MantisBT

MantisBT is an open source issue tracker that provides a delicate balance between simplicity and power.

Work for MantisBT?
Taskray bugtrack  2x

Learning about MantisBT?

MantisBT Reviews

Ask MantisBT a Question
Showing 44 MantisBT reviews
MantisBT review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

Simple, no-nonsense, gets the job done

What do you like best?

I set MantisBT up and configured it for my team in about an hour and a half. What I like the best is how the program is so straightforward to use, from start to finish. Anyone can jump in, get the information they need, and then get on with their day. There's no slick UI to deal with, it's all simple text.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm really not a fan of is how attachments are treated in the tickets. In some other bug trackers I've used, it's possible to slot images in-line with text information. With MantisBT, you have to attach images and there's no way to reference them except for their file name. We type a lot of "see Figure 001" in our tickets, and that seems a little silly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MantisBT is a cheap, no-frills platform, but it certainly delivers more than it asks of you. If you aren't hung up about fancy UI, and need something right away, this is definitely a program you should look into. I implemented it as a temporary workaround to a problem while researching a "real" solution and discovered this was plenty "real" enough.

MantisBT has solved a serious communication problem we were having between our Support and Development departments. Support is now able to review existing bugs and log new ones on their own without trying to keep track of everything via email. Development is able to prioritize bugs as they come in, and all interested parties are notified whenever there are updates or resolution has been reached.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MantisBT
MantisBT review by <span>Christian P.</span>
Christian P.

MantisHub - a great Provider for MantisBT

What do you like best?

I ran MantisBT for some years on a self managed instance on Amazon Web Services. Then I came across the MantisHub Offer and decided to migrate to get rid of the hassle of maintaining my MantiBT Instance. The Migration went excellent and fast and the support of MantisHub is great (I only had 2 Support Issues shortly after the migration, since then it's running fast, smooth and hassle free. Now I have always the latest MantisBT Experience and nothing to worry about.

What do you dislike?

I had a custom extension to automatically book times from MantisBT to my Time Sheet (mite.yo.lk) - that could not be transferred to MantisHub as they do not allow custom extension. But that's only a small disadvantage of migrating to them and didn't stop me doing so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, for the Programmer(s) and the Customers

Consider MantisHub to have an easy overall experience and no hassle with your self hosted instance.

Maintaining the Bug Lists for Individual Programs I create and maintain for my customers.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

MantisBT review by <span>Caterina P.</span>
Caterina P.

superb bug tracker, once customized we could use it as CAPA management tool too.

What do you like best?

efficiency of the MantisHub customer service, it is anyway easy to customize directly and where it's not possible the MantisHub does it quickly.

What do you dislike?

the Instances status change is too easy in the default configuration. but you just need to customize the property of field and make them mandatory on the basis of the status value and a message pops up automatically to advise you to fill them if you want to change the Instance status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have clear what you need, like first of all imagine what functions you want, the evaluate Mantis, if it doesn't have them is very probable you can customize it to bring them in. here are the customization instruction: http://support.mantishub.com/hc/en-us

we needed to centralize recording, tracking and analysis of various actions, coming from design test, field issues, quality system audits. this tool allows us to do it cheap, easy and at the same time with proper access control and data preservation.

MantisBT review by User

MantisHub hosted service review

What do you like best?

I was able to start using it essentially immediately, -- learning curve was zero.

What do you dislike?

A minor detail -- the field that enables linking issues to other issues requires the issue number -- perhaps having an issue selected could have been easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a straight forward and easy to use issue tracking tool, then MantisBT is a great choice.

Tracking of requirements and issues during a new software product development. Keeping track of progress, and what needs to be done next.

So far i used words and excel for it -- but, i got to the point where I needed a real tracking system

MantisBT review by <span>Cesar I.</span>
Cesar I.

A good open-source bug tracking system

What do you like best?

MantisBT is open source, that means that you can go in and change anything you don't like. It has all the basic things that a bug tracker should have but may lack in advanced features. It's easy to administer and configure. And it's free (there's a paid hosted version available). The risk of trying MantisBT is very low.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not very nice and not very fast. Some plugins are not very integrated and some others are very slow. In my experience, integrations with other systems are either unavailable or very hard to set up. What really could shine, but falls short, is integration with git or mercurial (or any other vcs). Even though there are some plugins for that, setting that up is not very easy and it takes a lot of time. A system to handle mercurial patches and do code review would make mantis a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's easy to install and try and it might just be what you are looking for. And it's free (there's a paid hosted version as well)

Tracking bugs is very important in any software development firm. There are some great proprietary and costly bug tracking systems that do an excellent work, but if budget is short, mantis is a great option. The customization options are very good and you can tweak it to your liking. Issue filtering and display is OK.

MantisBT review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

Good open source Bug Tracking

What do you like best?

Love the fact that is it open source and does what it needs to do without a lot of effort. Fairly intuitive. Given that it is open source and essentially free (we support internally) it is given a lot of leeway in terms of judgement. Not that I am suggesting that it isn't good software, it is just that it does have areas where it could be improved and for now given the cost to the organisation we can get past that.

What do you dislike?

Dated looking and isn't as flexible as we'd like it out of the box. The stock interface could use some upgrading as it looks very dated. Certain aspects of administration are quite as intuitive as we would like. But basic tasks can be done fairly easily and without a lot of effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup was not that easy but if you are somewhat technical and have a good sense of what it takes to install on a server then you should be fine. Not for the non-technical types though.

We don't do software development a lot, but when we do we need to have bug tracking that works both internally and for clients. This does the job very effectively. We don't have to put a lot of effort into maintaining it. We have been able to go through a number of projects and deal with bugs much more effectively using Mantis that the endless email trails we used to utilise.

Learning about MantisBT?

* We monitor all MantisBT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.