Marvel

Design and Prototyping for everyone. No coding required. Sign up free!

Work for Marvel?

Learning about Marvel?

Marvel Reviews

Ask Marvel a Question
Showing 106 Marvel reviews
Marvel review by <span>Anais O.</span>
Anais O.

"#MarvelAppLover"

What do you like best?

I love marvel, he has been with me since I started in the user experience, the platform is super intuitive and easy, I can interact with my colleagues in real time, I can edit my designs and fix details quickly. Now with the new API they have, I loved them more! they have integrated a bot, they allied with Smartmockups where I am also a fan and many other things, with Marvel I can have prototypes of the highest fidelity in a super easy and fun way and if I do not understand or have difficulties in something, there is the team of Support to support me always.

What do you dislike?

Thats my membership expired hehe, being serious

maybe a better quality of my photos when I upload them to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried several tools for prototyping and I recommend Marvel for being easy, intuitive, friendly and reliable.

Marvel is one of my main work tools, they accompany me at the end of my designs, when I need to prototype and have presentations with them, also in my communication with stakeholders and front-end developers with whom I am in constant communication.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marvel
Marvel review by <span>Rafael C.</span>
Rafael C.

"Fast, easy and better prototype tool!"

What do you like best?

Marvel it's powerful and simple to work. I can expor all my artboards just with one click and make user flow navigation on website without problems. If I need update a screen, abracadabra and voilà, its done! I love have the prototype in man hands with the app from Marvel. I can show for everyone my app on Marvel and most of them think that is the fact an application, not only a prototype. It's really nice get this feedback. It's pretty cool to embed my prototype on my website.

What do you dislike?

It will be perfect if I could record navigation on Marvel App and make all the flow process making hiperlinks directly on Sketch App. This way, we can go faster than ever prototyping all the apps and make flows on Sketch App ambience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Marvel and your prototypes will flying! Fast, easy and better prototyping tool!

Fast prototyping and show all flow navigation for my sponsor the final results of application before start the development. I don't know how many times Marvel help me to make good presentations, just opening my project on Marvel website.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

Marvel review by <span>Samuel S.</span>
Samuel S.

"A better tool than Invision"

What do you like best?

This Invision competitor is a lot better in my opinion. I think their consistent updates and improvements are right on target, their support is ultra responsive, and the tool just works great. I got into Marvel because of the mobile app "Pop" that they acquired. I love that mobile app. It allows you to put hotspots over pictures (white board or paper drawings) to create nifty prototypes in no time at all. I love the ability to use the application from the very beginning of the design process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't know if there's anything I don't love. Sure their sketch plugin could be beefier I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd skip Invision and just go straight for Marvel. They seem to be a more empathetic and considerate company.

Mobile prototyping. Quick mockups. User testing. The main benefit is how quickly you can get up and running with this application. I'd say my speed to clickable prototype using marvel vs. invision is a huge win for this app and for my team.

Marvel review by <span>Anna Maria B.</span>
Anna Maria B.

"You can depend on this one."

What do you like best?

We moved to Marvel from InV and it was such a relief to finally have fast, stable tool we could rely on. It's efficient, with handoff working perfectly. Support team responding fast; unlike in InV., if any problem or request appears they actually work on solving it for us as fast as they can, instead of just pushing for new features being released & leaving buggy product behind with no intention to fix it any time soon. Yet, when the new features are being introduced, they are well tested, and stable.

Simple, intuitive, just great!

What do you dislike?

Again, We are happy with having a bit less if that means we will have reliable product that will not fail us. There are some features we are missing, like section in the project, or possibility to prototype in sketch directly, but It's nothing that would hold us back from using it. We found our ways around it :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care for good quality & reliable product, as well as great, responsive and efficient support – this is the one.

We are working on new product, and since our team is growing fast we need a tool to synchronize different teams, prototype, and keep all the discussions and feedback in one place.

Marvel review by <span>Amit S.</span>
Amit S.

"Great app for making mobile app design and prototype highly recommended"

What do you like best?

Marvel app is one of the best app for designing mobile apps and prototyping. I like the user experience and user interface of this app. It's a problem-solving app before marvel app I used to send emails to my client to look at the design, but now I simply put my designs in marvel app and make the prototype like working app. The animations and scrolling effects are fantastic in Marvel App, Thank You Marvel App Team for giving us such a wonderful app.

What do you dislike?

I don't think, in my experience, there is no thing that I dislike. If you add more tools in design app prototype section that would be great. Otherwise, you are great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app, those who are mobile app designers you should check it out once. You'll love it.

Marvel App has solved my many problems like quick designing of an app prototype even when you are not in your office, or showing the design of an app to the client in the best way. One of the best product for prototyping.

Marvel review by <span>Alexa F.</span>
Alexa F.

"Very simple to use, great way to map out the functions of a developing app"

What do you like best?

I used this software for a group project to develop the logistics and wireframe of an app. We tried multiple applications but Marvel ultimately worked best for us because it allowed us to add functioning hotspots on top of the design so people helping us with the prototyping could actually use the app rather than just look at it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I didn't like (in our case of using it) was the way the hotspots worked. Rather than just clicking them like you would buttons, anytime you clicked the screen, anywhere where there was a hotspot flashed blue. This moderately took away from the realness of the app while prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It's free and very simple to use; worked great for our purposes, and was perfect to use in a small time frame.

Even though there were a few things we didn't love about the application, it worked really well for us in offering a replica of what our planned app would look like. We were able to work out the bugs of what people liked and didn't like while prototyping, without having to devote the time to build out the entire app and then scrap parts of it.

Marvel review by <span>Roland S.</span>
Roland S.

"Easy to use Prototyping tool ~ Marvel"

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel is that it is free to use. You can easily design a prototype by uploading your visual designs and adding interactions and gestures. If you update your design, you can easily sync or upload your design and the changes will appear automatically.

What do you dislike?

You're not able to really duplicate you hotspots from one design to the other. Also, you can't really add a drop-down menu, and it is missing some gesture actions to make the prototype more realistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is a great app to prototype and see you live on your desktop or phone, Best of all is that it is free!!

Marvel allows our clients to see their mobile app in action to make improvements fast without investing a lot of time.

Marvel review by <span>Shawn W.</span>
Shawn W.

"Quick low fidelity prototype"

What do you like best?

You can easily link sketched screens into an active prototype. This ability encourages quick testing & iterations for a swifter development process. I've previously used to discuss design solutions and share iterations with cross-functional teams. It was especially helpful when time is limited. Aside from that, The interface is relatively easy to use. Everything is straightforward. I do wish that there were more animation options (a similar issue that I ran into while using POP).

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what happened but my Marvel app does not work anymore. I see the splash screen for a second and then and brought back to my home screen. Besides the fact that it doesn't load anymore, not much. An update is needed and because of that I haven't returned to this app since my trial phase used in one of my previous projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like POP, Marvel is in a good direction. They excel in quick prototyping which makes it a great product for user testing or quick feedbacks from team & stakeholders. They could improve on their sharing capabilities. That would allow others to share feedbacks.

Same problem as the one I'm solving through InVision but faster. I am hoping to quickly draft ideas & prototype through Marvel as opposed to creating near perfect wireframes on InVision. Solves the same problem but focuses on a different medium, mobile. As opposed to InVision, Marvel allows me to sketch and put together a quick prototype that can be used for discussions. This saves time & money that could be otherwise spent on other activities or projects.

Marvel review by <span>Sonia B.</span>
Sonia B.

"Wonderful mockup tool for high fidelity prototyping"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a very simple User Interface, and has many bells and whistles that make the prototype look very professional. For designers who are building a portfolio, it's wonderful that you can embed prototypes into any website.

What do you dislike?

Marvel doesn't allow for micro interactions, so it is hard to prototype more complex apps with complete accuracy.

Marvel is a quick and easy way to show clients the closest thing to a working version of their product. I also like how you can have more than one project at a time whereas in InVision, you can only have one project before you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Now that Marvel syncs with Sketch, it's a perfect substitute for InVision for Entrepreneurs who are strapped for cash!

