ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Run your IT with a complete web-based, ITIL-driven Help Desk & Asset Management tool.

Work for ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus?

Learning about ManageEngine?

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Reviews

Ask ManageEngine a Question
Showing 142 ManageEngine reviews
View Original

"ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Help Desk"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
ManageEngine review by Mohamed Hamdy E.
Mohamed Hamdy E.

"ManageEngine ServiceDesk plus best ticketing system solution "

What do you like best?

I like working with ManageEngine ServiceDesk plus as it the best solution for ticketing system,

It cover all your need to fit in your working environment. I'm using it since 5 years, and i can say clearly it is powerful software for the tickting sytem, it contain asset discovery, projects, task, technicians, requester, work flow, change managment, and email notification. And this not all the feature it has more than this, i recommend it very much to replace any other ticketing system. The setup and use is easy. Support is fast and professional

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention, it is great and professional application for ticketing system

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application very much you will be extremely satisfied

It is ticketing system, change managment, asset explorer, software license adding, workflow, projects and reports

What Service Desk solution do you use?

ManageEngine review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"ServiceDesk Plus Organizes the SysAdmin Life!"

What do you like best?

For the most part, ease of use. We went with the Enterprise version and I have difficulty with using certain features (ie. Change Management & Projects), due to the amount of information to put in or my lack of experience in those areas. The collection of information in one interface is nice (ie. Requests, Solutions and Asset Management are the three main features I value most. The Service Request feature is great, many information choices available for tickets.

What do you dislike?

With the product, there's not much I don't like. I just wish I had more time to learn some features we purchased and put it to better use. What I use daily (Requests, Solutions and Asset Management), I like a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We used the free edition for awhile. But, as our team grew and device count grew, as well as my responsibilities. The need for more features became necessary. If you're on the fence about going with ServiceDesk Plus, just try it free. You'll grow to love it.

Organization of requests, solutions and asset information. Before ServiceDesk Plus, we had no knowledge base and requests were handled mostly through emails that I was getting lost in. It was hectic and unmanageable. Now, my team relies on ServiceDesk Plus and about 95% of our customers (internal) place requests using ServiceDesk Plus. Which is much more manageable than email, phone calls and walk ups or "by the way"...

ManageEngine review by Zachary H.
Zachary H.

"Favorite Help Desk Management Software"

What do you like best?

I love that Service Desk is more than just ticket management. It allows you to manage users, inventory, and projects. So I'd say one thing that I like the best about this is that the fact that it's multi-functional in it's use. It's extremely easy to use and integrates with Active Directory which is a huge plus. The ability to email from the application or from Outlook for instance and track correspondence is a nice feature as well. Overall I'm very happy with this application.

What do you dislike?

The ability to add custom triggers on ticket submissions. This feature is lacking. When someone submits a ticket that has specific keywords I would like the ability to customize replies from the system based on those keywords.

Or when I get assigned a ticket for instance I would like to setup custom replies from the application as well.

The ability to customize is not all there, but I have seen a lot of improvements in the most recent updates and I would imagine feature updates like this are coming soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are on the upward swing with updates recently. I have been very satisfied with their support.

Computer management, warranty status, even the ability to print bar codes aside from the standard ticket system abilities makes this a huge win in my book.

Using this application allows us to manage our information technology team as well as keep our end-users updated on ticket statuses. The communication problems are always present in business environments. Service Desk steps in and helps by making it extremely easy to keep everything from users and inventory, to ticket status, and project involvement up to date so everyone can see and be a part of this.

The benefits from this are is that it reduces call volume are current tickets. People aren't calling to check on the status of their tickets as they can just login to Service Desk or check their emails to find out the status.

ManageEngine review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review"

What do you like best?

We have a ticketing system now! It's nice to have a central location for users to email and have it automatically generate tickets. I think the end users appreciate having an interface where they can see the status of issues that they've raised.

What do you dislike?

Not terribly intuitive. Need HTML email! My boss doesn't like the interface. Says that it's too busy and that it's just "too much". It would be nice if the automatic emails that get generated were a little prettier than just normal text. Maybe that's something that I'm just missing and can go back and explore further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful product for any size business.

We started using ServiceDesk Plus about a year ago and have finally rolled out a ticketing solution to our users. It works well so far for us but the interface seems too busy and is not very intuitive for admins to navigate. It's nice to have one dashboard though for all of our department to see what issues are coming in rather than everyone just keeping their own handwritten notes.

ManageEngine review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Lightweight Cost - Heavy Impact"

What do you like best?

SDP fits neatly into our budget and yet delivers features and functions that have transformed our support service delivery that would have cost us thousands more over the years that we've used this product.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally new releases have caused minor issues by creating new bugs or unexpected product behavior but the SDP support team is VERY responsive to these concerns and has minimized the impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SDP has allowed us to dramatically improve our service delivery through the use of SLA tracking, knowledge base features, live chat, and reports that help justify staffing levels and identify technology needs and trends throughout the organization.

SDP is the foundation upon which our department has been able to quantify the work being performed, justify staffing levels, and identify trends and strategic technology needs for the organization.

ManageEngine review by Barry W.
Barry W.

"ManageEngine - Service Desk Plus"

What do you like best?

