ManageEngine Password Manager Pro

3.6

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.

Work for ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?

Learning about ManageEngine?

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Reviews

Ask ManageEngine a Question
Showing 21 ManageEngine reviews
ManageEngine review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Useful but still requires the use of flash for certain features"

What do you like best?

I do like the simplicity of adding an asset and the ability to create multiple resources for an asset. We also use it in combination with RSA to use 2 factor authentication when connecting.

It also integrates with our AD environment which is a huge bonus cause it eliminates the need to manage multiple accounts.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe with the software is that for some of the features to work, like copying password to clipboard, only works if you have flash installed. Since flash is a huge security risk we do not get to utilize the full feature set which I feel could be expanded and written in HTML5 or something much newer. It seems they may have tried to over simplify the UI and in doing so created a highly complicated mess of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it needs to do. It isn't the flashiest or the best available but for the price it does what it needs to do and considering some of the more advanced features aren't available with similarly priced products

The software really helps in keeping track of the thousands of passwords we have for various systems. It works when when all the systems have randomly generated 20 character passwords.

There is an option to change the password from within PMP itself but this feature requires us to punch additional holes into the firewall so we haven't tried it.

Has the ability to use 2 factor authentication

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
ManageEngine review by Martijn D.
Martijn D.

"Great product, World Class Support Team!"

What do you like best?

The pricing model of the product is very good, the best I've seen. The product works great and with issues you can count on the support team of ManageEngine. They know their product and help you in every way they can. We even had a custom patch fixed for us in a day. Never seen this kind of commitment to a customer ever before.

What do you dislike?

I tried hard but cannot think of any. I am one happy and satisfied customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some bullets to keep it simple:

- Enterprise class solution with lot's of features

- Doesn't hurt the wallet as much as the other vendors out there

- World class support (fast and good)

- Integration with Devolution's Remote Desktop Manager

We want to improve our security by storing our internal passwords as well as our customers passwords in an encrypted vault. This usually means strict procedures and a diminished end-user experience. With this product we also improved the end-user experience. PMP integrates with our Remote Desktop Manager Solution from Devolutions which means for the end-users the change was really none.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

ManageEngine review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"A bit non-intuitive, but works very well."

What do you like best?

For the price, this product cannot be beat. It does most, if not all, the same things as the fancier (and much pricier) competitors. I configured it to discover AD computers and users. During this discovery, it finds local services and scheduled tasks on every server, running under service account privileges, whether local or domain. For some AD user accounts (service accounts) it is rotating them on my various schedules. For all domain computers, it is rotating their local accounts on different schedules. It is doing everything I had Thycotic Secret Server doing at 1/4th the cost.

Their support is willing to get on webex's fairly quickly to walk through and resolve issues, even including developers to really dive into the weeds. Fixes/patches have been quick to be released on issues thus far.

I also love that it can be a jump box where I can force users who want to RDP to a server, to do so thru PMP. They must use PMP, browse to the server in question, and PMP will launch an RDP session for them. Plus, it records their session. Excellent!

What do you dislike?

I might have been biased coming from Secret Server, which I found very intuitive, but this product uses terminology and some steps I just find not intuitive and confusing. I think their owner/sharing/permissions strategy is flawed, which makes the configuration overly cumbersome. Resources must have owners (which I think is a flaw), but if that Resource is part of a group owned by someone else, things like password reset get wonky and probably fail. I've just made every resource "owned" by the same account to solve the problem. However, I feel like my role based access control is now broken in that if other admins were to start adding Resources, it would quickly get messy. Luckily I don't have that problem but I can see it happening. This "owner" concept also is a bad idea because what if an owner leaves the company, now someone has to go into PMP, find all Resources owned by that guy, and re-assign. It's a pain and would just be better without the concept of an owner, but merely using permissions/RBAC to control access to Resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sweat the off shore support, those guys are good. I think it's an Indian company anyway so technically they are not off-shore from where the company is.

Can't speak for the API stuff, but I would say it matches everything Secret Server does, albeit in a less intuitive manner.

The main problem solved is password managed / privileged user access. Local server accounts and domain privileged accounts were rarely, if ever, rotated as no one knew where the accounts might be used. PMP automatically discovers those links and handles them all. I've also used this tool to forcibly negate other admins from storing passwords in other, non-approved methods. Since PMP rotates passwords very frequently, in some cases daily, the other non-approved methods are quickly out of date and admins are forced to use PMP to get the latest password.

ManageEngine review by Steven R. M.
Steven R. M.

"Excellent resource"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation and management. I inherited a very out of date version of this application. It was easy to migrate to a new server and to keep patched and up to date. It is great to keep passwords for devices, external sites, internal application accounts all centralized. We even have this server as part of our DR and have failed over ran for a month and failed back with no issues. It is easy to use and easy to maintain. Overall it is a great product.

