Marvel

Design and Prototyping for everyone. No coding required. Sign up free!

Work for Marvel?

Learning about Marvel?

Marvel Reviews

Ask Marvel a Question
Showing 122 Marvel reviews
Marvel review by Maxine F.
Maxine F.

"Marvel makes me happy!"

What do you like best?

MarvelApp is really easy to use. Creating a prototype is very simple and fast. It's even easier with the Sketch plugin. I like the fact that when you draw a hotspot and select the destination screen, the transitions list appears and you can preview the animation. It's not much, but very appreciated, especially when you're prototyping an 50 screens app!

We also like the community and the support. People at Marvel have always been reactive.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be great to be able to separate spaces, like in Zeplin for example, we can put a title for a selection of screens. It is very convenient for big projects. Sometimes the grid can be very long and it's not always easy to find the screen you're looking for. This way, I could have the same groups in Sketch, Marvel and Zeplin (if not already using Handoff)

And also, before, we had the possibility to change the device's color. It was very useful for presentations for example. It would be great to have another device : tablets with 16/9 screens. Actually, we use the "Website/TV" resolution and when we watch the prototype on that kind of tablet, we can not turn the device into landscape mode, so the tests are not really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate!

Clients can imagine themselves or their users using the app. It's very important for them to download the prototype on their phone, if the project is an app for example. They can navigate between screens and they communicate more easily with us!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Marvel
Marvel review by Teresa S.
Teresa S.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is that this software can be used online and also has an app to use on the go. This makes it easy to make any changes you need to make wherever you are. This is a very easy straightforward simple app to use to get started and familiar with prototyping.

I also love that you can keep your files organized in Dropbox and whenever you make changes to those files they will automatically sync and update in marvel which saves a lot of time deleting files,adding files, and re doing all of your hotspots.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I want more animations on how a real site or mobile app would work with different objects scrolling in at different times or parallaxing objects.

You only get a maximum of two opened projects to work on with the free plan. I’m not quite sure if I am willing to move forward with this software in paying $16 for a premium plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a staple product to have say if you are a student as was I when I first using Marvel to prototype mobile apps for my school projects.

This basically helps to see if your initial designs will work and what changes need to be made moving forward with the design and layout process.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

Marvel review by Anais O.
Anais O.

"#MarvelAppLover"

What do you like best?

I love marvel, he has been with me since I started in the user experience, the platform is super intuitive and easy, I can interact with my colleagues in real time, I can edit my designs and fix details quickly. Now with the new API they have, I loved them more! they have integrated a bot, they allied with Smartmockups where I am also a fan and many other things, with Marvel I can have prototypes of the highest fidelity in a super easy and fun way and if I do not understand or have difficulties in something, there is the team of Support to support me always.

What do you dislike?

Thats my membership expired hehe, being serious

maybe a better quality of my photos when I upload them to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried several tools for prototyping and I recommend Marvel for being easy, intuitive, friendly and reliable.

Marvel is one of my main work tools, they accompany me at the end of my designs, when I need to prototype and have presentations with them, also in my communication with stakeholders and front-end developers with whom I am in constant communication.

Marvel review by Rafael C.
Rafael C.

"Fast, easy and better prototype tool!"

What do you like best?

Marvel it's powerful and simple to work. I can expor all my artboards just with one click and make user flow navigation on website without problems. If I need update a screen, abracadabra and voilà, its done! I love have the prototype in man hands with the app from Marvel. I can show for everyone my app on Marvel and most of them think that is the fact an application, not only a prototype. It's really nice get this feedback. It's pretty cool to embed my prototype on my website.

What do you dislike?

It will be perfect if I could record navigation on Marvel App and make all the flow process making hiperlinks directly on Sketch App. This way, we can go faster than ever prototyping all the apps and make flows on Sketch App ambience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Marvel and your prototypes will flying! Fast, easy and better prototyping tool!

Fast prototyping and show all flow navigation for my sponsor the final results of application before start the development. I don't know how many times Marvel help me to make good presentations, just opening my project on Marvel website.

Marvel review by Samuel S.
Samuel S.

"A better tool than Invision"

What do you like best?

This Invision competitor is a lot better in my opinion. I think their consistent updates and improvements are right on target, their support is ultra responsive, and the tool just works great. I got into Marvel because of the mobile app "Pop" that they acquired. I love that mobile app. It allows you to put hotspots over pictures (white board or paper drawings) to create nifty prototypes in no time at all. I love the ability to use the application from the very beginning of the design process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't know if there's anything I don't love. Sure their sketch plugin could be beefier I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd skip Invision and just go straight for Marvel. They seem to be a more empathetic and considerate company.

Mobile prototyping. Quick mockups. User testing. The main benefit is how quickly you can get up and running with this application. I'd say my speed to clickable prototype using marvel vs. invision is a huge win for this app and for my team.

Marvel review by Anna Maria B.
Anna Maria B.

"You can depend on this one."

What do you like best?

