Marketo
Badge 1411046837

Marketo

301 8.2 / 10
Watch a Demo
Powerful and easy B2B marketing automation software that helps marketing and sales professionals drive revenue and improve marketing accountability.

Marketo Reviews (301)

• I'm used both Marketo and Eloqua extensively. I have been admin over both systems for the last 2 years. Having used Eloqua, the "Cadillac" of marketing automation I've... Read More
    0 gnyat9kym4qs1hnvjvxmtnnhjz glhfv0qemtvn86ob mkrsakmjfzgmcvij f69yvyfm hbvnyc
    Ben B.
    Administrator in Financial Services
  • Marketo offers a lot of features to help businesses take their online marketing efforts to new heights via email markting, web marketing (including landing pages,... Read More
    0 5r4eh71wo2jfaw7q5yemhdbn6fzbasoqfm2zhdrnjwubadd6djhqqskzhg4ese0ek4vnfecouc4w
    Michele A.
    Administrator in E-Learning
Updated On

Great Product That Continually Improves!

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Marketo. It is a highly intuitive interface that empowers marketers to create powerful programs and campaigns. The best part of Marketo is that they are constantly improving the product and adding new features. Even in the last year new tools such as the Engagement Engine, Real Time Personalization and Calendar have transformed marketing at my company. Marketo also does a great job of integrating with other marketing software tools and applications through their Launchpoint.

What do you dislike?

One aspect of Marketo i dislike is their out-of-the-box analytics package. Without RCA (an additional add-on) users will find the standard reports to be lacking in functionality and configurability. Another complaint is the speed of the product. Be sure to work with static lists when possible as the time it takes for smart lists to run and calculate can delay emails from being sent at scheduled times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what functionalities you will need before purchasing. Marketo has a lot of great add-ons that do not come as part of the standard package. I would highly recommend purchasing a starter package and then upgrading and growing with the software as we have done.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

With Marketo's tight integrations to SFDC and other partners we have been able to enable sales and business development with information about their customers interactions with marketing programs through notifications and tasks, an operational function we could not perform with our previous automation. We also use Marketo to integrate with our webinar provider to eliminate manual processes saving approximately 4-8 hours monthly.

Updated On

Not only business changing, but career changing

What do you like best?

I like the integration with Salesforce.com the best. This capability offers a lot of business value to show the true lead lifecycle from Lead to Closed/Won sale. The Marketo Insights plug-in for Salesforce offers great value to our sales team as to how Contacts are engaging with us.

What do you dislike?

I think their email editor is a bit weak. Our designer would complain frequently about how difficult it is to create emails. It wasn't until we brought in a developer that knew HTML that we were able to create emails the way we wanted them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend using Marketo in a silo and not integrating it with a CRM like Salesforce, because of the amount of value that the integration can provide for business intelligence. I would also recommend bringing in a consultant who has integrated Marketo and your CRM platform before. It will save you a TON of time and headaches that will far out weigh the costs of the consultant or staff.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are solving how Marketing is contributing to sales pipeline and revenue. We are also unlocking a lot of insight about how our customers are engaging with us and changing strategy to capitalize on those behaviors by "listening" to their digital body language.

Updated On

Four years with Marketo and counting

What do you like best?

I use Marketo as the central platform where I control all my marketing activities and lead flow. It takes some work to setup the platform at the beginning, but once you have arranged all the triggered campaigns and smart lists, it works in the background without additional efforts. I always work with Marketo integrated with Salesforce and I am able to analyze the performance from top of the funnel all the way to pipeline created and closed business. Through the use of Programs, I can clone a single landing page multiple times to have a more granular analysis of each single campaign. The other great feature is the new Lead Nurturing Engine, that makes lead nurturing extremely simple and effective. We nurture thousands of leads with 5 separate tracks based on persona and level of engagement.

What do you dislike?