What do you dislike?

They send out emails when major releases are available. It would be nice to have some level of alerts when minor versions are released. It would also be nice if when new versions are released that they have cumulative update instead of having to run through each release version individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product easy to use. If you want it as part of DR. have local database so you can migrate or recover the whole virtual machine.

All passwords centralized for DR. All System passwords and device passwords stored in case of turnover or unavailability. Ability to share on a individual or by group level.

ManageEngine review by Pete P.
Pete P.

"Review of ManageEngine Password Manager Pro"

What do you like best?

Password Manager has taken us from a safe full of password folders to a centralized, encrypted database of passwords that can be shared with individual users or defined user groups. Its integration with Active Directory make password sharing extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have revolves around creating resource groups, you have to do a small hack to do it correctly. First you create a group and put a fake resource in it, then you add the real resources and delete the fake one. You cannot add real resources during creation and you cannot create an empty group. I may be saying this slightly wrong, but neither I nor my smart admin can figure out another way. Please open a feature request to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A safe full of passwords on paper with painful controls like tamper seals on password envelopes and manual access logs.

ManageEngine review by Internal Consultant in Investment Management
Internal Consultant in Investment Management

"A lot of Bang for your Buck"

What do you like best?

Price ( very functional for the price ). If you have the time this product will probably do everything you need at a fraction of the cost of a competitor product.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to work out how to do it securely and some limitations in the product that need to be worked around. It's very easy for someone to mess this system up completely, analogous with setting up an open share and storing your passwords in clear text. An admin who does not know how to do it properly could share the password to everyone. Having said that maybe all products are like that, i.e. no safeguard to stop you being stupid.

Support could be better they do not have a ticketing system so you cannot track your issues. They do seem to respond and resolve issues with the product quickly though so no real complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dell TPAM - hardware based. If you have the money this could be the one!

Regular change of local admin passwords whilst being able to control access to the hosts. Auditing of access to passwords. 3rd party access.

This was very easy to set up and get running and made our environment both easy to manage and more secure. Most security products make life more difficult, security comes at a price. PMP centralises your local admin password management and makes access both easy and secure. It's no brainer for this at this price point.

ManageEngine review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Useful password management without complexity"

What do you like best?

We are a small shop so we don't need advanced features like automatic password updates and access request & approval systems. PMP is simple and user friendly, it allows us to securely store our passwords and share them within our organization. The interface is highly configurable we can add and remove fields as well as very specifically manage access to the resources.

What do you dislike?

The interface targets larger shops with regularly changing passwords and systems. We really just need one step up from a password protected excel file.

We are enabling our development and operations teams to get access when they need it and are able to enforce password complexity without degrading usability.

ManageEngine review by Said Y.
Said Y.

"Powerful application for managing enterprise passwords"

What do you like best?

Centrally managed passwords.

Auto reset passwords

reporting

What do you dislike?

1- There is no real super user. So, super user can't move resource groups from user to another

2- Can't check Web access, and many other resources. Like: Wireless lan controllers, Firewalls, etc...and thus reports for passwords validity are not accurate

3- You can't rotate master key in Professional edition, which I think is a mandatory best practice

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grant more privilege to is no real super user.

Add more devices to be checked from PMP

Add the ability to rotate master key

Administrative accounts usage problem has been solved by PMP

ManageEngine review by William J.
William J.

"Reliable Self Service Password System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, have been using it for years now to hold all of our service account passwords. People love the way they can go in and help themselves to shared passwords and the admins love the fact it audits everything the users do!

What do you dislike?

Due to some of the web features used in the product we have found the product is not always compatible with every browser sometimes having to revert back to Internet Explorer of all things!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve Browser support across all platforms.

Safe storage and sharing of service account passwords for entire institution. PmP has been superb for us in moving from a simple paper based system locked in a cabinet to an extremely safe and secure online system where people can help themselves to passwords whenever they need them.

ManageEngine review by Doyle W.
Doyle W.

"I found Password Manager Pro to be all that it was designed to be."

What do you like best?

The fact that the passwords are well defined and stored in a centralized vault.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. It does everything I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. The ease of use will allow you and your peers to stay on top of the many passwords we use on a daily basis.

The fact that Standardized Local server passwords are kept in a centralized location. That way if an technician moves on to other jobs or positions, The passwords do not leave with him. or her.

ManageEngine review by Brent H.
Brent H.

"Great price and feature set"

What do you like best?

The price is a lot lower than most of the competition.

What do you dislike?

Password manager Pro acts differently in different browsers. Adding additional admins is $400 + $100/year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small budget and a need for a password management solution, I don't think that there is a better product out there.

This replaced a very out-dated password management solution. We can now see who has accessed passwords, when they were last changed, and who has access to certain passwords.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A lot of work for very little benefit."

What do you like best?

