MailChimp

(7,745)

MailChimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for MailChimp?

Learning about MailChimp?

MailChimp Reviews

Showing 7,753 MailChimp reviews
MailChimp review by Daryl W.
Daryl W.

"An affordable way to keep in touch with contacts"

What do you like best?

I like MailChimp's templates, which allow me to create professional emails without having to think too much about optimize the layout to suit mobile and desktop email clients. I can also use templates that are formatted for certain types of announcements, which helps me to get my message across more effectively. I don't really need too much design skill. I can just focus on the text content of the email.

What do you dislike?

Compared to some other email newsletter services I've read about, there isn't a whole lot of advanced features with MailChimp. I'd like to have more extensive data about user interactions and to create more customized mailing lists that can tag users with specific interests and other data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is solid starter service for email newsletters. If you're on a budget, you can maybe start with MailChimp and then move those contacts to a new program, like a more advanced CRM later, if needed.

MailChimp has been a low-cost automated emailing platform that allows me to distribute news, promotions and other company information quickly and easily. It provides me with an automated way to stay within email regulations and gives the recipient and streamlined way to opt out of future emails.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MailChimp
MailChimp review by Paola B.
Paola B.

"MailChimp It works great!"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is very simple to start sending campaigns by email,

This tool has a great capacity of use and is constantly updated to make it easier to use.

The free version works very well to start: we have been using the free version for 3 years and we have not changed it.

If you need a template, this is the best tool. If you need simple analyzes, this is the one indicated. It is easy to use, easy to send, has automatic functions, built-in encoding functions, works well with html, css, wordpress. Easy to use, easy to connect to social networks, and even better, it's just email marketing.

MailChimp was the first email marketing software that I used, this has been my goal. Even before I started coding and developing sites, I loved it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly for what I used it, it was perfect. He did not need more than what he offers.

This tool satisfactorily fulfills its work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it! Obviously, there is a free version and a paid version, but if you are looking for an easy-to-use email, this is the place.

Use Mailchimp to create subscriber lists and send email marketing campaigns with very good results. because it works very well, we do not have problems with spam or unwanted messages. s

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

MailChimp review by Miriam M.
Miriam M.

"Excellent MailChimp Tool"

What do you like best?

It's amazing, despite the little time I've been using it, start with the free version and go for the paid version.

This tool is very powerful, MailChimp knows what Mail marketing means, and they have designed the most friendly way to apply it in the company or business.

If you have mailing lists or not! mailchimp will help you with the creation of these, in just 25 minutes I made my first campaign, it offers very good statistical tools,

You can also import your own templates or simply customize your existing templates, it has all the standard functions available from the programming to the creation of subscription forms and the hosting of images is free and unlimited.

What do you dislike?

You can not send an email or chat with a customer service representative and not all questions are answered. The best option is an Internet search and I await your questions and have responded elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using mailchimp for less than a year and I would recommend it to anyone, beginner or not. It has been so easy for me to learn. I love the options available to guide emails.

We use MailChimp to send surveys and newsletters for all the user we have, since it is an efficient way to send a lot of emails at the same time and to have the users fully informed and to know their opinion of the sent emails....

MailChimp review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"Simple and powerful email marketing with built-in automation "

What do you like best?

MailChimp is by far the easiest to use, most powerful email platform out there. Designed for small-to-medium sized businesses at the outset, it does a really good job of scaling up to enterprise level with its pro features. It brought my company out of the dark ages of slow, on-premise email marketing that didn't integrate with any other systems, and allowed us to automate a good amount of our campaigns that we send regularly.

What do you dislike?

I wish the ecommerce integration was easier to set up for non-integrated platforms. There also is an opportunity for better, more granular control with user permissions - one of the hangups that I have is that you can't set user permissions on a per-list basis, which would be helpful when setting up access for business users in different departments, who only need access to specific lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting from nothing, it's a perfect platform due to its simplicity. If you're thinking about using the API to integrate with other databases you might run into some trouble. Best to stick with the out-of-the-box integrations.

Automating our email marketing to take work off of our hands while increasing ROI on our campaigns. We've seen a noticeable uptick in revenue generated from our emails, had greater visibility with the reporting and even collected some very useful feedback from customers that we wouldn't otherwise have seen.

MailChimp review by Eva L.
Eva L.

"Great software for outreach and email promos"

What do you like best?

I think that Mailchimp is a great email marketing service. I use this product regularly and enjoy creating campaigns with it. I would recommend implementing more uses though. Nice intuitive interface, I love the themes, and the ease of use. More than that I love the A/B testing. Using different headlines to get higher open rates. Segmenting is also brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Pricing possibly a little bit of an issue, it does get a little expensive dependant on number of people you want to send to. But i imagine this will evolve over time so not big issue as such! Good company and easy to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been using it in the company for a while and there's nothing to complain about! Simple, easy to use, some powerful features to speed up the newsletter process and it does great analytics of opens, click-throughs, industry averages, etc.

We use it to admin our campaigns and offers, It helped us to reach our customers in a better visual way, including photos and sales coupons.

MailChimp review by Jane J.
Jane J.

"Excellent MailChimp"

What do you like best?

It makes the process of creating newsletters a lot of fun!

Mailchimp is simple, really powerful and super simple to use.

Creating newsletters used to be something I feared. Since I use Mailchimp I really do not care.

The best thing of all is to have a free account that is perfect for most small businesses.

One of my favorite features. You can create professional email templates with ease.

If the drag and drop does not have the exact layout you're looking for, you can also custom code your own.

Duplicate email. You can "copy and paste" an old email template and then replace the text and photos, no need to create or recreate to layout every time you want to send an email.

What do you dislike?

I mentioned I love the drag and drop, but it's not perfect. There are limitations, it would be great to be able to place more than 2 products side by side.

Price can be steep when you reach a certain amount of subscribers. Not a good idea to do a mass import if you're a new company with no revenue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is perfect for a company just starting out and looking for a professional email platform.

Mailchimp allows you to grow at your own speed, and can easily handle a large mailing list as it can a small.

100% Recommend

I am currently using MailChimp to communicate with clients and previous prospects. We send emails that offer promotions.

We get a large percentage of participation in our MailChimp campaigns. I have really helped solve the problem of sending complicated emails for small businesses.

MailChimp review by Ismael G.
Ismael G.

"Gran herramienta para tus campañas de publicidad"

What do you like best?

MailChimp es una gran herramienta que te permite crear tus campañas de publicidad, una newsletter y promocionar tus redes sociales de una manera sumamente sencilla y muy profesional sin necesidad de otros programas o tener que diseñar. Ofrece una gran variedad de modelos, puedes elegir el que más te guste y editarlo fácilmente con su editor, agregar botones, enlaces, cuadros de texto y mucho más. Además te ofrece la posibilidad de ver información acerca de tus campañas, como por ejemplo los clics que han hecho en tus correos y te permite tener seguimiento en vivo de todo desde su panel.

What do you dislike?

Quizás, el único inconveniente que tiene (para grandes empresas ya que si tienes una empresa pequeña esto no te afecta) es el número de suscriptores de correo que te permiten de forma gratuita, aunque siempre puedes pagar para tener una audiencia más grande.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Con esta herramienta no tendrás que tener conocimientos de código o html para poder crear tu propio correo de publicidad y campañas de marketing de una manera muy profesional y rápida.

MailChimp me ha permitido crear mis propias campañas de publicidad para mis suscriptores de mi página web de una manera muy sencilla sin tener que hacerlo con código.

MailChimp review by Lakeshia B.
Lakeshia B.

"The best email marketing"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily upload subscribers to MailChimp using CSV files, excel or an integration. I also like that I can put each list into groups. I can also segment my uses to help tailor my emails to them. This makes it helpful when I'm setting up MailChimp for clients. I also like that when everything is set up it can be automated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we I do need to us a integration that helps to link QuickBooks and MailChimp. It does it do what we wont it to do. I wish thier was a way to move current subscriber with that integration and not just new ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very easy to use and you will see the benefits fast.

Business problems we are solving with Mailchimp is help to build our client customers relations. We are also trying to value to are customers your are subscribed to are emails. The biggest benefit is that email is a large medium and everyone is using this platform. We are able to reach more customers and control the message they see.

MailChimp review by Cristian M.
Cristian M.

"Una buena plataforma de e-mail marketing para principiantes o pequeñas empres"

What do you like best?

Es popular por buenas razones, ya que la configuración de plantillas de correo electrónico es realmente sencilla, guiada por un proceso paso a paso con codificación adicional y funciones avanzadas de configuración. También permite que las fuentes RSS se envíen a una lista de registro de blogs. La creación de campañas automáticas de goteo es otra característica que utilizamos en gran medida y funciona muy bien para aumentar el seguimiento.

What do you dislike?

Una representación visual en forma de diagrama de flujo sería extremadamente útil. Otro software de email marketing como Active Campaign hace un trabajo mucho mejor en esto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Al equipo de ventas y marketing le encantará su herramienta de informes para ver la eficacia de su campaña y la interacción por correo electrónico de su público objetivo. También es integrable a aplicaciones de terceros y plataformas de comercio electrónico.

Mayormente lo usamos para campañas de email a nuestros clientes.

Es muy sencillo importar y sincronizar todo tipo de datos de clientes de un servicio a otro. El análisis que ofrece mailchimp a partir de las campañas también es muy útil, al igual que sus nuevas tareas automatizadas que envían correos electrónicos automáticos a los clientes.

MailChimp review by Steven P.
Steven P.

"Convenient Survey Tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing - and the thing that has been most beneficial about MailChimp is how to allows us to promote our business while at the same time growing our audience through targeted social media campaigns. MailChimp offers customized Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns that help us reach customers who are similar to our target customers. We just provide the customer characteristics and MailChimp uses their social media profile to match them with us and they see our advertisement. This has led to almost 50 percent more business since we started utilizing MailChimp social media campaigns on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I don't like about MailChimp is its mobile application. While it is nice and convenient to have the option of a mobile application because it allows you to have access to MailChimp at the click of a button without having to login with username and password each time you need to access your account - the MailChimp application lacks functionality and usability. It always crashes or is so slow that I have to manually restart the application. This has led to a lot of wasted time and lost work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MailChimp no matter how big of a customer base you marketing to or how big your company is because it has something to offer everyone. If you aren't sure about MailChimp or don't need it too much, I suggest trying the free plan which will give you basic features and allow you to get a feel for the product. Overall, I would recommend MailChimp as I use it myself over its many competitors.

The thing that I like the best about MailChimp is its marketing automation feature which helps me to stay connected with my target audience - and even build my audience - so I am not wasting time doing repetitive tasks. MailChimp‘s market automation feature automates the email marketing process which in turn allows me to focus on other aspects of my company. I like how I am able to use MailChimp to market to people based on their specific behaviors, preferences, and sale history. This has increased the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. It also saves a lot of time that used to be spent manually researching consumer patterns and responses.

MailChimp review by David G.
David G.

"perfecto para principiantes !"

What do you like best?

No tengo mucha experiencia en estrategias de mercadeo, así que esta fue la primera vez que usé un programa importante para ayudarme. Pero en una semana, me sentí muy cómodo usando toda la plataforma. Definitivamente facilita la edición de las imágenes de un correo electrónico, la adición de destinatarios de correo electrónico y el seguimiento de los datos procedentes de sus correos electrónicos.

What do you dislike?

Su Base de Conocimientos (sección de ayuda) es bastante buena, pero a veces sería bueno tener una persona de apoyo en vivo con quien hablar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp no sólo es fácil de usar y ofrece tantas funciones útiles en un solo lugar, sino que está en continuo crecimiento y mejora. Añadieron el retargeting de Facebook hace un tiempo (que he usado) y el remarketing de Google también (que pienso usar). Estoy emocionado de ver lo que se les ocurre a continuación!

Recomiendo a todo el mundo que lo pruebe no pierdes nada !

Campañas de marketing por correo electrónico, automatización del correo electrónico como carritos de la compra abandonados, anuncios de retargeting en Facebook. He alcanzado nuevas audiencias y me he comprometido con las audiencias que ya tengo. Tambien he conseguido tener ordenado las listas de personas a las que le envio ofertas , para asi poder requerir su consentimiento para el Reglamento General de Protección de datos (GPDR)

MailChimp review by Rafael M.
Rafael M.

"Supersencilla y económica opción de Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

El envío masivo de correos electrónicos es muy sencillo, con plantillas prefabricadas y la capacidad de guardar las plantillas que uno mismo crea. Basta con copiar y pegar el contenido y el programa se encarga del resto, tiene muchas opciones de administración de suscriptores y es supersencillo de aprender a usar.

Tiene una opción de uso gratuito que es muy aprovechable para ser gratis contiene bastante para trabajar en campañas básicas de una empresa.

What do you dislike?

Es dificil a veces crear una campaña muy atractiva, por falta de opciones a la hora de editar plantilla deberian ser añadidas para mayor personalizacion y comodidad a la hora de fabricarlas, pero en general es algo que con el tiempo se ira añadiendo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitivamente un gran producto para utilizar con fines de marketing. Todos los niveles de conocimientos informáticos son capaces de obtener a través de la página web sin mucha ayuda, recomiendo que lo prueben ya que tiene opción gratuita

Utilizamos MailChimp para nuestros boletines informativos/envíos para todo el usuario, porque es una manera eficiente de enviar una tonelada de correos electrónicos a la vez.

MailChimp review by Ana R.
Ana R.

"La forma mas fácil de enviar correos masivos"

What do you like best?

Lo fácil que Mailchimp hace todo, es realmente intuitivo y con su interfaz paso a paso te ayuda también a cumplir con legislaciones internacionales y locales como el GRDP, una vez ya tengas tus listados importados, que son compatibles con copiar y pegar de excel o csv, ya puedes empezar a jugar con grupos y segmentos, ademas de la fácil integración con Wordpress... una pasada!

What do you dislike?

Le falta el idioma Español, la interfaz fácil e intuitiva ayuda pero para muchos que no hablamos ingles estar traducida ayudaría bastante, aun así sigue bastante mas fácil que otras soluciones que hemos probado, incluyendo la ofrecida por nuestro host.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben la versión gratuita antes de ir a los planes de pago, tienen casi todas las funciones de las versiones premium y pueden servir a la mayoría de empresas pequeñas.

El sistema de envíos "manual" que teníamos anteriormente era bastante malo para una empresa de ese tamaño y ademas no cumpliría con la actual legislación de privacidad.

MailChimp review by Igor Vinícius N.
Igor Vinícius N.

"Gran funcionalidad, mismo en las cuentas gratis"

What do you like best?

Sencillamente funciona, y funciona MUY bien... con una infinidad de personalización y opciones, además consiguieron mantener la interfaz limpia e intuitiva. Los planes gratis ofrecen casi toda la funcionalidad de los planes de pago y sirven para la gran mayoría de negocios, muy recomendable.

What do you dislike?

No nos convencieron del todo los planes ya que tenemos un bajo volumen de envíos pero listados bastante grandes de correo electrónicos, lo que hacía que los planes fueran bastante caros por correo enviado. También le falta localización (traducción) al Español, está solamente en inglés.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben la versión gratuita antes de pagar un plan para ver si Mailchimp atiende a tus necesidades.

Principalmente automatización de los requerimientos legales, Mailchimp ayuda que cumplas la ley de SPAM y privacidad indicando cuáles informaciones deberían estar metida en el correo electrónico y informando paso a paso cómo cumplir las leyes de tu región, solamente eso puede traer el retorno de la inversión entre posibles multas y problemas legales que SPAM puede traer (sin hablar en el daño a la imagen de la empresa)

MailChimp review by Larry C.
Larry C.

"Mailchimp helps the Angelos Mission Ensemble send its emails!"

What do you like best?

We at AME like how Mailchimp lets us easily send newsletters to students and parents, in addition to sending students homework assignments! Mailchimp is a great way to send mass emails out without worrying about whether or not the emails will result in the recipients' spam filters. Also, Mailchimp lets us know when a recipient has not opened the email, allowing us to know when to re-send the email!

What do you dislike?

We dislike how Mailchimp is not well-integrated with Google Drive. Students' names can be customized, but links to Google Docs cannot be customized, unless we use a free URL shortener such as TinyURL. We also dislike how editing on a smartphone is more tricky than it needs to be, as sometimes editing is more limited on a smartphone for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your site looks authentic, and that Mailchimp does not make your design or work more difficult. If it helps implement your online ideas for your business, then it will work for you.

We are able to send newsletters and important updates wherever we are, and we have realized that we can create templates, which solves the problem of having to re-write our emails manually each time.

MailChimp review by Dheeraj M.
Dheeraj M.

"Best app to build contact list!"

What do you like best?

Even the free version of this app contains so many features.You can create a list up to 2000 subscribers free of cost. free and easy way to create email templates. you can also create surveys and post it on your site or share with someone. It is easy to create forms and then integrate using the API. It can be connected with number of WordPress plugin and thus makes all the process simple.

What do you dislike?

The site navigation feature is not good. 2000 subscribers limit is too small and gets filled frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting to build a email list then this is the best app to start with. you can use its free version till you attain confidence and then move to the paid version.

We are using this app to build a contact email list. we have also performed many surveys with this app which helps us in getting the depth of market.

MailChimp review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Saves A TON of Time"

What do you like best?

There are a few reasons why I like MailChimp - one of the main reasons might seem small but it is major for me and my company - that is the ability to use MailChimp to collect consent from both new and current contacts. Consent is something that is important for my agency when it comes to specific mailing lists and MailChimp makes a usually cumbersome task much more manageable.

I also like that MailChimp makes it easy to "clean" contacts. We have so many "invalid" email addresses in our mailing lists and MailChimp allows for us to quickly clean out these invalid email addresses or update them with current emails.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about MailChimp is that it is pretty costly (expensive) - especially when compared in price to its competitors that offer similar services.

I also dislike how difficult it is to send emails outside of your MailChimp campaigns. Let's face it - sometimes it's necessary to send emails in HTML format - and MailChimp makes that easy. But, unless you are sending it from within a campaign, it is extremely difficult and time consuming to attempt to send an email to individual email addresses from MailChimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend MailChimp if you send mass emails of any kind. I also recommend testing out MailChimp with its free trail before you commit to purchase a plan. This is because MailChimp has standards or rules that they heavily enforce. If your email campaign doesn't abide by those rules, MailChimp will not allow you to proceed in sending that mass email. Use the trail verson to test in order to ensure that your campaign will work with MailChimp's terms.

MailChimp has made it much easier and less time consuming to distribute mass marketing emails. Sending emails to mass email addresses is something that we do on a daily basis at my company and we are starting to rely on MailChimp. Since MailChimp makes it easy to scrub your contact lists and filter out or update any invalid email addresses, it has helped take hours off the time each day that we used to spend scrubbing emails by hand.

MailChimp review by Its ME! R.
Its ME! R.

"Todo lo que necesitas para e-mail marketing con una interfaz moderna, limpia e intuitiva"

What do you like best?

Es increíble como un servicio gratuito (pagamos un plan profesional pero no es necesario para la mayoría) consigue ofrecer tantos recursos, sean ellos de administración de contactos (importacion / exportacion / filtros), envío de correos masivos o posteriores datos analiticos y integracion con comercio electronico y mantener su interfaz tan limpia, moderna y intuitiva, principalmente comparado con las soluciones que teníamos probado anteriormente, Mailchimp lleva el e-mail marketing a un nuevo nivel.

What do you dislike?

No nos convence de todo cómo han montado sus planes ya que, para empresas que no tienen un gran volumen de envíos pero si listados de correos muy grandes puede costar más que otro usuario con listados más pequeños pero con muchos más envíos de correos. Infelizmente estamos en el primer grupo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La cuenta gratuita de Mailchimp atiende a la necesidad de la gran mayoría de pequeñas empresas, no veo ninguna razón para no probarlo.

Envío masivo de correo, con la integración de woocommerce que vendrá en nuestra nueva página web Mailchimp se encargará también de enviar correos, por ejemplo, cuando abandonan el carrito. Además de poder añadir automáticamente usuarios al listado cuando se dan de alta en la web.

Si usan wordpress / woocommerce, es muy recomendable que prueben esa función.

MailChimp review by Abbie B.
Abbie B.

"Best Email Marketing Provider Out There"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is an amazing tool that enables it's users to see who opened, clicked, or interacted with an email marketing campaign. I love the ease of use and ability to make stunning email campaigns from easy to use, drag and drop templates. Mailchimp also integrates with a number of other applications which can be very beneficial. I love the ability to segment and create lists that are more specific and targeted to certain audiences. The search bar at the top makes it easy to find any contact or campaign that you're looking for in a flash. Overall, Mailchimp has been very beneficial for our small non-profit organization.

What do you dislike?

It took a little bit of time to understand and utilize all functions, but once you learn them it's a piece of cake to implement into your regular routine. Today, we pay to use mailchimp so the customer service is pretty good, but prior to that we just had the free account and it was basically impossible to reach anyone if we had any issues. It would be nice if you could easily find the date and time of when someone opens an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended if you're looking for an email marketing platform that is easy to use and cost effective.

We have been able to reach and engage with our users, followers, donors, and supporters. The large number of outside app integrations have been vastly beneficial.

MailChimp review by Nirakazi D.
Nirakazi D.

"MailChimp review first time user"

What do you like best?

So far, I enjoy the user interface. It is extremely intuitive. Easy to navigate. I can upload all of my business logos and images. I just started to create an email template for subscribers, which I think is extremely handy when trying to advertise and develop a following or fan base. Plus its free! They have wonderful templates, all to cater diffferent topics, such as sharing a new product, sharing an event (past or upcoming) Or you can create your own template. You can also share your campaign on Facebook or Twitter.

What do you dislike?

The customer service seems to be a bit lacking .. But so far I have been able to figure things out on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are beginning a blog or an online email subscription list, this is a great free tool! But the customer service is a little bit weak and poor at times. They do offer a FAQ and helpful articles.. hope you don't have any questions for a live human representative, because it is almost impossible to get in touch with one. If you are technologically inclined, you may have a better chance at fixing your problem on your own. Beautiful email templates, high customisable.You can upload your own pics onto your template. Free and easy to use!

As a sole proprietor of a small home business, I was looking for something that I use to email my small fan base. I realize that MailChimp is free for up to 2000 subscribers.

MailChimp review by Unicorn C.
Unicorn C.

"Even if you no nothing about email campaigns..."

What do you like best?

Lots of great features for a free program! I can have multiple mailing lists and send individual campaigns to individual lists (or all of them at once). I can integrate my sign up form with my Facebook business page. I can do targeted campaigns (they have paid versions that offer you more options). And I can easily create beautiful emails without any coding knowledge as they have a wide variety of beautiful templates for whatever you might need. The also send me a weekly report so I know how many people have signed up that week!

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of, MailChimp is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They will actually allow you to grow your list quite large (other free companies won't) so, unless you are already pulling in thousands of subscribers this is a great platform for a small business owner or freelencer to use for email marketing.

Lots of really great information about how customers are interacting with my emails help me to target my information better. How many people clicked on the links I added? How many people opened the email? Which links got the most clicks? Pretty awesome for a free program.

MailChimp review by Ayanna D.
Ayanna D.

"Drag and drop with ease as well as appealing analytical data"

What do you like best?

I love that ANYBODY can use MailChimp. You can choose from thier preset templates then tweak them to your liking or you can build your own templates from scratch with their drag and drop feature. If your a capable HTML coder, you can import your code for and even more customized look.

What do you dislike?

Limited field customization and building forms can be glitchy. We often have to keep notepad open with the copy we require, so that we can easily copy and paste if we need to rebuild a form. We also need to figure out ways to have the data we collect convert into the analytics we need using the list’s field options provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is great for those who are new to engagement marketing tools or for those who just don’t have the time to learn how to build and code from scratch. You will be walked through teach step of the process in an appealing and unassuming way. It’s also great for this that DO know how to code and build from scratch. You can build templates the way you like but also use the analytical capabilities as you see fit.

We use the app mainly to collect leads from educational fairs or self initiated subscriptions during on site recruitment events. We also use our online account to manage leads in order to send targeted communications.

MailChimp review by Molly M.
Molly M.

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Mail Chimp is very user friendly. I have used it myself and recommended as a first step tool in email marketing. I like that it has a free version to get newbies going in email marketing. I like that you can create your own design and easily upload it and it walks you through the steps, or that you can start a campaign and build it from scratch right in the app. I also like being able to use the mobile app to send and review campaigns when you decide to do a last minute send. It also notifies me that scheduled campaigns have been sent. It also has great paid tiers based on subscribers.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop tool is very useful, but I wish there was a mobile design tool rather than designing for desktop. It's not the most robust tool ever created, but it's great for beginner and intermediate users. I would say as far as uploading your uploading your own design it's not the most flexible because there's no way to slice it up within the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to get started with email marketing, this is the tool I would use.

I was looking for something easy to use that both myself and clients could use. Most of my clients using this product are sending out promo codes and newsletters and need an easy, user friendly solution to create email blasts. It's a great tool with a very user friendly app. It's great to keep and segment lists for certain campaigns.

MailChimp review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Robust, Easy to Use Email Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Over the years, MailChimp has grown leaps and bounds on the features, integrations, and functionality of their system. I love that, for small organizations or nonprofits, the system can be used for free to communicate with their constituents. I particularily like how easy it is to manage lists and clean data.

What do you dislike?

There are very few or no real dislikes I have about this system. The only area which could be more robust is the reporting. While the out of the box reporting is very nice, it could be beneficial to allow custom reporting to track individual measures and benchmarks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is great for the beginner and the advanced email marketer. The system is easy to install and integrate on your website and can be configured in a matter of minutes. The professionally designed, easy to use templates are all mobile friendly and allow "drag and drop" creation of emails. For the more advanced users, you can integrate with internal lists and systems to make your campaigns personalized and robust.

MailChimp allows me to communicate with groups of people through attractive, responsive email marketing channels. I am able to segment my user groups and communicate effectively with each of them individually. I also enjoy being able to schedule and time my campaigns so they can send automatically.

MailChimp review by Melissa J.
Melissa J.

"ABSOLUTELY LOVE MAILCHIMP! "

What do you like best?

I love most things about MailChimp. I have been an active MailChimp user for about 6 years. The user interface is awesome, it's easy to use, it's to the point, the templates aren't insane (or ugly), and you can send to thousands of subscribers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that once you're banned from MailChimp for using a list that might have been "solicited" you're banned forever. There is no coming back. I work in Student Housing and we receive large lists from the Universities around the U.S. Most of the time MailChimp sees these lists as "solicited" and not real subscribers so they ban the account completely. It's absolutely ridiculous, and their customer service is HORRENDOUS so good luck trying to talk to a real person. I also wish that they would implement some kind of enterprise system for businesses. There's nothing like that to this day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure your lists are thoroughly vetted through. You do not want your account to get blocked. Also, make sure that platforms like this come easily to you. There is literally 0 customer service with this product.

I think the main thing is communication across a large platform. You can email thousands of people to get your message out to the masses. It's a great tool as long as you understand the product and don't need assistance.

MailChimp review by Shaliah Ruth M.
Shaliah Ruth M.

"MailChimp Review"

What do you like best?

-If having a newsletter service that integrates with other tools is essential for you – whether you’re an e-commerce, blogger, nonprofit, or business owner. It offers hundreds of integrations to both popular and niche applications (such as Zapier, WordPress and Shopify).

-This editor is fast and simple, using a drag & drop interface.

- Providing analytics. The data derived from MailChimp has been useful in crafting and adjusting our electronic communications to our audience.

What do you dislike?

-Email design can be incredibly complicated.

-Poor customer support: There have been few occasions when we encountered issues while using this program

-It doesn’t have a feature which will let me view which links I have clicked, the number of times I opened a particular email and more

-Mass changing users can be difficult at times, and required us to make a new mailing list and move things over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp has a number of effective templates that are made available to users once they have an account. What sets it apart, however, is the fact that you can import your own templates as well. You’re also given permission to modify the existing templates if you prefer. The point-and-click editor lets you get the coding updated without any HTML/CSS knowledge.

Lots of choice on template designs, relatively modern looking too. All of the drag & drop templates are responsive, but the classic templates are not.

They are the only provider that I’ve seen that has true drag and drop design builder. They have a built-in, live previewer. This combo means that anyone can implement a complex email design without having to get into the nuts and bolts of HTML.

MailChimp review by Christine M.
Christine M.

"MailChimp User Review"

What do you like best?

I like best the Campaign Building and how you can create lists per customer or group of people you'd like to send a campaign with.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer support: There have been few occasions when we encountered issues while using this program. It was always very difficult to contact the team behind this program; and the times when we were able to get across to them, it took days to even get a response. While users are provided with tons of support materials, it is always important for users to be able to reach out to a real human for complaints and suggestions.

Inconsistency in UI: MailChimp is inconsistent with how they regularly alter their user interface with every update, which can be annoying and requires the team to relearn the software navigation after every new update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish there was a way for me to go into an old email campaign and be able to edit it after it has sent, or copy/duplicate it for future use. Different from a template in the sense that I often send repeat information, and being able to make a copy of a previous campaign would be more ideal than creating a new campaign using a template. If this exists, it's not easily found for me.

Designing email templates takes longer than I think it should. It can be a bit clunky to design the template and get it the way you want it, navigating the set up process. Similar difficulties exist when selecting font or style of text, headlines, etc.

If you're willing to pay a little extra each month and take a step up from the free plan, MailChimp also allows you to set up automated emails. ... MailChimp is an all-in-one resource for email marketing, and their clean user interface makes managing lists, creating campaigns, and reviewing email performance so easy.

MailChimp review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"One of the Best Email Communication Tools Available"

What do you like best?

I love that Mailchimp excels greatly with what it does, and that is send quality emails to large groups. You are able to create crisp, clean, attractive, modern, and usable emails that will catch people's eye, communicate content CLEARLY, and help get your message out.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite aspect about Mailchimp is its lack of customization options for those who do not have coding skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the edge for using Mailchimp, just try it out first. You can send various emails for free before paying. It also has automations and landing pages, making it really easy to help get new people integrated into your culture.

I am working for an organization that NEEDS to get information to our supporters. Mailchimp makes it easy to do, especially once it's setup. I just helped a part of my team setup their own account, and they are now able to create quality content for their circles very easily and track how people are interacting with it.

MailChimp review by Mani R.
Mani R.

"mailchimp for a beginner"

What do you like best?

Bring out a campaign quickly for a new concept or application with signup and entering basic features. Collect email addresses of interested people for further promotion the idea by direct mail .Followup mails powered by mailchimp automatically without any interruption and predefined intervals.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the mails are not from genuinely interested parties and the mailing list gets inflated giving a false impression

Recommendations to others considering the product

The purpose for which it is intended for should be clear before registering otherwise may run into difficulty using the full power of the application

I have used to promote my website to bring out the hazards of dumping electronic waste and create an awareness to save the earth from contamination. Works very well as I am happy that there are many visitor trying to get an idea even if they do not disclose their true email id. It does not disturb me as my idea is to bring awareness and no need to do any followup. it is the duty of every individual to protect the environment for their own near and dear one's benefit. This marketing a concept and not for any material benefit.

MailChimp review by sointu p.
sointu p.

"Awesome Landing Pages"

What do you like best?

MailChimp has a free user plan which let me work with my email list at the time when I just got into digital marketing and was tight on the budget. the support is another great thing when it comes to mailchimp, the support is absolutely top class and help you all the time. i ahd a lot of questions when i was getting started and i even dont know the basic integrations of mailchimp with wordpress, i contacted them frequently while i was on the free plan but still they replied really fast to all the queries which is really awesome. i mainly used mailchimp for the purpose of creating landing pages and so far its going great, its very easy to create ladning pages with mailchimp and edit the elemets like images to customize it.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the email list take too much time to cleanup and to get analysed

Recommendations to others considering the product

first of all if youre just getting started into email marketing you should know that mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms in the web. there is a free plan available here for list upto 2000 subscribers and 12000 emails per month that's more than an email per week which is more than enough to get you going. i highly recommend you to go with mailchimp as i did and you wont regret it.

Mailchimp is an email marketing service which also allows you to create landing pages to get leads.

MailChimp review by Kristen B.
Kristen B.

"Accessible and User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

I really love that this software is very intuitive. I joined MailChimp with very little email marketing background, so this was a perfect fit for me!

What do you dislike?

The limited number of subscribers on the free plan is somewhat limited--2,000 might not be doable for those looking to expand a small business on a budget. For example, with So to Speak, we allow submitters to subscribe to our newsletters, and it is likely we will be at capacity within the next couple years. However, we don't have the budget to supplement a more expansive plan. I suggest making perhaps a more "middle ground" plan for non-profit groups?

We knew we needed to upgrade our marketing and outreach strategy, and knew email was the best way to improve this. However, nobody had a really in-depth background of HTML or coding. With MailChimp's drag and drop features, it was really easy for us to build a professional-looking newsletter on such a tight budget and limited resources.

MailChimp review by Jacquelynne  M.
Jacquelynne M.

"No IT support needed to master this Email system!"

What do you like best?

The numerous possibilities for many employees within the company to create incredible pieces of art with the click of a button is key. We are able to utilize our minimal staff to create a vast impact on our audience. The ease of creation, ability to save templates, and tracking mechanisms make MailChimp a successful contributor to our email marketing strategies not just as a department but across the entire company.

What do you dislike?

The inability to update fields in Patron Manager (Salesforce) after receiving unsubscribes creates an extra step in the process of maintaining up-to-date records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trials to make an educated decision for your company, but familiarize yourself with all of the possibilities prior to beginning. It will benefit your users to have a base knowledge from the off-set in order to maximize the return.

Our customer experience has greatly improved through the use of a Pitch-Sell-Call to Action system that is streamlined and effective. We are able to utilize the incredible photography from our productions to captivate our audience in a way that is friendly to both mobile and desktop email formatting. The use of targeted A-B marketing has also allowed our company to gain insight as to best practices for our niche markets, loyalty curves, and first-time subscribers. Static segment mapping with Salesforce creates the means for our marketing team to quickly pull the most accurate data for campaign marketing, which in turn increases our open rates and click-throughs, therefore generating higher levels of traffic to our website.

MailChimp review by Hannah .
Hannah .

"Simple, inexpensive, perfect email solution"

What do you like best?

The simplicity. You can create emails from pre-made templates. Just put in your information, a logo, your pictures and you're done! The reporting is also helpful. You can view who opens your emails, who clicks link in the email, and use that information to know who is really engaged with your company. You can also use Automation/Recurring emails to interact with your customer base. You just add a sign up form to your website. Once they sign up, you can have it send specific emails over whatever time frame you choose.

What do you dislike?

The sign up forms. They are too basic. This is one area that has always been lacking. They need to add some pre-made sign up form templates. Also, their customer service is not the best. They will respond to you, but it feels like the person on the other end doesn't always know what they are talking about. As a user, I feel I have more knowledge than the employee sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an inexpensive, easy solution for keeping in touch with your customer base, clients, donors, etc., you really can't go wrong with MailChimp.

We use it as a nonprofit working with children in foster care. We use it to send out updates to our donors and to request donations for certain programs or initiatives. We have been able to keep in constant communication with our most important supporters. Social media is not effective when it comes to one-on-one interaction. An email that lands straight in front of them in their inbox does amazing things!

MailChimp review by Yolanda C.
Yolanda C.

"MailChimp is easy to use and easy to understand. "

What do you like best?

I like the user interface and the ease of use of the problem. Setting up auto responders and designing email templates do not require a lot of technical knowledge if you are looking to get a quick campaign deployed in as little time as possible. I also like the reporting tool, it makes it very email to determine the KPI's you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about MailChimp I would need to explore more of the features of MailChimp to find out if there is anything else that I dislike about the product.

I use MailChimp to send internal emails so it does not affect our reporting and sending limits within Watson Campaign Automation. I have also used MailChimp for a sign up button on my WordPress site. Once a user signs up on the WordPress site I used the automated message option to send a welcome email.

MailChimp review by Gina O.
Gina O.

"Awesome System to Create that E-mail List"

What do you like best?

Provides different campaigns and shows you step by step how to carry them out. I am also able to track my subscribers and the actions they have taken regarding my campaigns.

Integrates with Facebook, allowing you to create an email sign up form for your social media page. Clients that sign-up from your Facebook are then added to your e-mail list.

The cost for use is dependent on the number of subscribers you have. This is great for small business on a budget. It allows you to have a substantial number of subscribers before having to pay out of pocket.

What do you dislike?

The popup form doesn't appear to be working properly on my site. Changes my navigation bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great e-mail marketing solution to start off with. If you are on a limited budget, MailChimp allows you to accumulate 2,000 subscribers before you have to upgrade to a paid account. It is also very easy to use, with step-by-step instructions. Most campains can be up and running in 10 minutes.

Mail chimp is allowing me to create a mailing list from scratch. I love that I am able to see my subscribers and have them all in one area. Also tracks when they have opened an email and allows me to create my own notes regarding each subscriber on my list. I am also able to set up different landing pages for each of my services and track them individually. MailChimp even allows you to link downloads to each campaign and automatically will send the download. MailChimp is great for business that do not have thousands of dollars a month to spend on campaign adds. Provides you an opportunity to see a return before your first bill. Mail chimp also has saved me time because once I set up a campaign it is automated.

MailChimp review by Alyssa E.
Alyssa E.

"Email Chimp is Amazing for Email Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and create stunning email blasts. I like that you can automatically import email addresses via copy and paste. This really saves me a lot of time. I like that you can add your social media handles on the bottom of each email blast. This is cool because my customers can click on it and see what is happening on our pages. I also like that you can see how each email blast did on a graph. I like to see results, so the graphs help.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to like about MailChimp and not many things to dislike. I am currently using the free option and hate that I can only have 2000 subscribers. But the free already has a ton of awesome features. Sometimes creating

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is easy and fun to use. I highly recommend that you sit down and learn the features before using it - there are alot of them!

MailChimp really streamlines the process of sending out email blasts. I used to do it wil just Outlook but found that it is so complicated and you cant have people opt out. MailChimp does all the hard stuff for you and also tells you which mailers worked and which sucked.

MailChimp review by Tiendas O.
Tiendas O.

"Excelente plataforma para gestionar el marketing para hacer campañas!!"

What do you like best?

Me encanta esta plataforma porque es muy productiva en el marketing y re-marketing para los usuarios, ademas puedes hacer multitud de filtros y segmentar a que tipo de usuario hacer la campaña para tu comercio electrónico o bien si tienes un blog personal a través del correo.

What do you dislike?

Pues la verdad que aumentaran el limite de la cuenta gratuita pero aun así si esas comenzando en las plataformas online ya sea un comercio electrónico o un blog personal, este servicio es muy superior para lo que inicialmente podrías buscar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Mailchimp a cualquier usuario que tenga una pagina web, si bien estas empezando con las plataformas online, bien con una tienda o si tienes un blog personal, con la cuenta gratuita podrás hacer muchas campañas segmentadas y automatizar cuando lo inicias, al igual que podrás hacer el autorespondedor, muy configurable todo.

Solventa multitud de problemas ya que puedes segmentar y seleccionar para hacer campañas diseñadas específicamente a los usuarios, puedes automatizar tareas para que a la hora que desees se inicie el boletín de noticias y de esa forma tu estarás tranquilo solo esperando a que te respondan.

MailChimp review by Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

"I've used a lot of email platforms, and I like it!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and relatively affordable. It has lots of interesting integrations like social media ads, and I like how easy it is to preview mail merges and test your emails. I also use Pardot for emails, and while MC doesn't have all the market automation platforms, I like it's email functionality better.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is kind of weird and I had to bump up my subscription pretty quickly to accommodate my list size, which was only around 550. It took me a minute to figure out list management and campaign building, but it was pretty intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying! Easy to use, affordable, some cool features and integrations.

Email marketing for a small test segment. I found it fairly easy to set up and start using immediately. I investigated a couple other platforms and found this met all my needs. I'd definitely recommend it if you aren't ready to invest tons of money in an email platform - I'm looking forward to testing out more features here.

MailChimp review by Erin W.
Erin W.

"MailChimp makes reaching out to your customers easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create campaigns and save them for future use. It's easy to edit a previously used campaign to use again. I like how easy it is to format interesting and engaging emails/newsletters for the clients, as MailChimp prompts you along the way with suggestions of what is useful and helpful. As someone with limited formatting experience, I appreciate it. It's also helpful to have the responses recorded. You can see who has read your emails, and how many customers have actually opened the email to click on links within the email.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes uploading photos can be frustrating as they take up a lot of space in the Mobile version of the emails (which most people use nowadays).

The great thing about MailChimp is that I can create a professional and engaging email with lots of pictures to capture the attention of the readers. It's hard to connect with customers via emails or over Facebook and Instagram platforms, as algorithms are constantly changing. The benefits of using MailChimp means we can track customer satisfaction and engagement, and use that information to craft better and more engaging newsletters.

MailChimp review by Rosa G.
Rosa G.

"Fantastico para administrar tus campañas a clientes"

What do you like best?

Realmente fácil de usar. Ideal para las empresas que no tienen experiencia en la codificación de correo electrónico y que todavía pueden desarrollar grandes mensajes de correo electrónico, todo el camino hasta las empresas con equipos completos dedicados a la comercialización del correo electrónico.

Ademas de poder usarlo en modo web y totalmente facil, y con opciones gratuitas, me gusta la forma en la que usa vocabulario divertido hace mas ameno el trabajo.

What do you dislike?

A veces la automatización es algo confusa de configurar, y tiene un soporte algo mas lento de lo deseable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tiene opciones de usuario gratuito y con buenos beneficios quete dan acceso. Es una gran herramienta de marketing. Muy recomendado para el marketing de boletines de noticias.

Envio de mails con noticias, y publicidad de la empresa con ofertas y más noticias a nuestros clientes,

administración de campañas de marketing en mi empresa de diseño gráfico

MailChimp review by Mallory R.
Mallory R.

"Easy to use, always growing"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Mailchimp is that they are always growing their offering. You can tell they are truly passionate about what they do, and they are always striving to do more for their customer. From what used to be a fairly basic email software has now developed into a marketing monster offering social media advertising, landing pages, and a continuously growing variety of services. Mailchimp does more than just getting the job done, and it's a company that I will stand proudly and support as they continue to grow.

What do you dislike?

While Mailchimp has a lot of information available to help guide you through, sometimes they are missing deeper explanation on the more complicated areas. I also find some of their coolest features can be glitchy which makes me hesitant to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp makes it easy to connect with your customers and build a database that is safe from the unstable world of social media. We've been able to build a unique audience through our email list, and segment our customers based on total spend, geography, demographics, and much more. Frankly in 2018, not using a platform like Mailchimp is hurting your business!

We've been able to use Mailchimp to reach thousands of customers at an extremely low cost. As an apparel brand, we are able to offer special promotions to loyal customers, segment our customers for more targeted messaging, and launch collections to subscribers before making it publicly available.

MailChimp review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Mailchimp is a great way to make good looking business emails"

What do you like best?

I like the customization that is possible with mailchimp without needing to go into the HTML. You can upload your own logos, header photos and the templates that Mailchimp provides are great to get started. You can then save your completed email to use next time. I also like the feature of being able to schedule the sending of your email and also splitting up your email to reduce the load on your server if you have a large email list.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the footer can be annoying with all the legal requirements.It can also be a little cumbersome to import large lists, having to set all the column names every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your email lists as simple as possible for easy import. The more columns you have in your data, the more time you will have to spend explaining what each column is to Mailchimp for the mail marge fields.

Save your emails as templates once you have made one that you like. Having the barebones set with your logo, footer information is a great time saver so you can focus on the content that you want to write next time.

Note that when you actually send out an email, it will show the sender as whatever you select in the options. However, the actual email will be a mailchimp noreply email unless you set a reply-to email.

It allows me to send professional looking emails out without the hassle of working with HTML. IT also provides basic analytics such as readership, percentage opened.

MailChimp review by Javier S.
Javier S.

"Programa online fácil, útil e intuitivo"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me atrae del programa es la facilidad de interactuar con este, y la capacidad de crear campañas de mailing con multitud de contactos. De esta forma, se pueden intercambiar mensajes con los clientes de una forma casual o continua, eligiendo el periodo de tiempo que se necesite para cada situación en concreto.

What do you dislike?

El número de plantillas es limitado, así como el coste: la mayoría de las mismas es de pago; las plantillas gratuitas son escasas. Bajo mi punto de vista, se debería ofrecer una mayor variedad de plantillas gratuitas, con la finalidad de poder utilizar estas con mayor libertad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfecto para mantener una lista de clientes fidelizados a la marca y/o empresa. Útil para establecer una relación cercana y familiar con los consumidores, además de poder crear de forma fácil y rápida excelentes diseños con los que sorprender a las personas que reciben los -emails cada día, semana, mes, año... o el tiempo que elijas para desarrollar dicha función. Recomiendo este programa, a pesar de que algunas de sus plantillas tienen un coste excesivo; de forma que, bajo mi punto de vista, deberían ofertar una mayor variedad de plantillas de forma gratuita, para así poder utilizar aún más esta excelente herramienta.

El programa me ha permitido dar a conocer campañas con el fin de promocionar la empresa. Además, permite dirigirse a un público masivo sin necesidad de invertir gran cantidad de recuersos.

MailChimp review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive and easy to use. It's easy to create and edit text, images, or create buttons. I like that content blocks can be dragged and drop into their place without having to review and code.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to switch between emails when creating an automation sequence. It's probably a bug, but once you've created and email sequence and you move around the email order, the subject line moves to it's new location, but the "preview text" description stays with the original email, which can be bothersome to always remember to change it. Also, regarding automation sequences, I believe they can only be trigged when someone new joins the list via import, not manually added

Mailchimp has helped us to educate our app trial users about new product features. We realized that app trial usage was low and we figured it was because users were unsure of how to navigate next in our app. So, we created an "app trial users onboarding sequence" to remedy this.

MailChimp review by Khala H.
Khala H.

"Easy and Efficient "

What do you like best?

Anyone can use this platform to help grow their business. I started using this platform with just a small following and now that my following has grown, I am still able to use it and even grow my business larger. Mailchimp is not hard to use at all. I am able to use it on my personal brand and business, as well as use it for my network. It allows me to customize and send messages to my entire platform or just certain groups in large quantities, which saves me a lot of time and energy.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I wish this platform had. For example, I wish that messages could get sent out a little quicker. It moves pretty quickly and easily now, but I have noticed that it takes at least an hour or two to get to everyone. Also, to improve the system, more customization and scheduling could be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use mailchimp no matter what level you are on in your business. Mailchip allows you to grow at your own pace.

I am able to talk to my entire audience using this platform. I have realized that using this platform allows me to get messages out to a big audience very quickly.

MailChimp review by Natalia D.
Natalia D.

"Good application for SME companies"

What do you like best?

The opportunity of the small companies like ours to send newsletters and customized emails for our customers and suscribers. To program our newsletters, but what we most like is the abbility to congrat our suscribers with their birthdays.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact to add by myself the email of a new suscriber when it arrives to my email. I would like an automatic adder (if that already exists, It's a shame I'm using it in a old way). Also some of my photos gets moved, but I suppose it's my fault of chosing the different format for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to connect with your suscribers. Don't hesitate to add it in your company!!

We can share information and arrive it to our customers and suscribers, so they can buy again or just have us in they minds. If there will be a use in our field, they may think about us, and that's our main goal.

MailChimp review by Clara C.
Clara C.

"Simply the best platform"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is very intuitive and easy to use. It allows you to create all kind of emails, either using a template or using your own HTML.

I also love the design of the platform. It's simple yet very intuitive.

It's the best option to start sending emails because you can send emails to up to 2000 subscribers for free. So it allows you to try sending emails and see if it'll be good for your business. And if you find it useful you can always create a premium account which will give you more options.

What do you dislike?

The premium account is a bit expensive so maybe it's not the best option if you have to send a high-volume of emails but don't want to spend money on it.

Also, it'd be cool if Mailchimp was available in more languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an advertising agency, Mailchimp is the best platform we've found so far. It's quite easy to use and it gives you a lot of options. It's great that it shows you reports of the results so you always know which campaigns work better and interesting details such as clicks, opens or reboot rate.

It allows us to create nice emails for our clients and have reports of the results. It's a very effective tool and we've never had problems with it. In their website there are many tutorials that help you solve some problems or doubts you might have while using it.

MailChimp review by Ashish M.
Ashish M.

"Best Email Marketing Product"

What do you like best?

I like MailChimp because it is very to use and you can use the pre-built-in template to create marketing emails. You can find a number of tutorials on youtube to learn using this product. It can also be used for creating a Contact base, it has API Feature through which you can integrate it with your forms and it will save the filled in user details.

What do you dislike?

Costly, it is a little bit costly in comparison to sendgrid or smtp2go products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for creating a contact base, as it provides a different plugin for WordPress to integrate with contact us form.

I have used this product to create a contact base from My contact form page on my website. I have used this with contact form 7 plugin in wordpress website. I was able to retain customer details very effectively, later we triggered marketing emails to our customer with ease as details were already saved in Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by Stephen U.
Stephen U.

"Simple, Intuitive and Feature Rich Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is simply one of the best email marketing tools that I have used. They offer a ton of integrations with services that you already use and they make it easy to design and collaborate with your team.

Mailchimp is constantly growing and evolving to stay ahead of the pack when it comes to email marketing. They have a loyal fan based and they are constantly developing new features to ensure that they provide their users with the best platform possible.

They make it easy for everyone, whether you are non-techy and just want a drag and drop editor or if you have a coding background and want to get into the nitty-gritty and completely customize the code of your email you can do that too.

What do you dislike?

Ensure that Mailchimp allows your services, I know a lot of people that do affiliate marketing and they have had their accounts shut down because they were going against the Mailchimp terms of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp handles all of my email newsletter to keep my customers and clients informed on a regular basis. I also use it to automate the delivery of recent blog posts directly into my readers inbox.

MailChimp review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"Small learning curve, but no better service is out there"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp's free offerings are simply superb. I am consistently amazed at how much they seem to give away. From analytics, multiple campaigns, and customer imports, the robust offerings of their free tier are great and keep me coming back. Their email designer is not half bad, either.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to send emails outside of campaigns. I understand it is usually used as a marketing tool, but it would be nice if it were easier for me to send emails to individual people using their HTML format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is free to try out - unless your company has their own solution, the integrations Mailchimp offers is more than enough of a reason for you to test out.

I've used it as a great tool for marketing. We offer discounts on our product (college tours) through mailchimp occasionally. We also use it to reach out to our employees when sending a mass email makes the most sense.

MailChimp review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Easy to use, makes emails very professional"

What do you like best?

- The basics are easy to use even for people who don't have a lot of experience with sending mass emails or different workflow styles.

- I like that I can save templates and use them again and again.

- Their customer support was super helpful when I was just getting started and had a few issues. They communicated clearly and efficiently and I like the use of screen shots to make their instructions easier to follow.

What do you dislike?

- Some of the connections with other services (such as using a pop up on a website to collect lead emails) can get a bit complicated.

- It's a bit complicated to stop workflows/etc. if you want to finish them before their sequence - I would prefer to have more control over these types of things.

- What I would like to see if being able to send out generic emails to a list on a specific date (not for birthdays, etc. but moreso like a release date of a product).

- While the templates are great to use, I would like a it more control over them in terms of arranging blocks of texts/images/etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is great for users who are managing a business that has over a few dozen clients. It makes sending mass emails easy and is a good way to organize lists.

- Using workflow to send series of emails starting with a lead magnet, followed by free information and then a sale/call to action. It was helpful in understanding a new business model and the system made it easy to integrate.

- I also use mass emails to update subscribers on blog posts, new items for sale on our website, etc.

MailChimp review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"I love this email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple and easy to use. The campaigns are very easy to create and have a system that indicates the level of engagement that makes the work much easier. It has a very high reputation and in most cases the messages arrive in the received tray and not in spam.

What do you dislike?

The price is high and you do not have the option to change the language. If you are from another country you will have that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is very stable and is part of the main companies that provide massive email services worldwide, so their servers are certified and free of spam. The price is high but it is worth paying for how well they provide their services. I highly recommend it.

This tool is fantastic and helps us in our company to create email campaigns to promote our products and social networks.

MailChimp review by Donna H.
Donna H.

"We couldn't live without it!"

What do you like best?

Having tried lots of different e-mail marketing software over the years, I can confidently say that Mailchimp is one of the best on the market. You don't have to be a graphic designer to be able to create professional e-shots - it's easy to work with the templates available and just as easy to create your own designs.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find anything to dislike about Mailchimp. The only small thing would be the auto save feature. Sometimes you do want to revert back to a previous version, but the 20 second auto save function means that's not possible, This can be slightly frustrating and time consuming,,

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need to spend a little bit of time getting to grips with the basics, but once you do, there will be no looking back - Mailchimp will enable you to create a whole host of email marketing activities quickly and cost effectively.

We've solved the problem of having a pay a graphic designer to produce e-shots for us. This has saved us time and money and given us more flexibility on when we can issue e-shots.

MailChimp review by Rob J.
Rob J.

"Good product, good service. Easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like MailChimp because it's very easy to use. I have used it for some time and I find it to be straightforward and easy to understand what you need to do to make a solid email campaign. There are several features I do not or have not used because I either do not have a need or haven't taken the time to learn it. I can also see MailChimp's scalability for future use is vast...almost no limit to what it can do in terms of quantity of emails it can deliver at any one time.

What do you dislike?

There are several components to MailChimp that are probably useful, but that I haven't taken the time to learn and use. The only thing I find I dislike is it feels a little clunky on the backside when editing the email campaign. It takes several clicks to execute a new email and get it sent out. If more could be done on the same "page" where you edit, it would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering MailChimp because you have a database list, rest assured, it's easy to upload a spreadsheet to their platform. We have uploaded several spreadsheets with differing column titles and you can tell MailChimp what each column represents...making the import quite easy.

If you have the ability to code using HTML, you'll love MailChimp because they have an option to write your own code to customize your campaigns.

Marketing, Advertising, and Communicating to clients and prospects.

MailChimp review by Davis P.
Davis P.

"Good but pricey "

What do you like best?

I like mailchimp because it makes it very easy to create an email marketing campaign. It is very user friendly and there is not a hard learning curve. Mailchimp provides detailed reports on each campaign so you can see how effective they are and adjust accordingly. The templates are also nice to use, or you can create your own.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lack of features mailchimp offers when you are trying to customize your own campaign. Mailchimp has a limited amount of fonts which is frustrating. Also, when you are trying to upload an image such as a logo, you have to upload the size just right or it wont fit right. Mailchimp also will not allow you to use multiple lists for one campaign. They also count the same email on different lists as multiple people. This means that if you have that email on multiple list then you could be paying a higher price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp can get expensive if you have a large amount of emails. The free version works really well and the features are decent. If you have a large list of emails and require a lot of marketing campaigns, then mailchimp might not be right for you.

We use mailchimp for email marketing campaigns. We can easily reach multiple people and have a good way to gather data on how effective our marketing campaigns are.

MailChimp review by Willem B.
Willem B.

"Mailchimp Is Great For Basic and More Intense Email Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is extremely simple to use and the set up takes almost no time at all. Besides the fact that you can send out extremely basic email campaigns, Mailchimp has a ton of features to help more intensive email campaigns as well. They're reporting is also extremely easy to understand and clean. They provide the necessary details of an email campaign without getting dragged down in all of the unnecessary minutia.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Mailchimp. When sending out to multiple lists, their list selection is a little sketchy because it's a dropdown menu that you have to scroll through and click on individual ones. I think it would be easier to make it a checklist because it's to miss a list or accidentally click on a list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

mailchimp has a free to use platform if you have under 2000 subscribers so I think it's silly to not at least give it a try. If you don't like the functionality (which would surprise me) then you can just cancel your free trial and move on.

We use Mailchimp to supplement our marketing campaigns with an email marketing strategy. Mailchimp makes it easy for clients to see how their emails are performing and we can add them to the test lists so the Clients can see their email in a live environment before we send them out . We've realized a lot about email marketing strategy by using mailchimp. We've restructured our list management and email design strategy because of results that have come from Mailchimp campaigns.

MailChimp review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

I love MailChimp and think it's one of the better platforms out there for setting up drip campaigns from Facebook ads. It has added so much more flexibility and helped us add to our success of running full funnel campaigns for our clients.

What do you dislike?

The creative tools for setting up the email campaigns could be a little more dynamic and easier to use. I've had issues with creating an email campaign and the spacing of the paragraphs are off and sometimes don't appear right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you setup your integrations properly or your campaign won't function properly. We initially had issues trying to connect MailChimp with Zapier and Facebook, but realized the issue was more of an issue with those other brands connecting, not MailChimp.

We're helping our clients to better reach out to potential customers and adding another way for them to reach new clients and get them familiar with the clients brand. We've realized by adding this tool into our arsenal, we've been able to drive better results for our clients, whether that be sales or simply building out new customer lists.

MailChimp review by Faith E.
Faith E.

"I love this product and highly recommend it for bloggers"

What do you like best?

I love that MailChimp offers so many additions to build my brand and showcase my blog and website. From landing pages to popup email lists, the possibilities are endless and customization is easy, all for free!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not found anything I dislike about MailChimp yet, and I have been using it for over a year now. I guess if I had to say one thing, in the free version you cannot customize your links. For example, the link to my landing page is predetermined and I cannot change it unless I upgrade. For me, that's not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest any website or blogger sign up for MailChimp. It offers a lot of quality services to increase your traffic and engagement and help promote your brand.

MailChimp gives me a beautiful way to create email signup sheets, landing pages, and send out Email newsletters and more. I have gotten more engagement and more subscribers from creating a popup form on my website, a sign up option on my Facebook, and a link to a landing page in my Instagram.

MailChimp review by Graceanne A.
Graceanne A.

"Easy to Understand Email Marketing Platform "

What do you like best?

Emails are easy to design. You have the option to use the drag and drop feature or you can also put in your own html code.

What do you dislike?

Their Automation feauture could be done better. There isn’t a way to see the full layout of your automation, and to my knowledge, the workflow can’t be sent as a test to make sure it runs the way it should. Their Automation works, but could be done a little better.

I send emails for multiple clients and MailChimp makes it very easy for me to switch in between accounts. Because accounts have multi user access, it is very easy for me to communicate with clients about their campaigns. When I send tests of their emails, I can send it to everyone who needs to approve it, and they can add comments by responding to the test email.

MailChimp review by Carolina C.
Carolina C.

"Best cost benefit for small businesses"

What do you like best?

It is a very intuitive and complete tool. The forever free plan offers the basics for everyone who is only starting to build their mailing lists and doesn't have an extensive number of contacts yet. The templates are awesome, but even if you want to build an email from scratch it allows you to do it very easily with their design interface. You don't have to be an expert on e-mail marketing or design to get it right.

What do you dislike?

Some things are not that easy to find. I don't really like that they put e-mails, landing pages and social media advertising in the same "campaigns" category, because I don't see a landing page as a whole campaign, only a part of it. To me, a campaign should be the group of e-mails, landing pages etc., and there should be separated pages for landing pages and e-mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate features, pricing and services before signing up with them. Businesses are different and have different needs, so you have to do a cross reference of what is it that you need and prioritize the most important features that you cannot do without.

I am trying to get quality feedback from my current and past clients and nurture the contacts that have yet to become clients.

MailChimp review by Brooke W.
Brooke W.

"Easy to Design for non-designers and designers alike"

What do you like best?

I like that it's user-friendly and you can see an instant view of what it will look like when on desktop or mobile. Easy to see exactly what the final product will look like and that it has drag and drop boxes that you can place wherever you want for content. I also really enjoy the report that comes back. Knowing exactly who and how many people click on links is very informative in writing future content. I wish I knew more about writing the titles of emails and the click-through rate, however. I haven't explored that function fully.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that several of the templates are not changeable with the graphics that are provided. I'd rather add my own graphics (for example headers, backgrounds) but to do that you almost have to build from scratch. Only some are changeable. Also the footer at the bottom if you don't pay for pro just adds to the length of the email.

We use our mailchimp account for sending out emails internally to our staff in the form of a monthly newsletter, but we have also used it for contests and for clients to keep up to date with our services. I think it makes a lot of sense to use this program for a variety of different needs.

MailChimp review by Meagan M.
Meagan M.

"MailChimp Makes Mass Emails Easier! "

What do you like best?

I love that MailChimp allows you to create email marketing that is visually appealing and unique to my own company brand. My mailers don't look like everyone elses because of the ability to create my own templates and branding. I love that there is a healthy amount of analytics in our mailings and I can track what works and what doesn't. I am able to easily remove people from my email list and see who has unsubscribed, which emails have bounced, etc.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find anything that I dislike about MailChimp. In the beginning it was a little harder to figure out exactly how to design templates the way I wanted them, but was able to figure that out after playing around with the program and spending some time getting to know it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the program before you're ready to send out your first mass email.

We are able to reach our entire database of clients with one mail merge in to MailChimp. It has save us a lot of time and effort over traditional mass email. I love the analytics and how easy it is to see who has opened, clicked links, etc. that you can not see within a traditional email.

MailChimp review by Pedro T.
Pedro T.

"MailChimp for Religious Organizations"

What do you like best?

A way to stay connected with members and visitors. Easy distribution to different groups or to the whole list. It's free if you are sending to a small group of people. Also, I can post to social media for those who don't do email as much as before. The integration with other platforms makes it easier to sync information among the platform like text messaging services and event planning platform such as Eventbrite. Templates allow you to do a recurring email quicker by just substituting the information instead of creating a new campaign every time you want to send a message out.

What do you dislike?

Too many styles that are confusing if you're not very familiar with the platform. There's no preview of what a block looks like when used and you actually write in them. The error messages sometimes are hard to figure out what the problem truly is and why it won't let you proceed with publishing and sending the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must take a couple of tries at it before going live. You can share previews with people you want to and you can get feedback from those people as to how the newsletter looks.

Adding visuals to the message makes it clearer as to what you are trying to convey. The emails allow us to stay connected in an appealing way. Staying informed of upcoming events, news and ongoing programs. Anybody who signs up to receive text messages from us automatically is added to our newsletter and vice-versa.

MailChimp review by Santiago M.
Santiago M.

"The standard for emailing campaigns"

What do you like best?

Mass sending and tracking has never been so easy! Simple signup form creation and campaign management. The Forever Free plan is a good place to start if you are still hesitating on which platform to choose.

What do you dislike?

Automation is not as powerful as it could. There are some templates that you must chose from and there is no possibilities of builing your own. Can´t customize elements or fiels just by clicking on them, gotta bring them to a whole separate "Designt it" tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though the social selling and sales enablement fields are booming, mass emailing is not vintage yet. Find new ways of facing emailing and profit from it!

Being a business developer in a glutted market makes propescintg one of my main tasks. Being able to mass send and somehwat track interaction allows me to better qualify and thus make a better use of my time.

MailChimp review by Kaylee A.
Kaylee A.

"User Friendly and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I think mailChimp is one of the easiest email automation softwares on the market. By easy, I mean user friendly and fairly simple to understand in a very short time. Reports on campaign engagement and changes in our audience are incredibly insightful and allows us to make changes for future campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I feel like MailChimp could do more than just email automation. With products like HubSpot, you have kind of an all-encompassing program so I think it would be beneficial for mailChimp to maybe expand its services.

As soon as we get a client inquiry, we put their email immediately in the Client list we created. This keeps potential new clients engaged and introduces them to our business. You don’t have to think hard about anything because mailChimp makes it so simple to send emails to certain lists, make great formats, and show previews before you send.

MailChimp review by Jennifer I.
Jennifer I.

"User-friendly email management for non-techies"

What do you like best?

MailChimp does a great job of walking you through creation of an email campaign in a fairly foolproof step-by-step manner. The page layout is simple and clear - the options are clearly visible and intuitive - I have confidently sent others (non-technical people) in my organization to "try it out" and have found that they are able to move forward without a need for sit-down training in how to create lists and campaigns.

Basics are - pick your campaign type (html or plain text), choose your subscriber list to send to (list creation is simple and segmentation is easy). Then build your campaign using their templates or create your own - there are a wide variety of templates to choose from. Formatting and graphics upload are easy and similar to other frequently-used applications so it is pretty intuitive, and their drag-and-drop feature is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find organization of past campaigns a bit clunky. If I haven't proactively created folders and sorted the campaigns, then I have to scroll back chronologically through months or years of campaigns to find a specific past campaign - and when I navigate away from the list page (to see if a particular campaign is the one I'm looking for), I have to start again from the beginning when I navigate back.

Mailchimp also doesn't have a way to count duplicate subscribers as one subscriber (e.g., same email address imported to two or more different lists - each instance is counted as an individual subscriber). So you can potentially bounce yourself to a higher-cost plan if you have a large number of duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a great option for start-ups and smaller organizations, based on their free plan (up to 2000 subscribers/12000 emails per month). And regardless of org size - plans are competitively priced. This is a great option to streamline and create consistency in campaigns, particularly when multiple users are sending out communications.

We use Mailchimp to communicate with our full list of subscribers (approx, 16,000) as well as segmented groups for regional events, etc. A majority of what our non-profit association does is built around regional networks as well as regional and national events. We send multiple campaigns each week, created by several different users within the organization - this has been an easy-to-use tool that helps us create consistency in our communications without requiring a lot of front-end training for users.

MailChimp review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Easy newsletter marketing"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is easy and has a lot of features to make your communications look very professional. They make it very easy and straightforward to produce a really great looking newsletter without knowing much about it. I am computer savvy but was able to explain how to use it to a few folks who aren't so great with computers and they were able to pick it up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing structure for paid versions - it doesn't make sense to me. I am using the free version currently, as I don't have that large a mail list. There are also additional features that only the paid version can access, though I definitely understand that. Also, if you make a mistake and need to send out an updated communication, you must wait 24 hours. I had a situation where I made a mistake in a newsletter. I couldn't even schedule the correction until the following day because of this restriction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GDPR compliant. Lots of FAQ's in the support area though to get live support you have to be signed up for one of the paid accounts. Also, if you don't have a paid account, you cannot send more than 1 email per 24 hours. I had to send out a correction once, and had to wait a full day to do it as I couldn't even schedule it for the following day.

MailChimp helps me send out amazing professional looking newsletters and deals to my clients, which helps me increase my bookings, and therefore increase my income! You can change format, colors, design, font, add videos, links, buttons, it is completely customizable and easy.

MailChimp review by John K.
John K.

"Not A Bad Freebie"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is a great choice if your contact list is small (2000 subscribers) and/or you don't want to pay for a full-service subscription. Offering their service for free is a great way to feel out the platform and see if it is the correct fit for your business needs. Even the free version offers analytics that are worth their weight in gold if used correctly.

What do you dislike?

The price is fairly steep once you need to send email contacts to more than 2000 subscribers. However, the ROI can offset this if the user's email campaign is set up and executed correctly. This is a proven method to reach customers but if your operation is on a limited budget the monthly price can put you in a pinch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned, if you have a client base that is less than 2000, MailChimp is a great alternative to paying for a high priced version and/or using standard email. You can upload your contacts to the site and tailor each of them to fit into a particular market segment, allowing you to target your customers more directly.

We are able to directly reach out to our customers using MailChimp, offering them updates, services, surveys, etc. MailChimp provides an easy platform to communicate to existing customers and keeping constant contact with them.

MailChimp review by Kari M.
Kari M.

"MailChimp Makes HTML Emails Easy"

What do you like best?

Hand-coding html emails, and making them pretty, is a BEAR! Especially when just about every email client displays HTML coded emails differently. MailChimp makes it absurdly easy to design beautiful email templates that display almost identically across all email clients.

What do you dislike?

There is an upcharge to do what is called a "litmus test" which shows you a preview of what your email will look like across common email clients... this is pretty standard though and honestly not as expensive as if you were to try to find an outside litmus test program. THere also is an upcharge for setting up automated emails, but once again, well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely keep your lists organized!!!

MailChimp gives you full reports on analytics stats on opens, link clicks, best engagement time and more. It's helped us figure out when the best day and time to send out our emails in order to get the most engagement. We also are able to send preview emails to internal users as well as clients and get feedback directly in the email editor.

MailChimp review by Anna-Elyse S.
Anna-Elyse S.

"Great for small to large businesses with varying levels of skill. "

What do you like best?

Really easy to use. Great for businesses that have no email coding experience and they can still develop great emails, all the way up to businesses with full teams devoted to email marketing.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to upload my own business fonts. Would like to be able to manage list uploads and exports and segmenting without having the highest authority level as we are often asked to troubleshoot and check on set-up and segmentations which clients often get concerned giving us access to the other features of the Manager role.

Mailchimp is very sensitive to deliverability, which is part of what makes it great, but also part of what makes it a difficult tool for new brands to use to grow their list at a cost-effective rate. Our company gets top-of-the-funnel leads for clients, whereas Mailchimp really wants middle-of-the-funnel or more qualified leads. Their customer support doesn't really care about your past relationship with them. The moment a Mailchimp user gets a high unsubscribe rate or spam-reporting Mailchimp immediately demands the brand to delete ALL of the emails regardless of their engagement. I worked with a brand that had to delete all 20,000 of their subscribers because they had 1 person file a direct complaint against the brand, which cost the company so much they ended up switching ESPs when Mailchimp refused the budge.

I hate that you can't send one email campaign to multiple lists. And Mailchimp does not have a simple way to segment current subscribers from multiple lists into one Master List other than exporting all the contacts and adding the original list name as a Merge Tag (like the partnership that drove those emails or marketing campaign that sparked their sign-up). It makes more sense to segment, but often we get clients after they've started with the Multi-List strategy and it is more a headache than it is worth to restructure the CSVs to create one Master List.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is best for small-mid size businesses getting started on growing their business. It is relatively easy to figure out, and provides very understandable analytics. I think of it as a great internship to the world of Email Marketing, where brands can test what works best for them and then as they scale and grow to develop a larger email marketing budget they can invest in a more advanced platform.

Our clients use our services for list growth, and then Mailchimp to nurture those new leads into conversions.

It is great that Mailchimp can scale to the skills and needs of the clients from little email marketing expertise to entire teams devoted to coding and content writing.

MailChimp review by Dany H.
Dany H.

"We love MailChimp above all others"

What do you like best?

MailChimp has a great UI, probably my favorite of all the ones we've used. They have a great variety of themes and templates to accommodate any need you might have. Obviously you can bring your own HTML code to the party should you choose. It's easy to replicate a previous campaign to freshen up the content and be ready to send in no time. MailChimp gives you sufficient space to upload frequently used images and even some not so frequently used. MailChimp also integrates with our database better than some other solutions, it's probably the main reason we switch over.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike from my perspective. There is one little issue with the built-in image editor as it sometime absolutely messes up your image. Now if I have to do any editing of an image I make sure it's taken care of before I upload it.

Email marketing made simple and easy. They provide really great support as well and very fair prices. Integrated with our database MailChimp can automate emails for birthdays, anniversaries as well as any other number of parameters.

MailChimp review by Luz Elena M.
Luz Elena M.

"Una Herramienta Útil Para Compartir tus Contenidos"

What do you like best?

MailChimp provee un servicio muy eficiente y útil.

Sin duda lo mejor es tener la posibilidad de crear campañas via e-mail desde cero, teniendo la oportunidad de diseñarla a corde a las caracteristicas que se deseeny posteriormente poder compartir el trabajo con clientes y seguidores, ademas poder monitorear la campaña es una opción muy destacada de esta plataforma.

What do you dislike?

Aunque es amigable con los nuevos amigos, si tienes una agenda de contactos amplia, tendrás que pagar si deseas realizar campañas que superen los 2000 integrantes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si estas buscando una herramienta que te ayude a gestionar tus contactos via e-mail y poder monitorear y compartir información variada de forma masiva, MailChimp es lo que buscas. Una plataforma que te brinda un servicio de gestión vía correo electrónico, puedes crear campañas desde cero y compartir con la cantidad de personas que desees. Mailchimp es un sitio lleno de propuestas que te motiva a compartir tus contenidos de la forma mas creativa posible.

Es una herramienta que facilita el contacto directo con clientes, proveedores y amigos, con unos pocos click podrás enviar una información consistente a tus contactos sin invertir mucho tiempo o dinero. Es muy fácil hacer promoción a tus propuestas mediante MailChimp, ya que es una plataforma intuitiva que te ayuda en el proceso de realización de la campaña paso a paso, para mi es un plus poder monitorear la campaña y todo esto sin necesidad de pagar, aunque si deseas más amplitud para tu agenda, lo mejor es comprar uno de los planes que MailChimp te ofrece.

MailChimp review by Christine Stella P.
Christine Stella P.

"So close to perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the data crunching capabilities of MailChimp - when used properly are definitely capable of pinpointing so much about how our community is interfacing with our work as described in news letters and advertisements.

What do you dislike?

There is something about the drafting process that feels wonky - its clear that though we pay for the service there are a few specifications that I have mastered yet which will clearly work for who we are as an entity and the way we use the product. There are times we use our emails to communicate with classes of our participants and they do not receive the communications we send. While we use MailChimp for marketing it is serving that purpose fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely be aware that they have no phone based customer service and that can be a frustrating component of the set up and ease of use with this product.

We solve some exposure issues and communicate clearly about our work using different lists for different audiences and provide organization updates.

MailChimp review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"Easy to use great for the business of getting down to business"

What do you like best?

I love how they walk you through the campaign email process step by step. I am often amazed by the adds I receive in email from other consultants and have wondered how and where they come up with such amazing graphics and verbiage. I think I might have found a way to engage my audience just a little bit more, and enough to get that target market to be more engaged in their meal time mission.

What do you dislike?

While it walks you through it is not necessarily user intuitive. It was a little confusing as to where and how to insert pictures and upload files. Once I figured it out it was much simpler to complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and priced just right for newbies ie FREE for the basics and that's all I need for my little business right now.

I am taking care of my marketing needs. I am not a marketing major/degree holder so any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I am a strong believer in not refashioning the wheel and to work off of another's foundation which is what MailChimp make possible with their great templates.

MailChimp review by Renee B.
Renee B.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It is a super simple, intuitive platform with lots of great template options. It also integrates nicely with other platforms I use such as SurveyMonkey and Eventbrite. I like that it is easy to update the contact lists by updating spreadsheets and then Mailchimp makes the changes for you. Also, the "Segment" option has been very helpful when I need to send emails only to a specific group within the larger contact list. The analytics are great, it tells you who opened it, where they clicked, what your average rates are, and a whole lot more.

What do you dislike?

