Maintenance Connection

Maintenance Connection is a computerized software solution that allows you to track work orders, asset management and preventative maintenance to help you manage your maintenance.

Work for Maintenance Connection?

Learning about Maintenance?

Maintenance Connection Reviews

Ask Maintenance a Question
Showing 27 Maintenance reviews
Maintenance review by Manuel L.
Manuel L.

"More than we expected!"

What do you like best?

MC is so intuitive and easy to use while providing the functionality needed to run daily equipment and facility operations. Asset management and work order modules are solid. The reporter module makes it extremely easy to extract and analyze data.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version could use some work. It's a work in progress and has come a long way from a few years ago, but the difference between the desktop and mobile versions keep our technicians from using it. Also ideally we should be able to use the mobile phone cameras to scan bar codes, currently this is not possible. Two way communication between requesters and MRO users needs to be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT! It's so versatile and feature rich I'm sure it will exceed your expectations.

Daily work requests, preventative maintenance, inventory tracking. Maintenance Connection has been invaluable in justifying equipment replacements, end of life costs, tech training, and currently we're in the process of integrating it with our document library. We are also exploring the possibility to integrate it with our building management system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Maintenance Connection
Maintenance review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Great Maintenance Request, Asset Tracker, and Preventative Maintenance program"

What do you like best?

We have an enterprise environment of over 18000 users, and 150 sites. The best part of this program is the user interface on both the requester side, as well as the super user / technician side.

Its very easy for users to submit a request. And its very easy for our maintenance technicians to complete work orders. There are also a bunch of custom settings and buttons we can add to make it specific to our organization.

What do you dislike?

Some of the default templates have a ton of information that I wish we could remove. This is definitely not a big deal, but it would be nice to remove some of the buttons and features we dont use to clean up the user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend a thorough discussion with your vendor partner. We brought forward how our organization is broken apart, and how we would want the software to run. The partner then designed the system with that in mind, and showed us how to use it. Well worth the investment we spent for the 'training' fee.

We are able to add assets into unique site locations, tracking maintenance and money spent on assets. We are able to then link work orders to assets to make better and more responsible decisions when it comes to repair vs replace.

Easy way for our users to submit maintenance requests; IE "light bulb out" to "heating isnt working in x room".

What CMMS solution do you use?

Maintenance review by A A.
A A.

"MC is a good choice!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and customer service is pretty good. MC does go out of their way to help make sure that we are happy with the project. MCU is a great additional feature for people trying to get more out of the application. I can personalize the application based on how each site we implement will use it.

What do you dislike?

No after hours support and not enough releases/improvements made within any given year. MC's inconsistent performance on RF guns and while it is good to cater to smart devices, let's not forget how traditional warehouses operate. The LDAP is not built for more than a hand full of databases--so it is difficult to maintain or use when you have a larger number of databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good overall product that is very easy to adapt to and support is very responsive to questions and issues. All the training courses available on MCU are very useful, although first-time users may get a little confused since it is dependent on them understanding the application and modules already .

Moving from a paper-full equipment inspection workplace to a paperless one. One stop tracking of inspections across multiple sites and very easy to implement.

Maintenance review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"MAINTENANCE CONNECTION REVIEW- "

What do you like best?

With my experience with MC the asset management utilization is the most helpful aspect, there are also great add ons for creating work orders and creating purchase orders. the user interface is very friendly and can be used on my phone my ipad or wherever I am on the go to get my job done. I am not happy that I can use in chrome.

What do you dislike?

previously I could only use MC in internet explorer which was not very helpful for me as I am on call 24 hours a day and have to lug my computer with my but now I can use my I phone or ipad so I can really be anywhere and able to order parts or view work orders, there are not many other issues I can think of at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are more features I wish were editable by the user verses sending them to MC and also wish some came standard.

I am glad we have MC for the fact that we can run amazing reports on our medical assets and see what we are spending and see if we are billing accordingly as well as creating purchase orders for our vendors and work orders to complete the techs jobs efficiently and effectively.

Maintenance review by Ali M.
Ali M.

"MC is the main part of my work life"

What do you like best?

