Mailchimp

(10,100 reviews)

Mailchimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for Mailchimp?

Consultant in Consumer Services
View Original

"Gets the job done!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mailchimp
Mailchimp review by Bradley C.
Bradley C.

"Free package is a solid entry level platform"

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Mailchimp review by Zach B.
Zach B.

"An above average email marketing tool that can fit tight budgets"

What do you like best?

Signing up is quick and easy. The way the menus and features are laid out is nice and neat. I can intuitively know where to go and what to do pretty quickly. Even people that have minimal technical ability can typically work their way through this platform without major issues. The email templates are solid and help to at least get us started on emails for particular topics or purposes. I like being able to add import contacts quickly with a spreadsheet file.

What do you dislike?

At the standard level, there isn't a whole lot other than email marketing that can be done effectively with Mailchimp. There are other features and software you can integrate with Mailchimp, but I think most of that is a bit complicated for basic users such as myself. Using the Mailchimp mobile app isn't as smooth and easy as using the desktop browser version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an email platform with lots of options, Mailchimp probably isn't at the top of the list. There are several other email marketing platforms that have far more advanced capabilities. If you want a platform that's simple and straightforward though, then I think Mailchimp can be a great low cost solution.

Mailchimp is a platform that allows me to store many contacts from various sources. The sign up forms made it easier for me to obtain new contacts in a passive way. Users can sign up through our forms at any hour of the day, which is convenient for everyone involved. Mailchimp has made it easier to create, edit and distribute large amounts of emails in a professional and legal way.

Mailchimp review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

the tags that mailchimp provides helps to better organize contacts

the list of subscribers is an increase in sales because subscribers are interested

Mailchimp confirms the emails that are seen and those that are not

you can connect with social networks to get ads from the company

you can customize the campaigns as you want you want them to come out

What do you dislike?

In the option that they give from the beginning of having Mailchimp for a few days for free does not offer all the services that are acquired when you start to pay and then so in free mode you can not interact or know how the platform is just offer something very basic of what the whole platform has and although with the free form I like it I would have liked it more if they give all the benefits from the beginning so be free

It serves a lot to increase customers, production and sales

the sending of campaigns are created faster professionally

A more organized order of all customers is maintained

Mailchimp review by Jim W.
Jim W.

"Mailchimp is great for the small startup with room to grow"

What do you like best?

The service is free till your business grows to a point where sensible growth facilitates a paid plan. Plus the interface is super easy to use. If this is the first time using an online email service, Mailchimp is a great place to start. Really enough can't be said about the ease of use. The templates can all be altered with code adjustments for the more experienced user. But for those just starting out, Mailchimp is one of the easiest platforms to use to date.

What do you dislike?

The format leaves a limited choice of templated emails with somewhat limited placement. I have used both Mailchimp and Constant Contact. While admittedly I've only used the free platforms, I found Constant Contact provided a lot more options when building an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is super simple an is easy to navigate after a short time. Don't be afraid to try additional options to see where it might take you. Use the review options often to see how your email campaigns will look on both mobile and desktop devices.

Using mailchimp for regular email campaigns to inform our listeners of new exciting podcasts and opportunities for them to go deeper into the arts. Have been developing an ecomm campaign to integrate with Mailchimp which thus far has also proven to be a successful effort with positive result coming in. Once again, Mailchimp provides all that we need at this stage of development in our email campaigns.

Mailchimp review by Sujee K.
Sujee K.

"Mailchimp Review"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp comes with a free plan that offers a lot from email campaigns, templates, list management and 2000 subscribers allowed to begin. It is compatible with a lot of 3rd party apps - I use it in conjunction with Zapier to connect leads generated from a separate service I use (i.e. Leadpages, Wordpress)

What do you dislike?

Understandably, the free plan has a Mailchimp sign at the bottom of all outgoing emails but it doesn't look very appealing. The Mailchimp Wordpress Plugin isn't that stellar compared to other free wordpress plugins. Also, the integration with a popular 3rd party app called Intercom isn’t great as it only allows one email field to be selected within the Intercom Messenger - they should allow more field choices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple solution to collect leads that is FREE and has great security and good user interface - this is it. It is compatible with a lot of other apps, it doesn't cost a lot to upgrade, however if you want a subscribe plugin for Wordpress users, there are better options out there.

By far the ability to collect leads from our site and then exporting these leads to share with clients or using them to send newsletters.

Mailchimp review by Musette S.
Musette S.

"Email Newsletters Made Easy"

What do you like best?

It is great for small business that do not send newsletters out often or even once a month. Their free plan is awesome for people with small mailings and MailChimp's Grow plan is priced really well. I get all the bells and whistles I need to send out amazing newsletters either using their templates or creating my own. This tool is easy to use and if you are new to this there are tons of tutorials not just from MailChimp but from other sources.

What do you dislike?

As a past Benchmark user the one thing I dislike is MailChimps's automation. I mean I can setup rules for follow up emails based on what people do who receive it. But try to set-up rules for more complex automations and you find it not very intuitive and the steps are clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for novices and experts when it comes to getting a newsletter out that is clean, readable and deliverable. As you gain more confidence in using MailChimp there are many options to explore in making your newsletter stand out and be well received.

I think the biggest problem that MailChimp has solved for us is that our newsletters get delivered! Though it does look like, when I have the newsletters delivered to my Gmail account, they end up in in my promotions area. Now I check that area but others, like my sister, might check it once a month. Another problem that MailChimp solves is the quick turn around for newsletters. I can use one of their templates, add images and text, get it to my boss for final approval and send it out in a couple of hours tops. Plus others, who are not so graphically savvy can produce something pretty decent.

Mailchimp review by Wilfredo P.
Wilfredo P.

"A fun tool to do marketing through email."

What do you like best?

Mailchimp offers a free version that offers almost all the functions that premium versions have. It offers a very intuitive interface. What I like most is that you can send via email campaigns as well as forms and announcements that we can synchronize with services like Google or instagram.

What do you dislike?

Although the automation of the templates offered by this platform is acceptable, I have sometimes presented problems when the workflow is somewhat more complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company or institution is small the free version is very viable to meet the goals. If, on the contrary, the target audience is wider, Mailchimp offers accessible plans that will exponentially improve each advertising strategy they design....

With Mailchimp we have been able to do the marketing work in a fun and easy way. Knowing for example how many people have seen our campaign and how many times they have clicked on our links allows us to know if our management is really achieving the objectives.

Mailchimp review by Rafael D.
Rafael D.

"Using Chimpmail Works."

What do you like best?

I like that I can send 12,000 emails a month for free, and reach 2000 of my customers. I love that you can create marketing campaigns by using the templates they provide for you. I also love that chimpmail monitors all unsubcribed emails and all bounced emails, this keeps your email list clean and accurate.

What do you dislike?

That I can only send to 2000 customers for free

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free, they let you add 2000 customer emails, and you can send up to 12,000 emails a month. I recommennd using the marketing campaign to target your customers. Chimpmail is very easy to use and it manages all unscubscribed and bounced emails. All their reports come in very handy to. If you try using chimpmail you will love it.

I'm able to market and get my product out there. I realized that a good portion of my customers actually look at my email and come to my location.

Mailchimp review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Give Mailchimp a chance!"

What do you like best?

It's free. You can't beat the features it offers in the free plan. New to email marketing? Then this is your tool. I have paid for other programs and used other freebies and this one is the best deal going right now for what it offers for free. You can do all the things you need to do and try it out to see if it's for you but it's likely you will end up paying for a plan since it is a very good tool for your business. Ever wonder how people send out those cool emails every month or send sale coupons or send you a happy birthday message? This is what they use.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard doesn't feel as premium as some of the other paid tools, however it gets the job done so that's barely a complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to lose to try this product. It does what you need it to do, even on the free version. Get started using it and don't be overwhelmed, this is your best option for getting started with an email service like this.

I use Mailchimp for my personal blog site and have connected it to Facebook accounts too. For most people, the problem it's going to solve for you is just getting started. It's free, you have nothing to lose to try it. Watch a video on Youtube about hwo to use it and jump in. It's not much more complicated than writing an email and moving some images around to make something cool to send out to people.

Mailchimp review by James M.
James M.

"Mailchimp has many advantages"

What do you like best?

I find it interesting to be able to track all the emails sent, they are not the normal type of emails sent with advertising campaigns are custom designs and makes customers feel more interested in the product or brand we offer, it is easy to create an account with Mailchimp only need an email and start with a free version that let me see all the benefits I had and that's why I liked and started paying to continue with this work platform

What do you dislike?

I should have a chat online to be able to contact me more easily with them and that the answer is quick not having to wait for the mail with the question I had days later because I have surely solved my problem and when they respond it will not be useful for me. nothing the solution

It benefits the marketing area to be more flexible and easier to create advertising campaigns saves time in the execution of the multiple campaigns that have to be done and the sending of pending who opened or not the mail

Mailchimp review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Great for sending out newsletters"

What do you like best?

I use Mailchimp to send out quarterly newsletters to our clients. It is pretty simple to create them and send them. They have a lot of format options and holiday options which we take advantage of. If you are looking for a simple email marketing program this works great. We have been using it for a few years now with great results. It does integrate with zappier so thats also a plus if you are trying to keep lists updated.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had some kind of an integration with our scheduling software. It gets to be a lot of work trying to keep up with new client emails and adding them to the list. You do not want to keep uploading whole lists otherwise people that have unsubscribed will get onto another list. Zappier is an option but its just another program you have to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. The free service is worth it. We get a lot of good feed back using mailchimp. The custom designs are great for people that are not great designers.

We use it to get in contact with people that have used our service in the past. We send out specials and newsletters with information that is that is useful for our clients. It helps us stay in touch without having to call them or send out post cards. It is a lot easier to keep in touch with our clients via email. We used to use post cards but that was always a very expensive way to remind people to use our service again.

Mailchimp review by Alysha T.
Alysha T.

"I'm bananas for MailChimp"

What do you like best?

Makes designing eye-catching emails easy. Their drag-and-drop system makes it very easy to design and rearrange the content blocks, and be confident that it's going to look great on almost all email clients.

Managing email lists. I have integrated MailChimp with two customer management systems that makes it easy and automatic to add new email addresses to the MailChimp lists.

Making sign-up forms on websites. MailChimp generates the code needed to embed an email newsletter sign-up form on your website.

Because MailChimp is so popular they integrate with lots of systems. For example, there are numerous WordPress plug-ins that integrate MailChimp into your website.

A/B testing with MailChimp is also really easy. I commonly A/B test subject lines. They automatically use the winning subject line to send out to the remainder of my recipients.

What do you dislike?

When editing an email you have to edit the text in a panel in the sidebar. I would prefer if you could type and format directly in the preview pane as you can with some competitors.

They don't offer a "live view" of people opening the emails around the world. Some competitors do this. It's more of a gimmick than a useful reporting tool, but my clients love to watch it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is perfect for small businesses looking to easily stay in touch with clients via email.

I use MailChimp to manage email marketing campaigns for several of my clients. Most of my clients are high-end fine art and antique dealers. We use MailChimp to communicate with their existing customers about new acquisitions, upcoming events, sales, etc. We also use it to segment customer based on interest, so we can target emails directly to people who are most likely to be interested in the content.

Mailchimp review by David L.
David L.

"Best for email marketing! "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and schedule email campaigns to send! That is my favorite part of the system, I can create the campaign in the morning and have it send out in the evening during prime send hours for effectiveness. I am out of the office by that time so that also makes it highly useful. The templates are very easy to use and allow for professional email campaigns all while keeping within budget and in house. Being a small company its much more useful than having to outsource this. I like that it is also a fellow Georgian company.

What do you dislike?

more features overall, would be better to have standard info that doesn't change from campaign to campaign. Maybe more tiers for different types of customers would be nice to add as well. I hope the company does see this so they can maybe implement these ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the platform first!

retaining current subscribers while gaining new ones. We are able to bring more awareness to our products to our email subscribers. It also gives them a reason to spread the word and generate more subscribers for us. We also use the platform to send out important notices to our current customers. Brand awareness is our greatest challenge right now so this allows for us to tackle the problem much faster than the competition. All while doing it from the free tier. You just can't beat that really.

Mailchimp review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.

"Best Drag and Drop Email Builder in the Market"

What do you like best?

I've always been a fan of the UI in Mailchimp. I was a user a few years ago when it looked much different than now but it still looks and feels amazing. Mailchimp provides a step by step dummy proof way of creating email campaigns without having to know any html. Its great for beginners or advanced users that just want to get something done quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think the new interface is too white. I like the minimal approach but adding some more colour wouldn't hurt. That being said, I"m still a big fan of the functionality. I just think they've gone TOO minimal with their interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there is opportunity in the pricing model. I like that its free up to a certain amount of contacts but I think you can have more intro level packages at a smaller price.

It solved my database issue. Its great to be able to build a database of customers so you can keep in touch with them like on holidays or if you are about to do a promotion.

Mailchimp review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"Loving MailChimp for All Marketing Emails "

What do you like best?

I love that with MailChimp, the emails are easily customizable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about Mailchimp is that the templates are not really that interesting. They are pretty basic; however, they get the job done and it is very clean and polished looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that others who are considering Mailchimp play around a bit on the software. It is very easy to use and if you ever find yourself lost, it is fairly simple to click around a bit and learn about the product through trial and error. The support team is also very helpful, should you ever need them.

I am solving a marketing and content problem with Mailchimp. I have realized that by communicating to our audience of over 60,000 subscribers, we are better able to serve them in terms of communication. Sometimes, social media just isn't enough and by putting all of our upcoming promotions in an email newsletter with Mailchimp, we are able to better serve our clients and app users.

Mailchimp review by Lucas C.
Lucas C.

"Contacting Users is easier than ever before"

What do you like best?

I like that I have the ability to maintain a mailing list, but I don't have to be responsible for the data. It's nice to be able to reach the people that like my books and keep in communications with anyone that wants to be contacted. I also like that there is a free option for those of us that don't have a lot of money

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it bothers me with asking if i want to upgrade, they lock some features behind a paywall, and the messages you send out require you to add your address to the bottom. I don't like people knowing where I live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your audience is less than 2000, it's the best way to get the word out about anything.

I've been able to contact my fans and readers without having to manage their data. I like that as I don't want to have their data. As far as benefits go; I genuinely like being able to send one letter to all the people.

Mailchimp review by Roy W.
Roy W.

"incredible campaigns in a short time"

What do you like best?

the marketing approach is very necessary to show customers a good face of the company and encourage them to acquire our services

It works correctly on the web and I can use it on any computer whenever I want

Creating campaigns is fun is a different way of writing and being able to customize

Easy configuration

What do you dislike?

The only bad thing that has happened to me with mailchimp is when I made my registration I did not get the mail to do the activation, it took several hours to arrive, and when I arrived there was no problem to activate it and continue with the steps to learn it handle without any failure

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it a lot I think it serves quite well and helps in advertising campaigns in a different way

It has served to send emails to customers in bulk so that they know about our products, is a different way to create campaigns

Mailchimp review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

"Marketing area on the Mailchimp platform"

What do you like best?

allows me to maintain a close contact with customers to provide better care, provides an excellent source of traffic through the creation of mailing list, I really like this platform has served a lot for the marketing area

What do you dislike?

I do not think the mailchimp platform is bad, I do not have something to say that I do not like it, I do not have anything bad that has happened to me or something has not happened, sometimes the platform is slow but I think that is more of problems of my internet than of the mailchimp platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended 100% is an excellent work platform

Wao I just have to thank Mailchimp for its good services offered and for improving more and more, this marketing platform has been a blessing for my area of ​​work. It favors me very much this type of platforms that provide such an excellent sales service and have a control of sales and customers while before I delayed so much in reviewing sales and if I had communicated with customers I had work disorder I could not find a list of clients but with mailchimp I was able to solve all the problem of order in my area of ​​work... Thank you

Mailchimp review by Edmund K. L.
Edmund K. L.

"Awesome tool to communicate with your customers electronically"

What do you like best?

We usually require newsletters and promotional contents to inform our clients about the ongoing situation in goods. So we use this tool to send newsletters and promotional contents to our clients. This tool is quite good in this so It is used by Marketing department. It helps us to find prospects also for our products.

What do you dislike?

They should include some more fonts in its Drag and Drop feature. It will give the user more options to make the content beautiful and impressive.

Its web application is very good but its mobile application is not that good. I once used it but i find it difficult to design a newsletters because of its user interface. And mobile application had crashed also multiple times.

When we go on higher subscriber base I find its pricing on a higher side. It seems un-affordable for small businesses like us.

Sending bulk of email to clients for update and everything else

Mailchimp review by Humphry M.
Humphry M.

"Best free tool for Email marketing"

What do you like best?

As I was beginning my marketing career, I needed to friend alternatives to paid tools to grow my business. Being in the marketing industry, I knew one of the first things I need to do was to build an email list. After searching for some time I found mail-chimp. It's, by far, the best free tool to grow your email list. It gives you most of the features a paid version to mailchip would minus the extra subscribers allowed. If you are just getting started this is the tool to use to grow your email list. The great things is that integrations are super simple because it's a well-known tool for email list. I connected it with my CRM and it make me more efficient. Try it out!

What do you dislike?

Although many people use it as a free tool at the beginning the interface may seem to be a little daunting because of the additional benefits one gets once the tools maneuverability is learned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure to review the help resources as much as possible.

I have been able to integrate this tool to my crm and create zapps to automate some of the processes in the back end. Essentially, it allow the business to run more smoothly.

Mailchimp review by Caitlin I.
Caitlin I.

"LOVE this Platform!"

What do you like best?

Seriously...Mailchimp has been a life saver for our organization. Sending mass emails to thousands of our customers has never been easier. Love the ability to draft and sort different email campaigns, create lists of email recipients (and import from Excel spreadsheets with no issues!!), and view the percentages of opens/clicks on a specific campaign!

What do you dislike?

The only issue I've experienced with Mailchimp is that if multiple people are signed in and editing an email, generally one of the group's changes are deleted and the other person's changes are saved. This is rarely an issue though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is well worth the cost! It has truly improved the way we reach our customers and has helped our team create beautiful email campaigns!

Mailchimp helps us to save money by sending electronic messages rather than physical mail. It has also made mass emailing SO easy through list imports and the ability to build your email format right within the platform itself! We've also appreciated being able to view our email audience metrics within the platform, viewing how much engagement our campaigns get, what our total audience is, and how many bounces or unsubscribes we have had.

Mailchimp review by Beau K.
Beau K.

"Chip Monkey experience"

What do you like best?

I love that ChipMonkey has a free option where you can disseminate 1,000 emails. It is very simple to use and has an amazing auto-send function where you can schedule when your emails are blasted so that you do not have to manually do it yourself. ChipMonkey also has an amazing members account where you can send tens of thousands of emails. This is the future of email blasting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can only send out around 1,000 emails on the free account. Sometimes it is inconvenient to have to manually delete accounts that you do not want to send emails to anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them to keep clear and organized spreadsheets on excel that match the correct upload format the MailChimp requires. When you keep a well organized excel sheet it will be easy for you to upload your mass email lists which will enable you to immediately send out your emails.

With MailChimp I am able to send thousands of emails at a time without having to manually email each person for certain events or reminders, advertisements. It is also very convenient to convert excel sheets to MailChimp in order to mass emails on the software.

Mailchimp review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Great for small business owner!"

What do you like best?

Helps stream being in touch with customers and super easy for a small business owner! Easy integration with Shopify website and only takes a few minutes to get setup and start using. Easy to use and a lot of helpful tools and tips offered. Again, great for small business owners looking to help streamline their marketing campaigns and save some time.

What do you dislike?

So far I am having no issues with using Mailchimp, but I am sure something will come up with more use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small business owners looking to engage with their customers and be able to send out email marketing campaigns! Easy integration with Shopify website, and helpful tools and tips from Mailchimp to get and hold onto customers. I enjoy all the emails when you get started helping you set up different things to engage with your customers.

Mailchimp has helped me stream line being in touch with my customers, something as a small business owner I don't have a lot of time for. I really enjoy how easy it was to get setup and start using. The email marketing campaigns are super easy to get going with, as well as adding a mailing list to your website took just a few seconds. The Mailchimp and Shopify integration was also seamless and only took a few minutes to get setup. Helpful took to add to the ones you use for your business and great product so far!

Mailchimp review by Bruno A.
Bruno A.

" 1142/5000 More subscribers daily with us"

What do you like best?

Create lists to send an advertising campaign is easy to do and what I like most about this part is to be able to put where I am sending the mail so that customers know that it is from our company but if they do not remember when it was you subscribed with us you can write in Remind people how they signed up to your list there will know that the mail is safe and there is no problem in opening it, Mailchimp also has the option to notify me when there are more subscribers who are subscribing with us

What do you dislike?

I have a problem sending emails and I do not know how to do it so that it does not reach the spam tray to the clients since many clients do not look at the messages when they arrive at spam and the information does not arrive, I do not know how to do it so that it reaches the main tray and not spam

advertising campaigns satisfy customers knowing more about us and that is why we create advertising campaigns with Mailchimp that is easy to use and helps us to spread more important information and that customers will love to read them.

Mailchimp review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Great for email management and creation"

What do you like best?

If your business doesn't have a dedicated email server and team, MailChimp is a fun, user-friendly way to work on your regular email campaigns, while keep your lists healthy and within CAN-SPAM requirements. It uses a WYSIWYG interface and east email upload, plus results tracking for opens, clicks and more.

What do you dislike?

My workplace's email database needs to do some data gymnastics to fit into Mailchimp's list requirements. Every few weeks we run a pivot table and massage the list to ensure the emails and affiliated info are "MailChimp friendly", and that's a time-sink when I've got other things to do.

Like a lot of WYSIWYG editors, MailChimp sometimes doesn't have the flexibility to achieve the look you want, so the piece has to compromise. However, Mailchimp has gotten better in recent years at splitting up columns, tiling images and more.

MailChimp doesn't allow business contracts or check payment for billing. You have to set up a dedicated credit/debit card - it's only way.

Sometimes there's an unavoidable scenario where another Mailchimp customer sends out spam, the customer blocks MailChimp, and then you can't send to them. It's not great, but you can ask your customer to opt into your stuff personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! There's a free trial for small lists, so it's no money lost. The pricing also goes by list size, NOT email frequency -- so you don't have to worry about your email frequency needs increasing your monthly costs.

When you have a large audience, Mailchimp helps you keep that group aware in an easy to control way. You can merge custom info for personalized data, which would cost us far more to do via mail. It also keeps a record of unsubscribers, which keeps us from running afoul of legal anti-spamming mandates.

Mailchimp review by Arthur J.
Arthur J.

"creator of campaigns with success and creativity"

What do you like best?

I create campaigns on information of interest for the clients that I share through e-mail or other channels, the templates that you manage there are many to choose any style and create many different ones. The personalization of each campaign that is sent does not repeat the information, the logo, the letter, the color everything makes it different in each one for a better attention to the client and that is interested in reading the information sent

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only bad thing is when you load the images in the template it takes time to upload the quality that is the original of the photo is a matter of giving it time to finish well uploading and not overloading the page because there is a slower put, there is nothing worse that I see mailchimp of the rest I like to work with this page

Customers are more informed since they began to create advertising campaigns with mailchimp, sometimes when we delay in sending information to the same customers they write to us that because we have not sent an advertising campaign that is why we try to send information more often and that Customers feel informed

Mailchimp review by marian c.
marian c.

"I like it"

What do you like best?

I love your automation, since we can have a list of contacts to send a series of emails periodically, and follow the purchases made and clicks, so they automatically send similar emails automatically to help us sell many more products and thus get more benefit, we can also do market studies, knowing what our clients like the most with a single glance at the statistics given by mail chimp

What do you dislike?

It has some negative points, given that it is an application of automation, the mails are limited, so it does not allow us to do as much spam as we would like, we can also point out that it is a somewhat expensive application compared to other companies, and having us workers in Spain who do not have knowledge in English, it is a disadvantage that is a tool that is one hundred percent in English

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is advisable since its usefulness is immense

It can be said that it helps when it comes to advertising some new product for sale by our clients, and benefits them when it comes to billing more

Mailchimp review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"Excellent software for marketing through electronic commerce"

What do you like best?

I consider this software to be the first in the email marketing industry. I like its ease of use for sending newsletters and the number of templates that can be used. In addition I added the integrations you have, for example through a popup when you enter the website. To this this service complies with all legal normal data privacy. It is really amazing software. It also has the advantage of being free to use up to 2,000 subscribers. That is a great support for small companies that are testing the platform

What do you dislike?

I do not like that its API is complicated to use, it is not very friendly, despite this I think that the platform really has potential and you can achieve excellent digital marketing with this. Also in the free version does not have great analytical tools, these tools come in the paid version. But it is a cost that is worth taking to improve the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this platform, it really is very good because it greatly facilitates the sending of mass emails, in addition to having statistics on how email marketing is working. I also recommend it because this software complements the privacy laws. Despite not having many integrations beyond links and popup, or certain specific applications

In the company solvento all our problems of distribution of newsletters, really now it is very simple and dynamic this distribution, since it can be done directly on the mailchimp platform.

Mailchimp review by Abraham F.
Abraham F.

"Best Free and paid e-Mail service"

What do you like best?

How easy is to use Mailchimp, only with a few clicks you can set up a Tier-1 marketing tool, i've been using Mailchimp for over 4 years now and i'm not changing any time soon, the analytics are amazing, you can check the type of bounces, unsuscribed users, spam friendly filter and set up the suscription button for your blog or website.

What do you dislike?

I have a few notes on this, the compability with html external templates is not very helpfull because some designs doesn't work (i don't know why) the custom templates are ok but for the free tier i think is ok, also, the amount of contacts they allow you to have on the free tier is 2000, wich is very small compared to others services were they offer 5000. Mailchimp has a limit to on how many emails you can send in one month, i belive is 6000 for the free tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No need to worry, use MC, they will take care of you.

We were trying to send a small bi-monthly newsletter to our clients and using several services a big amount of clients reported our mails were been reciving it on the spam folder, with mailchimp we no longer get reports from spam and we have an amaing tool of suscription on our website wich solved the problem on "how do we get leads from the website without copy and paste every single one of the suscription email"

Mailchimp review by Val B.
Val B.

"Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to send bulk emarketing emails to our tweeter, Instagram, etc followers. Furthermore, having the customer's email address on the To line make it personal. It has capability of running reports. We also use the SMTP API to send emails from our ecommerce software. There is a report feature that shows demographics infromation as well as comparing statistics information. This is an account detail that shows delivery Rate, Bounce Rate, and SPAM rate. These statistic are nice to have I you are able to see if there are issues with email deliveries or mails being marked as SPAM. You can also have these stats automatically email to you.

What do you dislike?

My guess is that we get a three percent bounce back due to the recipient's email service provider marking our emails as potential SPAM. It would be nice if there is a way to get 100% of the email to be sent successfully. Support is mostly done via Knowledge Base online web query. It would be nice to have a live person to talk to .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is great to sending emarketing bulk emails to existing and potential new customers.

We are trying to solve brand and product awareness. With Mailchimp we were able to increase our sales twenty percent plus increase more new and returning customers. We have also integrated the SMTP function to allow Magento to send order confirmations to our customers in addition to sending out shipment confirmations.

Mailchimp review by Gilb T.
Gilb T.

"Easy, good, authentic and creative"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Mailchimp is not having to download or install any software the computer saves me time to get set up that are usually difficult to install.

It is not difficult to learn to use Mailchimp but it is not very easy either, so when I did not understand something or had a question before communicating with support I went to the knowledge base and there I solved my problem because it is quite complete the base with all the questions and very well explained answers.

What do you dislike?

To customize the subscription form the first time it took me a long time to configure it well I did not load the contact data from my list, I had to try more than twice from the beginning to be able to configure it well and there would be no problems in the future , I've only had that problem since I'm with Mailchimp

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret using Mailchimp is a different way to send emails

share marketing companies at a massive level, very well designed with a high level of professionalism attracts the attention of customers who see the emails that are sent and contact us for the same creative that they are and help sales that are easier to specify.

Mailchimp review by Oluwaseun R.
Oluwaseun R.

"Mailchimp is great but......."

What do you like best?

