Marchex

4.0
(160 reviews)

Marchex provides solutions that help companies drive more calls, understand what happens on those calls, and convert more of those callers into customers. Our actionable intelligence strengthens the connection between companies and their customers to help brands maximize their marketing investments and acquire the best customers.

Work for Marchex?

Learning about Marchex?

Marchex Reviews

Ask Marchex a Question
Showing 163 Marchex reviews
Marchex review by Kat R.
Kat R.

"Already Recommended - Y'all make life easy."

What do you like best?

Affordable. Easy to use. Customer Service is better than any other. I've always had prompt help. Staff is knowledgeable and easy to understand. AND THE CALL DNA!! When you got that, it was SO GREAT to visually be able to hop around calls, see how many rings we take to answer, and more. Really great stuff.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface will seem to pop you out to the main dashboard when I expect it to keep me in the customer dashboard. Then I have to re-select my main account to keep navigating. Not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've already recommended Marchex to a number of companies within our Mobile Electronics Specialists of America partners. Many have reached out to us after demonstrating how well Marchex works for us. We love that multiple users can engage and listen to their staff to help throughout training and improving customer service. I don't think we fully utilize the tags and other call analytics within Marchex to make discussions in house and reporting easier.

Call analytics mainly, and also reviewing how our employees handle customers on the phone. This helps us shape how we guide our employees, how our employees guide our customers, and helps us to stay consistent across 18 locations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marchex
Marchex review by Alycia W.
Alycia W.

"Marchex Makes Call Tracking Easy"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Marchex is its ease of use. The first time I set up an account and added phone numbers, I was intimidated, thinking I might make a mistake. The process was so easy that I had no issues during or after setup. With all of the data available, ad tracking across other platforms can become overwhelming and confusing. Marchex uses a simple interface that is easy to navigate and reporting is straight to the point, making it easy to see only the results you want and not a bunch of extra information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Marchex. I appreciate how easy call tracking has been made by using their services.

With the use of Marchex we are able to try something different and track the performance of those of our ads which include a phone number.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

Marchex review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Great Call Tracking System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of their platform and finding data. Demonstrating results to clients is very easy and we always encourage people to log in.

Through the API connection we are able to incorporate the call data into our proprietary dashboard. This allows us to keep all data together in one login for our customers.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to find the "blue edit" link in the call logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to need difficult area codes at any point, make sure you try to get them prior to needing i.e. 212, 718, etc.

In today's day and age of internet advertising, many new tactics are originally met with skepticism. We use the Marchex system to validate the results we are getting for our clients. Tracking online actions is easy using free programs like Google Analytics. However, many small and mid-sized companies really want to get the phone calls directly to their teams. archex helps us quantify the results and continue to prove value to our clientele.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Marchex user for 10 years"

What do you like best?

I have used Marchex for 10 years. The service is incredible whenever I have a question or a minor problem. Letting my clients know whenever they get a call reinforces the value we provide. The monthly reports directly to my clients keeps them coming back month after month. The ability to listen to calls is amazing when a client suspects the worst. I have been able to save every client complaint with tangible results and the names of leads that have come in. The system has helped my business grow and to maintain existing customers for years.

What do you dislike?

I find nothing wrong that I would correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to track calls, pricing and service are superior

When a client feels that results are lacking, I can listen to calls and give them feedback as to all the leads received. With this system I can spot problems before the client and make needed corrections to my advertising efforts.

Marchex review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"amazing product giving insight into all of my marketing programs"

What do you like best?

Ability to track and understand the lead sources and ability to qualify leads to better understand the costs of my marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to explain and have clients understand what call tracking is and how it works. A down and dirty simple explanation could help us turn more clients onto the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to improve and understand what is happening with your marketing and sales team. You can not only evaluate what tactics are driving leads but how your sales team is closing the deal.

We use this service primarily to understand what leads are converting and how. We are able to see the full picture of how our marketing efforts are doing and what are the final costs per conversion.

Marchex review by John K.
John K.

"Very Good Platform for Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

Working with Marchex offers a lot of very good and very useful features. Keyword Level Tracking is essential for any pay per click advertising you run and Marchex offers a very simple, easy to set up and easy to use solution. We were able to double our conversion rates and improve Clients' ROI consistently when using Marchex for call Tracking. Outstanding Customer Service. Always there, always available and always very friendly.

What do you dislike?

we ran into 2 issues with Marchex. the first was difficulty trouble shooting problems. Customer Service was always available but we not always fully knowledgeable on issues or trouble shooting problems. I was often put on hold so that the customer service rep could ask someone else what the solution was instead of just putting me on the phone with the person they were talking to. I could never get past the customer service front line to talk directly to a technician or programmer. The other issue was the lack of availability of the sales team. We needed to increase our contract limits and it took almost a month just to get our designated sales rep on the phone. We needed more phone numbers right away and

had to go through hoops to essentially spend more money with them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product good company to work with. Only complaint is the lack of Advanced Support when an Advance Issue arises

Track off line performance for Pay per click advertising for clients. We trackied phone calls directly linked to our clients' adwords and bing pay per click ad campaigns. We were able to track calls to the Keyword Level and optimize campaign ad spend and increase ROI on every client we managed using Marchex.

Marchex review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good service, somewhat clunky UI"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. The service is consistent and reliable - I've never have had any major issues with the Javascript code for rewrites, and over the past 3+ years of using Marchex there have been very few issues with service uptime or call forwarding. The few major issues that I did experience were handled quickly and professionally, with someone always following up to keep our business informed. Service reps have always been friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a bit outdated, and feels a bit clunky and disorganized. Especially for first time users, it can be confusing trying find your way around the platform. Not intuitive.

The Javascript code for phone number rewrites does not support cross domain tracking, which is a hugely important feature for our business. So we've had to develop and maintain our own Javascript code for this purpose. Unfortunately they seem to be a bit slow to push out new features which require changes to their rewrite code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a stable and consistent Call Analytics provider with friendly, helpful, and prompt service reps, Marchex is excellent. However if you value great user experience and intuitive design, you might be disappointed in the platform admin interface.

Marchex provides insights into our internet marketing strategies by allowing us to trace qualified phone leads back to a source. We are able to assess ad performance based on this information, and subsequently make strategic changes and optimizations to our marketing plans.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great service with numerous features"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set-up. We are able to have phone number campaigns created and live on a website/ads within about an hour per account. We especially love the new features that have been added throughout the years - such as the ability to order new numbers immediately without having to wait the request to be approved. These help us to improve our own productivity.

Additionally, the customer service is always available and helpful. If we have a question, calling in or emailing is always a pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

Creating users and permissions have some limitations when you're working with a main parent account and trying to give one person access to numerous sub-accounts.

1) Certain filters in reporting are not accessible for parent account users when looking at sub-account reports.

2) You cannot use the same email address within numerous sub-accounts without using tricky upper/lowercase spellings.

I wish this would be streamlined a little better for users with multiple accounts. However we have found that the user abilities are a lot more advanced over other platforms that do not even allow parent/sub-accounts.

The ability to attribute calls to specific campaigns is invaluable information. This feature in itself is very important to our needs. Then further being able to record calls and attribute context to the call is very helpful in our reporting.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Call tracking made simple."

What do you like best?

The dashboard is user-friendly and the reports are easy to digest. I also appreciate the prompt responses received whenever I email a question to the Marchex team.

What do you dislike?

Setting up new users for individual clients under our main account is somewhat confusing. I always figure it out in the end, but I have to log in to the new user's account to ensure they don't have access to all clients' call tracking information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very simple platform where you can view reporting information, calls, etc. from one dashboard.

We're able to track the performance of a variety of marketing pieces - mainly by viewing the number of unique callers. The ability to listen to calls is also nice, as it helps us validate whether or not a specific call is "legit".