We moved to Marvel from InV and it was such a relief to finally have fast, stable tool we could rely on. It's efficient, with handoff working perfectly. Support team responding fast; unlike in InV., if any problem or request appears they actually work on solving it for us as fast as they can, instead of just pushing for new features being released & leaving buggy product behind with no intention to fix it any time soon. Yet, when the new features are being introduced, they are well tested, and stable.

Simple, intuitive, just great!

What do you dislike?

Again, We are happy with having a bit less if that means we will have reliable product that will not fail us. There are some features we are missing, like section in the project, or possibility to prototype in sketch directly, but It's nothing that would hold us back from using it. We found our ways around it :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care for good quality & reliable product, as well as great, responsive and efficient support – this is the one.

We are working on new product, and since our team is growing fast we need a tool to synchronize different teams, prototype, and keep all the discussions and feedback in one place.

Marvel review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"Great app for making mobile app design and prototype highly recommended"

What do you like best?

Marvel app is one of the best app for designing mobile apps and prototyping. I like the user experience and user interface of this app. It's a problem-solving app before marvel app I used to send emails to my client to look at the design, but now I simply put my designs in marvel app and make the prototype like working app. The animations and scrolling effects are fantastic in Marvel App, Thank You Marvel App Team for giving us such a wonderful app.

What do you dislike?

I don't think, in my experience, there is no thing that I dislike. If you add more tools in design app prototype section that would be great. Otherwise, you are great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app, those who are mobile app designers you should check it out once. You'll love it.

Marvel App has solved my many problems like quick designing of an app prototype even when you are not in your office, or showing the design of an app to the client in the best way. One of the best product for prototyping.

Marvel review by Alexa F.
Alexa F.

"Very simple to use, great way to map out the functions of a developing app"

What do you like best?

I used this software for a group project to develop the logistics and wireframe of an app. We tried multiple applications but Marvel ultimately worked best for us because it allowed us to add functioning hotspots on top of the design so people helping us with the prototyping could actually use the app rather than just look at it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I didn't like (in our case of using it) was the way the hotspots worked. Rather than just clicking them like you would buttons, anytime you clicked the screen, anywhere where there was a hotspot flashed blue. This moderately took away from the realness of the app while prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It's free and very simple to use; worked great for our purposes, and was perfect to use in a small time frame.

Even though there were a few things we didn't love about the application, it worked really well for us in offering a replica of what our planned app would look like. We were able to work out the bugs of what people liked and didn't like while prototyping, without having to devote the time to build out the entire app and then scrap parts of it.

Marvel review by Valeska M.
Valeska M.

"Great tool! "

What do you like best?

I love how it is super easy to learn. I had an emergency: I had just a few hours to present a functional prototype to show the users and stakeholders. I decided to test Marvel, and I was able to finished my first prototype super fast and it saved me a lot of time!

I also like how I can use it on my mobile as well.

What do you dislike?

It could have some more interaction presets, like drag and drop. I use Marvel more for mobile interaction, but I needed to try a new function in a web app and was not able to perform it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try it because it's super easy and the interface is friendly.

I need to prototype ideas fast to test with users and/or test new ideas to improve other products (mine and others, just to study) and Marvel is solving it very well.

In a few hours, I have a functional prototype ready to go.

Marvel review by Roland S.
Roland S.

"Easy to use Prototyping tool ~ Marvel"

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel is that it is free to use. You can easily design a prototype by uploading your visual designs and adding interactions and gestures. If you update your design, you can easily sync or upload your design and the changes will appear automatically.

What do you dislike?

You're not able to really duplicate you hotspots from one design to the other. Also, you can't really add a drop-down menu, and it is missing some gesture actions to make the prototype more realistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is a great app to prototype and see you live on your desktop or phone, Best of all is that it is free!!

Marvel allows our clients to see their mobile app in action to make improvements fast without investing a lot of time.

Marvel review by User in Internet

"Switching from InVision"

What do you like best?

So intuitive. It is quite robust while still feeling light and playful. I was able to dive in and feel like a pro within minutes. With a bit of practice, the Layers tool can be quite useful for demonstrating motion and micro-interactions, something that is quite hacky or difficult in other applications. The ability to easily sync with Sketch and update artboards on the fly was great as well. Handoff seems to be superior to InVision's Inspect as well.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to prototype multiple devices within the same project, although I believe "Sections" may be handling this in the near future.

We are looking for a comprehensive tool that can be used by our design team, product owners, and development team. Marvel succeeds in appealing to all three groups. The design team found it faster and more intuitive than InVision, the embedded design tool allows Product owners to quickly mock up wireframes if need be, and our developers love Handoff.

Marvel review by Shawn W.
Shawn W.

"Quick low fidelity prototype"

What do you like best?

You can easily link sketched screens into an active prototype. This ability encourages quick testing & iterations for a swifter development process. I've previously used to discuss design solutions and share iterations with cross-functional teams. It was especially helpful when time is limited. Aside from that, The interface is relatively easy to use. Everything is straightforward. I do wish that there were more animation options (a similar issue that I ran into while using POP).

