Mailshake

(36 reviews)

Mailshake is a tool for cold email outreach for sales and marketing.

Work for Mailshake?

Learning about Mailshake?

Mailshake Reviews

Ask Mailshake a Question
Showing 36 Mailshake reviews
Mailshake review by Gaurav H.
Gaurav H.

"Super Easy, Super Effective"

What do you like best?

It is simple. I am a fan of apps that do one thing very well. Mailshake fits the bill because it does cold email outreach really really well. It is very easy to use, very intuitive. No unnecessary bells and whistles.

And even with this simplicity, their feature to personalize emails for every user is phenomenal. Gives you complete control and makes cold email tasks less time-consuming.

What do you dislike?

I would like the following features,

- a central list for all the contacts that have been added as part of the campaign.

- would like the ability to add a follow up to a drip message

We started using Mailshake for Cold emails. And now we also use it to send nurture emails to our prospects. We love the ability to personalize email messages. You define a template email cadence and then go through each recipient and personalize their message. It is simple and effective.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mailshake
Mailshake review by Monqiue P.
Monqiue P.

"Send cold emails with ease"

What do you like best?

Mailshake is amazing for our business. We already had a list of a few hundred potentially interested clients that we collected from our landing page. We could have imported them into MailChimp or MailerLite, but that would be overkill. Plus we only needed a plain text email and preferred doing a drip campaign. It was so easy to put everything into an excel spreadsheet, upload it to Mailshake, and get emails sent instantly. Plus it works straight out of Gmail!

What do you dislike?

Mailshake could add another email provider on top of Gmail. Gmail limits you to about 500 emails a day, so if you need to send more than that, you're out of luck.

We have been able to reach and follow up with hundreds of interested individuals and have gained leads that we were able to convert into deals. Email is ancient, but at the same time the future!

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

Mailshake review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"A Company Who Cares about your success almost as much as you!"

What do you like best?

I was sceptical at first. Thinking no this is just another platform for me to spam connection. But after using it once I was blown away by the results. I had an average campaign, that yielded some good results. But what was more amazing, the fact that one of the team members spent the time to create a video reviewing my campaign and gave me some great help!

What do you dislike?

At first, it took me a little bit to understand, as any platform does. Their customer onboarding took care of that really quickly.

Leads, we need more leads. (As does everyone).

Even if our campaign failed (Which is didn't) I would still recommend this service. Because one of the team will jump on and help you become successful. For the price, we pay we don't deserve any attention. But the team doesn't care if you pay 1,000 a month of barely anything they are always there to help out!

Mailshake review by Augusto A.
Augusto A.

"Wouldn’t use any other option"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and design.

Their support, I asked them a couple of questions and they got back to me quickly.

What do you dislike?

Can’t think of much. Honestly. The design is very nice and I haven’t had any issues so far. But this is just my particular case

Before using mailshake I was using separate tools for my email marketing and it was all fine at the beginning, but when campaigns and lists start to pile up, it was really hard to keep track of what’s going on. With mailshake I know exactly where in the process each email I send is at any moment, and it gives me real time feedback on my campaign and suggestions when I’m composing my emails !

Mailshake review by Brian Bojan D.
Brian Bojan D.

"Great email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and Zapier integrations, they are absolute game changers. Mailshake is efficient way to reach out to your potential backlink vendors.

I love the design, simplicity and intuitiveness. Their educational courses are on-point, and I strongly suggest you take advantage of them early.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit steep, especially for startup businesses. The value is there, but in the first few months of learning how to utilize it, there is awful much money wasted. Especially complex for busy entrepreneurs that are tackling multiple projects at the same time.

There is a learning curve to making this work, that goes beyond just software features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot!

Cold emailing for the sake of backlinking. It really streamlines that backlink acquisition for the SEOs. If you are an SEO that does outreach, you will definitively get the benefit of using Mailshake.

Zapier integration will also prove to be quite effective, and can allow you to merge your sign up forms and your email marketing campaigns.

Sequences can help you stay on top of your link providers on auto-pilot.

Mailshake review by Gareth E.
Gareth E.

"Mailshake - Just works"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, multi-user access, great reporting and interface. It is very easy to use and train staff in the software. The whole design is simple, extremely friendly with all the tools I need.

Most important is the deliverability and open rates on email. A lot of this is down to the quality of the list, but I have no issues as it connects directly to my legit google business account to send.

What do you dislike?

About the platform, really hard pressed to find anything, I think the limitations and price are very fair. Being very nitpicky, I would like to see some pre-formatted campaign reporting or summary notifications in the future, and further integration with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software any day of the week, though it is smaller than alternatives, is simply worth it for the best ease of use and interface alone. It makes it so easy to train new staff, enabling you to automate and scale your projects!