First of all, the free features mailchimp offers are enough to make the mouth of any entrepreneur water in ecstasy. Coupled with the fact that it is the mailing service with the highest number of integrations available, mailchilp is the go to option for most people.

What do you dislike?

The support is terrible!!!! I have never received a proper response for whatever mail i send to the support team. I guess that's probably because im using the free version though.

The only other reason i would not recommend mailchimp is because of its omnivore feature. i call omnivore a disaster rather than a feature.

Omnivore has plagued most of my mailing lists and rendered them virtually useless. I think is a feature that should be completely removed since it also ends up attacking innocent lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good value. But ill recommend you go for the paid plan srtaightaway.

Like they say, the money is in the list. Mailchimp has helped me carry out effective email marketing with little or no budget. Other alternatives like aweber and campaign monitor sure have a solid competitor in mailchimp.

Mailchimp review by Roy C.
Roy C.

"I avoid being aware of the time and day to send emails"

What do you like best?

I use Mailchimp a lot and to be able to create emails in advance so I can send them later and schedule when I want the date and time to be sent, it helps me to be calmer at work and not to be aware of the time to send the information, I just schedule it to be send and I'm calm because I know it was sent correctly.

To know who opened the email and how many times it opened and if the email has a link you can also know if it opened it seems very cool so you can have a statistics of all the emails that are sent how many are open.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to control more notifications that come to me because I feel that there are some that do not interest me and take time away from reviewing the ones that really interest me, when I open my Mailchimp account I have more than 50 notifications and all those really they are interested in there are half.

It helps a lot to not be running at the last minute to send the emails because sometimes the emails are created and you can have them ready to send but if something happens that one has to leave the office or ran out of internet outside of it could not send but with Mailchimp this tool is super smart that I do not have to worry about that other than advance work.

Mailchimp review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Effortless Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive the Mailchimp interface is. It's so easy to create email campaigns, connect with Google Analytics, set up social cards and track performance metrics. We have multiple people at work using Mailchimp and it requires so little training because it's just so easy to use. It also gives you the option to automatically optimize the send time for your list, which makes the stress of picking when to send your email nonexistent.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike beyond some minor limitations. From my knowledge of the features (and there could be integrations I'm not considering), automation is somewhat limited compared to other software. I'd be willing to bet that if I looked into it more and integrated with other software, I'd be able to do everything I want. Since the software is so popular, there are lots of integrations available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the goals of your company. One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is that it works well if you're sending emails to a wide variety of audiences. We use Mailchimp for consumer-facing, B2B and internal communications and it works well across the board because it's so versatile.

We're able to quickly and easily test and send our newsletters and marketing emails through Mailchimp. It's easy to use, flexible and shows great engagement metrics. Being able to see exactly where a recipient is clicking has helped us optimize our email design and copy for engagement.

Mailchimp review by Adriana J.
Adriana J.

"Usefulness in email marketing"

What do you like best?

The easiness to design the template as mail presentation and the registry configuration of the mailing list for the campaign. Besides being an excellent tool to monitor campaigns, it allows the control and verification of each email sent, if it was received, if it was read, and to rethink email marketing strategies and potential customers.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not listed something I do not like, however, I think there are always things to improve and learn, and it can be improved in terms of allowing more tools when inserting images and designing the custom template. Templates are used as brochures or small presentations that are also attractive for viewing potential clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

They must prove it really worth it, it is a tool that facilitates the management of email marketing campaigns and has a lot of scalability. Highly recommended for campaign managers and digital marketing companies and digital information consulting.

The use of this tool in email marketing has been wonderful, very useful and useful. It allows me to present the monitoring and analysis of the campaigns sent and each time improving the content and the presentation of the same for the acquisition of clients. I recommend it one hundred percent. And I appreciate this type of tools and the free access to implement it and know it.

Mailchimp review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"Easy to use and professional creation"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, everything is very clear and very basic it is not difficult to start it to handle since everything is very well specified.

Being able to send emails professionally without having to pay a person with a professional degree is very good because it saves costs and one learns to manage these marketing tools more, likes the simplicity that has to create templates and the creativity of as you see the mail goes in oneself.

What do you dislike?

Since I'm with Mailchimp only something bad has happened to me once and it was when I opened the account that I did not get the confirmation email to be able to activate the account last more than half an hour trying to make the mail arrive I thought I was going to do a disaster all because if it was the beginning I did not imagine what it would be like afterwards but to my astonishment it has not been like that because everything looks good to me Mailchimp

Creation of emails in a professional manner is what caught my attention from the beginning and the ease of creating them without needing to depend on someone to teach me how to do it. This has been my problem solved thanks to Mailchimp

Mailchimp review by Maureen C.
Maureen C.

"User friendly, safe, easy to personalize"

What do you like best?

MailChimp allows any organization to look like they hired a professional firm to manage their media outreach and communications. I love that you can create templates to reuse for regular use (newsletters, weekly email blasts), but it's so easy to create something new while also easily accessing your media files to incorporate for the sake of creating a brand.

What do you dislike?

I very much appreciate that MailChimp takes seriously the offense of spamming email accounts, but it can be too strict for companies to do what they are hired to do. My company had a client come to us with very little notice to get word out on a very serious report they needed to address (this report was subsequently picked up by every major news outlet in the world in late November, early December 2018). Because it was such a short turn around, we couldn't reach most of the email addresses they wanted us to contact because we hadn't gotten prior approval from the recipient. In this case, we did end up using another service to get this message out and it worked, but it was less than ideal and extremely chaotic. I recognize that this was a single instance and, again, I do appreciate how respectful MailChimp is of people's access and GDPR compliance, it was just very hard to do what we were hired to do at the level to which we were hired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the fee, especially if you are a small business owner or a new business owner. Free services are great until they don't do what you want it to do. For a monthly fee, MailChimp stores your contacts, manages GDPR compliance, archives your past campaigns and projects, makes it easy to re-implement old projects and processes, and probably a million other things I haven't yet had to do, but CAN because we pay for MailChimp. Get it, the investment is worth it.

