ManageEngine Password Manager Pro

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.

Work for ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?
Lastpass  pricing   2x

Learning about ManageEngine?

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Reviews

Ask ManageEngine a Question
Showing 21 ManageEngine reviews
ManageEngine review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

Useful but still requires the use of flash for certain features

What do you like best?

I do like the simplicity of adding an asset and the ability to create multiple resources for an asset. We also use it in combination with RSA to use 2 factor authentication when connecting.

It also integrates with our AD environment which is a huge bonus cause it eliminates the need to manage multiple accounts.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe with the software is that for some of the features to work, like copying password to clipboard, only works if you have flash installed. Since flash is a huge security risk we do not get to utilize the full feature set which I feel could be expanded and written in HTML5 or something much newer. It seems they may have tried to over simplify the UI and in doing so created a highly complicated mess of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it needs to do. It isn't the flashiest or the best available but for the price it does what it needs to do and considering some of the more advanced features aren't available with similarly priced products

The software really helps in keeping track of the thousands of passwords we have for various systems. It works when when all the systems have randomly generated 20 character passwords.

There is an option to change the password from within PMP itself but this feature requires us to punch additional holes into the firewall so we haven't tried it.

Has the ability to use 2 factor authentication

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
ManageEngine review by <span>Martijn D.</span>
Martijn D.

Great product, World Class Support Team!

What do you like best?

The pricing model of the product is very good, the best I've seen. The product works great and with issues you can count on the support team of ManageEngine. They know their product and help you in every way they can. We even had a custom patch fixed for us in a day. Never seen this kind of commitment to a customer ever before.

What do you dislike?

I tried hard but cannot think of any. I am one happy and satisfied customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some bullets to keep it simple:

- Enterprise class solution with lot's of features

- Doesn't hurt the wallet as much as the other vendors out there

- World class support (fast and good)

- Integration with Devolution's Remote Desktop Manager

We want to improve our security by storing our internal passwords as well as our customers passwords in an encrypted vault. This usually means strict procedures and a diminished end-user experience. With this product we also improved the end-user experience. PMP integrates with our Remote Desktop Manager Solution from Devolutions which means for the end-users the change was really none.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

ManageEngine review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

A bit non-intuitive, but works very well.

What do you like best?

For the price, this product cannot be beat. It does most, if not all, the same things as the fancier (and much pricier) competitors. I configured it to discover AD computers and users. During this discovery, it finds local services and scheduled tasks on every server, running under service account privileges, whether local or domain. For some AD user accounts (service accounts) it is rotating them on my various schedules. For all domain computers, it is rotating their local accounts on different schedules. It is doing everything I had Thycotic Secret Server doing at 1/4th the cost.

Their support is willing to get on webex's fairly quickly to walk through and resolve issues, even including developers to really dive into the weeds. Fixes/patches have been quick to be released on issues thus far.

I also love that it can be a jump box where I can force users who want to RDP to a server, to do so thru PMP. They must use PMP, browse to the server in question, and PMP will launch an RDP session for them. Plus, it records their session. Excellent!

What do you dislike?

I might have been biased coming from Secret Server, which I found very intuitive, but this product uses terminology and some steps I just find not intuitive and confusing. I think their owner/sharing/permissions strategy is flawed, which makes the configuration overly cumbersome. Resources must have owners (which I think is a flaw), but if that Resource is part of a group owned by someone else, things like password reset get wonky and probably fail. I've just made every resource "owned" by the same account to solve the problem. However, I feel like my role based access control is now broken in that if other admins were to start adding Resources, it would quickly get messy. Luckily I don't have that problem but I can see it happening. This "owner" concept also is a bad idea because what if an owner leaves the company, now someone has to go into PMP, find all Resources owned by that guy, and re-assign. It's a pain and would just be better without the concept of an owner, but merely using permissions/RBAC to control access to Resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sweat the off shore support, those guys are good. I think it's an Indian company anyway so technically they are not off-shore from where the company is.

Can't speak for the API stuff, but I would say it matches everything Secret Server does, albeit in a less intuitive manner.

The main problem solved is password managed / privileged user access. Local server accounts and domain privileged accounts were rarely, if ever, rotated as no one knew where the accounts might be used. PMP automatically discovers those links and handles them all. I've also used this tool to forcibly negate other admins from storing passwords in other, non-approved methods. Since PMP rotates passwords very frequently, in some cases daily, the other non-approved methods are quickly out of date and admins are forced to use PMP to get the latest password.

ManageEngine review by <span>Steven R. M.</span>
Steven R. M.

Excellent resource

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation and management. I inherited a very out of date version of this application. It was easy to migrate to a new server and to keep patched and up to date. It is great to keep passwords for devices, external sites, internal application accounts all centralized. We even have this server as part of our DR and have failed over ran for a month and failed back with no issues. It is easy to use and easy to maintain. Overall it is a great product.

What do you dislike?

They send out emails when major releases are available. It would be nice to have some level of alerts when minor versions are released. It would also be nice if when new versions are released that they have cumulative update instead of having to run through each release version individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product easy to use. If you want it as part of DR. have local database so you can migrate or recover the whole virtual machine.

All passwords centralized for DR. All System passwords and device passwords stored in case of turnover or unavailability. Ability to share on a individual or by group level.

ManageEngine review by <span>Pete P.</span>
Pete P.

Review of ManageEngine Password Manager Pro

What do you like best?

Password Manager has taken us from a safe full of password folders to a centralized, encrypted database of passwords that can be shared with individual users or defined user groups. Its integration with Active Directory make password sharing extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have revolves around creating resource groups, you have to do a small hack to do it correctly. First you create a group and put a fake resource in it, then you add the real resources and delete the fake one. You cannot add real resources during creation and you cannot create an empty group. I may be saying this slightly wrong, but neither I nor my smart admin can figure out another way. Please open a feature request to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A safe full of passwords on paper with painful controls like tamper seals on password envelopes and manual access logs.

ManageEngine review by Internal Consultant in Investment Management
Internal Consultant in Investment Management

A lot of Bang for your Buck

What do you like best?

Price ( very functional for the price ). If you have the time this product will probably do everything you need at a fraction of the cost of a competitor product.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to work out how to do it securely and some limitations in the product that need to be worked around. It's very easy for someone to mess this system up completely, analogous with setting up an open share and storing your passwords in clear text. An admin who does not know how to do it properly could share the password to everyone. Having said that maybe all products are like that, i.e. no safeguard to stop you being stupid.

Support could be better they do not have a ticketing system so you cannot track your issues. They do seem to respond and resolve issues with the product quickly though so no real complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dell TPAM - hardware based. If you have the money this could be the one!

Regular change of local admin passwords whilst being able to control access to the hosts. Auditing of access to passwords. 3rd party access.

This was very easy to set up and get running and made our environment both easy to manage and more secure. Most security products make life more difficult, security comes at a price. PMP centralises your local admin password management and makes access both easy and secure. It's no brainer for this at this price point.

Learning about ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?

* We monitor all ManageEngine Password Manager Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.