Being able to schedule and automate sequences in other time zones is huge. Absolute godsend software. It completely takes the pain away from my team having to worry about the delivery method. We can very quickly build an outreach project or re-engagement with this tool.

Mailshake review by Fletcher R.
Fletcher R.

"I'm in love with Mailshake"

What do you like best?

Mailshake is amazing. We are using it for outbound email and getting outstanding open rates and reply rates. We also use it for emails to users during the trial period of the product - I love how it automatically pauses people when they have replied to a message. The link tracking that points to a subdomain is an amazing feature too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it would pause not just drips but also new emails when someone replied. I also wish it was easier to pause all the contacts at one company and generally manage outbound to different contacts at one company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's by far the best cold outreach software there is. Hands down.

Mailshake is our go-to tool for outbound cold email as well as converting trial customers down the funnel.

Mailshake review by Vlad V.
Vlad V.

"A simple but effective tool"

What do you like best?

Perfectly set up tool that never whacks you. I used to work with the other cold outreach tools, and they all had one feature: lots of functions, and not a single works properly.

Mailshake does not have an automated email scraper, but it does a great job in setting up the campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Inability to edit the templates outside of the campaign, and integration with Zapier sometimes makes me sad. I'd better make the direct integration with the Google Sheets via API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research the ways to create the email lists and check their Cold Outreach Academy, that will give you very valuable insights and highlight the possible mistakes.

Cold email outreach, guest posting, link building

Mailshake review by Mara D.
Mara D.

"Simple, easy, and has room for improvements"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Mailshake is its simplicity and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is oddly partly what I like best about it. The simplicity is just too simple for my needs, sometimes but thankfully, I've noticed some upgrades/improvements on the platform. I just hope we can save our own templates instead of duplicating campaigns. There is also an issue I keep experiencing with message format where I duplicate a campaign and always need to correct the format of the messages. Also the need to check on what email account the campaign is to be sent from AFTER setting it up can be easily missed. It all gets time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a huge list of emails/recipients and using Gmail, Mailshake is limited.

Sending campaigns, reaching out to hundreds of potential leads and current clients is made easy.

Mailshake review by Aman c.
Aman c.

"best for cold outreach "

What do you like best?

Mailshake uses our google accounts for sending the emails which is the best feature of the tool. Its advanced autoresponder gives the ease to schedule 3-4 or 5 follow ups in a single campaign. Recently they had added new email templates and more advanced features to launch a successful campaign. with its analytics, you can put your eye on every small fluctuation in your campaigns.

What do you dislike?

As there is nothing much to dislike, but sometimes your campaign automatically paused. most of the time its very time consuming to validate the whole configurations to restart the campaigns. apart from this issue rest is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best tools for outreach. if you are also a marketer and hate to do the outreach then this tool is the right pick for you which can help you a lot. The initial configurations are very easy, once connected with your Gmail account you can start sending your email campaigns. inbuilt email templates become very useful when scheduling your follow up emails. Now mailshake has features, where you can set the conditions on behalf of them your follow up email, will send. frequency plays a crucial role when you are associated with email marketing or outreach inside Mailshake you can set your frequency too...

the biggest problem with cold outreach is getting the response on your email but with follow-up schedule of Mailshake make the cold outreach easy.

Mailshake review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Simple and usable with few trade-offs for functionality"

What do you like best?

Ease of setting up messages and editable messages in very personalised campaigns.

The look'n'feel of the interface is very clean, actions are obvious and easy to follow.

List cleaning service built-in makes this easy.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is no 'recurring' trigger (time based) for repeated emails. I am looking to set this up via Zapier or IFTTT. It's not unusual, most competitors don't have it either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, get the pro version and use it with a team.

Use Zapier to get additional functions that are usually only available in more expensive email / crm apps

Servicing clients on follow-through programs: Benefits: Saving time and reliability and repeatability of campaigns.

Mailshake review by Matt L.
Matt L.

"Top tool for direct outreach in bulk"

What do you like best?

Mailshake makes it easy to contact prospect lists on specific campaigns as an email from a person, straight from your inbox. Our use case is in B2B marketing and SDR -- we have found it a great tool for driving engagement when paired with the right messaging,

What do you dislike?

Very minor - would like to see the amount of recipients in each list when uploading multiple. It also would be great if formatting started with the right font size vs having to apply, or maybe a clean-text hrml editor to paste direct code with clear formatting.

