Mavenlink

Mavenlink

Mavenlink offers a powerful combination of Project Management and Professional Services Automation (PSA) software for advanced project management, resource planning, collaboration, and financial management all in one place.

Work for Mavenlink?

Learning about Mavenlink?

Mavenlink Reviews

Ask Mavenlink a Question
Showing 157 Mavenlink reviews
Mavenlink review by <span>Craig &quot;Dodge&quot; L.</span>
Craig "Dodge" L.

"Used many, this one is the best"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. In running a project, it is intuitive and organized well. The software has a very impressive feature set, more so than the project management softwares I've used in the past. As an agency, we do many of the same things for multiple clients, so the project templates feature has been great to use over and over. This and other features are definitely improving our efficiency and saving us money - or at least allowing us more time to focus on the work itself. You can become a basic user pretty quickly and easily. The software is cloud-based, so it does not require installation, and updates automatically.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. There are maybe TOO MANY navigation features and paths. There is a lot to learn to become a power user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is on the high end of the price spectrum, in this space, but so far we feel like we are getting our money's worth.

Running projects for agency clients is our primary use of Mavenlink. It has good internal (agency only) and collaborative (agency + client) capabilities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mavenlink
Mavenlink review by <span>Kristen W.</span>
Kristen W.

"LOVE THE ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTS!!"

What do you like best?

The flow charts that allow so many personalized options are unique and a life-saver. The time tracking options are also a big hit. The entire office is able to utilize multiple aspects of Mavenlink without any issue. The software is extremely user friendly and doesn't have all that added "fluff" that can get in the way at times.

What do you dislike?

Quite honestly, I cannot think of any negative aspects in reference to Mavenlink. It truly is simple to learn on your own. And it is so easy to implement as a single user or in a group setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of organizational visuals, time management analytics, and project planning metrics - this is the software you need to use!

Client work load and billing organization has become a breeze compared to what was utilized in the past.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Mavenlink review by <span>Josh R.</span>
Josh R.

"Mavenlink: Ode to a bogged down product"

What do you like best?

I honestly would say that Mavenlink is great at showing you task lists and the activity feed has had some considerable upgrade in the last year

What do you dislike?

I do honestly feel that this product is incredibly sluggish. The billing system is convoluted and the User Experience is in desperate need of some fine tuning. They only recently upgraded their comments section and you can't even edit a comment unless you click out of the task and go back to the activity feed. All in all the product just feels bloated and confused about what it truly wants to be. Billing is simply not a possibility right now because sending an invoice through the system is so painful

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better products out there, though we are still hardpressed to find an all in one solution.

We are attempting to solve our project management system by using a product that could easily show our developers their daily tasks without having to see information.

Mavenlink review by <span>Micquella A.</span>
Micquella A.

"Great product, great supporting team"

What do you like best?

I like that we've put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company! Before Mavenlink, we used Microsoft Project for this, and it was no where near as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. Our Senior managers' feedback on resource planning in Mavenlink has been "I can't believe we used to do this another way!"

I also really like the support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team -- whether it's getting questions answered, prioritizing potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product roadmap -- I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

What do you dislike?

Some of the gaps in functionality for project planning have been a pain point, but we found workarounds and optimized our internal training program to help. As a project manager and one of our primary Mavenlink admins, I had a lot of feedback for Mavenlink on this subject, and they listened! I'm thrilled that there's some huge enhancements coming here! Even as-is though, it's definitely usable, flexible, and still much more accessible than having separate .mpps living all over a file system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be realistic about the size of your company and the complexity of your processes when planning your Mavenlink rollout. Consider your migration needs to in-flight projects and resourcing.

We're solving the problem of having disconnected project plans and resource planning. We're also getting a huge boost in our reporting ability on actual project hours compared to planned!

Mavenlink review by <span>Zachary A.</span>
Zachary A.

"Well designed and allows you to get as granular as you want."

What do you like best?

I can get extremely granular on a project or task if I want, but I don't have to. It integrates with Quickbooks extremely well. It allows my account manager and COO to dive as deeply as they want into my projects. Assigning and setting up new projects and tasks is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

So far, no way of creating a recurring scheduled task in a project. The UI is very text-heavy, it can be a bit much when trying to find something quickly if I don't know where to look already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's designed for people who think like me, it provides excellent time tracking integration with quickbooks, and deals with a high volume of projects very smoothly. The interface is very text-heavy and the potential for granular tracking seems overwhelming until users get comfortable with it.

Tracking, recording, and predicting a high volume of consulting projects across many clients and several consultants.

Mavenlink review by <span>Jaymie S.</span>
Jaymie S.

"Mavenlink Rocks for Keeping Our Virtual Team Well Organized and Efficient"

What do you like best?

The resource management feature allows us to know who is available for a next project and who might be overloaded on any given moment. It's also a great way to flag our finance team for invoicing once a project is marked as completed by our creative team.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to dislike. It's really easy to use and fast to implement. The cost is reasonable compared to its competitors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's like having a blog page for each project your team is working on- and you can even securely add in customers so they can 'order' a project and/or watch real-time progression and provide updates. Love also the gant chart so you can show your client that if a decision or an approval is delayed-- final timeline is shifted back to xyz date. It's really a great visual and helps keep the project moving forward.

