Manjaro

5.0

Manjaro is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch operating system.

Work for Manjaro?

Learning about Manjaro?

Manjaro Reviews

Showing 2 Manjaro reviews
Manjaro review by Manthan M.
Manthan M.

"Best Linux Distro"

What do you like best?

I am a fan of manjaro for several reasons. First, I love the AUR. This is more of a feature of Arch, but the user repository essentially contains every single possible application. This makes installing any app really trivial and helps me get a new system running really quickly. I also love that everything is up to date AND nothing breaks. Manjaro brings a Ubuntu style release system on top of the rolling system of Arch. While I've never had anything break when I was using Arch, it is always nice knowing that the new packages are tested to work well before they are pushed to me. While this defeats the purpose of arch, it makes the user experience a little better. For the record I use Manjaro Gnome.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much I dislike. I am not a fan of the software the comes preinstalled with Manjaro Gnome, but its fine and pretty simple to re-theme myself and remove the bloat. The installer is O.K. at best, I personally prefer the ubuntu installer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should understand how linux works really really well before you try Manjaro. Arch is a very complicated system and you need a deep understanding to fully be able to use it.

I am using Manjaro to help my development. Since it is running Linux under the hood, it makes setting up developer tools really easy and all programming related software are optimized for linux.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Manjaro
Manjaro review by Dhaveline L.
Dhaveline L.

"Uno de los mejores software"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Manjaro. It is excellent, very diverse and you can order the desk as you like.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I do not like about Manjaro. Of the software used in linux he is the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not stop using Manjaro. It is an excellent program and 100% safe

I can do the same things I did in windows with Manjaro. In addition, this system gives my computer more performance and keeps it virus-free

What Operating System solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Manjaro for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Ubuntu Logo
Ubuntu
Super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world.
Windows 10 Logo
Windows 10
Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.
Apple iOS Logo
Apple iOS
An advanced mobile operating system. With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock solid stability, iOS is the foundation of iPhone. And even as others try to catch up, the technologies and features built into iOS keep iPhone years ahead.
Windows 7 Logo
Windows 7
Windows 7 is your PC simplified. Enjoy your media wherever you want, stay productive with the smart new desktop, get creative with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
Android Logo
Android
Android is the a globally popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all Google apps, plus thousands of apps and games are available on Google Play.
Apple OS X El Capitan Logo
Apple OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan gives you simpler, smarter ways to do the things you do most with your Mac. Like working in multiple apps at the same time using Split View.
CentOS Logo
CentOS
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor.
RedHat Enterprise Linux Logo
RedHat Enterprise Linux
Open source platform for mission-critical computing
Windows 8 Logo
Windows 8
3.2
Windows reimagined and reinvented from a solid core of Windows 7 speed and reliability. It's an all-new touch interface. It's a new Windows 8 for new devices.
macOS Sierra Logo
macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop fast and conveniently online, and work between devices. It can also help free up storage space.

Learning about Manjaro?

* We monitor all Manjaro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.