Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Mailchimp

(8,861 reviews)

Mailchimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for Mailchimp?

Learning about Mailchimp?

Mailchimp Reviews

Showing 9,043 Mailchimp reviews
Mailchimp review by Bradley C.
Bradley C.

"Free package is a solid entry level platform"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mailchimp
Mailchimp review by Dwight M.
Dwight M.

"Efficient, Customizable, Easy-to-Use, Affordable"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is free for me to use since my customer pool is 200 people. I can customize and send out email notices and ads in 15 minutes. I make two mailings a month.

What do you dislike?

Formatting line spacing for text is awkward. I can not find a tool to reduce the text to single space lines.

Everything else I do works fine. You have to understand the concept of campaigns. There was a lot of trial and error until I got it down. Now I quickly copy a past campaign and use it for a template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. MailChimp saves me a lot of time.

I need to send out meeting notices and newsletters to 200 people. It is much easier to use MailChimp than other similar software. I'm planning to use the postcard feature for reminders of future conferences. A basic business problem we are using MailChimp for is to include its features as part of CRM in an innovative business model.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Mailchimp review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Easiest way to send mass email in the business"

What do you like best?

I have used mail chimp for many years for many different companies and personal purposes. One of the best features is the integration opportunities. I have used it for non-profit organizations when planning galas and we have sold tickets through eventbrite. It was so easy to create different mail chimp blasts to our different eventbrite lists. It worked seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

The only think I dislike is the templates that are available. They seem lackluster and there aren't too many ways to really edit existing templates. If there were more user friendly templates to utilize, more individuals would find it easier to use. There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve when first trying to use Mailchimp, but once you use it enough it does get easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend others to first do test emails to themselves when starting to use Mailchimp. It will help keep everything correct when actually finally sending out the mass emails to your lists.

I have utilized mail chimp to start online buying campaigns which are connected to social media platforms and are also connected to our online shop. We mostly market to college students that are in fraternities or sororities and this email marketing has been very practical when reaching our followers.

Mailchimp review by Claudio L.
Claudio L.

"Excellent to attract customers!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Mailchimp is the automation of the messages, I can always make several a template and send them all personalized to the emails that I have in my list, without having to do it manually.

What do you dislike?

The first time I use Mailchimp I get a bit involved trying to create a campaign for emails from my list, since it has many functions, so you should be clear that it is exactly what you want to configure to start using the tool, but I adapt super fast to her.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who has a mailing list and wants to attract more people to your business, needs the help of Mailchimp, is a tool that helps a lot in the automation of tasks and e-mail marketing

We live in a time where everyone is always connected to the mail always, and that is precisely the potential of Mailchimp, we always create personalized campaigns for our clients and perform different tests to know more about what they want, keep and attract more potential customers.

Mailchimp review by Vanessa F.
Vanessa F.

"Monkeying around with MailChimp"

What do you like best?

I like the customization and editing tools. It's nice that I'm able to duplicate a template that I've already used, so that it cuts back on time to create a campaign that has similar features.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the features that come with scheduling the "who to send" section. After you've created a subscriber list, you're able to segment that into groups. When picking who to send a campaign to, I"m only able to pick on segmentation, instead of selecting multiple. I would rather do it all in one go, then having to reschedule it all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice that a budding company can use this platform for free until they reach a certain number of subscribers, that way you not only get the benefit of a "free trial" type of deal, but you can also look at other options during/after you'v hit that subscriber mark and have to pay.

I'm able to create a frame for the information we deem suitable to our list of subscribers, whether that be new features in our organization, or testing out apps and letting people know our results. It's nice that we can simply click the "select optimal time" and Mailchimp will send out the email during the optimal time.

Mailchimp review by Dara R.
Dara R.

"Great product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how Mailchimp offers several templates to choose from. You can also take it to the next level and customize the templates and save them for later use. They also offer more than just emails, you can design a landing page, postcards, ads or forms.

What do you dislike?

Overall I really like this product. If I had one dislike it would be that sometimes the templates can be a little harder to customize than other email programs I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to setup and send emails. Love the reports to keep track of my open rate and clicks.

I needed a way to keep in touch with my client database and my normal email program could not handle the size of my list. I signed up for MailChimp's free account to try them out. I can send emails to my list and track to open and click rate of each campaign. I love how I can view a report to see who actually opened the email.

Mailchimp review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Excelent for make Bussiness"

What do you like best?

I really like to use Mailchimp because it offers a wide variety of services. Seriously! a lot .. and quality that is the most important thing.

For example:

It also includes the connection with other applications that you use such as:

3dcart for Mailchimp (Official),40Nuggets for Mailchimp, Accelo, Base CRM, Airsquare

Among other..

Create campaigns: E-mail, Landing pages, Postcards, Signup forms, Google remarketing ads, Facebook ads.

It also includes the connection with other applications that you use such as:

Among other..

What do you dislike?

As for the things that I do not like, I would say that having so many features I do not feel that they have an effective way for a beginner who wants to acquire their services to learn easily and in a simple way the potential that can be acquired with this great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to any person or company that offers or wants to offer web positioning services of any kind. Already web, email or social networks.

Well, one of the problems that I have been able to solve thanks to Mailchimp has been the positioning of websites of clients, mail services, assistance to users who want to improve their followers in different social networks.

In addition to being able to get and close a lot of money contracts thanks to the implementation of this tool and some of its features.

Mailchimp review by Julie B.
Julie B.

"Works great for me I"

What do you like best?

I was computer illeterate trying to advertise through email for my family and heard of Mail chimp through a friend. I was sending hundreds of emails weekly one by one and mail chimp goes through my contacts and social medial and puts together awesome advertisements and saves me days of nonsense work. We're small so we utilize the free monthly plan. You don't get all the bells and whistles of the pay as you go or paid monthly subscription but it's been great for us.

What do you dislike?

Customer support has been horrible for me. To make address changes or logo changes you don't speak to a person, it's through email and took days to get back to me and they were so rude. I wish they'd add more flashy brighter colors but free so it'll do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want bright cheerful colors this isn't for you. If you want to speak to an actual person this isn't for you.

Time management for me has been a plus, and it's been a great teacher to start up with. Our customers love our advertisements.

Mailchimp review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Gets the Job Done..."

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is a useful tool, and I really like the ability to use custom templates to create email campaigns that match my company's branding.

What do you dislike?

However, it is often "buggy." Every so often, it doesn't save my most recent changes to a campaign. It sometimes times out when I'm trying to update a subscriber list. The interface is not particularly intuitive (I had to have a co-worker walk me through how to use it several times), and it is very difficult to make changes to a template once certain elements have been added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. After some compatibility frustrations with our website and the consistent bugs, my company is likely to switch to a new email marketing service in the near future.

Our company sends a huge volume of emails each week, to multiple distinct subscriber lists, and Mailchimp allows us to do that. The benefits of which have been successful email campaigns and growing subscriber counts.

Mailchimp review by Mindy I.
Mindy I.

"Very Easy to Learn and Use!"

What do you like best?

The whole user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. The drag and drop builder for designing emails offers many options while remaining simple. I love that I can view stats on who is reading and what links they are clicking on as they happen.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the forms for embedding on the website is definitely not as intuitive as the rest of the site, but once you figure it out it is very easy to use as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is a well-rounded, easy to use solution for email marketing. Depending on the size of your list, you may use the free version, but once your list hits a certain point, the pricing is pretty much comparable to other email marketing platforms.

I use Mailchimp for my blog and for a few of my clients. Keeping in touch with customers and prospective customers is very important and Mailchimp makes that easy, and affordable.

Mailchimp review by Sharon A.
Sharon A.

"Mailchimp is excellent for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the automation features where you can schedule email sequences to send automatically after a customer clicks a button on your website and enters their email the sequence starts!!! This is brilliant for a one man business.... saves SO much time with back and forth emails and educated the customer before they have a change to reach out to you directly!!!

What do you dislike?

Some of the awesome features require a paid for subscription even though my list is relatively small in the 1000 people range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are constantly updating the service and staying on trend and making things easier. They offer many support videos to figure things out!

I am solving the people forgetting about me problem by sending monthly newsletters to my clients! This is huge! I have people tell me they love my list and hearing what I have to say... they actually look forward to getting the list which is awesome. I also use email sequences which are super helpful for educating interested clients

Mailchimp review by Aitor A.
Aitor A.

"Very Useful"

What do you like best?

I like it because it is a free application up to 2,000 subscribers, we can create subscription forms to our website, it also allows us to create contact lists, something very necessary today, and especially mail chimp allows us to keep track of all the clicks that are given in the links and of more that there is in the mail sent

What do you dislike?

The free version is very limited, for example we can not send automatic messages to our contacts, and this is totally necessary, I could also say that most of the functions are paid, so that the free mode is practically basic, we can not move much with this mode and we must move to a premium mode

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can say that it is a good website to start advertising your company or organization

In the beginnings of our organization we have required mail chimp services to actively advertise and search for new clients, so it benefits us when it comes to finding customers.

Mailchimp review by Marie K.
Marie K.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is simply the best email marketing tool there is. Not only is it highly user friendly, their help resources are incredibly thorough and their customer support is on point. It is also very well designed to be a pleasant user experience. The reports are well made and useful for analyzing data. The segmentation of lists is one of the best parts and tags allow me to keep my contacts very organized. I use it on a daily basis and in my four years of using it, I have learned so much and become very savvy thanks to the tutorials and resources.

What do you dislike?

They recently have started asking users to minimize the number of lists that are kept, but combining and deleting lists is very difficult and a lot of data is lost in the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is great for small and large businesses alike.

With Mailchimp, I am able to send immediate, onbrand welcome emails to all of my members through the use of automated campaigns. This means that people who sign up for a membership receive a beautiful welcome email as soon as they sign up. This makes my members feel more comfortable with their purchase of a membership.

Mailchimp review by Blake D.
Blake D.

"Slightly behind the times but ease of use is optimal!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that MailChimp offers. It is very user friendly and appealing to the eye upon sign in. It is relatively easy to find help on their site if questions do arise. I also like the variety of things that MailChimp allows you to do at the cost of being free.

What do you dislike?

I dislike their contact import feature. It seems that my contacts never get imported correctly and it is very tedious to add clients to a new list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great email marketing tool with low costs if you need more space for contacts. A large portion of the site is actually free which makes it attractive and fit into many marketing budgets. I would recommend preparing your contact list via Excel in order to add your contacts seamlessly as entering them one by one is quite time consuming.

I am organizing my clients using many different categories in order to target specific clients for emails. It is definitely going to be useful throughout my career in order to target and reach sales goals.

Mailchimp review by Gurkaran C.
Gurkaran C.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Overall I think this is a pretty good product to use. It's pretty user friendly and very easily gets the job done for what we need to do within the company.

What do you dislike?

Overall there is not that I don't like with the product. At times the product can be slow to respond which can definitely slow everything down that we are trying to accomplish and really just makes things a pain at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's overall a great product to use. Although I personally don't have experience with much else, I honestly haven't really considered much else because Mailchimp always meets my needs if not exceeds them.

This product ultimately is very good for us as a company. It gets the job done and allows us as a non-profit organization to effectively communicate with our constituants in an effective and timely manner. It also allows us to do so in a user friendly system that most people trust and can opt out of easily.

Mailchimp review by Nancy C.
Nancy C.

"Vert easy to use for digital campaings"

What do you like best?

I like that is easy to understand, that I can have it in my phone with the app and that they use an informal writing to any notification. It feels like your friend is telling you about what is going on with the campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I will like to be able to update/add contacts to the list I want to send my campaign. Be able to do that from the panel where you create the campaigns. without going to the list section, especially because most of the times I´m updating less than 5 contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

create different list of different possible contacts you may like to send your campaign, like that you won´t have to return to that part when you are creating the campaign.

Communication, I like to be able to create easy and simple emails to communicate news or updates to clients or collaborators, and also being able to see the interaction they are having with the email.

Mailchimp review by Jakob P.
Jakob P.

"Great Solution for promotions, even for individual emails."

What do you like best?