Marchex review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Usage is key to ad sales and Marchex is key to showing usage!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility, reporting and analytics all come together with Marchex Call Tracking! I have employed the services of Marchex in the last three companies to track, measure and prove usage in various advertising formats. We have also sued the Marchex Tracking Numbers to measure responses to our own advertising. The reports are detailed, visual and simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

Many report options but no way I can see to template a report for quick access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried many, always come back to Marchex! Best value, reports, options and reliability! The ability to show the DNA of every call to a customer not only elimiantes any question of performance of the ad, it sets us up as reliable and provable providers of advertising! Providing analytics for a digital advertising placement is great, everyone can do that. But providing the actual call DNA including a recording of the actual call knocks it out of the park!

Proving usage of both print and digital advertising with detail and third party credibility gives us an edge that dominates our competition!

Marchex review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Good basic call tracking software"

What do you like best?

The UI is pretty user friendly. It is easy to pull reports based on what you are looking for. It also integrates nicely with Marin. Their customer support is very helpful and knowledgable about the product.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more integrations with other third party platforms. I would also be nice to be able to set up automated reoccuring reports based on criteria that you provide.

We are able to track calls at the keyword level as well as track post click calls.

Marchex review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Solid Services + Measurable Results = More Profit for My Agency"

What do you like best?

The ability to clearly show a client what is working and provide them an ROI/cost of acquisition per channel.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer service is stellar and easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple, proven way to substantiate your marketing efforts are working on behalf of the service-oriented or direct response client, I can think of no better way than Marchex's phone tracking.

We also use it to evaluate calls and do training to improve conversions. Many times a CEO or company manager is very surprised to listen to how his or her call center or call receivers are handling calls. Of course, if the call is answered in a great fashion, it gives him or her the opportunity to celebrate the employee!

The ability to answer anytime a client asks, What is the campaign or media channel really doing for us?

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Using Marchex as Call Tracking Vendor "

What do you like best?

I like the breakdown of the calls and the keyword optimization or discovery. I like the ease of the reporting system and user experience in the UI.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the different views to listen to the calls. When I jump around screens I am constantly needing to adjust the dates even though I just did so on the previous screen.

We are identifying what types of leads are coming through our digital campaigns and where users are finding our clients. I like the different reporting traffic channels. You can see if the user is coming from paid or organic and what they are looking for.

Marchex review by Ozzy G.
Ozzy G.

"Review of Marchex Call Analytics"

What do you like best?

The customer service. Every time I have a question or concern, the representatives are always courteous and eager to help. I also like the ability to add clients as users.

I find the call recording feature to be particularly useful with my ecommerce clients to track offline conversion value.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little clunky. Also, in the call logs, the setting time in the reports is a little tedious. I also find setting up rewrites to be less than intuitive. There are a lot of steps. Finally, setting business hours should have some cascading options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it's possible to make code implementation easier, that would help. I have found several times that the number changer doesn't play nice with Google Tag Manager.

We are a step closer to proving offline value to our clients. The benefits of call tracking through Marchex help me prove to clients the value our paid search efforts are having beyond tracking conversions.

Marchex review by Katie G.
Katie G.

"Wonderful product with great reporting features and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Great customer service! They're respond to emails within a few hours and can always get someone on the phone right away, if needed, to answer a quick question about a feature, look into an issue, or get a phone number ordered.

What do you dislike?

I've occasionally have had a problem for a client (based around the connection time for a call to connect to their office phone) that has not been resolved. All arrows point to Marchex but a solution has yet to be found. They've checked multiple times for me and have seen nothing wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Marchex a try! It's a great program with great customer service to help you out any way they can. The only thing I'd be weary of is using the whisper files as we've had multiple issues with them over several different clients.

I'm able to give my clients tangible results with the exact number of calls coming in through specific tracking numbers. Marchex has great reporting features that show days of the week and times the calls are coming in. I can also show my clients the number of calls NOT being answered and the potential business they're losing. VERY helpful tool for our company.

Marchex review by Dora T.
Dora T.

