MailChimp
Badge 1417703253

MailChimp

107 8.2 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

MailChimp Reviews (107)

I'm using MailChimp for a bootstrapped project. I chose mailchimp because it has the features I liked with flexible payment options. The big thing for me was the... Read More
0 d5pusveyegt5nwno7ijxsmz0ey5xnano7chxsmzgvulzwetet 2bij22krlvzdb62qo5coosrpgs
Mark H.
Administrator in Computer Hardware
MailChimp is easy-to-use and intuitive. One thing that I love about MailChimp is the out-of-the-box email templates - very beautifully designed HTML templates that... Read More
0 imoa6vo9s7nvhgrm3ddc6zsvssisxtim3wom6zaq5mcerlpj7eaje4senl 5bqovgspfd0pbkets
Joy M.
Updated On

Love, Love Love MailChimp!

What do you like best?

MailCimp is so easy to use. I used it several times in previous roles, and suggested it to clients also. It's a clean, easy to navigate and intuitive site. It's quick to pick up, and there is so much functionality included even with the free account. It has integrations to other sites (Facebook, Eventbrite etc.).

What do you dislike?

As far as email marketing services go, this one is pretty darn good! Didn't ever find anything I didn't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small or growing business, and looking for a great tool for your newsletter, blog update e-mails or general marketing e-mails, MailChimp is a great tool to look at. You can start off small, and pay nothing as you start to grow your mailing lists. The more contacts you have, you move in to different tiers for pricing. Obviously if your lists are growing, this is a good thing, but you can get pretty high before you need to pay anything. There are plenty of templates provided to get you started, or you can design your own HTML templates if required. You can segment your lists to allow your contacts to subscribe to specific types of newsletters/emails. It's clean, slick and a great tool to use.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

MailChimp allows you to create segmented lists, customise your email templates, create e-mails from RSS Feed and has a whole host of other features. It's very easy to use, and doesn't need much technical knowledge or skills to be able to set up and send slick marketing e-mails easily.

Updated On
Validated Review

Staying in Touch with my list of 800+ contacts for Training Programs.

What do you like best?

It's the best way to keep in touch on a weekly basis with a list of more than 800 trainees regarding new training sessions, conferences, giveaways, updates and product releases.

Since I offer a free training program, a free way of sending emails to everyone is great.

What do you dislike?

Creating lists takes a bit of extra time, perhaps a more simple way of adding contacts to a list/group would do more justice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a trainer that does a series of free workshops and training sessions and want to spend your money wisely, Mail Chimp is a great option.

Also for a blogger just building his first 1000-2000 subscribers, the platform does a lot of justice.

The design templates are easy to use, just to get your message out there.

I'd go for paid version if you want something more advanced, but just for tracking opens and clicks and for delivering a message, it's definitely okay the free version.

The paid version allows you to customize everything, plus it goes really well with a "Get more updates" subscription button on the website.

Definitely worth checking out. The paid version starts as low as $10/month.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Teaching people how to start freelancing and earning an income online takes a lot of time and effort. The fact that they can subscribe to a list and just get a message in their inbox about a new training or conference/workshop saves me time and energy, while delivering results.

Conversion rate is always good through Mail chimp.

Good Product

What do you like best?

MailChimp stands out because of its intuitive interface and ease of use. The free plan is also really complete and may suit a good number of users.

MailChimp is the first Mailing client I used, and I have to say that its learning curve is quite low : I was able to use it with little assistance. When I encountered some basic difficulties, most of the time I was able to find relevant material from their support tab.

What do you dislike?

I think that their customer support can be a drawback for more complex features. Indeed, even if their help material is comprehensive, they do not propose phone support. I had issues when I had to set up Analytics and E-commerce tracking, I got stuck for some time before being able to solve the issue.

The other points that I did not really like are two missing features :

- One cannot send the same email campaign to different lists without replicating the campaign. They argue that it is for reporting purposes, but I have to say that it would have been really useful to have reports by lists with the same campaign.

- Duplicate emails cannot be identified across different lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key parameter to consider is your mailing list's number of subscribers.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use MailChimp for our mailing campaigns in order to promote our content and deals.

We therefore use it to increase brand awareness and to increase conversions.

For the first objective, MailChimp has been quite efficient. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case when it came to help us increase our sales' conversion rate.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Probably the easiest email marketing solution available

What do you like best?

MailChimp is very easy to use, so it is perfect for the beginning email marketer. The campaign set-up wizard walks you through every step of the process, and using the design templates, you can create campaigns quickly. I think even the first time I worked my way through it, I had a sample email ready to test in less than an hour. MailChimp provides many tutorials and articles that cover pretty much everything you would want to do -- they even suggest ways of working around some of the limitations (like the default email width and the number of test emails you are allowed to send) without having to dig into the code.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design defaults are pretty strict, such as the width of the email. You can change them in the code, and there are workarounds, but it would be nice to have an easy to alter these basic elements so that the emails appeared more customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginning email marketer, this is a very easy program to get up and running quickly.

Problems solved -- Designing and creating effective email marketing campaigns

Benefits -- Good engagement, good campaign tracking

Validated Review

Easy to use, friendly interface that gives you the power of email without the hassle

What do you like best?

MailChimp is EASY to use. There are plenty of options and powerful features, but the general interface and cute little quotes and images don't make you think you're using a powerful business tool, but instead a fun little "game" or "toy" that rewards you for doing things right. It is also very scale-able, which is helpful in our case since we sometimes send LOTS of emails and other times send almost none. Our current approach is to buy big batches of credits and use them as needed.

What do you dislike?

Although it is quite cute, some of the error message text or the related success messages make it tough to "sell" to a senior executive who may be thinking the tool isn't powerful or professional enough. Even the name is a little silly. I also wish we could dig a little deeper to determine WHO opened, clicked, etc. on emails rather than just seeing the numbers. This is why we will soon be moving away from MailChimp to a solution within our CRM instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get over the silly name and the cute look and give it a try. You'll be impressed with the feature set and the capabilities within the interface.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We send thousands of emails using MailChimp and enjoy the simple summary data is provides us on opens, clicks, bounces, etc. It is as easy as uploading a mailing list, generating email content, testing/validating and hitting send.

Tags

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about MailChimp?