Marvel review by <span>Vladimir E.</span>
Vladimir E.

"Quick and intuitive - a marvellous prototyping solution"

What do you like best?

It's trully amazing how quick and easy it is working with Marvel since day one. Creating a simple prototype is a matter of minutes, developing complex demonstrations is also a breeze compared to similar solutions on the market. My personal favorite feature is the Marvel plugin for Sketch which allows for direct export of screens and iterations.

What do you dislike?

Recently started noticing that having lots of active projects slows down the initial load of your projects list. I also have difficulties when working on more complex demonstrations of fixed headers and footers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend including Marvel into a short list for consideration when choosing prototyping software.

The main benefit from working with Marvel is the ability to quickly demonstrate to clients a working image of their final project.

Marvel review by <span>Alyssa P.</span>
Alyssa P.

"Great for quick prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel is a great program for building quick prototypes. The interface is quite simple to use and it does not take long to learn the basics. I love how neat and clean the final product is and am happy to share my work with clients – not always the case with a third party software.

What do you dislike?

The system gets cumbersome when working with large or complex prototypes. I would love to see a folder system for organizing pngs, so that I don't have to scroll through the incredibly long list to choose the next screen. I would also love to see better duplication of hotspots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is a great tool for creating simple prototypes. I love the way that it integrates with sketch. The only drawback is when you start building large or complex prototypes – managing a ton of screens can be a pain (would be nice if there was some sort of folder system). Otherwise, great tool. The commenting and hotspot features are awesome.

I love that I can easily show my clients a realistic view of the screens and flows for their applications.

Marvel review by <span>Camilo M.</span>
Camilo M.

"Is just awesome"

What do you like best?

The way you can build easily and fast prototypes have not competition.

I use Marvel and Invision on a daily basis (for different clients) and the way you can duplicate links in Marvel is far best than the Hotspots templates in Invision.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I just hope in a near future Marvel has more features for a complete design workflow, like the code snippets, and a way to manage design tasks efficiently inside the same app.

When you're trying to validate your ideas, prototyping is the best solution. You can share them with stakeholders, users, and even team members.

Marvel review by <span>Tri R.</span>
Tri R.

"The Best Prototyping App that Even Non-Designers Could Use Perfectly"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to do prototyping and share it

What do you dislike?

I don't think I've found a way to copy a component to other screens

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use Marvel even if you are not a skilled UI/UX designer. I am a complete n00b when it comes to graphic designing but I could Marvel right away and produce a complete mobile app prototype and deliver it to my client in less than a week.

Even the free plan is still excellent!!

I have solved the issue of swift, complete prototype delivery to my clients so I could receive their feedbacks and start developing the apps in the matter of days.

Marvel review by <span>Nicholas G.</span>
Nicholas G.

"Great Prototyping Software!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Marvel is it's ability to prototype apps for those who don't have the ability to code. We've been able to solve a lot of UI/UX issues by actually seeing our app on mocked-up using their tablet interface.

What do you dislike?

The most frustrating part we've encountered has been it's actual app for displaying the app we've created. The software only lets us swipe through the screens, it doesn't let us go in the flow in which we'd like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for work flows to be implemented into the software.

The business problems we're solving with Marvel is UI/UX issues and gaining customer feedback as we're developing. The benefits have been awesome! We're catching loads of problems before we're going into production and coding. This has helped our product significantly knowing we've essentially seen what our final product could be.

Marvel review by <span>Paweł K.</span>
Paweł K.

"Mockup Tool for Everybody"

What do you like best?

Simple, fast and easy to use. These three words describe how Marvel perfected mockup creating. And best of all – you can use it for free. Marvel mobile apps are elegant and sync fast.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, but the site might be a bit faster sometimes. But overall it's really great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try – their free plan is perfectly suited for individuals and small teams.

Marvel allows us testing design ideas and testing them fast, especially with their latest plugin for Sketch. Before using prototype tools it was harder to sync and test designs on mobile.

Marvel review by <span>Glen M.</span>
Glen M.

"A simple, easy and highly polished prototyping platform"

What do you like best?

Marvel excels through it's simplicity. It's super easy to throw a bunch of design images into a project and send a short url off to a client for feedback. For more complex projects, it also has some very simple and elegant transitions to help you link and animate together a working prototype. The Marvel UI is super responsive and allows you to focus on your goal rather than wrangle with the tools. There's even an export tool that integrates directly into Sketch so you can send and update your designs super-fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Marvel is a little too fast for it's own good. Every now and then the hotspot region tool will not auto-save it's position and function, meaning you will have to go back and modify it. Other than that Marvel just keeps getting better and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're after prototyping software, then I'd say this should definitely be on your radar. Give InVision and Proto.io a go too. If there's something integral that Marvel is missing, then I'd suggest letting them know - they seem to be pretty responsive and helpful over email.

I originally used Marvel as a client feedback tool for static UI designs, but quickly progressed to fully functioning wireframes and UX designs for websites and smartphone apps. The ability to bring a design to life like this won us plenty of client praise and made the transition from design to development that much easier.

"Happy User"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can show the prototype deign of our app to clients in a phone mock and the look and feel is as real as it can get. Their customer relationship team seem to be quite efficient and I am pleasantly surprised how they reached out to me one instance for follow up.

What do you dislike?

Not so much to dislike really. More like a wish list that the free version would have some more benefits. The limits on the free version makes one think about upgrade.

We use it to share app designs with clients and get their feedback on them and make changes before we can go into development. The best benefit would be to get iterations done while it is still in theory (design) phase before actual development happens after which the changes become difficult and complicated.

Marvel review by <span>Will Taylor S.</span>
Will Taylor S.

"Has Improved Significantly Very Recently"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free, easy to use, and has the ability to let anyone comment publicly on designs. Happy to see they are honing in on implementing new features again. I switched to Invision but now Marvel is becoming interesting to me again. New features I can't wait to check out; user testing tools, iOS prototyping is a great feature that I've yet to check out.

- iOS prototyping app

- Sketch plugin, (Marvel not having this was one of the main reasons I switched to Invision).

- Embedding prototypes into websites - awesome for developing my portfolio w/o them having to leave the site. Invision can't do that.

- Embedding videos in prototypes. Invision can't do that.

What do you dislike?

Invision still has the lead in asset transfers to development teams. The ability to essentially "dismantle" a screen from Sketch, see the sizes of assets, fonts, HTML colors, and download them have made handoff a breeze. If Marvel gets into asset management, it would also be nice to see "bundling" of screens that are different aspect ratios of the same screen. Ex: After syncing and iOS design to Marvel, I'd select the iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, and iPhone SE versions of the same screen, and bundle them so that my workspace is cleaner for prototyping and I'm not seeing 3 versions of each screen all the time, just the 1 version that I want to see, (but of course I can open the bundle and see all versions at any time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product that seems to be on a fast track to greatness. The well-rounded freemium model makes it worth trying out.

Faster and more realistic prototyping, collaboration between myself and developers, and hopefully user testing soon.

Marvel review by User in Research
User in Research

"Superb for collaboration "

What do you like best?

I love that Marvel have released a Sketch plugin allowing me to easily and quickly update my wireframes and designs. It is a great tool to collaborate and get feedback in one place.

What do you dislike?

More of an improvement rather than a dislike... Working as a UX Specialist, I write long, comprehensive functionality documents which contain screenshots of wireframes and designs plus links to them on Marvel. It would be really useful to have some kind of integration with Google Docs that a thumbnail/preview image could be pulled through.

I am publishing wireframes to users and the development team for feedback. Being able to update my files quickly with the Sketch plugin allows me more time to work on the design.

Marvel review by User in Financial Services

"Awesome app for design and prototyping, really easy to use"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and provides an excellent visualization of what you're trying to achieve with your app prior to building. The design interface and screen creation is simple yet flexible for any user, and can be used to help effectively document project requirements with your team.

What do you dislike?

The organization and sequencing of prototype screens can be cumbersome once there is a large number of screens. It would be great to have some folder structure to organize these better. The hotspots can also act glitchy occasionally and sometimes need to be redone.

