Maptitude

4.7

Maptitude Geographic Information System (GIS) software gives you the tools, maps, and demographic data you need to analyze and understand how geography affects you and your business.

Work for Maptitude?

Learning about Maptitude?

Maptitude Reviews

Ask Maptitude a Question
Showing 99 Maptitude reviews
Maptitude review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"Maptitude - Easy to Use and Powerful!"

What do you like best?

As a former MapInfo user, I like the ease of use of this product. It is much easier to do many things in Maptitude compared to tools like MapInfo, but there is plenty of power. Adding aerial maps is simple and the layer controls are easy as well. The price is also affordable.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about Maptitude. I have been using it for about five years and I think the only thing that I find a challenge is how to remove old versions without removing data. As a result, I have left some of the old versions installed as the one time I did try to remove a previous version it took all the data with it and I had to restore it.

We use this tool to look at consumer research calling areas, map store locations, analyze demographics and determine trading areas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Maptitude
Maptitude review by ronald s.
ronald s.

"Create the best map and presentation designs in the easiest way."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software are the spatial analysis tools. In addition to having good technical assistance to download cartographic information of the country you need.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we got in the company was the installation of the program, since it was very difficult for us. On the other hand I think that the part should better design the graphics. It would also be important to develop it under the free software environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is totally recommended, it is very easy to make the maps, due to the great variety of design tools and spatial analysis.

The best thing about this program is that its source code can be edited and modified, unlike other software, if I can adapt it to my needs.

What GIS solution do you use?

Maptitude review by Matt A.
Matt A.

"Maptitude is the best mapping solution out there"

What do you like best?

It's highly detailed yet easy to use. There are so many things you can do, but it all depends on what you want it to do. It's very malleable to your specific business needs.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve, with how many options there are it takes time to really get in a groove for your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a total package for your business. You can customize so many things to help you run a more efficient and detailed company.

Analytics. There are so many things that we are tracking now that we could not do before. Like tracking median household income by zip code. More data to help us be more efficient.

Maptitude review by Kellye M.
Kellye M.

"Just What I Needed"

What do you like best?

We were looking for something to use in lieu of Business Analyst, and this seems to do the trick, but for $30k cheaper. I have access to traffic counts, local businesses, demographic information, drive times, and aerial imagery, all at the tips of my fingers. The program is easy to use, as well; I did not have to spend much time reading instructions in order top get going on it.

What do you dislike?

Making layouts in Maptitude isn't quite as easy as in ArcMap, from what I can tell, every time I make changes to my map I need to make a new layout, as opposed to ArcMap where I am used to just working in layout mode to begin with. Also, I have yet to figure out how to make a point file from scratch. Also, the drive time rings are in increments as opposed to being able to set each ring separate (example: you can do drive times at 3, 6, 9, or 5, 10, 15, but not 1, 3, 5) .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something to make basic maps, or even demographic, traffic, drive time, and competition maps. Maptitude can do it. If you were making more complex customer analysis maps with Business Analyst, this may not be the right software for you.

We saved a great deal of money and still have up-to-date demographics, traffic, and business information. We had been looking at renewing our severely out of date ArcMap with BA, which would have been over $30,000. Maptitude gives us up-to-date data for less than $1,000. I can make nearly identical maps with both programs.

Maptitude review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Maptitude is an essential tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, free US and world data, an exhaustive library of features, ability to automate tasks using GISDK, ease of training new users, amazing tech support, robustness and well thought-out user interface.

What do you dislike?

After running a set up with a fresh build or version, often the new install will have a hard time using the data installed with the previous version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maptitude is a feature-rich, easy to use GIS tool that performs well throughout the project cycle, i.e. from data preparation to analysis and reporting. Production of standard maps is easily automated if needed, and the software offers a huge library of data and functions to support complex map generation. In my opinion Maptitude should be installed on everyone's computer, just like word processing or spreadsheet software. It really is that good.

We use Maptitude to generate massive amounts of maps each month for inclusion in reports. Nearly every single type of project we do benefits from Maptitude - it is our main tool for spatial data review and cleanup. For example, we use it to pre-process GTFS data for use in transit surveys and to analyze boarding and alighting data. In my earlier practice as transportation engineer, I used Maptitude to quickly estimate direction distribution of background trips for traffic impact studies of all sizes. I also used it to prepare and store land use and transportation system data for travel demand models. I consider Maptitude an essential tool in my transportation planning practice.

Maptitude review by Arthur  A.
Arthur A.

"Maptitude review"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is a terrific GIS package. It does everything ARCGIS does but costs less than $700.

And for $395 a year you get access to great datasets that Caliper generates for free. It is user-friendly and if you have a problem either Caliper tech-help or a Google search will get you a solution. The datasets include locations of all business brands, medical locations, schools, and so on.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything about Maptitude that I don't like, except maybe the lack of a satellite view. I usually download to Excel or SPSS for modeling so I have not tried the modeling options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am very happy with this product. It is extremely inexpensive relative to competitors

I map everything that I can. Maps help explain concepts, show relationships, and so on. And Maptitude can generate drive time as well as straight line distance matrices.

Maptitude review by Louis S.
Louis S.

"Everything one needs in a basic GIS system"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is a very versatile GIS system which is able to produce a wide variety of Maps economically.

What do you dislike?

The documentation for Maptitude could be better. The user guides and videos seem to be fairly basic and give examples of how to use only the most rudimentary functionality of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent GIS demographic system. The system appears to be very versatile, almost too much so in that some knowledge of databases/data structure is helpful to truly utilize the system. The typical business person in the street will find this software somewhat challenging. Documentation IMHO is light but online support is very responsive and good. Based upon my limited experience so far one should expect to have to dig on your own/ask questions to get what one needs.

Maptitude is critical for providing information in commercial real estate location selection.

Maptitude review by Administrator

"Outstanding and Accurate"

What do you like best?

We are a non-profit organization and each year volunteers deliver gift bags to all 930 member families in the Denver-metro area.. This year for the first time I used Maptitude to generate delivery routes for the volunteers. For the first time in a dozen years, we actually received feedback that the routes were easy. It encouraged volunteers to help. Maptitude is comprehensive. There is a learning curve with it. But the results are accurate and outstanding. All addresses could be mapped with Maptitude, not one was left out.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve. It does so much it's difficult to sift through the features you need for your application. Their technical help desk is very helpful but you need to be specific about the problem you are having. They are hesitant to give you more than a tutorial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow time to play with the program and experiment with its features to distinguish which you need. It takes time to figure out how to use the features you need.

Delivery routes. Comprehensive, accurate and reliable.

Maptitude review by Richard H.
Richard H.