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what happened but my Marvel app does not work anymore. I see the splash screen for a second and then and brought back to my home screen. Besides the fact that it doesn't load anymore, not much. An update is needed and because of that I haven't returned to this app since my trial phase used in one of my previous projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like POP, Marvel is in a good direction. They excel in quick prototyping which makes it a great product for user testing or quick feedbacks from team & stakeholders. They could improve on their sharing capabilities. That would allow others to share feedbacks.

Same problem as the one I'm solving through InVision but faster. I am hoping to quickly draft ideas & prototype through Marvel as opposed to creating near perfect wireframes on InVision. Solves the same problem but focuses on a different medium, mobile. As opposed to InVision, Marvel allows me to sketch and put together a quick prototype that can be used for discussions. This saves time & money that could be otherwise spent on other activities or projects.

Marvel review by Hanna S.
Hanna S.

"Smooth flow and very intuitive usage"

What do you like best?

I was looking for an easy accessible tool and found it :) The drag and drop functionality for artboards is very cool and I like as well the zoom feature on the project dashboard to generate a perfect overview about the uploaded artboards.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I missed it, but i don't know how to leave a project made by another person.

I was looking for a tool, which helps me to present prototypes and user flows without access and commenting restrictions and has a low learning curve for the usage when I share the designs with other people.

I really like the feature to send the prototype via SMS to the stakeholders.

Marvel review by Sonia B.
Sonia B.

"Wonderful mockup tool for high fidelity prototyping"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a very simple User Interface, and has many bells and whistles that make the prototype look very professional. For designers who are building a portfolio, it's wonderful that you can embed prototypes into any website.

What do you dislike?

Marvel doesn't allow for micro interactions, so it is hard to prototype more complex apps with complete accuracy.

Marvel is a quick and easy way to show clients the closest thing to a working version of their product. I also like how you can have more than one project at a time whereas in InVision, you can only have one project before you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Now that Marvel syncs with Sketch, it's a perfect substitute for InVision for Entrepreneurs who are strapped for cash!

Marvel review by Franck v.
Franck v.

"Easy and quick in use! "

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel to me is how low the learning curve is. You can jump in and directly start with prototyping. Next to that Marvel is way faster in use then it's competitors. I can easily make a good looking prototype in a short period to give my clients an idea of the end result.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about Marvel, I only use Marvel for shorter projects or single functions and always had positive experiences with Marvel. You're doing great!!

Marvel helps me to prototype designs for my clients. It is really easy and quick in use which helps me to make quick prototypes to show to my clients.

Marvel review by Vladimir E.
Vladimir E.

"Quick and intuitive - a marvellous prototyping solution"

What do you like best?

It's trully amazing how quick and easy it is working with Marvel since day one. Creating a simple prototype is a matter of minutes, developing complex demonstrations is also a breeze compared to similar solutions on the market. My personal favorite feature is the Marvel plugin for Sketch which allows for direct export of screens and iterations.

What do you dislike?

Recently started noticing that having lots of active projects slows down the initial load of your projects list. I also have difficulties when working on more complex demonstrations of fixed headers and footers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend including Marvel into a short list for consideration when choosing prototyping software.

The main benefit from working with Marvel is the ability to quickly demonstrate to clients a working image of their final project.

Marvel review by Alyssa P.
Alyssa P.

"Great for quick prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel is a great program for building quick prototypes. The interface is quite simple to use and it does not take long to learn the basics. I love how neat and clean the final product is and am happy to share my work with clients – not always the case with a third party software.

What do you dislike?

The system gets cumbersome when working with large or complex prototypes. I would love to see a folder system for organizing pngs, so that I don't have to scroll through the incredibly long list to choose the next screen. I would also love to see better duplication of hotspots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Marvel is a great tool for creating simple prototypes. I love the way that it integrates with sketch. The only drawback is when you start building large or complex prototypes – managing a ton of screens can be a pain (would be nice if there was some sort of folder system). Otherwise, great tool. The commenting and hotspot features are awesome.

I love that I can easily show my clients a realistic view of the screens and flows for their applications.

Marvel review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Great tool for prototyping"

What do you like best?

How easy and fast it is to build and share prototypes, better than InVision. I try it both and I prefer Marvel. It's more simple, efficient and there're no tools or features I don't need. I really like the navigation and all the UI details in the app. The way you can duplicate links on different screens is better than the templates in Invision. A great tool!

What do you dislike?

Would like to have an better navigation for the comments. It's quite difficult to switch between the differents comments on one of my project. But nothing alarming.

Usability feedback sessions for application prototyping.

Marvel review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Marvel App is an on-point piece of software."

What do you like best?

It exists to enable you to bring your product and campaign experiences to life, inside the environments that your clients need to see them.

What do you dislike?

I was an early adopter of the beta program. But, on release of v. 1.0, the pricing structure was a bit flimsy. However, they have sorted that out now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think it's too difficult and too time-consuming to start using Marvel as your rapid prototyping tool, you're really wasting your time.

I have been able to get our clients to sign off on designs in about a quarter of the time it took with our previous processes. Win / Win.

Marvel review by Damien L.
Damien L.

"Le meilleur outil de prototyping du marché"

What do you like best?

