MagicPlan

Ask Sensopia a Question
Showing 8 Sensopia reviews
Sensopia review by User

"Awesome Drawing Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of changing measurements once you have drawn the room out. The free form room helps getting a strang shaped room drawn relatively easy, it cuts out a few steps of changing square room, added in corners etc.. changing size of furniture is awesome as well.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the fact that once you use a rug in a room it tries to lock the parameters and even if you unlock it it tries to second-guess your second measurement.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MagicPlan
User in Architecture & Planning

"A quick and easy floor plan tool"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the augmented reality feature that allows you to walk around an existing room and capture measurements. This feature is great for insurance adjusters and renovation contractors. The ability to quickly take a measurement of a room during an initial walk through of a home that has just suffered an accident and to give the client piece of mind to show that we are accurately measuring is key.

What do you dislike?

The ability to update scales in the system is really lacking. If I want to adjust the scale from one room to another to adjust for new additions, I have to stop and create another room, instead of just changing the scale and continuing. It will not allow you to interface with pricing sheets. You have to utilize a separate spreadsheet for adding pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great for the small general contractor or insurance adjuster. It is a great tool for making a floor design of a home.

The biggest advantage is the ability to take a measurement of a room without moving any furniture and having that measurement be accurate. The ability to quickly measure off a room allows me to complete initial assessments and figure materials needed.

What Architecture solution do you use?

Sensopia review by Tiago B.
Tiago B.

"Fast and Easy."

What do you like best?

It's a very easy way to have a sketch of the room.

What do you dislike?

It is an amazing tool, but as a professional, I still prefer a more precise tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Magicplan is a easy way of making a fast Floorplan, that's why I use it. In my case, I am a Professional Architect so in the end I still have to use professional tools. But what I can say is that Floorplan is a good way of start a project.

Let's say that I am on a first visit to a client, just to talk about the project. I can make a very fast plant with MagicPlan in minutes. Before doing the final one later on AutoCad, or another professional Software.

Sensopia review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great tool with a few kinks in the system"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the software is and how Bluetooth lasers so easily connect in to measure floor plans with accuracy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there is no override for the measurement compatibility, and how sometimes you can’t change a dimension without a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s functional to a point but it doesn’t work well with awkward or crooked spaces.

We have No floor plans in the apartments we are fitting out, so when we are prepping a unit, we use MagicPlan to show the designers in another city exactly what space they have to work with.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Quick, easy tool for mapping out rooms"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly, easy and quick to use when trying to map out a room.

What do you dislike?

It's great for simple uses, but not very helpful for very detailed architectural analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for easy estimation of spaces! There's so much more I have yet to even discover!

Quickly getting a sense of how big a room is and what shape the layout is. Used as the basis of design when starting a remodel project.

User in Architecture & Planning

"Such a simple mobile software"

What do you like best?

I love that it is mobile, easy to use, self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the measurements are off due to a little movement when turning to measure a room or a surface area

I am a part time secretary for a home remodeling company and i love that when i go for estimates, It's easier To measure in the rooms And areas that we need to include in our estimate

User in Architecture & Planning

"Interesting software for very small projects"

What do you like best?

I like the app, I found that it was easy to draw up plans that were relatively accurate.

What do you dislike?

This app is fine for doing a field sketch but not great for design.

I used it for a brief time doing disaster recovery work, it helped create basic floor plans.

Sensopia review by Anton R.
Anton R.

"Great program especially for real estate"

What do you like best?

The ability of so quickly draft up any type of space by simply using your camera.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes dilike the placement of doors and windows, it gets tricky with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for presentation puroses, however dont rely on the accuracy of your measurements.

It heled me quickly prepare site surveys that i later used for my real estate resentations for clients.

Learning about MagicPlan?

* We monitor all MagicPlan reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.