I am in the process of building an app for a gap in the iOS/Android market and Marvel is giving me the ability to prototype this design to clearly pitch the idea to investors and illustrate my vision.

Marvel review by <span>Toby B.</span>
Toby B.

"If you're not using Marvel, you're seriously missing out. Big time!"

What do you like best?

Embraces a seamless collaborative working process across client and the team, speeding up the timeline.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about Marvel. They're very responsive and their platform is so easy to get clients using

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to adopt and use at any level, it's ideal for easy collaboration with clients and saves some serious time reworking on numerous rounds of amends.

Breaking down traditional silos and issues around being drip-fed feedback, Marvel has helped create a collaborative process that reduces top results in far less time. Far less time means we can compete competitively in the market.

"Switching from InVision"

What do you like best?

So intuitive. It is quite robust while still feeling light and playful. I was able to dive in and feel like a pro within minutes. With a bit of practice, the Layers tool can be quite useful for demonstrating motion and micro-interactions, something that is quite hacky or difficult in other applications. The ability to easily sync with Sketch and update artboards on the fly was great as well. Handoff seems to be superior to InVision's Inspect as well.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to prototype multiple devices within the same project, although I believe "Sections" may be handling this in the near future.

We are looking for a comprehensive tool that can be used by our design team, product owners, and development team. Marvel succeeds in appealing to all three groups. The design team found it faster and more intuitive than InVision, the embedded design tool allows Product owners to quickly mock up wireframes if need be, and our developers love Handoff.

Marvel review by <span>Ian S.</span>
Ian S.

"Marvel is a wonderful program"

What do you like best?

I love that I can draw right on Marvel's interface. I'm an illustrator by trade, and a web designer through schooling. Being able to blend the two has really helped further my career in graphic design.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the subscription-based services that everything is becoming. I mean, I understand that it allows for constant free updates, but having to pay for an on-demand service is becoming a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend having a stylis instead of a mouse, it feels more organic that way. But maybe I'm bias because I do all my work off of a wacom tablet.

Being able to translate my ideas straight up from pen-to-paper. Er, from screen-to-screen, I guess. It helps keep everyone in the loop (kinda like basecamp does) and it's an easy to work with program. Anybody can take it, and run with it. I like its usability, and it helps us plan better.

Marvel review by <span>Jon J.</span>
Jon J.

"A great and nearly identical alternative ito Invision"

What do you like best?

Super fast and easy way to make mobile, tablet, and desktop prototypes of apps and websites. I like the ability for clients to comment on designs and give instruction or feedback. It's also nice to be able to share a prototype with someone and not worry whether or not they have the software to view it. all they need is a browser. The other thing I really like about marvel is that unlike other similar programs like invision, it is a whole lot cheaper and has just about the same features. You of course get more features with invision, but at a pretty lofty price.

What do you dislike?

You can't have the same team-wide interactions that you can with invision. You also don't have a few nice features like overlays or the soon to be animations that they're going to add to invision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're paying for Invision, give marvel a try. You'll be surprised at how well it does the job. Just might be able to save you a ton of money if you're not using all of the other features in invision they deem worthy of the extra $$$.

Needed a quick and easy to use rapid prototyping tool that I can share website and mobile app mock ups with clients. Also was on a pretty tight budget which is why marvel was the tool of choice for us.

Marvel review by <span>Franck v.</span>
Franck v.

"Easy and quick in use! "

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel to me is how low the learning curve is. You can jump in and directly start with prototyping. Next to that Marvel is way faster in use then it's competitors. I can easily make a good looking prototype in a short period to give my clients an idea of the end result.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about Marvel, I only use Marvel for shorter projects or single functions and always had positive experiences with Marvel. You're doing great!!

Marvel helps me to prototype designs for my clients. It is really easy and quick in use which helps me to make quick prototypes to show to my clients.

Marvel review by <span>Jakub K.</span>
Jakub K.

"Simple & fast tool to prepare app mockup"

What do you like best?

Sync with Dropbox is extremely useful to me.

What do you dislike?

When I add too many screens its a little bit hard to find screen I want to edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, fast and simple. If you design in PSD or Sketch Marvel is what you need to check your project on device.

It's free and it fits my needs so I don't have to use any other tools. Marvel helps me with testing design on device and allows to show devs how an app should work.

Marvel review by <span>Jonn B.</span>
Jonn B.

"Marvel at Marvel"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Marvel is it's ease of use, but the one thing that really blew me away was the Twitter integration when you just drop a link in a tweet it shows the mock-up in app!

What do you dislike?

Still not as advanced as some, but still an incredible tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that although some features from other platforms aren't here, they aren't as agile and we'll integrated as Marvel.

Clear understanding from all parties what we are trying to achieve, all at speed.

Marvel review by <span>Sebastián P.</span>
Sebastián P.

"Prototype best"

What do you like best?

Best of Marvel is the campatibilidad with Dropbox or Google Drive. quickly upload jpg or png screens, and very intuitive interaction can give. If suddenly you need to correct a screen, you update the images in the repository, and your prototype will be updated immediately.

Collaborative work is also one of its advantages, and also, of course, so everything is online, it becomes an indispensable tool for a UX designer.

I love the way you make the header and footer, so they are floating in making a scrool. This can be very useful for floating buttons Material Design.

What do you dislike?

I would like to improve some points in the use of interaction tools:

If you use the timer not use the hotspot prune because it brings you the whole screen.

Nor is it clear the use of an image to Drag and drop to position your overlay. When you export the link is not as desired.

I would like that they can make hot spot areas of irregular shapes, not just rectangular, this would be very useful for marking hot spot in graphs or pie chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to be completely free.

I recommend adding the icon of the app, convert the link in app and place it in the device and display it from there.

He brought great customer presentation solutions.

The collaborative work between the different members is very agile.

The generation of the app on the desktop device, gives a very professional when presenting a prototype completion.

Comodo, a lightweight file sharing easy.

Another advantage is that the company, thanks to Marvel, reduce the use of Axure, leaving only for prototyping in high resolution.

Marvel review by <span>VYSAK A.</span>
VYSAK A.

"Its a supper easy application to turn your designs into clickable prototypes"

What do you like best?

- Simple and user-friendly web interface.

- Photoshop & sketch integration is very helpful for directly pulling the changes from the system.

- Ability to download the prototypes on your device for testing.

- Timer option is helpful to show popup messages/confirmation messages in particular prototypes.

- Incorporation of native animations and interaction. (It worked smoothly on my android prototypes)

- Option to allocate different levels of access to each contributor, which is very useful to collaborate with stakeholders, partner and others working on the same project.

- Option to embed the projects in your website/portfolios

What do you dislike?

It seems that the prototype needs to be downloaded each time I open the app (android device). So without the access to the internet, the app will not be downloaded ( I generally used to check the screens in internet access and keep the app opened prior to user testing). Other than that marvel app works perfectly for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really go for it. awesome experience.

- I have used Marvel app during my internship at Amazon IN, It helped me in quickly explain my idea to my mentor and other members working on the project. Prototype worked perfectly during the user testing.

- During the academic projects and assignments it was very helpfull for me and my frineds to showcase our works using the app.

- Its free for prototyping: Since I am a student it was really a good factor for me to select marvel app over other competitors.

Marvel review by <span>Dhvanil P.</span>
Dhvanil P.

"Wonderful experience with Marvel (and a few suggestions for improvment)"

What do you like best?

- Sketch + Photoshop integration.

- Ability to see your prototypes quickly on Mobile / Watch. WatchOS integration is FANTASTIC.

- GDrive + Dropbox sync.

- Super easy to use. Have convinced many of my coder & product friends to use Marvel as well. They totally agreed.

- Animations (they seem very smooth & native while running the prototype in iPhone)

- UI of web application is very cool too.

What do you dislike?