The templates given to Mailchimp users, even as a free user, is beyond helpful. When I am in charge of a promotion, I use Mailchimp to send bulk emails. When I am sending an "official" email to an individual, I use mailchimp for the templates, test email myself, then forward that to the individual. Mailchimp has been a huge time saver. Furthermore, I'd like to say that without MailChimp, this process would've taken a minimum of an hour to make each email design. Even though their design system does have limits, I'm able to send a test email to myself and edit the email within the forward tab before sending it to individuals. As for bulk emails, I just put up with the design block system.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not that much that I don't like. However, I would say the process and putting together an email list is a little frustrating if you're not familiar with it, but after the first time around, it goes smooth. Secondly, on the template editor, I would prefer a little more design freedom. Mailchimp uses a block system to edit templates and I'd prefer an option to turn that grid/system off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your list of emails, if you are sending in bulk, ready to go before you sign up.

Mailchimp has solved the problem and finding a way to send professional looking emails both to individuals and to bulk people without spending too much time on design.

Mailchimp review by Natascha B.
Natascha B.

"A unique and irrenplasable software"

What do you like best?

One of the primary objectives of my work is to reach many people our cultural programming and thus have many attendees to our activities. I have several tools that allow me to accomplish this goal, but one of the best is Mailchimp. I use the tools provided by this software to send mass mailings of our monthly cultural programming, and thanks to we have managed to increase the audience to the activities, besides this I have been able to establish a better feedback with our public noting their observations and making cultural programs more tailored to their needs. I have more than 2000 subscribers who constantly attend our activities and feel very comfortable with the cultural activities we carry out. Without this software I would not have been able to get such a large audience.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp is one of those software that when you start using them you can not stop using it because it offers unique features that no other software offers you. The promotion of our cultural activities depends a lot on this software because we work for the general public and without the features offered by this software would not have achieved the large audience we have now in each uan of our activities. I only have positive aspects to highlight of this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to all companies, regardless of size, functions and internal order, since Mailchimp is a software quite adaptable and if you depend on the promotion of products, advertising campaigns and programs, this software will be your great ally.

Our growth in audience is directly due to the features offered by Mailchimp. From the first day I started using it in my work I was able to experience how our audience grew exponentially, making the result of our work quite positive. Now our work demands more challenges and creativity as we permanently feed back with the opinion of our audience in each of our cultural activities.

Mailchimp review by Julieta R.
Julieta R.

"My graphic design campaigns reach many people with Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

In my role as Graphic Design Leader in the company where I work, it is important to have a tool for mass dissemination of our work to attract new customers and work groups that have the skills and talent to work in our work unit, this goal I have achieved with Mailchimp, which offers me very interesting options such as sending 12000 emails per month, is quite the amount of emails and I can reach many people with our designs, forming a very large audience. I can notice my audience because Mailchimp offers me analysis tools that allow me to know who reads my emails, which ones bounce, and how much my audience has grown through my email, making my content can reach many people and this in turn can be observed in the analysis. Mailchimp is a perfect ally for the performance of my functions at work.

What do you dislike?

A software that has only given me good results. Since I use it I have no complaints, on the contrary, I have seen how my audience has gradually increased and in turn we have been able to interact with many potential customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to large companies that require a software that sends massive emails to expose the work done, enhance a visual advertising campaign, or require to increase audience traffic in their products or brands, if this is the function you need to fulfill, this software will be very useful to you.

Professionally I can say that this software has contributed to my growth as a leader, and has made my workers better who have been able to establish better interaction with clients and designers thanks to this software. In my work environment is necessary to use Mailchimp because it has made us all better workers, more prepared and updated in the world of graphic design.

Mailchimp review by Audrey L.
Audrey L.

"Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly interface Mailchimp provides. It is practically fool-proof in putting different types of campaigns together. It is all a matter of a click and drag and then fill in the information that you want on the campaign.

What do you dislike?

While I like the user-friendly interface, it has its limitations. It won't allow me to move things around except for its fixed places. Say for example, I wanted to create a more circular look to the campaign I put together, it only allows pictures to placed next to the texts either above, below or side-by-side (which comes with limitations too due to text placement).

We are solving a huge communication problem at our private school. We use it to release weekly newsletters and other internal events. We have also discovered that its useful to engage with prospective families who are looking at our school. We are able to create different lists and yet send a similar email by using the "replicate" feature, and tailor it to the different target groups.

Mailchimp review by Alexa R.
Alexa R.

"Confusing but it works"

What do you like best?

The templates are easy to set up, drag and drop. There are pre-made templates that help inspire creativity. It's really confusing at times. Too much information to review and not user friendly. I don't understand the landing pages but I also use squarespace so I enjoy actually completing the newsletter but managing the account is a lot of work. I prefer squarespace because then it's all in one.

What do you dislike?

It's really confusing at times. Too much information to review and not user friendly. I don't understand the landing pages but I also use squarespace so I enjoy actually completing the newsletter but managing the account is a lot of work. I prefer squarespace because then it's all in one. The templates are easy to set up, drag and drop. There are pre-made templates that help inspire creativity. It's really confusing at times. Too much information to review and not user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Squarespace! On Squarespace you can send newsletters, build a website, connect to your gmail account, domains, and so so much more! I love how user-friendly Squarespace is and you can transfer your mailchimp to them !

It offers a free service which comes in handy when you have no budget and it can integrate with almost any software. However I left after Squarespace launched their own as I like the convenience of having everything built in to my website otherwise I would have stayed. The templates are easy to set up, drag and drop. There are pre-made templates that help inspire creativity. It's really confusing at times. Too much information to review and not user friendly.

Mailchimp review by Angelina L.
Angelina L.

"Mailchimp has made sending automated emails and marketing emails much easier than ever before."

What do you like best?

I love how Mailchimp allows me to see who has opened emails and all the reports and details of how well a campaign went. Additionally, MailChimp shows me how many times someone has opened an email, who has unsubscribed and their reason, the overall percent of clicks and opens, etc. Also, the user interface for creating campaigns is really easy. I also like the ability to post things on Facebook at the same time. One of the cool features they have is this subject line scorer. It basically tells me what subject lines are most effective and popular from 1-5 stars.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I can't put links on different parts of images. Also, I really don't like the borders that are not customizable. Also, I wish the editor for the emails was a little more drag and drop style like Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Mailchimp. I currently use the free version and it already has exceeded my expectations. If you just need some basic abilities to send emails, track which ones did better, etc, then you should definitely check Mailchimp out.