We utilise ManageEngine - Service Desk Plus not only within the IT department but also across the wider business. We find it a flexible tool to be able to log, track, maintain and report on incidents and issues.

It has a clean look & feel and is very intuitive.

Also when we have a technical issue we get a good response from the ManageEngine support team with a remote session quickly established if required

We are currently looking at their cloud based solution to replace the onsite server.

What do you dislike?

If i was looking for an area of improvement then sometimes we outsource some of the more intricate reports to our QlikView system - this allows drill down whereas the standard reporting within the system is sometime a little limiting

We have one platform for logging tickets & calls for multiple areas within the business. The system is used by IT - for the service desk... Facilities - For the building maintenance... Catalogue Teams - for logging and tracking changes to the catalogue and also Customer Services for customer enquiries etc....

ManageEngine review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Simple Ticketing service"

What do you like best?

We use ManageEngine for our I.T. Ticketing. It allows us to customize the ticket for a simple user friendly experience for the client. Where they can submit exactly which applications is giving them issues. As well as letting us know whether or not the internet is giving them problems. It seems to be a fairly stable application. We keep it updated and the recent patches are stable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike about it, is that any issues with ManageEngine typically require a reboot which is not ideal during business hours.

The problems we are solving is, ManageEngine gives us a ticket service where someone can email Helpdesk and it will automatically add a ticket for helpdesk to reach out.

ManageEngine review by Sergey K.
Sergey K.

"Good Servicedesk software with many features"

What do you like best?

Good ticketing system that covers all bases and is customization some what.

What do you dislike?

Terrible update process. If you run out of license time, it is a huge pain in the butt to upgrade and get the database on the same level. Expect day of downtime for your techs. Also user responses when resolved closed/are bit confusing when sent to email. Doesnt have handling for tech to respond from their own email to a ticket, this would be a wonderful feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all options on the market. Maybe there is a better designed UI for helpdesk software out there that is more intuitive and straightforward. We dont touch about 90% of the backend.

It solves the need for tracking user help requests. A service desk helpdesk solution that tracks user tickets and ties in nicely to LDAP in AD.

ManageEngine review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"A powerful helpdesk and ticket management system"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. Many of the items are very intuitive and user friendly and don't require a lot of training to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

Some of the items don't apply well to our business and to my knowledge they are not removable. It would be great if these items could be turned off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully review all of the settings when completing the initial setup. This is key to get it up and running properly. If possible get someone well versed in the software to assist with the initial setup. It will make things much, much smoother.

We solved the big problem of being able to document our time and projects in a system that would easily allow our financial and operations team to pull it out, invoice customers and keep things organized.

ManageEngine review by Administrator

"Help Desk and Service Desk Loaded with Features"

What do you like best?

The software is really smart. It is easy to pull information on scanned assets and see a quick summary. It is easy to see the history of an asset and what types of tickets have been created related to that asset. The software allows for a lot of customization. This helps cater the program to fit your own individual needs.

What do you dislike?

Since we are a small IT team, the product can also have too many features that make simple things seem like a daunting task. The software can also have glitches every once in while.

We have been able to track tickets in one place. We have also been able to assign users to specific assets. It becomes easier to track who owns or is connecting to specific assets. We also have a lot of computers and it helps the IT team know what software has been installed, how much RAM, model information, Service Tag info, etc. This has helped us keep this info centralized.

ManageEngine review by Saad Ahmed K.
Saad Ahmed K.

"A very easy to setup and deploy yet efficient and effective ITIL based service support desk"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine Service Support Desk is very easy to setup and deploy, as it offers out of box ITIL based workflows that can be adopted by any organization with little changes. Also it is very easy to develop workflows and implement ITIL practices as per your organization requirements.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations like you cannot remove some fields in templates using drag and drop, some workflows are built in and its not easy to modify them. But these are drawbacks for grown up organization which are practicing ITIL workflows from years, as far as for organization new to ITIL practices it is blessing in disguise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is new to service support and ITIL practices its one of the best product available in the market

ManageEngine is complete Service Support Solution thus it is supporting us all service and support related activities from ITIL help desk to ITIL workflows including change management, incident management, asset and configuration management, problem management, knowledge database and sla management etc

ManageEngine review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"Decent full featured help desk software"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage my tickets, peruse open tickets and creating tickets in a straightforward manner. I can also search for past tickets and in our setup, be able to utilize the assets tab to search for assets throughout campus that we have installed.

What do you dislike?

Too many clicks to get to where we need to go to. The search function, while much needed is also in bad need for a revamp as keyword bring too much generalization. No inbuilt chat function in the software. The now constant reminders of not claiming tickets that are unclaimed in the queue.

The mobile app for Android and iOS are nearly useless...the mobile site with "desktop site enabled" is a better bet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is simple you are looking for, ServiceDesk Plus could be it. Needing a more fluid solution and you will need to look elsewhere for a help desk solution.

Fast and straightforward ticket resolution is the big thing for us. The ability to search for past tickets either in the current queue or on our archive...to note, searching the archive can be a bit daunting.

ManageEngine review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Serves its purpose, a vital component in our incident management system"

What do you like best?