- The clunkly mobile sync mechanism (on iOS) The application downloads the entire Marvel project everytime the application is opened. Leads to some problems when have to show the project to someone at a non-internet connected location (a big problem in India, where I live) No option to download the marvel project (have to use the flight mode setting for Marvel to not refresh)

- Inability to use the native sensors (Gyroscope, Camera, Microphone etc) There have been many different and interesting features I've wanted to put in my application designs but could not do so using Marvel (had to switch to RelativeWave Form for that)

- Native Mac application would be super useful. When I do not have internet access, and can quickly run the prototypes in my mobile device by connecting my laptop to my phone using bluetooth / USB cable.

- Better work flows. If I 'entered' into Screen 2 using Screen 1, it would be cool if Marvel could remember where I entered from (i.e. Screen 1) so that I can use the back button to go back to Screen 1. Currently I use multiple versions of Screen 2 for the same (each being accessed by only one screen so that I can 'back' into it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The things I love about Marvel (and you will, too):

- Great integration with Apple Devices (WatchOS and iOS)

- Wonderful GDrive & Dropbox integration.

- Sketch and Photoshop integration for quick design and prototyping.

- One of the best tools for designers to quickly explain Mobile application design & functionality to PMs, clients, coders, sales people, recruiters, etc.

- Not a single line of code you'll have to write. Drag drop, click, tap functionality.

- Relatively inexpensive.

Since I'm a student, there have been only a few occasions I've used Marvel:

- During my recruitment season. I did many of my design assignments on Marvel. The recruiter perfectly understood the concept. Easier to explain it on a live mobile device.

- During my internship at WIkimedia Foundation, I saw many designers use Marvel. Used it a couple of times too.

- During remote internships. Easier to send the marvel prototype to other person (1000s of miles away) and explain the product over Skype, than, using the screenshare feature of Skype.

- During my classroom assignments. The professors were so impressed with students submitting Marvel prototypes, that they made prototyping mandatory in later assignments. And used them to explain a few things in class too! :)

Marvel review by <span>António P.</span>
António P.

"Perfect workflow and sharing."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to turn Photoshop images into shareable apps. Sharing with clients is very easy.

The mobile apps are great to showcase a prototype and you can even create app shortcuts to send to clients who do not need to install anything on their devices (mobile or desktop), it's great!

What do you dislike?

Needs to have more conditional features on the transitions. Also some extra flexibility on design would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the free tier, it allows freelancers and small agencies to work on a few prototypes without extra costs and without crippling limits. You can easily upgrade later keeping all your work.

Showing clients how the app will work when completed.

Marvel review by <span>Yoseph W.</span>
Yoseph W.

"Great UX for a great UX tool"

What do you like best?

Marvel's prototyping tools are easy to pick up and very user-friendly. From the get-go, you are able to craft beautiful prototypes whether you have design files or not due to Marvel's built-in wire framing tools.

What do you dislike?

More animation on separate elements within marvel would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is still the quickest rapid prototyping tool and does what it does better than anyone else.

Marvel has allowed us to communicate user experiences with clients as easily as sharing a link.

Marvel review by <span>Brittany G.</span>
Brittany G.

"Simple, yet exceptional"

What do you like best?

This software is simple, yet exceptional. It is very straightforward in what it can do. It has created plugin's for sketch to make it relevant to designers. Even though it doesn't have a ton of functionality, it performs well.

What do you dislike?

It isn't very robust. It is only good for simple interaction prototyping with hot spots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very simple and can't prototype microinteractions, but works well for the simple interactions

Software design prototyping.

Marvel review by <span>Luke H.</span>
Luke H.

"Marvel is a great all in one solution for turning my designs into clickable prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a great UI. Its super easy to use and makes prototyping a dream. Unlimited projects for free is a total steal, there is no one else out there who has anything this good for that sorta price. I have used marvel since they first came out on multiple projects, both commercial and personal. It is my goto mobile prototyping tool. I ended up getting my whole design to use it too!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am completely satisfied with marvel. Pricing is great along with the design and features of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you havn't tried marvel prototyping yet, you need to. Marvel is the best mobile prototyping solution I have found yet in my 5 years experience as a UI designer. UX and UI both are great. Marvel is simple and effective to use. I love it and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Keep up the good work marvel!

Simple mobile design solutions for complex problems. My clients love being able to interact with a design that feels like it has already been developed. Its like bringing a photoshop or sketch file to life, for real. Marvel is my goto tool for mobile prototyping and will continue to be.

Marvel review by <span>Jonathan K.</span>
Jonathan K.

"One of the best rapid prototyping tools out there."

What do you like best?

Marvel does exactly what it is advertised to do, and I love that about it. From the very beginning of this product, it claimed to be able to rapidly create interactive prototypes, and it continues to deliver on that promise. Some of my favorite features:

* Free to use as a single user

* Syncs with Dropbox for save -> preview workflows.

* Mobile first approach to UI

* Multiple levels of sample transitions between screens

* Dead simple to use and master

* Uses actual URLs for testing

What do you dislike?

There are other, more powerful prototyping tools out there. If you are looking to create a fully functioning prototype which is comparable to a website, Marvel is simply not for you. That being said, there are some gaps in what Marvel provides that would still fall within its' goal:

* Ability to have horizontal scrolling sections inside a vertically scrolling page

* Nesting pages inside one another without needing to specify a link to another page for basic interactions

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have seen a bug where projects configured on one version of Marvel will not transfer to another, but this is rare and only happened once. I would recommend that you name your pages in a way that enables you to re set up the Marvel prototype quickly.

I have used Marvel both as a freelance and fulltime worker, and it has so many uses. As a freelance UX Designer, it comes in very useful in medium fidelity user testing, especially since you can use an actual web browser to take a look at the prototype. As a fulltime in house developer, I use it for validation of ideas as well as for presentations in an agile workflow.

Marvel review by <span>adam w. j.</span>
adam w. j.

"Marvel is My Go-to Prototyping Service"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. The clean, grey toned design helps me to focus on the prototype I am creating and not the Marvel brand. I think Marvel does a great job of sprinkling in their brand without it becoming intrusive or unsavory. The new user roles feature is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Up until now, I felt the collaboration element to Marvel was lacking. Most of the leading prototype software has pretty robust functionality included that allows entire teams to discuss designs, flows of a project. But with their latest update, Marvel now has a rad user roles, and collaboration element to it that was previously missing. Will have to come up with a new "dislike", now that this has been taken care of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You can do a free trial with I think up to 3 projects. Check it out, it may be more than that!

We use Marvel to create high-level prototypes that we send to clients. This helps us both in the architectural phase, and in the product design phase. In the architectural phase (when we are wireframing, and still piecing together the project at a high-level) we use Marvel to send a sort of "interactive" wireframe sothe client will be able to get a better grasp and alternative experience with their app or website.

In the product design phase, we take our mockups from Photoshop or Sketch and send another Marvel prototype. This is more about the client getting a sense for how the designs work on their devices, rather than making architectural or functionality decisions. Both stages have been imperative in carrying out a successful project.

Marvel review by <span>Alonso L.</span>
Alonso L.

"Marvel is simple, interactive, and gets the job done. "

What do you like best?

Marvel brings the elements necessary to create interactive prototypes with easy to use tools and definable interactions. It is an exceptional platform in its simplicity and is great for mobile and desktop prototyping. It works hand in hand with any graphic design tools, but even more simplified with Sketch. Uploading from Sketch or Dropbox is without a doubt the most seamless aspect, making changes or updates to screens on the fly and in a flash. Sharing your prototype is simple, and can either be shared with a link, embed the prototype on a website, or simply showcase through the mobile app. For mobile and desktop experiences, Marvel has been a mainstay for my prototyping needs.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the application still has some kinks to work out, but Marvel is on its way to improvements. Some interactions are not as clearly separated from other similar interactions, so that can be of a bit of confusion. The interactions are not as robust as some competitors, combined with a lack of enterprise level UI elements, and that holds Marvel back from being a one-stop solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For mobile and desktop prototyping with a small set of microinteractions that are hopefully growing in robustness, and at reasonable rates, Marvel gets the job done well.

