Magoosh

Magoosh is currently helping you study for the GRE, GMAT, SAT, and TOEFL. Use our highly-rated mobile apps and online study programs to start prepping today.

Work for Magoosh?

Learning about Magoosh?

Categories

Magoosh Reviews

Ask Magoosh a Question
Showing 14 Magoosh reviews
Magoosh review by User

"Magoosh is the quant and verbal wizard you need !"

What do you like best?

Magoosh is excellent not only because of its design, interface and simple layout, but also because of the depth of challenging questions that help you prepare for the actual rigor of a GRE test. Additionally, the progress review section gives you an overview of your overall performance as well as weak spots, making it easier to identify questions types you need to work harder on.

What do you dislike?

Although I am generally very satisfied with Magoosh, the number of practice questions tend to run out rather quickly once you've used the platform, so you continue re-doing the same questions over and over again despite knowing the answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the plethora of GRE prep plans and tools available in the market, Magoosh offers the most comprehensive package at the most economical price. Also, it is important to follow the official ETS GRE prep guide in combination with Magoosh to get the best results out of both and ace on the test day.

I have been using Magoosh for GRE preparation as well as to sharpen my basic math skills.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Magoosh
Magoosh review by manoj o.
manoj o.

"Magoosh the helping teacher"

What do you like best?

There is mobility of using this software as an applictaion where we can learn about many courses like GRE, TOEFL, GMAT, ACT, SAT. This are the courses present in the form of applications on the play store and app store both. This is a good teaching software where there is no need to attend the lectures in the institutes and going so far to just learn about 2 or 3 hours. It is providing mobile application where we can watch the video lectures and attend many of the articles, comprehensions, sentence completion and many more, students are loving this software because of the mobility and learning where ever you want to. And I have also experienced using this software since 6 months and it is quite good for the international exams.

What do you dislike?

Personally I don't have any dislikes for this type of teacher or we can say software because it teaches you in a quite good manner. But some times it becomes bad for our eyes as we have to attend almost 200 online leactures, so it can affect our eyes. Otherwise the application is Best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to the graduates who are recently completing there bachelors degree and thinking to go for the masters or MBA. It is a good source of learning easily and mobility is the most positive point of this application.

Our company's employees whose graduation is completed and now they want to explore the world are using this application. It is a good helping application.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Magoosh review by Nirmohi D.
Nirmohi D.

"Great Preparation tool for Standardized tests!"

What do you like best?

I am currently using Magoosh for my GMAT preparation, and I really like the comprehensive content, question bank, and videos that they provide. The price is affordable as well for a student. Their blog posts/ youtube video content is also very good. They provide sensible study plans for exam preparation for all levels. The flashcard apps for math and verbal are useful as well and work well on mobile/ tablet.

What do you dislike?

Could use some smaller quizzes after the study content and more practice tests, otherwise i don't have much I dislike about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, go for it and use their study plans.

I am using Magoosh for GMAT preparation, have used the same successfully for GRE preparation in the past.

Magoosh review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Magoosh Makes Excellent and Acessible Test Prep Materials"

What do you like best?

As a teacher, I use Magoosh's tools to supplement my instruction with international students. They love the playful nature of the videos.

What do you dislike?

The cost can be prohibitive to some students, but I genuinely believe it is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for students preparing for tests and for tutors and teachers looking to add dynamic supplements to their instruction.

I use Magoosh to spice up an otherwise dull lecture on grammar or usage.

Magoosh review by Alycia F.
Alycia F.

"Great GRE Preparation Tool"

What do you like best?

It was easy to understand, simple to use, and easily transportable. I could take it with me to study on the go via the app, which was perfect since I was on summer break and traveling a lot when I was preparing for my test.

What do you dislike?

I think it could have been a bit more rigorous since I didn't do as well as I wanted to on the exam. Plus, it was expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with exam prep tools that include more practice exams, such as the official study guide from the GRE exam.

It is a key program to use for many entra

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"Magoosh was simple to use & helpful while prepping for the GRE."

What do you like best?

I liked the simplicity of it and that it felt just like as if I was studying using real notes or notecards.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options for studying. Maybe more interactive opportunities or even sample test questions rather than flashcard type questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful company with many different tools for studying. Definitely a top brand in study tools. I would definitely recommend trying to use a coupon code or comparing with other brands first, but I think you'll end up liking Magoosh's product.

Magoosh using technology as a study tool for the GRE and other standardized tests. I realized that it is great for students in this technology era because students dislike using textbooks and technology is actually a useful tool in interactive studying.

"Effective Studying Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how accessible and motivating Magoosh is - it's convenient enough that I can find time to do it on my commute or have my students use it on theirs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there isn't an option to study with someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's worth it. Awesome study tool.

I'm helping myself and students study more efficiently, and I'm seeing better test scores as a result.

Magoosh review by Lorraine F.
Lorraine F.

"Magoosh SAT prep Review"

What do you like best?

The explanations offered while doing questions.

What do you dislike?

The instructor interface might be improved so that we can see what students are doing real-time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Magoosh offers test preparation for SAT by providing relevant practice test questions, lessons, and feedback. Also, adding a greater variety of questions for all sections of the SAT exam.

Assisting first-generation students with preparing for the SAT exam

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"Magoosh: A Great Study Prep Tool"

What do you like best?

Magoosh is an excellent resource to prepare for standardized testing. You can review concepts, study flashcards, and flag unclear concepts for review. It is also available on an app so you can have quick 5-10 minute review sessions while waiting in line, etc. whenever you have a few spare minutes.

What do you dislike?

Magoosh does not offer in depth explanations for unclear concepts, you will have to seek out other resources for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Magoosh is very cost effective and you can use a free trial of the product before committing to purchasing it.aff

Standardized testing review

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"Good multimedia platform for test practice"

What do you like best?

I like that Magoosh offers a setting to practice for examinations like the GRE through a multitude of mediums such as video, slides etc.

What do you dislike?

The videos are underproduced and the lecturers leave something to be desired.

I use Magoosh to help me further professionalize.

Magoosh review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Efficient and well-designed"

What do you like best?

Magoosh is an excellent platform to learn from the basics. I used the TOEFL and GRE programs. The videos are well-explained and the solutions of the exercises are super useful.

What do you dislike?

The exercises are too easy for the ones of the GRE.

The TOEFL fails to deliver for the writting part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don’t know how to use it in a businees setting.

Non. Magoosh serves as a student that would like to apply for a master program.

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"Concise , User friendly, One stop solution for GRE "

What do you like best?

I like the interface. The lessons are spot on, the practice questions and exams are accessible and of a decent difficulty level.

What do you dislike?

The indiscriminate video library. For example, Magoosh has more than 30 videos spanning almost 3 hours just on how to do text completion questions!

Great services at reasonable prices. This really helped me succeed in my chosen field of study in college.

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"helpful and user friendly"

What do you like best?

great programs and useful study tools for students studying for professional tests

What do you dislike?

none, it is really helpful and free! It is a great deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there's no risk since most(if not all) of their phone apps are free.

I am not sure if this is for a business, but it is capable of getting those who are preparing for graduate school to be the top scorers.

Magoosh review by User in Higher Education

"Best way to study for the GRE!"

What do you like best?

I thought the practice tests were invaluable. I took a full length practice test every weekend for 5 weekends. I also loved the flashcard app for studying vocabulary.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I thought that the product had all necessary features to prepare for the GRE.

I used Magoosh to prepare for the GRE for my graduate school applications

Learning about Magoosh?

* We monitor all Magoosh reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories