MarketMuse

MarketMuse

Build your target keyword list for organic search. Use MarketMuse Site Anaysis to identify gaps in the content on your site. Use your primary keywords and Topic suggestions (secondary keywords) to create content.

Work for MarketMuse?

Learning about MarketMuse?

Categories

MarketMuse Reviews

Ask MarketMuse a Question
Showing 16 MarketMuse reviews
MarketMuse review by Joe D.
Joe D.

"Create Content the Smart Way"

What do you like best?

As a small startup, developing content seemed to be one of the biggest hurdles standing in my way. After exploring options available, I found that MarketMuse offered the most comprehensive approach, and the smartest tool on the market for creating quality content. I am blown away by the tools they have developed to help me create highly competitive articles around the topics that support my business.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this company. If the product were free, it would be a perfect world, but I understand that is impossible and would prevent me from engaging with the highly talented team that supports my daily needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that new users take a measured approach when adopting MarketMuse's platform. There's a lot of great features to help with content strategy and development. For a novice, it makes sense to development a content plan with their team so that you can get into a cadence of producing articles with a frequency that supports the needs of your business. I have found that their team is extremely helpful and always available for questions and support - use them!

I am a small startup building a web application for a B2C solution. I needed to begin a content strategy to build authority on related topics over time, without guessing. MarketMuse helps me to employ their tools while creating high-performing articles. In a short period of time, I can see my articles on the 1st page of Google's search engine results page! That means that I can save $$ on ads, and rely more heavily on organic visitors to my website. As I build my company, I also want to emulate the culture that is present at MarketMuse. Each team member that I have interacted with has completely focused on my needs and offered creative ideas to help me grow. It's not just an innovative tool that I have received, but a partnership that helps beyond my obvious needs of developing quality content.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MarketMuse
MarketMuse review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Significant SEO Boost"

What do you like best?

We have been using MarketMuse's content analyzer for more than a year now. It has helped us optimize our content and achieve significantly better search rankings.

What do you dislike?

It's not always clear what specific changes you should make to your content, but I think they are going to address that in their new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MarketMuse is the right tool for anyone using content strategy to improve search rankings. It can help determine your best content opportunities and gives you a path to create them. I think it needs to be noted that this is an enterprise level tool. It's very powerful, but might not be for a solo business owner that operates small websites.

We are using MarketMuse to optimize our profile pages of publicly-traded companies. Our search traffic has nearly doubled since we started using MarketMuse.

What SEO solution do you use?

MarketMuse review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Significantly improved every part of our content research and writing."

What do you like best?

MarketMuse helps us to know where our content has gaps and how to write better articles that our audience and Google both will love.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike anything, but the one struggle is the software is just so comprehensive and powerful it's hard to fully make use of it without a little training. But it is so so so worth it to get fully up to speed on all of the features. You don't want to miss any of these.

We use it for keyword research, or what we use to call keyword research. Now we identify content opportunities, get briefs for our writers, and then incorporate all of the suggestions to make our articles exhaustively complete.

MarketMuse review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"A great way to understand your Google Rank"

What do you like best?

The tool not only helps you understand your own rank but you can also understand how you stack up against competitors.

What do you dislike?

This tool isn't for everyone. This tool best services content creators who want to consistently create and rank. It can be expensive if you don't completely understand how your content works within your marketing mix.

With MarketMuse we are able to help our companies create and rank within their respective verticals. We don't need to have a deep understanding of the vertical to create content that leads to new prospects. The tool helps us see who we are trying to compete with and how we stack up against them.

MarketMuse review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Significant SEO boost due to MarketMuse!"

What do you like best?

We have written (and revised) better content than ever before due to guidance from MarketMuse. We are using MarketMuse to not only guide content we intend to write, but also to go back and revise content for better SEO.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to have a keyword research tool integrated in so that you can create new AdWords campaigns based on research.

MarketMuse is helping us rank better in search results against competitors vying for similar terms.

MarketMuse review by User

"Great tool to take your content to the top of the SERPS"

What do you like best?

This tool saved me so much time I can't imagine ever getting all the work done I did without it. Instead of spending hours weeding through lists of keywords, I got a list of the ones with the most impact. This tool identified major gaps in our content we never would have identified on our end, without spending days reviewing top content of our competitors. We were able to present keywords and information to our writers and editors in an easy-to-read format so they could execute on the research.

What do you dislike?

This is a newer product, and from time to time, there were updates or very small bugs, but nothing major that interfered with using the product.

At my previous position, we were tasked at helping improve the performance of a lot of content that had declined in rankings and was previously driving a ton of traffic to the site/s. We were able to improve the rankings and organic search engine traffic for the majority of the content we worked on. We had worked on projects like this in the past that took months, instead, we were able to get more done with this tool and had more success.

MarketMuse review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Essential SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

I appreciate both the insights they've provided over the years as well as the rapid development and product improvement cycle they've displayed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little slower than I'd like but when you're running AI/machine learning I understand it can take a bit. Not a huge negative for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is legitimate and I would use it on every SEO project I work on.

