files a Question
Showing 27 M-Files reviews
M-Files review by <span>Michael E.</span>
Michael E.

On my short list of very good software

What do you like best?

You can feel the polish of a good, conscientious development team when you use M-Files. I also appreciate the logical structure and general robustness. I like the rapid way you are able to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

With any complex piece of software there are always multiple ways to solve a problem. This can make it difficult to figure out the correct approach. Sometimes if your problem doesn't fit in the box that m-files is trying to solve it can be difficult to get the result you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a spin!

Categorizing \ filing \ retrieval of regulatory documents. Much more accurate filing and retrieval (much better than file shares!)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about M-Files
M-Files review by <span>Ankan N.</span>
Ankan N.

Very reliable Enterprise Content Management Solution

What do you like best?

It's a very intuitive solution, easy to use. Easy tagging and retrieving and has a very powerful semantic search function

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I felt like too much of metadata information needs to be entered, sometime it can put off the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Document intensive organisation that face challenges in finding the right file from a large volume of files can find this really useful. Ideal for law firms, financial and insurance companies that deal with a large volume of information and where versions and workflow become very important.

As a Sales person, my data used to reside in multiple systems e.g. Salesfoce, custom excel files, outlook etc in our organisation and it was very time consuming to find relevant info. It took me lot of time to organise documents and create folders to store my files and there was lot of duplication that used to happen (although my volume was not very high). I think with M-Files I did not have to worry about where to store the file. I could just tag it and find it later using some keywords. It saved me a lot of time.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

M-Files review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

Good for printing signature info for audits

What do you like best?

Pros:

1) When a document is printed, all the metadata (approvals) are printed with it. No need to hunt down separate approvals to print out and attach.

2) Tool can handle single approval types of documents as well as docs requiring pre and post-approval.

3) Tool can handle living documents (master documents like Trace Matrix, Requirements, etc) as well as project specific documents (unit tests, Change Requests, etc).

What do you dislike?

Cons:

1) System is difficult to navigate to see all docs without doing advanced searches.

2) Project documents have limited display if many documents are included. It cuts off view so only up to about 50 docs, then the others are not visible unless you sort them to look at bottom first.

3) There is no way to automatically link documents to a Change Request. My current dept uses Desc of Change field to manually enter the Change Request ID so we can do advances searches to find all documents associated with a Change Request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are similar products which may be more expensive but may meet more needs.

Main advantage to this software: When a document is printed, all the metadata (approvals) are printed with it. No need to hunt down separate approvals to print out and attach.

M-Files review by <span>Tony .</span>
Tony .

M-Files DMS Review by Tony Tomison III

What do you like best?

M-Files is a highly versatile software that can grow to fill your specific companies needs, just as it did for ours.

For example it has several handy different ways of accessing data like the Web Access, Windows client, mobile app, or my favorite, via API. I've created some handy tools that help streamline my work with M-Files.

What do you dislike?

While no software is perfect, M-Files does have a few minor "bugs" but that doesn't have any impact with software.

One of them would be not being able to manipulate the client cache with the API, but they have added that as a feature request so I'm happy with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it can be customized to your specific needs no matter what the size.

Project File management was a major nightmare.

Users would copy files here, make their own folders there, and make more copies here, M-Files put a stop to it! Users can no longer create their own folders, and documents are automatically put in their proper location.

Another nightmare was users kept using "Save-As" and creating their own copies, but one of the nice things about M-Files is that it it does all of the version control, and you can see exactly what a file looked like at that particular point in time.

A nice thing that I was able to do with M-Files is generate documents.

I can extract the metadata and make documents lists, drawings registers, etc..

On a personal note, I have my blog where I write about M-Files and some custom tools I create:

M-Files review by <span>Lewis (Tre&#39;) G.</span>
Lewis (Tre') G.

M-Files great for a paperless business

What do you like best?

I like that M-Files integrates seamlessly with Windows Office and Outlook email. There are lots of features and yearly updates to keep the software relevant. Keep up on the updates I really appreciate that it keeps getting developed.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't get a personal version for my home. The cost is prohibitive for running it as a personal DMS, but I really need it at home. There is a personal version but I am over the limit for personal unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It is worth every penny to implement in a paperless environment.

M-Files is used for our paperless office. It was a great help to us when we found it. It wasn't the first solution we used for the paperless office but it is the best and final one we have been using for several years. By helping our government office run with less paper we have saved space because we donated all the old filing cabinets. We save time looking for documents and we are able to reproduce whatever we need without having to get off the phones, unless we want too.

M-Files review by <span>Treve C.</span>
Treve C.

M-Files can do anything!

What do you like best?

M-Files is hands down the best document management system I've used and been involved with. For the average office worker it is deceptively simple - just save a document to the "M" drive, enter a few key properties - What is it and who is it for - and all the magic happens in the background. Permissions, workflow, dynamic views, mobile access, offline access, 360 degree view - it's amazing, it's simple and it just works!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything about M-Files that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your Vault designed by a qualified M-Files re-seller. It will save you time and money in the long run. You will receive many amazing benefits to your business that you won't be aware of when you purchase M-Files.

Our staff can now find documents instantly and know they are dealing with the correct version so errors and time wastage are dramatically reduced. The automation of our Accounts Payable process has greatly enhanced our business and reduced errors. Our projects run more smoothly through the easy sharing of information and documents (including emails). Mobile access to documents and client information is a major benefit. The ability to create a document on a mobile device and automatically kick off a workflow based on what the document type (class) is has become extremely useful. The ability to share large documents securely with external parties is very useful (no more Dropbox). There are many benefits to using M-Files.

Learning about M-Files?

* We monitor all M-Files reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.