It is easy to start building in Marvel for mobile and desktop, especially when starting with sketches or wireframes. One can use mobile photos to capture sketches and upload directly to Marvel using the app or porting from Dropbox. Once a designer jumps into wireframes, and eventually high fidelity mockups, it is easy to replace screens to build an elegant and more robust prototype that evokes a near-finished product experience.

Marvel review by <span>Prateek G.</span>
Prateek G.

"Best and Simple Prototyping Software for Web Developers"

What do you like best?

The Simplicity. It is the most simple to use app and user friendly with extreme power. There are rarely anything which I would not like in this application, from the UI to almost every feature I just love it. I started using this software recently but it really helps you, specially for big projects. Personally I prefer using marvel instead of github while working on web development application. And the image editing tool integrated with the application also comes in handy most of the time, when you want to tweak some minor changes in your image.

The ability to downlad the prototype in different forms is again my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

Its very difficult to dislike anything in this application. One thing I want should have been in this great application is the ability to use it offline. I have also used Justinmind and one thing which I really like about it was the ability to install the application on your personal rig to be able to use it without even internet connection.

Being a free subscriber to marvel gives very very basic features to access.

I work as a freelance web developer and this prototyping software helps me save a lot of time while working on particular project, I can show the client the wire frame of the web application and what it is going to look like once the project is done which helps me to not again work on the project to change the particular things according to the client needs as I have already shown the client what it is going to look like at the end.

Marvel review by <span>Javi P.</span>
Javi P.

"Lowered my prototyping time to a fraction, using Marvel instead of using directly code."

What do you like best?

It's FREE for personal use! I use it for my off-work projects. It has a nice UI and tons of stuff like transitions, gestures, etc... Also, is nice the integration with Sketch, the easy manner that you can create the flow of the app... The collaboration/shareability thing seems nice, although personally I didn't use too much, for my circumstances.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the fact that is a web-based service. Would be cool a desktop version. Concretely, a Mac Version, as is the OS that most designers use. But, I really like pretty much the app as-is now.

I can prototype an app much more quickly than before. Before, I prototype directly by code (I'm a software developer), and animations in code are beautiful, but much more time-consuming than using this service. I can show a prototype of an app to a client in a much more proper way than before

"Marvel-ous "

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy and intuitive for the most part. I can use templates for ideas. There are design options for all kinds of devices. I like how you can copy transitions across all or multiple slides at a time. I like how they offer different options for transition and for action. Like you can hover or click once. I like how I can share the prototype with other people not just so that they can see it but also so that they can work and collaboration can take place. I also like how it offers a free trial so that you can play with it and see if it is something you like. Although, I am unsure what features are available when you pay aside from just being able to do more projects than the two allowed in the free trial.

What do you dislike?

I guess aside from acting as a demo, it doesn't serve other purposes beyond that. Keeping track of all the other pieces can be a bit difficult. I also dislike that you do not have the option to show how it would look if you scroll which is an important feature for our prototype consideration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it. It is awesome. Makes you feel like a designer. Try different things out

We are considering introducing an application, and this is something we can use to begin the conversation. To begin to conceptualize what it would look like

User in Design

"Highly recommended for UI UX designers "

What do you like best?

Great application that does what most apps fail to do. Incredible support for ios

What do you dislike?

Not as versatile when it comes to interactive design like principle and no mac os support. Also, I do not see me using it because Invision has a comprehensive solution available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to use but quite limited. The industry seems to love it mainly because we loved the POP application and incredibly fast prototyping would beat a perfect one on any day. I am still reluctant to use it for long.

Designing prototypes is a very smooth ride if you especially if you are coming from PS or Sketch. But limited, used this when freelancing.

Marvel review by <span>Joe H.</span>
Joe H.

"Marvel App is an on-point piece of software."

What do you like best?

It exists to enable you to bring your product and campaign experiences to life, inside the environments that your clients need to see them.

What do you dislike?

I was an early adopter of the beta program. But, on release of v. 1.0, the pricing structure was a bit flimsy. However, they have sorted that out now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think it's too difficult and too time-consuming to start using Marvel as your rapid prototyping tool, you're really wasting your time.

I have been able to get our clients to sign off on designs in about a quarter of the time it took with our previous processes. Win / Win.

Marvel review by <span>Denise Nicole F.</span>
Denise Nicole F.

"This is my go to ... But it lacks a bit"

What do you like best?

It's quick and doesn't require lots of coding. It gives the ability to make a quick prototype and adjust onsite. This tool is great for testing out in any environment as it is connected to an app. I can make quick changes in a meeting which I have to do often. There are also lots of clever ways to get the prototype pretty functional.

What do you dislike?

Needs animation. Also it's time that users could test prototypes within marvel.. It doesn't really make sense that you have to export the url or embedded rule into some other testing platform.

Understanding the users needs and wants. It's great to see a user find delight in a prototype that they can click through without having to spend time and money on developing it first. Helps with problem solving also.

Marvel review by <span>Sai Charan Tej K.</span>
Sai Charan Tej K.

"Prototyping was never so much fun"

What do you like best?

The ease with which I can build a high-quality prototype in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have the tool also help me with creating mockups from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple solution to meet your prototyping requirements - look no further than Marvel.

Prototypes done via Marvel help me in quickly validating my ideas with customers/prospects. Marvel prototypes are easy to understand for everyone and have resulted in high quality feedback.

Marvel review by <span>Julian N.</span>
Julian N.

"Free and simple"

What do you like best?

Really easy to set up a few click through interfaces and share it. Free plan is generous if you don't need commenting. It works best with straight forward interaction flows. It supports both desktop and mobile just as well. Sharing is done with a private URL that loads perfectly on desktop and mobile.

What do you dislike?

Adding a lot of transitions between each page is tedious. Doesn't allow for complex animation or transitions. Showing multiple interface states quickly becomes unwieldy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great sharing feature, easy for simple click through prototypes. It's great if you only need simple interactions.

A shareable, clickthrough prototype. I would use this in conjunction with Balsamiq, or just screenshot a website, to quickly string together a user flow. It would allow my team to easily understand a user flow in a concrete way.

Marvel review by <span>Riccardo P.</span>
Riccardo P.

"Very good prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

I use Marvel app mainly to share my wireframe and static prototypes with my team.

It has a super simple and intuitive UI, the learning curve is gentle.

The "hotspot" system makes easy to connect the screens of your prototype and probably it works smoother than its competitor Invision app.

Also the "embed" feature allows to share your prototype anywhere, even on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

Don't create responsive prototype (prototype don't fit when resize the window or when switch to retina display).

Animation and transitions are limited, of course it's not the main feature of this tool but i'm expecting in the future to use just one tool to do everything and believe Marvel is on the right patch.

Have chance to share an interactive prototype of the work with my client.

Marvel review by <span>Uri A.</span>
Uri A.

"Smartest tool on earth for mocks and prototypes"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that not only almost any feature you need can be found, it can be found in the exact place where you'd look for it. Their user experience is brilliant.

What do you dislike?

Some minor features like being able to set a click target as 'previous screen' or sticky elements (other than page header and footer)

Prototyping

Marvel review by User

"Marvel App - A Good Alternative to InVision"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to learn and to use. I also like that you can integrate it with Sketch App which makes importing art boards easier. I also like that I can design artboards from Marvel itself.

What do you dislike?

The preview screen tends to be too big sometimes and does not accurately reflect my designs. I would like to see an interview feature where I can share my prototype with a user and see where they clicked on the most.

I am solving how to translate the findings from my user experience research to a user interface that reflects those findings. A benefit I have seen is being able to create an artboard from the website. That way people who do not have Sketch App can contribute to the design process.

Marvel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing Product For Quick Medium Fidelity Prototyping With Easy Collaboration And User Testing."

What do you like best?

One of the key features of Marvel that make me use it is that it is extremely quick when it comes to prototyping. One can create prototypes with clicks and gestures just in few minutes using the easy to use online platform. Also, one can view the prototype on android/iphone and it works just like the real app would work. Other advantage of using Marvel is that it allows for easy collaboration with features like real time commenting that works seamlessly across teams. Other thing where marvel stands out is a comprehensive user testing features which allow you to record gestures, taps, audio and video while a user is interacting with your prototype.

