Mailbird

Learning about Mailbird?

Mailbird Reviews

Ask Mailbird a Question
Showing 26 Mailbird reviews
Mailbird review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"A worthwhile contender!"

What do you like best?

It's a fresh approach to handling e-mails, with many user interface options and integration with other useful online resources such as The Verge, Lifehacker, Techcrunch, Google Calendar, Whatsapp, Evernote and many others as standard addons that come preinstalled (you just have to ok them from a list anytime) that take the overall user experience to another level. It also offers both a light and dark theme with other color and icon options that add to the customization possibilities. One can also add any number of e-mails for it to receive. These options are for the Pro version that I'm using which is stable and fast enough.

What do you dislike?

The occasional malfunction, instability or incompatibility which may never occur in your experience just as much as it can take up much time and patience to solve if or when it does. Some, in my view, missing options and unusual button placements that could be improved upon. Some things do not work as expected or are unavailable, perhaps to be added someday. Google chrome integration did not work properly from within Mailbird, though I do not care much for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to understand their various installation packages (32bit, 64bit, public) and chose the right one as even if they match your system, it may not work and may need support, as was my case that required almost a year to solve... though this may not be common and, to be fair, they ended up granting me a lifetime license for my troubles.

A fine local e-mail client that can be customised.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mailbird
Mailbird review by Lawrence G.
Lawrence G.

"On the way to excellence... but not quite there."

What do you like best?

There are two things I really like about this software. Number one: is the large and easy to read graphical display of your email. The second is the variety of add-ons that work within the program.

What do you dislike?

A couple of things reduce the usability of this program: First, Mailbird has no ability to filter email or implement message rules; Second, Mailbird has only rudimentary searching and sorting capabilities. You can't, for example, direct email from xyz.com into a separate folder or mark for special handling, and you can't search or sort by date. If I'm looking for an email from a specific sender that I know I received in December 2016, there is not yet a convenient way to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like the program but it isn't powerful enough yet to replace Outlook. For personal email and integration with Google Apps it's pretty nice at this point, but still requires more work.

The program has allowed me to integrate my email with Google Docs and Google Calendar so that everything is handy and convenient. As long as you stay within the world of Google, it's very useful.

What Email solution do you use?

Mailbird review by John H.
John H.

"My New Favorite Email Client"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use. Clean interface. Zero problems so far combining multiple email account sources (outlook, gmail, website domains, ect). Also like the additional Trello integration so I can access it without leaving the email client.

What do you dislike?

Takes a little getting used to but well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they have a free trial - if so, the setup is fast enough to that it is worth trying. I gave it try during a holiday sale and within a few days decided to make the purchase.

I normally have at least some hesitation when switching from one software to another but making the switch was definitely worth it.

Outlook (PC version) has been getting buggy.

Mailbird review by Tami Osmer M.
Tami Osmer M.

"Great organization tool for multiple email accounts"

What do you like best?

I don't have to switch between email programs in order to access email from several different accounts -- they're all in a convenient list right in my Mailbird. Not only that, the "Unified Account" lets me peruse ALL of my incoming mail by date, again, not having to switch to individual accounts.

What do you dislike?

This may be user error on my part, but I dislike that when I reply to a message, the original message moves out of the "in" box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Turn off the sound for incoming mail :)

Because I manage several websites and have various types of email accounts (Outlook, gmail, site-specific, even an old Yahoo), the Unified Account makes it easy to see and respond to anything that comes in, as soon as it comes in.

Mailbird review by Michal I.
Michal I.

"Simple to operate with great possibilities"

What do you like best?

Easy to operate, fast. Has build in preview for basic files, so no need to open in editor (payed version).

Zero inbox pushes you to clean the inbox and handle/solve/clear all the emails.

I especially prefer the possibility to have add-ons on the sidebar, as this saves another applications or browser windows from running

What do you dislike?

Search functionality could be better. There is no possibility to filer what and where to search, it always searches in the whole email account. Some nice filtering after search would be also great (I'm missing the great search that Thunderbird had)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sure, need to give it a try.

At first, can be little different workflow then you are used to, but has great features/possibilities.

All email communication. Tasks management. Calendar.

Mailbird review by Jan M.
Jan M.

"Great e-mail client with integrated popular apps"

What do you like best?

I can snooze some of my e-mails to keep my inbox empty. I can integrate other apps I use like todoist, slack, google calendar, etc. It is a pretty useful. I can add e-mail only for sending. User experience during using Mailbird is great.

What do you dislike?