Ce que j'ai le plus apprécié c'est la facilité d'usage et les larges palettes d'outils et paramètres offertes. J'étais passé sur InVision depuis un an et demi mais il m'a semblé évident de retourner sur Marvel App tant je préfère (subjectivement) l'usage de cet outil.

What do you dislike?

Le module de conception est encore loin de produits comme Sketch dont c'est le fond de commerce, mais c'est un bon début et cela doit être utile à certain·es.

Les test UX sont moins biaisés grâce à la possibilité de ne pas afficher les zones de clics.

Marvel review by Curtis A.
Curtis A.

"One of the best prototyping tool out there!"

What do you like best?

I love a lot of the new udpates. I discovered Marvel around when they launched and it was pretty good then, very similar to Invision, but with a lot of the new updates (wireframe, designing, etch), it's so much better.

What do you dislike?

The UI still needs a little work, like in the design area, where you have to click the X to close any flyout menus, instead of being able to click off of them on the artboard. But that's a little nitpicky.

Rapid wireframing and awesome prototyping is really helping us get client approval and getting it into the hands of the developers faster. We're also using it to win more business by being able to provide more upfront wireframes so the client can see more of our vision.

Marvel review by Camilo M.
Camilo M.

"Is just awesome"

What do you like best?

The way you can build easily and fast prototypes have not competition.

I use Marvel and Invision on a daily basis (for different clients) and the way you can duplicate links in Marvel is far best than the Hotspots templates in Invision.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I just hope in a near future Marvel has more features for a complete design workflow, like the code snippets, and a way to manage design tasks efficiently inside the same app.

When you're trying to validate your ideas, prototyping is the best solution. You can share them with stakeholders, users, and even team members.

Marvel review by Tri R.
Tri R.

"The Best Prototyping App that Even Non-Designers Could Use Perfectly"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to do prototyping and share it

What do you dislike?

I don't think I've found a way to copy a component to other screens

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use Marvel even if you are not a skilled UI/UX designer. I am a complete n00b when it comes to graphic designing but I could Marvel right away and produce a complete mobile app prototype and deliver it to my client in less than a week.

Even the free plan is still excellent!!

I have solved the issue of swift, complete prototype delivery to my clients so I could receive their feedbacks and start developing the apps in the matter of days.

Marvel review by Nicholas G.
Nicholas G.

"Great Prototyping Software!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Marvel is it's ability to prototype apps for those who don't have the ability to code. We've been able to solve a lot of UI/UX issues by actually seeing our app on mocked-up using their tablet interface.

What do you dislike?

The most frustrating part we've encountered has been it's actual app for displaying the app we've created. The software only lets us swipe through the screens, it doesn't let us go in the flow in which we'd like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for work flows to be implemented into the software.

The business problems we're solving with Marvel is UI/UX issues and gaining customer feedback as we're developing. The benefits have been awesome! We're catching loads of problems before we're going into production and coding. This has helped our product significantly knowing we've essentially seen what our final product could be.

Marvel review by Paweł K.
Paweł K.

"Mockup Tool for Everybody"

What do you like best?

Simple, fast and easy to use. These three words describe how Marvel perfected mockup creating. And best of all – you can use it for free. Marvel mobile apps are elegant and sync fast.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, but the site might be a bit faster sometimes. But overall it's really great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try – their free plan is perfectly suited for individuals and small teams.

Marvel allows us testing design ideas and testing them fast, especially with their latest plugin for Sketch. Before using prototype tools it was harder to sync and test designs on mobile.

Marvel review by Jacob C.
Jacob C.

"Marvel-icious"

What do you like best?

Marvel is super easy to get to grips with and extremely powerful when you get your head around the advanced tools. I find it the quickest way to generate prototypes to send to our clients and they never have any issues with using the prototypes we send.

What do you dislike?

Small number of free projects within the basic plan

Marvel has allowed us to speed up our prototyping phases and generate meaningful and realistic responses from user groups that they are tested with. Saving time in effort and increasing realistic productivity.

Marvel review by Glen M.
Glen M.

"A simple, easy and highly polished prototyping platform"

What do you like best?

Marvel excels through it's simplicity. It's super easy to throw a bunch of design images into a project and send a short url off to a client for feedback. For more complex projects, it also has some very simple and elegant transitions to help you link and animate together a working prototype. The Marvel UI is super responsive and allows you to focus on your goal rather than wrangle with the tools. There's even an export tool that integrates directly into Sketch so you can send and update your designs super-fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Marvel is a little too fast for it's own good. Every now and then the hotspot region tool will not auto-save it's position and function, meaning you will have to go back and modify it. Other than that Marvel just keeps getting better and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're after prototyping software, then I'd say this should definitely be on your radar. Give InVision and Proto.io a go too. If there's something integral that Marvel is missing, then I'd suggest letting them know - they seem to be pretty responsive and helpful over email.

I originally used Marvel as a client feedback tool for static UI designs, but quickly progressed to fully functioning wireframes and UX designs for websites and smartphone apps. The ability to bring a design to life like this won us plenty of client praise and made the transition from design to development that much easier.

Marvel review by User

"Happy User"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can show the prototype deign of our app to clients in a phone mock and the look and feel is as real as it can get. Their customer relationship team seem to be quite efficient and I am pleasantly surprised how they reached out to me one instance for follow up.

What do you dislike?

Not so much to dislike really. More like a wish list that the free version would have some more benefits. The limits on the free version makes one think about upgrade.

We use it to share app designs with clients and get their feedback on them and make changes before we can go into development. The best benefit would be to get iterations done while it is still in theory (design) phase before actual development happens after which the changes become difficult and complicated.

Marvel review by Hafizdzaki M.
Hafizdzaki M.

"Good App for prototyping"

What do you like best?

Design is Funny, you can understand make prototype easily with tooltips . price is cheap with a good plan, and team always support if you confuse. this app very recomended for you to make a prototype

What do you dislike?

i dont like with a chatbot, the chatbot disturb me when i make a prototype

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a Application like a invision, i think marvel developer team can make a something great than other :D

i use marvel app for make a prototyping, to share my ideas to people

Marvel review by Will Taylor S.
Will Taylor S.

"Has Improved Significantly Very Recently"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free, easy to use, and has the ability to let anyone comment publicly on designs. Happy to see they are honing in on implementing new features again. I switched to Invision but now Marvel is becoming interesting to me again. New features I can't wait to check out; user testing tools, iOS prototyping is a great feature that I've yet to check out.

- iOS prototyping app

- Sketch plugin, (Marvel not having this was one of the main reasons I switched to Invision).

- Embedding prototypes into websites - awesome for developing my portfolio w/o them having to leave the site. Invision can't do that.

- Embedding videos in prototypes. Invision can't do that.

What do you dislike?

Invision still has the lead in asset transfers to development teams. The ability to essentially "dismantle" a screen from Sketch, see the sizes of assets, fonts, HTML colors, and download them have made handoff a breeze. If Marvel gets into asset management, it would also be nice to see "bundling" of screens that are different aspect ratios of the same screen. Ex: After syncing and iOS design to Marvel, I'd select the iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, and iPhone SE versions of the same screen, and bundle them so that my workspace is cleaner for prototyping and I'm not seeing 3 versions of each screen all the time, just the 1 version that I want to see, (but of course I can open the bundle and see all versions at any time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product that seems to be on a fast track to greatness. The well-rounded freemium model makes it worth trying out.

Faster and more realistic prototyping, collaboration between myself and developers, and hopefully user testing soon.

Marvel review by User in Research
User in Research

"Superb for collaboration "

What do you like best?

I love that Marvel have released a Sketch plugin allowing me to easily and quickly update my wireframes and designs. It is a great tool to collaborate and get feedback in one place.

What do you dislike?

More of an improvement rather than a dislike... Working as a UX Specialist, I write long, comprehensive functionality documents which contain screenshots of wireframes and designs plus links to them on Marvel. It would be really useful to have some kind of integration with Google Docs that a thumbnail/preview image could be pulled through.

I am publishing wireframes to users and the development team for feedback. Being able to update my files quickly with the Sketch plugin allows me more time to work on the design.

Marvel review by User in Financial Services

"Awesome app for design and prototyping, really easy to use"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and provides an excellent visualization of what you're trying to achieve with your app prior to building. The design interface and screen creation is simple yet flexible for any user, and can be used to help effectively document project requirements with your team.

What do you dislike?

The organization and sequencing of prototype screens can be cumbersome once there is a large number of screens. It would be great to have some folder structure to organize these better. The hotspots can also act glitchy occasionally and sometimes need to be redone.

I am in the process of building an app for a gap in the iOS/Android market and Marvel is giving me the ability to prototype this design to clearly pitch the idea to investors and illustrate my vision.

Marvel review by Toby B.
Toby B.

"If you're not using Marvel, you're seriously missing out. Big time!"

What do you like best?

Embraces a seamless collaborative working process across client and the team, speeding up the timeline.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about Marvel. They're very responsive and their platform is so easy to get clients using

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to adopt and use at any level, it's ideal for easy collaboration with clients and saves some serious time reworking on numerous rounds of amends.

Breaking down traditional silos and issues around being drip-fed feedback, Marvel has helped create a collaborative process that reduces top results in far less time. Far less time means we can compete competitively in the market.

Marvel review by Aileen B.
Aileen B.

"Great site to display and collaborate on your designs"

What do you like best?

The rendering of my designs into different layouts, be it phone view, desktop or tablet. They looked beautiful, clear and the sizing paralleled reality perfectly.

What do you dislike?

I am a tad not fond of editing my design in Marvel because of the lack of ease of editing it. I prefer to use Marvel to display and collaborate on my designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for Web Design projects.

I have been required by Topcoder competitions to place my designs in Marvel for collaboration and for entry to the competitions. It is an easy to use tool that can keep a group of collaborators designs and thoroughput private from the public.

Marvel review by Olivia L.
Olivia L.

"Love Marvel"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and ability to quickly get done a realistic prototype that may be efficiently presented.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is not easy to translate or export the final product to multiple platforms if a non-live demonstration needs to be shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Marvel to newer companies or students looking to create a simple prototype with a new idea.

I was able to explain a concept for an app that I was proposing in a timely and functional way. I realized that Marvel has a lot of the right tools to implement a prototype in a simple way.

Marvel review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"Marvel is a wonderful program"

What do you like best?

I love that I can draw right on Marvel's interface. I'm an illustrator by trade, and a web designer through schooling. Being able to blend the two has really helped further my career in graphic design.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the subscription-based services that everything is becoming. I mean, I understand that it allows for constant free updates, but having to pay for an on-demand service is becoming a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend having a stylis instead of a mouse, it feels more organic that way. But maybe I'm bias because I do all my work off of a wacom tablet.

Being able to translate my ideas straight up from pen-to-paper. Er, from screen-to-screen, I guess. It helps keep everyone in the loop (kinda like basecamp does) and it's an easy to work with program. Anybody can take it, and run with it. I like its usability, and it helps us plan better.

Marvel review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"A great and nearly identical alternative ito Invision"

What do you like best?

Super fast and easy way to make mobile, tablet, and desktop prototypes of apps and websites. I like the ability for clients to comment on designs and give instruction or feedback. It's also nice to be able to share a prototype with someone and not worry whether or not they have the software to view it. all they need is a browser. The other thing I really like about marvel is that unlike other similar programs like invision, it is a whole lot cheaper and has just about the same features. You of course get more features with invision, but at a pretty lofty price.

What do you dislike?

You can't have the same team-wide interactions that you can with invision. You also don't have a few nice features like overlays or the soon to be animations that they're going to add to invision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're paying for Invision, give marvel a try. You'll be surprised at how well it does the job. Just might be able to save you a ton of money if you're not using all of the other features in invision they deem worthy of the extra $$$.

Needed a quick and easy to use rapid prototyping tool that I can share website and mobile app mock ups with clients. Also was on a pretty tight budget which is why marvel was the tool of choice for us.

Marvel review by Jakub K.
Jakub K.

"Simple & fast tool to prepare app mockup"

What do you like best?

Sync with Dropbox is extremely useful to me.

What do you dislike?

When I add too many screens its a little bit hard to find screen I want to edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, fast and simple. If you design in PSD or Sketch Marvel is what you need to check your project on device.

It's free and it fits my needs so I don't have to use any other tools. Marvel helps me with testing design on device and allows to show devs how an app should work.

Marvel review by Jonn B.
Jonn B.

"Marvel at Marvel"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Marvel is it's ease of use, but the one thing that really blew me away was the Twitter integration when you just drop a link in a tweet it shows the mock-up in app!

What do you dislike?

Still not as advanced as some, but still an incredible tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that although some features from other platforms aren't here, they aren't as agile and we'll integrated as Marvel.

Clear understanding from all parties what we are trying to achieve, all at speed.

Marvel review by Sebastián P.
Sebastián P.

"Prototype best"

What do you like best?

Best of Marvel is the campatibilidad with Dropbox or Google Drive. quickly upload jpg or png screens, and very intuitive interaction can give. If suddenly you need to correct a screen, you update the images in the repository, and your prototype will be updated immediately.

Collaborative work is also one of its advantages, and also, of course, so everything is online, it becomes an indispensable tool for a UX designer.

I love the way you make the header and footer, so they are floating in making a scrool. This can be very useful for floating buttons Material Design.

What do you dislike?

I would like to improve some points in the use of interaction tools:

If you use the timer not use the hotspot prune because it brings you the whole screen.

Nor is it clear the use of an image to Drag and drop to position your overlay. When you export the link is not as desired.

I would like that they can make hot spot areas of irregular shapes, not just rectangular, this would be very useful for marking hot spot in graphs or pie chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to be completely free.

I recommend adding the icon of the app, convert the link in app and place it in the device and display it from there.

He brought great customer presentation solutions.

The collaborative work between the different members is very agile.

The generation of the app on the desktop device, gives a very professional when presenting a prototype completion.

Comodo, a lightweight file sharing easy.

Another advantage is that the company, thanks to Marvel, reduce the use of Axure, leaving only for prototyping in high resolution.

Marvel review by VYSAK A.
VYSAK A.

"Its a supper easy application to turn your designs into clickable prototypes"

What do you like best?

- Simple and user-friendly web interface.

- Photoshop & sketch integration is very helpful for directly pulling the changes from the system.

- Ability to download the prototypes on your device for testing.

- Timer option is helpful to show popup messages/confirmation messages in particular prototypes.

- Incorporation of native animations and interaction. (It worked smoothly on my android prototypes)

- Option to allocate different levels of access to each contributor, which is very useful to collaborate with stakeholders, partner and others working on the same project.

- Option to embed the projects in your website/portfolios

What do you dislike?

It seems that the prototype needs to be downloaded each time I open the app (android device). So without the access to the internet, the app will not be downloaded ( I generally used to check the screens in internet access and keep the app opened prior to user testing). Other than that marvel app works perfectly for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really go for it. awesome experience.

- I have used Marvel app during my internship at Amazon IN, It helped me in quickly explain my idea to my mentor and other members working on the project. Prototype worked perfectly during the user testing.

- During the academic projects and assignments it was very helpfull for me and my frineds to showcase our works using the app.

