MailChimp

MailChimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for MailChimp?

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MailChimp
MailChimp review by <span>Erin H.</span>
Erin H.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive and easy to use. It's easy to create and edit text, images, or create buttons. I like that content blocks can be dragged and drop into their place without having to review and code.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to switch between emails when creating an automation sequence. It's probably a bug, but once you've created and email sequence and you move around the email order, the subject line moves to it's new location, but the "preview text" description stays with the original email, which can be bothersome to always remember to change it. Also, regarding automation sequences, I believe they can only be trigged when someone new joins the list via import, not manually added

Mailchimp has helped us to educate our app trial users about new product features. We realized that app trial usage was low and we figured it was because users were unsure of how to navigate next in our app. So, we created an "app trial users onboarding sequence" to remedy this.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

MailChimp review by <span>Natalia D.</span>
Natalia D.

"Good application for SME companies"

What do you like best?

The opportunity of the small companies like ours to send newsletters and customized emails for our customers and suscribers. To program our newsletters, but what we most like is the abbility to congrat our suscribers with their birthdays.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact to add by myself the email of a new suscriber when it arrives to my email. I would like an automatic adder (if that already exists, It's a shame I'm using it in a old way). Also some of my photos gets moved, but I suppose it's my fault of chosing the different format for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to connect with your suscribers. Don't hesitate to add it in your company!!

We can share information and arrive it to our customers and suscribers, so they can buy again or just have us in they minds. If there will be a use in our field, they may think about us, and that's our main goal.

MailChimp review by <span>Clara C.</span>
Clara C.

"Simply the best platform"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is very intuitive and easy to use. It allows you to create all kind of emails, either using a template or using your own HTML.

I also love the design of the platform. It's simple yet very intuitive.

It's the best option to start sending emails because you can send emails to up to 2000 subscribers for free. So it allows you to try sending emails and see if it'll be good for your business. And if you find it useful you can always create a premium account which will give you more options.

What do you dislike?

The premium account is a bit expensive so maybe it's not the best option if you have to send a high-volume of emails but don't want to spend money on it.

Also, it'd be cool if Mailchimp was available in more languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an advertising agency, Mailchimp is the best platform we've found so far. It's quite easy to use and it gives you a lot of options. It's great that it shows you reports of the results so you always know which campaigns work better and interesting details such as clicks, opens or reboot rate.

It allows us to create nice emails for our clients and have reports of the results. It's a very effective tool and we've never had problems with it. In their website there are many tutorials that help you solve some problems or doubts you might have while using it.

MailChimp review by <span>Ashish M.</span>
Ashish M.

"Best Email Marketing Product"

What do you like best?

I like MailChimp because it is very to use and you can use the pre-built-in template to create marketing emails. You can find a number of tutorials on youtube to learn using this product. It can also be used for creating a Contact base, it has API Feature through which you can integrate it with your forms and it will save the filled in user details.

What do you dislike?

Costly, it is a little bit costly in comparison to sendgrid or smtp2go products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for creating a contact base, as it provides a different plugin for WordPress to integrate with contact us form.

I have used this product to create a contact base from My contact form page on my website. I have used this with contact form 7 plugin in wordpress website. I was able to retain customer details very effectively, later we triggered marketing emails to our customer with ease as details were already saved in Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by <span>Stephen U.</span>
Stephen U.

"Simple, Intuitive and Feature Rich Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is simply one of the best email marketing tools that I have used. They offer a ton of integrations with services that you already use and they make it easy to design and collaborate with your team.

Mailchimp is constantly growing and evolving to stay ahead of the pack when it comes to email marketing. They have a loyal fan based and they are constantly developing new features to ensure that they provide their users with the best platform possible.

They make it easy for everyone, whether you are non-techy and just want a drag and drop editor or if you have a coding background and want to get into the nitty-gritty and completely customize the code of your email you can do that too.

What do you dislike?

Ensure that Mailchimp allows your services, I know a lot of people that do affiliate marketing and they have had their accounts shut down because they were going against the Mailchimp terms of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp handles all of my email newsletter to keep my customers and clients informed on a regular basis. I also use it to automate the delivery of recent blog posts directly into my readers inbox.

MailChimp review by <span>Greg G.</span>
Greg G.

"Small learning curve, but no better service is out there"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp's free offerings are simply superb. I am consistently amazed at how much they seem to give away. From analytics, multiple campaigns, and customer imports, the robust offerings of their free tier are great and keep me coming back. Their email designer is not half bad, either.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to send emails outside of campaigns. I understand it is usually used as a marketing tool, but it would be nice if it were easier for me to send emails to individual people using their HTML format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is free to try out - unless your company has their own solution, the integrations Mailchimp offers is more than enough of a reason for you to test out.

I've used it as a great tool for marketing. We offer discounts on our product (college tours) through mailchimp occasionally. We also use it to reach out to our employees when sending a mass email makes the most sense.

MailChimp review by <span>Amy W.</span>
Amy W.

"Easy to use, makes emails very professional"

What do you like best?

- The basics are easy to use even for people who don't have a lot of experience with sending mass emails or different workflow styles.

- I like that I can save templates and use them again and again.

- Their customer support was super helpful when I was just getting started and had a few issues. They communicated clearly and efficiently and I like the use of screen shots to make their instructions easier to follow.

What do you dislike?

- Some of the connections with other services (such as using a pop up on a website to collect lead emails) can get a bit complicated.

- It's a bit complicated to stop workflows/etc. if you want to finish them before their sequence - I would prefer to have more control over these types of things.

- What I would like to see if being able to send out generic emails to a list on a specific date (not for birthdays, etc. but moreso like a release date of a product).

- While the templates are great to use, I would like a it more control over them in terms of arranging blocks of texts/images/etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is great for users who are managing a business that has over a few dozen clients. It makes sending mass emails easy and is a good way to organize lists.

- Using workflow to send series of emails starting with a lead magnet, followed by free information and then a sale/call to action. It was helpful in understanding a new business model and the system made it easy to integrate.

- I also use mass emails to update subscribers on blog posts, new items for sale on our website, etc.

MailChimp review by <span>Donna H.</span>
Donna H.

"We couldn't live without it!"

What do you like best?

Having tried lots of different e-mail marketing software over the years, I can confidently say that Mailchimp is one of the best on the market. You don't have to be a graphic designer to be able to create professional e-shots - it's easy to work with the templates available and just as easy to create your own designs.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find anything to dislike about Mailchimp. The only small thing would be the auto save feature. Sometimes you do want to revert back to a previous version, but the 20 second auto save function means that's not possible, This can be slightly frustrating and time consuming,,

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need to spend a little bit of time getting to grips with the basics, but once you do, there will be no looking back - Mailchimp will enable you to create a whole host of email marketing activities quickly and cost effectively.

We've solved the problem of having a pay a graphic designer to produce e-shots for us. This has saved us time and money and given us more flexibility on when we can issue e-shots.

MailChimp review by <span>Rob J.</span>
Rob J.

"Good product, good service. Easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like MailChimp because it's very easy to use. I have used it for some time and I find it to be straightforward and easy to understand what you need to do to make a solid email campaign. There are several features I do not or have not used because I either do not have a need or haven't taken the time to learn it. I can also see MailChimp's scalability for future use is vast...almost no limit to what it can do in terms of quantity of emails it can deliver at any one time.

What do you dislike?

There are several components to MailChimp that are probably useful, but that I haven't taken the time to learn and use. The only thing I find I dislike is it feels a little clunky on the backside when editing the email campaign. It takes several clicks to execute a new email and get it sent out. If more could be done on the same "page" where you edit, it would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering MailChimp because you have a database list, rest assured, it's easy to upload a spreadsheet to their platform. We have uploaded several spreadsheets with differing column titles and you can tell MailChimp what each column represents...making the import quite easy.

If you have the ability to code using HTML, you'll love MailChimp because they have an option to write your own code to customize your campaigns.

Marketing, Advertising, and Communicating to clients and prospects.

MailChimp review by <span>Davis P.</span>
Davis P.

"Good but pricey "

What do you like best?

I like mailchimp because it makes it very easy to create an email marketing campaign. It is very user friendly and there is not a hard learning curve. Mailchimp provides detailed reports on each campaign so you can see how effective they are and adjust accordingly. The templates are also nice to use, or you can create your own.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lack of features mailchimp offers when you are trying to customize your own campaign. Mailchimp has a limited amount of fonts which is frustrating. Also, when you are trying to upload an image such as a logo, you have to upload the size just right or it wont fit right. Mailchimp also will not allow you to use multiple lists for one campaign. They also count the same email on different lists as multiple people. This means that if you have that email on multiple list then you could be paying a higher price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp can get expensive if you have a large amount of emails. The free version works really well and the features are decent. If you have a large list of emails and require a lot of marketing campaigns, then mailchimp might not be right for you.

We use mailchimp for email marketing campaigns. We can easily reach multiple people and have a good way to gather data on how effective our marketing campaigns are.

MailChimp review by <span>Willem B.</span>
Willem B.

"Mailchimp Is Great For Basic and More Intense Email Campaigns"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is extremely simple to use and the set up takes almost no time at all. Besides the fact that you can send out extremely basic email campaigns, Mailchimp has a ton of features to help more intensive email campaigns as well. They're reporting is also extremely easy to understand and clean. They provide the necessary details of an email campaign without getting dragged down in all of the unnecessary minutia.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Mailchimp. When sending out to multiple lists, their list selection is a little sketchy because it's a dropdown menu that you have to scroll through and click on individual ones. I think it would be easier to make it a checklist because it's to miss a list or accidentally click on a list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

mailchimp has a free to use platform if you have under 2000 subscribers so I think it's silly to not at least give it a try. If you don't like the functionality (which would surprise me) then you can just cancel your free trial and move on.

We use Mailchimp to supplement our marketing campaigns with an email marketing strategy. Mailchimp makes it easy for clients to see how their emails are performing and we can add them to the test lists so the Clients can see their email in a live environment before we send them out . We've realized a lot about email marketing strategy by using mailchimp. We've restructured our list management and email design strategy because of results that have come from Mailchimp campaigns.

MailChimp review by <span>Kevin B.</span>
Kevin B.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

I love MailChimp and think it's one of the better platforms out there for setting up drip campaigns from Facebook ads. It has added so much more flexibility and helped us add to our success of running full funnel campaigns for our clients.

