3.9

Learning about Mautic?

Mautic Reviews

Ask Mautic a Question
Showing 23 Mautic reviews
Mautic review by Hammy H.
Hammy H.

"Brilliant, modern alternative to Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

What do you like best?

Open-source, free, and does everything to a higher standard than the likes of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Brilliant community support, and from the main development team.

What do you dislike?

Could look a little better on smaller devices like the Surface Pro 2, so you have to change your zoom settings in the browser to see everything. Could also do with a mobile app ala Microsoft Dynamics CRM, this would really complete the overall package and make it a must use for a lot of businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start today! Our team is more productive and happier than they have been in years with their sales and CRM system. Stability of the software is also far better with far less downtime with being able to host it on a Linux server rather than a Windows Server that needs to restart in order to perform updates.

We've automated our email marketing and CRM system, something we've been trying to do with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for several years, but always seem to end up having issues with somewhere along the way as we don't use Microsoft Exchange Server, and instead use IMAP on G-Suite.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mautic
Mautic review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Great Open Source Product for Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

open-source, easy to install, minimum server requirements

What do you dislike?

Email builder could be better. Some functions take more clicks than needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open source version requires fairly extensive knowledge of hosting knowledge and administration, so hire a pro to install it and help you set it up. It's well worth whatever that cost considering the commercial version is several hundred dollars per month. Overall it's an excellent program that does what it says. Email builder is quirky and a bit limited compared to other options out there, but it's serviceable. It could almost be used as both a marketing automation solution and a CRM solution all by itself. Lots of built-in integrations also extend it's usefulness.

Ability to send timely responses to inquiries. Improved follow-up responses from leads.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Mautic review by Mario D.
Mario D.

"A comprehensive open source marketing automation software, but has its problems"

What do you like best?

The first time I saw information about Mautic was searching for apps in Bitnami, an industry leader in application packaging, a few years ago. I stayed with the idea of, some day, test the software.

Finally, four months ago, I could install Mautic in my own server. I had some problems in the process, but the effort paid off.

The software has everything you need to make full marketing automation. You can create contacts, segment them, create landing pages, forms, emails campaigns and so on. The campaign builder is very good and intuitive.

I saw in Mautic, in the near future, a real player in the competitive world of marketing automation providers.

What do you dislike?

Well. Here are the no so good stuff. Like I said before, I had some problems in the installation process. I had to create a custom php.ini file, and finally the software was installed.

About the functionality, I have to say Mautic has a lot of bugs (I installed the version 2.9.2). In forms, for example, because they hang on submit button after hit submit,. As well as no error message when submitting forms with missing required fields.

Also, the uptate process is a bit tricky. You need to erase manually the cache, before you can proceed to the update.

Other issue is the lack of integration with Zapier.

I stayed with the impression that Mautic has many more bugs than I face. I don't know if the latest version has fix some of them, but I have to say, I will not use the software if remains like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the time and energy to deal with bugs, go ahead, use this open source version of Mautic. I think is better to wait for Mautic until it is completely stable and reliable, like, for example, WordPress, a solid software.

Basically, you will save a lot of time, segmenting prospects, and sending them automated custom email campaigns. Very useful tool. But, at the same time, you will need someone to deal with bugs.

Mautic review by Anand S.
Anand S.

"Self hosted marketing automation for startups"

What do you like best?

We like the campaign builder provided by mautic to build out elaborate email campaigns for our prospects. Ability to add custom designs, plan out email content and manage landing pages is a huge timesaver for the team.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes buggy and updates are not the easiest to do. They could do with some internal testing before the release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have a development team to support the mautic installation as some debugging may be required to get this working as expected.

simple email marketing automation, landing page builders and campaign reports are easy to do with Mautic. We realize the benefits faster than how we used to while using a well known brand in the same segment.

Mautic review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Innovative , feature rich Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

It is a powerful marketing automation tool , which is going to be improved day by day. You can explore each dimensions of automation here from visitors tracking , web-form , pop-up forms to lead scoring, progressive profiling everything. Powerful marketing automation at very affordable price makes it an stand alone performer.

What do you dislike?

You many face unexpected bugs with the system. The troubleshooting needs expert advice from Community. Social media integration part is weak. Not easy to deal with it's concurrent version updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a feature rich marketing automation at very affordable cost , Mautic is a best option to go with .You can easily automate lead generation , lead followups here.

We are doing marketing automation here, we have put mautic tracking codes , created web forms and setup automation rules for our subscribers.

Mautic review by Brad N.
Brad N.

"Great product for open source, but there is a learning curve and support is up to community"

What do you like best?

The only decent open source marketing automation platform available on the market.

Available in Softaculous for easy installation with most hosting companies.

Lots of power once you learn how to use it.

Decent interface that seems to be getting better

What do you dislike?

Can be really difficult to configure and requires a lot of learning to get things right.

Community is just OK when it comes to support. Many many questions go unanswered on the forum.

Confusing in many places.