- Its free for prototyping: Since I am a student it was really a good factor for me to select marvel app over other competitors.

Marvel review by Dhvanil P.
Dhvanil P.

"Wonderful experience with Marvel (and a few suggestions for improvment)"

What do you like best?

- Sketch + Photoshop integration.

- Ability to see your prototypes quickly on Mobile / Watch. WatchOS integration is FANTASTIC.

- GDrive + Dropbox sync.

- Super easy to use. Have convinced many of my coder & product friends to use Marvel as well. They totally agreed.

- Animations (they seem very smooth & native while running the prototype in iPhone)

- UI of web application is very cool too.

What do you dislike?

- The clunkly mobile sync mechanism (on iOS) The application downloads the entire Marvel project everytime the application is opened. Leads to some problems when have to show the project to someone at a non-internet connected location (a big problem in India, where I live) No option to download the marvel project (have to use the flight mode setting for Marvel to not refresh)

- Inability to use the native sensors (Gyroscope, Camera, Microphone etc) There have been many different and interesting features I've wanted to put in my application designs but could not do so using Marvel (had to switch to RelativeWave Form for that)

- Native Mac application would be super useful. When I do not have internet access, and can quickly run the prototypes in my mobile device by connecting my laptop to my phone using bluetooth / USB cable.

- Better work flows. If I 'entered' into Screen 2 using Screen 1, it would be cool if Marvel could remember where I entered from (i.e. Screen 1) so that I can use the back button to go back to Screen 1. Currently I use multiple versions of Screen 2 for the same (each being accessed by only one screen so that I can 'back' into it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The things I love about Marvel (and you will, too):

- Great integration with Apple Devices (WatchOS and iOS)

- Wonderful GDrive & Dropbox integration.

- Sketch and Photoshop integration for quick design and prototyping.

- One of the best tools for designers to quickly explain Mobile application design & functionality to PMs, clients, coders, sales people, recruiters, etc.

- Not a single line of code you'll have to write. Drag drop, click, tap functionality.

- Relatively inexpensive.

Since I'm a student, there have been only a few occasions I've used Marvel:

- During my recruitment season. I did many of my design assignments on Marvel. The recruiter perfectly understood the concept. Easier to explain it on a live mobile device.

- During my internship at WIkimedia Foundation, I saw many designers use Marvel. Used it a couple of times too.

- During remote internships. Easier to send the marvel prototype to other person (1000s of miles away) and explain the product over Skype, than, using the screenshare feature of Skype.

- During my classroom assignments. The professors were so impressed with students submitting Marvel prototypes, that they made prototyping mandatory in later assignments. And used them to explain a few things in class too! :)

Marvel review by António P.
António P.

"Perfect workflow and sharing."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to turn Photoshop images into shareable apps. Sharing with clients is very easy.

The mobile apps are great to showcase a prototype and you can even create app shortcuts to send to clients who do not need to install anything on their devices (mobile or desktop), it's great!

What do you dislike?

Needs to have more conditional features on the transitions. Also some extra flexibility on design would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the free tier, it allows freelancers and small agencies to work on a few prototypes without extra costs and without crippling limits. You can easily upgrade later keeping all your work.

Showing clients how the app will work when completed.

Marvel review by Yoseph W.
Yoseph W.

"Great UX for a great UX tool"

What do you like best?

Marvel's prototyping tools are easy to pick up and very user-friendly. From the get-go, you are able to craft beautiful prototypes whether you have design files or not due to Marvel's built-in wire framing tools.

What do you dislike?

More animation on separate elements within marvel would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is still the quickest rapid prototyping tool and does what it does better than anyone else.

Marvel has allowed us to communicate user experiences with clients as easily as sharing a link.

Marvel review by Brittany G.
Brittany G.

"Simple, yet exceptional"

What do you like best?

This software is simple, yet exceptional. It is very straightforward in what it can do. It has created plugin's for sketch to make it relevant to designers. Even though it doesn't have a ton of functionality, it performs well.

What do you dislike?

It isn't very robust. It is only good for simple interaction prototyping with hot spots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very simple and can't prototype microinteractions, but works well for the simple interactions

Software design prototyping.

Marvel review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Marvel is a great all in one solution for turning my designs into clickable prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a great UI. Its super easy to use and makes prototyping a dream. Unlimited projects for free is a total steal, there is no one else out there who has anything this good for that sorta price. I have used marvel since they first came out on multiple projects, both commercial and personal. It is my goto mobile prototyping tool. I ended up getting my whole design to use it too!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am completely satisfied with marvel. Pricing is great along with the design and features of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you havn't tried marvel prototyping yet, you need to. Marvel is the best mobile prototyping solution I have found yet in my 5 years experience as a UI designer. UX and UI both are great. Marvel is simple and effective to use. I love it and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Keep up the good work marvel!

Simple mobile design solutions for complex problems. My clients love being able to interact with a design that feels like it has already been developed. Its like bringing a photoshop or sketch file to life, for real. Marvel is my goto tool for mobile prototyping and will continue to be.

Marvel review by Jonathan K.
Jonathan K.