My business is purely online, so the only connection I have with my customers is through social media and emails. MailChimp solves this issue and seamlessly allows my brand to connect to the customers. Also, MailChimp has been responsible for some sales which I'm extremely happy about. Their email templates also look very professional so customers think of my brand more highly.

Mailchimp review by Costas T.
Costas T.

"Best Mail Blast Out"

What do you like best?

I have been using MailChimp for a couple of years now and compared to others out there it is my favorite. The analytics and data it shares and stores are by far superior to all other services I have seen. I do like the templates and how easy they are to navigate and create. Unlike another service I have used, Mailchimp gets into the inbox and not the spam box.

What do you dislike?

The importing contacts can be a bit tricky even with their spreadsheet templates. It is quite a nuisance to use and have found myself spending valuable time ensuring that everything was done properly and sometimes even then I have to go back in and make several revisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It’s a great service with little kinks that definitely have work arounds

I am able to get out mass emails to my clients and leads within minutes and able to see what is opened ignored and what converts to business. It helps me better understand what works and what doesn’t work and who is interested and who is not.

Mailchimp review by Lucia C.
Lucia C.

"The coolest way to manage my lists"

What do you like best?

I'm a Mail Chimp user from 5 time now. I can't believe how much time passed and how well it served me in time. I like the way I can implement Mail Chimp in my website and Facebook page, I can easily attract new leads thanks to its subscription module (also great that the team immediately improve it following the GDPR recently approved from UE, so you are sure to operate following the law with a simple step).

It's easy to use, it's easy to create a new campaign, design the emails and also collect and read all the insight. Essential if you want to test your performances.

What do you dislike?

At a first impact it can send you in confusion. But it's just the start, the learning curve is really fast and the platform, once in, is easy to use. But I think that the team may implement the "welcoming tutorial" adding more infos and helping new users in Mail Chimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely yes. I reccomend it.

I use Mail Chimp to stay in contact with past clients and get new leads from our free goodies. Thanks to the templates our emails always appears pro and catchy.

Mailchimp review by WVU F.
WVU F.

"Good, but not easy for first time users"

What do you like best?

I love how Mail Chimp provides a clear campaign page where you can see all your campaigns in a readable format when trying to preview. They have really good features in terms of image quality.

What do you dislike?

Although I like Mail Chimp, it seems really hard to work with when actually editing your emails or newsletters or whatever you may be editing campaign wise. I can't move around images freely, which is very frustrating fro me as someone who uses Mail Chimp to send out a lot of campaigns with pictures in them. I wish you didn't have to edit on the side of the screen and you could just edit directly in the email because that's sometimes just slows me down when I want to move an image from the campaign but I first have to go through hoops to upload it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely one of the better email marketing software, but still takes a bit of time to get used to. And, it definitely has it's downsides that you need to work through to have a decent experience.

Business benefits are hard to measure when I am at the bottom of the totem pole at work, but Mail Chimp does make my life easier in that it provides templates for emails. By templates I mean that when our Communications team comes up with a template and posts it to a campaign, Mail Chimp does a great job of

Mailchimp review by Cesar C.
Cesar C.

" An application that breaks with the conventional parameters of e-mails"

What do you like best?

The tool is quite interesting from the beginning because it allows you to form your user according to your needs and the capabilities that Mailchimp has, try to ask questions about the product or what you want to expose in the networks and the internet and it gives you the easiness to build your profile step by step.

The other interesting part is when you use the tools that connect to the program with your mobile phone is it allows you to have the information 24 hours a day generating the confidence of an assertive communication.

What do you dislike?

It has some limitations with regard to the creation of the user takes a bit in sending the confirmation run on the other hand I think it has an obstacle with the part of the web page that asks you to form the user since it is not explicit and must resort to the help too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recommendation is to use the tool you will see that at the beginning it is not common and then they will realize how you are facilitating the interaction in social networks.

The tool gives me the power of a communication in different ways with my students and colleagues outside the conventional spaces of the messaging services and that allows me to make known the requirements and needs that I have with my community of work. Communications are the key to success in an organization and the key is to be permanently communicated to achieve the goals that each member has in a university community that has been improved with this too.

Mailchimp review by Dea T.
Dea T.

"It is easy to use and understand, at least at a basic level of use."

What do you like best?

I like its interface and the ease of finding solutions for not too complicated emailing tasks. I like the statistical insights on email reception, reads etc.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't have any major complaints. I would like to have a desktop app, instead of an online website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if it works well for big campaigns, but it is easy to use for small-scale campaigns. If you want to get an insight on how well your campaigns are doing, their reports on how many people opened the emails, clicked on links inside the emails etc, are very helpful. It also gives you an idea of the best timing for your emails, and lets you make a lot of tweaks to their standard formats. However, the standard format is quite good for someone who is not very skilled in developing their own email outlooks.

Sending emails to the members of organization in the form of newsletters, reminders and signing up options. People have signed up for events through links provided in the emails.

Mailchimp review by Ernesto G.
Ernesto G.

"Gran opcion de email marketing y comunicacion via correo"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de este fabuloso producto, es su facilidad para crear comunicaciones internas mediante la lista de email que tengas para tus empleados. Haciendo de la misma una buena comunicación interna en la empresa pudiendo usar incluso el plan gratuito, pagando solo por enviar los emails comerciales mediante el departamento correspondiente.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta la poca claridad en el precio cuando vas a enviar emails de manera masiva, puesto que el precio no es calculable en la propia página, hasta que los envías, dando una sensación de poca transparencia al usuario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aunque es posible que resulte barato en un principio dada la gratuidad del servicio base, cuando tienes una lista de correo extensa, deberás de acortarla o podrás tener un precio bastante alto por el servicio de email marketing para poder comunicarte de manera precisa y clara con tu público o equipo interno mediante listas de correo diferentes.

Resuelve la necesidad que tenemos de enviar emails internos a los miembros de la organización, así como comerciales a los usuarios externos (consumidores).