"Maptitude - GIS for the rest of us"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, unlimited number of columns for attribute data (256 in most), excellent mapping done almost automatically or at any level of interaction you want, intuitive interface that remains that way when you come back to it maybe weeks later, lots of data at no extra cost, versions for several countries in the world, output an adjacency matrix which is needed for spatial statistics, spatial interpolation and overlay - estimating attributes of one geography from the known attributes of another (overlay zip codes with census tracts to estimate census variables in a zip code), buffering point, lines or polygons (and then doing spatial overlay), surface analysis, regression analysis (limited but you can export data to stat packages easily, map librarian which helps keep your maps organized, easily connect attribute data to a map, routing and drive time rings, integration with Google Maps. I have never tried to do anything I can do in other GISs that I cannot do in Maptitude - often not the other way around. Good export capability for use in other software. Excellent PDF manual, excellent tech support, videos for teaching yourself. Prince is less than half of other vendors.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more comprehensive statistical capabilities, spatial regression not just least squares simple multivariate regression. Likely more useful would be more descriptive statistics, better graphics support for charts that look better, but Maptitude is after all a GIS package - it cannot do everything. It is easy to export to SAS, R or Stata, Excel. It would be useful to have more raster GIS capability but I use GRASS for that and I can combine the data, analysis results pretty easily. That said, even if Caliper added more raster analysis (map algebra, spatial modeling with pixels, etc.) I'd have to go back to GRASS to do the heavy lifting and the same for spatial regression. ArcGIS has ostensibly more of this capability through expensive add-ons but I do not like the algorithms they use. I would like to see the scripting language changed to Python which has a lot of capability that the current one does not. But ... frankly I seldom need it. I do have to do a lot of programming for SAS and R. I can without hesitation say that there is nothing about Maptitude that drives me nuts or causes me any grief. I definitely cannot say that for the other GIS packages that I have worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is less steep by far compared to other GIS, but it is not flat! Take some time to really get a through introduction. The manual has lots of "One Minute" exercises which get you a very long ways. There are videos which are very good. This has made teaching GIS much easier fo me and is a big time saver. You have to lean the basic operations thoroughly to get the most benefit. However Maptitude can be used at different levels. If you need to make simple maps, mostly thematic maps, then it is very simple. If you need to really complicated stuff- you can get as immersed as necessary.

Spatial analysis of disease clusters. Mapping flight path coverage of emergency helicopters. Environmental justice: relationship of disease and causes of death to environmental hazards, toxic waste, power lines, road traffic noise and pollution to health status, Disease incidence (Bayesian regression modeling). A LOT of presentation mapping of health and demographic data for use by policy makers in government. There are two types of maps I make: 1) analysis maps. I do not care very much what they look like; I need the information for statistical modeling. 2) Presentation maps for legislators, publications, meetings with local health departments and citizens. A map will communicate and stimulate more discussion from everyone who is a stake holder in an issue more than charts and graphs and other clever visualizations. I teach GIS for use in public health. I can get students working on real problems in a couple hours with Maptitude. Other software usually requires several days to get up to speed to actually work a problem.

Maptitude review by John C.
John C.

"Location Analytics - Coatings"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is incredibly user-friendly. It can be very intimidating to use a new geospatial tool without formal training. With Maptitude, I started with no training and quickly became the in-house expert at my company.

What do you dislike?

The number of files created for each layer can cause a lot of cluster in file directories and sometimes previous maps may not work correctly if any of those files were misplaced or deleted on accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone with a quantitative background can quickly master Maptitude and enhance their analyses. There is no need for prior geospatial training. Stop considering and adjust your Maptitude!

What business problems aren't we solving with Maptitude? We are locating new stores, optimizing existing footprints and quantifying local market opportunities. I learn something new every time I open Maptitude and it certainly has become the got to tool for our geospatial analytics.

Maptitude review by Aaron W.
Aaron W.

"A wonderful territory mapping program and then some!"

What do you like best?

Ease of moving territories, obtaining census data and plotting territories to that data. Beautiful interface and several ways to customize the product and exports. The ability to pull in my older Mappoint files and data was a huge plus! Great video tutorials that help you get started as well.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for this program is steep. The interface is nice but cluttered and until you have used it a few times, you will mess up more than you create. There are several buttons that should be together (especially when dealing with territories) After watching the tutorial videos (some a few times) I was able to understand the layout better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the videos, Ask questions and enjoy this great product! It will not let you down!

I use this software to assign sales reps their territories. Before, I would just assign them via zip code. Now, I can assign and balance territories between reps based on census data! I can also assign via other data and plan to do so as I get better at using this program.

Maptitude review by Chuck H.
Chuck H.

"Top Notch Mapping Product"

What do you like best?

I like Maptitude's built in demographics, its ability to handle large datafiles, and it up-to-data address files for geo-coding. The technical support is the best in the business... ranging from videos to webinars to emailing technical support

What do you dislike?

The amount of different options and command menus can be a bit unnerving at first, but their 'how to' videos, webinars, detailed manual can help you achieve most any task. And if you are stumped you can always count on an email to technical support will solve your challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is well worth the modest investment.

I work with retailers and government agencies helping them map data about their operations and their customers. Maptitude - more so than other mapping software - helps me portray key data fields in a map format. And the graphic quality when you save to a JPEG or PDF is outstanding.

Maptitude review by Pam K.
Pam K.

"Really like this program"

What do you like best?

It offers very sophisticated features for power users, as well as being user-friendly enough for more basic users with less complicated needs. The support staff is always quite helpful.

What do you dislike?

I have often wished I could "undo" an action and that isn't typically an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy using this tool. It has a ton of features for those who need them and yet it's easy enough to navigate and produce output with more simple needs. The support is great and I highly recommend attending a training class or participating in a webinar to learn as much as possible.

It's great to provide a visual depiction of where business is coming from or where opportunities may be located. The "lasso" feature has been a great addition to help us more easily identify a group of entities within a specific geographic area.

Maptitude review by John S.
John S.

"Fantastic mapping program. Excellent value."

What do you like best?

The program comes with many standard features including census tract which many mapping programs do not offer. Also many other optional features at no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything negative to say. For me, Maptitude provides everything I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Maptitude. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get the basics mastered it gets easier. They keep improving and adding to annual updates. I know that I have only scrached the surface as to what Maptitude can do. so I am still learning.

I use Maptitude to locate real property with specific location requirements. Certain census tracts, located near various services like grocery stores, pharmacy, schools, bus stops, etc.

Maptitude review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best mapping program"

What do you like best?

Ability to have layers of data show on the map, vast color scale of options, Healthcare data that can be added to maps, Demographic data you can export, video library with How-to videos

What do you dislike?

Tech support over the phone is non-existent. Called multiple times, left multiple voicemails, never once get a call back. You can email support, but if you have an urgent issue you 're SOL.

Too many random files are generated when you create a map, guessing its all the different layers. Then you can't move the map files out of the folder you put them in so better know where you want them the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend some analytical experience, not for the casual user. You can, but be prepared to contact support to hold your hand. Definitely get a demo to learn some of the basics.

We use the program to create map images for presentations. Was buying demographic data separately, can save that expense and pull it out of the maps. It's 2015 data, we were buying 2017, but it still works.

Maptitude review by Shaina C.
Shaina C.

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

The basic mapping features within this program are easy to learn and customizable like no other mapping software I researched. I researched about 5-6 GIS products prior to deciding on Maptitude.

What do you dislike?

More complex mapping and features (coding) are harder to learn and the training classes are fairly expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes- I have already recommended this product to multiple other groups within our company and they have also purchased individual user access or corporate package

We use this product to map SNF, IL, AL and Memory Care facilities for seniors and to pull some demographic information for areas in which we have portfolios. The newest update of healthcare providers data has been helpful.

Maptitude review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Maptitude makes geo-visualization easy!"

What do you like best?

Caliper's Maptitude makes mapping and geovisualization pretty painless once you've put in the hours to understand how it works. It loads data pretty quickly and you can make visual adjustments very easily. It's the go-to software at our organization for anything mapping related. I love all the features and data that this program has in it. It's a very comprehensive software that should cover all of your mapping needs.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty steep. It definitely takes a couple hours of frustration to understand how to map things and to edit them to your specifications. Additionally, if you have an older version of this software (pre 2016), data loads very slowly and the map refreshes whenever you move, which was annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maptitude definitely offers value for it's cost. I would recommend it to those in a business setting needing to visualize geographic information (such as sales by ZIP).