Also, Marvel- Sketch plugin allows you to directly import files from sketch without the trouble to manually uploading it to their server.

What do you dislike?

Although there exist a way to embed prototypes into a webpage, but I guess one of the major thing that one needs as a designer is the ability to record a prototype and export it as a video or a gif, which right is somehow missing in Marvel. Also, often sometimes prototypes lag while interacting it on the the device. Other than this I feel Marvel is a comprehensive tool for designers with low learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a newbie to the world of prototyping than this is the tool to use as it has a very low learning curve with amazing user experience.

I have used Marvel mainly for most of my academic projects, and it has really helped me to quickly prototype while my designs are in my initial phases and get feedback from users, professors and peers. Also, while working in teams it allows us to work collaboratively through easy to use commenting feature.

Marvel review by User in Computer Software

"Quickly and easily create beautiful click-thru prototypes. "

What do you like best?

I love how marvel prototypes look and feel on the desktop view and the mobile view. Unlike other mobile prototyping tools I've used, the preview doesn't feel authentic. But Marvel's prototype makes your app look real! I also love the ability to set sticky headers and and footers on your screens and that you can quickly sketch rough screens and start making your prototype.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Marvel had more options in animating specific parts of the UI. For example, I'd like only some parts of my screen to scroll horizontally. It's still an amazing click-thru prototyping tool though!

Creating quick, click-thru prototypes helps me to better communicate my design ideas to stakeholders and developers. It's much easier to convince others with a visual aid they can experience for themselves.

Marvel review by <span>Chris L.</span>
Chris L.

"Online magic"

What do you like best?

Takes my flat designs extremely well, great for testing, great for transitions, great for various device types, great for teams. Users often think these are the real thing.

What do you dislike?

Has the occasional quirk in navigation & with embedded images fro Dropbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel has a lot to explore, but is very easy to use. Have fun with it! There are some real cool demos that show what's possible out there.

We need to test almost final designs with real users to imitate the real thing to validate these things we build work. These are so close to the real thing users have no idea they aren't. They make doing an HTML prototype of the design items mostly unnecessary.

User in Design

"Incredibly Useful for User Flow Analysis"

What do you like best?

I love the ease with which I can create mockups in Marvel. Uploading my images is quick, and creating hotspots couldn't get any easier. The results always impress my clients, and prove useful in early user experience and design iterations.

What do you dislike?

I do wish I had one or two more projects I was able to create and save without having to pay for the premium version. I also wish there was a way to create better overlay effects, or swipes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other services, I think Marvel is much easier to use. Plus, if you're using it for user flow solutions, it doesn't take much time to cram out the prototypes, thereby allowing you to focus more on ux/ui solutions.

With Marvel I'm apply to create prototypes from initial wireframes to more finalized designs. It's helped me fix errors or unnecessary features/screens within my user flows.

Marvel review by User in Computer Software

"Love the design and using Marvel and how it is compatible with iOS, Android, iWatch, etc "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and beautifully designed! So easy for me to find where all the functions are and how to make the design somewhat realistic. I don't download images form PSD or DropBox I mainly use Sketch3 so its super helpful to be able to drop in images from there. ALSO love that you can download a GIF which InVision does not let me do.

What do you dislike?

I would like more realistic transitions so that I do not have to download a gif all the time. Mobile design is moving towards the usage of cards and sectioned areas that you can swipe through or delete etc. It would be nice to be able to section off certain areas in the design and drop in a small card to be switched out with that card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now we are using InVision and Marvel testing both out to see what is better. I do love Marvel but it is hard when everyone is used to hearing about InVision and how it is the "company prototyping standard" when Marvel is such a great product and better designed then InVision.

Invest in some advertisement in Silicon Valley!

The benefit of seeing the prototype across many platforms and being able to share it with users easily is great!

Marvel review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"I used marvel for a short period of time while working in a startup environment."

What do you like best?

Instead of just adding hotspots on top of visual compositions, the user is introduced to a web editing interface with marvel where they can edit things like transitions. Sharing with your team members is easy as it provides shortened links off the bat.

What do you dislike?

While it does support dropbox syncing, and it's quick, the options are fairly limited. Screens have to be manually imported, doesn't automatically sync to document like InVision. Also not ideal for teams (yet), as there is no way to directly comment on the prototype. The creator can make comments on certain areas but no opportunity yet for team collaboration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would vouch for a product like Invision if trying to find a prototyping tool. Marvel does what it needs to do but is fairly limited.

I was introduced to Marvel when a UX designer needed to get his boxes and arrows over to me to add another visual layer. While the prototype was not meant to be high fidelity, Marvel was a quick way for him to get his designs over to me.

Marvel review by User in Computer Software

"Using marvel to create prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel is a Sketch 3 (Bohemian) plugin that enables to export the artboards in sketch to the Marvel web app in real time and work on connecting artboards to create interactive prototypes. It is awesome since you don't have to manually copy paste and make changes and keep up with two different tools to create a final product.

What do you dislike?

I wish Marvel could create prototypes inside of sketch itself and mitigate the need of two work spaces. Its hard to get creative with tools like Marvel for innovative designs as a lot of time I spend goes in to discovering how to bring my idea to life using the tool instead of the tool surprising me with some new interactions.

Like any other prototyping tool, I use this to showcase my design to stakeholders in the project and that way get sign offs. It helps stakeholders who are not necessarily from design background and do not understand raw sketches or wireframes to understand the idea better.

Marvel review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

"Simple, straightforward and fast"

What do you like best?

I've only used the app, but it's great for testing interaction on mobile if I'm blowing through some quick ideas.

What do you dislike?

It's not as robust as others, but that's a nitpick since I don't use it for detailed prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not a particularly robust option for me, but it does quick mockups really well and that's why I use it. It's essentially a quick sketchpad for testing interactions, but beyond that I move to other apps.

It helps with

Marvel review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Good tool for quick prototypes"

What do you like best?

It's simple, intuitive, and includes a built-in design tool. Easy to share prototypes and good integration with Sketch.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to implement GIFs. The interactions are sometimes too basic, and it's not possible to put more than one trigger on a hotspot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quick and simple and the learning curve is literally inexistent, but very basic at capabilities. If you want to create a more complex prototype, it's time to look at other tools.

Fast to create mobile prototypes and test them on a mobile phone.

Marvel review by User in Internet

"Marvel is a great prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Marvel covers lots of bases for prototyping apps really well. They support creating clickable areas, nice animations, and can even utilize files from a Dropbox account, making updating really seamless.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can think of that I dislike about this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is not only great in it's current incarnation, but I've watched it grow tremendously over the last year... it really seems like they people behind it are earnestly working hard on it, adding features regularly, and pushing to make it better than it's competitors. I highly recommend it.

Marvel lets me quickly organize interfaces into an interactive demo of a website or app. It helps to communicate to clients and others with a stake in the project what my ideas are with more authority than I otherwise would be able to, which saves me tons of work in the long run.

Marvel review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Convenient prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Marvel is a convenient prototyping tool for large and small business. I started using Marvel since I was in graduate school for academic projects. Then I brought it to my work. When I introduced Marvel to a startup company where they didn't have any UX designer in house, Marvel was liked by the team immediately. The coolest is how easy it is to set up an account for free. Also, it is easy to learn, build prototypes and share with team members.

What do you dislike?

The ease of use also can be a disadvantage of Marvel. Comparing to some other prototyping tools, maybe Marvel can develop more features to support sophisticated in-page animations and cross-page transitions. Current features only support minimum animations and transitions. Designers who don't code choose prototyping tool like Marvel for saving time on coding but also would love to be able to present ideas on motion design like animation and transitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is a great choice for large and small business. It doesn't matter if you are experience at prototyping of not because it is so easy to get start!

