Marketwired

Marketwired empowers the world’s communicators to achieve greatness and move beyond words, offering press release distribution and social media insights.

Work for Marketwired?

Learning about Marketwired?

Marketwired Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 43 Marketwired reviews
Marketwired review by <span>Dian R.</span>
Dian R.

"Marketwired for Press Release in Online Distribution"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is easy to use, you can upload releases within minutes and have your newslines/industries pre-selected and ready to go. They used to make you select regions, contact info and headlines- but they did away with it now and that streamlines the process. The editors are also very thorough - they will call you prior to distribution (to confirm your distribution over the phone) and point out any mistakes, or grammatical errors you might have missed. I also like their reporting where you can download a list of all the sites that have pulled your article into one PDF. Another thing I like is simply emailing them any changes, and it is done very easily and promptly without having to go back into the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much; I used to receive phone calls much faster in advance as they have to verbally confirm your distribution - but as of late they don't call as fast and as per my last release early this month for Aug 2016, they didn't call at all and I had to call in to confirm. It is also at some point unclear to pinpoint which sites they go on, as our press release is very industry specific, and so far the newslines and 'corridors' that it is sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use dashboard, with great service when it comes to looking over your releases prior to distribution. Reporting is quite detailed and easy to access as well.

We have press releases going out for our events, and this helps us spread the word on our events. We have a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marketwired
Marketwired review by <span>Nathan I.</span>
Nathan I.

"Great service, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a relatively cheap wire service that is very user friendly and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

As is the case with all wire services, international and national releases can be very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's free to sign up and all the prices are listed, so there's no commitment unless you're ready to send something out.

As part of my job, we frequently send releases to wide distribution networks, and this helps boost the amount of eyeballs on a gievn release.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Marketwired review by <span>Avery H.</span>
Avery H.

"Great for keeping track of company mentions in the media! "

What do you like best?

I have mainly used Marketwired's News Dashboard to monitor online mentions of our company and our products on online newspapers, blogs, and microblogs. It's a great way to keep track of who is talking about us, what they are talking about, and which products of ours that other companies are promoting! There is no way to be able to see every mention, but Marketwired makes that far easier! Not to mention the service team is incredibly helpful when I need assistance.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be articles where the company is mentioned, but it is only in an ad or a related link - this information isn't necessary but that is the worst thing I have to say about using this software so far!

It is wonderful to see the reach of articles and press releases, and what exactly people have to say about our products when it isn't somewhere we have direct access to.

Marketwired review by <span>Charlotte G.</span>
Charlotte G.

"Marketwire - a perspective from a regular user "

What do you like best?

I use Marketwire to distribute news on behalf of clients in Canada on a regular basis (once to twice a month). I would recommend the service: I typically see between 5-10 additional pieces of coverage that I wouldn't otherwise have achieved on behalf of clients without using it. This specifically relates to news sites such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ that rely heavily on content from the wire.

The team at Marketwire are fantastic. They are responsive, helpful and accepting of the near impossible deadlines that I sometimes have to throw at them.

I have recently had experience of using a competitor's newswire in the U.S., and it highlighted how effective Marketwire Canada is by comparison - and how much better they are at generating coverage.

What do you dislike?

Marketwire has recently moved to an online system whereby the user (meaning me) goes through an online system to set up the wire distribution. I'm still a new user of the system and can find it difficult to navigate.

That said, when I've had issues with the system or tight deadlines to work to, the Marketwire team have been quick to help and set up the release for distribution on my behalf. I appreciate this level of customer support.

I use Marketwire to make my news releases reach a wider media base across Canada. There are certain websites that heavily feature stories from Marketwire - such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ. Even by telephone and email pitching, there are certain outlets I'd struggle to get coverage on in Canada without using the Marketwire service.

Marketwired review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Press releases for webinar events with Marketwire"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is simple to use. You tag your own location, header and contact and are able to format your content in the editor easily. What I like best:

- A representative will call within 15 minutes when they receive your release

- Editors notice typos - I received a call from an editor once that clarified on such an issue

- The service overall is great; sometimes they give recommendations which works well

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive reporting on where the reports being reached in detail - example description in detail where page views come from (% from which microsites).

This is probably not within Marketwired or any PR distributors's control - hyperlinks sometimes don't work when other sites pick it up, (deadlink) so you have to include a shortened link for your content.

For anyone who isnt so familiar with Press Release sites, it would be useful to have a hover-over function and describes briefly what webclips / newslines / trades mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial feature to become familiar with the software. A run through of the software will always be useful - most importantly to figure out after if such as outreach would be useful to you.

More content outreach. A small percentage of our business is being fulfilled by press releases.

Marketwired review by <span>Donald A.</span>
Donald A.