"It has been insightful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the call log function, user tracking and the automated reports.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to cancel an automated report and hard to fast forward within the calls in Google chrome

We are tracking calls to leads conversion. It has been helpful to know how our print ads are performing with the individual numbers assigned to them.

Marchex review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Great Value"

What do you like best?

The ability to put tracking numbers for clients wherever we need to, whether print or online, and be able to correlate the calls to specific campaigns is priceless.

What do you dislike?

The only thing there is to dislike, which is not their fault, is the influx of spam dialers who seem to find their way to some of the numbers. But Marchex is working on that, and it isn't their fault.

You can spend thousands per month on advertising, and only have your gut feeling on whether or not it pays off. Marchex makes it so you can actually analyze the results.

Marchex review by Tania R.
Tania R.

"Marchex"

What do you like best?

The Marchex account Managers are very knowledgeable and accommodating. They are always on top of all the campaigns and make sure we are in the loop of any changes that are occurring. Marchex has the ability to drive lots of volume for lots of different brands.

What do you dislike?

Marchex Bills off a key press in their IVR which is not common practice anymore in the affiliate space. The call traffic is not always a high quality.

I am always solving the need for volume/calls in our call center, the benefit of Marchex is having the ability to increase and decrease traffic as we need to.

Marchex review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"Great phone tracking system"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and follow, javascript rewrites to dynamically change tracking numbers on websites, all generated by a script and a refferer.

What do you dislike?

Interface looks antiquated, could be refreshed. But does the job

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be fooled by newer and fancier softwares; Marchex works!

Ability to track phone calls for our clients

Marchex review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Quality Company, Attention to Detail"

What do you like best?

Marchex was a pleasure to work with. Their calls were timely, and one got the impression that several members of the team were working to make the campaign work as well as it could. They were flexible and reasonable.

What do you dislike?

As with most mobile generated calls, quality varied, and it ended up being somewhat difficult to isolate the type of consumer it is we were looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company; leader in the mobile calls space.

The confusion consumers have when looking to do a home improvement project. Who do they turn to that can be trusted with their home.

Marchex review by Marcia P.
Marcia P.

"Can't do my job without Marchex!"

What do you like best?

The wide-ranging options, the amazing customer service, the ease of use...how could I choose only one thing when the company is so wonderful. They make my workload run smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing, my experience with Marchex is completely positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company with phenomenal products and professional customer service.

Setting up proxy web sites, call tracking and information for dashboards.

Marchex review by Gerry G.
Gerry G.

"Tracking Lets Us Document Our Results"

What do you like best?

At Advice Company and AdviceCo Ventures Company we like to do more than just deliver the results we promise -- we like to be able to demonstrate that we do. Marchex allows us to do just that and document how many phone calls a listing on our AttorneyPages.com and ExpertPages.com sites generate, and thus create irrefutable proof of effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

Nothing good comes free, and there is a cost to using Marchex. The only difficulty we sometimes run into is when a client changes his or her phone number on our system, without notifying us so that we can redirect the Marchex Toll Free Line to the client's new number.

Establishing the terrific value of a lawyer or expert witness derives when listing or advertising on FreeAdvice.com, AttorneyPages.com and/or ExpertPages.com.

"Marchex Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

My company uses Marchex for AdWords click to call tracking. I like the reporting features to help with further account analysis.

What do you dislike?

The structure is somewhat odd, you call a phone number an ad and you have campaigns. I'm fairly certain my company uses the structure not as intended, but it can be a tad confusing.

We use it for Google AdWords click to call tracking. We have been able to integrate with their API to have the metrics pull into our client's dashboard.

Marchex review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Marchex Call Analytics - Incredibly useful tool and excellent support staff"

What do you like best?

The Call Analytics system meets our businesses needs and then some. The staff that utilizes the system couldn't be happier with the overall experience of the tool and the support they receive from the MatchCraft

What do you dislike?

At this point in our partnership there isn't anything that can be disliked. The tool and people at Marchex are top notch.