What I like about this application is its ease of use with very intuitive interface, and the flexibility to customize reports. I like that It also has an integration feature to send data over email, and we use that feature to bring over our tickets data to another system for incidents and requests analytics. The support staff is also very responsive our queries.

What do you dislike?

It would be desirable for ServiceDesk to have some youtube channels describing how to implement API integrations to 3rd party applications. This seems to be an area that needs improvement, to have a vibrant developer's community forum as well on extending the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for a cost-effective solution for support services. It does particularly well to channel requests and incidents for an enterprise's service management needs, with integration to email, extensive customizability of outputs, and excellent after-sales support.

We are using this system on a daily basis, and realize the benefits of on-time delivery of tickets, proper tracking of incidents and requests that comply with audit requirements, and have the ability to analyze historical trends using ServiceDesk as our frontline application to capture data.

ManageEngine review by Jordan R.
Jordan R.

"Great budget friendly helpdesk solution"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to set up and maintain. It also had a lot of customizability for branding and making the ticketing system behave however you would like.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is a little bit sparse compared to other solutions, but their forums are pretty active so finding an answer to an issue often doesn't take too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you take a little bit of time familirizing yourself with everything under the Admin tab. There are a lot of things that I spent time trying to figure out if Servicedesk+ had them and found out the functionality already existed.

We needed a helpdesk system that would allow us to divide our staff into teams that can handle their own issues but also collaborate on issues that concern the entire IT department. Servicedesk+ has allowed us to achieve this

ManageEngine review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"ServiceDesk Plus"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine provides frequent updates and enhancements to ServiceDesk Plus. They also publish a "roadmap" so you can see what enhancements they are working on. It is fast, intuitive, and provides a broad collection of tools to manage all aspects of the help desk. This includes template-driven ticket creation, asset management, change management, solution database, PO tracking, built-in help desk satisfaction survey, as well as support for project tracking.

What do you dislike?

The survey tool is a little inflexible (can't change the order of the responses). The project tool could be a little more powerful if it allowed imports from Excel or other flat file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid tool that is actively supported. Negotiate as there may be some flexibility in the pricing model.

Tracking of IT support performance along with purchase tracking were two areas of focus, and we have seen improved compliance of tracking support tickets, along with more control over the purchase process.

ManageEngine review by Demetrius V.
Demetrius V.

"ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus 9.3 Enterprise"

What do you like best?

The tool is relatively easy to set up and does not necessarily require external consulting.

What do you dislike?

Because it is a standard tool, it is sometimes difficult to get customized features, or it takes long before the features become available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making sure you understand which part of the setup is system wide, because it might be hard to change that later, without having a major impact for all teams using the tool.

We are gradually moving all support teams to SDP in order to improve the communication (avoiding media breaks between different support tools) and in order to have a uinque source for reporting (avoiding having to manually consolidate reports from multiple sources);

ManageEngine review by Sebastien L.
Sebastien L.

"Excellent product for helpdesk and inventory !"

What do you like best?

All we need within one software : Helpdesk, inventory, reports, problems and solution management. Software is very responsive and its support team is also excellent. The software also feature a project management section, a contract support section and a purchase module. We use it for our helpdesk : opening a request is fast and efficient and it's easy to forward it to concerned people. You can configure automated emails which are sent to the users and keep them informed about the status of their request. About the inventory module, you can add personnalized fields to keep the informations you need. Doing search in requests or inventory is also very easy and it brings accurate results.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special, we almost never experience bugs and when sometimes there is an issue, it is quite quickly resolved. Sometimes, software updates are bringing new problems but almost always, it's fixed in the next release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should give it a try. Easy to setup, easy to use !

Our call center people and IT technician are using it everydays to manage all assets (hardware and software) and all the support calls.

ManageEngine review by Executive Sponsor in Airlines/Aviation
Executive Sponsor in Airlines/Aviation

"review ServiceDesk Plus Professional"

What do you like best?

Very easy to install and immediately you will have, ticketing tool, with problem change asset and knowledge management. Cheaper then other product and can expand its functionality using Python, java to run customized scripts and automate processes. You can integrate with Desktop central and automate account creation in AD. You can integrate with ME analytics and manage KPI

What do you dislike?

it doesn't have release management, OLA management, major incident management, proper communication tool to send #1 #2 updates and this tool needs a niche skills to maintain, average IT cannot administer it.

Problem requests interface is not flexible as incident and change requests are.

Only documentation are not straight forward, instructions are written for the developer himself not for humans to read and follow.

Automate service requests,

Stream line change management with business requirement

reduce number of incident by implementing problem management process.

manage SLA between support teams.

ManageEngine review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Surprise Surprise "

What do you like best?

Integration with both ticketing, solutions and assets. It is an all inclusive ITL product that I would highly recommend. As long as presets and training is provided for end users who will be using it, this program is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up of the system does take a lot of diligence and time but this is not necessarily a bad thing if you want to get things right and organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to track every aspect of an issue and metrics provide very good measure of success.

ManageEngine review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Service Desk Plus "

What do you like best?

The only thing that I would say is good about Service Desk Plus is the speed of the application. One thing that is good about Service Desk Plus is the ability to import asset tracking into the system

What do you dislike?