- Filtering and finding your intended work orders is always possible, even if you have a little info about the work order. (For example just knowing part of the description or requester name on a specific date!). So I can find the status of every work order I need.

- Providing different types of customizable reports is a real positive point.

- Using MC, I aware of all works done on a typical work day. It is very important for me as a maintenance planner.

- It is really easy for me, as a maintenance planner, to create preventive maintenance work orders at their due date.

What do you dislike?

I think the appearance of software could be better. With a better schematic, the user will enjoy more of working with it. I extremely believe it is the context should be worked more on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my idea, MC is the most ideal CMMS software for those who are investigating available choices. With more than 3 years of experience of working with MC, now I'm really happy that MC has became the main part of my work life. It motivates me to find its features and use them more efficiently.

I can track work orders at any stage and realize the problems of on-hold work orders. Generally MC helps me a lot to complete the work flow of a work order as soon as possible.

Using report module, I can find the critical work shops and monitor their activity.

Maintenance review by Todd L.
Todd L.

"CMMS Done Right!!"

What do you like best?

Web based access, ease of use, and very adaptable to our working environment. I also love the mobile express and how easy it is to use. We can now have pictures added to our work orders. With the mobile units you can complete work orders from the field in a very short time, and it all goes directly into the database to be recalled whenever needed.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. We have just implemented your system, so we are still working out what works best for our work flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use a CMMS system for your business or City, this is the product.

I work for a municipality, and a lot of times a customer or citizen will report a problem, and continually call back to see if it has been rectified, with the MC we can now check instantly on the status of a problem, and get back to the person with information on the problem or complaint. Being able to have the mobile version has allowed us to also cover ourselves by taking pictures of the repaired area of complaint, to prove to the customer that the problem has been resolved. It could prove beneficial to have that information in a court of law, as you know City's get sued all the time, and it would be nice to be able to call up a particular file when needed, instead of thumbing through filing cabinets full of paper.

Maintenance review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"MC user"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of it. It is only one page and very simple to use. There are follow up emails that allow me to see my submission and also receive updates from facilities. It is a good system to use instead of our former emailing system in which you could track as well. You can attach photos to supplement your requests, which could be very useful if you cannot find the words to describe it or to help facilities identify the issue in a quicker manner.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to have default settings for the location instead of having to go through the drop down menus each time. If it could remember my location or if I could set it or have abilities to save locations into a "favorites" list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple to use and not a long drawn out severy

A lot of our issues are safety related (as in preventative measures) and also maintenance requests to fix things, to remove items or equipment and tool maintenance. It is a system that seems to be working well for our site. We have safety walkthroughs every month, so any issues from lightning, electrical or plumbing can be address. As well as issues arise during tasks or walking by such a ergonomic or tripping hazards can be dealt with.

Maintenance review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Maintenance Connection - Easy, Efficient, Excellent!"

What do you like best?

The ability to get basic information in quickly and ramp up at a speed that works for your group was the most attractive feature for us. We started with building and room info and now have automatic assignments working. Next will be the consumables inventory. Every year we use more and get more out of it. as a user, I tend to rate things in the middle unless there is something special about it. I give MC very high ratings because it is deserved.

MC is also very easy to use. As a university, we get a new population in our halls every year and with a short demo of how to submit a work order, hundreds of new freshmen do it successfully the very first time. It is also easy for the users using MC Express on tablets to receive their work orders instantly (a big time saver if your buildings are spread out), record their time and materials and move on.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The software performs as advertised and we have even been able to interface it with our resident management system. The last upgrade solved one of the few complaints which was foreign language support. Several of our employees are not native English speakers and it was a great improvement to have Spanish and other languages available for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since we receive Federal funding, we have to be Section 508 compliant (all software must be accessible to everyone regardless of disability). MC worked with us to complete their VPAT so we could get through the procurement process as quickly as possible. Remarkably, the software was so well designed that they were compliant from the outset, we just had them document it.

Their "expert" employee model is a great idea. Every customer has the expert they need and there is a specialist somewhere in the company who can help you or answer your question completely.