We initially reached out and partnered with Marchex to fulfill a need that no other company could ; phone number tracking at scale in Australia and New Zealand. We've since moved all account, foreign and domestic, to the Marchex Call Analytics platform. Our overall experience has been extremely positive and the management of thousands of clients couldn't be easier.

Marchex review by Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

"Spam Influx Hindered Performance"

What do you like best?

The technical specialist was very helpful in detailing call logic. They should be involved in more customer service calls and support.

What do you dislike?

We had to approach our reps with a major influx in Spam calls. It was not the other way around. It then took our reps 4-5 weeks to get back to us with an answer. We now have to manually upload clean call data on a weekly basis instead of getting conversions in real-time. This creates an obstacle for our real-time optimizations. Spend increased 200x because of spam calls. They did not offer any sort of payment or credits to our account.

We are trying to drive leads for our clients. Leads come in the form of phone calls. Tracking phone calls increases leads and decreases CPL.

Marchex review by Anthony d.
Anthony d.

"Really great call tracking provider"

What do you like best?

At its core, the technology and idea behing Marchex really, truly works. The way that the number assignment works makes the best use of not having too many numbers assigned to too many unique users which allows tracking to be done more effectively.

Additionally, setup was a breeze, it has amazing integration with Kenshoo, and the support team that we have are excellent. Quick and responsive and very knowledgeable about everything.

What do you dislike?

The UI, at least to me who isn't in it all the time, is a little cumbersome to try and understand. It's not always 100% clear to me where I should go or what I should click to be able to see what it is I'm looking for. I usually have to ask for reports from my reps just due to the fact that I don't know how to navigate the UI.

I imagine if you're in it every day it becomes second nature to you, but from an outsiders perspective it's a little confusing. It's not too big an issue as I hardly ever touch it since the reps are able to handle everything so quickly for me.

Biggest problem we're solving is attribution. We're able to effectively track users, tie them to a unique click/session, what keyword they searched, what keyword triggered their ad, get voice recordings of the call, etc. It's really a 1 stop shop for anything and everything call tracking related.

Marchex review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Great Phone Tracking Provider"

What do you like best?

Setting up multiple campaigns and adding things like whisper files is really easy, plus I like how easy it is for my clients to log in and review their phone calls.

What do you dislike?

The admin dashboard design is dated and removing numbers is a manual process

Website phone call tracking, recording and reporting

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Service and Performance"

What do you like best?

The attention the team (our direct contacts and supporting members) give to our team (at the agency) and our client.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an ATL office or southeast hub so that we could meet, strategize and discuss performance in-person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team we work with at Marchex is always coming up with new testing opportunities, providing a lot of insight into what is and is not working and willing to think outside of the box to meet our client's goals and KPIs.

We are solving the issue of getting children to be interested in going to the dentist. Marchex has helped us realize the potential there by screening our calls via IVR to ensure they are billable and overall driving a highly qualified type of traffic.

Marchex review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Call Tracking for Lead Attribution"

What do you like best?

We work with thousands of customers across the country, and Marchex makes it very easy for us to provision & deploy call tracking numbers for all of them as needed.

What do you dislike?

The limited availability of numbers in certain area codes is always an issue with customers, although not a problem specific to Marchex either.

We leverage Marchex's call tracking analytics as an integral part of the value articulation for our customers. Being able to attribute potential clients to different business development channels is very helpful in demonstrating their value.

Marchex review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Marchex call tracking and analytics"

What do you like best?

Marchex has been great for 100% campaign attribution for incoming calls. The dashboards are visually appealing and provide all the top level information I am looking for. I do consider myself decently savvy with technology so set-up was a breeze. Provisioning new numbers is extremely easy and I like that I am able to designate what area code I want to use.

What do you dislike?

UPDATE: It's been a month since we've started Marchex and their customer service is terrible. I have requested assistance several times in the past three weeks and have not received a response. I am not only reaching out to the rep who sold me but his supervisor and the main customer support line. Nothing. Do not recommend.