The clearest benefits is geovisualization. It makes understanding what states, regions, or ZIP codes are performing well/poorly very easily and makes it easy to discern trends on a geographic level.

Maptitude review by Kirsten T.
Kirsten T.

"Excellent value GIS / mapping tool"

What do you like best?

I've found it really useful for both logistics and non-logistics projects. As well as being able to identify hot-spots in your own data and interrogate the built-in demographics, you can calculate weighted "centres of gravity", visualise size of flows and allocate customers between fulfilment centres or depots - all important features if you're looking at logistics networks.

What do you dislike?

Not dislike, but like most people I have a wish list, which for Maptitude includes more up to date pan-European mapping (but I'd be the first to acknowledge that's not at all realistic at the price point!) and a faster routing function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to anyone buying any software is to make sure that you understand the business questions and issues you want to explore, and then look at the packages available and how they match. Ask for a live demo, or look at the website to see static examples of analysis you can carry out and videos showing how it's done. If the demographic data is important to you, check what's included for the country you're interested in as it varies with what's available.

As well as logistics projects, I've helped non-logistics clients to: identify sales leads and then prioritise them using the demographics; manage the schedules of field engineers by analysing the size of patch and workload; and carry out competitor adjacency analysis.

Maptitude review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Maptitude excels in data point mapping"

What do you like best?

I like the level of control I have each layer of mapping. I can now make maps to meet any need. Demographic marketing, zip code analysis of market strengths, best routes for access to clinics. Now I have more requests for mapping of our demographics and how we're impacting our communities. I also like that I can hide almost any detail on the map that's not necessary to the story I'm telling.

What do you dislike?

Tutorials could use some refreshed examples. Training is done online, in person and via web tutorials. I would like to see Maptitude reach out to users for fresh examples of how they are using the software. Sometimes I can't reach support and have to call the sales line to get quick answers. And they are always accommodating with my questions. Color selections for styles should allow you to create your own custom color pallatte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive and go through web tutorials relevant to your needs.

I use Maptitude for a variety of business needs from analyzing customer concentrations to heat mapping customer demographics. Previously I had used MS Mappoint and it was no longer supported. Moving to Maptitude was easy and they have tutorials that show Mappoint users how to use Maptitude.

\\\

Maptitude review by Sioux R.
Sioux R.

"Maptitude is the Way to Go!"

What do you like best?

I discovered Maptitude in 1995 when it was first released and have used it exclusively in my health/hospital planning career. It has been indispensable in terms of product quality, affordability and ease of use. I was able to make a variety of custom maps of hospital patient data for executive-level decision support.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Maptitude - it has gotten easier to use over the years and is still the "best bang for the buck." It is important to take advantage to training opportunities to understand the power of GIS and how best to use this important tool in describing information geographically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As stated above, I have used Maptitude since its release in 1995 after investigating other costly and difficult GIS products. Maptitude met all my mapping needs in hospital planning throughout the ensuing years at an affordable price considering all the additional features now available. I recommend that at least two people learn how to use Maptitude for back-up purposes if your company is large enough - don't let this valuable tool just sit there once you get it. Use it as much as possible to build skills and inspire ideas of mapping your data.

As a hospital planner, and a geographer by education, I am continually able to emphasize the importance of knowing where your customers/patients live and the distance they must travel to access services in this competitive world. Opportunities and threats to business growth have been identified through geographic analysis.

Maptitude review by John M.
John M.

"The Best Mapping Software You'll Ever Need"

What do you like best?

I've been using Maptitude since the mid-90's. I love the 3 & 5 digit ZIP boundaries and demographic data that comes with it. To be honest, we originally bought it because it was the easiest way to acquire Census data. Since then we have continuously used it for a wide range of client projects. I have to admit it has way more power than I have explored... they keep adding features - I've made tons of use of the themes (you can color the maps with backgrounds based on the included geodemographics). I've also used the band feature - retailers LOVE it.

Its hard for me to say this is the best because I've never really tried anything else... but it is one product that you can get started with out of the box and never quite plumb the depths of. I recommend it ALL THE TIME!

What do you dislike?

Its so powerful, it takes some getting used to - working with multiple layers and data sets. I can't say it is a flaw, some of the great features take a while to learn (it seems I'm more frustrated with myself than with the software).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would START with Maptitude - you don't pay tons of extra fees for different data sets - they give you more than enough to work with. It is the best deal - and they will work with you if you have an interesting puzzle which you think you cannot solve.

We mostly like to plot customers then see how they 'fit' into geo-demographic theme areas. Amazing things jump out and with Maptitue, you can essentially re-score the variables to different geographical size by refreshing the map. So, lets say we have a client in Iowa. We'd like to see how their customers are distributed compared with median dwelling value. When you look at national averages - the whole state of IA is low value housing (compared with the coasts). But with Maptitude, we just zoomed into IA and recalculated the themes and found a wide variety of value areas. Voila!

Maptitude review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Maptitude GiS by far the most powerful, easy to use and cost effective GIS solution out there."

What do you like best?

I have used Maptitude since it first came out in Beta. At the time no other GIS program coiuld handle the environmental justice/toxic mapping that I was doing. I used Maptitude and GISDK to create the very first nationwide toxic mapping for EDF. Maptitude still is the most powerful, easy to use and cost effective solution out there. I highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at all. Since the Beta version, Maptitude has done everything I ask of it and support is superb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely the most powerful, easy to use and cost effective GIS program.

GIS mapping for environmental justice, toxic mapping, pollution mapping.

Maptitude review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Top Quality Spatial Analysis Software! Can't find anything similar at the price. "

What do you like best?

I have used Maptitude over 15 years and in numerous different countries. Maptitude is very easy to learn, and is designed for USERS - so users can do numerous spatial analysis modeling, and of course create great looking maps.

What do you dislike?

Although they have extremely great data sets for numerous countries, such as USA, Australia, etc, they don't have any data sets for my country of Fiji.. But, none of the GIS companies do. The USA dataset they provide with the software (I think still us$695) would cost 5-10 times that if from other countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are large company creating GIS shapefile such as utilities, government land departments, etc, and you are predominately a 'user', Maptitude is a very simple easy, but powerful GIS software. I previously worked in a government agency where we had one full time GIS person who used ArcGis. But I could create better and faster maps within Maptitude, and sadly, the GIS person was let go as agency did Maptitude training for all project coordinators and project managers who could then easily do their own maps. Saved agency one full time salary staff, saved time for others, and saved substantial money in software. For most GIS / spatial analysis functions, you don't need the over built ArcGis that requires a degree to operate. Maptitude allows the 'user' to create their maps of their data.

I am in real estate / property industry, and use Maptitude for trade area analysis, site selection, and creating quality custom maps for my reports. Trade area analysis is awesome as built in are numerous types such as radius, drive-time, etc. With a little extra skill, I completed complete retail gravity (Huff model) trade areas, weighted on different features. I also taught spatial analysis to real estate students at university, and Maptitude was our software choice.

Maptitude review by Jayson S.
Jayson S.

"Efficient Software that's very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Using the Maptitude software to separate my territories for me has saved a great deal of time.

What do you dislike?