Streamlining our communications within our agency. Whenever we can move away from communicating through emails, and keeping our different drafts/files more organized and online- we can and do. Mavenlink is great for this.

Mavenlink review by <span>Scott W.</span>
Scott W.

"Great business analytics - helped our business manage time and jobs to a detailed level "

What do you like best?

The detailed time tracking and allocations towards specific projects and tasks. It is great to be able to create the different phases that a project undertakes and figure out how our employees are performing against them. We were able to understand how our pricing metrics really stacked up once we were doing the work through several jobs at a blink of an eye.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks integration is still really lacking. The invoicing I will say is very elementary in nature and we really only will use for internal use and tracking. If the invoicing could talk to more robust third party softwares that deal with invoicing on a much bigger and better scale that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be diligent with scheduling and inputting all the data as it will help the analytics. Can be hard to get great reads on your company if you do not put in the time to input and manage the team through the software.

We are solving for a lot of project management workflow problems. We average a new project every two business days, which for an architectural firm of 10 people is a lot. Mavenlink allows us to keep track of each project the phase and exactly where our burn rates are at all times.

Mavenlink review by <span>Jake W.</span>
Jake W.

"The Backbone of Our Consulting Business"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink allows our consulting business to set up hundreds of clients (projects) and track everything we do with them (pertinent visit notes, billable time, expenses, tasks we complete, etc). This is invaluable information that stays with each client file and not only serves us well, but also benefits the client. Critical documents can be shared with the client right from our smartphones. Any new consultant that takes over has a full history of everything done with each client and what tasks are yet to be completed. This makes the transition from consultant to consultant nearly flawless. Such a vital tool for our business.

What do you dislike?

There are functions that aren't always applicable to our business, but we have learned to work around them and still come away with a robust tool that meets the vast majority of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of a project management software system with multiple clients, this is a phenomenal program. It has kept our company very well-organized and kept our entire team of consultants in the know with whats happening with other clients as well.

Tracking our consultants production time as well as ensuring our clients are being billed properly for each service has been so good to have within the same program.

Mavenlink review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

"Great for Reporting"

What do you like best?

I love how customizable the reports in Mavenlink are. I can pull any metrics I want and filter them in numerous ways. I am also starting to schedule reports so team members can receive an automated, weekly reports of what they need to see. I recently spoke to Mavenlink support about being able to see scheduling details when I view the report, and it is on it's way, which is great news to hear!

What do you dislike?

We use custom fields on almost all tasks we create. We've created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template.

We use Mavenlink for resourcing. It's great to see billable vs. non-billable time which helps us determine if teams are being fully utilized and where we need additional help.

Mavenlink review by <span>Kelli C.</span>
Kelli C.

"Beyond Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Mavenlink has to be the quality of customer service we received from Daniel Apple. Any time any of our team had a question, he was all over it! If he didn't have the answer, he found the answer for us in no time at all. We feel comfortable signing up for the Mavenlink service, because we know that we will have support every step of the way. Anyone that we have been on a call with at Mavenlink has been beyond helpful.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have not found anything that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really utilize your trial term. Get in the software and try it out. Get questions together. They will be answered.

We are looking to solve "conflicted copies" that we are getting by tracking our projects on Excel spreadsheets that are kept on Dropbox. With Mavenlink, we will be able to all be in a project at the same time, without risk of creating a conflicted copy.

Mavenlink review by <span>Rachel S.</span>
Rachel S.

"Mavenlink = Real-time Features"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Mavenlink is that I can see budgets and time entries in real-time. I struggled with our old project management software because it didn't include time tracking. I spent so much time trying to see where we were at on budgets before Mavenlink. Now, I can know in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Really, my only big complaint about Mavenlink is a combination of little things (i.e. - the fact that checklist items don't have to be checked off to mark a task complete, the fact that my task repeater integration has yet to work consistently for longer than 2 months, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Mavenlink for project management. If your job is to make sure that projects are getting done on time and within budget, this is by far the best tool out there. Yes, there may be some things that it doesn't do as well as others, but they are constantly making improvements and the customer service/support is wonderful!

My biggest business problem that I'm able to solve with Mavenlink is knowing where a project stands with regards to budget, in real-time. It doesn't take me hours to figure it out. I know at the click of a button. This has made project management more efficient.

Mavenlink review by <span>Nathan S.</span>
Nathan S.

"Excellent platform for team organization!"

What do you like best?

The best part of the system to me is the ease of setting up projects and simultaneously logging hours with great ease. The platform allows up easy access to all logged hours as well as categorizing between billable and non-billable time.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Mavenlink for short but thus far I have no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more organized your team is the more benefit you can get from using Mavenlink.

We were previously an organized mess with creating projects and project milestones in a single platform. The hours and billable time was being logged in a separate platform. With Mavenlink we are able to better track all of these items quickly and reliably.

Mavenlink review by <span>Grace K.</span>
Grace K.

"Great for efficient project management"

What do you like best?