There are many features I think could be improves upon, I am biased because the previous ticket system had everything we needed but it was slow and crash constantly. We also couldn't import assets into the system for tracking,

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a side-by-side comparison between your current ticket system and Service Desk Plus and determine what is vital and what is not necessary.

The primary use of Service Desk Plus is the ticketing system aspect that is used by our Service Desk to create and send tickets to support.

ManageEngine review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"Great for Software Inventory and Quick Installs"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine does a wonderful job pushing out software like SketchUp or doing a running inventory of software on users computers. It's fairly easy to set up and can quick push out software to multiple users at once.

What do you dislike?

In some cases I have had ManageEngine reboot a users machine (when I attempted to install AutoCAD) even though I specifically asked it not to allow rebooting. This can really cause trouble when a user's computer shuts down without any notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software can certainly help you manage multiple users on a network - in our case we have 100+ users to manage.

It has made my deployment of software much more effective and it runs silently so the user is not bothered by a required reboot or anything difficult.

ManageEngine review by Randy M.
Randy M.

"A total solution for our company"

What do you like best?

It's a complete solution. It has a front end that end users can understand easily, making it effortless to log into the application to view their submitted tickets. It has everything the technical team needs to do their jobs efficiently. It even has a work timer, which is not a common feature in service desk applications.

What do you dislike?

Viewing a certain technician's tickets should be easier than setting up a ticket group filter and having to find them that way. It takes a few extra steps compared to other programs like CA Service Desk. Very minor gripe in the big picture though. Reports for work timers don't always seem to be accurate if entering time on a ticket that was previously worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train end users on benefits of using the system early on. Encourage early adoption and show how it can make task workflow easier on everyone. We didn't start doing this until the technical team had fully adopted it, and it was slow progress from there.

This is our centralized asset management tool, which used to be managed in Excel/Sharepoint. This gives us granular control over what data is stored in relation to each asset, and makes it easy to distribute equipment and track it during its lifecycle. We can also manage IT contracts for software that we would normally have to maintain ourselves. This feature lets you know when something is coming up for renewal before it's time to scramble.

ManageEngine review by Administrator

"Easy to use, Fantastic Asset Management, Easy to create rules for ITIL"

What do you like best?

I love the Asset Management and Ticketing software. It is easy to associate an asset with a ticket as well as be able to connect to the user to fix any issues they may be having. Its a once stop shop for your IT ticketing needs.

What do you dislike?

They have yet to be able to connect to Slack which has become one of the most used communication software within business. The customer service is sometimes lacking as well and hard to reach them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around at other ticketing software. Pricing though is fantastic

Easily tracking problems with software, hardware, networking etc. Can go back and look at old tickets for previous fixes.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Product is improving - Still room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I have been administrating this product for a couple years now, and have been more involved on the server and billing side. The integration between the products I believe is both it's best, and weakest feature at the same time.

What do you dislike?

My original review was rather negative. Since then a higher-level agent, Charles reached out to me and our company. I have to say that while there have definitely been snags in the product here or there, it has been nice having a dedicated contact person. The integration between the products is great when it works, but it can be difficult to get all features to work together properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The real competition would be LANdesk, that I am aware of. LANdesk is nice, solid, and very easy to understand and work with. However LANdesk is also very expensive of a product by comparison. For organizations that are on a budget, or smaller organizations that are more budget-minded, ManageEngine products would be a strong choice.

We have the product for several reasons. We need an Inventory system. We are a relatively small organization and need a helpdesk system, and we do not have SCCM, so we need a software deployment method. We also have AD Manager to manage AD credentials, and will eventually roll out AD SelfService, and use the Project module. So I think we use most of ManageEngine's products. Service Desk Plus has gone through a major visual uplift, that isn't quite as colorful going for more muted tones. I think this is actually a plus as it causes a little less eyestrain and was a smart move.

The Asset management is okay, but I'd like to have more control in the organization of the objects. Desktop Central is quite handy if you do not have SCCM or LANdesk, it allows you to do a lot of things, like file pushes, application installs, upgrades, etc without having to have in-depth knowledge. I can't say that it always works, but it's considerably powerful and pretty reliable. It works very well with AD and deploying in a multitude of ways. Desktop Central integrates with Service Desk Plus, and can scan your machines, and place asset information into the listing. I've had some issues with full integration that we are currently working on - however it seems like it will work pretty well when we get it working. I think we're about halfway there.

In short - The support has improved, definitely. The product is moving towards the right direction in my opinion.

For the Helpdesk functionality, I am very satisfied with it. I think this is the best part of the program and I have relatively few issues with it. Some of the reporting could be a little better, I often have to fight errors in the system when I pull a lot of reports to pull different stats. The helpdesk itself though, I don't quite use it 100% as it's intended, but it works well and when you put the time in to set it up properly is very easy for the user to understand. Our users can create tickets easily with a minimum of clicks. It's up to you to architect the structure, but I could see how you could set this up in a variety of ways.

While I think there are some improvements to be made, I do believe that Manage Engine has become a truly viable option in it's field. For the features you receive, I have to say that the value for what you receive for what you pay is rather high - just set some time up to truly work with the system and understand it before you implement in production. While it's gotten much better, it's not always intuitive. With that being said, you can call manage engine support and ask even the most basic questions - I have had great success with learning the product with this method.

