MailChimp

MailChimp

141 ratings
1278.210
Compare
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

MailChimp Reviews (127 reviews)

• I'm using MailChimp for a bootstrapped project. I chose mailchimp because it has the features I liked with flexible payment options. The big thing for me was the...Read More
    0 d5pusveyegt5nwno7ijxsmz0ey5xnano7chxsmzgvulzwetet 2bij22krlvzdb62qo5coosrpgs
    Mark H.
    Administrator in Computer Hardware
  • MailChimp is easy-to-use and intuitive. One thing that I love about MailChimp is the out-of-the-box email templates - very beautifully designed HTML templates that...Read More
    0 imoa6vo9s7nvhgrm3ddc6zsvssisxtim3wom6zaq5mcerlpj7eaje4senl 5bqovgspfd0pbkets
    Joy M.
<span data-ue-widget='safe-name' data-safe-name-id='16196'>Christian K.</span> - MailChimp Review Author

Do not switch to MailChimp from ANY other provider

What do you like best?

What do I like best? Hum .. the logo I guess. Not much else anyrmore.

What do you dislike?

Customer service does not know their own terms and conditions but seem to make stuff up on the fly. Even after I sent the T&Cs back to them they still answered with something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use MailChimp if you are with any other provider right now. -- Here's a quote from a rep: As per our terms of use, we require that any contacts imported into our database for sending, have gone through a complete and transparent opt-in process. This ensures that all subscribers have given written permission to send emails to them from our system(s). With that said, if you would like to continue use of our services, we would require a re-confirm process for those subscribers to guarantee that everyone on your list is opted in. Just in case, here is an article on the re-confirming process, and one on sharing your signup form which contains the full double opt-in process.

Essentially what they are telling you is to ASK YOU CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO OPT-OUT NOW!!!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

They did not solve any problem but created one for us and wasted a lot of our time.

<span data-ue-widget='safe-name' data-safe-name-id='51152'>Boni S.</span> - MailChimp Review Author

Simply Superp!

What do you like best?

Following are my favorite features (simply love them):

1) Automation - Allows me to create drip campaigns which can be sent on a set date or when user performs a specific activity on website. Drip campaigns are a fantastic way for generating hot leads and being in touch with the customers.

2) Optimizing the send time: Premium Version has this feature, where it suggests a good time to send an email to the list. This eliminates the guessing work and gives you the confidence that the email will be sent when most of the people are active.

3) Ease of segmenting the list - I generally re-send same emails to people who didn't open at the first time Or send the webinar invitation time to users who opened but didn't clicked.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp counts a single subscriber twice if he is a part of two different list. This unnecessarily increases the billing & Subscribers list.

We do webinars regularly and hence it happens that I maintain a list for different webinars. A person registers for more than one webinar and becomes a part of two mailchimp list.

Now, technically you are a single person, but since you are a part of two list, mailchimp counts it as two subscribers. This automatically increases the subscriber count resulting into higher billing. - which obviously I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its a fantastic product. It's little premium compared to others but if money is not a problem, you should definitely start using it.

Business Problems:

* We have a fantastic list of subscribers, mailchimp allows us to stay in touch with our customers/ blog subscribers via email.

* Additionally, we have automation/ drip campaigns, they are specifically designed to educate the customers/ users about our product over a certain period of time.

* Most of our automation campaigns are also designed to generate leads and hence mailchimp also helps us in generating leads.

<span data-ue-widget='safe-name' data-safe-name-id='53072'>Kathy D.</span> - MailChimp Review Author
Validated Review

MailChimp - What's Not To Like? They are Bananas!

What do you like best?

How can anyone not love what MailChimp has to offer? Free up until you have 2000 members on the list, so if you fizzle out on a project there are no messy contracts to try to wiggle out of. Their interface is fun, easy to use and works. Plus, the info is presented in a fun manner.

MailChimp also offers a wide range of well done templates or the opportunity to use your own mad code skills to fully customize your newsletters.

What do you dislike?

There is not much in the way of support, but I cannot really blame them...since it is FREE! Sometimes i struggled a bit with customizing the templates, but that is probably my own OCD rearing its annoying head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go for it! Unless you have a compelling reason to use another service I can recommend MailChimp without hesitation. There are quite a few others out there, but MailChimp has been around for a lounge time, so you can trust them. Their prices are fair when you DO get over 2000 subscribers. Plus, I think it is awesome they support small startups with the freebie service.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I needed a quality email newsletter service and MailChimp is that many times over. I needed to build my list and stay connected with my followers - Mail Chimp delivers on that in bunches. Sorry, bad banana pun.

I have received good feedback from customers - they liked knowing what was going on and enjoyed my ramblings and pondering.

<span data-ue-widget='safe-name' data-safe-name-id='19648'>Roxana N.</span> - MailChimp Review Author
Validated Review

Staying in Touch with my list of 800+ contacts for Training Programs.

What do you like best?

It's the best way to keep in touch on a weekly basis with a list of more than 800 trainees regarding new training sessions, conferences, giveaways, updates and product releases.

Since I offer a free training program, a free way of sending emails to everyone is great.

What do you dislike?

Creating lists takes a bit of extra time, perhaps a more simple way of adding contacts to a list/group would do more justice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a trainer that does a series of free workshops and training sessions and want to spend your money wisely, Mail Chimp is a great option.

Also for a blogger just building his first 1000-2000 subscribers, the platform does a lot of justice.

The design templates are easy to use, just to get your message out there.

I'd go for paid version if you want something more advanced, but just for tracking opens and clicks and for delivering a message, it's definitely okay the free version.

The paid version allows you to customize everything, plus it goes really well with a "Get more updates" subscription button on the website.

Definitely worth checking out. The paid version starts as low as $10/month.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Teaching people how to start freelancing and earning an income online takes a lot of time and effort. The fact that they can subscribe to a list and just get a message in their inbox about a new training or conference/workshop saves me time and energy, while delivering results.

Conversion rate is always good through Mail chimp.

<span data-ue-widget='safe-name' data-safe-name-id='34406'>Mamoun C.</span> - MailChimp Review Author

Good Product

What do you like best?

MailChimp stands out because of its intuitive interface and ease of use. The free plan is also really complete and may suit a good number of users.

MailChimp is the first Mailing client I used, and I have to say that its learning curve is quite low : I was able to use it with little assistance. When I encountered some basic difficulties, most of the time I was able to find relevant material from their support tab.

What do you dislike?

I think that their customer support can be a drawback for more complex features. Indeed, even if their help material is comprehensive, they do not propose phone support. I had issues when I had to set up Analytics and E-commerce tracking, I got stuck for some time before being able to solve the issue.

The other points that I did not really like are two missing features :

- One cannot send the same email campaign to different lists without replicating the campaign. They argue that it is for reporting purposes, but I have to say that it would have been really useful to have reports by lists with the same campaign.

- Duplicate emails cannot be identified across different lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key parameter to consider is your mailing list's number of subscribers.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use MailChimp for our mailing campaigns in order to promote our content and deals.

We therefore use it to increase brand awareness and to increase conversions.

For the first objective, MailChimp has been quite efficient. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case when it came to help us increase our sales' conversion rate.

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 15 69a16135a8a89331fb4401ef8989bb62f6035c175b57816ccd664c30b04b95be

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $15 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like help finding the right Email Marketing: Best of Breed product?