I've had trouble with having the software not give me available routes when I have multiple sales reps attached to the same zip code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apply for the demo. That'll win you over immediately if you need any of the functions this software provides.

Logistics.

I'm gaining new business without adding drivers or spending any more money.

Maptitude review by Jay S.
Jay S.

"great product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Need to pay attention to some of the initial quirks, but works well once you spend some time

What do you dislike?

Not as easy as Mappoint. The interface does not provide for easy roll-ups, but you can do roll-ups once you figure out the process. By the way, support is fantastic about helping on specifics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make roll-ups from details easier

Works for clients in USA and Canada.

Maptitude review by David R.
David R.

"Quite the best mapping experience I had."

What do you like best?

I like how fast it is, I like the fact that is not online (compared to some other software) and I like how deep you can go with the software.

What do you dislike?

Well, in my case I didn't have all the catalogs, only the Canadian one. Therefore I wish I had all of them. Nonetheless, I think what I dislike is the support that I had when I tried to reach out to Caliper through their Facebook account. I have to admit that once I sent an e-mail to sales, I got a reply within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not even hesitate to go for Maptitude. There is more-than-complete user guide as well as numerous tutorials on YouTube.

Without disclosing anything, I mapped where our customers (in terms of longevity) were churning. Therefore, I had a great idea where competitors were "attacking". Putting it on a map made it easier especially when you have an enormous data set.

Maptitude review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"MAPTITUDE ENHANCES OUR LICENCING SERVICES"

What do you like best?

MAPTITUDE is easy to use yet powerful. When we have needed to ask questions the support has been fast, polite, professional and resolved our need to know how to do something. It has enhanced the service we offer our clients.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we do not like in MAPTITUDE.

Able Medico provides medical licencing services to client. Our applications to government healthcare authorities need to show locations of proposed equipment or practices, proximity to other healthcare organisations, patient catchment areas, incidence of illness by statistical local area and much more. Prior to MAPTITUDE our submission was based on WORDS rather than VISUALS. Maptitude has made it easier for us to build submissions and easier for healthcare authorities to review and approve.

MAPTITUDE has also enhanced the professionalism of our practice in offering the service.

Maptitude review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"Very powerful compared to MapPoint"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is a full GIS which has been replacing Microsoft's discontinued MapPoint product. Compared to MapPoint it is much more powerful, allowing for more 'out of the box' analysis, richer data, and a more powerful API that exposes more 'under the hood' functionality - ideal for custom programming solutions.

The 2016 version of Maptitude adds some territory functionality. This isn't an area I use, but the new implementation fixes the biggest problems with MapPoint's territories (ie. support for partial geographic areas). The Route Manager has also been revamped and is much more powerful and usable compared to the version in 2014 & 2015. Users familiar with MapPoint & Streets&Trips will find the functionality familiar.

What do you dislike?

Being a 'full GIS' means Maptitude can do an awful lot of things. This means there is a much steeper learning curve compared to MapPoint. It also means the base cost is more, but this is still substantially less than most GIS systems on the market (e.g. ArcGIS).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caliper and a number of third party organizations offer training classes. These could be useful to get you started.

Primarily using Maptitude to solve geospatial problems for my customers. Many of these include route distances - for example, finding the efficient location of sales offices to meet known customer location needs.

Maptitude review by Sean Y.
Sean Y.

"Great GIS for Beginners and Experts"

What do you like best?

Maptitude just works! The intuitive interface, and comprehensive documentation and videos allow users to get started quickly. The additions to the data sets and the functionality when we upgraded from Maptitude 2013 to the 2017 version were pretty amazing!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike so far, other than perhaps the fact that i want to do more with the software. I feel like we're only scratching the surface. Time to schedule some training with the fine folks at Caliper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it... you wont be sorry!

We now build our franchise territories with ease. Our organization has benefited from our ability to strategically plan out prospective territories, gauge market penetration of our active franchise territories, and begin to identify what our top performing territories have in common.

Maptitude review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Good value"

What do you like best?

This really is pretty easy to use and the data that is included is quite extensive.

What do you dislike?

Drive time function is not stable. Try doing a 5 minute DT around 100 points and it really struggles and/or crashes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working on that drive time function for batch points

Real estate site analysis and customer profiling.

Maptitude review by Kurt C.
Kurt C.

"Great For Automation!"

What do you like best?

At my company we're pretty heavy into automation. Maptitude offers very user friendly automation of maps. We have clients that need maps created for over 300 stores. Imagine having to manually create 300+ maps. Maptitude can generate those maps in about 20 minutes.

What do you dislike?

At this point I haven't found anything that I really dislike. Maybe as I dive deeper with other projects I will find something. I've used several other mapping products over the years that cause me a lot of grief with crashing, etc. So far so good with Maptitude.

We're helping clients see where their customers/prospects reside by providing them with a very nice map. So far our customers have been very impressed with the detail we've been able to provide on the maps using Maptitude.

Maptitude review by Consultant

"Very powerful analytical tool"

What do you like best?

For a reasonably priced GIS software, the depth of data and the number of tools available to analyze and map the data is fantastic. The ability to export reports and images is also great.

What do you dislike?

While the software is extremely powerful it is not very intuitive or user friendly. I only use the software every couple months and I feel like I have to relearn it every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful at a relatively low cost

We use it to analyze healthcare data and identify locations for medical real estate projects. We've been able to make very informed decisions.

Maptitude review by Federico R.
Federico R.

"Development Project manager"

What do you like best?

The capacity to create your own maps without knowledge of programing

What do you dislike?

No web based or ability to post on the web

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and affordable. no need to upload information or customer database. all Info stays on your computer and not on the cloud.

Retail locations and marketing strategies

Maptitude review by Internal Consultant in Religious Institutions
Internal Consultant in Religious Institutions

"Excellent mappings software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - intuitive and layers that can add any level of sophistication needed

What do you dislike?

Some of the more sophisticated applications require training, but there are plenty of tutorials and the support line is very helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most sophisticated and user friendly mapping software that I know is out there. I spent many months attempting to make ARC GIS adapt to my needs and then experimented with "light" mapping tools out there - this is the absolutely the best and am very happy with Maptitude for solving all of our business analysis needs.

Visualize and better understand specific markets, competitors and demographic trends that will impact my target market

Maptitude review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Maptitude , great GIS software, that delivers.."

What do you like best?

CaliperĀ®ā€™s MaptitudeĀ® product was brought to my attention in September 2014, when I was looking for an alternative for MapPoint. Since then I have used the program in my work as a logistics consultant on many projects both in Europe and in the USA and would recommend it to anyone who is in need of a professional, yet not complicated desktop GIS system.

Key features are ease of use, versatility, flexibility in importing data, geocoding, endless possibilities to enhance maps with colors, to really tell the story of the data, powerful analysis tools. The help file is simply great, offering full explanation of every menu item, with a description how to use and 60 seconds tutorials/files to practise.

What do you dislike?

So far a full European map is missing, however with a bit of effort one could create a European map with free available shapes and use this as a template..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the use of this software to any one in need of a proper mapping tool, I spent quite some time investigating other options and finally decided to go for Maptitude, never regret it.

Predominantly supply chain visibility, restructuring of delivery networks, center of gravity studies and cluster analysis.

The benefits of visualizing data in a map are huge, critical decisions could be made by the clear representation of data in a few maps.

Maptitude review by Louis-AndrƩ D.
Louis-AndrƩ D.

"Maptitude the savior"

What do you like best?