Project management, ease of use, interface. The support is pretty quick as well. It was nice that we had training sessions that came with our package.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is spotty. Sometimes we need more customizable reports and it's hard to either create or they are unavailable. I also wish they integrated with Slack easier. It would also be nice to get in-app notifications vs. emails.

We were using excel sheets for project allocation which made us very inefficient. As we grew as an agency, we knew we needed to move to a software. Mavenlink is great because it keeps all projects archivable. We can plan more efficiently and bill through it too!

Mavenlink review by <span>Devin J.</span>
Devin J.

"Just scratching the surface"

What do you like best?

I am a data junkie and I love the amount of granularity that you can get with Mavenlink with the unlimited tasks that you can put into a project. I also like having the ability to control what other team members can bill time too. It really helps in keeping things consistent regardless of who is managing a project.

I also like their streamlined approach that they have with their project templates. I can put a placeholder for assignments and then select a person that will fit that place holder and they are automatically assigned to those tasks when we start the project.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I think could be greatly improved upon such as the timer and being able to attach documents to templates. However, while these features may not be the best, they are far better than most of the competition that I have seen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options out there but I would encourage you to put Mavenlink in your top 3 and compare them to the other "best" solutions and they will most likely compete or exceed all the features other project management solutions provide.

We are solving project transparency with upper management, proper utilization of team members, and our lack of communication on projects to all stakeholders. We tend to only tell a few people on a project and then wonder why everyone isn't on the same page.

We are still in the implementation phase of Mavenlink and have not officially rolled it out to our entire company but we are already realizing how an excellent project management software can provide unity among all of our departments.

Mavenlink review by Internal Consultant in Think Tanks
Internal Consultant in Think Tanks

"A learning experience!"

What do you like best?

The interface is great, it's not overwhelming visually and just very simple, like operating an iPhone. Also, once you learn how a feature works like timesheets or allocating hours, I don't forget it if I don't use it. I've never used a product that I didn't forget how to use a feature if I didn't practice using it immediately. I give them major kudos for setting it up in such a way that you can easily navigate and figure out what you need to do to accomplish your project management task.

What do you dislike?

Once you are shown how to do something it becomes intuitive - but initially Mavenlink is not that intuitive. It's difficult to figure out how to use certain features without going through a training. Even then, sometimes it was still difficult to figure out why you would use a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn it. It can be tough but they update constantly and they listen to your needs so that it is customized in a way that fits your project management style.

Project Management and time management has been a big issue at our company. This has helped us really be able to identify budgetary issues in real time so that everyone know what they are supposed to be billing and when. Also, it has given us a central place to post our deliverables so they people don't need to spend a ton of time digging through files to find a finished product. The last thing it has helped with is tracking where everyone is or where we have presented, etc. so that when final reporting time comes around it is easily accessible to see what events we did and how we spent the grant funding.

Mavenlink review by <span>Karissa C.</span>
Karissa C.

"My most favorite project management tool ever"

What do you like best?

The tool saves me a lot of time and helps me to more easily organize my several projects than ever before.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike about the tool

As a VP of Marketing and Account Strategy for a PR and Marketing agency in tech and telecom, I work with MANY companies on MANY projects, and this is by far my favorite project management tool I've worked with. It's easy to use, nice UI design, allows for super easy collaboration with my colleagues and freelance designers, and syncs with Google Drive. Working with several projects is much more enjoyable with a tool that allows you to so effortlessly organize and work more efficiently.

Mavenlink review by <span>Zach L.</span>
Zach L.

"Best Overall Project MGMT System Available"

What do you like best?

Our website design & marketing team was looking for a project management system that could handle simple communication between ourselves and clients, management of both simple and complex projects as well as management of project financials/budgets. After hours and hours of research, we found that Mavenlink was the only system available that could do all of the above. We've been very happy so far with Mavenlink and their development team's noticeably frequent improvements to it. We look forward to using it in the coming years and highly recommend it for teams that need to stay organized and possibly manage project financials as well.

UPDATE: Mavenlink has recently release a number of improvements, namely one that drastically improves cost-tracking on Fixed-Fee task types. This is incredible for us to progressively track labor cost on items we charge a fixed amount for. Excited!

What do you dislike?

Very little. The only hurdle we've had so far is that we are forced to use a separate system to handle our invoicing (due to our industry/billing needs) and Mavenlink is built to use either their inbuilt invoicing system and/or Quickbooks as the basis for invoice management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are systems out there that are more cost effective for those just starting our in project management, but if your company's needs for organization, delegation and project tracking are beginning to increase, Mavenlink should be the first consideration over some of the other enterprise solutions like Wrike (which has no financial management at all).

We have solved many of our organizational problems and Mavenlink has smoothed out the process of acquiring assets from clients to keep projects moving. It has also simplified the process of having contractors clock billable time and given me useful tools for running time reports, etc.

Mavenlink review by <span>Kendra S.</span>
Kendra S.

"Great System for Project Transparency and Communication"

What do you like best?

We've been using Mavenlink since January 2016 and our entire staff loves it and is grateful to the move from our old system. Our team finds it easy to use and manage their tasks, our clients love it because all information regarding their Projects is in one place. We use it for resource allocation and task prioritization.

