Majestic

Majestic is the worlds most comprehensive source of backlinks information. Their Site Explorer provides Competitor Link Intelligence to SEO specialists.

Work for Majestic?

Learning about Majestic?

Majestic Reviews

Ask Majestic a Question
Showing 45 Majestic reviews
Majestic review by <span>Sam G.</span>
Sam G.

"Great data and a useful API"

What do you like best?

Majestic offers more backlink data than any other tool I have user, with reliable quality metrics that let you quickly gauge a score for individual links, as well as the overall quality of any website's backlink profile. It's easy to use and fast, with downloadable reports and CSV files

What do you dislike?

The API can be very confusing as there are lots of different calls that sometimes overlap, so it can be difficult to figure out the number of calls required for your needs. The naming of these calls sometimes changes in their documentation, which makes things even harder to understand.

Majestic is a tool that I use all of the time, for both their online tool and the API. We use it to help our customers to get a feel for how well their backlink profile stacks up against that of their competitors, as well as showing them which links may be more harm than good.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Majestic
Majestic review by <span>Dave C.</span>
Dave C.

"Majestic and its TF CF factors"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Majestic is the Trust Factor (TF) and Citation Factor (CF) numbers - as of right now, they are the MOST accurate SEO numbers in the industry. Back in the day, it used to be Moz's DA PA, but they have stopped updating it and most of the time it gives of erroneous numbers that mislead.

I also LOVE their Chrome plugin which allows me to quickly see the TF CF of any site I am currently on. Bravo!

What do you dislike?

I have only 2 issues with Majestic, one small and one larger:

1. (small) It's not exactly a pretty or well-designed site. Pretty archaic in its appearance - unlike its competition.

2. (large) While Majestic's blog is pretty excellent, they fail to provide adequate, easily found PDFs or training to help new people understand what TF and CF is, and other functions that are useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand what TF and CF really are. It's not so much about how high they are...but where they are together. I'd not suggest a cit that has a TF of 21 but a CF of 2 or vice versa. I'd rather see them about the same. So a 16 and 16 would make me happy.

This helps me choose which places to guest post, which bloggers to network with and ultimately, where relationships should be built. Furthermore, it helps me to track my own site, where Majestic thinks I am in terms of trust and citation ratios, and helps me see what backlinks are pointing to my website. Another important feature for me is the anchor text ratio. That little pie graph helps to make sure I am not over optimized and helps protect me from potential penalties.

What SEO solution do you use?

Majestic review by <span>Scott E.</span>
Scott E.

"Essential tool for link building, SEO, and online success"

What do you like best?

You could almost use Majestic for everything as it helps you to monitor a website's online presence. Search engines rely heavily on links still, so it's essential to know what's working and what's not, being able to compare your website with others, discover new linking opportunities, and fix problems.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools aren't intuitive, but Majestic has easy videos, tutorials, help files, and even live account managers who will walk you through whatever you need help with. Someone called me from their headquarters in England and has followed up with real life, practical examples to help me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're brand new to SEO or link building, get an account rep on the phone and get a guided tour. Otherwise, you can also do a self-guided tour with their help tutorials to get started. Make sure you sign up so you can track progress with their new campaign manager tool and analyze competitors over which you don't have control.

Any drop in keyword rankings or traffic could be the result of links. Majestic helps me to easily identify good links, potentially harmful links, competitor strengths, and even supply great reporting insights to my clients so I can tell them what I'm working on. I've helped clients avoid penalties and realize better traffic to their site through insights from Majestic.

Majestic review by <span>Kathleen L.</span>
Kathleen L.

"Quick and Easy Technical SEO"

What do you like best?

The Chrome plug-in is the quickest and easiest way to get a quick overview of a client or competitor's website authority according to backlinks and referring domains.

What do you dislike?

The metrics differ from other technical SEO tools. This is easily overcome by comparing data within a tool rather than across tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Chrome extension. It is an excellent quick reference tool; I have used it in client meetings to answer data-based questions with immediacy.

Competitive research for online marketing / SEO; identified new opportunities for back linking and content marketing

Majestic review by <span>Eugene F.</span>
Eugene F.

"Great tool for analyzing backlink profile"

What do you like best?

The fact that links are grouped into types and the fact that they have trust and citation. Those two metrics alone give me a tangible number to grasp onto to be able to gauge the quality of the backlink profile of our site. At the same time I can do the same thing for our competitors to figure out where we should be looking for our next link building campaign.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times the tool will tell you you have bad links but it has no idea at the fact that you dissavowed them so you have to be conscious about the fact that this is not true just for your site but for all sites it monitors. In other words the numbers across the board are impacted and I have to cross check against our list every time I do a site cleanup. I also wish their was a way to integrate this software with our google search console to really capitalize on evaluating your backlink profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly use this software but make sure you couple it with other data points to get the big picture since they do not crawl the entire web.

Evaluating our backlink profile and that impacts all SEO efforts. The fact you have a way of monitoring your site through trust and citation is fantastic. Overall it's telling me if I have the right links on an aggregate view of the system.

Majestic review by <span>Greg M.</span>
Greg M.

"Tool that Satisfies an SEO's Link Research Needs"

What do you like best?

Majestic.com has been a premiere link building service for me for the last couple of years. I have used it to look into key link metrics when analyzing my own links as well as client links. The "trust flow" and "citation flow" are famous in the link building world and majestic coined these terms. Majestic really provides me with great insights to the type of link research I need.

What do you dislike?

The one main thing I don't like about Majestic is that the update doesnt come in that frequently. I will be building some links for a month or so, and they dont start to populate into majestic's database for weeks afterwards. So its hard to engage more instant gratification when doing link building and research.

Also, it is very easy for websites to block the majestic bot from crawling the site. Therefore getting truely accurate link data can be hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want to dive into a great backlink software, then I recommend majestic.

I am a seasoned SEO professional, so I am looking to gain more organic website traffic with majestic. By analyzing the links, I can see what my competition has done in regards to online SEO PR and duplicate their processes to get the job done.

I have benefitted from these problem solving by becoming a more established marketer within my network and have gained better business intelligence for the clients that I am working for.

Learning about Majestic?

* We monitor all Majestic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.