"Excellent general level of service"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to contact a person to discuss requirements. We don't do enough releases of one type to have a good feel for options. Many releases require some discussion, mostly with our helpful sales contact.

What do you dislike?

The online tool lacks some features. In order to release a second language version of the same release we have to make a note and send it separately via email. Because our requirements vary from release to release we don't get the full benefit of using a tool that would help a larger organization with many releases streamline their process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you lay out your requirements in terms of marketplace and languages clearly in order to get a full picture of costs.

We need a consistent channel for press releases. Marketwired provides that with updated databases of industry contacts. We could not do this ourselves for less money.

Marketwired review by User in Computer Software

"Was my favorite, until it got bought"

What do you like best?

It was easy and cost-effective to use and distribute technology-themed press releases to a very specific audience. I liked the high-tech hot spots corridor.

What do you dislike?

That the acquisition forced subscribers to re-sign up and it became a less straightforward process. This transition affected the ease of use at a critical time and the service team needed to call me back on multiple occasions to get me re signed-up after the acquisition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the recent changes in Marketwired's parent company before moving forward with using the services.

I use Marketwired to distribute a press release in a capacity that's both legally "on the record" and viewed as a news source by the public.

Marketwired review by <span>Jenna T.</span>
Jenna T.

"Review of Marketwired"

What do you like best?

The customer service- everyone always sounds chipper and eager to help when I have a question. That's an added plus

What do you dislike?

The site itself isn't user friendly- We use Marketwired at my place of employment and I work on a team. For example, if I draft up a press release on Marketwired, my manager is unable to login and view it/give her edits-it becomes cumbersome when we have a deadline and other things require our attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider a trial run-you won't get the full experience until you actually start using it and then after a period of time truly consider if it is right for you and your company.

We use Marketwired to send out our company's Press Releases-the analytics from Market wired are helpful and easy to follow.

Marketwired review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Used Marketwired for over a year at a nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Marketwired got us a ton of impressions on articles, but not sure it was targeting the best influencers.

What do you dislike?

We had a ton of trouble with the customer service and media databases. The databases were often out of date and releases would get a number of bouncebacks. Also we switched services to Vocus after and got most of the same services for about half the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very similar to other PR tools in that it gets you a ton of impressions, but very little engagement or results. The analytics and tracking were not great either.

We are a cancer nonprofit and the outreach was to serve more people affected by cancer with our free tools and services.

Marketwired review by <span>Kate C.</span>
Kate C.

"Marketwired Review"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use (step by step)

Friendly staff who are definitely there to help.

What do you dislike?

Off the top of my head I cannot think of something immediate I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want fast reliable, on-time service, choose Marketwired to get the job done!

Problem: Getting information out to our consumers/winners on a timely manner.

- Gets distributed throughout many outlets

- Geotarget each Press Release we release

- Very specific

- Fast and easy

- Efficient

- Less hassle

Marketwired review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"First time using Marketwired"

What do you like best?

Once I signed the contract with Marketwired, I needed to get a release out quickly. Every person I spoke with was informative, friendly, and helpful. One person I spoke with offered to post the release for me, or walk me through the process so I could set the release up in their system, myself. Their editorial team is quick to make changes (even last minute), and respond to emails.

What do you dislike?

What users should know however is that if they have questions related to pricing they should call a Cision representative. If there are questions about the content, setting up keywords, categories/industries, etc. related to the release, they should call a Marketwired representative. One person did say that I would have 24 hour access to customer service, and when I called after hours, they told me I didn't have access to 24 hour customer service (you have to pay for it). That was a little frustrating.

Not sure exactly what you mean here. What business problem am I trying to solve by using this platform? If that, the release is about raising awareness, and ultimately generating revenue by gaining leads. It's only been about 1 day, so it's hard to say what benefits have come from this yet.

Marketwired review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Marketwired Gets Our Content Out There!"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a great service to help us reach a wider audience. Their press releases are professional, and the staff ensure that the information is correct before publishing it.

I really appreciate the way they call to verify the press release before it's ever sent out. They've caught a few mistakes that we've missed before, which is a valuable service!

What do you dislike?

Minor technical glitches, but all in all it's a great service! It would be nice if they were able to get the content to more influencers in our field, as we've noticed sometimes it's only very small media outlets who pick up our press releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial to see how you like it. I think compared to other press release services, Marketwired offers considerable valuable and great customer service!

We're constantly looking to build our client base. Marketwired has helped us drive traffic to our content and events.

Marketwired review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Product, Not Always Consistent"

What do you like best?

The MarketWired press release approval process is usually swift and easy. Their staff is always helpful, polite, and submitting press releases for review is simple.

What do you dislike?