Maptitude have all kinds of nice features. Routing and drive-time radius are by far the greatest.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The new logos and icons layer is for US only.

The program is mostly used for routing. It gives me the best route possible for residents to go fuel up their car. It is the principal factor you have to consider for gas station futur sites.

Maptitude review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Best combination of power, ease of use, and price in a desktop GIS."

What do you like best?

High quality maps that require limited effort to produce due to advanced automatic labeling features. Also includes many spatial analysis tools that not usually available at this price point. Finally, the data that comes with the package is very comprehensive (cartography and demographics).

What do you dislike?

Built-in attribute database requires some getting used to. However, Maptitude links to SQL and can both read and write many database formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All GIS software requires a fairly significant investment of time to get a lot of value from it. I've used almost all desktop GIS packages and Maptitude is by far the best combination of power, ease of use, and price. The key to a good experience is to make sure that the user(s) are given the training and time to learn it and become productive.

Mostly site analysis for commercial real estate. Very powerful tool in meetings where executives are reviewing a map with existing retail locations, proposed sites, competitors, and demographic profiles of trade areas. Maps and reports generated from Maptitude dramatically reduce the time required to make decisions because the critical information is readily available to all parties, including the ability to zoom in and out on maps projected on a screen.

Maptitude review by Grant T.
Grant T.

"Maptitude - full GIS that everyone can afford"

What do you like best?

Includes the GIS functionality that most business users need -

Data entry

Spatially tag data

Spatial data manipulation

Spatial visualization

Maptitude can directly read ESRI SHP files and other popular GIS formats, and inter-operate between the layers while in their native formats

I use both Maptitude by Caliper.com and ArcMap by ESRI.com

Both are excellent.

See my examples at my Channel http://www.youtube.com/grantthrall

What do you dislike?

I would like it to include psychographic data like Tapestry LifeModes from ESRI

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maptitude is symbiotic with ESRI's ArcMap GIS as well as MapInfo. Use alone or with other GIS product.

Market demand, supply, absorption, customer profiling, performance metrics for business and education. In educational performance metrics I with colleague M. Harry Daniels have a patent pending algorithm that can predict with much less than a 3% error the likely performance of a student on a standardized exam, and achievement; this is all done with external data.

Maptitude review by Bob W.
Bob W.

"Enabling a Consulting Career"

What do you like best?

Maptitude has a lot of flexibility. It allows me to combine multiple data bases and prepare property maps that I use in my second career as a neighborhood planning consultant.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be good if Maptitude allowed you to draw shape files that could then be used as layers to cut data, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product that I couldn't do without.

Maptitude allows me to take information from many sources and create maps that can then be used in public meetings to help neighborhood residents make decisions regarding the future of their communities.

Maptitude review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to learn with lots and lots of features"

What do you like best?

My firm likes the redistricting tools in Maptitude. What used to take hours in ArcView we can do in minutes now. The software has a lot of the same features as ESRI's products, but it is less expensive and you don't have to buy the add-on extensions to get the same kind of analysis. My firm changed to Maptitude about three years ago and it was the best thing that we ever did.

What do you dislike?

It is a little awkward to learn how to create selections and sub-selections. But once you get this down, it really offers more query power than you expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a close look. It is a powerful GIS tool with a lot of functionality.

Redistrict analysis is excellent with Maptitude. We also use the built-in data layers for analysis. We can build maps in probably half the time we used to take with ArcView.

Maptitude review by Manu P.
Manu P.

"powerful, well thought out, intelligently crafted, efficient, cost effective"

What do you like best?

having worked with a few different GIS packages in the past, I'm impressed to note Maptitude is a comprehensive blend of best features that are more than likely to meet the needs of most users.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, turn around for a service request might take longer than expected/required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deploying Maptitude is a great point of initiation into the realm of business GIS

geo-demographics, strategy, richer insights, improved ROI

Maptitude review by Brett L.
Brett L.

"My initial take on Maptitude 2016. "

What do you like best?

As a user of Maptitute for the past 5 years, I can say that I am continually impressed at the improvements that have been made with each iteration of the software. I use the software primarily for business/retail applications, institutional research, and in transportation geography (logistics) analyses. This past weekend, I had the opportunity to install Maptitute 2016 (64 bit architecture). Previous installations of Maptitude on my computer have used the 32 bit architecture. While the software loads even faster, my initial observation is in the icons and toolbar interfaces on the Maptitude desktop. While the icons are slightly different than in the 32 bit architecture; however, they are intuitive and relatively easy to discern. The most noticeable improvement is the on-screen regeneration speed, which is now super-fast. This is critical, especially when you have many layers on, or are labeling features. The faster speed means better productivity by the end user. Another improvement is in the area of CPU and memory intensive operations such as drive-time rings. Now, one can do drive-time rings out beyond the 240 minute (4 hour) threshold that existed in previous versions. I did an 8-hour drive-time (without running an overlay or report) using the street layer and it only took a minute to run the process and create the rings. The new territory tool looks promising as well, even though I have not had a chance to work with that as of yet. For the price, Maptitude 2016, is hands down the best desktop GIS software on the market.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see lifestyle segmentation and consumer spending pattern data available. While it would be a nice added bonus feature; it does not detracts from all of the other features offered in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent out-of-box software for the price.

I use it often for business geography purposes, including trade area analysis, site selection identification, and logistics work.

Maptitude review by James D.
James D.

"Great GIS, Valuable Replacement for Microsoft MapPoint"

What do you like best?

Basic geographic analysis capabilities, it's a lot of functionality for the price and not too difficult to learn.

What do you dislike?

Speed at which map redraws, even on a faster computer. May be an issue with all geographic systems (GIS) and laptop graphics cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great replacement for Microsoft MapPoint, which was sun-setted in 2014 I believe. It's got far more features than MapPoint did; however it also takes quite a bit more training and practice to use. The price is relatively inexpensive for a basic geographic information system (GIS). Overall we are very satisfied with the product.

Mapping historical service calls, territory planning, basic vehicle routing, assigning customers to closest facility

Maptitude review by Administrator

"My Job Revolves Around Maptitude "

What do you like best?

I like that when I create a mapping project, I can open it easily and quickly get back to work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the color palette is always a little different every year when I upgrade! Why can't they leave those colors alone?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many options with this product! I hardly scratch the surface of Maptitude, and know it can handle just about anything!

I use labels on my maps with information from the FFIEC.

Maptitude review by Rudy B.
Rudy B.

"Best GIS by far"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the most powerful GIS I've used for teaching and research.

What do you dislike?

Mac version not available ... although I use bootcamp to run Maptitude smoothly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it and don't get swayed by Arcgis even though it is referred to frequently. The software engineering for Arcgis is poor at best. Simple tasks takes much longer than when using Maptitude ...

I teach and advice a few startups in Silicon Valley and L.A. and they love Maptitude especially when they see the competition ...

Maptitude review by Consultant in Public Policy
Consultant in Public Policy

"Maptitude - the GIS product for Beginners and Professionals"

What do you like best?

Along with its excellent documentation and on-line Youtube video tips, the Caliper support team has been very helpful to me in resolving any technical issues. Besides the robust toolkit under the hood, the bundle of free data and the flexibility of the program as a spatial data conversion engine are very helpful to me as a planning consultant working with so many users of other GIS products. With Maptitude, I can build a project using many types of data and output the project files in virtually any format desired by the user. It's like having the Google language translator for spatial analysis and mapping applications!

What do you dislike?