ManageEngine review by Jamie I.
Jamie I.

"Says it can do a lot - but try it first."

What do you like best?

Clean request interface

Contains a lot of the basic functionality you need to run a service desk

A lot of customisable notification features

Individual accounts can be mapped against technician groups, SLAs, etc (in MSP version).

What do you dislike?

Although the configuration allows 'walled garden' approach to accounts, for example, allowing certain technician groups, departments and solutions to be assigned to certain accounts, managing a large number of accounts can result is an unsustainable amount of administration.

Although SDP has a large range of functionality, you can tell it hasn't been developed in depth. Although it does the operation on paper, day-to-day use can end up being frustrating.

Design can be a bit ugly - windows not sizing correctly, incorrect English, HTML breaking preview windows etc.

Support operates in India Standard Time.

Functionality can often just break.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really get your use cases right before evaluating - some of the functionality you may assume that is there may not be and trip you up.

Actually try the functionality for yourself rather than taking the systems word for it.

If you require MSP functionality, make sure you know what is involved in the administration of multiple accounts (eg adding technicians to teams, when each site has it's own team configuration).

We use ServiceDesk Plus MSP to run our incident, request, problem and change management. We provide managed network and cloud services to multiple external customers, and need a system that can handle managing multiple customers with multiple services, whilst adhering to multiple SLAs.

ManageEngine review by Dennis J.
Dennis J.

"Cheap and Easy to install, best to use"

What do you like best?

The installation and the configuration progress was very easy with the configuration assistent. Overall, it is very easy to use and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

- The purchase process in the helpdesk is not really easy to use

- it is not possible to declare Office365 Liceneses correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best helpdesks i ever used (i worked with 5-10 diffrent systems).

Easy to use and a good and fast support!

- helpdesk

- inventory

- projects

- change management (most ERP)

ManageEngine review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Used for 5+ Years"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have automatically assigned Tickets. It's easy to create reports that provide information on all parts of a ticket.

As an engineer it is incredibly easy to see what tickets have been assigned to yourself so easily work towards them as well as the amount of time you have already applied to the tickets.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of effort to actually setup ManageEngine SD to use it's full capacity and we are still setting it up to do everything we want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a lot of time to learn the back end of Manage ServiceEngine as you'll get a lot more out of it if you do.

How to assign and control tickets assigned to multiple departments in our Service desk.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hit and Miss"

What do you like best?

- AD Authentication

- Able to have emails, notes, history all contained within a ticket.

- Customizable request screens/columns

- Use of Business Rules to auto-route tickets

What do you dislike?

- Service Catalog features are limited. You cannot expand and collapse sections within the template or incorporate additional graphics to enhance the look.

- Search functionality issues

- Cannot have email conversations added to Change Requests when CAB members want to discuss details.

- Unable to set scheduler by hourly shifts. Eg. Technician group A works from midnight to 8am. Technician group B work from 8am to 4pm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works best for mid-sized to smaller companies. I don't think this tool works best for large corporations especially if there are complex processes and workflows.

Business rules are helping to automatically route tickets and reduce extra work for Service Desk and speeds resolution times and improves customer satisfaction.

ManageEngine review by Sreeni V.
Sreeni V.

"It is great product that is easy to use and has full functionality"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to setup. Very easy to use

Price is very attractive

Support is extremely good

Reporting function is really good. we can run our own reports

Reporting functionality is very useful

Active directory integration helping greatly

Single sign on make users to login seamlessly

Business Rules are great feature that automate the Tickets

Change Management follows the ITIL Framework that help a lot

Dashboard gives quick view for the management and save managers time to monitor this system

This can be implemented to multiple countries and also can be implemented for multiple Depts

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything in the Service desk Plus product

There are not many things that anyone would dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great! We recommend the product very much as it offer great performance and functionality at affordable price. it come with great support

Stream line the helpdesk function

Requests can be added, and followup easily

Reporting functionality is very useful

Active directory integration helping greatly

Single sign on make users to login seamlessly

Business Rules are great feature that automate the Tickets and this save time for the ticket resolution

Change Management helping greatly

Change Management follows the ITIL Framework that help a lot

ManageEngine review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Good product becoming great"

What do you like best?

Lots of features that can be customized. Lots of features in the pipeline and take user feedback seriously. Have never had an issue getting a feature request implemented. Always responsive to support requests.

What do you dislike?

Some missing key functionality. Rules can not be setup to run on a timed scheduled but have to run when something happens. They are working to resolve this but it has not been implemented thus far. Web front end is sometimes held up by back end processes. An example would be when an email is spawned, the web front end just waits and waits instead of allowing user to continue working. Upgrades aren't easy if you have any customizations implemented for SSL. You have to perform the customization each time you upgrade. Service won't start until this is resolved each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get the all encompassing product, you will be in the best shape. Unfortunately, we had to purchase add ons and in the end could have had all features instead of a couple of the add ons.

Helpdesk system. Feedback for management and accountability. Reporting.

ManageEngine review by Frank G.
Frank G.

"ServiceDesk Plus was everything our school was missing"

What do you like best?