Mailchimp review by Aaron C. S.
Aaron C. S.

"Great Email Platform for your Growing Business"

What do you like best?

There is so much to like with MailChimp, it's hard to know where to start. The piece I use the most is campaign automation. I can set it up, have time-based emails (so, weekly education series), and key it off new subscribers. There are so many options for adding subscribers between MailChimp proper and other integrations. I have it segment/capture nearly all forms on my website.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing I wish I could do with MailChimp is A/B test campaigns. Currently, you only have the option to A/B test a single email send. The only way to do test automation campaigns is through making changes to the actual campaign every X number. The other thing that's a bit of a bummer is when you use the recaptcha on an embedded form, it takes the visitor to a mailchimp page, off my website, but only for the recaptcha. I've moved to 3rd party forms when needing verification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to try it for yourself. It's an easy drag/drop editor to build the email templates, and the campaigns/automations are nearly as convenient. It's easy to use, and free if you have a small number of subscribers, so it'll be good to get your feet wet.

I am capturing leads and sending out weekly educational emails to nurture those leads. I use it to provide the lead gen product in an intro email, from when people are added to the list. It's been a handy way to verify I'm getting actual emails, as they don't see the free product until they receive and open their first email from me.

Mailchimp review by Adelaynes C.
Adelaynes C.

" The best software to do my community marketing strategy."

What do you like best?

In my work, it is very important to have permanent contact with our clients and communities that benefit directly from the attention we provide. I keep this contact thanks to several communication software, but one of the best I use now is Mailchimp. Thanks to this software I have the possibility of sending up to 12,000 monthly runs in its free version, ideal for promoting social and community activities. You can also include lists of contacts segmented according to the community to which you want to address, and has accurate usage statistics that allow to establish analyzes of each of the information campaigns that are made via email

What do you dislike?

It is a fairly complete and comprehensive software that I combine with other communication software to make my information campaigns much more solid in my work environment. Since I use it I have no negative comments or problems that this software caused me

Recommendations to others considering the product

A software that I recommend to all those companies that want to have a greater scope in their campaigns and extend their forms and communication channels, either among their clients, collaborators, colleagues or colleagues. Undoubtedly this is an excellent software

The fundamental problem that has helped solve this software in my work routine is the massive and effective communication. Before using this software I had many problems sending information campaigns to communities and clients, wasting a lot of time and effort. However, this software has made this task much easier, at such a level that it makes it very easy

Mailchimp review by Mercedes Diane G.
Mercedes Diane G.

"Best email marketing tool for small business "

What do you like best?

MailChimp is an excellent platform for any small business needing to have a simple and effective email marketing strategy. It has many well designed templates to choose from that do not require any coding skills. It allows you to seemlessly carry out A/B testing and monitor the effectiveness of your email campaigns. It also integrates well with social media, allowing you to turn your email campaigns into social media marketing tools. Lastly, it’s free if you have less than 2000 subscribers.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Eventbrite integration had more visually appealing template options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is your one stop shop for email marketing. You don’t need to look any further.

The problem I’m solving with MailChimp is know how effective my email marketing strategy is. The main benefit is that I can see who is responding and who I should focus my marketing energies on most so I’m not wasting time and money.

Mailchimp review by Nicolas Frichot ► P.
Nicolas Frichot ► P.

"MailChimp: The Best Software For Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

I really love the fact that MailChimp offers 12 000 free emails monthly to all of its users. I once had to send email invites to a list of 1600 subscribers and could not find a way to this this in the most efficient way. MailChimp not only allowed me to monitor in details which subscriber had opened the email, which email has bounced and so on. MailChimp also offers for free, FREE template which you can customize with drag and drop, in an instant. Simply amazing. User management too is a plus. Same for social sharing.

What do you dislike?

One thing is the limit of 2000 emails per day. This could be an issue let's says you have one MailChimp account and have to send 2 different and separate invites to 2 different contact lists. Furthermore, it would be great if MailChimp increased it's free account from 2000 subscribers to 5000 subscribers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is the right choice to make. It really makes the difference be it for individuals or companies, and best of all it's free (up to 12 000 emails). I would also recommend MailChimp as the No.1 one marketing tools for email marketing.

MailChimp has greatly optimize our companies digital communications and make considerable image recognition and financial benefits for the past 5 years. A plus: the 2 factor authentication securing your account and the custom domain name verification features for emails available on all packages (DKIM and SPF).

Mailchimp review by Consultant

"The Beginners Must Have Software "

What do you like best?

When I first started email marketing I was recommended MailChimp and immediately found it easy to use and navigate. For those who are not tech savvy, MailChimp provided extremely usefully tutorials that walk you through the set-up stages of linking all the important info such as business address, social integrations and Google Analytics. What I really like is knowing that you can upload and host all the images and pdf you plan to use at one go and have it all in one place in the Content Manager tab.

What do you dislike?

What I wish Mailchimp could offer were more landing pages templates so that I could create more customised opt-ins and the options to directly upload audio and video recordings. The lack of segmentation for each opt-in is also a major issue for me. I would love to be able to segment sign-ups based on the actions they have taken, e.g clicked links. That way I could send the right types of emails that I know would interest them most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Opportunities to segment scribers based on the actions they take on the emails sent to them and more templates for landing pages and newsletters.

The business problems I solve with using Mailchimp is that I can create opt-in pages in a flash that I can then promote on social media and helps to then grow my email list. I am also able to send out weekly and monthly updates to my list members with it's very simple and straight form newsletter templates. Have this process in place has helped me to build credibility, trust and stay in contact with my email list.

Mailchimp review by Clifford F.
Clifford F.

"Great Design Tool, but filters aren’t your friend"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp offers a sleek, customizable mail/marketing tool for reaching 100’s to even 1000’s of people with smartly designed newsletter format.

I love how personal I can make these messages and how easy it is to see the metrics behind my messages, too.

What do you dislike?

As a mass email program, Mailchimp is easily flagged by spam filters... there’s nothing to be done for it apart from checking in w partners personally if you notice they haven’t opened them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time with getting to know the campaign features, and ask your company if they have templates readily available - that could save you a good amount of time.