What do you dislike?

The creative tools for setting up the email campaigns could be a little more dynamic and easier to use. I've had issues with creating an email campaign and the spacing of the paragraphs are off and sometimes don't appear right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you setup your integrations properly or your campaign won't function properly. We initially had issues trying to connect MailChimp with Zapier and Facebook, but realized the issue was more of an issue with those other brands connecting, not MailChimp.

We're helping our clients to better reach out to potential customers and adding another way for them to reach new clients and get them familiar with the clients brand. We've realized by adding this tool into our arsenal, we've been able to drive better results for our clients, whether that be sales or simply building out new customer lists.

MailChimp review by <span>Faith E.</span>
Faith E.

"I love this product and highly recommend it for bloggers"

What do you like best?

I love that MailChimp offers so many additions to build my brand and showcase my blog and website. From landing pages to popup email lists, the possibilities are endless and customization is easy, all for free!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not found anything I dislike about MailChimp yet, and I have been using it for over a year now. I guess if I had to say one thing, in the free version you cannot customize your links. For example, the link to my landing page is predetermined and I cannot change it unless I upgrade. For me, that's not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest any website or blogger sign up for MailChimp. It offers a lot of quality services to increase your traffic and engagement and help promote your brand.

MailChimp gives me a beautiful way to create email signup sheets, landing pages, and send out Email newsletters and more. I have gotten more engagement and more subscribers from creating a popup form on my website, a sign up option on my Facebook, and a link to a landing page in my Instagram.

MailChimp review by <span>Brooke W.</span>
Brooke W.

"Easy to Design for non-designers and designers alike"

What do you like best?

I like that it's user-friendly and you can see an instant view of what it will look like when on desktop or mobile. Easy to see exactly what the final product will look like and that it has drag and drop boxes that you can place wherever you want for content. I also really enjoy the report that comes back. Knowing exactly who and how many people click on links is very informative in writing future content. I wish I knew more about writing the titles of emails and the click-through rate, however. I haven't explored that function fully.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that several of the templates are not changeable with the graphics that are provided. I'd rather add my own graphics (for example headers, backgrounds) but to do that you almost have to build from scratch. Only some are changeable. Also the footer at the bottom if you don't pay for pro just adds to the length of the email.

We use our mailchimp account for sending out emails internally to our staff in the form of a monthly newsletter, but we have also used it for contests and for clients to keep up to date with our services. I think it makes a lot of sense to use this program for a variety of different needs.

MailChimp review by <span>Meagan M.</span>
Meagan M.

"MailChimp Makes Mass Emails Easier! "

What do you like best?

I love that MailChimp allows you to create email marketing that is visually appealing and unique to my own company brand. My mailers don't look like everyone elses because of the ability to create my own templates and branding. I love that there is a healthy amount of analytics in our mailings and I can track what works and what doesn't. I am able to easily remove people from my email list and see who has unsubscribed, which emails have bounced, etc.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find anything that I dislike about MailChimp. In the beginning it was a little harder to figure out exactly how to design templates the way I wanted them, but was able to figure that out after playing around with the program and spending some time getting to know it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the program before you're ready to send out your first mass email.

We are able to reach our entire database of clients with one mail merge in to MailChimp. It has save us a lot of time and effort over traditional mass email. I love the analytics and how easy it is to see who has opened, clicked links, etc. that you can not see within a traditional email.

MailChimp review by <span>Pedro T.</span>
Pedro T.

"MailChimp for Religious Organizations"

What do you like best?

A way to stay connected with members and visitors. Easy distribution to different groups or to the whole list. It's free if you are sending to a small group of people. Also, I can post to social media for those who don't do email as much as before. The integration with other platforms makes it easier to sync information among the platform like text messaging services and event planning platform such as Eventbrite. Templates allow you to do a recurring email quicker by just substituting the information instead of creating a new campaign every time you want to send a message out.

What do you dislike?

Too many styles that are confusing if you're not very familiar with the platform. There's no preview of what a block looks like when used and you actually write in them. The error messages sometimes are hard to figure out what the problem truly is and why it won't let you proceed with publishing and sending the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must take a couple of tries at it before going live. You can share previews with people you want to and you can get feedback from those people as to how the newsletter looks.

Adding visuals to the message makes it clearer as to what you are trying to convey. The emails allow us to stay connected in an appealing way. Staying informed of upcoming events, news and ongoing programs. Anybody who signs up to receive text messages from us automatically is added to our newsletter and vice-versa.

MailChimp review by <span>Santiago M.</span>
Santiago M.

"The standard for emailing campaigns"

What do you like best?

Mass sending and tracking has never been so easy! Simple signup form creation and campaign management. The Forever Free plan is a good place to start if you are still hesitating on which platform to choose.

What do you dislike?

Automation is not as powerful as it could. There are some templates that you must chose from and there is no possibilities of builing your own. Can´t customize elements or fiels just by clicking on them, gotta bring them to a whole separate "Designt it" tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though the social selling and sales enablement fields are booming, mass emailing is not vintage yet. Find new ways of facing emailing and profit from it!

Being a business developer in a glutted market makes propescintg one of my main tasks. Being able to mass send and somehwat track interaction allows me to better qualify and thus make a better use of my time.

MailChimp review by <span>Kaylee A.</span>
Kaylee A.

"User Friendly and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I think mailChimp is one of the easiest email automation softwares on the market. By easy, I mean user friendly and fairly simple to understand in a very short time. Reports on campaign engagement and changes in our audience are incredibly insightful and allows us to make changes for future campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I feel like MailChimp could do more than just email automation. With products like HubSpot, you have kind of an all-encompassing program so I think it would be beneficial for mailChimp to maybe expand its services.

As soon as we get a client inquiry, we put their email immediately in the Client list we created. This keeps potential new clients engaged and introduces them to our business. You don’t have to think hard about anything because mailChimp makes it so simple to send emails to certain lists, make great formats, and show previews before you send.

MailChimp review by <span>Jennifer I.</span>
Jennifer I.

"User-friendly email management for non-techies"

What do you like best?

MailChimp does a great job of walking you through creation of an email campaign in a fairly foolproof step-by-step manner. The page layout is simple and clear - the options are clearly visible and intuitive - I have confidently sent others (non-technical people) in my organization to "try it out" and have found that they are able to move forward without a need for sit-down training in how to create lists and campaigns.

Basics are - pick your campaign type (html or plain text), choose your subscriber list to send to (list creation is simple and segmentation is easy). Then build your campaign using their templates or create your own - there are a wide variety of templates to choose from. Formatting and graphics upload are easy and similar to other frequently-used applications so it is pretty intuitive, and their drag-and-drop feature is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find organization of past campaigns a bit clunky. If I haven't proactively created folders and sorted the campaigns, then I have to scroll back chronologically through months or years of campaigns to find a specific past campaign - and when I navigate away from the list page (to see if a particular campaign is the one I'm looking for), I have to start again from the beginning when I navigate back.

Mailchimp also doesn't have a way to count duplicate subscribers as one subscriber (e.g., same email address imported to two or more different lists - each instance is counted as an individual subscriber). So you can potentially bounce yourself to a higher-cost plan if you have a large number of duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a great option for start-ups and smaller organizations, based on their free plan (up to 2000 subscribers/12000 emails per month). And regardless of org size - plans are competitively priced. This is a great option to streamline and create consistency in campaigns, particularly when multiple users are sending out communications.

We use Mailchimp to communicate with our full list of subscribers (approx, 16,000) as well as segmented groups for regional events, etc. A majority of what our non-profit association does is built around regional networks as well as regional and national events. We send multiple campaigns each week, created by several different users within the organization - this has been an easy-to-use tool that helps us create consistency in our communications without requiring a lot of front-end training for users.

MailChimp review by <span>Sara R.</span>
Sara R.

"Easy newsletter marketing"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is easy and has a lot of features to make your communications look very professional. They make it very easy and straightforward to produce a really great looking newsletter without knowing much about it. I am computer savvy but was able to explain how to use it to a few folks who aren't so great with computers and they were able to pick it up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing structure for paid versions - it doesn't make sense to me. I am using the free version currently, as I don't have that large a mail list. There are also additional features that only the paid version can access, though I definitely understand that. Also, if you make a mistake and need to send out an updated communication, you must wait 24 hours. I had a situation where I made a mistake in a newsletter. I couldn't even schedule the correction until the following day because of this restriction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GDPR compliant. Lots of FAQ's in the support area though to get live support you have to be signed up for one of the paid accounts. Also, if you don't have a paid account, you cannot send more than 1 email per 24 hours. I had to send out a correction once, and had to wait a full day to do it as I couldn't even schedule it for the following day.

MailChimp helps me send out amazing professional looking newsletters and deals to my clients, which helps me increase my bookings, and therefore increase my income! You can change format, colors, design, font, add videos, links, buttons, it is completely customizable and easy.

MailChimp review by <span>John K.</span>
John K.

"Not A Bad Freebie"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is a great choice if your contact list is small (2000 subscribers) and/or you don't want to pay for a full-service subscription. Offering their service for free is a great way to feel out the platform and see if it is the correct fit for your business needs. Even the free version offers analytics that are worth their weight in gold if used correctly.

What do you dislike?

The price is fairly steep once you need to send email contacts to more than 2000 subscribers. However, the ROI can offset this if the user's email campaign is set up and executed correctly. This is a proven method to reach customers but if your operation is on a limited budget the monthly price can put you in a pinch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned, if you have a client base that is less than 2000, MailChimp is a great alternative to paying for a high priced version and/or using standard email. You can upload your contacts to the site and tailor each of them to fit into a particular market segment, allowing you to target your customers more directly.

We are able to directly reach out to our customers using MailChimp, offering them updates, services, surveys, etc. MailChimp provides an easy platform to communicate to existing customers and keeping constant contact with them.

MailChimp review by <span>Kari M.</span>
Kari M.

"MailChimp Makes HTML Emails Easy"

What do you like best?

Hand-coding html emails, and making them pretty, is a BEAR! Especially when just about every email client displays HTML coded emails differently. MailChimp makes it absurdly easy to design beautiful email templates that display almost identically across all email clients.

What do you dislike?

There is an upcharge to do what is called a "litmus test" which shows you a preview of what your email will look like across common email clients... this is pretty standard though and honestly not as expensive as if you were to try to find an outside litmus test program. THere also is an upcharge for setting up automated emails, but once again, well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely keep your lists organized!!!