MarketMuse helps me better understand how to create the most relevant content on a particular topic, better answering search intent while providing the kind of content search engines will rank.

MarketMuse review by Kate J.
Kate J.

"Outrank your competitors on SEO"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of MarketMuse. You can use it as a stand-alone content analyzer or use it to gain a SEO advantage over your competitors' content.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had search volume information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to optimize existing content and compare your content with competitor content.

Strategic content and copywriting - While MarketMuse doesn't work well for suggesting content topics, it does work really well for optimizing existing content.

MarketMuse review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"This software shaves days off my busy schedule!"

What do you like best?

Writing a brief for a writer sometimes feels like it's easier to simply go ahead and write the darn post myself. With Market Muse I not only give my writer what to write about, I also know that what I'm asking her to do is going to guarantee I go head-to-head with my competitors.

I no longer have to guess or "put myself in my readers' shoes" to know what to write about.

What do you dislike?

I would love for the price to come down a bit as we're a small company with lots of other marketing expenses.

Being able to find the right topics, backed by actual AI-driven research.

MarketMuse review by Brennan W.
Brennan W.

"Great technology for SEO"

What do you like best?

Marketmuse is an easy to use SEO strategy in a box. It makes it foolproof to own/compete for specific keywords and ideas.

What do you dislike?

Not much to share here really. I guess it could be a bit cleaner and they could provide additional features to automate some of the work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it if SEO is important for b2b business.

We're increasing our leads and revenue with MarketMuse. Since using Marketmuse (almost 1 year) we've ranked for over 100 more key search terms and currently have the first Google search rank for 15 of our most important keywords.

MarketMuse review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"A Game Changer for Content Optimization"

What do you like best?

Provides great insight on how semantically cohesive a client's site is, where the opportunities are to improve, where there are the topic gaps, how they compare to competitors, etc. It helps to set the foundation of a strategy and then build upon it. I think the biggest thing I use the most is the content analyzer tool to enhance existing content which is a quick and easy way to get a quick boost to the site.

What do you dislike?

The tool can be slow at times and bring back terms highly unrelevant to our client's businesses

Helping to make a bigger impact for our clients as it pertains to content. This is also still a "relatively" new approach and it's helping our clients to stay on the cutting edge and to get a step above competitors. By utilizing this tool in conjunction with our SEO strategies we are seeing great results.

MarketMuse review by Nathaniel B.
Nathaniel B.

"This tool is my starting point for all SEO planning."

What do you like best?

MarketMuse is the most comprehensive data source for content suggestions and subheadings. Instead of using 3 tools and cobbling things together, it's all in one place here.

What do you dislike?

There's still some manual work to take data and create actual content outlines, but that's improving with each release.

The SEO game is always changing. "Deep content" is powerful right now, and MarketMuse is the tool I've used to take websites with so-so rankings to the top. It has revolutionized our ability to compete for organic traffic in 2018.

MarketMuse review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"The future of content strategy and SEO"

What do you like best?

MarketMuse is a fantastic tool for speeding up content research, planning, writing and editing. Their platform is the most advanced solution for creating in-depth, relevant, high quality content that connects with your audience and gets traffic from Google.

What do you dislike?

The tool can log you out at times when the cookies expire, which can be a bit annoying.

Content research, planning, and editing. This tool allows me to get briefs for my copywriters so they create content that actually covers a topic in depth and ranks in organic search.

MarketMuse review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Helpful tool but the people behind it do not keep their word"

What do you like best?

The software seems to work for the most part and saves you time. However you need a human to double check information. Do not rely on it

What do you dislike?

The people behind marketmuse. When we signed up, we were presented with a pricing structure of $500 a month for three months. With longer contracts we would have saved more. The price was $7200 for two years. After we signed up for three months the price changed to $12000 per year or $24000 for two years. No new features were provided they just decided to change pricing and did not grandfather us in

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not trust the sales team. They quote you prices and when you sign up, they increase prices by 300% after 3 months.

Content

MarketMuse review by Administrator

"Definitely Worth The Contract We Signed Up For"

What do you like best?

When I compare MM to a service such as OnPage.org, I have to say these guys de-mystify the whole process of LSI and Topic Relevancy.

What do you dislike?

Bugs that I encounter sometime, but I have to admit, the development team is quick to respond and resolve.

Let me give you an example. I am a skeptic. So I researched a keyword that had about 10000 searches per month average on Google. I taught my assistant how to use MM and had her write a 3000+ words article on that keyword.

15 Minutes after I published that article, we were ranking 4 for a keyword variation that had 3000+ searches and 16 for the main keyword. This month alone that article has made $1824 in affiliate sales.

MarketMuse review by John L.
John L.

"A great tool, much improved by the new platform"

What do you like best?

How easy MarketMuse makes researching SEO strategies and optimizing new and existing content

What do you dislike?

Load times can be slow or time out occasionally

MarketMuse has been a game changer for our content strategy and SEO. By knowing how to fully cover topics to build topical authority it makes building and executing on a strategy easy.

Learn more about MarketMuse

MarketMuse Videos

Learning about MarketMuse?

* We monitor all MarketMuse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories