MailChimp

MailChimp

149 ratings
1358.210
Compare
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

MailChimp Reviews (135 reviews)

• I'm using MailChimp for a bootstrapped project. I chose mailchimp because it has the features I liked with flexible payment options. The big thing for me was the...Read More
    0 d5pusveyegt5nwno7ijxsmz0ey5xnano7chxsmzgvulzwetet 2bij22krlvzdb62qo5coosrpgs
    Mark H.
    Administrator in Computer Hardware
  • MailChimp is easy-to-use and intuitive. One thing that I love about MailChimp is the out-of-the-box email templates - very beautifully designed HTML templates that...Read More
    0 imoa6vo9s7nvhgrm3ddc6zsvssisxtim3wom6zaq5mcerlpj7eaje4senl 5bqovgspfd0pbkets
    Joy M.
G2 Crowd User: Christian K.

Do not switch to MailChimp from ANY other provider

What do you like best?

What do I like best? Hum .. the logo I guess. Not much else anyrmore.

What do you dislike?

Customer service does not know their own terms and conditions but seem to make stuff up on the fly. Even after I sent the T&Cs back to them they still answered with something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use MailChimp if you are with any other provider right now. -- Here's a quote from a rep: As per our terms of use, we require that any contacts imported into our database for sending, have gone through a complete and transparent opt-in process. This ensures that all subscribers have given written permission to send emails to them from our system(s). With that said, if you would like to continue use of our services, we would require a re-confirm process for those subscribers to guarantee that everyone on your list is opted in. Just in case, here is an article on the re-confirming process, and one on sharing your signup form which contains the full double opt-in process.

Essentially what they are telling you is to ASK YOU CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO OPT-OUT NOW!!!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

They did not solve any problem but created one for us and wasted a lot of our time.

G2 Crowd User: Davin P.
Validated Review

Not only powerful, but a pleasure to use

What do you like best?

Within the realm of specialized email tools, the Chimp is hard to beat. It had all of the functionality my previous 250-employee B2C business could have possibly wanted outside of a true automation tool. But more than that, the intuitiveness of the UI made Mailchimp so much more of a pleasure to use than any of the other software we were using on a regular basis. In fact, when we had to change email providers for external reason, we were all continually frustrated at the new tool's (Exact Target) clunkiness compared to Mailchimp. Many tools have the feature set that Mailchimp offers, but few are as easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The tool is not simple. It's robust, and anything robust inherently must have complexity. if you are looking for an extremely basic product then there may be better choices than Mailchimp where you would have to wade through some features and process that don't necessarily apply to your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable email tool that is packed with features and has an industry-leading UI, look no further. it's also the most widely-extensible email too I have found, which means that integration with your other business tools should be first-class.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

In this context we were sending two emails weekly. We needed intuitive interfaces to make the workflow smooth, and we needed a tool that could deliver impeccable reliability. Beyond that we needed management of multiple lists, A/B testing, and robust, flexible analytics. Mailchimp delivered all of that and more.

G2 Crowd User: Matthew G.
Updated On

Tailored towards building a content-driven mailing list for subscribers

What do you like best?

Great system if you have a content strategy to execute which needs to be delivered to a list of subscribers. The tools are good and are designed with this goal in mind. Deployment is quick and easy and getting subscriptions integrated was a snap. As well it lets everyone confirm subscriptions and make sure you follow unsubsidized laws etc without forgetting about it. Also finally, analytics are definitely on point!

The key to any good provider is making sure you end up in an inbox and not spammed. Mailchimp has that covered, too!

What do you dislike?

Honestly I needed a provider for more a one to one, transactional use case. Though I tried mail chimp it ended up being not exactly what I needed which is more of a simple and dev friendly implementation to send emails on the fly. It's great at what it was designed to do, don't get me wrong, you just really need to consider what you're using your emails for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to blast emails to a list, mail chimp is your thing. Transactional emails? The price point and api of mailjet may serve you better.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Email sending to many users in a list as well as transactional (welcome, thank you, password reset) etc.

G2 Crowd User: Boni S.

Simply Superp!

What do you like best?

Following are my favorite features (simply love them):

1) Automation - Allows me to create drip campaigns which can be sent on a set date or when user performs a specific activity on website. Drip campaigns are a fantastic way for generating hot leads and being in touch with the customers.

2) Optimizing the send time: Premium Version has this feature, where it suggests a good time to send an email to the list. This eliminates the guessing work and gives you the confidence that the email will be sent when most of the people are active.

3) Ease of segmenting the list - I generally re-send same emails to people who didn't open at the first time Or send the webinar invitation time to users who opened but didn't clicked.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp counts a single subscriber twice if he is a part of two different list. This unnecessarily increases the billing & Subscribers list.

We do webinars regularly and hence it happens that I maintain a list for different webinars. A person registers for more than one webinar and becomes a part of two mailchimp list.

Now, technically you are a single person, but since you are a part of two list, mailchimp counts it as two subscribers. This automatically increases the subscriber count resulting into higher billing. - which obviously I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its a fantastic product. It's little premium compared to others but if money is not a problem, you should definitely start using it.

Business Problems:

* We have a fantastic list of subscribers, mailchimp allows us to stay in touch with our customers/ blog subscribers via email.

* Additionally, we have automation/ drip campaigns, they are specifically designed to educate the customers/ users about our product over a certain period of time.

* Most of our automation campaigns are also designed to generate leads and hence mailchimp also helps us in generating leads.

G2 Crowd User: Kathy D.
Validated Review

MailChimp - What's Not To Like? They are Bananas!

What do you like best?

How can anyone not love what MailChimp has to offer? Free up until you have 2000 members on the list, so if you fizzle out on a project there are no messy contracts to try to wiggle out of. Their interface is fun, easy to use and works. Plus, the info is presented in a fun manner.

MailChimp also offers a wide range of well done templates or the opportunity to use your own mad code skills to fully customize your newsletters.

What do you dislike?

There is not much in the way of support, but I cannot really blame them...since it is FREE! Sometimes i struggled a bit with customizing the templates, but that is probably my own OCD rearing its annoying head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go for it! Unless you have a compelling reason to use another service I can recommend MailChimp without hesitation. There are quite a few others out there, but MailChimp has been around for a lounge time, so you can trust them. Their prices are fair when you DO get over 2000 subscribers. Plus, I think it is awesome they support small startups with the freebie service.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I needed a quality email newsletter service and MailChimp is that many times over. I needed to build my list and stay connected with my followers - Mail Chimp delivers on that in bunches. Sorry, bad banana pun.

I have received good feedback from customers - they liked knowing what was going on and enjoyed my ramblings and pondering.

Tags

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like help finding the right Email Marketing: Best of Breed product?