Since the split with Sysomos, MarketWired's listening and reporting capabilities have taken a rather large hit. I wish they could beef up this area of their product offering a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great as a wire service, but please check out other (inexpensive) options for listening. The Marketwired standalone listening and reporting simply aren't on par with their peers.

For the most part, we use MarketWired as our wire service, and since we have a lean PR staff, it's nice that their process moves quickly. We've only experienced a few issues, and their near-consistency has been helpful to our team's time management.

"Highly recommended"

What do you like best?

I like that real people are reviewing your press release and catch human error. It is not an algorithm or computer. They also consistently reach top tier and big local press and the customer service is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The reports of coverage are not totally comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the more exhaustive distribution tools and extremely reliable. They can accommodate times and preferences and the customer service is impeccable. I've never had a problem with contacting them or getting questions answered.

I use this to distribute and monitor press releases. This saves a significant amount of time sending individual messages to the hundreds of outlets that Marketwired can distribute to in seconds. It also tracks pick ups without endless searches of key words.

Marketwired review by <span>Shelley H.</span>
Shelley H.

"Marketwired Resonate press release distro"

What do you like best?

it's a great discount as compared to typical wire service

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not immediately intuitive (you have to save info in different areas before moving forward, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is good- not as good as businesswire in my experience, but solid.

Cost effective way to issue press releases

Marketwired review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Marketwired: basic but effective"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the platform is to use. The team is incredibly responsive and helpful when needed. The editorial staff is collaborative and useful in terms of making sure all of our information is correct and accurate before being distributed externally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how limited Marketwired's reporting capabilities are. There are reports issued per press release, but there is no way to compare a large number of reports (greater than 5) side by side at a time. Additionally, Marketwired doesn't provide the data analysis a press release's performance in any other format than a locked PDF, which is incredibly ineffective if you're trying to do your own analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is great for a cost-effective way to distribute your press releases. The standard service doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gets the job done.

We aren't solving any major business problems, but Marketwired is our tool to get our research and publications exposed to a large external audience. In terms of benefits, having a record of how we share our news externally is very helpful.

Marketwired review by <span>David M.</span>
David M.

"Used for 15 years with no end in sight."

What do you like best?

MarketWired has always been a trusted component of our internal communications process.

What do you dislike?

With the public's demand for visual content continuing to skyrocket, the more visual content we can add our our press releases the better.

MarketWired ensures our press releases get the broadest reach possible.

"Effective distribution service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Once you have all your info set up, it's pretty simple to submit a release

What do you dislike?

Although I understand why, I'm not a fan of the fact they call you prior to a release being distributed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very expensive so try to work out a contract per use if you're sending out a lot of releases in a year

This distribution allows more eyes on releases from and SEO perspective.

Marketwired review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing media listening platform"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a unified platform consisting of social media listening, social search (historic social graph analysis) and real time monitoring. It allows ability to monitor real time, conduct research and engage all within the same interface.

What do you dislike?

Inability to integrate with other enterprise marketing technology platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

License costs should be negotiated in advance.

Media monitoring, social media research and social media marketing.

Marketwired review by <span>Natalija P.</span>
Natalija P.

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

Detailed analytics reports, straightforward wire, direct to Canadian Press. Great results!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about Marketwired.

Increasing media coverage for my clients.

Marketwired review by <span>Martin S.</span>
Martin S.

"Highly intuitive press release service"

What do you like best?

The wide variety of pricing and wire options, combined with the SEO enhancement features, make Marketwired an ideal choice for publicists. In addition, the release activity reports provide great analytics.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. I only use Marketwired for sending out press releases and I'm not familiar with the other features.

Marketwired has been invaluable in providing clients the search engine results they are looking for.

Marketwired review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Marketwired. It's easy to use, you can upload releases within minutes and have selected newslines/industries ready to go. We've gotten a lot more traction and interest since we began using Marketwired.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. I absolutely love using it and it's really helped us.

Awareness.

Marketwired review by <span>Marianne L.</span>
Marianne L.

"Great customer service, fast response time, not enough tag options"

What do you like best?

What I like best is how quickly they respond to an uploaded press release.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they don't have home security or home technology as a possible tag option.

We are trying to create more social awareness of our brand and business. We've realized the benefit in publicizing our accomplishments and news on social media.

Marketwired review by <span>Rod M.</span>
Rod M.

"Marketwired "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, pricing, reach and editorial staff

What do you dislike?

Offhand, can't think of anything negative to say

As a public company we need a professional press release and Sedar filing company. Marketwired provides this in a very professional way. Their releases reach a wide audience and as a result helps to bring our name 'public' and beings potential business to us.

Marketwired review by <span>Céline C.</span>
Céline C.