Our HelpDesk Technicians were constantly being pulled in every direction with no real workflow or priority to incidents. ServiceDesk Plus was a huge improvement in our organization. High priority items are now getting resolved in a timely manner... There's now organization on how help desk requests are submitted.. and help desk requests aren't being missed.

The inventory and asset module is also key! Now we have even better insights into what assets we have, when they were purchased, plus so much more.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can say there isn't really anything I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, ServiceDesk Plus is a no brainer for anyone needing organization and attention to detail when it comes to help desk requests. But the program is also so much more than that. It's what every IT Administrator or Director needs in order to keep things automated, organized, and running efficiently in their department.

Help Desk requests and organization has greatly been solved through this problem, including asset inventory.

ManageEngine review by Don K.
Don K.

"ServiceDesk Plus allows our IT department to have a full picture of everything everyone is working o"

What do you like best?

The integration of user problems in the helpdesk with projects and a global picture of the department's workload and long range plans.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get reports that show work across all modules. We do everything with tasks but analytics currently focuses on requests and gives a false impression of what we really do without looking at projects and changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to balance real-time helpdesk requests with structured project & change management is a major problem for a medium sized IT department spread out across multiple offices. Leveraging SLA's allows us to know when to react immediately, leaving the project... vs being able to stay on task and finish what we started while still meeting the end users expectations.

We have been able to get users to request help via email allowing us to see where we spend our time and provide reports back to department heads. We have implemented several task based service requests allowing efficient reproduction of routine tasks. We leverage the project module very much as it allows us to incorporate contractors and capture their time and costs and associate them to the proper department.

ManageEngine review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"A lot of great features and modules but not a lot of community support or training materials."

What do you like best?

I like the integration between modules and functions. There is a lot of functionality packed into the overall package. I wish we had a best practices implementation guide when we started to take full advantage of everything from the outset. I also like being able to write my own custom queries for analytical purposes. We have taken advantage of that.

What do you dislike?

The interface has several little quarks that can make navigation and ticket submission challenging for our customers at times. I wish there were technician training videos readily available. I also wish there were some module specific overviews (videos) for the admin. We have spent a ton of time figuring things out by trial and error.

We have particular difficulty with the asset management portion of the application especially with how it integrates with the purchasing module. We constantly fight duplicate assets and support has not been helpful. I have purchased far more asset licenses than I need just to have a buffer to handle these duplicates before they can be cleaned up.

We also have Desktop Central and we have never gotten the two databases to sync as was originally promised. We essentially have to manage two separate inventories because of it.

The service request function is almost good. It doesn't quite meet our needs in the routing function so we have to use an incident request template and manual processes as a work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider some implementation help. We were basically given the software and left to fend for ourselves. Support for our implementation wasn't near as robust as I had hoped and the online community is present but not as active as I had hoped. Support will help you with minor issues but they are really only a help desk. They have yet to resolve some of our larger issues and language can be a barrier.

I was able to reduce some calls to the help desk by implementing the customer portal.

ManageEngine review by Ismael C.
Ismael C.

"Improve agent productivity"

What do you like best?

Prevent SLA violations by enabling multi-level proactive response and resolution escalations. Service Desk Plus is a mature and feature-rich helpdesk solution and uses dashboards to show the current status of all outstanding service requests plus other pertinent system information

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Service Desk Plus is lacking of social media capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting started with Service Desk Plus is simple and straightforward. The initial page can be accessed with a to-do list of steps required to get the system configured for use.

Service Desk Plus allow you to organize all your business critical configuration items in one place and give your technicians in-depth visibility of all accumulated IT assets and services, I recommend to use this feature.

I get information on all pending or completed tickets based on parameters such as department, level, mode, priority, requester, technician, category, and request date. I also keep tabs on IT technician performance with SLA compliance and generate reports of the time spent on tickets. Those features are important in my business because I have 2,000 technicians offering customer services.

ManageEngine review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Excellent Helpdesk Solution at a Fraction of the Cost of Competitors"

What do you like best?

There used to be a saying "80% of the features at 20% of the price". I love that phrase and it applies to ServiceDesk Plus (SDP). They may not have every feature, but they have every feature you need and will use. Their pricing is a fraction of the other big helpdesk companies. The product is very easy to install and use.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The main item is to have more control over the screens. For example, the Request screen. I would like to control the layout and what appears. Also the column structure. I can control my own column structure, but I can't make a template and push it out to all Technicians or Requestors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using SDP for over 10 years and now at my third employer. The product is very mature and continues to be improved upon. The developers are very active in the support forums and most of the enhancements come from existing users. They are very responsive to reasonable requests. Bug fixes and updates are released on a regular basis.

We needed a helpdesk solution that allowed for tickets to be opened via email and self-service (web portal). We also wanted software and hardware asset management. SDP does all of this and ties into our software distribution system (Desktop Central) and our proactive network monitor solution (OpManager). We have a suite of products that all work together to provide a better support structure to our users globally.

ManageEngine review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"The best solution I have ever had the pleasure of using."

What do you like best?