If a project uses some of the proprietary data layers from NavTech, a watermark is automatically printed on any map using these data layers and cannot be surpressed in the map set-up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use, the value of the product and supplied datasets and the quality of the support provided by the company and the user community makes Maptitude an unbeatable package for all kinds of spatiaal data analysis. I used to challenge college interns trained in ArcGIS to use Maptitude on various planning projects and, after taking the quick tutorial and working through the assignment, they universally preferred Maptitude over ArcGIS. The program cures many problems with ArcGIS datasets and ought to be used by every ArcGIS user to ensure toplogical integrity with every shp file in their library!

I have used Maptitude in regional and local urban planning applications, such as land use and land cover mapping, geocoding business, emergency incident and other location-based data; emergency response time analysis for fire & rescue operations, The program has always helped the client visualize the spatial patterns inherent with these data and understand the impact of service changes, whether it means redefining service territories, school districts or political representation districts.

Maptitude review by Murtaza H.
Murtaza H.

"Spatial analytics: the next big thing in big data"

What do you like best?

Maptitude offers the best value for money. It costs half as much as the other software and packs as much, if not more, functionality.

What do you dislike?

It can have a more modern looking user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are starting off in GIS and spatial analytics, Maptitude offers the best functionality and support at an affordable price. Put simply, it offers the highest return on investment for a GIS platform.

I study and research urban economics, housing markets, and travel behaviour. Maptitude is part of my drawing board for analytics. I analyze spatial data by first mapping it and then running analytics within Maptitude and for advanced methods, I export data to other statistical software.

Maptitude review by Consultant

"Excellent product...but you have to work for it"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is a very flexible mapping platform with a robust demographics package available for purchase. It is an excellent tool to generate custom maps with and perform spatial analysis.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is pretty basic. The web tutorials teach one how to use the rudimentary functions of Maptitude but in my opinion, not much more. If you want to make the software sing,you have to teach it the tune one your own.

Maptitude is utilized in my real estate consulting practice advising clients on a variety of issues. I have found Maptitude to be a very cost effective way to fulfill the data needs of my practice.

Maptitude review by Saige L. P.
Saige L. P.

"Great Value"

What do you like best?

While ArcGIS may have a lot of features and open source maps, Mapititude is great for two reasons: 1. Its not a SaaS product. 2. Its demographic overlays are extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of prebuilt maps. Sometimes the data overlay doesn't match the layer below. Seems like they are a few GPS coordinates off as a whole. Still trying to figure out how to properly create beautiful heat maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do have a CAD/Transit program, though we have no need for it in my role.

Analyzing what similarities we have between offices.

Maptitude review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Maptitude is versatile, powerful and easy to use mapping/GIS software"

What do you like best?

The cost of the software is very appealing, and much more reasonable than ArcGIS. The ability to incorporate different file formats (.shp, .txt, .tiff) in the mapping process is a very important component in the work that I do. The interface for basic functions is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced functions of the software have a steep learning curve. Also, .xlsx outputs have a file corruption issue that requires reformatting after output. I would like the ability to update street layers between the yearly updates more easily

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small business with straightforward GIS, Mapping and Geo coding needs, Maptitude is a perfect product that will meet all of your needs. It can also be part of a comprehensive marketing solution, or part of a GIS enabled solution.

Resource allocation, visualization of customer and response data, geographic assignment. The product is part of out process to allow our client to more tightly and clearly target their marketing efforts.

Maptitude review by Jon K.
Jon K.

"Above average final product, frustrating to format."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there are a lot of capabilities available within the software. The final view allows for a nice visual that is tough to get without some type of mapping software. Lots of options as well.

What do you dislike?

Making any changes to the map causes a slight delay in the editing process every time. It is very difficult to make changes and even more difficult to try to do new things. In the end, it should be a very easy user experience. In this day of technology, that is what an end user expects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know all of the capabilities that are available. Ensure that you go through training to know how to take full advantage of the many features available. Without training and knowledge it is a very basic mapping software.

We wanted to map out customers on a map to ensure that territories were equally distributed. The color options are pretty deep.

Maptitude review by Rima I.
Rima I.

"Very efficient product!"

What do you like best?

the software is very easy to use and can do a lot of analysis

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel It takes time open the maps and combine other maps into it,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful if it is a little bit faster to export data in a map, open a map and combine other maps.

It has helped me a lot with making strategic decisions for my analysis

Maptitude review by Nick N.
Nick N.

"Maptitude - Excellent GIS at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is possibly the best priced GIS software/data package on the market today. It comes with a phenomenal amount of data, which if bought through normal channels would cost in the thousands of dollars. The complete Maptitude software and data package retails at around $US700.

The typical Maptitude data library includes roads and rail networks, landmark features, lakes, rivers and waterways and a wide range of census geography and demographic attributes. You can literally install the software and within moments have the data you need to produce thematic maps of key demographic variables and then proceed onto more sophisticated analysis such as trade area modelling, network analysis, route studies etc.

One feature that I love is the ability to produce output in Google Earth kmz format. Which means that I can deliver data and geography to clients in a format that they can use instantly which also has a huge 'wow' factor.

What do you dislike?

The software has been around for a number of years now and while it never ceases to improve in functionality it badly needs some makeup! It looks dated; not that that should put users off, but compared to the glitz and glamour of software developed more recently, it looks very much like someone's ageing uncle...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Maptitude to the general business community beacuse of it's low cost, huge data library, great functionality and general ease of use (here comes that word "intuitive" again)

I've used the software for a very wide range of business problems. The simplest has been in producing basic maps for franchise and sales territory design. The census attributes and easy to use selection tools take a lot of the pain away. More sophisticated uses include retail site analysis, evaluation of "greenfield" sites and with some innovative "reverse engineering" market segmentation of consumers. Perhaps the best feature has been as abase for fusing data from a wide variety of sources. The tool has been used to identify the location of target markets and monitor the marketing and merchandising activities undertaken in small areas. That in turn has lead to to more efficient and better understood micro-marketing solutions.

Maptitude review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Maptitude"

What do you like best?

Compared to ESRI, Maptitude is a quicker learning curve and does everything basic ArcMap does.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is not as quick as I would like but it is damn faster than ESRI

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training classes you may not need them but they do help with the migration from ESRI or Mappoint to Maptitude

Telling the story through maps within reports is a big plus and the hot spot maps further refine the story.

Maptitude review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Good tool for a variety of problems"

What do you like best?

Simple interface; good availability of data (and often it's free); easy to use; simple to administer

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of data in other formats that I would love to be able to incorporate into Maptitude

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and Administer; I've never had to call support!

General mapping; # and location of facilities compared to others; We've been able to improve our reports to our customers with excellent depictions of the results;

Maptitude review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Excellent and affordable GIS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the ability to import and export many formats

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to set a default directory, since my GIS data is stored one folder with numerous sub folders for communities and projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to set a default directory.

The software is used for community and resource planning. Its a vital tool for conducting analysis and creating maps for plans.

Maptitude review by Pamela H.
Pamela H.

"An indispensable tool"

What do you like best?

Maptitude provides invaluable information for the organizations with which I work. I am not a GIS professional, and the program is pretty usable for a non-professional. This enables organizations to easily see who they are serving and who that are not serving.

What do you dislike?

The installs are a little flaky, and re-installs are often require tech support. Downloads expire which makes reinstalling difficult sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to be able to calculate drive times for longer distances, like up to 10 hours.

I work with nonprofit organizations. This product helps to provide a basis to evaluate services and reach, and plan for new service areas.