I miss delayed sending of e-mail, also integrated Asana is really slowly to use and I can´t move tasks by drag and drop (via web browser it works).

I use Mailbird for almost all communication and taks management and it is really friendly to use it.

Mailbird review by Bro Benjamin M.
Bro Benjamin M.

"MAILBIRD sUCKS!"

What do you like best?

I CAN HAVE MY CALENDAR AND EMAILS IN ONE VIEW.

What do you dislike?

For a month now, I've been fighting with Mailbird to refund my money after a couple of days of seeing that this email client isn't ready yet. There are several issues, but for me, the main one is that I have an Outlook.Live account where Mailbird doesn't show all the folders and emails in those folders. Every time I would ask for my money back, they would keep requesting for me to try something else to do and never address refunding me. Now that the suggestions are done, they keep sending emails from different reps asking me the same questions over and over again to troubleshoot the problem. They must really be hard up for money because they are doing all they can to not refund me. BUYER BEWARE WITH MAILBIRD!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUYER BEWARE!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

I've done more quality assurance testing than their own paid testers. No benefits realized, just wasted my time for free.

Mailbird review by Geoffrey G.
Geoffrey G.

"nice and modern but you need to pay"

What do you like best?

the best thing about mailbird is the interface, for windows users mailbird is awesome, it is fast and very easy to use, modern and actually it looks like a microsoft software. // Lo mejor de mailbird es la interface, para los usuarios de windows mailbird es muy bueno, es rapido y facil de usar, moderno y la verdad es que luce como un software de microsoft.

What do you dislike?

I think security data/email and what mailbird share or not is not well define or at least it is not easy to find in mailbird website, so, what does it means? it means we still don't know what personal information we share with mailbird company, so if you want to keep your emails secure I think this is not the software. // Pienso que la seguridad de la data y lo que la compañia desarrolladora de mailbird comparte o no no esta bien definido, que significa esto? significa que aun no conocemos que tipo de información compartimos con dicha compañia, asi que si deseas mantener seguros tus email y data creo que este no es el software adecuado.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First at all the free version is not so good, you need to pay for the "real good version" or use the trial version, but considering the good mailbird quality graphics and easy interface you can give a chance and try it. // Primero la version gratis no es muy buena, necesitas tener la version paga o usar la version de prueba completa para utilizar el software con toso sus beneficios pero considerando que la buena calidad de imagenes y la facil interface le puedes dar un chance y probarlo.

I am a thunderbird user, so mailbird actually did not resolve any email problem but I installed mailbird in several computers anyway to give it a chance. A real benefit are the differents software that comes with mailbird like whatsapp, facebook, etc. If you work in a SMM company or similar MAILBIRD HELPS A LOT. //

Soy un usuario de Thunderbird , por lo que mailbird en realidad no me soluciono problema con correos, pero he instalado mailbird en varios ordenadores de todos modos para darle una oportunidad . Un beneficio real son los diferentes software pre-instalados, como WhatsApp , facebook , etc. Si usted trabaja en una empresa SMM o similar pues este software le facilitara muchas tareas.

Mailbird review by Drago H.
Drago H.

"Easy ultiple E-mail management"

What do you like best?

Mailbird easily organize your multiple e-mail address just by a single software. the e-mail management is very easy to understand and very fast, and you can even customize the appearance so you can read e-mail more colorful and more to your liking. They also import your save and draft e-mails from the web. you can easily search senders and download attachments, and even delete and send are much more faster than using webs.

What do you dislike?

Mailbird is a multiple address e-mail management software, but they are still lack some features, such as marking multiple e-mail for deleting or saving. You have to manually delete or save one by one, witch is taking a long time. hopefully just like i said before, they imported all your folder and stuff, so you don't need to do it again, but still that's not quite helpful because you need to open the email first than you can save or delete it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommended this software to anyone that working or have more than a single e-mail, this software easily organize multiple e-mails. You can customize its appearance and its layout so you can easily read e-mail and more colorful. Although they have some lack features like multiple marking, but that can be ignored if you open the software every day to check incoming e-mails, although it will still be time consuming.

Just like android were you can register multiple e-mail addresses to get all e-mail coming to a single phone, this software also like that. You can register all your active e-mails to this software and you can easily manage them in you computer, at home or at the office. so you can easily manage your e- ail address without visiting the website.

Mailbird review by Jakub C.
Jakub C.

"Pretty and quite useful mailing client"

What do you like best?