For me, Mailchimp helps me touch base with all of my partners and help them feel like they’re part of the work on campus. I love that they get something sleek, honest, and concise through this service, and that I don’t have to spend an eternity making it.

Mailchimp review by Sandra L.
Sandra L.

"Easy email design"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn and clean interface. Email design is easy with drag & drop option.

What do you dislike?

1) It lacks database/list management. This is just an email sending platform, and the reason why we are currently looking into other email software.

2) Pricing is based on the number of email contacts used to send in a month, not the number of contacts uploaded. This again comes down to list management option - we send to different lists every month, and have to delete the lists in order to upload new ones so that we remain in the same billing tier. Very frustrating.

3) It lacks option to send the same email to multiple lists at once

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are advanced user and need more than just to send emails, look elsewhere.

Send emails, track opens and clicks and create automation workflow. We were able to to do both with certain platform limitations.

Mailchimp review by Daniel Shatzkes CEO  E.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO E.

"Mailchimp is great and isn't only about email anymore"

What do you like best?

I've been using Mailchimp for a long time. One of the first things I set up when I started my company was a Mailchimp account in order to be able to market to and connect through email with our first customers and interested parties. It was great because Mailchimp does not charge a dime for the first 2500 (or maybe 2000, I don't remember) subscribers on your lists. So you can use the email services absolutely free while you are building your lists. After you reach that plateau the monthly costs are very reasonable and they increase depending on the number of subscribers you have. I like that Mailchimp notifies you automatically if you've passed another billing threshold so you are aware if your monthly rate has gone up. It's very transparent. I also love that they have automation functionality built in to their email platform. You can be connecting with customers or potential customers and those emails can be automatically triggered based on actions and responses. You set it up once and then never have to look at it again. The platform does the work for you.

But Mailchimp now offers so many other services other than email. You can create landing pages, and also set up social media advertising campaigns within their dashboard. The platform makes it much easier sometimes that doing it, say, on Facebook's actual site. They simplify the process and provide analytics similar to what you see from your email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Because Mailchimp is so involved there is A LOT that you can get lost in. They have excellent FAQ and support sections, but I find that it isn't always explained so easily. They use a lot of jargon that would easily be understood by a marketing person, but not necessarily by a small business owner who has to handle the marketing work for his company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using a different email platform and you're considering trying our Mailchimp, I recommend doing it. Find one of your email subscriber lists that are less than 2500 people (or segment out an existing list so that it's smaller than this number), create a free account on Mailchimp and import your list. You should be able to continue completely free as long as you stay under that 2500 threshold (again, I'm pretty sure its 2500 but it might be 2000). Use it to send some emails and then evaluate the tools and analytics that Mailchimp gives you. All you'd be investing is a little more time but ultimately you may find its a better solution than your current email management provider.

Staying in touch with customers and subscribers to our newsletters is simple with Mailchimp. It makes it easy to create an email blast within minutes and get it out to people. Email is still probably the most effective marketing tool and Mailchimp is a very solid platform to do it on. The analytics they provide are great and really allow me to dig in and see what emails were effective and even which links in the emails were clicked on the most. I can A/B different emails and send to different groups within a list. It allows me to do better targeting. All of this ultimately makes our marketing more effective as time goes on.

Mailchimp review by Kaitlynn C.
Kaitlynn C.

"Mail Chimp is great"

What do you like best?

Mail chimp is the ideal email service for any company.looking to make email reminders great, easy, and so simple. We use Mail Chimp for our church's email reminders and it has extremely streamlined the process for us. We use it for our Women's Meetings, Small groups, men's meetings, delays and closings, youth group, sermon recaps, WWJD, and reminders regarding our special events.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about using Mail Chimp is that there are not more templates to choose from. I am constantly looking for new, updated, and modern templates and hopefully they will be able to keep up with the trends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love MailChimp!

We used to use a regular email group list in our church's email server, but that was not proving to be beneficial for our church. Using Mail Chimp, you can see who has opened your email and who hasn't. This gets rid of the problem with people saying "Oh, I didn't see the email." Now you can tell who saw it and who didn't. It also has made advertising new event and sending out reminders easier. You can see a list of people who haven't opened the email and contact them via phone or text so make sure they are reminded about the event or problem in question.

Mailchimp review by MD.Faizul K.
MD.Faizul K.

"One of the Best Email Marketing Tools"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is the best email marketing tool I have ever used. Almost 100% of the emails I sent through MailChimp reached inbox and no spam at all. MailChimp is very easy to use and just gets 5 minutes to set up everything. They have a free plan and you can remain a free plan user forever and send 12,000 emails per month free which other popular companies don't offer. They have the best automation system in the market. Start a campaign with Mailchimp and sending emails is very easy. Their drag and drop email builder requires no coding skill to design stunning emails.

What do you dislike?

The pricing of Mailchimp is a bit higher. Another drawback is the frequent updates on their products & features. Sometimes it made me confused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do email marketing for your business, MailChimp can be a very good companion. Use the tools to grow your list and automation tools to keep your subscribers engaged.

Like any other online business, email marketing is one of the most important marketing channels for us. MailChimp helps us to grow our list and send campaigns to our subscribers.

Mailchimp review by Dale D.
Dale D.

"Absolutely Amazing for "Visual" Marketing"

What do you like best?

I've been using Mailchimp for the last 10 years and it is definitely the go-to email marketing tool. There may be other email software that is better for specific use-cases, but for the businesses I've worked with (media, local business), Mailchimp is untouchable.

The best elements of Mailchimp are:

- Nice clean email templates with a sufficient of control of styling, makes it easy to output good looking emails with minimal effort

- Clean dashboard makes it easy to navigate

- EVERYTHING in the world connects to Mailchimp... (Shopify, Clickfunnels, OptinMonster, etc.) and oftentimes, Mailchimp may be the only email integration.

- Fun branding... hip UI

- New "Tag" feature makes it easy to organize sub-lists.

What do you dislike?

I think the biggest limitations around Mailchimp would be the way they handle subscribers and lists separately. For example, I could be subscribed to list A and list B, so I count as 2 contact records in the account. In this sense, the list is the primary unit of organization and subscribers are added to lists.