MailChimp gives you full reports on analytics stats on opens, link clicks, best engagement time and more. It's helped us figure out when the best day and time to send out our emails in order to get the most engagement. We also are able to send preview emails to internal users as well as clients and get feedback directly in the email editor.

MailChimp review by <span>Anna-Elyse S.</span>
Anna-Elyse S.

"Great for small to large businesses with varying levels of skill. "

What do you like best?

Really easy to use. Great for businesses that have no email coding experience and they can still develop great emails, all the way up to businesses with full teams devoted to email marketing.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to upload my own business fonts. Would like to be able to manage list uploads and exports and segmenting without having the highest authority level as we are often asked to troubleshoot and check on set-up and segmentations which clients often get concerned giving us access to the other features of the Manager role.

Mailchimp is very sensitive to deliverability, which is part of what makes it great, but also part of what makes it a difficult tool for new brands to use to grow their list at a cost-effective rate. Our company gets top-of-the-funnel leads for clients, whereas Mailchimp really wants middle-of-the-funnel or more qualified leads. Their customer support doesn't really care about your past relationship with them. The moment a Mailchimp user gets a high unsubscribe rate or spam-reporting Mailchimp immediately demands the brand to delete ALL of the emails regardless of their engagement. I worked with a brand that had to delete all 20,000 of their subscribers because they had 1 person file a direct complaint against the brand, which cost the company so much they ended up switching ESPs when Mailchimp refused the budge.

I hate that you can't send one email campaign to multiple lists. And Mailchimp does not have a simple way to segment current subscribers from multiple lists into one Master List other than exporting all the contacts and adding the original list name as a Merge Tag (like the partnership that drove those emails or marketing campaign that sparked their sign-up). It makes more sense to segment, but often we get clients after they've started with the Multi-List strategy and it is more a headache than it is worth to restructure the CSVs to create one Master List.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is best for small-mid size businesses getting started on growing their business. It is relatively easy to figure out, and provides very understandable analytics. I think of it as a great internship to the world of Email Marketing, where brands can test what works best for them and then as they scale and grow to develop a larger email marketing budget they can invest in a more advanced platform.

Our clients use our services for list growth, and then Mailchimp to nurture those new leads into conversions.

It is great that Mailchimp can scale to the skills and needs of the clients from little email marketing expertise to entire teams devoted to coding and content writing.

MailChimp review by <span>Luz Elena M.</span>
Luz Elena M.

"Una Herramienta Útil Para Compartir tus Contenidos"

What do you like best?

MailChimp provee un servicio muy eficiente y útil.

Sin duda lo mejor es tener la posibilidad de crear campañas via e-mail desde cero, teniendo la oportunidad de diseñarla a corde a las caracteristicas que se deseeny posteriormente poder compartir el trabajo con clientes y seguidores, ademas poder monitorear la campaña es una opción muy destacada de esta plataforma.

What do you dislike?

Aunque es amigable con los nuevos amigos, si tienes una agenda de contactos amplia, tendrás que pagar si deseas realizar campañas que superen los 2000 integrantes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si estas buscando una herramienta que te ayude a gestionar tus contactos via e-mail y poder monitorear y compartir información variada de forma masiva, MailChimp es lo que buscas. Una plataforma que te brinda un servicio de gestión vía correo electrónico, puedes crear campañas desde cero y compartir con la cantidad de personas que desees. Mailchimp es un sitio lleno de propuestas que te motiva a compartir tus contenidos de la forma mas creativa posible.

Es una herramienta que facilita el contacto directo con clientes, proveedores y amigos, con unos pocos click podrás enviar una información consistente a tus contactos sin invertir mucho tiempo o dinero. Es muy fácil hacer promoción a tus propuestas mediante MailChimp, ya que es una plataforma intuitiva que te ayuda en el proceso de realización de la campaña paso a paso, para mi es un plus poder monitorear la campaña y todo esto sin necesidad de pagar, aunque si deseas más amplitud para tu agenda, lo mejor es comprar uno de los planes que MailChimp te ofrece.

MailChimp review by <span>Christine Stella P.</span>
Christine Stella P.

"So close to perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the data crunching capabilities of MailChimp - when used properly are definitely capable of pinpointing so much about how our community is interfacing with our work as described in news letters and advertisements.

What do you dislike?

There is something about the drafting process that feels wonky - its clear that though we pay for the service there are a few specifications that I have mastered yet which will clearly work for who we are as an entity and the way we use the product. There are times we use our emails to communicate with classes of our participants and they do not receive the communications we send. While we use MailChimp for marketing it is serving that purpose fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely be aware that they have no phone based customer service and that can be a frustrating component of the set up and ease of use with this product.

We solve some exposure issues and communicate clearly about our work using different lists for different audiences and provide organization updates.

MailChimp review by <span>Tracy C.</span>
Tracy C.

"Easy to use great for the business of getting down to business"

What do you like best?

I love how they walk you through the campaign email process step by step. I am often amazed by the adds I receive in email from other consultants and have wondered how and where they come up with such amazing graphics and verbiage. I think I might have found a way to engage my audience just a little bit more, and enough to get that target market to be more engaged in their meal time mission.

What do you dislike?

While it walks you through it is not necessarily user intuitive. It was a little confusing as to where and how to insert pictures and upload files. Once I figured it out it was much simpler to complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and priced just right for newbies ie FREE for the basics and that's all I need for my little business right now.

I am taking care of my marketing needs. I am not a marketing major/degree holder so any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I am a strong believer in not refashioning the wheel and to work off of another's foundation which is what MailChimp make possible with their great templates.

MailChimp review by <span>Renee B.</span>
Renee B.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It is a super simple, intuitive platform with lots of great template options. It also integrates nicely with other platforms I use such as SurveyMonkey and Eventbrite. I like that it is easy to update the contact lists by updating spreadsheets and then Mailchimp makes the changes for you. Also, the "Segment" option has been very helpful when I need to send emails only to a specific group within the larger contact list. The analytics are great, it tells you who opened it, where they clicked, what your average rates are, and a whole lot more.

What do you dislike?

If you don't pay for it, you're screwed if you need to contact support. They only offer customer support to paid subscriptions. Also, their algorithm doesn't recognize military email addresses (.mil) as real email addresses, so it won't send to them, which has been a problem for us. As far as design, the platform can be a bit unstable, so it doesn't always do what you want it to do.

We can reach a huge group of people without having to keep track of who has unsubscribed, who has bounced, who wants to sign up, etc. Mailchimp does that all for you!

MailChimp review by <span>Lily T.</span>
Lily T.

"Easy to use, somewhat limited in design."

What do you like best?

Although I don't have much experience with other mail marketing programs, I have found MailChimp extremely easy to use. The analytic information has allowed me to vastly improve my marketing strategies, and I have seen a tangible increase in sales since using it. The free version also comes with a significant amount of features on its own, and by the time I need to upgrade to a paid version I think I will make plenty enough to justify the subscription.

What do you dislike?

As far as the template building program goes, I prefer a bit more flexibility and customizability.

Mailchimp allows me to see not only how many people are opening my emails, but also how many are following through on the links in the email and how many are making purchases based off the information in the email. With AB testing, I am also able to neatly refine my marketing strategies and maximize efficiency.

MailChimp review by <span>Rajiv C.</span>
Rajiv C.

"Good Tool for Basic Marketing Needs"

What do you like best?

Great resource library of templates and samples to use off the shelf.

What do you dislike?

The list management process is quite cumbersome since it is designed to have the master list maintained within MailChimp, and all segmentation needs to be done thru this master list. This makes things very difficult since we use Salesforce as our main database, and some of our products are not synced up to Salesforce which means we have to manually sync it up to Salesforce and then dump that info into Mailchimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool if you are just getting started with marketing automation and email marketing. It has basic building blocks to also launch landing pages and ads which is a nice to have. However if you're looking for a more robust solution with complex automation pieces, and list segmentation, i'd look elsewhere.

Helps with most of our email marketing requirements - we are able to build and launch marketing campaigns that enable us to drive leads for our business through landing pages.

MailChimp review by <span>Carmen Elena G.</span>
Carmen Elena G.

"My Experience with Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

Mi experiencia con Mailchimp ha sido excelente.

Hemos encontrado en esta herramienta la solución a muchas horas de tiempo invertido en la creación de campañas que son distribuidas a través de correo electrónico, ahora podemos diseñarlas a través de Mailchimp con diseños coloridos e intuitivos que podemos implementar para hacer crecer nuestra Corporación, llevando a nuestros clientes la información que están esperando directo a su bandeja de entrada.

Mailchimp es la herramienta que necesitas en tu trabajo con urgencia.

What do you dislike?

Despues de cierta cantidad de suscriptores, tendrás que ponerte al corriente con Mailchimp y decidir que plan quieres utilizar para continuar disfrutando del servicio que te ofrece. Por ejemplo si llegas a 100 mil suscriptores, tendrias que pagar al rededor de 75$.

Recommendations to others considering the product

En la Corporación Caminos Verdes, recomendamos ampliamente la implementación de Mailchimp como herramienta CRM, pues los resultados que hemos obtenido han sido excelentes.

Antes de decidir utilizar Mailchimp, realice mi estudio de mercado para decidir que Software utilizar y definitivamente Mailchimp es la mejor plataforma para manejar el contacto con los clientes y compañeros de trabajo.

El flujo de información se mantiene siempre ordenado y obtenemos feedback de nuestros principales asociados con lo cual podemos dar respuesta a sus necesidades en tiempo real.

Además, las campañas publicitarias iniciadas a través de Mailchimp han arrojado resultados excelentes para la Corporación Caminos Verdes, presente en el mercado del Marketing en Venezuela desde 1993.

MailChimp review by <span>Rob A.</span>
Rob A.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to track analytics through Mailchimp. Since using Mailchimp, we have increased our reach using email communication to our audience, and been able to measure the most effective ways to reach out demographic. Moreover, the ability to test emails at different times of day to see what will perform better has been a great asset! Additionally, the ability for folks to unsubscribe directly in the email is invaluable, especially when emailing 6,000+ students.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigating the software can be difficult. Formatting the email or the text can be a big challenge. There have been a few times where the font or style of the text has changed abruptly. Designing the emails takes the most of my time. I do like the ability to create a template, however. Since using this feature, these challenges have decreased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend the use of the product if you are emailing a large number of people. It helps track open rates, click rates, and can help identify the best time of day to send an email to maximize your reach. However, if you're sending emails to smaller groups (100 or less) this product might not give you the best bang for your buck.