One of the largest benefits of moving to MavenLink was the transparency in our communication with our clients. The tasks allow them to see what is going on, on a day-to-day basis with their Projects and support requests. They are able to communication with our team and all the information is in one place so it's easy to find and reference. We've also started sending our weekly reports to our clients, letting them know how much time was spent and which tasks were completed.

Also, the management team is sent a daily digest of all comments and activity done throughout the day. It's an amazing option for us, we aren't bombarded with hundreds of emails but we are still being kept up to date on what is happening with each of our clients.

What do you dislike?

MavenLink falls short when it comes to updating and understanding the status of various tasks. You cannot customize the status options to fit your work flow, they are set in stone "" so it's not entirely helpful. Also, you can't say who is directly responsible for the task at any given moment. You might have 4-5 people assigned to the task because they need to be informed, but you don't know who is currently in charge of the task. For example, a developer might be assigned "fix the blog" once he/she completes the task it is sent back to the client to review, it would be great to say that the task is now assigned to the client for feedback.

The other thing that some find confusing is the activity feed. While it is helpful to have an overview page of all the activity on the Project, people are allowed to post comments without tying it to a task, which means that many questions or requests are either overlooked or lost. Make sure you train your team (and your clients) so that they get into the habit of linking every single comment to a task, it helps with organization and eliminates confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around and make sure you find the right fit for your company, not just based on how you currently operate but also on how you want to do so. Mavenlink is not a great system for an older crowd, they tend to get confused with the activity feed and it's not as intuitive for them. However, with a little training they will quickly see the benefit of using the System.

We've always struggled with resource allocation, task prioritization, and client communication. MavenLink is an extremely powerful tool and we're taken advantage of all its offerings little by little. We're looking forward to using the Gantt charts and know that will help us become more efficient and be able to identify holes in our schedule faster.

We've also had issues with understanding where a Project's budget is at any given time. MavenLink provides us with the insight we need to make sure all our Projects are on track and that our clients remain happy. If we are able to see that a Project is starting to go over budget we are able to talk to the Client before it becomes an issue. It goes a long way towards building and maintaining a long-lasting relationship with our clients.

Mavenlink review by <span>Kami R.</span>
Kami R.

"Recently Switched and Love It!"

What do you like best?

For us, the best features of Mavenlink are the resource allocation and custom reporting capabilities. Our team loves how easy it is to record their time. The user interface is very clean and modern and offers the ability to custom brand. We also love the Mavenlink customer service as well as the companies commitment to improving their product.

What do you dislike?

We have not found many issues with Mavenlink. I do wish that it had the ability to record hours as paid, as we sell prepaid services. Also, being able to set multiple rates for a single user would be very helpful. There has been a bit of a learning curve for some of our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product from a company that is constantly improving their product to meet their customers' needs.

Since we have just begun to use Mavenlink, we are not yet using it to it's full potential. Once we do, we know that this solution will allow us the ability to better forecast, view and increase project profitability, and offer increased reporting capabilities both internally and for our clients.

Mavenlink review by <span>Colson S.</span>
Colson S.

"Became valuable early and a great tool for continuous internal improvement"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. On boarding new employees into how we use basic functions is super easy.

What do you dislike?

Something that is great about Mavenlink is that the product evolves quickly. Sometimes the way you use a feature changes when you were not wanting it to. We have never had a case of the feature we use disappearing and usually the change is a positive one, but you have to be willing to evolve how you use the system to what the current structure is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine up to 3 core functions that your team can start using immediately that will make the investment move past break even and start to realize efficiency, then get an internal champion/change agent to come up with how to integrate more and more of your business process to utilize Mavenlink.

The two core functionalities that provide the most value to us:

Increased utilization of time

Improved organization and execution for internal teams.

Mavenlink review by <span>Jacqueline F.</span>
Jacqueline F.

"Mavenlink Rocks"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been using Mavenlink several years now. They are constantly updating and refining the platform in the right direction.

Communication, as mentioned above, was an issue around our projects. We have been long time Mavenlink users. Last year we tried weening off Mavenlink to move to a a more "franchise friendly" system. We quickly found the "franchise friendly" platform to be a big mistake, and decided to stick with Mavenlink!

"Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

There is a ton of flexibility and functionality with Mavenlink, from seeing tasks in list view or the option to use a Gantt view. Budgeting, tracking expenses, scheduling, time tracking, messaging, file transfer, etc - this is the most robust project management tool I've used to date.

What do you dislike?

With so much functionality and flexibility there are a lot of different ways to do the same thing which has caused confusion and inconsistencies with how everyone on our team uses the same features. Some constraints would be good, even if set by our own team's admin. Time-tracking and timesheets are clunky. I'd love to see some of the better services for this looked to as inspiration for how to improve.

We rarely use the file transfer feature because those files get lost - one spot where all files shared on a specific project (organized by task) would make it much more reliable OR even better create an integration with Dropbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a few people or one department on board first, sort out how you want to use the tool before onboarding the entire company. We have made a lot of changes to how we structure things and communicate within the application and rolling out these changes are a lot harder with more people. Sorting out the kinks with a small group will be beneficial.