The Analytical side could be improved. I keep all my dashboard in Salesforce (Leads generated, MQLs, Opportunities, Campaign Performances etc). The only reports that I use from Marketo are Email and Landing Page performance. Even the Revenue Cycle Analytics doesn't help much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you have someone who can manage it and understand how to leverage the main features, Marketo will provide be a tremendous added value to your company. I have used Marketo in 3 different companies and I implemented it from scratch in two of them, it always delivers.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Having full control of the lead flow and being able to scale certain campaigns and promotions. For example, every time we publish a new whitepaper, we can promote it to our database selectively. Every lead that fills out a form, gets tagged appropriately in Marketo and routed to the appropriate rep (I assign leads directly in Marketo). Also, lead nurturing went from being a manual and time consuming process to be something that works in the background and provide us with additional opportunities daily.

Updated On

Easy to use and powerful, but Analytics and Roles/Permissions could use some overdue attention.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use that Marketo has achieved with their product. With some quick training sessions with new users, they are able to grasps the core concepts of Marketo and set up some basic campaigns on their own. Marketo has been the go-to tool for my team to solve our marketing and operational challenges and we have always been able to come through with an appropriate, scalable solution because of their powerful workflow and automation capabilities and seamless integration with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

If I could change two things about Marketo today, it would be the Analytics reports and the Roles/Permissions settings.

As far as reporting, it's important to note that we do not have RCE, so most of my issues center around the Analytics reports. With the Analytics reports, there isn't a lot of customization available with the reports that Marketo has, whether it be the report subscription or adding additional columns to the report. I also find that with a larger database, the reports take quite some time to load and can timeout if they take too long to generate. Most of the time, we find it easier to do our lead and opportunity reporting out of Salesforce since we sync all the data between both systems.

There is also a serious lack of permission sets available in Marketo. Though the addition of the "import list" permissions recently was a step in the right direction, I would also love to see more folder-based permissions so that Admins can control which users have...

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are a multi-product business and needed a way to customize our lead scoring in order to segment our leads based on which of our four markets the lead was showing the most interest. By creating custom workflows in Marketo and utilizing its integration with Salesforce, we were able to create a lead scoring algorithm for each of our four markets and create a field that we could segment and report on a lead's highest market score in real-time. As a result, we've been able to increase engagement across each market by being able to deliver a custom experience for our prospects based on their current product interest.

Updated On

Delivers a big impact for a small marketing department

What do you like best?

As a marketing department of one, Marketo gives me the ability to own more of the lead lifecycle in order to help our sales team. It's easy to use, syncs nicely with Salesforce and GoToWebinar, and the on-boarding training program (plus being able to import a lead scoring template) helped me get it up and running pretty quickly. Running smart lists to update/clean our database has also been a great feature to keep us organized.

What do you dislike?

The reports in the Spark package aren't very helpful to me. I also would like to have the ability to sync the Cases data from Salesforce to automate some additional communications through Marketo, but custom field sync isn't available in our package. Of course, we could upgrade, but the jump in price to the next package is too steep for our current budget. Also, filtering out auto-responders from getting to your inbox when you're doing a mass mailing would be a great addition (we used to use MailChimp and it would do that).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I compared Marketo with several other marketing options and felt that this was the best choice. Their on-boarding support package was a huge asset that saved time in launching our first campaign. Their team even sets you up with customized email and landing page templates for your company. And the level of information on their community helps make sure that your questions get answered. Just be sure to review all of the specs for the package you're considering. I originally thought we'd have more capabilities but we'd have to upgrade for them.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

1) Increase our capacity without adding staff - Previously, the sales team was not able to follow up with all leads efficiently (namely large quantities from trade shows), so implementing Marketo has resulted in 100% of leads being contacted as soon as they're entered into the database. The smart list capabilities also allow us to keep reaching out to those leads who didn't open our first email, so we've seen additional 25% open rates on secondary mailings. This is crucial as we try to make the most of the big trade show investments.

2) Enhance Sales & Marketing Collaboration - It syncs perfectly with Salesforce, so our entire team has visibility into lead activity and scoring. Marketo also automates hand off to the sales team based on whatever criteria we select.

3) Nurture leads instead of ignore them - In the past, we'd neglect any leads who weren't warm enough today, often letting them die in our CRM. This goes back to our capacity issues in number one, but Marketo...

Tags

* We monitor all Marketo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Marketo?