Customer support is fabulous, Very fast and thorough! Sometimes i wait to ask a question when we are really busy because i know someone from MC will be getting back to me in a very short time, ready to try to reproduce the problem and either fix it immediately or escalate it to the expert that can help! We had a few issues that were solved very quickly.

Being the IT person on our team, i'm not sure of the pricing and ROI, but our financial folks were delighted when they compared costs with other systems. From the user end, if cost were no object, I think we would still select MC for the ease of implementation, flexibility and usefulness of the product.

We had been evaluating using the same software as Facilities and the planning was in the second year with very little progress when we decided to try something else. We evaluated several similar products but this one far outshone the others.

Completely doing away with paper, capturing accurate costs, having a reliable inventory and doing all the work records in the field using MC Express gives us great visibility and tracking. Using a structured system allows us to collect analyzable data that we can use to improve and streamline what we do and how we do it.

Maintenance review by Cory H.
Cory H.

"Easy to Use, Friendly to operate and good support ."

What do you like best?

Everything is at your finger tips, If used and set up properly you can manage, forecast and track all Assets, We have maintenance people that are not good at computers and they have found using the system easy with a little practice and are comfortable using different aspects of the program.

What do you dislike?

So far I have no dislikes, it was easy and simple to set up and get operating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program to use and operate any size of maintenance program. It will help you safe dollars and justify dollars being spent and increase your quality control of service and maintenance being provided.

Tracking man hours on projects and tasks to material inventory on site to minimize stock levels to a acceptable levels. Stock rooms work great to know where material is in case if parts are need else where that we can prevent excess down time by transferring or sending the right service truck to complete the work.

Maintenance review by Josh N.
Josh N.

"My experiecne has been great so far and comes with high reccomendations. "

What do you like best?

The ability to manage preventive, reactive, and proactive maintenance with the ability to report anything you want.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system is slow. I'm not sure if it's Maintenance Connection's IT infrastructure or our company's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Maintenance Connection to customers It's easy to use and very beneficial when tracking key improvement indicators.

Repetitive breakdowns allow us to put in long term corrective actions to eliminate the downtime.

Also, tracking peoples hours allows you to see what your direct reports are doing on a daily basis.

Maintenance review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"review"

What do you like best?

The features and details are very thorough. I can find just about all the information I need.

What do you dislike?

when there is a lot of network traffic, it really slows down. Some of the java has issues with Internet explorer versions and such. Also, the reports are not always clear and easy to get the important data out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides much more detail than other operating systems.

tracking completions, history, and staff performance are really improved.

Maintenance review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Maintenance Connection is the best, and they build it for you."

What do you like best?

The ease of entry and reporting on data.

What do you dislike?

Processing time when creating a WO, and during startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just realize that you work on assets, they need WO's and you need to analyze how that's working for you. MC will facilitate and inform you of those assets and work being done on them. Machinery or Customers, assets drive our business.

Example, paperless parts requisitions. Quicker response, and better tracking.

Maintenance review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"Powerful and User-Friendly CMMS"

What do you like best?

Streamlined and easy to use data entry. Almost all of your information can be collected in a single process instead of having to jump around from window to window or pre-fill data in one part of the program so that it's available for the work order module.

What do you dislike?

Some information is difficult to access. For example, the vendor info can only be seen from the inventory portal - finding it on its own is clunky. User-Defined Fields are great but are not integrated into the printable portion of the work order. Size restrictions on images is also cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By far one of the best CMMS products on the market.

The system makes our field technicians more accountable of the hours they are spending on maintenance requests. It also allows us to accurately track how much time is dedicated to projects.

Maintenance review by Susan B.
Susan B.

"Fantastic Customer Service and easy to use system"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of access and the training videos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is too much of a lag if you type too fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the videos in their Library, they are very informative!

Timekeeping for employees for their jobs is hard to manage. With MC, you can log it in real time providing employees put their true time on their work orders.

Maintenance review by Stace C.
Stace C.

"Maintenance Connection is great"

What do you like best?

I like the rich user interface and easy to use administration functionality

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point. I really like the product so far from what i have seen and used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the tablet options to allow updates right on site...

we kept track of regular maintenance checkup to ensure they were being completed, which in turn extends the life of our parts.

