MailChimp
Badge 1395888326

MailChimp

65 8.1 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

MailChimp Reviews (68)

I'm using MailChimp for a bootstrapped project. I chose mailchimp because it has the features I liked with flexible payment options. The big thing for me was the... Read More
Mark Halliday
MailChimp is easy-to-use and intuitive. One thing that I love about MailChimp is the out-of-the-box email templates - very beautifully designed HTML templates that... Read More
0 imoa6vo9s7nvhgrm3ddc6zsvssisxtim3wom6zaq5mcerlpj7eaje4senl 5bqovgspfd0pbkets
Joy Martinez, MBA

Fine for Turn Key, Painful for Customization

What do you like best?

A lot of the tools they've developed, the analytics and the integration is spot on. It makes it very simple to just login and get going without a lot of fuss, and it provides comprehensive analytics on how all of your campaigns perform. From an ease of use when using their templates, it's pretty much unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

When you want to deviate from their email templates, that's when the trouble starts. To develop your own template, you basically need to contract with them to have a MailChimp developer do it for you. Their solution is idiot-proof from a design perspective, that it's prohibitively difficult and expensive the customize outside of their pre-design templates.

Additionally, their content design for the templates leaves a lot to be desired. Unless you have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS, doing anything more complicated than typing and dragging boxes into different content areas is going to elude you. Their own WYSIWYG editor often adds in additional tags and styling for no apparent reason.

I and my team have lost literally hours arguing with the MailChimp design editor just trying to do the basic layout that we do every month. It's painful.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

This allows us to engage with our existing and potential customers over email -- currently on a monthly time frame. it's allowed us to announce launches of products and services, and just raise general awareness of my company.

New Design and User Interface Makes Email Super Easy

What do you like best?

MailChimp is a wonderful, user friendly ESP (email service provider) that provides professional looking templates that are very easy to use and update. The new user interface and customizable templates make creating one-of-a-kind, professional email campaigns a breeze, even for the non-tech savvy. And, for small to medium sized businesses looking to get started, the tool is free for all features, which includes everything you need to get started, for less than 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 monthly email sends.

What do you dislike?

While Mail Chimp is a great tool for small to medium sized businesses just starting out, the tool lacks more robust features that other tools include. However, it does include lots of features for a really good price (FREE) if your list is below 2,000 contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MailChimp is an excellent resource for small to medium sized businesses with under 2,000 contacts that sends less than 12,000 emails a month. This tool has everything you need to send professional emails that there is no need to pay for a more expensive tool.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

MailChimp has allowed me to create professional email campaigns for my start-up business without the need to invest in costly software or designs. With the new user interface and customization options, I'm able to do the designing myself.

Reviewed

Keeps in in touch with my followers

What do you like best?

I use MailChimp because it lets me send out an email anytime I post something new on my bog. It's an automated service so after I set it up I don't have to do anything. This way I never forget. It is pretty simple to use. You can use already made templetes or design your own. It's very easy to personalize the emails.

What do you dislike?

I have to admit I was pretty confused on how to work the whole thing at first. I made a few mistakes and sent out a couple of wrong emails. I was scared I was going to be penalized if I received to many unsubscribes. I was lucky and it didn't happen. I soon figured out what I was doing wrong and now it's runs very smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't using MailChimp you should be. If I can do it anyone can.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to send out an email when I have new content on my blog is huge! People have busy lives and need a little reminder to come visit my blog when I have seen a definite increase in my open rate and my daily blog traffic.

Super Versitile Email Marketing Tool

What do you like best?

This tool can be used for any organization that uses email as its primary internal communication tool, ie churches, volunteer orgs, large businesses, etc. It gives people the option to opt out. It's a solid tool for email marketing as well.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. This tool doesn't over-promise anything. It's basic, simple, and easy to use. There aren't a lot of fluffy features, but that isn't a bad thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can have 2,000 subscribers and send 12,000 emails for free before Mailchimp makes you pay for anything. Pretty great deal.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Mailchimp allows us test our emails using the open and click rate data it provides. We know which emails are ineffective and which emails are successful.

Validated Review

Easily build an email list

What do you like best?

I love that it is free. It makes email marketing attainable for small businesses that have no options and not a lot of money to spend to get started.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to use at first if you don't take the time to learn the system before sending an email it can make you look unprofessional. I would recommend using the templates to send your first email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly suggest you use the templates to get stared and take the time to learn the system before sending your first email.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I have been able to send professional emails to my clients through this system and keep in touch with potential customers without having to pay through the nose for an email marketing system!

Tags

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in