In my role of Account Director at our marketing agency, I am less concerned with back office stuff and more into how I ensure people get assigned to and see the tasks that are in their queue. As a company that tries to not rely too heavily on email or slack for project communication, we have utilized the Active Assignee feature, creating a custom field on every task where we can enter a person's name. All team members keep a window open that is filtered to the tasks where they are Active Assignee to have a clear view of their queue at all times. A better system for this would be great - overall how do we get things done faster?

Mavenlink review by <span>Mohsin S.</span>
Mohsin S.

"Best management Software "

What do you like best?

All information is kept in one place and very easy to use. The UI design is very easy to use and makes tracking time easy. It saves a lot of time.

Gantt charts look very organized and task dependencies are handled amazingly

What do you dislike?

Professional: $39/month/user Is quite expensive for new startups

API integration is very difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please decrease the prices and extend Trial from 10 days to 15 days

The better functions are only available at the higher priced level

A lot of business problems regarding management, Sending invoices, Task dependencies and Team collaboration.

Mavenlink review by <span>Peter S.</span>
Peter S.

"President/COO"

What do you like best?

The templating feature is a game changer. As a process driven organization, we need an easy, fast way to build new projects while still capturing all of the necessary to dos. The template feature allows us to apply multiple templates to one project and then easily adjust the setup according to the unique demands of the project.

What do you dislike?

There is some inconsistency in the naming between Mavenlink and the Insights reporting. It's pretty easy to pick up on after a bit, but is confusing a first.

With Mavenlink we are able to visualize and plan our resource management (people) and build complex, comprehensive project plans quickly, accurately, and easily.

Mavenlink review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great for an in-house agency"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink combines all your project tracking needs into one easy to use software. This software has been one of the easiest to implement throughout our company and allows us to track departmental productivity and see how much we really accomplish in one month.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better app interface, right now the mobile application is a little hard to navigate. With a lot of our collaborators traveling it's not the easiest software for them to use via mobile or tablet.

We use Mavenlink for tracking all our agencies projects. This ranges from product development to in-store launch and all the collateral that goes along with it. This software helps greatly with tracking multiple on-going projects and everyone's tasks in said projects.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Director, Operations"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is flexible. We choose to be more rigorous in our project management practices but you don't have to be. When I am asked to "make it work this way", I usually can.

What do you dislike?

There is a 2 hour timelag between Mavenlink and Insights (for them to run ETL). It is a inconvenience when I want to test something right away. The issue is minor..

I would like a Post Only permission so that clients invited to the project can not change the project plan. This is on the product roadmap

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink is a system that needs to be fed data. Make sure that you are ready to do that.

Lots of Excel, Lots of Email and difficulty reporting overall project status. We feel like we have corrected those issues. Now we are focused on improving the process and codifying the changes in our Mavenlink templates.

Mavenlink review by <span>Josh C.</span>
Josh C.

"Well Thought Out, Lots of Potential"

What do you like best?

Power-user features like dependent tasks, start and due dates, Gantt charts, time tracking - there are lots of features all integrated into a single interface, so I don't have to cobble together the features I need from several different services.

What do you dislike?

Some puzzling choices like no copy/paste of tasks and some UI choices like launching new tabs for everything. No warnings on exiting a tab without saving means you could potentially loose entered info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it before dismissing it - it's very well considered and the development team are receptive to feature suggestions while still providing a clear sense of direction.

Getting everyone in the company on the same page and collecting discussions about products and decisions in one place.

Mavenlink review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Robust Project Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily create projects by making templates. You can also track every aspect of a project from tasks, to deliverable, to milestones. And you can mark the status of each and the progress. There's so much data to see. You're also able to easily modify projects by adding/removing tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it runs slow on my work laptop. If they could find a way to make it lighter weight, it'd be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All of the feedback I've already mentioned pertains to this. If you want a great project management solution, Mavenlink is the key. Also, the support team is very helpful and is always providing updates.

Resource planning, project timeline monitoring, expense tracking, time management

Mavenlink review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

"Fantastic organizational program!"

What do you like best?

It's wonderful to never have to click through an excessive series of tabs to find what I need. Quick and simple speed to tools to keep hours and tasks logged.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good! Made an amazing first impression and hasn't dipped from that since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any need for visual representation for organizational purposes; get Mavenlink!

Keeping a clear tracking of time has made a world of difference in our company. With Mavenlink, it's a breeze to log tasks!

Mavenlink review by <span>Thomas H.</span>
Thomas H.

"Call me a Mavenlink evangelist"

What do you like best?

Excellent built-in reporting, easy to set up for all members of the team. Does a great job with task, project, and role-level budgeting and financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't retain customized views in the Gantt mode. Resource planning is good, but not quite there yet in terms of plotting multiple concurrent and projected engagements at the role level - but they're working on it. Converting estimated hours to scheduled hours works, but isn't as effortless as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to examine your workflows and task management - you'll want to run a balance between the detail and granularity in tasks with your ability to manage large numbers of tasks across a large number of projects.

