MailChimp

MailChimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for MailChimp?
Bronto emailmarket  2x

Learning about MailChimp?

MailChimp Reviews

Showing 5999 MailChimp reviews
MailChimp review by <span>Christine Stella P.</span>
Christine Stella P.

So close to perfect

What do you like best?

I like the data crunching capabilities of MailChimp - when used properly are definitely capable of pinpointing so much about how our community is interfacing with our work as described in news letters and advertisements.

What do you dislike?

There is something about the drafting process that feels wonky - its clear that though we pay for the service there are a few specifications that I have mastered yet which will clearly work for who we are as an entity and the way we use the product. There are times we use our emails to communicate with classes of our participants and they do not receive the communications we send. While we use MailChimp for marketing it is serving that purpose fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely be aware that they have no phone based customer service and that can be a frustrating component of the set up and ease of use with this product.

We solve some exposure issues and communicate clearly about our work using different lists for different audiences and provide organization updates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MailChimp
MailChimp review by <span>Rob A.</span>
Rob A.

Great Product!

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to track analytics through Mailchimp. Since using Mailchimp, we have increased our reach using email communication to our audience, and been able to measure the most effective ways to reach out demographic. Moreover, the ability to test emails at different times of day to see what will perform better has been a great asset! Additionally, the ability for folks to unsubscribe directly in the email is invaluable, especially when emailing 6,000+ students.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating the software can be difficult. Formatting the email or the text can be a big challenge. There have been a few times where the font or style of the text has changed abruptly. Designing the emails takes the most of my time. I do like the ability to create a template, however. Since using this feature, these challenges have decreased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend the use of the product if you are emailing a large number of people. It helps track open rates, click rates, and can help identify the best time of day to send an email to maximize your reach. However, if you're sending emails to smaller groups (100 or less) this product might not give you the best bang for your buck.

My target audience is college students who regularly use email, and email is the most effective way to get out communication to the student body. Mailchimp has allowed us to better reach and communicate with our audience. The particularly through the analytics function, we have been able to measure the effectiveness of our emails. We experiment often with different newsletter or email marketing concepts to see what performs better, and use that information in the future when putting together new communications.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

MailChimp review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

Makes email marketing super easy!

What do you like best?

MailChimp allows us to quickly create eye-catching and successful email campaigns, and lets us measure the success of our campaigns with ease.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything we dislike about using MailChimp!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend this product for anyone who wants to implement email marketing campaigns but isn't sure how to set them up or ensure that they are effective. MailChimp makes it easy, and any time I have had issues with something I have easily found the answer to my questions in their help database. I haven't ever had to contact support because they make it so easy to solve problems on your own.

MailChimp seamlessly integrates with our email address collections software and subscription box platform, so importing new subscribers happens in the background without me ever having to do anything! We can then use automatically generated groups of email addresses to target specific markets within our audience for different email campaigns. It's so easy, and saves us tons of time.

MailChimp review by <span>Mari M.</span>
Mari M.

Amazing marketing automation platform

What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can design my email templates however I want, and there are a variety of items to choose from for my content. I also appreciate the duplication feature, this allows me to keep consistency throughout my template with fonts, designs, etc. Similar to this, I am glad I can duplicate an entire template, which again, allows me to easily and quickly create a new template with consistency to our brand.

What do you dislike?

When editing a content box with text, the editing section (where you chose the font, color, etc) often gets in the way of easily viewing the text. It would be nice if I could directly edit the content, and not have an extra side box for it. I also have occasional issues with random black borders around my photos, which is a design element I do not want. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out, experimenting with all that you can do in the templates and with the program, to see if you like it. I have found it easy to use, and therefore will continue to use it. It allows me to do most everything I want.

The problem we have solved is how to get updates and information regularly to our clients. The benefits are, now that our clients can easily and regularly see updates, they are reaching out to us more about our products, and coming into the store more often than they might have before.

MailChimp review by <span>Angela A.</span>
Angela A.

What do you like best?

MailChimp has quickly become one of my must-have programs in the time I have had my online business. I have found that I am just not good with words, I try to be funny or engaging, but it just comes out flat and I never seem to be satisfied with it the next day. This program takes care of all that for me and really comes up with what I had in mind but wasn't able produce on my own. I also really the personalization it allows for related to my customers and that I can see overall how I am doing over time with up to date reports. There is definitely more features with a paid service, but there is a lot that can be done for free as well, which I always appreciate.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit overwhelming for me when I first started, but you just have to read the features and information carefully. I also see a habit of some going to the spam folder so yo have to be careful with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I wasn't sure how much I needed it until I used it.

I have seen some sales growth since I started using MailChimp and a definite customer turnout that I usually hadn't seen when i did my email campaigns on my own. It also really helps pull customers in that might not visit my website otherwise.

MailChimp review by <span>Elyse E.</span>
Elyse E.

Mailchimp - Perfect for my small business!

What do you like best?

I like that i can do bulk mailing for free. I love seeing who received my communication, who actually clicked and opened it and whose mail bounced. The analytics are so helpful. I can create a template and use it to brand my messages. Lots of graphics and ready made templates to use or i can make my own.

What do you dislike?

Since you can’t use attachments, i sometimes have to go over the documentation to figure out how to add additional info. There is lots of guidance though, both from Mailchimp and online in general. One problrm i have yet to solve is how to better direct customers to respond to the person who is sending the message rather than to the person sending the email, as this is frequently a different person.

I can send mail to many more customers than a program like Gmail allows. I also love how i can customize and create beautiful communications that build my brand and that generate a larger response than an ordinary email.

Learn more about MailChimp

MailChimp Videos

MailChimp Downloads

Learning about MailChimp?

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
MailChimp