I wish Marchex gave me the ability to email missed calls and various other notifications to multiple people. While Marchex offers some customization for reporting, much of this requires coding and javascript knowledge in order to implement. I'm also disappointed that I am unable to use more complex routing rules. I'd like to be able to direct Spanish speaking callers to a certain extension but have the call rerouted through the main extension if the Spanish speaking reps are on other calls or are unavailable.

Client on-boarding wasn't as smooth as it was made out to be. I had to reach out to remind Marchex to have someone call and on-board me. Even then, I was simply sent an email with instructions to sign up for a webinar.I wish I knew more of what to expect after signing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest bringing your IT professional to any meetings/demos with Marchex so they can make sure to ask any technical and integration questions. Customer support is terrible and non-existent after you sign up. Anticipate setting everything up yourself.

We are trying to solve the issue of not being able to attribute phone leads to the proper campaign that generated them. I've also found the geographical reports and time of day reports to be incredibly insightful for our digital marketing operations. With this information, we are able to make better educated decisions on where to apply bid adjustments.

Marchex review by Lew H.
Lew H.

"Marchex provides outstanding call tracking products and support"

What do you like best?

The quality and reliability of their call tracking service is the best thing. In addition, they provide many add on features at no additional cost with a very high level of customer support.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about the call tracking services or support that Marchex offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require high quality call tracking and excellent support you should definitely consider Marchex.

Before using Marchex we had significant issues with the quality and reliability of the telephone services we offered and lost many customers. Since using Marchex we have not lost ONE customer because of reliability or quality of telephone services and have added many because of the additional features they offer.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Cost-effective, introductory level call tracking solution"

What do you like best?

We've found Marchex to be a great call tracking solution for a reporting level call tracking solution as it allows us to track quantities of phone calls via specific marketing channels. The pricing is easier to use in our agency model than many other offers.

What do you dislike?

The functionality has been exactly the same since we started using the company they purchased (Voicestar) with the exception of the CallDNA functionality and some cosmetic changes to the dashboards. The lack of innovation in a growing and competitive space is troubling. Their API integration is limited which makes it hard to do client level analysis and closed-loop feedback without direct access to the dashboards, which are clunky.

Call tracking as a tool is huge benefit to any business that wants to establish, set, measure and realize marketing and business goals. Not only does phone call tracking help measure and quantify lead volume, conversions and data related issues, but it also serves as a way to improve many other areas of business. We've helped companies restructure their customer service department based on call volume and call times, improve the customer service conversations by isolating continued problem areas, increase close rates by assisting sales staff in better communication, and created more website content to help answer common questions asked over and over again.

Marchex review by Roy H.
Roy H.

"Works for me"

What do you like best?

It's easy to order any kind of number (toll-free, specific area code, etc.) and set up a rewrite for tracking calls from a website.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little easier to navigate.

Marchex allows us to track calls that are made after a user clicks one of our ads so that we can show clients the value of digital advertising.

Marchex review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Great way to measure marketing efforts!"

What do you like best?

keyword tracking using number pool is a great feature!

What do you dislike?

the interface design needs to be improved

Measure the leads with the phone calls and the ROI for each campaign. Nowadays people tend to call than filling up the form for a quick response or sales!

Marchex review by Aaron L.
Aaron L.

"Sophisticated, reliable call tracking technology"

What do you like best?

The call DNA feature is a fantastic visualization for our client which helps them better understand how incoming call leads are being managed (or mismanaged) by their support staff.

What do you dislike?

Previously the xmlrpc API was slow and cumbersome to deal with, however the new JSON API has been great and the performance much improved.

We use Marchex call tracking to help our clients understand how their incoming calls are being handled. We are also using multiple call tracking lines to assist in the attribution of multiple advertising campaigns we are managing for them.

Marchex review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"My viewpoint on Marchex software "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to quickly search through a call to get to the information I need to hear.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to split up the billing between our child accounts every month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you will use it enough to make the money you are spending worth it Make sure someone in your office is well-versed in its features.