My target audience is college students who regularly use email, and email is the most effective way to get out communication to the student body. Mailchimp has allowed us to better reach and communicate with our audience. The particularly through the analytics function, we have been able to measure the effectiveness of our emails. We experiment often with different newsletter or email marketing concepts to see what performs better, and use that information in the future when putting together new communications.

MailChimp review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

"Makes email marketing super easy!"

What do you like best?

MailChimp allows us to quickly create eye-catching and successful email campaigns, and lets us measure the success of our campaigns with ease.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything we dislike about using MailChimp!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend this product for anyone who wants to implement email marketing campaigns but isn't sure how to set them up or ensure that they are effective. MailChimp makes it easy, and any time I have had issues with something I have easily found the answer to my questions in their help database. I haven't ever had to contact support because they make it so easy to solve problems on your own.

MailChimp seamlessly integrates with our email address collections software and subscription box platform, so importing new subscribers happens in the background without me ever having to do anything! We can then use automatically generated groups of email addresses to target specific markets within our audience for different email campaigns. It's so easy, and saves us tons of time.

MailChimp review by <span>Mari M.</span>
Mari M.

"Amazing marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can design my email templates however I want, and there are a variety of items to choose from for my content. I also appreciate the duplication feature, this allows me to keep consistency throughout my template with fonts, designs, etc. Similar to this, I am glad I can duplicate an entire template, which again, allows me to easily and quickly create a new template with consistency to our brand.

What do you dislike?

When editing a content box with text, the editing section (where you chose the font, color, etc) often gets in the way of easily viewing the text. It would be nice if I could directly edit the content, and not have an extra side box for it. I also have occasional issues with random black borders around my photos, which is a design element I do not want. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out, experimenting with all that you can do in the templates and with the program, to see if you like it. I have found it easy to use, and therefore will continue to use it. It allows me to do most everything I want.

The problem we have solved is how to get updates and information regularly to our clients. The benefits are, now that our clients can easily and regularly see updates, they are reaching out to us more about our products, and coming into the store more often than they might have before.

MailChimp review by <span>Logan L.</span>
Logan L.

"Easy Email Campaign Service"

What do you like best?

I like that the email campaigns can be setup and automated with ease. Adding my logo and having the ability to observe data on how my subscribers interact with the email is also very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it seemed to setup my campaigns at first. However, there are tutorials and a lot of helpful tips to use in order to become a "power user".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel MailChimp is a great addition to any business. Interacting with customers through email can really boost one's image and visibility, and MailChimp's automated campaigns are highly worth trying.

I needed to find a way to easily reach my audience which was affordable and did not use a lot of my time. Mailchimp is free for those with under 2000k subscribers, and it is definitely a time saver once the campaigns are setup and off and running.

MailChimp review by <span>Angela A.</span>
Angela A.

"Helpful."

What do you like best?

MailChimp has quickly become one of my must-have programs in the time I have had my online business. I have found that I am just not good with words, I try to be funny or engaging, but it just comes out flat and I never seem to be satisfied with it the next day. This program takes care of all that for me and really comes up with what I had in mind but wasn't able produce on my own. I also really the personalization it allows for related to my customers and that I can see overall how I am doing over time with up to date reports. There is definitely more features with a paid service, but there is a lot that can be done for free as well, which I always appreciate.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit overwhelming for me when I first started, but you just have to read the features and information carefully. I also see a habit of some going to the spam folder so yo have to be careful with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I wasn't sure how much I needed it until I used it.

I have seen some sales growth since I started using MailChimp and a definite customer turnout that I usually hadn't seen when i did my email campaigns on my own. It also really helps pull customers in that might not visit my website otherwise.

MailChimp review by <span>Elyse E.</span>
Elyse E.

"Mailchimp - Perfect for my small business!"

What do you like best?

I like that i can do bulk mailing for free. I love seeing who received my communication, who actually clicked and opened it and whose mail bounced. The analytics are so helpful. I can create a template and use it to brand my messages. Lots of graphics and ready made templates to use or i can make my own.

What do you dislike?

Since you can’t use attachments, i sometimes have to go over the documentation to figure out how to add additional info. There is lots of guidance though, both from Mailchimp and online in general. One problrm i have yet to solve is how to better direct customers to respond to the person who is sending the message rather than to the person sending the email, as this is frequently a different person.

I can send mail to many more customers than a program like Gmail allows. I also love how i can customize and create beautiful communications that build my brand and that generate a larger response than an ordinary email.

MailChimp review by <span>Yogesh G.</span>
Yogesh G.

"The go-to, top of mind application for email marketing"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and quick to get off the ground. It is intuitive enough that even a complete newbie to email marketing can quickly get the hang of it by following the extensive education they provide and the Knowledge base available both from the company as well as from other users

What do you dislike?

While editing content, alignment slips once in a way, especially when I save drafts and move out to do other things. Occasionaly, emails get tagged as spam and promotions, even though they might have been delivered without any issues on earlier campaigns - there is no consistency and I am unable to repeat this error. That being said, it is at an acceptable level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started with it and make sure that you research a lot. Iterate, experiment and test - after all, you ARE marketers.

Easy to use, fast to get off the ground. Even the free version is sufficient for startups to begin their email campaigns and I highly reccomend it to my clients on a regular basis. While some do struggle to use advanced marketing automation, this is more of an indicator of the power of the platform and the point in the journey of their marketing teams.

MailChimp review by <span>Shelby D.</span>
Shelby D.

"Easy to Use Email tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this product. Many marketing automation tools get to caught up in design and specific templates. With Mail chimp, their templates are preset, but you can modify and change them around for your specific idea or company look. It is simple to add lists to your campaigns and edit them. You can use XML, HTML formats and mass upload your contacts into the area for your organized list. it does separate your lists based on campaigns if that is how you choose to set them up

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of creativity it gives you. So with some of the campaigns i create, i may need to get more creative than just changing a template and having a small selection of tools to help make is unique and creative. I have worked with the Mailchimp support team and they aren't very helpful when it comes to custom creating templates for your specific needs so you can just use it over and over. The other problem i had but it wasn't a mailchimp issue, is our firewall and mail filtering keeps catching the address as spam and doesn't always push it through. That makes me nervous because many of the clients i sent campaigns out to don't always get them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that you pay for what you get. The better monthly subscription you have with them, the better and more unique your campaigns have the potential to look.

the biggest problem i have with mail chimp is the email filtering issue. I wish that not all secure emailing systems and firewalls would recognize the address and spam. I would like to see them make a change on their end for emailing out of the mail chimp domain on the free version. When we upgraded to the paid version i did realize it helped a lot. If you plan on using the free version there are many limits to it. It is worth doing the upgrade.

MailChimp review by <span>Aida Josefina G.</span>
Aida Josefina G.

"Mi Experiencia con Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp tiene todo para comenzar ahora mismo a hacer email marketing.

Un diseño inigualable, innovador e intuitivo, con el cual podrás implementar campañas publicitarias a través de correo electrónico con los diseños y exigencias de tu preferencia.

Podrás iniciar una pequeña newsletter tal vez, solo para anunciar algo sencillo o realizar una mega campaña por correo electrónico que llevará a tus clientes el producto directo hasta sus casas.

El e-mail marketing es una de las formas más efectivas para conseguir ventas, una técnica que ha mejorado notablemente con los años y que Mailchimp no ha desperdiciado ni por un segundo.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp es una plataforma de organización y automatización de marketing que te ayuda que te ayuda a compartir campañas publicitarias exitosas, cabe destacar, a través de correo electrónico.

Mailchimp ha dado respuesta al búsqueda de un software con el cual pudiéramos compartir con nuestros clientes y amigos la información que tenemos y queremos llevarles y luego de un tiempo prudencial de ensayo y error con Mailchimp no logramos reportar fallas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si lo que deseas es crear una pequeña Newsletter o si por el contrario, quieres iniciar una exitosa y colorida campaña publicitaria via e-mail, abre una cuenta ya en Mailchimp, no vas a arrepentirte.

Crear una campaña publicitaria nunca se hizo más fácil.

Con Mailchimp hemos aumentado la satisfacción de nuestros clientes en Carmencita Inc. llevándoles campañas cargadas de diseños innovadores e información de su interés, además de enlazar estas mismas con ciertas compañías proveedoras de servicios, que facilitan la adquisición de los productos que publicitamos a través de Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

"Intuitive and looks great!"

What do you like best?

It's a very clean app. It looks nice and it's easy to use. There are very few frills that distract from what I'm trying to do. (Although to be honest, I have little to compare it to). I also like that MailChimp allows you to create more than just an email template.

What do you dislike?

I found the list creation and maintenance to be a bit confusing at times. I knew what I needed and wasn't able to accomplish it as efficiently as I felt like I should have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that different email servers view emails differently. It's very difficult to tailor your template to appear perfectly across all platforms and can feel very discouraging.

We send out alerts about our upcoming events. Prior to using MailChimp we were doing this only by word of mouth so this has really increased our RSVP rate.

MailChimp review by <span>Kathryn H.</span>
Kathryn H.

"Email Marketing Fave Not My First or Second Choice"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp certainly has the most attractive templates and for the email marketing novice they are fairly simple to use. Setup is very easy and the prompts have improved over the years to remind you of all the features/capabilities of this software. The user experience of this software has always been better than other similar products

What do you dislike?

I find the control of lists to be a nightmare to deal with, especially if you are managing your list in your CRM or elsewhere. Any white hat marketing professional will ensure their list is obtained properly and that permissions/opt-ins are up to date. It should not be a requirement that this happens through mailchimp. Customer service could be improved. They seem to have little power to override. You'll also likely be contacting them at some point if you don't use their opt-in feature for your audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you sign up for any email marketing client I would recommend you test out the free versions of at least three. See how easily you can manipulate the templates and do a few test uploads of a sample list to see how the software will manage. You really have to kick the tires with these.

I have used the A/B testing option to gain further insight into our email campaigns. I very much liked the detailed results and the ease to set up. It's also well-known so clients who are somewhat familiar can access the site themselves to see the progress.