The concept of a way to automate service account password changes in an environment where multiple people are involved with changing and monitoring them. I did not feel the product executed that concept, however.

What do you dislike?

We had a lot of problems getting it to work, found that features we expected were not part of the release we installed and then ran into more problems trying to upgrade the package. It was confusing and just did not work at all like we expected.

Honestly, after fighting with the product for several weeks, it made our old fashioned Excel spreadsheet manner of tracking service account changes look good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother unless you spend a LOT of time working on service account issues and updates because you will lose so much time setting up and testing this product that your current model probably will probably look just fine in comparison. A secured spreadsheet listing service accounts, servers used, date of last password change, and current password is actually pretty time and cost efficient compared to the care and feeding of a dedicated and complicated server application.

The product solved zero problems for us and we quit using it after a few months of failure in getting it to work.

I like many of the other ManageEngine products and originally felt good about adding this to our list of services but I feel this particular product was not ready for release when we purchased it and its long list of supposed benefits don't outweigh the complexity and problems the product caused. Even if the product if vastly improved at this stage, I want no part of even re-resting it.

ManageEngine review by Administrator

"Best tool for Privileged Account Management (PAM) and Password Management "

What do you like best?

Pricing of the product is very good than other products which does the same thing. PMP has been ticked all of the boxes we required. i have reviewed 3 products prior to this but none of that worked well as PMP does, neither they are cheaper..

What do you dislike?

I didn't see any major drawbacks of the product other than it does not have SANS CSC 20 reporting function. i have raised this with manage engine team and they said it will be included in the next feature release.

-Privileged Account Management.

-Password Vault

ManageEngine review by John T.
John T.

"Effectively solved our problem for compliancy and was pretty easy to implement."

What do you like best?

It allowed us to integrate everything we needed to maintain PA/DSS compliance. This included two factor authentication and not letting most of our users see the passwords as part of the connection.

What do you dislike?

I think that it could user a little easier central management. Overall it is pretty straightforward though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a basic but efficient way to manage passwords and keep them secured in a way that meets most security specifications. also very easy to keep updated and backed up.

It was initially implemented in order to be compliant with security standards for payment applications. However it also centralized our credential management which made things easier to find.

ManageEngine review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Review for one of the best product in the industry"

What do you like best?

Its many, Here listed few.

> Pricing and Licensing model is good.

> Light weight application it uses very less hardware.

> Adding resources in few minutes using csv file.

> Stores passwords in encrypted database with High availability.

> Password Manager Pro is an easy tool for everyone like IT and Non-IT (Management).

> Encrypted HTML Password file for Offline access.

What do you dislike?

I Can't find anything, If someone finds let me know.

Most of the time stored password differ from actual because of manual process.

Managing resources passwords automatically as per policy it saves more time of IT resource.

We have accountability who and when used resources.

Very easy to manage service accounts.

ManageEngine review by David G.
David G.

"Dose what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is very easy to use and setup

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing to complain about with ManageEngine Password Manager Pro

Recommendations to others considering the product

As already stated it is easy to use and does what it says on the tin.

Self service to Domain accounts

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great place to keep all of your passwords"

What do you like best?

Ability to keep all your passwords in one location, and the ability to setup users to share with.

What do you dislike?

Search feature is a bit messy, and not user friendly, as well as editing password resources once created. Once a resource is created, it is very hard to find the right area to change or add account username and passwords.

Keeping our passwords up to date, and in one place. It has helped reduce the need for resetting passwords.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Clunky interface and not user friendly"

What do you like best?

The search function works well, it is secured with ssl

What do you dislike?

-The console does not work well in chrome

-There is no cloud option

-it is very difficult to train other users to use the product for anything other than searching for passwords

-It is hard to setup favourite passwords

-managing groups is cumbersome and difficult to standardise

-the console does not feel smooth, it feels like something written 5-10 years ago

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a steep learning curve to get it off the ground.

We were using an old password management system that is no longer supported and would not run on later operating systems.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Good product for password management"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and locate passwords. Provides HIPAA compliance. It provides us a way to share passwords securely.

What do you dislike?

Would like it to be easier to change passwords if needed.

Able to store and share passwords securely instead of using a spreadsheet. Before we purchased this software we had it stored on a shared drive.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"its a pain as compared to Keepass"

What do you like best?

i dont like it.

i prefered KeePass

creating resource and trying to serch for existing reosurse is a pain

What do you dislike?

so difficult to create reousrces and share it with your team

Recommendations to others considering the product

please make sure you understand how to use..or elde would make your life difficult

no benefits yet

ManageEngine review by Administrator

"Good password manager. Does what we need."

What do you like best?

Anytime we had problems, the support team fixed them very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Searching within the interface can be difficult at times.

Central repository for passwords.

Learning about ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?

* We monitor all ManageEngine Password Manager Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.