If you don't pay for it, you're screwed if you need to contact support. They only offer customer support to paid subscriptions. Also, their algorithm doesn't recognize military email addresses (.mil) as real email addresses, so it won't send to them, which has been a problem for us. As far as design, the platform can be a bit unstable, so it doesn't always do what you want it to do.

We can reach a huge group of people without having to keep track of who has unsubscribed, who has bounced, who wants to sign up, etc. Mailchimp does that all for you!

MailChimp review by Lily T.
Lily T.

"Easy to use, somewhat limited in design."

What do you like best?

Although I don't have much experience with other mail marketing programs, I have found MailChimp extremely easy to use. The analytic information has allowed me to vastly improve my marketing strategies, and I have seen a tangible increase in sales since using it. The free version also comes with a significant amount of features on its own, and by the time I need to upgrade to a paid version I think I will make plenty enough to justify the subscription.

What do you dislike?

As far as the template building program goes, I prefer a bit more flexibility and customizability.

Mailchimp allows me to see not only how many people are opening my emails, but also how many are following through on the links in the email and how many are making purchases based off the information in the email. With AB testing, I am also able to neatly refine my marketing strategies and maximize efficiency.

MailChimp review by Rajiv C.
Rajiv C.

"Good Tool for Basic Marketing Needs"

What do you like best?

Great resource library of templates and samples to use off the shelf.

What do you dislike?

The list management process is quite cumbersome since it is designed to have the master list maintained within MailChimp, and all segmentation needs to be done thru this master list. This makes things very difficult since we use Salesforce as our main database, and some of our products are not synced up to Salesforce which means we have to manually sync it up to Salesforce and then dump that info into Mailchimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool if you are just getting started with marketing automation and email marketing. It has basic building blocks to also launch landing pages and ads which is a nice to have. However if you're looking for a more robust solution with complex automation pieces, and list segmentation, i'd look elsewhere.

Helps with most of our email marketing requirements - we are able to build and launch marketing campaigns that enable us to drive leads for our business through landing pages.

MailChimp review by Carmen Elena G.
Carmen Elena G.

"My Experience with Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

Mi experiencia con Mailchimp ha sido excelente.

Hemos encontrado en esta herramienta la solución a muchas horas de tiempo invertido en la creación de campañas que son distribuidas a través de correo electrónico, ahora podemos diseñarlas a través de Mailchimp con diseños coloridos e intuitivos que podemos implementar para hacer crecer nuestra Corporación, llevando a nuestros clientes la información que están esperando directo a su bandeja de entrada.

Mailchimp es la herramienta que necesitas en tu trabajo con urgencia.

What do you dislike?

Despues de cierta cantidad de suscriptores, tendrás que ponerte al corriente con Mailchimp y decidir que plan quieres utilizar para continuar disfrutando del servicio que te ofrece. Por ejemplo si llegas a 100 mil suscriptores, tendrias que pagar al rededor de 75$.

Recommendations to others considering the product

En la Corporación Caminos Verdes, recomendamos ampliamente la implementación de Mailchimp como herramienta CRM, pues los resultados que hemos obtenido han sido excelentes.

Antes de decidir utilizar Mailchimp, realice mi estudio de mercado para decidir que Software utilizar y definitivamente Mailchimp es la mejor plataforma para manejar el contacto con los clientes y compañeros de trabajo.

El flujo de información se mantiene siempre ordenado y obtenemos feedback de nuestros principales asociados con lo cual podemos dar respuesta a sus necesidades en tiempo real.

Además, las campañas publicitarias iniciadas a través de Mailchimp han arrojado resultados excelentes para la Corporación Caminos Verdes, presente en el mercado del Marketing en Venezuela desde 1993.

MailChimp review by Rob A.
Rob A.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to track analytics through Mailchimp. Since using Mailchimp, we have increased our reach using email communication to our audience, and been able to measure the most effective ways to reach out demographic. Moreover, the ability to test emails at different times of day to see what will perform better has been a great asset! Additionally, the ability for folks to unsubscribe directly in the email is invaluable, especially when emailing 6,000+ students.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating the software can be difficult. Formatting the email or the text can be a big challenge. There have been a few times where the font or style of the text has changed abruptly. Designing the emails takes the most of my time. I do like the ability to create a template, however. Since using this feature, these challenges have decreased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend the use of the product if you are emailing a large number of people. It helps track open rates, click rates, and can help identify the best time of day to send an email to maximize your reach. However, if you're sending emails to smaller groups (100 or less) this product might not give you the best bang for your buck.

My target audience is college students who regularly use email, and email is the most effective way to get out communication to the student body. Mailchimp has allowed us to better reach and communicate with our audience. The particularly through the analytics function, we have been able to measure the effectiveness of our emails. We experiment often with different newsletter or email marketing concepts to see what performs better, and use that information in the future when putting together new communications.

MailChimp review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"Makes email marketing super easy!"

What do you like best?

MailChimp allows us to quickly create eye-catching and successful email campaigns, and lets us measure the success of our campaigns with ease.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything we dislike about using MailChimp!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend this product for anyone who wants to implement email marketing campaigns but isn't sure how to set them up or ensure that they are effective. MailChimp makes it easy, and any time I have had issues with something I have easily found the answer to my questions in their help database. I haven't ever had to contact support because they make it so easy to solve problems on your own.

MailChimp seamlessly integrates with our email address collections software and subscription box platform, so importing new subscribers happens in the background without me ever having to do anything! We can then use automatically generated groups of email addresses to target specific markets within our audience for different email campaigns. It's so easy, and saves us tons of time.

MailChimp review by Mari M.
Mari M.

"Amazing marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can design my email templates however I want, and there are a variety of items to choose from for my content. I also appreciate the duplication feature, this allows me to keep consistency throughout my template with fonts, designs, etc. Similar to this, I am glad I can duplicate an entire template, which again, allows me to easily and quickly create a new template with consistency to our brand.

What do you dislike?

When editing a content box with text, the editing section (where you chose the font, color, etc) often gets in the way of easily viewing the text. It would be nice if I could directly edit the content, and not have an extra side box for it. I also have occasional issues with random black borders around my photos, which is a design element I do not want. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out, experimenting with all that you can do in the templates and with the program, to see if you like it. I have found it easy to use, and therefore will continue to use it. It allows me to do most everything I want.

The problem we have solved is how to get updates and information regularly to our clients. The benefits are, now that our clients can easily and regularly see updates, they are reaching out to us more about our products, and coming into the store more often than they might have before.

MailChimp review by Logan L.
Logan L.

"Easy Email Campaign Service"

What do you like best?

I like that the email campaigns can be setup and automated with ease. Adding my logo and having the ability to observe data on how my subscribers interact with the email is also very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it seemed to setup my campaigns at first. However, there are tutorials and a lot of helpful tips to use in order to become a "power user".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel MailChimp is a great addition to any business. Interacting with customers through email can really boost one's image and visibility, and MailChimp's automated campaigns are highly worth trying.

I needed to find a way to easily reach my audience which was affordable and did not use a lot of my time. Mailchimp is free for those with under 2000k subscribers, and it is definitely a time saver once the campaigns are setup and off and running.

MailChimp review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Helpful."

What do you like best?

MailChimp has quickly become one of my must-have programs in the time I have had my online business. I have found that I am just not good with words, I try to be funny or engaging, but it just comes out flat and I never seem to be satisfied with it the next day. This program takes care of all that for me and really comes up with what I had in mind but wasn't able produce on my own. I also really the personalization it allows for related to my customers and that I can see overall how I am doing over time with up to date reports. There is definitely more features with a paid service, but there is a lot that can be done for free as well, which I always appreciate.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit overwhelming for me when I first started, but you just have to read the features and information carefully. I also see a habit of some going to the spam folder so yo have to be careful with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I wasn't sure how much I needed it until I used it.

I have seen some sales growth since I started using MailChimp and a definite customer turnout that I usually hadn't seen when i did my email campaigns on my own. It also really helps pull customers in that might not visit my website otherwise.

MailChimp review by Elyse E.
Elyse E.

"Mailchimp - Perfect for my small business!"

What do you like best?

I like that i can do bulk mailing for free. I love seeing who received my communication, who actually clicked and opened it and whose mail bounced. The analytics are so helpful. I can create a template and use it to brand my messages. Lots of graphics and ready made templates to use or i can make my own.

What do you dislike?

Since you can’t use attachments, i sometimes have to go over the documentation to figure out how to add additional info. There is lots of guidance though, both from Mailchimp and online in general. One problrm i have yet to solve is how to better direct customers to respond to the person who is sending the message rather than to the person sending the email, as this is frequently a different person.

I can send mail to many more customers than a program like Gmail allows. I also love how i can customize and create beautiful communications that build my brand and that generate a larger response than an ordinary email.

MailChimp review by Yogesh G.
Yogesh G.

"The go-to, top of mind application for email marketing"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and quick to get off the ground. It is intuitive enough that even a complete newbie to email marketing can quickly get the hang of it by following the extensive education they provide and the Knowledge base available both from the company as well as from other users

What do you dislike?

While editing content, alignment slips once in a way, especially when I save drafts and move out to do other things. Occasionaly, emails get tagged as spam and promotions, even though they might have been delivered without any issues on earlier campaigns - there is no consistency and I am unable to repeat this error. That being said, it is at an acceptable level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started with it and make sure that you research a lot. Iterate, experiment and test - after all, you ARE marketers.

Easy to use, fast to get off the ground. Even the free version is sufficient for startups to begin their email campaigns and I highly reccomend it to my clients on a regular basis. While some do struggle to use advanced marketing automation, this is more of an indicator of the power of the platform and the point in the journey of their marketing teams.

MailChimp review by Shelby D.
Shelby D.

"Easy to Use Email tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this product. Many marketing automation tools get to caught up in design and specific templates. With Mail chimp, their templates are preset, but you can modify and change them around for your specific idea or company look. It is simple to add lists to your campaigns and edit them. You can use XML, HTML formats and mass upload your contacts into the area for your organized list. it does separate your lists based on campaigns if that is how you choose to set them up

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of creativity it gives you. So with some of the campaigns i create, i may need to get more creative than just changing a template and having a small selection of tools to help make is unique and creative. I have worked with the Mailchimp support team and they aren't very helpful when it comes to custom creating templates for your specific needs so you can just use it over and over. The other problem i had but it wasn't a mailchimp issue, is our firewall and mail filtering keeps catching the address as spam and doesn't always push it through. That makes me nervous because many of the clients i sent campaigns out to don't always get them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that you pay for what you get. The better monthly subscription you have with them, the better and more unique your campaigns have the potential to look.

the biggest problem i have with mail chimp is the email filtering issue. I wish that not all secure emailing systems and firewalls would recognize the address and spam. I would like to see them make a change on their end for emailing out of the mail chimp domain on the free version. When we upgraded to the paid version i did realize it helped a lot. If you plan on using the free version there are many limits to it. It is worth doing the upgrade.

MailChimp review by Caitlin C.
Caitlin C.