MailChimp review by <span>Gabrielle  C.</span>
Gabrielle C.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

The best features about MailChimp have to be the design possibilities and the segmentation options. There aren't really any limits to the way you design your email templates. They have a lot of premade templates but there's a much better benefit to designing your own templates and really branding your emails. I can plug in data from my CRM and get incredible email segmentation options as well.

What do you dislike?

There are minor difficulties with branding when it comes to fonts. They have a decent amount of font options but they do not have the font my company uses. You should either have more options or be able to upload a font from your computer. Especially because many companies have their own fonts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the A/B testing provided by MailChimp. Create your own templates pretty easily. Semi-limited on font options.

Mass emails sent quickly and uniformly. Email segmentation. A/B testing. Clean look.

MailChimp review by <span>Kaitlynn C.</span>
Kaitlynn C.

"Easy to use and efficient "

What do you like best?

I have used MailChimp for 2 clients and I love using it. The templates make it easy when I need to whip up a quick email to send out and then I can customize it to fit my exact idea for the email. I love how it records all of the emails and filters through the ones that are bouncing back.

What do you dislike?

In the app it can be difficult to customize wording. If I’m wanting to make one line larger in the same box as other wording, I can’t. I have to make it two separate boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp helps achieve business goals in sales by effectively marketing and reaching those who do not use social media as often.

With both clients we have been able to market much better to those who are not as frequently using social media. We can easily remind people when a sale is going to end without them needing to be on Facebook.

MailChimp review by <span>Katia Z.</span>
Katia Z.

"Great Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and to use Email Marketing Automation Tool, up to date interface with a lot of nice features. Free plan is great. They have many email templates that you can edit and use for your email campaigns. Th tracking system is very good, you can see who, when and how many times opened your email, who did not, who unsubscribed after a certain campaign and many more. The nicest thing is all of the features described above are available in the free plan.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say, may be that you have to pay in order to remove their logo from emails. But they need to earn money somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the MailChimp software to others. It is a great, very easy to use tool with many useful features that will make a life of email marketers more fun and productive.

MailChimp is a Email Marketing Automation tool and it solves many problems, such as: email management, brand awareness, lead generation, lead nurturing, email campaigns.

MailChimp review by <span>Norina M.</span>
Norina M.

"You cannot find a better email marketing service"

What do you like best?

As most of the platform and software that I use for my business, I use MailChimp also for my clients. MailChimp offers you a clean and simple look of his dashboard, focusing all your attention to creating and sending out your emails. There are a lot of templates avaible that you can easily customize with colors or specific dispositions. The drag and drop interface also helps you a lot in the building of your newsletter.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I dislike are the native forms that are simple and fit every website, but they can be non practical at all since you can't customize them too much and looks all the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since MailChimp offers you a base free account you can see for yourself how good it is.

MailChimp is a great tool that help my business to get in touch with past clients and potential clients, updating them with our projects and new things that we offers to them. I also use MailChimp for our clients, whenever I have to deal with an email campaign I only use MailChimp since helps me to create and send out newsletters with a little amount of time and efforts but with great results. The insights provided from the campaigns performance are the best thing to demonstrate our work to our clients.

MailChimp review by <span>Jenny B.</span>
Jenny B.

"MailChimp is your best friend for email marketing"

What do you like best?

I love MailChimp's design and interface. It's so simple to use and very intuitive. The drag and drop style of designing is very current and user-friendly. It's also well-designed and clean.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to get MailChimp's templates to do exactly what you want. Would love more variety. Would love templates that offer more unique actions, such as gif backgrounds, in-mail videos, polls, etc. More interactive emails would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and simple way to start email marketing, MailChimp is perfect for you.

Email marketing is hard to keep up with. But MailChimp makes it easy to set up multiple campaigns targeting multiple audiences. It's very set and forget. Their reports are easy to read and understand. They make it very simple to see who is responding to your campaigns, who is unsubscribing and point to reasons why. They make it simple to set up multiple target audience groups and automate who gets what emails depending on certain actions.

MailChimp review by <span>Marianna P.</span>
Marianna P.

"With MailChimp I can easily reach out my clients"

What do you like best?

With MailChimp I can easily reach out my clients thanks to the newsletter service. I like the fact that I can make list to send specific email to specific audience. I also like the fact that I can create custom box to put on my business site to aquare subscribers among visitors. The emails creator is also well structured and have all the tools you need.

What do you dislike?

MailChimp is a great free tool but if you go beyond the subscribers limit you have to pay a bit more than other services that provide you same services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can ever say too much how a well thinked software, as MailChimp is, Can help your business.

MailChimp is helping me a lot. I can find specific segments in the list and send out a promotional emails just to that segment. For example a couple of week before Valentine's Day we send out our promotion about jewels just to the men segment, higher of 25 years old. This platform helps me to stay connected to my clients offer them last news and promotions of our shop.

MailChimp review by <span>Shelby M.</span>
Shelby M.

"Ready to Rock On! Sometimes."

What do you like best?

I like the new campaign dashboard. When duplicating a campaign, you can view all of the details on one page rather than clicking through individual pages. I don't worry anymore if something's changed from the last blast because it's all clearly in one place now.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there aren't enough text formatting tools. Maybe they're buried in the back-end somewhere, but when editing an email, you're limited and what is shown in the editing box is not always as the formatted text appears later. As a graphic designer, this is so frustrating to me that using HTML to design is *easier* than the trial and error MailChimp requires to standardize formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other email marketing options out there. Compared to other popular platforms (iContact, Constant Contact), MailChimp gets the job done, and there is no perfect solution!

It is easily integrated with my social media accounts, so I am able to blast all at once. GREAT! I also HAVE to have an email marketing site, and MailChimp IS NOT perfect, but it works for what I need to do.

MailChimp review by <span>Lindsay P.</span>
Lindsay P.

"Makes e-newsletters super easy for the non tech saavy"

What do you like best?

MailChimp makes creating and sending e-newsletters SUPER easy for the non tech saavy. Professional looking e-newsletters without coding experience? Yes, please!

My favorite features:

-Drag and drop templates

-Easy insertion of photos, videos and links

-Built in photo editor

-Ability to integrate social media and social sharing

-Previews that show what your e-mail will look like on various phones, computers and browsers

-Easy to interpret "performance data"

-Very helpful tech support

What do you dislike?

Occasional technical glitches can occur when copying and pasting text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is perfect for small businesses and nonprofits that want to send professional looking e-newsletters without the web/coding/design experience. It's SUPER user-friendly for those who aren't too tech saavy-- Think "drag and drop" templates, easy insertion of links/photos/video and a simple step-by-step campaign builder process. And if you're not sending thousands and thousands of e-mails, it's pretty much free!

I frequently use MailChimp in my job in the nonprofit sector. Budgets are tight at most nonprofits, and MailChimp allows us to send professional looking e-newsletters without having to hire a graphic designer, coder or webmaster. Huge savings! Since MailChimp is so affordable (oftentimes FREE!), we are able to send monthly e-newsletters to our sponsors/donors/community without breaking the bank.

MailChimp review by <span>Elisa M.</span>
Elisa M.

"perfect for small business"

What do you like best?

I am not super creative when it comes to marketing, however, MailChimp helps me send fun and exciting emails about my business. It is very user friendly and easy to understand how to use. I LOVE the audience view so that I know how many people are actually looking at my email/business growth.

What do you dislike?

So far, I am very satisfied with the services at MailChimp - there is not anything that I truly "dislike"

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user friendly and makes marketing emails run more smoothly.

My main business problem is promoting sales and deals and making sure that I am able to reach a wide range of people. MailChimp helps to reach out to customers that I haven't talked to for a while and remind them of all the great deals that we have going on. I am definitely able to reach out to more people than I would be able to on a personal, one-on-one level.

MailChimp review by <span>Sydney G.</span>
Sydney G.

"Makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I have used MailChimp is several of the positions that I have worked. It is so easy to use, and it makes getting information out so much easier.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little bit of time to get used to using, but once I got the hang of it, it was so easy and made my organization's mail blasts so much more simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using MailChimp in your workplace. It makes social media advertising and email advertising so much more simple. Definitely designate some time to get used to using the product before going live with your organization.

For a long time, we would have to send out thousands of separate emails a day. Once we started utilizing MailChimp, we sent a tiny fraction of the emails we used to send. It made everything so much easier.

MailChimp review by <span>Scott D.</span>
Scott D.

"Lovely email marketing software"

What do you like best?

Mailchimp is easy to use, with clear navigation and a clean interface. It is easy, and almost even fun, to create new email templates using their editor, which I find superior to the likes of other similar services such as constant contact. There is A/B testing which is essential for any marketing campaign and there is easy segmentation for making lists. Their customer support is also exceptional.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about constant contact. I suppose that my one gripe is that some other email tools make it easier to visualize your drip campaigns for automated email marketing, but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out other tools since things are different for everyone, but for me, Mailchimp satisfied all of my needs.

I use mailchimp to reach out to existing clients and customers as well as to contact potential leads. We've seen our retention rates go up ever since using Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by <span>Irma (Deedee) D.</span>
Irma (Deedee) D.

"Easy Peasy MailChimp Squeezy "

What do you like best?

With the drag and drop features, I'm able to easily create the email template I want and need. I can easily add buttons, photos, and even gifs.

I like that I can automate and segment emails. I can then check the analytics dashboard to see if the target audience is engaged or disengaged and tweak my emails.

What do you dislike?

When I send a test email, the format seems to change. I need to dig into the actual html coding of the email to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the free version. If you like it, then get the paid version which has even more features.

MailChimp allows me to connect with both internal and external stakeholders.

Internally: I utilize MailChimp as an employee newsletter, delivering the info employees deem important. Externally: I utilize MailChimp for marketing campaigns and company newsletter. Email delivers the highest ROI over other marketing vehicles.

MailChimp review by <span>Nikki H.</span>
Nikki H.

"Pretty great once you get the hang of it "

What do you like best?

I love the A/B testing. It was really helpful for us in our last email blast. We were able to send out 3 versions of the same newsletter (using different content headers) to a select portion of our audience, and then based on the analytics, we chose the best/most opened header to send the blast to the remaining majority. So, the A/B testing is super useful. I also like that I can save templates. It makes it easy to just plug content into a familiar template and send it on its way.

What do you dislike?

If you DO use A/B testing, it wants you to know what your 2 - 3 headers and preview text are before you've created the newsletter. So...that can be annoying if you're like me and get your inspiration from the content once it's plugged in. I usually just put space savers in there and go back and change it later. Also - and maybe this is just me - I sometimes have a hard time finding the specific analytics I'm looking for from a completed campaign. That part of the page isn't as intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend testing out the A/B feature. It's really useful. Also, take advantage of the fact that you can create "sub lists" of your audience - we have lists of active teachers, librarians, tech specialists, etc. so we can send targeted stuff at JUST that audience.

We use it primarily to send newsletters to the teachers who use our writing platform. This allows us to send them updates, blast new content, send seasonally appropriate stuff, etc.

MailChimp review by <span>Jeff H.</span>
Jeff H.

"A quick, easy way to send e-mails"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is a quick and easy way to send e-mails to the groups I communicate with regularly about our programming. Their template designer is easy to use and customize and the lists function allows separate e-mail lists to be managed without any hiccups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes e-mails from MailChimp are flagged as Promotions or Spam and so occasionally the communication can be lost on your audience. Occasionally the MailChimp video integration does not work the way that it should and so I typically do not send video through this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp allows for slick, custom looking e-mails with little cost or effort on your part. A custom template with great graphics allows for your e-mails to pop in a unique and branded way.

I communicate regularly to parents, students, and volunteers of my ministry and this allows me to do so in a clean, easy way that once setup requires very little work. Having my large lists segmented into specific groups allows me to easily send notifications to just one group if I want.

MailChimp review by <span>Charles N.</span>
Charles N.

"Professional marketing for the unprofessional marketer"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use and generate a professional-looking mail-out without prior experience. The UI and UX are built to make the process of creating a campaign as seamless as possible. All the included tools enable users to customise mail-outs in countless ways

What do you dislike?

A few features need to be worked on, particularly font-customisation, which proves sometimes tricky and can lead to small changes in fonts across a mail-out.

The open rates and click rates aren't transparent enough to show the user actual opens and where users clicked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a genuine mailing list to reach out to and don't breach GDPR regulations. Also make sure you clean up your lists as readers unsubscribe so you reduce the amount of contacts you hold in MailChimp because that is how they charge.

We use MailChimp for newsletters and mass mail-outs to our customers. It takes less than an hour every week to generate the newsletter because MailChimp is so easy to use.

MailChimp review by <span>Shirley George F.</span>
Shirley George F.

"Easy and Effortless Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The system is simple and straightforward, allowing me to create and customize marketing messages and newsletters to my clients. It also sends me updates on the effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) of my communications. I've subscribed to other marketing programs in the past. MailChimp wasn't around in the early days, but I'm pleased they're here now to make a complicated process simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

A few of the menu tags for creating news updates are complicated for me, but I believe this is due to a lack of training on my part. Also, the photo that accompanies my weekly email is blurry, and I've not yet found a solution for that. Again, the problem is probably remedied by taking time for self training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a written agenda for your email marketing before signing up for MailChimp's trial system (I believe one is available). MailChimp, along with other programs, cannot help you if you don't know, ahead of time, what you wish to achieve.

I've solved the weekly RSS newsletter problem experienced with previous MailChimp competitors. Now my mailings are handled automatically. The benefits are 1) lower costs, and 2) higher open rates.

MailChimp review by <span>Jessica O.</span>
Jessica O.

"Simple, quality, great deal!"

What do you like best?

It allows you to really try it! You are not confined to some 30 day trial, they give you a window number of emails and recipients you can use their product with, and then as you grow you add on. I really like this method as you can actually use if for a while before committing to it. But it is well worth the commitment!

The options for designing your email are great. Plenty of options and design editing without making it a long ordeal that ends up being a time sucker. And they have stylish templates that are really easy to tweak.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to say here, when I first started using it I had a hard time with knowing if my automated emails were going out correctly, but it was easily remedied and they continue to improve themselves in ways I don't for see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the perfect tool for you to start out small, but allows you to grow very large while staying reasonable and easy to manage!

Automated email campaigns, in email graphic design that won't bog down inboxes, and scheduled marketing sets.

MailChimp review by <span>Janelle V.</span>
Janelle V.

"Mailchimp's been my #1 for over 5 years."

What do you like best?

Mailchimp makes it easy to create beautiful emails with simple drag-and-drop features and components, and an easy to understand guided creation process.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an additional user level between manager and owner/admin that would allow the manager to export lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're charged by the size of your list, which makes switching to Mailchimp, even if you're a startup, a great option. It scales with you, and non-profits receive great discounts, and the service is great. If you take a close look at the emails you receive from orgs/businesses you follow, chances are good that you're already receiving Mailchimp emails and have seen how great they can look.

Mailchimp has revolutionized our digital marketing strategy. Our newsletters look incredible, we've been able to recruit for our programs and events more effectively, and we're able to showcase our sponsors in a way that they appreciate.

MailChimp review by <span>Dallas C.</span>
Dallas C.

"App for Dunces"

What do you like best?

This app walks you by the hand and shows you what you need to do, fast. It automates email chains and helps you get your mailing lists going. Free side is great to start up too!

What do you dislike?

I don't know when emails have been sent out and what is currently "flying around" in the internet air. I don't know when things are being sent out, who has received what in the chain, and things of that nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go free for a while, especially if you don't need spam-amounts of massive volume.

I don't have time to track email lists because I need to reach out. MailChimp does that grunt work for me. I sell through Gumroad and with this I don't have to monitor the sales at all. They buy, get on the list, and then get automatic marketing sent to them through Zapier and Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by <span>Tom C.</span>
Tom C.

"Assessment of MailChimp Performance and Effectiveness"

What do you like best?

MailChimp made email marketing and management very easy given my audience's characteristics. It was easy to upload, edit, and extract documents while collaborating with coworkers. The marketing analytics that were provided also helped me gain insight on the response I was getting to my emails. For instance, I could see how many people opened my emails, clicked links within the emails, and responded. This was useful to know for better engaging certain individuals.

What do you dislike?

I used the software to manage large lists of contacts within several different groups. At times, all of the marketing tools and analytics information was unnecessary. I didn't need to attract the individuals in my email groups as much as I needed to just keep them organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the analytics tools to get a better understanding of who is reviewing your content and use this to better engage your audience.

MailChimp made email list management extremely easy and organized. The lists of people I was contacting were constantly changing, so this software made it efficient to manage and share information. Working with several people in my organization, this helped us stay on top of the most current individuals receiving our emails. This created realized benefits of better user response and engagement to create a more targeted campaign.

MailChimp review by <span>PHILLIP P.</span>
PHILLIP P.

"Trial account reviewing"

What do you like best?

ease of accessing, creating and reviewing templates and ads. Automation is great, being able to send out auto campaigns or reminders to customers who have abandoned their shopping cart. Able to send out a Happy Birthday when it's their birthday. After you send your first campaign, you'll be able to see reports on how it performed, who opened it, and more! Being able to create a new list, or just want to sub-divide an existing list with groups. Reports show useful metrics like views and clicks. Create an automated welcome email, it makes it easy to send a friendly hello or say thank you when people join.

What do you dislike?

limiting due to only a free account for now. Comparative Reports are only available for Pro users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program and easy to use. would definitely recommend to use.

handling everything in one program hopefully. making campaigns without all the hassles.

MailChimp review by <span>Rudi Z.</span>
Rudi Z.

"Weekly Newsletter Review"

What do you like best?

I first used MailChimp in my undergraduate when I was a secretary for one of the local organizations. Ever since I have used MailChimp as an efficient and effective way to communicate. One this I truly enjoy about the newsletters that I send is they aren't filled with clutter, such as advertisements or overwhelming color. Additionally, after spending a little bit of timing figuring out the ropes of MailChimp, it was relatively simple to operate for someone who is not savvy with algorithms.

What do you dislike?

While I find MailChimp very easy to operate, I did have some difficult with the "unsubscribe" button from a few of my members. It was a simple fix from my end to remove them but challenging for them to initiate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it may seem like some time to start with, the time is worth it. MailChimp saved me so much time with preparing newsletters and I would highly suggest anyone who needs to send weekly emails should consider using this product. If you have one formate, you can just swap out the words and it takes minutes rather than hours to create an entire newsletter. Additionally, you do not have to remember everyone in the address book because they keep a contact list for you!

The largest business problem is communication. With MailChimp, it is easy for every to be on the same page and easy for them to flag in their inbox and refer back to.

MailChimp review by <span>Marly D.</span>
Marly D.

"User Interface and Ease of Use make MailChimp a great Marketing Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is very easy to navigate, understand, and use. There is no learning curve for the material, so it is the perfect tool to pick up and learn on the fly. The system to create emails is clean, simple to understand and access, gives a variety of options.

What do you dislike?

MailChimp is not a one-stop shop. It is best to be paired with other apps, such as Zapier, in order to ensure the seamless integration of MailChimp and your other applications (your website, calendar, social media, etc). There isn't enough variety or personalization in MailChimp to make it the perfect platform. Also, the way to enter in new subscribers is very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When working with MailChimp, I would take the time to go through the integrations and really understand what applications can and cannot be used with it. This will help you get the most out of the platform. It also may be best to compare MC to other platforms in order to ensure that you enjoy the user interface, the integration tools, and the marketing automation that MC provides.

A simple marketing tool that allows me to send out mass emails regarding services, general messages, welcome emails, etc. Great to use to also apply for positions and utilize as a resume. I've also managed a few high-end email lists and have found that MailChimp has worked excellently for managing opt-in forms, integrating with other applications, and marketing campaigns to target audiences.

MailChimp review by <span>Kiara (Kiki) S.</span>
Kiara (Kiki) S.

"Great for newsletters across our collaborative nonprofit project."

What do you like best?

I use mailchimp for our monthly training newsletter, which is sent out to 199 staff from youth serving nonprofit agencies. I like the customization template features, which are easy to use and update for our monthly training newsletter. I like being able to see how many people opened the email and how many clicked on links in the email, as well as seeing that data in compared to the industry average.

What do you dislike?

The font options and archival system need improvement. I want to be able to download pdf versions of all my campaigns and haven’t been able to figure it out efficiently. I think the mobile viewing should be improved also—the template never looks how it says it will when I’m editing it in draft (even when I preview it in “mobile”). I wish there was an easier way to have videos in the email, and to integrate surveys from other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Archives--allow users to download PDF's of each campaign/make it easier to view, export, and print campaigns from the site. We want to archive all of our newsletters on our website so that staff can view previous newsletters and for our team to make improvements/retain a consistent theme and language.

MailChimp has made it easier for staff across our partner organizations to register for trainings—which has led to more diverse participant pools and richer conversations during trainings. It's made it easier for us to monitor emails and import contacts in a de-duplicated fashion.

MailChimp review by <span>Davis F.</span>
Davis F.

"Easy Email Campaigns - from your phone!"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to create email campaign directly from your phone! I like the different templates that they offer because they give you a starting point, but it is also relatively easy to tweak and adjust to your individual needs.

What do you dislike?

I have a couple business ventures that benefit from me using this service. It can get a little cumbersome at times when you are selecting various lists. They are all in there together. I wouldn’t really want to send an email campaign meant for my flower farm business followers to my woodworking business. But this may be a “me” problem and not a “MailChimp” problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many items and features are free!! Multiple lists and customization of data collected are easy to manage.

Collecting emai addresses has never been easier. No spreadsheets to fool with, remembering to enter later when I get home, entering incorrectly is over! We use a tablet and let our customers enter their information right there at the farmers market!

MailChimp review by <span>Tim P.</span>
Tim P.

"A complicated system made very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The user interface design is one of the best I have ever used. Clean, clear, and modern, with obvious step-by-step tools. The WYSIWYG designer makes me wish I could compose all of my personal emails with MailChimp. Excellent documentation makes the techie things like domain validation very simple to fix. The free usage tier is a huge bonus for a small nonprofit organization.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about MailChimp that I dislike. Would love to use it more and read more of their guidance about creating a successful email marketing program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Under the hood, email is a very complicated system. Even though MailChimp makes handling the technical components incredibly easy, be prepared to ask for help at some point. You won't be disappointed in their online documentation.

Email engagement and marketing for nonprofit organization. We've saved lots of time compiling a marketing list and using smart tools to design email communications

MailChimp review by <span>Emma V.</span>
Emma V.

"Easy to use and effective"

What do you like best?

I don't have much experience with marketing strategies, so this was my first time using a major program to aid me. But within a week, I was very comfortable using the entire platform. It definitely makes it easy to edit the visuals of an email, add email recipients, and keep track of the data coming from your emails.

What do you dislike?

The way to enter emails and names is a bit tedious. I think it would be better if they could have a mass input setting to enter many emails and names at once without having to submit a form every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take some time to look at all the features. There's a lot more to the program than initially meets the eye!

We hadn't really ever had a way to contact our remote customers beyond Facebook and Instagram, and neither were ideal for longer messages we had. It's been a big help in reaching out and bringing back customers who had purchased from us and then either move away live remotely from our retail store.

MailChimp review by <span>Vicki L.</span>
Vicki L.

"Excellent tool for any size business, any experience level"

What do you like best?

MailChimp is easy-to-use (the smallest learning curve of any email marketing tool I've ever used) and allows businesses -- both small and large -- to get started with email marketing right away. As they grow, the pricing scales affordably but it's great that you can get started for free. I use MailChimp myself and I also recommend it to clients.

What do you dislike?

Their Knowledge Base (help section) is pretty good, but sometimes it would be nice to have a live support person to talk to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only is MailChimp easy to use and offers so many useful features in one place, they're continually growing and improving. They added Facebook retargeting a while back (which I've used) and Google remarketing as well (which I plan to use). I'm excited to see what they come up with next!

Email marketing campaigns, email automation like abandoned shopping carts, Facebook retargeting ads. I've reached new audiences and engaged the audiences I already have.

MailChimp review by <span>Oluwajoba O.</span>
Oluwajoba O.

"A Powerful Autoresponder Solution"

What do you like best?

1. Mailchimp Content manager - The content manager within mailchimp enables you easily design templates for your email campaigns. This is a very useful feature that helps you to create high converting emails

2. Customize your signup forms the way you like - Mailchimp allows you to fully customize your signup forms. It even enables you to add beautiful designs to your signup forms. This helps to create optin pages that stand out

3. A/B Testing - This is a very important feature in email marketing and mailchimp helps to create up to 3 variations of your email campaign so you can find what works best for your business

4. Free For Up To 2000 Subscribers - Mailchimp is free as long as you have less than or equal to 2000 subscribers on all your lists. This is very good for people just starting up with email marketing

5. Easily Integrates With Third Party Solutions - In my own experience, mailchimp is the most-available option for solutions that offer seamless integration with their platform. This means that while it may be a hassle integrating other autoresponders with third party solutions, the case is not the same for mailchimp

What do you dislike?

1. Not very user friendly - It took me a while to figure out how mailchimp works.

2. Not very compatible with paypal when it comes to email marketing. People have to subscribe through a form for you to be able to send emails to them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is great for people new to using autoresponders. It is free for the first 2000 email subscribers so this is a very good option for newbies

1. Managing optin forms and subscribers for my landing pages - Mailchimp is the solution I use for my landing pages that I use to collect leads for my business

2. Easily create email lists for my business - I can create lists anytime for any landing page or optin form.

MailChimp review by <span>Austin Y.</span>
Austin Y.

"Good for simple, straightforward email campaigns"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty intuitive and beginning users won't feel bogged down by too many options. Emails go out reliably to the right audience segmentation (provided it's set up correctly), and there are a number of "baked-in" templates to use.

What do you dislike?

List management can be complicated, as Mailchimp doesn't seem to be able to identify the same contacts in different lists. If you upload the same person to two different lists, it counts as two different records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for small teams who don't have the resources to set-up dedicated IP addresses or manage databases for email deployment. However, it is still best to have a central contact person in order to maintain database integrity and keep the lists clean.

Our company needs a simple email marketing tool at the moment for our B2B business, and Mailchimp does just that. It is also less expensive that some of the other options out there.

MailChimp review by <span>Deborah B.</span>
Deborah B.

"Mailchimp deemed best product for non-profit to manage and communicate with members and donors."

What do you like best?

Mailchimp was reviewed with several other email and communications management products. The features that were of the most interest to my client was ease of use, integration with existing email platform and cost. Mailchimp proved to be the easiest of all the products reviewed for the client to use and was easily learned through simplified learning tools proved as part of the program. Additionally, the ease of integrating the existing contact information into the system enabled the user to quickly start using the product. As the client opted for the free version, the cost factor was also agreeable.

What do you dislike?

Integration of graphics into mail campaign template was not as intuitive as I envisioned. After using the feature several times, it became somewhat easier to use.

The non-profit I was consulting for was able to increase readership through more frequent communications. Email campaigns were launched with enriched content and more informative details about upcoming events. Donations increased and membership was positively affected as well.

MailChimp review by <span>Oksi V.</span>
Oksi V.

"MailChimp - mailing list service "

What do you like best?

And so, the pluses of MailChimp. What I like about this application:

-low enough prices for the market with high functionality;

- a set of supporting documentation and training videos;

-developed tools for customizing companies and geotracking;

- a set of themes for decorating the control panel for every taste;

- the availability of exclusive technologies and solutions that are not available in other similar products;

-the availability of free mode for small mail companies, discounts for non-commercial newsletters;

- the availability of ready-made solutions for embedding in well-known social networks, platforms and CMS.

What do you dislike?

My opinion is very convenient, it has everything you need, but there is one drawback, the reports are updated not in real time, but twice a day. And so everything is fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not confuse professional services for e-mail marketing with e-mail services.

MailChimp is well known in the Internet marketing market due to its stylish design and aggressive marketing. However, Mailchimp is much more than just a beautiful service with a memorable monkey as a talisman.

First of all, it has a simple and intuitive interface. And although the service itself is replete with functionality, the "control panel" of all these tricks is incredibly convenient. Regardless of the level of preparation, it is a pleasure to use the service.

At work I use the MailChimp program. I am pleased with the nice interface, the control panel makes it easy to orient in the service. I create mailing lists for people who have agreed to receive mailings. there are many templates and themes in the service. Constant clients I mark as "vip" customers. This service is great for advertising

MailChimp review by <span>Siana S.</span>
Siana S.

"Works great"

What do you like best?

They have so many options for what works best for you and the number of people that you need to reach. They provide many different services for different types of businesses and you get to pick which service works best for your business. Their support is also great. They are there for you at any time to help with even the most tedious questions. I have never been a person to ask for help, but it never hurts to ask a simple question and them responding with no problem.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. The service does what it says it will do. I do wish they give more details when it comes to setting up exactly what you want. For people who aren't sure what exactly they want from their service, this will benefit them a lot. A bit overwhelming at first but once you play around with it, everything becomes easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take a little bit to understand how every thing works so don't be afraid to head over to FAQ. It makes life easier.

Sending out multiple emails to a lot of people at the same time. It also helps with keeping up with our large email lists and keeps them organized. Less work for me to do. I also get to personalize my emails with pictures, signatures, and our logos. We switch it up a lot so the flexibility with the personalization helps a lot.

MailChimp review by <span>Scott H.</span>
Scott H.

"Mailchimp Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, and the ability to create and save templates to use on multiple campaigns. The forever free is great for small companies and organizations that have a small group of subscribers. Saving and storing your templates for re-use, and the abundance of templates to purchase from third party developers makes it really easy to use Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

The platform is lacking for mobile devices. The paid plans are fairly expensive if you need to be sending more emails per day or have a larger subscription base. Our list is growing with each lacrosse camp we have, and my worry is that the forever free plan will no longer be an option for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp helps you increase sales with personalization in your campaign templates.

We use mailchimp to broadcast our lacrosse wallball bootcamps. We do not spend a single penny on marketing our programs, using mailchimp and various social media platforms including facebook, instagram and twitter.

MailChimp review by <span>Natasha v.</span>
Natasha v.

"Easy to use, but overpromises on automation"

What do you like best?

It is easy to built templates that look good. I like the new way that they just released to build a new email campaign, much cleaner. The pricing structure also feels fair. And for the basic email marketing stuff the customer support is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more feedback around best practices about what an email should look like. Like if they could give some kind of "relevancy score" like facebook does with ads. Like how long people are reading the email for. It was also really frustrating when they were trying to push the mailchimp brain, but it didn't actually work with a lot of different websites. These complaints were reflected on forums and when I talked to support.