Easy: we are building - and maintaining - a brand SO easily with the help of MailChimp. I can send our monthly newsletters and they are not only uniform, clean, and easily informative each time, but I know who we are reaching, when we are reaching them, and how to tweak my efforts to make them even more successful (read: opened and read more often). It also serves as an archive for each idea we come up for our mailings and we can pretty much determine every time what worked and didn't.

Mailchimp review by Shannon V.
Shannon V.

"Great newsletter and email mailing tool that is easy to use and cost-effective."

What do you like best?

The price tag and the ease of use. There are numerous templates that are easy to use and customizable. The software makes it easy to schedule delivery of my newsletters and email blasts so that I don't have worry about it. The reporting is extremely helpful in determining the types of messages that work and those that need to be tweaked. This allows me more time to create and less time on design.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any real features that I dislike. I do know I am not using the software features to their fullest potential but that's not on you that's on me and a lack of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is easy to use, easy to set-up and very cost-effective especially if you are just starting out. It 's easy to switch from template to template and the reporting is extremely helpful.

Mailchimp allows me to be in constant connection with my clients and potential clients. By using the reports provided I am able to determine what is working and what isn't working and tweak accordingly. It also allows me to see what people want and what they don't want.

Mailchimp review by Harvey C S.
Harvey C S.

"Mailchamp"

What do you like best?

Mailchamp is an ideal tool, to create all kinds of advertising campaigns via email, the different templates with which this application has, help to create ads and quality ads, similar to web pages, which is very striking, for those people that receive an email of this quality, and are intrigued to open the link that is injected into the mail, if we compare it with other similar advertising email tools, I believe that Mailchimp is far above other applications, for its specific characteristics of creation of WEB type ads, and its additional tools such as the creation of news bulletins, give this application a guaranteed bonus.

What do you dislike?

It has certain limitations for the creation of some templates, which accept certain formats, which can make the creation of new content a bit tedious, in this way the advertising catalog must play with the rules present the application and this sometimes requires to create ads in one way, when they thought of doing it in another.

With Mailchimp we manage to reach many new customers every day, other applications, are detected as spam, in most emails, when creating campaigns with Mailchimp, knowing how to handle the tools in the best way, you can reach a high percentage of people, who really are interested in acquiring the product that is advertised.

Mailchimp review by Kristie S.
Kristie S.

"Mostly great; except it gets flagged as spam!"

What do you like best?

I think the template options are great! I feel much more professional sending out information when I can use the same template each time.

What do you dislike?

70% of my recipients have to retrieve the emails out of their spam/junk folder. Many of them don't even realize I've sent an email because they don't see it. I've looked at the IT sections on the MailChimp site, but nothing seems to help, even though I'm editing my subjects appropriately, etc. I also with it was a little easier to duplicate templates from previous campaigns. Even when I edit the subject, it's still listed as "[Title 1] (copy 01)." It's just messy and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to get information to a large group of people in a professional way, Mailchimp may be for you. Also, when importing your contacts, add the first name at least into your MailChimp contact list. That way you can personalize email greetings and make it less likely for your email to end up in junk folders. Trust me, it's a pain well worth avoiding from the beginning, even if it takes a little longer!

MailChimp makes it easy to get information to a large group of people in a way that looks attractive and professional. I appreciate this software! I also love the data feature. I can see the percentage of my audience that viewed the email and and even how many clicked on my links.

Mailchimp review by Trevor A.
Trevor A.

"Mailchimp is the best for growing businesses"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is always releasing new features that allow you to grow your business, and I'm a huge fan of that. I'm also a massive fan of the platform's integrations with major ecommerce engines like Shopify. The Shopify integration allows you to segment users into valuable subgroups that can be used for marketing specific product sub-categories.

What do you dislike?

The platform limits A/B testing to 3 variations, which limits the amount of testing that can be done on an individual campaign. I also wish the segment builder allowed you to insert more than 5 dimensions per segment so I could set up better regional segments to target users based on weather patterns, regional subcultures, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that, if your website doesn't directly integrate, you have technical staff on-hand to help with setup.

If your site DOES directly integrate, then just sign up already

Email marketing has allowed us to grow revenue by 15% on a couple different websites. It brings the brand back to the top of the user's mind and brings them back to the site with greater frequency than they would normally visit. It also generates a higher ROI than many other channels, as the cost for the platform is relatively low compared to the reach we have with email lists.

Mailchimp review by Ianna U.
Ianna U.

"It’s very intuitive and easy to use, and the analytics are well up to par."

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to create an email, I love that you can add instant polls, drag and drop interface, and the analytics are presented in very easy to use charts. It's super intuitive and the learning curve is non-existent. The mailing lists can be managed without too much thought. The interface is clean and uncluttered. Templates are easy to create. I love the reports that Mailchimp generates, they've clean, easy to read and extremely in-depth, it tracks everything you could possibly want. The campaigns are also very easy to set up, and it helps you set up parameters such as automated email responses. The knowledge base is very thorough yet easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I cant really find any fault with it, it’s the best email client out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should get this, you wont find a better application.

It helps us track the links people are clicking on so that we can tailor the content to what our user base wants to see.

Mailchimp review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Simplest Email Marketing Period"

What do you like best?