"A new way of doing PR"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is really great for sharing content with media and social networks around the world!

What do you dislike?

It can take some time to get used to this new Platform... and therefore get all the benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to ask for support. Great team!

Great customer support, great competitive solutions for limited budget.

Marketwired review by Agency in Computer Software
Agency in Computer Software

"Amazing customer service! "

What do you like best?

The people at Marketwired are SO helpful and prompt. The site is also user friendly & simple to navigate.

What do you dislike?

A little outdated, side could be a little more visually appealing.

The ability to publish a press release to a target market at a reasonable cost.

Marketwired review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Posting agency press releases"

What do you like best?

Their app is simple to use. Customer support is strong. They called me right away with comments and clarifications.

What do you dislike?

Hard not to feel like they're trying to upsell when they should just be advising. I just want to post my press release...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a trial run. It's hard to judge the quality of release distribution without an actual test. I really think MW's customer support stands out.

New biz dev. Awareness. We want to get our story in front of the right audiences.

Marketwired review by <span>Trevor H.</span>
Trevor H.

"User at multiple agencies"

What do you like best?

In my experience, the staff have always been friendly, helpful and accessible.

What do you dislike?

I find that the overall business model is a little out of date, especially charging by the word or block of words.

Not sure what this questions is referring to exactly.

Marketwired review by <span>Jessica S.</span>
Jessica S.

"Overall, pleased with my experience with Marketwired -- straightforward, simple, and efficient."

What do you like best?

Intuitive and easy to use. Service team is reliable and responsive. Easy Edgar.

What do you dislike?

Stopped receiving automatic email notifications, which the vendor has been unable to correct. All communication must be by phone.

Efficient, reliable way to distribute press releases and file 8-Ks

Marketwired review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Press Release distribution made easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use to upload your release, select the distribution lists, attached images and links.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the website layout, slightly overwhelming at first glance.

Housing media monitoring, press/news release in one area for an integrated PR plan.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Many distribution options - could use a preview feature"

What do you like best?

There are many different options for press release distribution, which makes it easy to tailor to each client's needs.

What do you dislike?

There's no effective preview feature - it would be great to see the press release + logo all together how it would appear on Marketwire prior to submitting.

It makes it easy to get press releases wide distribution and bring attention to our clients' announcements.

Marketwired review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Have distributed one release."

What do you like best?

The customer service was excellent, particularly in off-business hours.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to save a release before confirming the send is annoying. had to re-enter my release a couple times. Also, the user interface is very unfriendly. Also you should allow for more characters for SEO.

Great for impressions and SEO.

Marketwired review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Very satisfactory experience"

What do you like best?

Expedience and excellent client service, ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Website interface makes it hard sometimes to go from one language version to another

Rapid distribution of media advisories and news releases

Marketwired review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Marketwired for press release distribution "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fast response times from team

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike about the solution or service.

News distribution and pick up

"Marketwited"

What do you like best?

We like using market wired for some of our smaller clients

What do you dislike?

The help and support team is sometimes slow to respond

Putting out press releases cheaper

Marketwired review by User in Computer Software

"Good and bad"

What do you like best?

Being able to get out information to media quickly

What do you dislike?

Not seeing great results with media and maybe getting more help with getting it together

Recommendations to others considering the product

more help with getting things to media

being able to get out in the media quickly

Marketwired review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use. The customer service is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There are many features/pages that require loading as I go through the upload process.

Uploading press releases. Successfully put out releases as needed.

Marketwired review by Executive Sponsor in Aviation & Aerospace
Executive Sponsor in Aviation & Aerospace

"we use marketwired to distribute press releases"

What do you like best?

Ability to target our press releases to certain audiences and create our own customized email distribution list

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about Marketwired

We are disseminating information about our company, products, and programs

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use. Good customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Good online submission form.

What do you dislike?

waiting time for distribution of a press release can sometimes be lengthy.

Get information online in the search engines.

Marketwired review by Administrator in Government Relations
Administrator in Government Relations

"Positive and responsive"

What do you like best?

people are always happy to help. so far so good.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I am not sure. I only use Marketwired to distribute press releases and all has been good.

not sure

Marketwired review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Adequate Wire Service"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload release and friendly staff

What do you dislike?

I don't get a good view/read of who has picked up the release. Shows same non-related pubs/feeds everytime

N/A

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use, hard to monitor "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for distribution. User friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

The analytics dashboard is confusing and cluttered.

Makes distribution of releases simple and easy.

Marketwired review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use Press Release Distribution"

What do you like best?

The staff is friendly, caring and experimented.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Marketwired services.

Press Release distribution

Learning about Marketwired?

* We monitor all Marketwired reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.