Mad Mimi

Mad Mimi is a lovely, simple email service that lets you create, send, share, and track email newsletters.

Work for Mad Mimi?

Showing 34 Mad Mimi reviews
Mad Mimi review by <span>Robbin B.</span>
Robbin B.

Don't Let the Name Fool You

What do you like best?

Mad Mimi is an easy to use, yet robust email marketing tool. Along with similar tools, the company offers a free plan. Their latest isn't as good as it used to be, but at around 2500 emails, it becomes a better deal in many ways than Mail Chimp (which is free up to 2,000 contacts, although automation is an extra $10/mo.).

What do you dislike?

On one hand, I like the very simple email design, which helps keep the look consistent. On the other hand, there are few built-in design options. And although Mad Mimi has many sophisticated features, Mail Chimp takes it even further. So if you're planning on using Advanced Segmentation for example, and don't want to switch between providers, you may want to start off with Mail Chimp rather than move your data over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, or just getting started, I highly recommend this tool for its low cost and ease of use. If you're a highly sophisticated email marketer, you may want the extensive capabilities of Mail Chimp or one of the gazillions of other email marketing tools out there.

Mad Mimi provides a quick and easy way for a small business to do email marketing. It has most of the features of other email tools, from building a contact list, automating mailings and reporting, to some other pretty sophisticated email marketing capabilities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mad Mimi
Mad Mimi review by <span>Maggie M.</span>
Maggie M.

Super user-friendly software that packs a punch

What do you like best?

MadMimi's best feature is their pre-made templates. For someone fresh into email marketing, this is an incredible place to start. First of all, it gives you a solid framework to lead you in the right direction, and then you can tweak it based on your individual needs. Secondly, it helps you look professional and like the "real deal" -- there's no fake it till you make it here. You "make it" by using their pre-made templates.

What do you dislike?

The free account left me feeling like I was limited once I had grown my list and needed to send out a higher volume. I wouldn't discourage someone from using this service because of that though. It was the best decision for me when I first started out. I would have liked to do A/B testing with my emails. That's not a deal breaker for many email marketers, and still worth a shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're going to love it. Utilize support as much as you can -- it's there for a reason! They want you to have success while using their product. The pre-made templates are FUN. You're going to be able to have 100 email addresses in your list for the free version, so this is an excellent place to start. However, their paid version is one of the better deals when it comes to their competitors. It works for anyone on a budget, without losing functionality.

I was able to communicate with my team members and send out announcements, reminders, newsletters, etc. The biggest benefit was knowing who opened and read. Even knowing which email addresses bounced my emails was helpful. The basic (free) version of MadMimi was exactly what I needed at the time I was using this program. For a free user, it was perfect.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Mad Mimi review by <span>Angélica C.</span>
Angélica C.

Perfect for bloggers or really small business

What do you like best?

Mad Mimi has the most friendly interface in all email marketing niche. It's easy to set up in minutes. It has a personal touch feel to the emails that customers seem to like very much. The price is another interesting feature,

It's perfect for people who are starting or don't have the need for custom segmentation or advanced analytics.

What do you dislike?

It does not escalate well. There is no way to have a decent or automatic user segmentation without having to contact support.

You can't have two or more list with different user without setting information for the whole account. You'd need more than one account to keep them entirely separate.

Also, and this is ridiculous, if you start an automation you need to ask the support to not send it to the active users. This should be an option in the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to set-and-use, just to send emails, go for it. The interface is awesome and intuitive, the price is amazing. If you are starting now this is the thing for you.

I truly believe it has a WHOLE LOT of potential, but they need to add more features that the competitors have like segmentation and better automation, choose something else.

It allowed me to import my users from MailChimp and start sending emails in less than one hour. There were no requirements or tickets that needed to be opened to get me started.

It's

Mad Mimi review by <span>Lincoln S.</span>
Lincoln S.

This better mail manager is not free

What do you like best?

For email blasts or blog posts MM offers better formatting options, and a better editor than MailChimp. Also, and quite importantly, MM enables me to edit what I create after it's been sent. This is important because inevitably I find typo's that need fixing. These need to be fixed, even though the piece has gone out, because blog pieces are kept as an important part of the archive and frequently referenced in future conversations. Astoundingly, Mailchimp cannot do this!

What do you dislike?

MM's "free" version is so limited that it is little more than a trial. It only supports mail lists of 100 names. Also, I found MM would not provide storage for more than 20 graphic images for all the postings. This means I would have to basically delete old postings in order to import the graphics for new postings. This is not such a tight limit, or perhaps any limit, in the paid version of MM. However, the paid version is sufficiently more expensive that I abandoned the platform entirely and transitioned to MailChimp, the poorer alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Subscription price is important. Mailchimp's free version powerful even for business use, MM's free version is not usable for business.

MM support all my blogging and email blasts. These are the core of my marketing. I can basically support them just as well with Mailchimp at no cost, except greater inconvenience to me. Should my income raise appreciably I would consider returning to MM.

Mad Mimi review by <span>alise g.</span>
alise g.

Great Newsletter Format!

What do you like best?

The ease of use and professional look! I love how it is easy to send out newsletters to families in our school and its amazing that you can see which links people click on and track how many people are engaged.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting can be difficult- it was hard to figure out how to move pictures around or rotate them. But in general it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to connect with people and send out information. Formatting is relatively easy to figure out and use!

Helps us connect with parents in the school and communicate weekly updates. It is a great way to keep parents updated!

Mad Mimi review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

Great way to reach clients and patrons alike

What do you like best?

i like that with Mad Mimi as a company , i have the ability to reach our entire mailing list at one time, additionally the ability to create aesthetically pleasing correspondences has proven to have a positive impact on our company.

What do you dislike?

one of the only things i was not fond of with Mad Mimi was the lack of accuracy with the analytics , in terms of deliveries, views etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely research other platforms to figure out what work best for you needs.

Marketing

Learning about Mad Mimi?

* We monitor all Mad Mimi reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.