Encounter a number of bugs in the product regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you read through all the documentation, blog posts, etc. if you want this to be an effective solution for you. It is getting better with every release, but still needs work and polish.

Marketing automation for ourselves and for our clients.

Mautic review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Enterprise-class marketing automation"

What do you like best?

Mautic is packed full of features normally found in high-end software and platforms. The ability to do A/B (split) testing within the app is great.

Campaigns (automated workflows) are very flexible.

New features and enhancements are driven by the community of users and introduced regularly..

What do you dislike?

Being open-source, support is limited to the community through a forum and GitHub repository.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to the installation, especially the cron jobs, and be prepared to find workarounds for some advanced features. All in all, Mautic is worth paying for - but you don't need to.

I've used Mautic extensively within my own company and also with clients. In all cases I have found it to be a very reliable email marketing platform and the zero-cost (aside from hosting fees) means a substantial saving over other, similar solutions such as Hubspot and MailChimp.

Mautic review by Dirk S.
Dirk S.

"I started with Newsletter Management and now love the Marketing Automation part of it"

What do you like best?

The fact, that it it is free of license cost makes it attractive to small and medium sized companies like us. It saves budget to spend into smart campaigns. Also installing it on premise is a big advantage for complying with data privacy laws in EU and Germany.

What do you dislike?

New releases introduce new bugs, I wonder if a bit slower speed but more stable code would be better.

We automate several communication processes, as for instance onboarding new customers to our SaaS solution webZunder.com

Mautic review by Max T.
Max T.

"Mautic helps internal marketing to complete loop for web marketing and lead distribution"

What do you like best?

Mautic is simple to setup and free to use as on-premise MA tools. The web form and lead capture capabilities normally need some development job to be up and running. We can now do this without investing marketing $ for development or purchase commercial software solution.

Within my company we already use Dynamic CRM to manage pipeline. However, the way it's used is so complicated that we are not willing to connect the CRM with web front in anyway. Mautic also enable us to automatic distribute web form result to interested parties through email notification. Which helps us to respond quickly to customer inquiry and monitor the process.

One other thing we did is to use Mautic as an normal web form tool for in-bound call data entry and re-distribute to sales people. With the built in automation this is easy to setup and start using.

Personally I did the localization for Mautic into Simplified Chinese. It takes some time but with what the product delivers it's worthwhile for us.

What do you dislike?

As open source solution it takes some time to figure out the little tricks to setup and update Mautic. I myself have some technical knowledge about web development so this is not an issue. For other marketing people this could be a challenge. Of course they can use the cloud version.

Documentation is an area to improve for Mautic. Especially for new features, One would expect a decent user guide to start with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With little tech support you can save hard $ in marketing automation. The process works well for company of all size. Take a try if you are new to Marketing Automation.

Automated manual web form creation and lead distribution process. Release the marketing staff from in-efficient work tasks. The form and landing page cloning saves a whole lot of time for us in terms of setting up the digital marketing program.

Mautic review by Bob R.
Bob R.

"Great if you are hands on dev. -not an out of the box MA solution"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is open source and free is huge, with the right skillset and time you could do great things with Mautic

What do you dislike?

For me being non tech savvy the configuration was a roadblock. Also support is limited to community forum which is frustrating. There were a few issues i couldn't resolve, briefly considered going with Mautic Pro for $500/month but instead left the platform and moved to Pardot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Those who are hands on and techy - dive in, you'll be impressed with the feature set and can't beat the price.

Those who are not, move on to a more established player with implementation experts that can guide you.

Marketing automation, prospect segmentation, and email drip campaigns

Mautic review by Marco C.
Marco C.

"Excellent solution for marketing automation"

What do you like best?

Mautic is an open-source solution. We especially appreciate this aspect, because it allows even a small company like ours to have a powerful tool on par with more expensive solutions.

What do you dislike?

Everything must be built from scratch. There are only a few predefined templates. You should create your campaigns and all your funnels from scratch.

We are replacing our old Mailchimp subscription. We found that Mautic can do what we had in Mailchimp and much more.

Mautic review by Nigel B.
Nigel B.

"Waited a week for support reponse"

What do you like best?

Having a robust way to manage email marketing programs is essential.

Update: Received a response to my request the day after submitting my review. I now need only to wait an additional 7 - 10 days to receive my data - total response time = 14 - 17 days.

What do you dislike?

I submitted a time-sensitive question to the Mautic team through two separate email addresses a week ago. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Update: I have now received an acknowledgement and am waiting on delivery of the data.

If I wait three more days, the window on a commercial opportunity will have closed.

Update: That first commercial opportunity has closed.

Mautic review by Mikko S.
Mikko S.

"Marketing automation for free"

What do you like best?

I like that Mautic is constantly developing and that it's free.

What do you dislike?

It's still raw and in many cases you need not be afraid of some code to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have little money to put in marketing automation, then Mautic is a good choice. Be aware though that it's a work in progress and less complete and intuitive than paid counterparts.

Lead generation, marketing automation, campaigns.

Mautic review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A self-hosted marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

Mautic is great at collecting information about visitors on your website - before you even know anything about them. It can add contacts based solely on IP, and make the connection once they fill out a form. This is great because it allows you to see what a potential customer has been doing since before they even contacted you. For example, you can tell that this was the fourth time they visited your website in the last week.

Once you know they're interested, you can use pre-created campaigns to send drip marketing emails to them on a particular interval. This seems to be the hot new thing right now, right?

What do you dislike?

We opted for the self-hosted version. This took some know-how to set up properly, and the follow up drip-marketing they sent us for getting started didn't totally match up with what we saw. This was confusing. Their documentation could use some help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know what you're doing, the set up isn't bad. But if you're expecting your hand to be held through the process you might want to consider another platform that you have to pay for.

We're a small business and never had the budget for a full blown marketing automation platform before (they're often rather expensive). We appreciate that we can download and use the software on our own server (for free), and then own all of the information that's collected this way.

Mautic review by Ronnie D.
Ronnie D.

"Mautic disrupts the Marketing Automation world!"

What do you like best?

Mautic is one of the first completely free and open source Marketing Automation systems. The best part is that Mautic's capabilities are comparable to the other systems that cost thousands of dollars per month. As a pro user with other enterprise Marketing Automation systems, I can definitely day that Mautic has the ability to compete in this space.

What do you dislike?

Mautic is still fairly new...so despite having a very robust feature set right out of the gate, there are still some features to be desired. I am confident they will come quickly though as Mautic continues to build a following. As a frequent user of open source software, I would like to see a better communicated road map of upcoming features, or some sort of mechanism where users can vote on which features will be implemented next. Github issues are great, but they don't leave any indication on when a feature will be implemented.

I was able to get Mautic up and running and start using it in just a few minutes using mautic.com registration. Other MA systems have a super long sales cycle and setup before you can even begin to start using them. Integrating into my CMS was quick and easy and I was able to start building out logic in Mautic within minutes!

Mautic review by Nurit R.
Nurit R.

"Stand alone performer in Open Source Automation Software"

What do you like best?

They have almost all features required to setup marketing automation for a website.

Mautic community is ready to help. Mautic team is improving their product day by day.

Campaigns , pop-up form , social listening , profile scoring can be easily configured.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to setup , it is a developer friendly software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for feature rich , almost free marketing automation tool, you should go with mautic.

We have setup marketing automation here. Visitors are easily tracked . All contacts are segmented and scored according to their website interaction.

Mautic review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Wonderful Marketing Automation System"

What do you like best?

I think Mautic provides 60% of something like a Hubspot. My company cannot afford Hubspot because it's very expensive and not really proven to us that it can provide results. Mautic is free, Libre respecting and open to contributions. They keep updating the software regularly and it's really working well. Very stable. Easy to admin.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the landing page features can be lackluster if you are not an HTML/CSS guru. Would like to see those things be improved. Would also like to fix some bugs I've noticed.

The problem we have solved is tracking our users that visit our site, open our emails, and send text messages to potential customers automatically.

Mautic review by Rob L.
Rob L.

"Full featured FREE marketing automation platform"

What do you like best?

It's free. And it does what competitors are charging thousands of dollars per month for.

What do you dislike?

When I first created my account, I was dumped into a dashboard without any onboarding support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of Hubspot's free training materials, and apply them to your open source marketing automation platform!

Marketing automation without breaking the bank. I've had poor experiences with other automation platforms.

Mautic review by Consultant in Publishing
Consultant in Publishing

"Great Marketing software "

What do you like best?

This software is open source and free on web based, it 's developing by a large community continuously

What do you dislike?

Some functions are a bit difficult to understand if you do not have a computer preparation

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest trying it out because its model changes a lot in the marketing automation market

You can create contacts, track site visits we, create landing pages and email marketing campaigns at no cost

Mautic review by Carlie P.
Carlie P.

"Mautic for on-boarding automation "

What do you like best?

Automated email streams and segmented users. See consumer behavior by viewing what pages customers land on and where they go from there.

What do you dislike?

Inability to schedule emails to go out at specific times

Automated email streams that go out based on behaviour. Diverse selection customization with the open api version.

Mautic review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"High quality marketing automation for free"

What do you like best?

This product seems to have all the features of commercial options and is free if you host it yourself. The hosted option also looks very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Support seems slow but you would expect that from a free product.

Marketing Automation and landing pages.

Mautic review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Great open source tool for beginners "

What do you like best?

Ease of use.

Fast to setup on your own website

What do you dislike?

Does not have proper lead nurturing campaign recepies.

Does not have workflows

Implement marketing automation tactics

Mautic review by Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment
Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Super awesome for a opensource"

What do you like best?

Email marketing in my own server that helps me a lot

What do you dislike?

missing the remainder module for the lead followup

I was able to reach out to most of my potential clients with the email marketing

Learning about Mautic?

* We monitor all Mautic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9