Maintenance review by Administrator

"administrative reporting and work order function"

What do you like best?

the ability to run a wide range of reports, the calendar view for work order assignments, the format features for different types of work orders, mc mobile

What do you dislike?

Less asset based, two screens that pop-up on MC6, MC mobile does not allow fraction materials entry, lack of dynamic searching on MC6, there are a limited number of format conditions that can be assigned this should be unlimited for al "shops"

street maintenance and repair requests. Works really well with parcel driven work orders in regards to running reports, viewing maintenance history etc...

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Best Customer Service EVER!"

What do you like best?

The program is seamless - it really meets every need of the facilities department and beyond.

What do you dislike?

The chat feature is hit and miss, not always available. Chat is my go to because I have a busy office and talking by phone is not always easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the training, learn all of the things this program can do, its powerful!

Just staying on top of the game all the time - never getting behind in PM work. There are many layers to this program that I am discovering every day.

Maintenance review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"My view on Maintenance Connection"

What do you like best?

That is has a ticketing system to create work orders to send out to my team for projects that we will be building.

What do you dislike?

As I realize that this tool really does not meet my needs of building out the tower sites like other software I have used but then again that is not the purpose of this software but my company is using it as such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really do your due diligence work on your information that you are trying figure out the best way to resolve issues. using the correct software really needs to be evaluated closely

This just gives a platform for those of us involved on a project be able to see what has been done out in the field on getting this project completed

Maintenance review by Harvey G.
Harvey G.

"MC Use Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and tracking Maintenance efforts.

What do you dislike?

Lack of control. It would be nice to have more control of settings.

Keeping track of PM's and reducing down time through the application of preventative maintenance.

Maintenance review by David R.
David R.

"Maintenance Connectioin is a power management tool for your Maintenance and MRO programs"

What do you like best?

The asset tracking and part association. History of your equipment and easy of evolving the PM's.

What do you dislike?

if you have atypical shifts hard to schedule. We run two day and two night 4 days on x 12hr shifts. MC can not adapt to this

Recommendations to others considering the product

invest in training before trying to implement

Parts inventory and the ability for techs to find the part they need

Maintenance review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great program... great customer service"

What do you like best?

LOVE the customer service. My company has used Maintenance Connection for over 8 years and we have never had to wait for support. Timely and always professional. Functionality of the program is easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

Much of reporting centers around target dates and we don't use it for that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Preventative Maintenance and work order tracking in a manufacturing plant

Maintenance review by Duane G.
Duane G.

"Light Footprint but Deep Power"

What do you like best?

MC delivers functionality comparable to a tier one ERP product for a low cost with an easy implementation and an ease of use. Indeed, many ERP systems don't do everything MC delivers.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike! So far the product has met all our expectations!

MC allows easy tracking of maintenance for OSHA and PM purposes.

Maintenance review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Awesome assistance in helping organize and track across the U.S."

What do you like best?

MC has awesome customer service - ready to help manipulate their program to fit how your business functions.

What do you dislike?

With their popularity, not receiving the instantaneous assistance as we have in the past...but then, patience is a virtue.

Keeping track of 800+ sites across all 50 states - location, equipment at site, issues happening

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"St Francis Healthcare System"

What do you like best?

its a good software for PM an work orders

What do you dislike?

expensive and the add on modules and users should not be charges, we cannot get it to work on smart phone devises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get the training

tracking preventive maintenance and work orders

Maintenance review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Mugh needed applicatio"

What do you like best?

The work order system. It provides more flow than previous.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like everything that it provides.

Accountability

Maintenance review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Use it everyday"

What do you like best?

The auto generated daily updates help me keep an eye on our warehouses

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to search for multiple work orders and / or the notes sections are not user friendly

Keeping track of work orders, ensure the work has been completed

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Maitenanc Connection is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like everything about maintenance connection.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes. Just that we don't utilize program to its fullest.

Healthcare use in a hospital.

Learning about Maintenance Connection?

* We monitor all Maintenance Connection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.