Mailgun

Mailgun has powerful APIs that allow you to send, receive and track email effortlessly. Built for developers, by developers.

Work for Mailgun?

Learning about Mailgun?

Mailgun Reviews

Ask Mailgun a Question
Showing 134 Mailgun reviews
Mailgun review by <span>Olaf L.</span>
Olaf L.

One of the best transactional email providers I know

What do you like best?

Most of all their control panel is very easy to use, just add your domain, add some DNS records and you're ready to go. They offer 10000 free emails every month, that's enough for regular emails. The log file is also very helpful to see where are problems. The support is very helpful and fast even if you run your account with free credits.

What do you dislike?

It's possible to receive emails while using Mailgun too. They don't have a mailbox, but you can forward the mail to your own email address. The spamfilter they are using for this service is much to low and many spam messages are forwarded too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a great SMTP transactional service, go for Mailgun. The first years I never paid a $ and got some great service. Tip! Add you creditcard to get more free options.

I use Mailgun for every email which is send from a website form to the owners email box. This way I don't need a mail server on each web server.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mailgun
Mailgun review by <span>Pankaj (Peter) T.</span>
Pankaj (Peter) T.

Great service for the entry level packages.

What do you like best?

If you are just starting out, you are most likely going to stay under 10,000 email per month limit of the free package. Don't have to pay anything. Other thing that I like is that you can add multiple domains.

Domain Verification and DNS are super easy. Reports tells you how many emails processed, delivered, suppressed, dropped, etc. and you can download reports in CSV format if needed.

Customer Service is great over live chat.

What do you dislike?

If you need a Dedicated IP address, price is way too high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the entry level prices and service is great. We also use other other service provider just for the backup.

Sending mass mails was a big problem before Mailgun, hosting service providers don't allow and domain/IP was getting black listed.

What Transactional Email solution do you use?

Mailgun review by <span>Jamie P.</span>
Jamie P.

Only keep logs for 30 days

What do you like best?

When it works, it sends email to people

What do you dislike?

Mailgun purges logs after 30 days so when you are mistakenly charged for sending 55k emails, despite having only 500 people on your list, as happened to me, they will throw up their hands and make you eat the cost. Customer service would not hear my side of it and refused to budge. In addition, adding members to a list occasionally fails which was causing my user registration to fail, resulting in users creating multiple accounts trying to sign up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid this company, due to billing issues, poor customer support and api issues.

Maintain mailing list of app users

Mailgun review by <span>Mike D.</span>
Mike D.

Best solution for transactional emails

What do you like best?

I love the pricing of mailgun, you get to send 12.000 free emails each month without any limits on sending per day or per hour. The service uptime is outstanding, the API is well documented and easy to get started with. All in all a good service that I highly recommand.

What do you dislike?

I use mailgun only for transactions emails, and I don't have any complaint.

The benefits are that mailgun is working 99.99% while my own mail server may shutdown or encounter any problem preventing it from sending emails, I relay on mailgun to send the most important of my transactions email.

Mailgun review by User in Computer Software

Great service for broad email support

What do you like best?

The interface with Mailgun is great, and everything is generally easy to find. I also enjoy the variety of services available for tracking emails, issues, and resolutions. Also Mailgun is always very responsive when we need their assistance with a problem and are quick to communicate details and help get everything taken care of for us.

What do you dislike?

While I don't use the entire system in my area of the business, what I do use can have some frustrating quirks, like slow loading times or a graph obscuring some of the page. Small stuff that is mostly personal preference at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should give this system a try, as it should satisfy the needs of a variety of businesses that wish to monitor outgoing emails to clients. Features are broad and support is very responsive.

We can update our clients on the status of our email service, as well as troubleshoot issues for them as to why our email messages aren't being accepted by direct customers.

Mailgun review by <span>Andrew U.</span>
Andrew U.

Works fine, until it doesn't.

What do you like best?

The system itself works as advertised, it's when (not if) your IP pool gets blacklisted that things become a problem. Easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Customer Support is some of the worst I've ever seen. Over 24 hours to respond to a ticket, no real answers, puts the problem on you, the user.

We were delivering e-mails perfectly fine for 4 or 5 months with bounce rates of about ~2% daily. All of the sudden we were moved to a different IP pool citing our bounce rate was above the 5% threshold. Checking the logs, our bounce rate was fine until we were moved to a different pool, where we were seeing bounce rates of 15%-40% daily.

Asked to be switched to a different IP pool, no response. Asked for a dedicated IP, 36 hours later, a response moving us to a stable IP while we discussed Dedicated IP talks. In the 36 hours it took them to respond I found a different ESP, setup the server, and started sending mail through them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful of the IP pool you are placed in. Without warning they can switch you and cause your emails to drop.

We were sending out transactional emails for our proofing system which requires back and forth communication between us and the customer.

Learn more about Mailgun

Mailgun Videos

Learning about Mailgun?

* We monitor all Mailgun reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.