I love the streamlined process for building campaigns and I love the tagging that you can do with people in the list so instead of managing multiple lists you just manage which tags are associated with people. So straight forward and simplified. The pricing model is awesome! If you are a small or medium business its basically free and the pricing is super competitive once you grow your lists and outreach to the point you hit the paid for model. Love Mailchimp and would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Buggy deleting system. Will randomly delete masses of emails when trying to delete one individual. Also not easy to contact support. Changes are not easily undoable. Mailchimp really needs to up the support game. I know that they are offering a great product and little to no cost but there has got to be support. Lost all of my contacts recently because of a glitch I guess. Luckily I had just downloaded all my lists or I would have lost all contacts; and there was no one there to help me with my problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember with a free/affordable platform comes little to no support. The forums and the community are great but sometimes you need more than that. Mailchimp can't give it to you.

We are solving email marketing collaboration and consolidation. Before our secretaries had their own lists within outlook to email to our different groups thus preventing us from over targeting all lists at one time.

Mailchimp review by Sandra G.
Sandra G.

"Really good at what it does"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is excellent for quick set up and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp is kind of limited in signup forms. You can customize, yes. But it helps a TON to have coding experience. Mailchimp lacks a nice library of templates for signup forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp offers a free starter account that permits up to 2000 recipients. After that, the pricing is scaled. If you have a small list or small segment, it's totally worth checking Mailchimp's features on the free plan. If these are the tools you need, you'll see how well the system supports your business.

Mailchimp is an excellent tool for email distribution and autoresponder series. It's simple and straightforward when used for email distribution. One of the aspects I really appreciate about Mailchimp is how changes to the settings of a list populate throughout. For example, I recently had a client fretting over creating a new type of signup form because the Mailchimp form embedded in her site didn't have the look she wanted for the specific task. I was able to show her how she could make use of the Mailchimp hosted signup page. It already contained her branding and was already compliant with GDPR. She was thrilled - this saved her money (paying me to set it up) and she was already prepared to move forward.

Mailchimp is also offering advertising management. This allows users to create extremely powerful targeted email messages with the tracking features.

Mailchimp review by latoya g.
latoya g.

"Best email marketing Small Business "

What do you like best?

I love how Simple & User-Friendly Mail Chimp is. Mail Chimp is an excellent place to start your email campaigns. Signing up for a MailChimp account is simple. Its ease of use and it has a range of features just on their free plans. With their free plan, you can send up to 12,000 emails a month to 2,000 subscribers. You can send Personalizing Emails, Manage Email Lists and they have

High-Volume Sending.

What do you dislike?

Their subscription plans are a little on the expensive side compared to other companies that offer the same newsletter services — over-complicated pricing plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mail Chimp is Simple & User-Friendly:Their Free Plan is great if you're just strating out.Their are a ton of videos to help you.

MailChimp helps me build my email list, with their landing pages. I'm able to send out personalized monthly newsletters to all of my subscribers and it helps keep my contacts organized.

Mailchimp review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Easy for me to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send out our monthly newsletter with ease. All I have to do is update our mailing list and make sure it's imported and go. I like how easy it is to use. I tinkered a little but and followed the instructions and found it extremely user friendly for me, as a software challenged person. I like how easy it was to upload the mailing list, and how quickly it went straight to our subscribers. I will be using it again at the end of the month, and I don't dread it.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a time saver and is so easy to use. I will continue to use this.

I was struggling with how to send out our monthly newsletter for our Marriage ministry, and Mailchimp solved that issue. I enjoy being able to do it with ease.

Mailchimp review by Tiffany Z.
Tiffany Z.

"I used mail chimp every month"

What do you like best?

Sending a mass email have never been easier. MailChimp is simple, yet customizable in every way. My go-to is to pick an email template, upload pictures, and business logo, and fill in the content. MailChimp organizes your database simply by uploading from a .csv file or even copy/paste. Another feature that cannot be beaten is the data analysis of every campaign sent. This helps to inform who is opening your emails and you can even monitor which links they are clicking on. This has helped us shape our marketing and advertising monumentally.

What do you dislike?

The most work that goes into creating a campaign on MailChimp is on the frontend. Uploading your database, filling in your business information onto a template, and actually creating the content does take some, but the ease-of-use from that point on is wonderful.

We have developed a great database of those who connect with our company. The response is amazing and we are able to grow as a company because of it.

Mailchimp review by Terrence W.
Terrence W.

"Long-Time Customer"

What do you like best?

Easy to use -- really simple to create very professional campaigns that attract attention. The link tracking is also super helpful - easy to tell how many people clicked which link in the email.

What do you dislike?

Once you get above certain lower tiers, it's still a bit expensive for what it is. 2000 tier is free which is easy, but then it may not be worth your return depending on what you are promoting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the tier pricing to make sure you understand what the charges will be, but otherwise, rest assured that the system is clean and easy to use. You;'ll be on your way in no time.

After being a customer for quite a while, I branched out and began using Mailchimp for transactional emails for my Shopify store. Again, super easy to set up and get going, and it's worked flawlessly ever since, without need for intervention.

Mailchimp review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Absolutely love the concept "

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how easy Mailchimp has made it to broadcast or reach all of my subscribers! Creating email campaigns are also a huge feature that we use regularly. with Mailchimp, we have the ability to edit/change how we want our email campaign to look. Another great feature that is offered is the media section, where we can store images, logos, videos, etc. Being able to access the media files we frequently use helps use streamline the campaign process. Here recent example of how Mailchimp has helped us; Our company recently changed its name and being able to reach out to inform our clients of the name change all with the click of a button really helped ease the burden of reaching out individually. 10/10 Recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking to streamline their campaigns!

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to add links to the email broadcast, but I don't think there is much Mailchimp can do about that. I have had the program freeze a few times, but that might not have been related to Mailchimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance! It took a bit to get the hang of, but once you do, it saves SO much time!

Reaching thousands of subs with just the click of a button! Mailchimp has saved my colleagues and I so much time not having to go through our list of subscribers and blind copy each and everyone of them. Now its as simple as clicking one button!

Learn more about Mailchimp

Mailchimp Videos

Learning about Mailchimp?

* We monitor all Mailchimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Mailchimp