Also, be sure to very clearly communicate your tailored defaults to everyone who sets up projects - e.g., whether you're a T&M shop, Fixed Fee, or do both depending on the client engagement. Everyone should be clear on what's billable and what's not, etc.

We use Mavenlink to manage dozens of concurrent project engagements across a number of development teams. I appreciate the elegance of the UI, the ease with which we were able to implement it in our organization, the flexibility and built-in reporting capabilities of the core product. Rate cards and financials integration is well done, and resource planning continues to be improved with intelligent updates. I highly recommend the Business Insights add-on; the extended reporting capabilities are well-thought-out.

As important as the product capabilities are, the staff at Mavenlink are superb - Our Client Success rep is communicative, super-responsive and was exceptionally helpful when we cut over from our old tools for time tracking and task management.

Mavenlink review by <span>LeAnn K.</span>
LeAnn K.

"Love Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

There is so much that I like. Being able to email information to a project activity wall is stellar, seeing the burn rate against a project is amazing for real time budget updates, and the inter-office communication and project file tracking is unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

There are minor bugs that I would love to see fixed. For example, it would be great to open a client name and have a list of projects show up within that can be easily linked off to. Currently, the group view only gives a long list without any abilities to navigate within.

Having real time visibility to the burn rate has helped us see much earlier if/when a project will go over budget so we can address is correctly rather than find out after it is too late.

Mavenlink review by <span>John L.</span>
John L.

"Animation company upgrade"

What do you like best?

I love the paper trail that everyone can see. Sometimes with emails, things get lost or 100 replies in you forget who said what and when but with mavenlink there is that perfect record of every message every sign off every single piece of content submitted though the portal so for record keeping, and holding team and clients responsible it is an ideal solution.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the budget feature once someone has paid their commissioning invoice it looks as if you have used up half your budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look into the budget when someone pays a commissioning invoice and how it makes your project suddenly look like you have burned through half the budget. It really is a quick way to stress your MD.

Communication was the biggest problem and time keeping when it came to the creative team. Now with the stopwatch feature there is no excuse it is simple and easy for everyone to implement.

Mavenlink review by <span>Frank Z.</span>
Frank Z.

"Probably the best project management tool out there that works with Google Apps"

What do you like best?

overall the ease of use and collaboration tools that it has. The fact that you can have all your tasks and templates preset and then assign to team members and work together on small and large groups and huge projects.

What do you dislike?

Not much I can pick that I don't like, I feel that their ongoing updates and improvements have been amazing over the last 2-3 years which has pushed them past their competitors in the market.

We manage over 100 projects at given time in our company and this is the tool that runs those projects. The fact that you can upload images, forward emails, assign tasks and keep track of so many jobs at the same time is great.

Mavenlink review by <span>Matt W.</span>
Matt W.

"Highly adaptable PSA and project management tool"

What do you like best?

The Mavenlink support team we are working with is very responsive and able to help us sort through not only best practices but how to potentially customize the tool to better suit our particular business needs.

What do you dislike?

The day based scheduling doesn't fit our business process very well. It would be a lot easier if we could just forecast at the week level.

Prior to moving to Mavenlink, we were using several different tools for time entry, resource scheduling, and task tracking. Mavenlink lets us combine all these activities under a single platform, reducing our support requirements and simplifying our internal operations, allowing our team to focus on delivery outstanding results for our clients.

Mavenlink review by <span>Liz S.</span>
Liz S.

"Settling in after 3 months on Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly see what hours are assigned to me in any given week

What do you dislike?

Taxonomy is confusing. When I'm ready to submit my time, or go to a past timesheet, I can never remember if I need "Timesheets" or "Time Entries" -- those terms are nearly synonymous.

I also cannot see the time assigned to my coworkers. Yes, I can start a chat with them to find out; it would be better if I could take a quick glance at a chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask EVERY type of user what they will need Mavenlink to do, BEFORE configuration and implemention.

Mavenlink hasn't completely done away with our need to manually assign hours on a weekly basis. However, it is making things MUCH easier when billing our clients for hours per project, which was a huge need.

Mavenlink review by <span>Carlton R. S.</span>
Carlton R. S.

"A very solid project management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the UI of Mavenlink -- there's something about being logged into it that just makes me feel ... relaxed and like I am getting things under control. I use it with clients and they normally can pick up using it with no problems at all. I also appreciate the fact that I can brand my portal for clients.

What do you dislike?

The process of adding new users and setting their permissions was a little confusing for me personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink has a little bit of a learning curve compared to other project management tools, but it's certainly worth the time and effort. There are also lots of very helpful Mavenlink University videos -- the company is very committed to making it a fine product.

I am using Mavenlink to stay on top of deadlines, client projects, and track activities with both clients and freelance contractors.

Mavenlink review by <span>Tony M.</span>
Tony M.

"Great application. In desperate need of mobile app."

What do you like best?