It is helping us do segmented email campaigns around specific classes to students who would be interested in them. We send out a regular weekly email newsletter pushing classes and general news. Email marketing often comes in the top 3 of what is pushing to our site, which is great and wouldn't be possible without Mailchimp.

MailChimp review by <span>Amy H.</span>
Amy H.

"Amazingly easy to create professional looking newsletters"

What do you like best?

MailChimp makes creating and sending newsletters and communication incredibly easy and simple. Great, intuitive setup, tons of options, excellent free and paid for services, and the way the contacts are set up makes it easy to keep my mailing lists straight.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have is not being able to send a newsletter or communication to more than one list at the same time. It's pretty easy to replicate the campaign and send it again, but sending it to multiple lists would be more convenient.

We had a problem of readers not opening our newsletter, making it inefficient and inhibiting our communication. We also were limited by the number of emails we were allowed to send at one time through our mail server. With MailChimp, the reader is able to see our entire newsletter simply by opening the email. No downloading or clicking to another site required! We also are now effectively able to send emails to our entire list of >1000

MailChimp review by <span>Amber W.</span>
Amber W.

"Perfect, affordable & informative tool"

What do you like best?

I love that this tool is cost-effective, but provides the necessary functionality needed to run a great campaign complete with insightful reporting an the ability to automate.

What do you dislike?

Quite frankly, there's not a lot to dislike. I will say that when editing the template, I wish there was an option to change out the theme mid-design if needed. I'll select a theme to preview it but it ends up getting permanently assigned to that campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're beginner or event mid-level, this is a wonderful tool! It has a wizard that walks you through every step and educates you on the basics and often times more advanced tidbits of info. I've worked on all the major platforms, Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, etc. and this is the most intuitive. It might not be the most robust software but it's an amazing stepping stone.

More streamlined communication and the ability to monitor performance at multiple levels. I've realized that not only am I able to manage day-to-day campaigns within the tool, but I'm also able to create automation and send triggered campaigns which is awesome.

MailChimp review by <span>Jaime K.</span>
Jaime K.

"Excellent Email Automation"

What do you like best?

With Mailchimp I like automated list management and analytics. Of all the email campaign platforms, it has easily the most versatile and attractive template system. Modifying previous campaigns helps decrease setup overhead. I love timewarp, tracking data, essentially all of the tools. It's email marketing automation made exponentially easier.

What do you dislike?

List management and information could be clearer. I wish there were an easier way to follow subscription/unsubscription trends and trim the lists so that we could be more consistent with the customers receiving specific mailings. Importation from other platforms leads you in relatively blind, lead to higher spam reporting in at least one instance, absolutely against our intentions. The platform has a bit of a learning curve, but once past the initial hump this is easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailchimp is not entirely intuitive, there is a lot of functionality in the platform, but with that comes a steeper learning curve than some others. It's very robust overall, and offers some innovative tools that make it worth the price point and curve.

Market segmentation, following buying trends and gathering important information about key customers. We're able to send targeted emails tailored to customers specific interests, keeping content fresh and varied based on response.

MailChimp review by <span>Megan R.</span>
Megan R.

"Simple and easy to get set up"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create segments groups of contact within my lists. It really helps me target the right kind of people based on their behavior or personal information. Not to mention the automated emailed. This is a life saver otherwise I would never remember to follow up with my customers as frequent as I should.

What do you dislike?

I wish that their embedded forms for wordpress were prettier. They are very stark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even at the basic level, MailChimp has what you need to get started with communicating with your customers. Email marketing is so crucial to improving your churn and customer success. it's really easy to just use your gmail account, but with gmail you really can't customize the layout of how it looks, it's very stark. Not to mention the Automation. The automation is huge, especially for someone who's job isn't just sitting around writing emails all day.

There are lots of tools in MailChimp that are very beneficial. Segmenting a list down to more targeted groups of people really like you hone in on your communication with a specific group of people. I don't know about you but when I get an email from a company that feels pretty general I tend to ignore them. With these tools you can creates emails that don't get ignored.

I'm trying to communicate with my customers in a way that will keep them coming back to make more purchases. I can do this with Mailchimp easily.

MailChimp review by <span>Anna T.</span>
Anna T.

"Easy to Use, Fantastic Customer Service When You're Stumped"

What do you like best?

I've been using MailChimp for almost two years now, and I appreciate its dependability and stability. I have never encountered odd glitches or inconsistencies between different email campaigns. No matter what tech company I have used, there have been inevitable oddities in the programing, but that's not the case for MailChimp. I also appreciate the easy to access analytics.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it was hard for me to find anything I didn't like about MailChimp. If I were to nit pick, I would say that when they updated the campaign interface within the past month I wish there was a quick tutorial to make sure I could find everything again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp has an outstanding customer service team. Whenever I have a question, their live chat has been able to answer my questions and more so. There was one specific instance when I was on live chat with a rep for over 20 minutes, and she was pleasant the whole time AND solved my problem!

My company uses MailChimp for a variety of different lists of people. Being able to send emails to a specific list of subscribers is helpful when we are looking for feedback on our own products.

MailChimp review by <span>Immanuel N.</span>
Immanuel N.

"Modern and Very Helpful."

What do you like best?

What I truly like best about MailChimp is their brand. I perceive Helpful, Beauty and Friendly.

They are helpful in various ways: plenty tutorial videos and articles, responsive support, free premium features, and to top it off, their recent marketing initiative 'What's in Store'.

The app and their visual brand is beautiful.

The app is very user-friendly, and intuitive. Their language in their articles and marketing initiative is friendly and fun.

What do you dislike?

There isn't enough control over customizing their embedded forms. It's data fields relies much on what's on the main hosted form of the list, and the only way to get truly customized set of data fields in an embedded form requires coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there's a will (related to email marketing), there's a way in MailChimp.

Building our list with MailChimp forms is easy, and I'm excited to finally start implementing the marketing automation tools.

Plus, I've learned much about email marketing from MailChimp's resources.

MailChimp review by <span>Rob W.</span>
Rob W.

"MailChimp is a leader in email marketing, but needs UI improvements"

What do you like best?

I use and recommend MailChimp for all of my clients that I do email marketing campaign management for. It helps me get up and running on multiple campaigns. The mobile app is worth downloading for checking campaign activity on the go. It's especially nice that there's a reasonably-sized "free" tier so that small businesses with tiny lists can get started without having to spend a lot of money up front. I also like the fact that MailChimp has Mandrill email domain authentication services.

What do you dislike?

I've never been fully happy with the user interface and user experience. Once you get past the learning curve, everything is easy enough (if you know where to look to find things). But it is a challenge to hand over control to non-technical users or even technical users unfamiliar with MailChimp's interface. Everything feels scattered and specialized rather than general purpose and simplified.

Lists and forms are too tightly coupled. I'd like to have the ability to have multiple versions of embedded forms for a single list without a lot of hassle. In one instance, a customer needed a differently-formatted form for an iPad at a physical market booth than for the website. MailChimp support told me I'd need to create two lists, one for the booth and one for the website, and then periodically merge the iPad list into the website list. That's not how I expected it would work.

Mandrill became part of MailChimp a couple of years ago, but I expected that it would be more integrated into MailChimp's main UI by now. It's still a decoupled part that uses the oAuth credentials from MailChimp to log into it, but that's about the extent of it. Plus, Mandrill support is severely lacking. They don't consistently answer inquiries and when they do it's not a very thorough or helpful answer. The Mandrill WordPress plugin is still available even though it's not been maintained for quite a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp can be expensive the bigger your list is. Be sure to budget accordingly.

I'm solving the business problem of helping small business clients begin their email marketing management.

MailChimp review by <span>Leah A.</span>
Leah A.

"User friendly - great for small to medium size businesses "

What do you like best?

Easy to set-up and use even if you have never used an email platform before.

What do you dislike?

They have really started expanding their capabilities and offering more of a marketing automation arm, so not much to dislike on the fact they are continually building out.

Only dislike I would have, and it isn't too big is the fact they don't have customer service representatives for free customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend this product if you are new to email marketing and you want to put together a professional looking email.

Being able to reach our customers and potential customers via email.

If you do not have a web designer you can still build professional looking emails using their templated they provide. It also has a great feature where you can copy emails you have already created so you don't have to start from scratch every time.

They have a great library bank so you also don't have to re-upload the same image over and over again.

MailChimp review by <span>Joshua B.</span>
Joshua B.

"The Standard in Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

MailChimp has an attitude that makes the task of sending marketing emails (almost) fun. With the monkey mascot and little messages sprinkled through the service it makes it playful, while also being a very serious well-designed product.

What do you dislike?

I wish their reporting was more dynamic like Campaign Monitor, which has a map that shows you on the globe where people are opening your email. It's kind of a gimmick, but it's also a great way to impress clients. I also don't love that you edit on the left panel while it changes the appearance of the email in the left panel. I wish (like some other services) you could edit directly "IN" the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you choose a service, consider how much automation and segmentation you need. MailChimp is great at both, but there are other services that have a slightly easier workflow for segmenting lists. MailChimp's isn't difficult, I just don't find it very intuitive.

Sending marketing messages for my clients. Segmenting customers based on their interest so we don't bore them with a message that doesn't appeal to them.

MailChimp review by <span>Sean R.</span>
Sean R.

"Great for composing emails and using their built in editor. Lacks some advanced features"

What do you like best?

For any level of user, MailChimp really does have an outstanding UI. It is very easy to setup and get started with literally any size campaign. We use both HTML emails that we flow in from my dev team, as well as plug and play ones that require no dev's at all. Both have a great output. Really like the unsubscribe process that is by default and the restrictions that MailChimp put in to ensure you are CSPAM compliant.

What do you dislike?

Advanced features, compared to other tools, are lacking. It is more challenging to create auto-responder or follow up processes out of the box. Other tools I have used are out of the box ready to create a decision tree and perform certain tasks based on the interaction with the email recipient. I also find the salesforce.com integration to be very basic and does not meet an even semi-roubst marketer's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For more robust use cases, get ready to do a lot of custom configurations and finding intuitive workarounds.

We run our B2C and B2B email marketing with their product. We were going to use it for some of our client-services email marketing aka support, however we found a better tool built on top of salesforce.com that has a lot more out of the box featues we need for our decision-based model.

MailChimp review by <span>ANGELICA ARACELI M.</span>