The ease of configuring the system to our requirements, We had 2 months to setup, configure and test the system before going live after the in housing of our IT Support Service. I have used several different solutions as a Desktop Engineer which come no where near Manage Engine ServiceDesk Plus. I am now the ICT Service Delivery Manager and have had the pleasure of being given this product to configure. The email support provided by Manage Engine is so quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much at all;

It would be great if when updating the users details within Manage Engine it would update the Active Directory.

Using a specific template for email submissions would be a big bonus too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have your processes in place before you begin configuring the system for your use. You will find this will help you in creating the perfect service desk.

We have realised managing support tickets need not be a pain. The system is really intuitive and my service desk engineers need very little training to get up to speed.

ManageEngine review by Craig C.
Craig C.

"Easy, quirky, fast, intuitive, Excellent product "

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and fits very well into the ITIL framework. The configuration options available to you compared to other far more complex products can be done with some self taught training. It does what you tell it too with no scary surprises. Other products require you to have either external consultants which can be expensive or you have to train the internal staff which again can be costly.

the user interface is quirky and pleasing to the eye. The reporting features inside gives some useful information visually with a few clicks of the mouse. It is also a lot less expensive in comparison to other products on the market.

What do you dislike?

I cant say there is much to dislike. the only thing i fear of is the single tiered support groups. This is both a positive and a negative, as the same statement applies to both Keeps it very flat support organization. The hardest part was to get your head around the sites and timezones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install, log tickets, adopt and adapt processes, measure, improve, repeat.

the product is from my experience very easy to use from an agents point of view and ease of administration from backend teams point of view.

Better efficiency in delivery of IT services to the global business with clear understanding of areas of weakness and improvment opportunities.

ManageEngine review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"ManageEngine SupportCenter Plus"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating tickets, updating tickets, closing tickets, responding to tickets, contract tracking, Account tracking, professional service hours billing, custom reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality could be better thought out. For example, when in a ticket you can click the account name, but when you do it only opens a summary window for the account, which does not let you edit any account information. Therefore if you need to update the account you have to save the ticket, navigate to accounts, search for the account, etc, instead of just being able to go straight to the account page and make changes from within the ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the software thoroughly before buying. If possible, get a demo of the software from someone who uses it before buying it. It meets a lot of needs but support is very hard to get a hold of and get things fixed. There are also minor issues here and there that have been annoying, but some of them have been fixed by support with upgrades. Upgrades are pretty easy to rollout and don't require a tremendous amount of time and effort to get pushed out.

We are using the software to track help desk tickets, professional service hours, and our software maintenance contracts. Using ManageEngine has helped us more easily track this information whereas previously alot of data tracking was being done manually in excel for billing hours, contracts, etc.

ManageEngine review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Excellent product, easy to use, a breeze to work in!"

What do you like best?

ServiceDesk has a very simple user interface and has been a huge help to my entire department. Reassigning tickets and updating ticket status is elementary in this system and the ability to append notes and respond to emails directly from the ticket itself is extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I dislike about this tool... I'd love to have pass through authentication, but my boss would have to enable that feature for me and my lacking the feature is not the fault of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this Helpdesk implementation solution... It takes only a short time to get used to its normal operation and makes my job as a network technician miles easier!

We never had a legitimate helpdesk system before, and since implementation, the Service Desk utility has become a major asset to the entire department. It has increased efficiency and made organization and assignment of tickets and other requests very simple to manage.

ManageEngine review by Carvell W.
Carvell W.

"ManageEngine: The Gem"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine has a lot to offer, the reason I tested product from this company was because i needed an asset management application. The asset management feature was great. I was able to manage all the software installed within my network.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the scanning agent, that was the reason for not using the application full time. It seem to take some time to get all the computers. Also it maybe that we have a network with many subnets.

We needed to know about the computers that are connected to our network and also get an idea of what application the users had installed. the key benefit is that you know if there is any end of life computer or operating system connected and you also get an idea of the software installed, if they are approved or not.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Appropriate Incident management Solution For A Medium-Sized Organization "

What do you like best?

I like the options and customization it offers, despite it not being too intuitive to implement them. Also am very interested in the auto technician assignment and rule engine

What do you dislike?

Its licencing model as it stops working when the licence for the product expired,it should at least allow a single technician without licence

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need smart and adaptable technicians to fully utilize this application.

ManageEngine offers anything you'd want in an ITSM, but with an outdated interface that can be cumbersome to navigate and use from a technician perspective. If you can figure out the "tricks" to using it and making it do what you want, it will suit any medium-sized organization.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very effective easy to manage help desk ticketing solution."

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface. Easy to deploy and manage. Its been a very reliable product and requires very little maintenance to keep it running.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the active directory integration was not easy and took a lot of digging through the forums and a lot of trial and error before getting it to work correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a very nice trial period for software and they will grant extensions if you need more time evaluating.

We use it for our help desk ticketing. It has used by our IT department every day for the past 5+ years and has served our needs well. Having a centrally managed ticketing system is essential for a small IT team that supports a very large user base. Service desk allows us to prioritize tickets and work through issues on a timely manner.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"IT Help Desk technician that uses the product for ticket management."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can generate so many different reports with your data in Service Desk Plus. We also like being able to save the solutions for our problems so that we can reference them for future use. The solutions have came handy in the instance of our many reoccurring end user issues.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike some of the interface design. Overall it is a good design, but seems a little out of date. I do like all of the info graphics on the dashboard. It would be nice if we could customize the colors of some of the graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for its overall user friendly environment. Once again, you can retain a lot of information through this solution. We were also able to utilize the solutions portion in order to ensure that we were consistent with our application of solutions for problems that kept occurring over and over.

