What do you like best?
In the best case and the worst case scenario, Malwarebytes is the perfect partner of the other antivirus solutions. We know the reputation of software like Kaspersky, Intel security, Panda, Symantec, Avira, Avast, eset and others, but they do not cover enough when it comes to other threats. Even in recent web threats we can rely on the engine and Malwarebytes database when a heuristic antivirus or security suite is not enough. Malwarebytes is effective even in its free version, however it is not an antivirus and antivirus as a companion requires to have a reliable security on our computer equipment.
What do you dislike?
When a default installation is done this is charged at the start of the system but causes the computer to slow down. Sometimes in newer computers you can even get to lock your computer by their resource consumption. Of course also must analyze some variables such as computer power, running services and number of infections. Sometimes it is delayed for updated and may crash when displaying the results of the analysis. The malwarebytes could improve if you added some features such as:
Individual analysis of browsers, individual analysis of email clients. Analysis discharge browsers or even analysis and reporting of P2P clients.
Recommendations to others considering the product
1) Check and stop some services of your computer this help to malwarebytes to run faster
2) Scan at same time with your antivirus solution you will find more threats.
3) Before you start scanning, kills explorer task This will allow the scanning job done faster and that the malwarebytes can eliminate certain types of threats without having to reboot your computer.
4) Perform a restore point in windows before running
5) Try to clear the cache and temporary files as well unnecessary. This for malwarebytes, you can scan faster and really necessary.
6) Remember to update browsers after scanning with the malwarebytes
7) Check for Windows Updates and Security Center are working properly.
8) Update the computer in all aspects, windows update, Office updates, Antivirus Updates, Driver Updates and of course update malwarebytes
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I belong to a informatic Outsourcing company that serves many other companies and can honestly say that Malwarebytes is a good acquisition.
Malwarebytes is very useful because it is a combination of a good database, search patterns and heuristics. Malwarebytes gives the wearer confidence and peace of mind when using it and to protect our team from certain threats and even new. Just enough to keep it updated. It works great on any operating system from Windows XP to Windows 10 and even works well in type equipment server from Windows Server 2013 to Windows Server 2012. Even given the support is a great software support and security on outdated operating systems like Windows XP and windows server 2003 for which no updated software that is compatible and good. In short Malwarebytes is a very good investment to give extra security to our teams of our antivirus indifferent and capabilities. It is important to note that should properly configure the antivirus before installing them to not cause conflicts with installing malwarebytes.