In the startup company I worked for this year, we used Marvel to build prototype of e-commerce website and mobile app for usability testing. The prototype was not in large scope so Marvel was a good choice for it. We made design in Sketch app and imported images into Marvel. It was great to present design (especially screen flow) and get feedback internally and externally.

Marvel review by <span>Maria Emilia R.</span>
Maria Emilia R.

"Excellent!! Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Is very easy to use. You dont have to be an expert to know how it work!

What do you dislike?

nothing relevant. I used it for a personal project and everything went as expected!

We needed to show how was the operation of an app. It was very easy to do it with Marvel

Marvel review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Quick and Simple"

What do you like best?

No learning curve per say. Very quick to run up some mockups for testing. Intuitive and easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

Limited compared to some of the other competing software/apps...but they come with a steeper learning curve and are more time consuming. I guess it all depends on what fidelity of prototype you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really depends what you want but Marvel is great for fast, click-through, prototypes for customer development / testing.

We were using Marvel for customer development of our signup flows. Due to our industry our flows are huge - which of course has high drop-off - so, we have to constantly refine and test.

Marvel review by <span>Michał D.</span>
Michał D.

"Marvel saved my life "

What do you like best?

Design and UI. Look at inVision. Which looks better or which of them real designers will be choose? :D

What do you dislike?

I dislike when I have to copy hotpoint to another dashboard. I have to clicked to every single artboard and duplicate it. I prefere use "select all" option

I think that you have to more coworking with Sketch App Corp. becouse look at inV, they don't have official support, but thers looks like they have it.

Marvel review by <span>Jason P.</span>
Jason P.

"Marvel for the win"

What do you like best?

KISS... KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID! Easy to use right outta the gate and when things move fast, marvel always comes out on top

What do you dislike?

Better control over animations. This would closer step to more realistic mobile prototype

Allows me the ability to produce super fast prototypes that we can test and validate before we push to our dev teams. This speed helps us to be more proficient and create meaningful KPIs for us as a small and growing start up

Marvel review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

"Fantastic product for team wide prototyping organization"

What do you like best?

The easy to use, intuitive interface. It's fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Very little. I wish it had more powerful controls though such as animation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I highly recommend it!

We prototype enterprise and small level applications. It aids our workflow perfectly.

"The Marvel Experience"

What do you like best?

I love that Marvel includes free printable templates for paper sketching which is so important. It's easy to print out templates, sketch, and then upload those paper sketches into a workable lo-fi prototype.

What do you dislike?

I think that Marvel could add more movement options and create a smoother flow for all types of apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Marvel is a wonderful platform to experiment with lo-fi design sketches, especially paper sketching. You can easily upload images and create interactions in a user-friendly way.

Throughout my own experience, I've used Marvel to prototype apps for eCommerce, political information, and other projects. Marvel helps me with initial paper sketches to get a feel for what users understand and how they experience the base-level of my designs.

Marvel review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Marvel is a good free option for prototyping "

What do you like best?

The program is very intuitive so there is only a small learning curve when using.

What do you dislike?

When I download the screens to my desktop it changes the names of the files so it gets confusing which screen is which, especially when I have a lot of screens in a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best free prototyping tool out there from what I have experienced.

Allows us to better visualize user flow and button actions to our tech team, designers and project managers.

Marvel review by <span>Enrico C.</span>
Enrico C.

"Great alternative to Invision"

What do you like best?

Overall I like the design of Marvelapp and the speed with which this small team develops new features.

I also like the design feature to make quick wireframe.

What do you dislike?

I'll like to have comments in the iOS app too and the design feature can improve a lot.

With the design feature I can make quick wireframe even in the airplane in offline mode.

Marvel review by <span>Fred R.</span>
Fred R.

"Marvel Review"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and great for mocking up a user's journey through the app. I make the mockups in Photoshop and then link them together to share with team members/ product managers, users, etc.

What do you dislike?

It's a little light on functionality compared to some of the others, namely animation and customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for showing simple mobile interactions.

I'm using Marvel to mostly prototype a new mobile product. I've used this before on a redesign and it worked out great.

Marvel review by <span>Adam B.</span>
Adam B.

"Simple workflow building with great integration with Sketch"

What do you like best?

I love that it does not break my workflow to go from designing in Sketch to prototyping and that the tool isn't over engineered.

What do you dislike?

After sending to Marvel I find updating the content of my art boards a little frustrating.

We build and invest in startups, we need to be able to quickly and effectively communicate our thoughts to the client. This tool allows us to update so quickly that we can work with it during those vital eraly meetings

Marvel review by <span>Diego C.</span>
Diego C.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use sketch plugin, best price than competitors

What do you dislike?

Maybe more fratures to anímate screens and elements

Better understanding between customer and designers

Marvel review by <span>Fabricio K.</span>
Fabricio K.

"Fast and easy prototyping"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and easy to use that results in a very fast prototyping.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface should help users to foreseen the result interface with the toolbars of the web browser on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very easy to use and fast prototyping tool. There are some finishing limitations but it's enough to see everything up and running.

Prototyping for testing and validation before coding saves time and a lot of money.

User in Design

"Simple Image Collection and Prototype creation"

What do you like best?

The software is extremely easy to use, connects via the internet, and allows me to create simple prototypes with ease. I like that I can easily share and communicate ideas with Marvel. I also really appreciate being able to place marvel apps on my website to show some of my work.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't enough to the software to create much more than a very simple product. I find making interactions on top of images, isn't really the way my brain works, so I sometimes spend some time trying to determine what I need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is great for people who spend most of their time working on visual design. The prototypes are not nearly as strong as other softwares allow, but for someone working in a web to mobile or mobile to web environment this software certainly has its benefits. The simplicity is nice for moving quickly from one design to another, and the paid plans give you some really interesting features. Unfortunately I have never used a paid plan so I cannot comment to their strengths and weaknesses.

It makes building prototypes very simple which in turn means I can more easily communicate to my client what I am making and designing. I have found the ability to share comments with each other extremely beneficial to communication as well.

Marvel review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"An easy-to-use prototyping software"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a very low barrier of entry. It offers simple features that accurately emulates how one would interact with your app. It can do simple animations, like a page wipe, or more complex ones, like long presses. You are also able to share your mockup with collaborators with just a click of a button, which you can view on web and mobile. It offers a pluggin that allows you to connect with Sketch so you can easily update your project.

What do you dislike?

While there isn't much I can say Marvel does wrong, I will say that it is almost too simple. Like I said, it is easy to use and it do simple animations with little resistance. However, if I wanted to show a more powerful or complex animation/interaction, I might want to consider using something else.

Time would be the biggest problem that Marvel solves. Because it is easy to use, I can create a prototype in a matter of seconds, and someone on the other end can interact with it easily as well. Not having to explain how to use the software before showing my design is a huge plus.

Marvel review by User in Computer Software

"More intuitive version of InVision "

What do you like best?

For a simple clickable prototype, the user experience is superior to that of InVision. It's incredibly easy to create hotspots, link them, and mass edit hotspots. The accompanying mobile app is also really snappy.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike - but unlike InVision, Marvel does not offer as many other products and features.

Creating clickable prototypes is extremely fast and easy.

Marvel review by <span>Frankie L.</span>
Frankie L.

"Simple, Easy and Quick. Still needs improvement."

What do you like best?

It's super easy to upload and share. Nothing fancy, but it's a great alternative to Invision. My favorite feature they offer is the Replace image / screen thus preserving the URL and sequence.

What do you dislike?

Their hotspot tool is obscure, hidden and very clunky. It's cool to copy across many screens, but that's about it. It lacks undo and redo and is very frustrating to edit hotspot areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's ok, but I think UXPin s better.

Quick feature flows. We need to share wireframes and comps constantly across execs and stakeholders in different countries. We use this tool because it also has pretty good Sketch and Photoshop plugin / integration.

Marvel review by Agency
Agency

"Great Prototyping App"

What do you like best?

Easy and clear interface, not overloaded with lot off settings.

What do you dislike?

No special dislikes, i would like to see on the dashboard first the folders not all projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel will help your company creating better prototypes with ease. That bring you/your company to another level and being more professional.