We are solving our record retention and any issues that we had with producing proof of work. The amount of reports you can run to specify what departments or areas of your business are creating the most tickets in certain periods of time are also extremely useful.

ManageEngine review by Gary J.
Gary J.

"Great service desk"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine is easy to use. Easy to customize. Okay reporting

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Simple interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you are not a very large enterprise, ManageEngine is a very slick ticketing system. Easy to use and implement.

ManageEngine Allowed us to implement an easy solution for a service desk. They also have other products that seem to mesh well together.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"The perfect IT Service Desk solution"

What do you like best?

Easy setup means that it can be up and running within days. Completely flexible within the ITIL framework. Multiple teams and sites supported. Custom templated workflows, services and incidents allow a lot of time savings. Quick replies. Time management allow easy time logging.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally buggy causes misc errors, the reporting suite should be far more powerful. Easy to break with admin settings. Requires time investment through trial and error to really make the most of the system. The UX is slightly outdated and ugly, with only some areas showing improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Working with managengine to understand what modules you will use and why. Spend the time to customise the templates across all areas of the system to ensure time savings are kept to a maximum. Use of the solution module within teams to help with requesters self resolving and team knowledge share. Understand how many technicians you will need and why; what functions each will be using of the system and implement the reports from the get go. Make full use of the time logging features and ensure you're getting the most out of the system.

The business problem solved by service desk is simply to the implement an IT service desk across a multi-teamed, international business. The benefits have been incredible, from a single point of entry for our users, to time management and logging reports available for management that help outline training and areas for improvement.

ManageEngine review by Krzysztof L.
Krzysztof L.

"Lots of options but needs modern touches"

What do you like best?

Our company was in need of new ticketing service. Having gone though 6-7 this one turned out to suit our needs perfectly.

It is highly customisable and can adapt to every environment. Numerous reporting keeps the management happy and various reminders, notifications, SLAs and announcements keeps everybody informed on what's happening on the help desk.

What do you dislike?

Even though the product has updates and fixes on monthly basis it needs a re-design.

It looks dated. In comparison of design to other products it's well behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for system with lots of customisations, reporting and user awareness. that's the one.

Having a well made HelpDesk system helps us prioritize tasks and keep track of all service calls/emails.

Most importantly it helps finding common issues which then can be seen to as a user training needed.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Nanotechnology
Administrator in Nanotechnology

"Powerful constantly evolving product"

What do you like best?

Lot of functionality and ease of use. The product is constantly adding new features over time. Really helps us to organize our support around three key areas such as requests, changes, and asset management has been great. Utilizing the client has provided us a wealth of data regarding our equipment and facilitated our decision making. Support has also been great.

What do you dislike?

Software can be buggy especially new releases. Things do not always work as you would expect or want them to. Integration with our in house products and services can be a challenge. The interface could be a little cleaner and user friendly. Would love to have more granular control over some of the admin functions and delegate more roles out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and look at everything out there. There is definitely some very good products, but cost is always an issue and you will need compromise. Servicedesk has provided the best compromise in terms of value to cost.

We are solving organization issues and moving to ITIL processes to increase our users satisfaction and speed up overall response. Also we have been able to accurately get a real representation of our comlete IT inventory and track the entire life cycle.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"ServiceDesk Plus plays a crucial role in our daily IT provision"

What do you like best?

The speed and accuracy of searching the database. I also like the speed of navigating the interface as well as the zoho reporting tie in and the survey component. I like the ability to customize the fields where needed and the customer portal is very nice as well for those putting in requests.

What do you dislike?

Some of the out of the box reporting is lacking in what i need to be able to see. i have to call support and work with them for custom reports. They are including more and more reports as revisions come along though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a high speed, low drag software for Help Desk management then this is for you. They also maintain a very open communication platform with their customers and are actively seeking how to get better which is tremendous.

The need we had for people to be able to submit IT work order issues with ease and keep track of those issues throughout their lifecycle. The efficiency of the program allows us to manage our SLAs and stay in constant response with our customer base so that we know we are providing service that is quality.

ManageEngine review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"I have been using the product since it's inception "

What do you like best?

There are several versions including a MSP . It is all encompassing for support of your users needs. It is super easy to setup and get up and running right away. The cost for the products are very reasonable and they even have a full blown free version for the small users.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I cant think of anything that I dislike.

There are some things that I would suggest they add.

Like to be setup right out of the box they have a Q&A to setup a best practices for you type of organization.

I would like them to add alerts on issues for RMM. But honestly you can add other free tools to do that and send a email alert to create a service request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is the only one i would recommend and I have been doing this for some 30+ years. I have seen many come and go and they are here to stay..

The easier question to answer is "What aren't we able to solve using it" I haven't seen one yet. With the integration with the desktop central product you have it all at your finger tips.

Learning about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus?

* We monitor all ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.