For me it's best looking mailing client, finally something more than just regular ugly window with ton of icons. It's well organized and you can change placement of elements the way you want. It's great that other software liek dropbox and evernote connected in pro version.

User interface is great. Choice of colors, proportions and fonts is really good and it's important to me as a designer.

What do you dislike?

There's lack of some useful features that you can have in browser with gmail, like drag and drop conversation to folder or fact that you can't add more receipients while you're writing quick reply. Little details, but they can be a bit annoying sometimes.

Sometimes I don't like that settings are quite limited and I don't have as much features as in other mailing clients like Outlook.

I was also looking for free email client - you've got to pay for pro version and there is lot of software that is free. I'm using free version so my email client is containing ads and my account list is limited to three.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need complex mailing client and looking for something good looking and useful - that's it.

I started to like emailing when it finally look nice and pretty.

Mailbird review by Eliezer G.
Eliezer G.

"Interesante gestor de correo electronico"

What do you like best?

Es bonito, me gusta su diseño, su integración con el sistema operativo es estupenda, mas su fácil adaptación y aplicación al campo del correo electrónico me encanto en realidad, como el uso de complementos como Whatsapp y Calendar me a ayudado mucho con mi productividad.

What do you dislike?

Es la un poco confuso la integración con las carpetas donde están mis demás cuentas de correo ya que no me notifica por ningún medio cuando a estas cuentas llegan correos nuevos por lo cual tengo que estar en constante chequeo para no pasar por alto nada y así no perder ninguna información importante, me gustaría que mejoraran mucho ese aspecto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si les gusta programas coloridos, adaptados a las ultimas tendencias en tecnología y versatilidad junto con gran acabado en diseño, fácil gestión y control sobre su información, y contactos mas un toque personal, juvenil y agradable, este es el programa de correos indicado. Me a gustado en realidad bastante, y creo que es mi deber recomendar 100% esta programa para la gestión de correo electrónico en mi caso para el uso domestico en negocios desde el hogar.

Las ventajas que e tenido con este gestor de correo es que puedo estar al día con mis dos cuentas principales, agenda diaria, y contactos de Whatsapp o Facebook, por lo cual siento que tengo lo esencial en una solo programa y eso es de mucho provecho personal para mi día a dia.

Mailbird review by Marie Debbie K.
Marie Debbie K.

"It has been a life saver, been able to see all my emails in one place!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Mailbird is the ease of installation, they have a great support team. Once you install it you can start using it right away, the standard email companies are pre done for you.

What do you dislike?

It is very simple, but you do have to know the mail account information. For my company email, I had to call the central office to find out our settings, and ports used, I can see how it could be complicated if you do not have technical support on your office email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an email organizer, this is it! It will save you time, now you can see all your account in one place.

The time saved has been tremendous, I sometimes get company emails on my personal email, so having them all together allows me to very easily see my important emails. Also I can select what email account I am using to send the emails which it comes in handy if I get an email on my personal account I can send it from my company email so the customer will have the company email also.

Mailbird review by Adrian  L.
Adrian L.

"Excellent Email Platform"

What do you like best?

User-friendly system with the ability to integrate whatsapp on to the desktop. I also like that the ease of use is more distinct than web based email systems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think its working fine. no issues

Reliability and user issues when interacting with those via different services (google, whatsapp). Benefits are that there is more to use with mailbird

Mailbird review by dhruv g.
dhruv g.

"Good alternative for outlook "

What do you like best?

1. The ability to link more than 1 account. This lets the user have a single program to take care of mulltiple email id's.

2. Lightweight software.

3. Good Customised themes

4. Continuously improving the software

What do you dislike?

1. It is a little difficult to setup exchange accounts.

2. The interface is very modern and user friendly but more improvements can be there.

3. Addition of extra features and changes will make it worthy alternative for outllook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best if not the best alternatives to MS office.

linking of multiple e-mail accounts in a lightweight program.

Mailbird review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Better Mail Client For Windows 8+"

What do you like best?

Im using windows 8, and thunder bird email client, bit hard for me because it fetch email on demand. In my career as game developer, email from my client is really important thats why im using mailbird. Mailbird can integrate with windows 8 metro ui, clean interfaces, and most important is fetch email in the background.

What do you dislike?

I dont know why, mailbird really eating up so much RAM, i have 4gb rams on my work laptop. When i fired up chrome with a lot of tabs, some times my computer freeze. And sometimes, my email didnot sent, maybe i have to set different smtp / pop3 email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a windows 8 user, and looking for good ui interfaces, Mailbird is a good to go, also if you using a common mail server (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc) i think its a best choice for free Mailbird client. For user that using another server maybe you should test first about sending email.

I become more responsive with email, when client mail me to work email (which usually very slow load when on browser). Mailbird can deliver faster.

Mailbird review by Saka Mahendra A.
Saka Mahendra A.

"Very light email client"

What do you like best?

Mailbird is email client that I used everyday. Mailbird use very light system. It mean it didn't use many resource if I run in my computer. Mailbird have many features that I like. Like: Facebook feature, Whatsapp and many more.

But of course I use Mailbird to check and send mail.

What do you dislike?

I don't really know what I dislike from mailbird.

because I only use mailbird to send and receive email and chatting system only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mail bird is very light.

Not heavy like the other mail application client.

And Mail bird also one of the best email client that can be used in Windows.

And if you are Indonesian or Balinese.

Mailbird is created in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

Sending email, receiving email, chatting, social media.

I usually use mailbird to do this action.

Mailbird review by Nurman Z.
Nurman Z.

"Amazing Mail Client Ever"

What do you like best?

the simplicity of the UI/UX, the cleanness of UI and Mailbird really fast to fetch my email. Also it has notification if there are some email appeared

What do you dislike?

laggy, and sometimes on some occasion it not responded and crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this mail client if you tired for conventional mail client, you can use Mailbird

After use Mailbird, I can check my email easily in my office computer. So I won't miss a chance if clients email me, because I always know it while Mailbird open in my background process

Mailbird review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Super Concept - Horrible Execution "

What do you like best?

Mailbird aims to solve all of the issues of a freelancer juggling multiple projects simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

As useful and attractive as Mailbird is, the fact that the company's helpdesk and management are unconnected and clueless, makes it worthless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don’t recommend use.

Mailbird, if operational, would solve all of the headaches associated with not having a unified mailbox for my 5 email accounts.

Mailbird review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Mailbird for Work"

What do you like best?

It looks better than any other mail tool currently available. I think Thunderbird looks outdated. It has great keyboard shortcuts for everything.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't change the font I see in the user interface. It requires a massive amount of memory for what it does. I think it should be using half as much memory or less. You also can't change your background image. The price is outrageous for being just an email tool. It should be about $10. Maybe $20 when it's better. $50 is insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks good. You need to have a good computer in order for Mailbird to sit in the background and not cause lag.

I use it for my work mail. I send and receive emails to and from co-workers. It has the ability to mark emails as important and favorite, which I find to be useful.

Mailbird review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"very functional, and easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

It is easy to read your emails, search for emails. and send, very quick.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have a fully functional calendar/task addon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes you don't need an email platform with all the bells and whistles. A good stable, reliable platform.

Easy to navigate

Mailbird review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Very good Software"

What do you like best?

Good clear presentation. Easy to use and well thought out system. Great performance and good connection to social services. Top contact overview from different mail accounts.

What do you dislike?

That you can only create a signature. It would be very useful that you could create multiple signatures and when creating a new message this would have to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great functional mail client without a lot of tweaking with some additional improvement tools for signature.

The contact Liste from Googlemail.

Mailbird review by Lexi S.
Lexi S.

"Good mailing service"

What do you like best?

This allows me to efficiently send mail to customers

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Mailbird for your business!

Reaching contacts easily and quickly

Mailbird review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Constantly getting better"

What do you like best?

Snoozing emails. Quickly reading emails using the speed reader (pro feature). Integration with 3rd party services. Implementation of Contact Manager including sync.

What do you dislike?

The software still lacks filters and rules. Implementation of new features not following user demand.

Faster Inbox Zero.

Mailbird review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Pocket Knife version of Email Software"

What do you like best?

Keyboard shortcuts. Greatly enhances APM (Actions Per Minute) count in sorting/dealing with new electronically-written correspondences and system-generated notifications.

What do you dislike?

Sadly, no native Exchange/MAPI support. If you are able to do this, it will be a breeze. In fact, you guys should develop Exchange support as a premium plugin. I will definitely buy it from you guys!

WOOT

Mailbird review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Email Client "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Clean interface. Linkedin Sync

What do you dislike?

Search could be better like we have in Gmail

Zero mailbox

Mailbird review by Claus K.
Claus K.

"All what I need..."

What do you like best?

The possibility to integrate further apps.

What do you dislike?

The update function works not always reliable.

Scheduling and coperation

Learning about Mailbird?

* We monitor all Mailbird reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.