"One of the best rapid prototyping tools out there."

What do you like best?

Marvel does exactly what it is advertised to do, and I love that about it. From the very beginning of this product, it claimed to be able to rapidly create interactive prototypes, and it continues to deliver on that promise. Some of my favorite features:

* Free to use as a single user

* Syncs with Dropbox for save -> preview workflows.

* Mobile first approach to UI

* Multiple levels of sample transitions between screens

* Dead simple to use and master

* Uses actual URLs for testing

What do you dislike?

There are other, more powerful prototyping tools out there. If you are looking to create a fully functioning prototype which is comparable to a website, Marvel is simply not for you. That being said, there are some gaps in what Marvel provides that would still fall within its' goal:

* Ability to have horizontal scrolling sections inside a vertically scrolling page

* Nesting pages inside one another without needing to specify a link to another page for basic interactions

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have seen a bug where projects configured on one version of Marvel will not transfer to another, but this is rare and only happened once. I would recommend that you name your pages in a way that enables you to re set up the Marvel prototype quickly.

I have used Marvel both as a freelance and fulltime worker, and it has so many uses. As a freelance UX Designer, it comes in very useful in medium fidelity user testing, especially since you can use an actual web browser to take a look at the prototype. As a fulltime in house developer, I use it for validation of ideas as well as for presentations in an agile workflow.

Marvel review by adam w. j.
adam w. j.

"Marvel is My Go-to Prototyping Service"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. The clean, grey toned design helps me to focus on the prototype I am creating and not the Marvel brand. I think Marvel does a great job of sprinkling in their brand without it becoming intrusive or unsavory. The new user roles feature is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Up until now, I felt the collaboration element to Marvel was lacking. Most of the leading prototype software has pretty robust functionality included that allows entire teams to discuss designs, flows of a project. But with their latest update, Marvel now has a rad user roles, and collaboration element to it that was previously missing. Will have to come up with a new "dislike", now that this has been taken care of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You can do a free trial with I think up to 3 projects. Check it out, it may be more than that!

We use Marvel to create high-level prototypes that we send to clients. This helps us both in the architectural phase, and in the product design phase. In the architectural phase (when we are wireframing, and still piecing together the project at a high-level) we use Marvel to send a sort of "interactive" wireframe sothe client will be able to get a better grasp and alternative experience with their app or website.

In the product design phase, we take our mockups from Photoshop or Sketch and send another Marvel prototype. This is more about the client getting a sense for how the designs work on their devices, rather than making architectural or functionality decisions. Both stages have been imperative in carrying out a successful project.

Marvel review by Alonso L.
Alonso L.

"Marvel is simple, interactive, and gets the job done. "

What do you like best?

Marvel brings the elements necessary to create interactive prototypes with easy to use tools and definable interactions. It is an exceptional platform in its simplicity and is great for mobile and desktop prototyping. It works hand in hand with any graphic design tools, but even more simplified with Sketch. Uploading from Sketch or Dropbox is without a doubt the most seamless aspect, making changes or updates to screens on the fly and in a flash. Sharing your prototype is simple, and can either be shared with a link, embed the prototype on a website, or simply showcase through the mobile app. For mobile and desktop experiences, Marvel has been a mainstay for my prototyping needs.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the application still has some kinks to work out, but Marvel is on its way to improvements. Some interactions are not as clearly separated from other similar interactions, so that can be of a bit of confusion. The interactions are not as robust as some competitors, combined with a lack of enterprise level UI elements, and that holds Marvel back from being a one-stop solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For mobile and desktop prototyping with a small set of microinteractions that are hopefully growing in robustness, and at reasonable rates, Marvel gets the job done well.

It is easy to start building in Marvel for mobile and desktop, especially when starting with sketches or wireframes. One can use mobile photos to capture sketches and upload directly to Marvel using the app or porting from Dropbox. Once a designer jumps into wireframes, and eventually high fidelity mockups, it is easy to replace screens to build an elegant and more robust prototype that evokes a near-finished product experience.

Marvel review by Prateek G.
Prateek G.

"Best and Simple Prototyping Software for Web Developers"

What do you like best?

The Simplicity. It is the most simple to use app and user friendly with extreme power. There are rarely anything which I would not like in this application, from the UI to almost every feature I just love it. I started using this software recently but it really helps you, specially for big projects. Personally I prefer using marvel instead of github while working on web development application. And the image editing tool integrated with the application also comes in handy most of the time, when you want to tweak some minor changes in your image.

The ability to downlad the prototype in different forms is again my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

Its very difficult to dislike anything in this application. One thing I want should have been in this great application is the ability to use it offline. I have also used Justinmind and one thing which I really like about it was the ability to install the application on your personal rig to be able to use it without even internet connection.

Being a free subscriber to marvel gives very very basic features to access.

I work as a freelance web developer and this prototyping software helps me save a lot of time while working on particular project, I can show the client the wire frame of the web application and what it is going to look like once the project is done which helps me to not again work on the project to change the particular things according to the client needs as I have already shown the client what it is going to look like at the end.

Learning about Marvel?

* We monitor all Marvel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.