Mailshake is the best tool I have used to drive interactions with prospects in the B2B space through SDR or market development services.

Mailshake review by Stanley C.
Stanley C.

"A core essential in our sales and marketing plans"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use. Drag and drop contact list, automatically notify me of recipients who are affected by a separate campaign (And remove them quickly with a click), easy to build templates.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything for now based on the specific purpose of usage we look to achieve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review other platforms and make a decision based on your need. However, the potential ROI greatly outweighs the cost. So its a need rather than a want.

Sending out sales campaigns

Mailshake review by Roshan J.
Roshan J.

"Straightforward platform & great support"

What do you like best?

Simple straightforward platform.

Great support - free review of the campaign.

Great blog, although that could be a bit better, although giving free advice is not their business.

Pricing is very competitive as well.

What do you dislike?

Tracking link clicks - they provide this feature but then they say this could get negative marking from google but then how do other companies do it. Maybe everyone faces this issue but only these guys are upfront about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot if you want a straightforward cold emailing platform that works.

Getting more clients.

Mailshake review by Ellen R.
Ellen R.

"A great tool for your outbound marketing needs!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily use the old fashion csv file, mail merge it with their easy to use interface then incorporate the data into our CRM.

The service has been great!

What do you dislike?

I don't know how to easily connect with my CRM but will figure it out, at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out on the free version - it's great!

We use it for current customers as it is EASY to customize our messages to customers with this - all text is all we need.

Mailshake review by Sean K.
Sean K.

"Mailshake fills a valuable need"

What do you like best?

I Am brand new to marketing and when I learned from my marketing consultant that there was a tool that could do what meal shake can do I was blown away. I've been able to import all of my LinkedIn contacts and my Gmail contacts to let folks know about my emerging business and it is working

What do you dislike?

This really is not a super robust platform. It's pretty simple. So I wish there was a cheaper option for very small businesses

reaching out to cold emails

Mailshake review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Great software that cuts out alot of the lugwork"

What do you like best?

I think the best thing about the software is that you can use multiple aliases.. This means i can target multiple emails to different clients,

What do you dislike?

The main annoyance is that we can only see when someone has viewed an email only once..

Recommendations to others considering the product

its very simple to use and you should, at the very least give it a go.. they also have great blog and webinar resources to help educate the community on cold emailing

it saves so much time from doing it manually,, that was its major benefit for me.

Mailshake review by User

"Automation tool that doesn't automate process"

What do you like best?

Only good thing is that it is not hard to use

What do you dislike?

I use Mailshake for emailing and my experience with it is terrible. First, it is breaking all campaigns (even scheduled), second out of office reply is counted as potential lead so it doesn't send follow-ups to those people. Third thing is that email support@mailshake.com doesn't work, just form that I dug somewhere but that is not the end. On my question why it breaks initial campaign and information that their email is not working I got an answer 'can you tell me when you wrote us since we want to ensure that we answer....' typical support answer but without reply on my problem. I wrote a couple of time since then and I am waiting for 20 days, no answer. So, an automatic tool that doesn't automate a process and without support. I would never go into such an adventure again. Paying for nothing, it doesn\t worth even a penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want automation tool that is so buggy that processes are not automated and support that is not answering to you (even though you are paying for it) then Mailshake is the great choice for you.

Sending emails faster

Mailshake review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Easy to use, great simple way to send out email chains"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up rules for different email chains, and track the open and bounce rates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - it's been great so far. We love mailshake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try out this product if you want to send out sales emails.

Mailshake has given us a way to send out many emails and make them look personalized and professional. It saves our reps a ton of time.

Mailshake review by Cam L.
Cam L.

"Just works... and great support"

What do you like best?

I like the customize-able fields so that I can speak directly to a bunch of clients or get cozy with new ones.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes forget to properly clean my lists before I'm about to send and need to go back through the whole download .csv list process... no biggy as the content all matches up afterwards

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use MailShake in conjunction to another Mail service. Because it personalises things so well I make sure I protect my lists on Mailshake and if I send out something that is likely to get me blocked, I use the other service.

Contacting our client-base and following leads

Mailshake review by Junior L.
Junior L.

"Excellent Service & Software"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the easy use of the software. It makes writing emails more fun & I really enjoy using Mailshake everyday. The customer service is also very good. They are so responsive when getting back to you. The support is there 100%.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is honestly nothing at all.

Being able to write, track & improve my emailing.

Mailshake review by Thomas O.
Thomas O.

"The most flexible autoresponder"

What do you like best?

Easy upload of lists and easy editing of emails.

What do you dislike?