We have the ability to listen to all calls in all offices and train on scenarios to provide a better customer experience.

Marchex review by Jake J.
Jake J.

"Long time patriarch of Call Tracking, but still just average"

What do you like best?

The system just works. There are plenty of competitors out there trying to do too much. Marchex does a ood jovb getting the data to the user.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard continues to be a bit clunky and not really ever super intuitive. Customer service is just ok. Wait times are ok, people are ok, product is ok. Everything is just kinda ....ok

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will get the job done. Price point is ok, but don't expect anything beautiful or ahead of the curve.

Find which paid advertisements are driving conversions. Which keywords and specific ads work best? What time of day is best to increase our budgets for more conversions?

Marchex review by Rachael G.
Rachael G.

"Marchex was an effective tool for us to breakout digital media performance with unique call center t"

What do you like best?

The UI was extremely user friendly. It was easy to purchase new phone numbers.

What do you dislike?

The reporting was manual. It would be helpful to provide a tutorial on how to set up the numbers on the front end to make the reporting more streamlined.

Marchex phone numbers allowed us to implement unique phone numbers for our call center. This enabled us to granularly track digital creatives. Each creative could have a separate call center number, and this allowed us to attribute performance.

Marchex review by Sadiq L.
Sadiq L.

"Marchex - the best call tracking option"

What do you like best?

the ease of use and ability for clients to access anything on their own while using a white labeled interface

What do you dislike?

deletion of numbers and a few other tasks are sometimes tedious. I would love to be able to email support to take care of some items as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You won't regret it. We went through a few different systems 4 years back and were extremely happy with Marchex, and would never look back. We have no need to even try another similar vendor as we are happy with the product

Tracking marketing dollars, I am able to see which ads perform and which do not

Marchex review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Slow start"

What do you like best?

the initial discussion revolving about on boarding started off great. a lot of great things have been promised so hopefully they come to fruition.

What do you dislike?

once we signed up, their have been many issues. the initial teams switched off and the transition has been rough and lacking getting things moving along.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be sure to test before launching. last minute issues caused a lot of delays

We're solving for call tracking attribution. Haven't yet been able to realize any other benefits.

Marchex review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Premium Call Tracking Capabilities"

What do you like best?

I have been incredibly happy using Marchex for our call tracking, forwarding and dynamic phone number serving. We have implemented Marchex tracking on several clients, and they are our go-to vendor for these services!

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a bit cumbersome until you get used to it. There just seems like there are a few nuances and quirks that you have to learn before you can be a "power-user".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot!

Call tracking and dynamic (unique) phone number tracking by digital media tactic. The call tracking has always been great with Marchex. We've been very happy with the quality of the call recordings and pricing. For the dynamic serving, I've really appreciated the support team as we get these implemented on clients' site, but we have always found a way to get everything functioning and tracking perfectly!

Marchex review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Meh"

What do you like best?

I dont use them anymore. I switched in Feb 2015 after using them for 2 years. I was really surprised they didnt ask me why I was leaving, it was just an "OK" in response to my request to shut down service. I transferred to call tracking metrics. Better API integration, better reporting, better support, better data. Pricing actually a little bit better too.

What do you dislike?

Poor service. There were outages every couple months that were debilitating if even for a few hours. No refund. Just, sorry. Also, no keyword level or source level tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Call Tracking Metrics or other platforms.

Tracking calls

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Comprehensive reporting, easy-to-use interface, and phenomenal support staff"

What do you like best?

Everything! Our agency has tried other call tracking systems and nothing has compared to Marchex. It's easy to use, and provides a wider range of reporting that not only has great insight into calls made but also integrates seamlessly with our automated reporting tools. Great and always helpful support staff that patiently works through any problem with ease and a smile in their voice.

What do you dislike?

Length of time it takes for a purchased number to show up in an account. Otherwise, Marchex has been a great vendor and call tracking partner that we have and continue to recommend to clients on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best price, best value. Just do it!

