Marketwired

Marketwired empowers the world’s communicators to achieve greatness and move beyond words, offering press release distribution and social media insights.

Work for Marketwired?

Learning about Marketwired?

Marketwired Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 41 Marketwired reviews
Marketwired review by <span>Dian R.</span>
Dian R.

Marketwired for Press Release in Online Distribution

What do you like best?

Marketwired is easy to use, you can upload releases within minutes and have your newslines/industries pre-selected and ready to go. They used to make you select regions, contact info and headlines- but they did away with it now and that streamlines the process. The editors are also very thorough - they will call you prior to distribution (to confirm your distribution over the phone) and point out any mistakes, or grammatical errors you might have missed. I also like their reporting where you can download a list of all the sites that have pulled your article into one PDF. Another thing I like is simply emailing them any changes, and it is done very easily and promptly without having to go back into the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much; I used to receive phone calls much faster in advance as they have to verbally confirm your distribution - but as of late they don't call as fast and as per my last release early this month for Aug 2016, they didn't call at all and I had to call in to confirm. It is also at some point unclear to pinpoint which sites they go on, as our press release is very industry specific, and so far the newslines and 'corridors' that it is sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use dashboard, with great service when it comes to looking over your releases prior to distribution. Reporting is quite detailed and easy to access as well.

We have press releases going out for our events, and this helps us spread the word on our events. We have a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marketwired
Marketwired review by <span>Nathan I.</span>
Nathan I.

Great service, easy to use

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a relatively cheap wire service that is very user friendly and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

As is the case with all wire services, international and national releases can be very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's free to sign up and all the prices are listed, so there's no commitment unless you're ready to send something out.

As part of my job, we frequently send releases to wide distribution networks, and this helps boost the amount of eyeballs on a gievn release.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Marketwired review by <span>Avery H.</span>
Avery H.

Great for keeping track of company mentions in the media!

What do you like best?

I have mainly used Marketwired's News Dashboard to monitor online mentions of our company and our products on online newspapers, blogs, and microblogs. It's a great way to keep track of who is talking about us, what they are talking about, and which products of ours that other companies are promoting! There is no way to be able to see every mention, but Marketwired makes that far easier! Not to mention the service team is incredibly helpful when I need assistance.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be articles where the company is mentioned, but it is only in an ad or a related link - this information isn't necessary but that is the worst thing I have to say about using this software so far!

It is wonderful to see the reach of articles and press releases, and what exactly people have to say about our products when it isn't somewhere we have direct access to.

Marketwired review by <span>Charlotte G.</span>
Charlotte G.

Marketwire - a perspective from a regular user

What do you like best?

I use Marketwire to distribute news on behalf of clients in Canada on a regular basis (once to twice a month). I would recommend the service: I typically see between 5-10 additional pieces of coverage that I wouldn't otherwise have achieved on behalf of clients without using it. This specifically relates to news sites such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ that rely heavily on content from the wire.

The team at Marketwire are fantastic. They are responsive, helpful and accepting of the near impossible deadlines that I sometimes have to throw at them.

I have recently had experience of using a competitor's newswire in the U.S., and it highlighted how effective Marketwire Canada is by comparison - and how much better they are at generating coverage.

What do you dislike?

Marketwire has recently moved to an online system whereby the user (meaning me) goes through an online system to set up the wire distribution. I'm still a new user of the system and can find it difficult to navigate.

That said, when I've had issues with the system or tight deadlines to work to, the Marketwire team have been quick to help and set up the release for distribution on my behalf. I appreciate this level of customer support.

I use Marketwire to make my news releases reach a wider media base across Canada. There are certain websites that heavily feature stories from Marketwire - such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ. Even by telephone and email pitching, there are certain outlets I'd struggle to get coverage on in Canada without using the Marketwire service.

Marketwired review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Press releases for webinar events with Marketwire

What do you like best?

Marketwired is simple to use. You tag your own location, header and contact and are able to format your content in the editor easily. What I like best:

- A representative will call within 15 minutes when they receive your release

- Editors notice typos - I received a call from an editor once that clarified on such an issue

- The service overall is great; sometimes they give recommendations which works well

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive reporting on where the reports being reached in detail - example description in detail where page views come from (% from which microsites).

This is probably not within Marketwired or any PR distributors's control - hyperlinks sometimes don't work when other sites pick it up, (deadlink) so you have to include a shortened link for your content.

For anyone who isnt so familiar with Press Release sites, it would be useful to have a hover-over function and describes briefly what webclips / newslines / trades mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial feature to become familiar with the software. A run through of the software will always be useful - most importantly to figure out after if such as outreach would be useful to you.

More content outreach. A small percentage of our business is being fulfilled by press releases.

Marketwired review by <span>Donald A.</span>
Donald A.

Excellent general level of service

What do you like best?

I like the ability to contact a person to discuss requirements. We don't do enough releases of one type to have a good feel for options. Many releases require some discussion, mostly with our helpful sales contact.

What do you dislike?

The online tool lacks some features. In order to release a second language version of the same release we have to make a note and send it separately via email. Because our requirements vary from release to release we don't get the full benefit of using a tool that would help a larger organization with many releases streamline their process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you lay out your requirements in terms of marketplace and languages clearly in order to get a full picture of costs.

We need a consistent channel for press releases. Marketwired provides that with updated databases of industry contacts. We could not do this ourselves for less money.

Learning about Marketwired?

* We monitor all Marketwired reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.