MailChimp
Badge 1417703253

MailChimp

111 8.2 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.

MailChimp Reviews (111)

• I'm using MailChimp for a bootstrapped project. I chose mailchimp because it has the features I liked with flexible payment options. The big thing for me was the... Read More
    0 d5pusveyegt5nwno7ijxsmz0ey5xnano7chxsmzgvulzwetet 2bij22krlvzdb62qo5coosrpgs
    Mark H.
    Administrator in Computer Hardware
  • MailChimp is easy-to-use and intuitive. One thing that I love about MailChimp is the out-of-the-box email templates - very beautifully designed HTML templates that... Read More
    0 imoa6vo9s7nvhgrm3ddc6zsvssisxtim3wom6zaq5mcerlpj7eaje4senl 5bqovgspfd0pbkets
    Joy M.

Do not switch to MailChimp from ANY other provider

What do you like best?

What do I like best? Hum .. the logo I guess. Not much else anyrmore.

What do you dislike?

Customer service does not know their own terms and conditions but seem to make stuff up on the fly. Even after I sent the T&Cs back to them they still answered with something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use MailChimp if you are with any other provider right now. -- Here's a quote from a rep: As per our terms of use, we require that any contacts imported into our database for sending, have gone through a complete and transparent opt-in process. This ensures that all subscribers have given written permission to send emails to them from our system(s). With that said, if you would like to continue use of our services, we would require a re-confirm process for those subscribers to guarantee that everyone on your list is opted in. Just in case, here is an article on the re-confirming process, and one on sharing your signup form which contains the full double opt-in process.

Essentially what they are telling you is to ASK YOU CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO OPT-OUT NOW!!!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

They did not solve any problem but created one for us and wasted a lot of our time.

Updated On
Validated Review

Staying in Touch with my list of 800+ contacts for Training Programs.

What do you like best?

It's the best way to keep in touch on a weekly basis with a list of more than 800 trainees regarding new training sessions, conferences, giveaways, updates and product releases.

Since I offer a free training program, a free way of sending emails to everyone is great.

What do you dislike?

Creating lists takes a bit of extra time, perhaps a more simple way of adding contacts to a list/group would do more justice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a trainer that does a series of free workshops and training sessions and want to spend your money wisely, Mail Chimp is a great option.

Also for a blogger just building his first 1000-2000 subscribers, the platform does a lot of justice.

The design templates are easy to use, just to get your message out there.

I'd go for paid version if you want something more advanced, but just for tracking opens and clicks and for delivering a message, it's definitely okay the free version.

The paid version allows you to customize everything, plus it goes really well with a "Get more updates" subscription button on the website.

Definitely worth checking out. The paid version starts as low as $10/month.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Teaching people how to start freelancing and earning an income online takes a lot of time and effort. The fact that they can subscribe to a list and just get a message in their inbox about a new training or conference/workshop saves me time and energy, while delivering results.

Conversion rate is always good through Mail chimp.

Good Product

What do you like best?

MailChimp stands out because of its intuitive interface and ease of use. The free plan is also really complete and may suit a good number of users.

MailChimp is the first Mailing client I used, and I have to say that its learning curve is quite low : I was able to use it with little assistance. When I encountered some basic difficulties, most of the time I was able to find relevant material from their support tab.

What do you dislike?

I think that their customer support can be a drawback for more complex features. Indeed, even if their help material is comprehensive, they do not propose phone support. I had issues when I had to set up Analytics and E-commerce tracking, I got stuck for some time before being able to solve the issue.

The other points that I did not really like are two missing features :

- One cannot send the same email campaign to different lists without replicating the campaign. They argue that it is for reporting purposes, but I have to say that it would have been really useful to have reports by lists with the same campaign.

- Duplicate emails cannot be identified across different lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key parameter to consider is your mailing list's number of subscribers.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use MailChimp for our mailing campaigns in order to promote our content and deals.

We therefore use it to increase brand awareness and to increase conversions.

For the first objective, MailChimp has been quite efficient. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case when it came to help us increase our sales' conversion rate.

Updated On
Validated Review

Robust and efficient source for sending automated and blast emails

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and use right out of the gate. Basic image editing within the site ensures graphics work within your message and in conjunction with text. Ability to develop templates, duplicate messages, and set default text allows you to maintain a consistent style and tone with each message you send.

What do you dislike?

Permission settings can be very limiting, so some users can see but not create distribution lists, folders, templates, etc. Permissions are very beneficial, especially allowing a limited number of users to actually send emails, but non-personalized user categories can add work for administrators when there is work that some users cannot do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free version, so signing up for that can give you a taste of what MailChimp can do. Many features are not included in the free version, but learning how to use the basic version can let you know if it will work for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

MailChimp has made is easier for us to see how all members will view our email and to address issues before the message leaves the door. The Inbox Inspection and Link Checker are easy to use but very effective in improving the end-user experience. Features like Social Cards and Subject Line Testing ensure that our message can avoid spam filters and catch the attention of our members.

Validated Review

Probably the easiest email marketing solution available

What do you like best?

MailChimp is very easy to use, so it is perfect for the beginning email marketer. The campaign set-up wizard walks you through every step of the process, and using the design templates, you can create campaigns quickly. I think even the first time I worked my way through it, I had a sample email ready to test in less than an hour. MailChimp provides many tutorials and articles that cover pretty much everything you would want to do -- they even suggest ways of working around some of the limitations (like the default email width and the number of test emails you are allowed to send) without having to dig into the code.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design defaults are pretty strict, such as the width of the email. You can change them in the code, and there are workarounds, but it would be nice to have an easy to alter these basic elements so that the emails appeared more customized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginning email marketer, this is a very easy program to get up and running quickly.

Problems solved -- Designing and creating effective email marketing campaigns

Benefits -- Good engagement, good campaign tracking

Tags

* We monitor all MailChimp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about MailChimp?