I use Marvel for Prototyping, Mockups, Presentations

Marvel review by <span>Stanley V.</span>
Stanley V.

"Prototyping is excellent"

What do you like best?

Easy integration, ever evolving features

What do you dislike?

Lack of editing capabilities within platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it an honest try and patience, they are working constantly to improve the experience and take user feedback seriously.

Using it for large teams that are scattered across the globe remotely, brings unity and streamlines the process.

Marvel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy desktop click thru prototype"

What do you like best?

The minimal interface is easy to use. When I need a quick prototype, I go to Marvel because it is easy to view all screens at once versus Invision.

There should be a multiple select though to delete screens.

What do you dislike?

That links break once the project is duplicated. There should be improved collaboration for teams like copying the project (to retain the integrity of the original project). And links should remain the same of the art board names have not changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for quick prototyping

I am solving desktop design UX problems.

The benefit is that it is fast to learn and easy to use.

Marvel review by <span>Alexander D.</span>
Alexander D.

"Great learnability and one of the best responsive prototyping tools around"

What do you like best?

Simple to use

Great Sketch plugin

Free version is great, paid version is reasonably priced with some great features

Prototypes are responsive

What do you dislike?

You have to add a bit to the URL to stop iOS prototypes promoting to add to homepage

Faster prototyping allows us to be agiler

Marvel review by <span>Julie H.</span>
Julie H.

"quick and easy for page-based prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel is quick and easy to use for creating page-based prototypes.

What do you dislike?

This is not a layer based prototyping tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a page-based prototyping tool. I recommend to look elsewhere if you're looking for detailed animations.

Showing the page by page connections across different teams.

Marvel review by User

"The best way to sell your idea"

What do you like best?

One of the best features about Marvel, it's the Web based view of the prototype, that you can send to the client, so they can preview the design, and a basic interaction in the mobile or in desktop, even sometimes my clients believes that the product it's finished (NOT).

What do you dislike?

Maybe the dependance of the browser sometimes make the performance not so fast as expected.

Making prototypes, and giving a little life to designs so the client can see a more complete product, while this is being coded.

Marvel review by <span>Jonathan F.</span>
Jonathan F.

"Great for app developers"

What do you like best?

Great UI - easy to use, flexible, and fast.

What do you dislike?

Wish they had a native app - as good as it is on browsers, there will always be limitations there.

It has helped us quickly create dynamic, interactive prototypes for our apps

Marvel review by <span>Anushka G.</span>
Anushka G.

"Marvel"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use. I got use to software very easily. Really good tool for beginners

What do you dislike?

The User Interface could be little better. Some quick shortcuts and features can be added

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend marvel over competitors websites

I am prototyping apps and creating wireframes

Marvel review by <span>Mayra V.</span>
Mayra V.

"Great for quick prototyping"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to create hotspots and simple interactions. Has decent options of animations if you want something simple. The sketch integration is neat.

What do you dislike?

Well, it's aimed to quick prototyping, so sometimes it's too simple.

Quick prototyping to show flows.

Marvel review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Marvel is a good free product for interactive interface production."

What do you like best?

It's free and it's easy to learn. I used it for two of my projects, and they are both mobile apps, so I can view it on my phone and conduct usability test.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice, cheap, and easy.

I'm making hi-fi interactive prototype.

Marvel review by Agency in Graphic Design
Agency in Graphic Design

"Great product, focused on just the right features"

What do you like best?

Just the right fidelity for our testing needs, without tools, or features I don't need.

What do you dislike?

Importing from other tools like Sketch, can take a little bit of finagling to get everything to play well together.

Usability feedback sessions for application prototyping. Great to have before front end development begins in earnest.

Marvel review by <span>Tim D.</span>
Tim D.

"Real Neat"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and speed to build a working prototype to show the basics of a design

What do you dislike?

The limited transitions and effects. No overlay feature unfortunately

The need to simplify layouts and structure of content

Marvel review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for building quick prototypes of your mocks"

What do you like best?

Marvel is really easy to learn/use and has a clean interface.

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat limited in the types of interaction you can demonstrate.

We use Marvel to show prototypes of sites to clients and allowed us to better speak to the features and functionality we've designed.

"It's great! "

What do you like best?

I like how they give you free projects to showcase your prototype.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that not allows simultaneous sharing screen with the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a perfect tool for prototyping. It's easier to understand and visual appealing.

Show how the UX thinking with my client.

Marvel review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Marvel helps imagine the execution of an idea"

What do you like best?

Marvel is easy to integrate into my design process, from sending artboards over from Sketch to sharing progress with clients.

What do you dislike?

Marvel can take prototypes into the uncanny valley zone. Clients often assume that the result should work like an actual application. I would ideally like to add obvious signposting to the flows created in Marvel to help articulate its use to clients.

I started off using Marvel to easily show application prototypes and flows to clients. I have found on a number of occasions now that clients are then using the produced prototype as a sales tool to get register interest or even bring in further finance.

Marvel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Beautiful prototyping and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Great features to collaborate with workmate and other tim members!

What do you dislike?

Has no local app, web based and need internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really nice and beautiful app, give it a try.

Prototype and collaboration.

User in Design

"The simple tool that will make your work super fast"

What do you like best?

I'm using marvel since they launched.

They oriented on simplicity which is so important when you need to deploy fast results to clients.

What do you dislike?

On complicated projects the tool is not enough to achieve good prototype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open an account, this is the fastest prototyping tool for all those moments when you need to make super fast prototype.

This allows me as a designer to prototype the design as a real product.

To manage design changes and still keep track on the prototype.

Marvel review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use prototyping tool."

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive and easy to use. Uploading screenshots is also easy to figure out.

What do you dislike?

The only interaction is click hot spots. I would like to see more transition such as fading, sliding, etc.

Fast click through prototyping.

Marvel review by Administrator

"Awesome feature and very helpful"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand the work flow as they provide you tutorial video for using the app.

What do you dislike?

not yet , still to find . i.m liking the app

App flow

Marvel review by User in Internet

"A great prototyping and collaboration tool!"

What do you like best?

I really like Marvel's design, prototyping and collaboration features. It's the perfect design workflow for teams, because it hast the 3 steps integrated in a single application. I also like that it's really easy to integrate with Sketch.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to copy and paste hotspots.

Looking for a way to improve our design workflow and increase our productivity.

Marvel review by <span>Kimia M.</span>
Kimia M.

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

I like the UI. Easy to work with. Engaging and clean

What do you dislike?

Have not come up with sth i don't like yet

Prototyping for User Testing

Marvel review by <span>Lucy M.</span>
Lucy M.

"So easy, like magic"

What do you like best?

Marvel makes prototyping super easy, with click to drag hotspots and interactions without a piece of code.

What do you dislike?

Not suitable for advanced interactions..

Quickly prototype visual ideas to share with engineer team and conduct usability validation/research.

Marvel review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Great Application!"

What do you like best?

It's extremely simple to use. What I love about it is that its easy to integrate other applications I often use, such as Photoshop and Sketch. Easy to back things up with Dropbox. Also, as someone who likes to sketch on paper first, I love that they kept that in mind since I can upload all those sketches directly into the app! Great for overall prototyping and has an option for collaboration with others.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't have anything I dislike about Marvel.

Having this tools makes the work flow easy.

"Marvelapp review"

What do you like best?

quick learning curve

create prototypes quickly

visually link screens rather than using drop down menu

sync files with Dropbox, but must manually add screen initially

editing and view prototype on mobile app

hotspot indicators on mobile device

What do you dislike?

transitions and animations are limited

does not resize to fit prototype in viewport for web viewer

Creating quick prototype and share with clients and internal teams. It's simple and intuitive.

"Super easy to use"

What do you like best?

I used marvel to teach 5th - 8th graders how they can easily protype a mobile app. Marvel made it run smoothly!

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I disliked about Marvel. Everything worked great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth checking out since you an get a free account.

Marvel allowed us a free tool to inspire younger children and gain interest in tech.

Learning about Marvel?

* We monitor all Marvel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.