Mattermost

Mattermost is an open source, self-hosted Slack-alternative

Work for Mattermost?

Learning about Mattermost?

Mattermost Reviews

Ask Mattermost a Question
Showing 53 Mattermost reviews
Mattermost review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

"Mattermost: A Phenomenal Company"

What do you like best?

This is simply an outstanding company and one that is headed in the correct direction. It is great company because it combines productivity with your team to also great efficiency with the people around you, as well. It is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot to dislike about this product. It is extremely user friendly and it allows the team to function at a high level. It is also allows for a high level of productivity and people working together to function, as one. It is an extremely great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to really develop great communication while bring together their own team to function at a high level. This is an outstanding product.

We have solved the problem of what happens when people are not productive. This company is great because it makes sure that the people in your company are efficient and work together to accomplish goals that the team has set out to complete.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mattermost
Mattermost review by <span>Roward J. V.</span>
Roward J. V.

"Switch to mattermost because its the future for the work net and the internet "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Once i forgot my vital information and was too painful to get recovered just because i got hacked and lost almost everything on the page

Recommendations to others considering the product

It brings the benefits of team communication to an entire enterprise simply, there are highs availabilities solutions. It adapts to changing the needs of users and regulations with enterprise-class compliance and an extremely large options. It deploys the modern communication behind your firewall. It keeps the vital information under control and own your data and never be locked in. The vital data was recovered thanks to the efforts of the support center even after a hack attack, Brought the benefits of an entire enterprise simply Get too many solutions for almost everything with class A

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Mattermost review by <span>Jean F.</span>
Jean F.

"Mattermost - real time communication without loss of privacy"

What do you like best?

The fact that I do not need to rely on a third party company to make my communications possible. This is all done in real time and there's no difference from others "free" offerings.

What do you dislike?

It's not that I do not like it, but I'm forced to upgrade (twice so far) everytime a new upgrade come out, otherwise the mobile version won't work (android only)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move on, this is a wonderful choice. I'm able to keep my robots warning me of everything happening, compatible with ios, android and smartwatches.

Enormous benefits: saving bandwidth, keeping things real private, controlling access and denying access to networks that do not provide the same level of security.

Mattermost review by <span>Achilleas K.</span>
Achilleas K.

"Free group chat application "

What do you like best?

***********************

MATTERMOST IS INSTALLED HERE IN MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

All employee in the Department of Software have an account in mattermost and they are using mattermost daily.

*********************

We are using the application the last year in our company. We have created many diffferent channels defined by subject where you join the channel you like or work. The application has version for ios, android and desktop in linux and windows also.

What do you dislike?

I have not faced any problem until now. The application runs without any issue. It is free and we will continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other paid similar applications is the right choice.

It is free without any limit to our work compared to other similar applications like slack...

Mattermost review by <span>Mandy S.</span>
Mandy S.

"Mattermost is AOL for work.. I love it!"

What do you like best?

Mattermost is set up like a chatroom. While working for Amazon, I would log into my device from home and could connect with my colleagues from all over the country who were also working virtually from home. It was also a quick way for me to get in touch with a manager or supervisor if I needed help ASAP while stuck on the phone with a customer or just had general questions.

What do you dislike?

There was a time when one system went down and we needed to log into a new system and it kind of messed things up for a while, but I am not certain that as a Mattermost issue or not. I just know that it was kind of frustrating as an employee, trying to talk with my co-workers and management.

Keeping in touch with my team members and members of management in real time. Taking customer calls is not always easy and you don't always have the answers, so it is beneficial to have support readily available.

Mattermost review by <span>Marco C.</span>
Marco C.

"One of the best self-hosted chat solutions"

What do you like best?

It's a solid, open-source solution if you want to move from Slack or similar proprietary software.

What do you dislike?

There are not so many integrations available and most of them require a certain amount of technical knowledge. It's not like Slack, where you can connect the system to other apps with a few clicks. So, if you're looking for some sort of integration, double-check the current availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a self-hosted, private alternative to Slack, and you have an IT department and resources to allocate to the implementation and setup, I'd warmly recommend Mattermost.

We wanted to coordinate a team of translators and reviewers located in different countries and time zones. We managed to streamline our processes thanks to Mattermost.

Learning about Mattermost?

* We monitor all Mattermost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.