Magic Bullet Suite

Magic Bullet Suite is a set of seven tools that bring intuitive.

Work for Magic Bullet Suite?

Learning about Magic Bullet Suite?

Magic Bullet Suite Reviews

Ask Magic Bullet Suite a Question
Showing 11 Magic Bullet Suite reviews
Magic Bullet Suite review by Brendan C.
Brendan C.

"Excellent for footage correction"

What do you like best?

The magic bullet suite is simply great for correcting problematic footage. I use it every day for fixing up clips and correcting the color.

Colorista is better than any of the Premiere or After effects built-in tools for color correction. The ability to control the chroma and luminosity of individual colors is simply astounding and opens up world of creative possibilities.

Very often, footage will come back to us grainy because of under exposure. We used to have to reject it but now using denoiser- It's really easy to remove the noise and then color correct using colorista.

Cosmo is also great for performing cosmetic changes in your videos. While you can achieve a similar effect in colorista using the keying options, it's still an easy way to touch up faces without getting too technical.

What do you dislike?

Once you get one or two Magic Bullet effects on your footage (like denoiser and colorista) premier and after effects really slow down. Like to the point of almost crashing. I'm on a Mac Pro (cylinder) so it's not a hardware issue. One thing that could be done to improve this is adding preview/quality controls to remove this slowdown during the editing process.

That's about my only dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you use it, the better you get. So look at tutorials and try to use it in your workflows to ge the most out of it.

Correcting problematic footage and making creative changes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Magic Bullet Suite
Magic Bullet Suite review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Easy and Customizable Color Grading and Color Correcting"

What do you like best?

Red Giant's Magic Bullet Suite is a plugin suite for Adobe After Effects and Premiere. The suite focuses on color correction and grading tools.

Adobe Premiere is my editor of choice, but one aspect of Premiere that I've always thought inadequate was the color grading tools. Colorista III has a full set of grading tools in order to create high quality color grades. One could also use the presets in Looks or Mojo to quickly choose a preset in order to save time or find an inspirational starting point. Looks is fully customizable as well, and a "look" can be built up from scratch.

The suite comes with many other plugins that have very important roles in the color correction process. Denoiser II is crucial for cleaning up grainy footage, and Film can be used to emulate the look of film stock.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this suite. If I had to pick, it would be the price tag. At $800 per license, this suite does require deep pockets. However, there is a half priced student version, and each plugin can be bought individually.

As an independent visual effects artist, I am required to complete every step of the process, from modeling to compositing. Compositing may be the most important step, since if it doesn't not blend into the scene it won't matter how well it is animated.

I always had trouble compositing, because the simple color correction effects within After Effects only seemed to get me about 80% of the way there. On a recent project, a colleague of mine recommended using Magic Bullet Looks, and it made it made compositing much easier and more realistic. I recommend using Chromatic Abberation, Diffusion, and Grain to create a seamless composite.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Magic Bullet Suite review by David S.
David S.

"The epitome of DV Rebel"

What do you like best?

Approachable, consistently easy to use tools that work on every platform that matters. The Red Giant team as astounding support and continued to make better and better tools.

What do you dislike?

Subtly is not the strength of the Magic Bullet color tools—I've used them for years and they really are happiest when applying a strong grade to an image instead of simple color correction. Denoiser is good, but Neat Video is way, way, way better. Magic Bullet Film is off to a good start, but needs better controls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do more than just buy the plugins (which you totally should); hit up their awesome YouTube channels for tutorials and inspiration, read their blog (and prolost.com) and don't be shy with their support team—they really are great to do business with.

Magic Bullet Suite is the best suite of plugins for image correction and building a look out there. What's great about it is that it works on every OS and most platforms—so you buy once and use it, no matter what your workflow is for a project. So whether I edit and finish in Premiere or FCP, do a whole project in After Effects, or do all finishing work in Resolve, these tools remain consistent and I only had to buy ONE license. That's cool.

Magic Bullet Suite review by User

"Color Correction — Red Giant Magic Bullet Suite"

What do you like best?

Red Giant Magic Bullet Suite is one of the best and most effective digital multimedia packages designed for professional color correction, lighting control, which are used in such programs as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas.

What do you dislike?

The price and complexity of the package interface are too high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Magic Bullet Denoiser II - professionally removes noise from the video. Traditional methods of noise removal can lead to the erosion of small parts, but modern technology Denoiser retains the definition, eliminating noise. Best plug-in!

Color correction in applications Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop.

Magic Bullet Suite review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"Use it for color grading and color correction in my videos and animations"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Basically it's the best color grading tool for After Effects.

Colorista let's you color correct the image while Magic Bullet let's you create looks.

With Magic Bullet you can iterate very fast between looks and basically start with a preset and build from there.

Also with the same license we can use the suite with other software packages (After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut, Vegas, Resolve...)

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big Denoiser fan. From my experience there are better After Effects plugins for noise reduction. For me it's the weakest part of the suite. The rest is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a easy and fast tool to color grade your video, the Magic Bullet Suite is the best you can find in the market.

If your new to the tool you will have no trouble using it and start creating your own looks. If you already have some experience with color correction and color grading, I think you will be surprised with how fast and easy can achieve great results. And surely there is room to dig deep into the tool and do more complex stuff. Definitely a must have tool for any videographer or motion design artist arsenal.

Magic Bullet Suite review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Absolutely fantastic suite - I use it every day!"

What do you like best?

I love everything about the Magic Bullet Suite. We've used it for the past 2-3 years and I use it just about every day. I especially love using the Looks feature for coloring videos and getting the perfect "look" for my projects.

What do you dislike?

There is literally nothing I dislike about Magic Bullet. It is awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it. It is amazing. I can't recommend it enough!

We bought Magic Bullet Suite so we could color and create looks for our videos quickly and easily.

Magic Bullet Suite review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the best things ever created for editors"

What do you like best?

I think the versatility of Red Giant allow editors to bring ideas to life, make dinamic pieces and create better videos. The options offer in the Red Giant suite translate in more quality work.

What do you dislike?

I wish they can come back to Avid, I know is buggy, but that will be amazing. I use it a lot on Premiere and it saves me everytime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to color correct properly and familiarize with visual styles and esthetics.

Sometimes creatives will ask for cerntain styles of looks in their video pieces and Red Giant do the job.

Magic Bullet Suite review by Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

"User friendly and customizable"

What do you like best?

I like Magic Bullet looks the best. There are a lot of easy, preset 'looks' to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more filter adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I appreciate that we can do color correction on outside monitor.

It helps us make less professional shots look great, so we can focus more on post-production and have to worry about endless shoots and reshoots.

Magic Bullet Suite review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Magic Bullet Suite"

What do you like best?

I use magic bullet suite for the cosmo plugin and Instant 4k. Both are amazing plugins that are well designed and give me the solution I need for video editing.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here. The suite software can be a little obtrusive with updates, but no more than other software really.

Magic Bullet allows me to install and keep my plugins updated with minimal effort.

Magic Bullet Suite review by User in Design
User in Design

"Perfect "Make it look nice" button"

What do you like best?

This software makes any video looks cool and pro

What do you dislike?

Sometimes little bit slow and unpredictable on low end graphic cards

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and efficient way to do videos-this is for you

Color correction and overall look of videos and graphic.

Magic Bullet Suite review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"A Must-Have Toolset"

What do you like best?

Is amazing, powerfull and fast, the gpu accelerated for fast rendering is just amazing.

What do you dislike?

the price, for a freelancer or small studios is a bit high, but you can have luck and find a good discount.

color correction

Learning about Magic Bullet Suite?

* We monitor all Magic Bullet Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.