Compare this to ActiveCampaign where the subscriber is the main unit of organization, and a subscriber can belong to many lists -- but they still count as a single subscriber. I find this system to be much more effective in organizing large lists.

Beyond this, Mailchimp didn't have user-tagging until recently so it was always difficult to extract sub-lists of users from larger Lists.

The two other areas that I always use to evaluate whether Mailchimp is the right fit for a project:

- Automation - Mailchimp doesn't have as strong automation features as other products like ActiveCampaign. Their automated email flow is very linear and doesn't have as much flexibility forking users based on actions, tags, etc.

- Template flexibility - the Mailchimp email builder requires you to choose your layout (1 column, 2 column, 3 column, etc) upfront so it can be difficult to change the layout after the fact. Other email builders have a true drag-n-drop functionality where you can adjust from 1 column to 2 or 3 columns on the fly - which means you don't have to restart your designs when you want to tweak content layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need complex automations and deep user segmenting, I'd definitely consider MailChimp as the best option for most businesses needing a bulk email solution.

Mailchimp is a very solid bulk email marketing provider that is both powerful enough for large businesses like the Clover Letter, and simple enough for smaller businesses to be able to get started in an afternoon.

Mailchimp review by Mariana I.
Mariana I.

"Beautiful templates for beautiful emails"

What do you like best?

Its templates, they are colorful and useful.

You can edit templates so easily or you can use HTML if you know what you are doing.

The game you can play after sending an email is amazing and something unique.

The statistics they provide are useful, basic, but useful.

You can segment your lists and select a segment from a group to send the email.

You can export the mail to HTML in case you want to send it using gmail, for example.

What do you dislike?

Statistics are basic.

When you send emails to gmail accounts they go to "promotions" mailbox.

You have no support in chat.

It is a little expensive.

They have the unsubscribe button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating mails is not difficult but sometimes managing all the features of Mailchimp may be difficult if one does not have experience or ideas of Marketing.

They can cancel your account if you send mails that may end being marked as spam.

We send mails with our services or promotions to our clients and potential people so we use mailchimp to do that.

The statistics they give are cool, easy to understand and with graphics.

You can't remove some parts of the bottom of the mail.

Mailchimp review by Andres R.
Andres R.

"Useful and complete product"

What do you like best?

The best design of all time, allows you to do everything, have very well designed emails and very simple with the drag and drop functionality. I can automate my work easily. Impressive features especially for email marketing. The management of campaigns and the sending of large numbers of emails in record time.

What do you dislike?

Presents some errors or errors in the email editor, most of the time they are at the end of the email if you have a bit of code or something like a widget (given by them), which is a big mistake because They lose credibility if their own add-ons, widgets or elements to edit in their own editor do not work as they should.

I have created unique campaigns, I spread the word with emails, social announcements and much more. I can automate my busy work and make my life easier with automation. All at the same time that I optimize all my efforts. I continue my campaign, I know when my contacts receive my emails and much more. The contact list is extensive and is managed quickly. Monitoring and improved analysis.

Mailchimp review by Rebecca Harmony M.
Rebecca Harmony M.

"Mailchimp can be very helpful, however a lot of companies block it with their firmware."

What do you like best?

I like the tracking features. You can review who is opening the email and if they have clicked on anything in the email. This helps you to know who isn't looking at what you send out.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that companies are blocking more and more of the emails from MailChimp. It is difficult to get the important invitations out to the employers I work with for career fairs from one system due to the blocking feature at a lot of companies. Especially government entities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a backup way to reach some people due to some email boxes blocking or sending to junk email.

I follow up with the companies that have opened my emails but never took the next step. This lets me know more about what is holding them back from the follow through and how I can use that data to make future changes.

Mailchimp review by Vanilla V.
Vanilla V.

" The best system to manage mass mail!"

What do you like best?

It is a very popular and well-known website that allows you to send newsletters and emails to users who have subscribed to a list on your website or blog. It is an ideal tool to carry out email marketing campaigns, with facilities for the design of email bulletins, automated messages, programming and creation of specific campaigns. In addition, with MailChimp you not only send the campaign to your subscriber list, but you can also share it on social networks or even combine several services. It's free up to 2,000 subscribers This email marketing tool is free until the 2,000 subscribers are exceeded or 12,000 emails are sent per month. These figures are quite high for an SME, so you can surely enjoy the free version for quite some time.

What do you dislike?

In the free version, Mailchimp does not allow you to create follow-up messages to your contacts. That is, you can not send automatic messages when, for example, you receive a new subscription. These messages are of vital importance in an email marketing campaign because they allow to strengthen the relationships with the subscriber at specific times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In any case, creating a mailing list and managing mailing and newsletters has become a fundamental task in any digital marketing strategy. If you do not know all the tools or do not know how to make your campaigns work, you can look for information in the network that will guide you to use this incredible tool.

I use templates that are easily customizable in my work, which allows for a bulletin according to the design and style of the company where I work. MailChimp also allows you to import your own templates or it also includes a library of existing templates that can be edited. I recommend it since you do not need to have much previous experience or knowledge in HTML, since all the tools are intuitive and easy to use and it's easy to also integrate on the Facebook page. Another thing that helps me is that the hosting of images is completely free and unlimited.

Mailchimp review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"User-friendly for the most part"

What do you like best?

I love that Mailchimp has a system that allows you to move full cells on and off of your canvas. They alert you when your photos are mis-sized and make it easy to resolve. Their analytics are easy to read and easy to send out to the appropriate parties for review. When entering in users, it is very easy to submit a list as long as you have a .csv formatted document. Removing the names is not as easy but is easier than that of Mailchimps competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to make each cell have the same formatting - the formatting feature seems to be lacking in continuity of design. There should be a button you can hit to format all cells the same way. Color schemes would be a great way to combat the templates all having mismatched formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when using this site that you are able to stop and check the continuity of design between each cell that you place in your canvas. Enable your social sharing buttons as it will increase your overall reach as an organization and the graphics, when utilized properly, can take you a long ways.

Mailchimp took the place of Vertical response for us. It is a lot easier to track performance of each email we send.