Maptitude review by Norm S.
Norm S.

"Mapping beyond my expectations "

What do you like best?

The number of tools to present and manage territories and data.

What do you dislike?

the downside if you can call it that

is so much power means a learning curve

I am new to mapping data and doing territories but I am able to get something together

I have just started

first thing we will do is clean up territories and assign proper resources to them

Maptitude review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Mapping target and analysis populations "

What do you like best?

The level of detailed demographic information the software contains and also the option to upload statistics relevant to our specific company needs

What do you dislike?

Understandably, it took some time for the software to generate maps and it also crashed on me several times (including when I was demoing in front of my boss) while using the office wireless connection. I understand this is due to the amount of information it is processing, though it would have been helpful to discover this before presenting the software.

We are learning where the population our company hopes to reach is primarily located throughout the United States, and how best reach them based on their location. This is effecting our marketing and sales strategy

Maptitude review by Vicki O.
Vicki O.

"Analysis relatively easy"

What do you like best?

I like the easy geocoding of addresses and the ability to analyze socioeconomic data with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

The data available is not as extensive as some other software for business analysis, but still quite powerful.

I am analyzing market areas and drive-time areas for local events. The software helps to identify neighborhoods for marketing and a customer base.

Maptitude review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"Fairly easy mapping"

What do you like best?

Learning a new program can take a while, but I was able to call up help and was walked through the process of making simple forested property maps.

What do you dislike?

Property boundaries overlays are not available even though $30 phone apps have them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it an honest try. I am technologically impaired, and I managed to make it work for my purposes within about 4 hours of fumbling based on ESRI familiarity and after one half hour phone call, I had enough to make it come together.

Making maps all in one place. Used to have to incorporate several programs to make a map for customers.

Maptitude review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Powerful analytics"

What do you like best?

I can map and interact with my data very easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't think that there is anything in particular I dislike, once I have learned how to get what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a complete package of powerful data and tools

We use Maptitude to understand relative locations between different sites (imported data)

Maptitude review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"I have been amazed with Maptitude and Caliper's customer service and training tools. "

What do you like best?

As a former MapPoint user, I appreciate how intuitive Maptitude is. I also appreciate the fact that I am able to import my MapPoint information and have it work with Maptitude.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not found anything about the product which I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am very satisfied with this product and company. I am a user who needs hands on training and I appreciate that there are so many training opportunities to choose from.

Since I just got my hands on this app, I still have a great deal to learn. I have already created territory maps and driving time rings for all of my offices across the country.

"Logistic Analyst Mapping"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use once oriented to it. The user guide was an excellent tool before I could attend training.

What do you dislike?

I wish MileagePlus was apart of the package and not an add on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial

Ability to forecast needs more accurately through the mapping of prior year data.

Maptitude review by Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Internal Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"All the best of GIS with a better User Interface"

What do you like best?

Having worked with both Maptitude and ArcGIS I can honestly say this program is easier to use and produces equal if not better results. The user interface is very intuitive and the web tutorials have been able to clear up any questions I've run across.

What do you dislike?

The map reload time on the 2015 version was a bit slow but the 2016 upgrade is a lot faster!

We've been able to map our users and use the cluster analysis to quickly and easily identify to upper level management which individuals should be serviced by which locations. This has helped us streamline our outreach efforts and work more efficiently.

Maptitude review by User

"Maptitude is an extremely powerful and versatile desktop GIS."

What do you like best?

Maptitude is a very powerful and versatile desktop GIS program that is very easy to learn. You'll be up in no time creating custom maps with your own data. If migrating from other GIS programs you'll be hope in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better organization of the color picker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful and versatile and very easy to use. You'll be creating fantastic custom maps in very little time.

Research on a variety of urban problems using census tracts, custom polygons, and point data

"Love maptitude!"

What do you like best?

ability to visualize my territory and map out strategic planning

What do you dislike?

need to learn more of the capabilities since I'm likely only tapping into the surface of all maptitude has to offer

how to strategically grow territory and optimize current locations and routes

Maptitude review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"15-year user of Maptitude"

What do you like best?

The is reasonable Price, especially since it is inclusive of all country geographies and it is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if street and ZIP Code files were updated more than once per year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Parcel map layers would be helpful.

Various. Mapping of point data with various themes. Presentation of out service areas.

Maptitude review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Use Maptitute extensively to evaluate new market's potential for expansion."

What do you like best?

Flexibility of working with different layers of data. Being able to combine my data with demographic data within counties, drive-time rings or zip codes is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Needing to manual piece together data from different layers of data to create a full report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo using your own data and have them demonstrate the specific uses you will require. I found that they where able to recommend more efficient solutions since I was structured to use MapPoint. They improved my process and accuracy.

Evaluating underserved markets that warrant campus expansion. Tracking the growth of competitors programs.

Maptitude review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"best bang for the buck"

What do you like best?

With a reasonable amount of effort to learn Maptitide, a businessperson can become functional enough to do meaningful mapping and analysis.

The online tutorials are excellent tools to learn methods of use.

What do you dislike?

There is no printed handbook supplied. I copied the file and had it printed at FedEx.

It would also be helpful to have the online tutorials in a single downloadable file so these could also be printed for use as an applications handbook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good and serviceable all around GIS solution

Retail and commercial location analysis to identify, and qualify new retail and commercial sites.

Maptitude review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Maptitude has been a helpful tool to introduce civil engineering students to GIS"

What do you like best?

Aside having similar capabilities to ArcGIS, in my experience maptitude rarely hangs or crashes, and you can always use the escape (esc) button to stop a process if it is slow

What do you dislike?

Just unfamiliarity at first since I was using ArcGIS before. Also, there is not a lot of documentation online if you have issues. I guess it is because it does not have as many users as ArcGIS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good engine. The same as the TransCAD but it has a learning curve if you are used to ArcMap.

We basically use maptitude for lab. We go through most of the important functions like join and overlay.

Maptitude review by William C.
William C.

"Great Mapping Program"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very straight forward to use and produces great maps with the tools that Maptitude offers. Also, I like that it has the capability to do so much with data imports and how it can be displayed on maps.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the depths of the menus. Sometimes it took a bit long to find a feature or an item that would be easier if it was on top of a list or window.

It has worked great and clients like how legible the maps are and their data being seen live on a map. It really tells the story.

Maptitude review by Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering
Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering

"UtilizaĆ§Ć£o do Maptitude"

What do you like best?

VisualizaĆ§Ć£o de fluxos de transporte sobreposta a dados socioeconĆ“micos e ambientais, o que possibilita sugerir ou justificar a formulaĆ§Ć£o de modelos para adequaĆ§Ć£o da malha viĆ”ria de uma regiĆ£o.

What do you dislike?

A alimentaĆ§Ć£o do software Ć© complicada pela dificuldade de transpor dados do excel para o Maptitude.

Excelente visualizaĆ§Ć£o de problemas e soluƧƵes em apresentaƧƵes de trabalhos.

Maptitude review by User in Research
User in Research

"Easy and neat program"

What do you like best?

This program helps me to make a nice map.

What do you dislike?

Their database is too expensive for students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Maptitude is the program worthy of experience. You may try that.

But if you are a student, you can try a student trial version.

Maptitude review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Fantastic Mapping System"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is capable of just about anything you could think of. I use it primarily for CRA purposes (creating assessment areas, dot density maps, etc.) but we have also used it for marketing and deposit mapping as well.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a little high at first, but once you get accustomed to the system it is very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a demo video and you will have a better idea of how the software is utilized.

