Marchex

Marchex provides solutions that help companies drive more calls, understand what happens on those calls, and convert more of those callers into customers. Our actionable intelligence strengthens the connection between companies and their customers to help brands maximize their marketing investments and acquire the best customers.

Work for Marchex?

Learning about Marchex?

Marchex Reviews

Ask Marchex a Question
Showing 163 Marchex reviews
Marchex review by <span>Kat R.</span>
Kat R.
Invitation from the software vendor

Already Recommended - Y'all make life easy.

What do you like best?

Affordable. Easy to use. Customer Service is better than any other. I've always had prompt help. Staff is knowledgeable and easy to understand. AND THE CALL DNA!! When you got that, it was SO GREAT to visually be able to hop around calls, see how many rings we take to answer, and more. Really great stuff.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface will seem to pop you out to the main dashboard when I expect it to keep me in the customer dashboard. Then I have to re-select my main account to keep navigating. Not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've already recommended Marchex to a number of companies within our Mobile Electronics Specialists of America partners. Many have reached out to us after demonstrating how well Marchex works for us. We love that multiple users can engage and listen to their staff to help throughout training and improving customer service. I don't think we fully utilize the tags and other call analytics within Marchex to make discussions in house and reporting easier.

Call analytics mainly, and also reviewing how our employees handle customers on the phone. This helps us shape how we guide our employees, how our employees guide our customers, and helps us to stay consistent across 18 locations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marchex
Marchex review by <span>Alycia W.</span>
Alycia W.

Marchex Makes Call Tracking Easy

What do you like best?

What I like best about Marchex is its ease of use. The first time I set up an account and added phone numbers, I was intimidated, thinking I might make a mistake. The process was so easy that I had no issues during or after setup. With all of the data available, ad tracking across other platforms can become overwhelming and confusing. Marchex uses a simple interface that is easy to navigate and reporting is straight to the point, making it easy to see only the results you want and not a bunch of extra information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Marchex. I appreciate how easy call tracking has been made by using their services.

With the use of Marchex we are able to try something different and track the performance of those of our ads which include a phone number.

What Inbound Call Tracking solution do you use?

Marchex review by <span>Jim L.</span>
Jim L.

Great Call Tracking System

What do you like best?

Ease of use of their platform and finding data. Demonstrating results to clients is very easy and we always encourage people to log in.

Through the API connection we are able to incorporate the call data into our proprietary dashboard. This allows us to keep all data together in one login for our customers.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to find the "blue edit" link in the call logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to need difficult area codes at any point, make sure you try to get them prior to needing i.e. 212, 718, etc.

In today's day and age of internet advertising, many new tactics are originally met with skepticism. We use the Marchex system to validate the results we are getting for our clients. Tracking online actions is easy using free programs like Google Analytics. However, many small and mid-sized companies really want to get the phone calls directly to their teams. archex helps us quantify the results and continue to prove value to our clientele.

Marchex review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Marchex user for 10 years

What do you like best?

I have used Marchex for 10 years. The service is incredible whenever I have a question or a minor problem. Letting my clients know whenever they get a call reinforces the value we provide. The monthly reports directly to my clients keeps them coming back month after month. The ability to listen to calls is amazing when a client suspects the worst. I have been able to save every client complaint with tangible results and the names of leads that have come in. The system has helped my business grow and to maintain existing customers for years.

What do you dislike?

I find nothing wrong that I would correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to track calls, pricing and service are superior

When a client feels that results are lacking, I can listen to calls and give them feedback as to all the leads received. With this system I can spot problems before the client and make needed corrections to my advertising efforts.

Marchex review by <span>Ryan W.</span>
Ryan W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

amazing product giving insight into all of my marketing programs

What do you like best?

Ability to track and understand the lead sources and ability to qualify leads to better understand the costs of my marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to explain and have clients understand what call tracking is and how it works. A down and dirty simple explanation could help us turn more clients onto the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to improve and understand what is happening with your marketing and sales team. You can not only evaluate what tactics are driving leads but how your sales team is closing the deal.

We use this service primarily to understand what leads are converting and how. We are able to see the full picture of how our marketing efforts are doing and what are the final costs per conversion.

Marchex review by <span>John K.</span>
John K.

Very Good Platform for Call Tracking

What do you like best?

Working with Marchex offers a lot of very good and very useful features. Keyword Level Tracking is essential for any pay per click advertising you run and Marchex offers a very simple, easy to set up and easy to use solution. We were able to double our conversion rates and improve Clients' ROI consistently when using Marchex for call Tracking. Outstanding Customer Service. Always there, always available and always very friendly.

What do you dislike?

we ran into 2 issues with Marchex. the first was difficulty trouble shooting problems. Customer Service was always available but we not always fully knowledgeable on issues or trouble shooting problems. I was often put on hold so that the customer service rep could ask someone else what the solution was instead of just putting me on the phone with the person they were talking to. I could never get past the customer service front line to talk directly to a technician or programmer. The other issue was the lack of availability of the sales team. We needed to increase our contract limits and it took almost a month just to get our designated sales rep on the phone. We needed more phone numbers right away and

had to go through hoops to essentially spend more money with them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product good company to work with. Only complaint is the lack of Advanced Support when an Advance Issue arises

Track off line performance for Pay per click advertising for clients. We trackied phone calls directly linked to our clients' adwords and bing pay per click ad campaigns. We were able to track calls to the Keyword Level and optimize campaign ad spend and increase ROI on every client we managed using Marchex.

Learn more about Marchex

Marchex Videos

Learning about Marchex?

* We monitor all Marchex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.