MailChimp

MailChimp helps you design and share campaigns across multiple email and ad channels, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

Work for MailChimp?

Learning about MailChimp?

MailChimp Reviews

Showing 5399 MailChimp reviews
MailChimp review by <span>Scott D.</span>
Scott D.

Lovely email marketing software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Mailchimp is easy to use, with clear navigation and a clean interface. It is easy, and almost even fun, to create new email templates using their editor, which I find superior to the likes of other similar services such as constant contact. There is A/B testing which is essential for any marketing campaign and there is easy segmentation for making lists. Their customer support is also exceptional.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about constant contact. I suppose that my one gripe is that some other email tools make it easier to visualize your drip campaigns for automated email marketing, but other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out other tools since things are different for everyone, but for me, Mailchimp satisfied all of my needs.

I use mailchimp to reach out to existing clients and customers as well as to contact potential leads. We've seen our retention rates go up ever since using Mailchimp.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MailChimp
MailChimp review by <span>Nikki H.</span>
Nikki H.

Pretty great once you get the hang of it

What do you like best?

I love the A/B testing. It was really helpful for us in our last email blast. We were able to send out 3 versions of the same newsletter (using different content headers) to a select portion of our audience, and then based on the analytics, we chose the best/most opened header to send the blast to the remaining majority. So, the A/B testing is super useful. I also like that I can save templates. It makes it easy to just plug content into a familiar template and send it on its way.

What do you dislike?

If you DO use A/B testing, it wants you to know what your 2 - 3 headers and preview text are before you've created the newsletter. So...that can be annoying if you're like me and get your inspiration from the content once it's plugged in. I usually just put space savers in there and go back and change it later. Also - and maybe this is just me - I sometimes have a hard time finding the specific analytics I'm looking for from a completed campaign. That part of the page isn't as intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend testing out the A/B feature. It's really useful. Also, take advantage of the fact that you can create "sub lists" of your audience - we have lists of active teachers, librarians, tech specialists, etc. so we can send targeted stuff at JUST that audience.

We use it primarily to send newsletters to the teachers who use our writing platform. This allows us to send them updates, blast new content, send seasonally appropriate stuff, etc.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

MailChimp review by <span>Jeff H.</span>
Jeff H.
Validated Review

A quick, easy way to send e-mails

Validated Review
What do you like best?

MailChimp is a quick and easy way to send e-mails to the groups I communicate with regularly about our programming. Their template designer is easy to use and customize and the lists function allows separate e-mail lists to be managed without any hiccups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes e-mails from MailChimp are flagged as Promotions or Spam and so occasionally the communication can be lost on your audience. Occasionally the MailChimp video integration does not work the way that it should and so I typically do not send video through this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp allows for slick, custom looking e-mails with little cost or effort on your part. A custom template with great graphics allows for your e-mails to pop in a unique and branded way.

I communicate regularly to parents, students, and volunteers of my ministry and this allows me to do so in a clean, easy way that once setup requires very little work. Having my large lists segmented into specific groups allows me to easily send notifications to just one group if I want.

MailChimp review by <span>Charles N.</span>
Charles N.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's so easy to use and generate a professional-looking mail-out without prior experience. The UI and UX are built to make the process of creating a campaign as seamless as possible. All the included tools enable users to customise mail-outs in countless ways

What do you dislike?

A few features need to be worked on, particularly font-customisation, which proves sometimes tricky and can lead to small changes in fonts across a mail-out.

The open rates and click rates aren't transparent enough to show the user actual opens and where users clicked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a genuine mailing list to reach out to and don't breach GDPR regulations. Also make sure you clean up your lists as readers unsubscribe so you reduce the amount of contacts you hold in MailChimp because that is how they charge.

We use MailChimp for newsletters and mass mail-outs to our customers. It takes less than an hour every week to generate the newsletter because MailChimp is so easy to use.

MailChimp review by <span>Shirley George F.</span>
Shirley George F.

Easy and Effortless Email Marketing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The system is simple and straightforward, allowing me to create and customize marketing messages and newsletters to my clients. It also sends me updates on the effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) of my communications. I've subscribed to other marketing programs in the past. MailChimp wasn't around in the early days, but I'm pleased they're here now to make a complicated process simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

A few of the menu tags for creating news updates are complicated for me, but I believe this is due to a lack of training on my part. Also, the photo that accompanies my weekly email is blurry, and I've not yet found a solution for that. Again, the problem is probably remedied by taking time for self training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a written agenda for your email marketing before signing up for MailChimp's trial system (I believe one is available). MailChimp, along with other programs, cannot help you if you don't know, ahead of time, what you wish to achieve.

I've solved the weekly RSS newsletter problem experienced with previous MailChimp competitors. Now my mailings are handled automatically. The benefits are 1) lower costs, and 2) higher open rates.

MailChimp review by <span>Jessica O.</span>
Jessica O.
Validated Review

Simple, quality, great deal!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It allows you to really try it! You are not confined to some 30 day trial, they give you a window number of emails and recipients you can use their product with, and then as you grow you add on. I really like this method as you can actually use if for a while before committing to it. But it is well worth the commitment!

The options for designing your email are great. Plenty of options and design editing without making it a long ordeal that ends up being a time sucker. And they have stylish templates that are really easy to tweak.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to say here, when I first started using it I had a hard time with knowing if my automated emails were going out correctly, but it was easily remedied and they continue to improve themselves in ways I don't for see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the perfect tool for you to start out small, but allows you to grow very large while staying reasonable and easy to manage!

Automated email campaigns, in email graphic design that won't bog down inboxes, and scheduled marketing sets.

Learn more about MailChimp

MailChimp Videos

MailChimp Downloads

Learning about MailChimp?

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
MailChimp