Mailchimp review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Easy to use and powerful, even on the free plan"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use while also remaining powerful, which makes it easy to recommend for just about anyone. The free plan is worth using just for email database management. Anyone that has ever sent press releases manually from their own email address knows all about the problems associated with doing that, such as bouncebacks, spam flagging, and unpredictable delivery and presentation by your email client and the recipient’s client.

What do you dislike?

They’ve done a good job of making the interface more user friendly and making the options less confusing, but that was a problem that plagued Mailchimp for a while in my opinion. Also, sometimes the email designer can become slow and unresponsive. I also experience quirks with external connections like social cards, etc.

As a media agency, I use Mailchimp to maintain mailing databases for multiple clients, design and send emails, track analytics, and post automatically to the clients’ social pages. Without a tool like Mailchimp, this would all have to be done manually, whereas with Mailchimp much of it is automated.

Mailchimp review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Easy to use; easy to make beautiful emails"

What do you like best?

I like that Mailchimp looks fantastic on both sides--both for the user and for the email recipient. I was new to email marketing when I signed up to use this, and it was a breeze to sign up and get my emails together and sent out. Those on the list really loved the emails. I found it easy to set up subsequent emails and keep sending out great looking mail.

What do you dislike?

The templates are rather basic at times; it can take some time to get them into the layout that I want. I would like to see more templates with more flexibility in design. That would really save me time, which is one of the reasons why I use MailChimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! You can sign up in a few minutes and it doesn't cost a thing to get started. In fact, you can you use the entire thing for free until you have so many subscribers (2,000, I think). If you are a small organization, this may never cost you anything. And it's a great way to send out really professional looking emails. MailChimp walks you through the process of setting up the campaign, getting your email list together, and keeping on the right side of the law about sending out emails. It is the cream of the crop and a great product.

We are probleming how to inform members about our organization. We were sending out emails through gmail, but we could only do text then. It was hard to keep track of how what we sent out, who was on our list, and who responded to things.

Mailchimp review by Daemon R.
Daemon R.

"Affordable Email Autoresponder That Is Easy To Use And Effective"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp has a very simple interface for designing campaigns with drag and drop features and live updating so you can see exactly how it all looks. Mailchimp also does landing pages that integrate directly with whatever campaign you want. Also a great new feature is that they now do postcards so you can combine online and offline strategies to provide multi-touch campaigns with plenty of call to actions and opportunity to convert your lists.

What do you dislike?

As long as you don't have a huge number of subscribers Mailchimp is a very good option to use an autoresponder. Mailchimp charges you based upon the size of the list and the increments are not large so a slightly larger list would cost you extra. They do provide a discount for doing two-key authentication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you never had an autoresponder before, or are loooking for one to use for a client, definitely go with Mailchimp. Its affordable, simple, yet has enough features and benefits for a growing company to find use with them as they grow.

Having a way to build a list is important in business and making campaigns, landing pages and postcards to keep those subscribers interested and active is important so having Mailchimp to do it all easily, with drag and drop features and good analytics and integration is great.

Mailchimp review by Obumneme O.
Obumneme O.

"Awesome for targeted email marketing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Mailchimp is in its ability to customize your target lists to ensure the right people are getting the right message. The days of going through spreadsheets to find out who to send what are over and you never need to worry about sending the same person duplicate emails (unless they signed up to your list with different email accounts). The integration with social media is very convenient and really helps messages get an even further reach after they are sent. Also, having an archive of emails with many ways to view metrics on each of them as well as access to each recipient's behavior is very valuable

What do you dislike?

Overall, Mailchimp is a good tool for sending out email campaigns. It's simplicity has saved a lot of time and the way the contact lists are handled is superb. Some of the quirks I mentioned in the cons section are very frustrating but livable when weighed in with the pros. The recent GDPR regulations were a strain on our organization but getting our Mailchimp list compliant was the easiest part.

If your organization generally sends out one type of message or you don't have to worry about different divisions of your organization needing to have different settings, Mailchimp should work very well for you with very little issue. Our organization is more complicated with the need to send very different messages from different divisions and sub divisions so it is trickier for us to use. It would make sense for organizations like ours to have multiple, separate Mailchimp accounts but that would defeat the most important feature, which is the integrated contact list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall our experience with MailChimp was a good one. I think it is a perfect platform to get going on to build your audiences and find your groove. Just know that you will outgrow this platform and your need for more advanced features will push you to a different service. If you want to use some semi-advanced features of most enterprise ESP's, you will ned to utilize additional middleware to accomplish this. But MailChimp is a great return for the investment.

Targeted email marketing, building landing page, social media advertising.

Mailchimp review by Caleb B.
Caleb B.

"Great for HTML design, terrible for list management"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the ability to drag & drop images and designs for HTML email creation. Very reliable HTML emails that show up great on computers, phones, and tablets. Mailchimp is unbeat in these arena.

What do you dislike?

Terrible list management. T Hey finally started including "Tags" which are a more flexible way to quickly categorize your list, but what a bear to apply tags to a group of people, import spreadsheets, or automate processes. They desperately need more workflow capabilities with list management and automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're building HTML emails, use Mailchimp! If you're automating your email workflows, look elsewhere.

We're getting great -looking emails out to our clients on a regular basis, tracking their clicks, and...that's about it. We have to put a good amount of work in filtering our spreadsheets manually based off many paramenters that are exported from our CRM, and there's not a good way /workflow for those to automatically get updated just by importing into Mailchimp

Mailchimp review by Dominique B.
Dominique B.

"Mostly user friendly, could use some refinement"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can now avoid being flagged as spam by using Mailchimp instead of Gmail Groups is great. Branding my emails is a wonderful touch for my purchasers and potential customers. That it's primarily a free service is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

Branding the emails through their editor is not intuitive or that quick. No way to customize recipients off lists, you have to make new ones. Sometimes they get filtered into Junk or Promotions where my customers can't see them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really sit down with the editors and customization features. Make presets for everything that you can to expedite your campaigns. Take advantage of the scheduling features to make sending your marketing campaigns a breeze.

Email communication with all of my pre-order customers at once has become fairly painless. People get the updates right away now and they can tell it's me thanks to the ability to brand every fine detail.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Mailchimp Videos

Learning about Mailchimp?

* We monitor all Mailchimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Mailchimp