Having this software has allowed us to internally perform mapping tasks without having to rely on costly vendors to do it on our behalf.

Maptitude review by Jacqueline S.
Jacqueline S.

"GIS for Transportation Planning"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and range of options for selecting features. I also like the ability to easily offset routes and create thematic mapping.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to export maps to Adobe Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for transportation GIS applications and for thematic mapping.

I am able to quickly create maps and analyze GIS data.

Maptitude review by User in Computer Software

"Maptitude"

What do you like best?

Great program and very user friendly! I have very little mapping experience and have not had any difficulty learning this product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the product is great and very easy to use.

Mapping current banks that use our core system and products.

Maptitude review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Helpful tool and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Using the distance calculator for each point.

What do you dislike?

Some areas are quite confusing- more training would be nice

Learning where and how far our customers travel to come to us. We can be more precise in our targeting efforts.

Maptitude review by Aimee P.
Aimee P.

"Great program and great support!"

What do you like best?

I loved having the one on one training with Tracy Horgan of Maptitude - she made a world of difference!

What do you dislike?

Initially, the program wasn't as intuitive, but with the right training, I was able to fly!

Understanding specific market dynamics across several sales channels.

Maptitude review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Moving Forward with Maptitude"

What do you like best?

I have reviewed most of what is available on the market and what I like most is the multiple layers that can be tuned on and off with this product.

What do you dislike?

As simple as this product is it can be seen by the many as very complicated and in some ways overwhelming. I think the Multitude realizes this places short drop down menus to remedy the solution.

I am currently analyzing multiple Warehouse and DC's to find a solution for shipping.

Maptitude review by Consultant

"fantastic product full of a wide range of mapping data that is easy to analyse and display"

What do you like best?

The user experience and the wealth of data

What do you dislike?

Installation download used to be slow but this has been resolved in the latest 2018 release

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

Demand analysis and optimisation

Maptitude review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Custom Data Extraction by Map."

What do you like best?

The ability to extract our census tract level data by clicking on the map.

What do you dislike?

Customer Support is hit or miss, depending on who takes the question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at their tutorials and have a conversation with the sales team. Maptitude has capabilities that are not immediately apparent when viewing the website.

I use Maptitude to extract our own custom census tract level data from the map itself.

"Maptitude Review"

What do you like best?

Maptitude has an easy-to-use interface and its map creation features are very simple to comprehend.

What do you dislike?

When making changes to attribute tables, a confirmation to edit popup window will help instead of a straight forward edit. This could lead to permanent loss of previous work if the user isn't very careful.

I'm currently using maptitude for accessibility studies and it seems using caliper products such as maptitude and TransCAD get things done much easier.

Maptitude review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Love Maptitude"

What do you like best?

Maptitude is very powerful. I like that you can easily use it with Excel and Access. The support community is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Maptitude is a bit expensive, but worth the price. If you're not a mapping expert, you most likely will need to attend training to use it.

I've created corporate maps for company-wide use, as well as maps on the fly to see who sells where and where competitors are located.

Maptitude review by User

"Good for learning - Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

It has a common working interface to other Caliper software's. For GIS software education meets the expectations perfectly. I have contacted Caliper's customer service to use academic license. I received an almost immediate reply from a Caliper's customer service representative indicating that Caliper can provide me some license for Maptitude free of charge for teach! It was wonderful! I recommend this program to anyone looking for basic to intermediate functionality in a GIS program.

What do you dislike?

It would be interesting to have more tools for development of networks.

- Teach transportation engineering .

- Use layers of states, districts and roads.

- Combine geographic information.

"Maptitude Review"

What do you like best?

Visualization, geocoding and heat maps.

What do you dislike?

lack statistics funct, annual update fee

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessen update pricing it is too much.

Include free training.

Increase geospatial analysis abilities

Mostly geocoding for our jurisdiction and mapping for manuscripts

Maptitude review by User in Higher Education

"Simple, versatile, powerful software in a low-cost package"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and easy to afford, but powerful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Perhaps only that Maptitude is too little known in the GIS arena.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look before purchasing another product. This one packs a ton of power, includes a ton of free data, reads every other software's file formats, and can be customized as much as you want.

I use Maptitude regularly for locating key constituents and analyzing various attributes geographically.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Importing data and creating your own maps is easy once you learn the program.

What do you dislike?

Territory creation seems a little clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient in learning the software. It has so many features that are useful but it takes time to learn it.

We've been able to map locations based on GPS coordinates. This allows for targeted research.

Maptitude review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Will be using for instructural purposes"

What do you like best?

The customer representative was friendly and warm and the map software speaks for its self

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. I would need to use it some more to determine so

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the software in the classroom

Classroom instructions cyber attacks locations

Maptitude review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Clunky, but functional"

What do you like best?

I like the underlying population data that was included with the 2018 upgrade.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use: difficult to navigate btwn layers. Harder still to adjust layers without removing them.

We successfully use maptitude to display hospital data, including underlying medicare rates and patient origins.

"Maptitude for President"

What do you like best?

I like that there are national census tract maps

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there are no national census block maps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a subscription option. Make ESRI products superfluous by undercutting their monopoly. 3D coming soon?

My go-to GIS, can't wait till you surpass ESRI.

Maptitude review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Maptitude"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer support!!! Quick and effective.

What do you dislike?

The software has a steep learning curve. They are very supportive via phone, but this software should be ancillary to my work as a data scientist; rather, I've spent over 50 percent on my client's budget trying to figure out the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steep learning curve, but powerful when understood.

Using the software for predictive modeling

Maptitude review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Useful for Location-specific Marketing"

What do you like best?

It's easy to overlay layers of data and customize the look of your map.

What do you dislike?

It was frustrating to not have an undo button. It also crashed on me a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ArcGIS accepts more file types than Maptitude.

I used Maptitude to target customers within a specific radius. It allowed me to easily analyze and represent customer density. As a result, our marketing was targeted to geographically-appropriate areas.

Maptitude review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Maptitude Review"

What do you like best?

Geocoding customers of clients to better analyse their needs

What do you dislike?

Not the most user friendly platform. Could use more tutorials.

We use this software to help client obtain proximity to customers.

Maptitude review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Traffic trip generation graphics"

What do you like best?

I used Maptitude to create graphics for traffic trip generation on Traffic Studies. It was user-friendly and produced nice graphics. GIS software was good. Nice way to graphically represent data.

What do you dislike?

Customization was limited in some areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to graphically represent data

Graphic representation of data

Maptitude review by Consultant in Logistics and Supply Chain
Consultant in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Decent Product"

What do you like best?

Linking origin and destination lines. The route tools and other transit time features.

What do you dislike?

Not astatically appealing maps or graphics. Having to reload the data every time a user wants to make a chance is not efficient.

Optimized logistics and product distribution using Maptitiude program.

Maptitude review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the software is your clean layout.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, only good things in the software.

The mapping and georeferencing of small towns in my region.

Maptitude review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Maptitude is a great resource"

What do you like best?

Layers of maps and the accuracy of locations

What do you dislike?

The product is difficult to use, but can be learned, and there is information available online

Breast cancer rates related to location of mammography facilities

Maptitude review by Agency in Research
Agency in Research

"Maptitude Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is cheaper than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it has limited options.

I used it for research- it works but it takes time.

Learning about Maptitude?

* We monitor all Maptitude reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.