We use call reporting for a variety of clients with a variety of needs, from medical patient acquisition to automobile purchases. A great lead generation tool!

"Vice President"

What do you like best?

Interface has been very helpful for client. Able to allow them access to their own data. There are many great uses with the call recording.

What do you dislike?

Global features - Need more. Can't always set each feature at the campaign level. Would be better with more opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. Able to customize for any situation.

Connections with B2B. Have had several clients ask what system we use. Have referred them to Marchex support for help.

Marchex review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"Really terrific"

What do you like best?

The support team is terrific. Very timely in responding to issues immediately and they're always a phone call away from being able to troubleshoot. Also very helpful in explaining new features, etc.

I also love their interface. Very user-friendly and simple to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about their product. It's head and shoulders above any other competitor products out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is so critical to understand javascript and proxy rewrites and the intricacies of call-tracking. Don't underestimate it when selecting a vendor to work with.

The ability to accurately track phone calls for our clients.

Marchex review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Marchex Review"

What do you like best?

It’s extremely important for me to be able to track my clients online activity. Marchex is a valuable tool that’s helps with this task.

What do you dislike?

In a previous life with a previous company we were having issues with dirty CTNs. The need to do a better job of scrubbing those numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes not all the data comes Though on the call

See previous response

Marchex review by Preethika K.
Preethika K.

"Decent call tracking solution, not for agencies"

What do you like best?

Core features required for a call tracking solution is readily available to use. Pricing is very competitive. We were able to able to whitelabel Marchex's service with ease. Ordering pure toll-free numbers is extremely simple and does not come with an additional cost. Marchex Call Analytics you not only delivers good campaign results, but also provides key insights into business performance that drive improvements and result in increased sales

What do you dislike?

We have been having issues with increased number of spam calls consistently. We didn't have a dedicated account manager and hence customer support was very limited. Few our client's in the past have lost their call recordings as a result of Marchex's server maintenance activity. They store only 6 months call recordings data, exporting call recordings in bulk is not a possibility at all. Extensive call routing options based on caller demographics, customizable business rules, agent skillsets are not available, We also had difficulty in integrating with our CRM platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider evaluating other phone tracking solutions in the market before narrowing down on Marchex.

Phone tracking solution helps us to track popularity of seasonal promotions that a hotel offers. Reports such as call volume/week day has helped hoteliers in staffing front-desk resources to ensure increase in sales and customer satisfaction. Marchex Call Analytics gives you the tools you need to drive and measure advertising outcomes that have real business impact. We were able attribute phone calls to the channel and advertisements.

Marchex review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Wonderful Experience, Reliable reports, Easy Online Platform"

What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to set up phone numbers for our campaigns online. Its also really easy to purchase new numbers as we need them as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometime freeing a number can be little difficult. There is also waiting periods before i can use numbers again. It would be better to be able to set our own time limits when using phone numbers instead of having to contact you for help when we need to reassign a number.

Being able to track the numbers and have reports to show clients the traffic for campaigns is perfect. These are great for our mail campaigns and being able to have the numbers that called in to compare to sales to show who we helped bring in to their stores.

Marchex review by Barry D.
Barry D.

"Pretty Solid Call Tracking Solution "

What do you like best?

Whitelabeled system to give clients access to, reports are easy to generate and understand, Call DNA is a very useful guide.

What do you dislike?

The call tracking code has been having issues with secured websites. Kind of a pain to have to fix it manually and I wish Marchex was more proactive in telling us it was a solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of call tracking code on secure sites

Biggest thing we solve with Marchex is tying organic visits into leads and giving us the baseline data needed to determine qualified leads from our SEO efforts

Marchex review by Johnny A.
Johnny A.

"Marchex Review"

What do you like best?

Their very upbeat, funny, helpful and informative tech support

What do you dislike?

I have had far less luck with my account rep than just the folks who work the pool

Call Tracking, Call Pooling, call Attribution

Learning about Marchex?

* We monitor all Marchex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.