Inability to edit lists once uploaded but the workaround is to edit the source list and upload it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the only product I know of that allows you to edit emails in the queue to go before they are sent, and I mean individual emails, not email templates.

Autoresponders are great tools for any business as they can save a huge amount of time and effort.

Mailshake review by User

"Simple & Smart Email Outreach Software"

What do you like best?

User interface is simple & intuitive. Takes only minutes to set up a campaign and very easy to track results.

What do you dislike?

Really don't have any comments here. It's been the top option for email outreach that our team has tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for your next campaign and you'll be hooked.

Tool for email outreach. We wanted a tool that would easily allow us to filter out leads in a drip campaign (based on replies) like Mailshake does

Mailshake review by Johnny J.
Johnny J.

"Ease of use, great outreach tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and produces results. Works with G Suite out of the box, so powerful email.

What do you dislike?

Not anything. I like that you guys keep improving it.

Outreach and cold emailing has always been a pain, but no longer.

Mailshake review by User

"Still learning the tool, but mail campaigns coming together"

What do you like best?

Sending out 2000 emails with drip, tracking, and follow up working well

What do you dislike?

I wish the ability to see all clients was easier without having to constantly click the show more button - have an option to open all leads on a campaign

Also wish you could search a name without having to open each a campaign

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it out for the 30 day trial - it's worth it

Reaching out to multiple leads with 5 or 6 email drips

Mailshake review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Cold Emailing On Autopilot"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like is that it's very easy to use and easy to connect your Gmail Accounts

What do you dislike?

not much really. Maybe find more targeted cold leads. Not able to connect other email providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My title says it all. If your a marketing company looking for fresh leads, then MailShake will make it easier for you.

In my business I'm always looking for fresh leads to serve to. With MailShake has made it easy

Mailshake review by David B.
David B.

"Best all around cold email tool"

What do you like best?

For the price, this is the fastest webtool to inbox... be up and running in only a few minutes

What do you dislike?

The scheduling tool could use a bit more work.. but it is VERY powerful once you understand it

Getting new customers! I generate new leads every day

Mailshake review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Great solution for cold emails"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Good content regarding best practices.

What do you dislike?

Analytics could be better, some limitations in the email cadences you can create.

Using it for efficient outreach to prospects

Mailshake review by Agency
Agency

"Excellent intuitive product "

What do you like best?

My ability to analyze large email drip campaigns and find information such as click rates, opens, and any generated leads all from mailshake.

What do you dislike?

Mailshakes funtionality when it comes to formatting on the templates.

Reaching a large audience quickly, saving emails from getting bounced/marked as spam, and connecting with leads.

Mailshake review by User in Computer Software

"Best platform for sales outreach"

What do you like best?

Mailshake is easy to use, and offers everything you could possibly want for functionality while keeping things simple

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything to be honest! Mailshake offers great value.

Mailshake makes it easy to run outreach campaigns and collect data surrounding performance

Mailshake review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product -- especially for blogger outreach"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely intuitive and easy to "figure out"

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike yet. I have found the system extremely easy to use and very effective.

I am using Mailshake for clients who either need bloggers to blog about their product or who need guest bloggers for their own blogs

Mailshake review by Nick B.
Nick B.

"Beyond happy"

What do you like best?

How helpful everyone is when I have a question. This tool is hands down the best investment I’ve ever made.

What do you dislike?

It’s all great so far so I don’t think I dislike anything yet

Time. It has saved me sooo much time

Mailshake review by Administrator

"Great simple tool for outreach"

What do you like best?

Super simple interface. Really easy to create and manage email campaigns. Great statistics

What do you dislike?

Not all replies are aways picked up. Stats refreshing can be a bit faster

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump right in! Super easy to setup and create mail campaigns.

Handling email outreach to cold leads.

Mailshake review by User in Computer Software

"Great price, simple and effective software"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use. It's great for testing messaging and running different outbound drip campaigns to lists.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike. Their updates are always awesome.

Automating drip campaigns and measuring effectiveness

Mailshake review by User in Internet

"Easy to use and effective if utilized properly"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to upload emails and send them with a personal touch.

What do you dislike?

It can be limited sometimes and customer services is very slow

Being able to send lots of messages at once.

Mailshake review by User

"Really good product and amazing customer service"

What do you like best?

I like the practicality and way it solves a real problem

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest, it really is great. I think they should be able to make multiple timezones for different campaigns though.

I wanted to be able to market in an efficient way to qualified leads and set up a sales call

Learning about Mailshake?

* We monitor all Mailshake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Mailshake