I found it very easy to set up projects and timelines. The ability to quickly update a project and add time spent. It was easy to get a quick overview of all projects and see recent activity.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside to this application is the lack of a mobile app. The mobile version of this site was terrible to use! Navigation on a desktop was pretty good, but could be improved. Some pages, like Gantt charts, looked different and didn't allow you to navigate back to the project page the same way other pages did. I also wish it had better integration capabilities. We were looking for more functionality with Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer Support was fantastic. We ran into a few system limitations during our implementation, but the technical team was very responsive to our input. They were able to quickly add a few items we needed. The system was continuously being updated with additional features.

Managing long projects with a large group of individuals and the ability to track time against a project down to the task level.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Fabulous Support at Mavenlink "

What do you like best?

Mavenlink offer a fabulous support team and structure. this has provided much comfort to our team and allowed us to setup the system in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in project management which are not desirable but the consolidation of data and improvements in all other areas makes up for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink are continually growing and developing their product in the right direction. the support offered is fantastic.

Consolidation of systems

consistent reporting

data analysis

we are able to review profit margins, address resourcing constraints and make people accountable.

Mavenlink review by <span>Spence H.</span>
Spence H.

"Simpler and more efficient that most other options"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is pretty simple for people to use and understand. Some of the competitors are so complex that it is virtually impossible to ever implement them fully.

What do you dislike?

There are some fundamental features that are missing that have kept us from fully implementing the software. We also contracted to have custom feature added (recurring projects) and a year later it still isn't working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check really carefully to make sure Mavenlink will adapt to your production process, don't assume. This is probably good advice for any software though!

We implemented Mavenlink to streamline the production, scheduling and billing process in our marketing company. It's been good for general project management and keeping up with what still needs to be done on projects. However, we're still not had much luck implementing it for resource scheduling.

Mavenlink review by <span>Chris B.</span>
Chris B.

"An intuitive, flexible and comprehensive offering! "

What do you like best?

The folks at Mavenlink have clearly thought every possible eventuality faced by a user on their platform – most of the time, it's a bit like they're in your head and understand what you want to do. Which is nice – the product allows me to track time in multiple ways, and I don't feel too restricted.

Editing time entries is also quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Though the demo videos/webinars provided by Mavenlink are helpful, there aren't any guided walkthroughs for when you use the system as a new user. So if you don't put in the time and effort to find your way around, this could be off-putting (at least for some). Little hints, tips, and highlights of things easily missed could be really helpful, especially as (for some new users) there's already a lot of information to digest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time getting to know your way around the platform, and the rest will fall into place. If you don't, you won't be getting the most out of your investment.

As en end-user (and not an admin user for our agency), Mavenlink helps me stay on top of my deliverables, timeframes and deadlines – the automated email notifications only improve on this. It does this much more effectively than other software we've tried in the past.

Mavenlink review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is great for being able to see all of my projects in one place, and I also really like that anyone on my team can easily stay up to date on where things stand. Also, time tracking is great - very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot easily export my list of tasks in a way that is easy to read. The excel data dump is difficult, as it requires that I format/sort the data every time I export, which is daily. Not convenient at all.

Mavenlink has helped bring all of our projects together in one place so that any team member can easily see what items are due and can communicate easily about the project. It's been helpful to have a central repository.

Mavenlink review by User

"Excellent Visibility and makes collaborating easy"

What do you like best?

Task Tracker makes it easy to keep track of deadlines, hold stakeholders accountable for their tasks, and allows visibility if someone else needs to step in and help with the project.

What do you dislike?

Adding or downloading multiple files to a task at once from an issue can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Custom Reports are amazing to use as well as the integration with SalesForce.

Visibility between projects. Setting templates to have a uniform process. Easy to help others with projects since you can see what has been happening and where the project stands. Great help for onboarding new employees as the templates standardize the process.

Mavenlink review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"Project Management Software "

What do you like best?

The UI design is very easy to use and makes tracking time easy. This tool saves me a lot of time and it is a great way to share the tasks I am working on with the team.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything negative I have to say.

It is a great way to see how many billable/non billable hours I have spent. You can also see which projects you are spending most of your time on.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Mavenlink took the 'gut' feel out of project management and gave me real metrics"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is integrated. Time entry, scheduling, estimates all flow into resourcing to see if you're over or underallocated and also flow into a variety of very useful insight reports. And if the reports that are offered aren't quite right, you can pretty easily create your own custom insights report. Then when it comes to billing, you are able to review and approve (lock) time entries so it's not a constantly moving target with some team member trying to stick in a few hours from a few weeks ago. More accurate financials, a quick view to availability and performance based on utilization with some notification features built in to take the conversation off of email and to put it around the project task, where it should be.

What do you dislike?

I like the general direction the Gantt charts are going, but the functionality isn't quite fully there. It looks like they may have purchased a third-party solution so there are some features which they may not be able to easily implement. The fine tuning of a Gantt chart, e.g. setting multiple predecessors for a single task, doesn't yet exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial of Mavenlink and pilot on one actual project to see how your company will address your needs within the system. That will call out any possible holes and/or allow you the opportunity to speak with the salesperson to understand HOW to use the tool to fit your needs, all at no risk. Always try before you buy.

I now have insight as to how busy my team is. Rather than them heads down on the computer looking stressed, I can see how they're tracking their time, if it's billable, and if not, should it be. I can have direct impact on the bottom line by identifying opportunities to fill current needs with available resources. Plus, I am able to pretty effectively forecast Estimate at Completion which helps us get ahead of the game on our budget before overspending and then having to have the tough conversation with the client. And I do appreciate the rate at which they are rolling out new features, it's not a sign and swim product, the service has been outstanding.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Quality Project Management Software with a Commitment to Continuous Improvement"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely easy to use for not only for project managers, but also for the product team. Our account team has easy access to all financial information and can manage account planning based on how we are trending on projects. On top of the ease of use, Mavenlink is constantly reinvesting in their product by rolling out regular updates and offer many additional training opportunities for project managers and administrators.

What do you dislike?

There isn't yet the ability to schedule recurring tasks, which means that those things need to be added manually. There are also some other features with scheduling and planning that are a little cumbersome (i.e. no easy way to get to other users' weekly schedule, master planning is not great for a more micro view of a week, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We reviewed upwards of 15 project management software products. All products have very similar feature sets, but Mavenlink really stood out with their commitment to continuously improving their product and soliciting feedback from users.

We needed a project management solution that allowed for assigning complex digital project across our team. We struggled through many manual systems previously that did not provide adequate resource management and forecasting, visibility of schedules across projects, real-time project burn, etc.

Mavenlink review by Consultant

"Gives me the tools to track my team's time and cost for each project."

What do you like best?

I like the custom reports that I can generate. Also the ability to create and send invoices, keep track of budgets and the easy way for inviting clients to collaborate.

What do you dislike?

Adoption is sometimes slow for new team members. It's not the easiest software to learn, but once you get there, there is a lot that can be accomplished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software can handled all of you operations needs and the software is updated constantly so it grows with you and can help you grow.

Visibility into the projects and how they are performing in terms of profit margins. Major benefit is it allows me to learn and to adjust teams as needed.

Mavenlink review by <span>Ashton U.</span>
Ashton U.

"Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

I love the resource scheduling features. The latest enhancements include gantt chart updates (drag and drop), scheduling resources at capacity (can measure variable work weeks) , and EAC costing models. The utilization reports are a life-saver! Love the Master Planning filters also.

What do you dislike?

The new projects screen is not the best page to maneuver; page does not hold number of lines returned; though the filters have improved. On the task tracker, issues are not fully separated from tasks and that can make things messy. The task filters also are lacking in the project; cannot filter tasks by owner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love this software! They are constantly improving and I love the roap map.

Much easier to forecast income and availability, resource availability, etc. Provides much needed transparency into business analytics.

Mavenlink review by <span>David P.</span>
David P.

"President"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is pretty awesome! The tool itself covers a wide array of what our company needs on a daily basis: from project management to billing integration with our Quickbooks. Not sure what people are talking about when it comes customer service as you can get ahold of chat service within seconds any day or time of the week.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit pricey, and is missing some Kanban style or other more productive ways to schedule tasks each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kanban and other approaches to organizing to-dos. Bring in Retainers as an option to burn through. Bring in Contacts for basic CRM. Lastly, update that mobile app!!

Project & billing managment

Mavenlink review by <span>Dominique A.</span>
Dominique A.

"need for a complete managing and reporting tool"

What do you like best?

I liked the best : the ease of use and the build-in reports

What do you dislike?

The tool is sometimes too precise, but the product evolves regularly in a good direction

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried several solutions on the market but it is the only one I found that does all from planning to reporting.

I am using Mavenlink to follow-up times and budget spent, and also to organize production

Mavenlink review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Fabulous for Keeping Track of Projects and Budgets; a Little Clunky"

What do you like best?

I like that Mavenlink is an easy time tracker. As a project manager who has many clients that are hourly, it's nice to send all my team members to Mavenlink to track their time. Then I can pull how much time was spent on that client, how much money was spent, as well as finer details like what my team did.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are a few features that I feel could be built in a better way. But they are all small complaints – just things that would make the user experience better. If someone was going to add time to a project but halfway through they realized they needed a new task, they'd have to backtrack and go to a different section to add a new task – kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other time tracking software, but in my experience, Mavenlink is the easiest to use.

For hourly clients, we're now able to pull reports quickly from Mavenlink and tell them exactly what we worked on down to the task and minute. It's nice to give clients that granular details so they know where their money is going.

Mavenlink review by <span>Steven B.</span>
Steven B.

"Upgraded from basecamp to mavenlink and have become more efficient/profitable "

What do you like best?

The best part of Mavenlink is that when it is utilized fully, it helps our business measure valuable metrics for our resources and efficiencies.

What do you dislike?

Mavenlink has far more abilities than simple project management apps like basecamp and therefore in inherently more complex, therefore takes more training and planning to use it well. However, our team picked it up quickly and everyone was fully-comfortable and happy with the app within a week. We can train new staff on Mavenlink on their first day typically.

All agency's function a little bit differently depending on how they serve clients, and finding a tool that can help keep a busy agency on track and efficent is difficult. Mavenlink has helped our team understand the tasks that need to be done day-in-and-out and also helps management plan for resources and report on budgets/deadlines.

Mavenlink review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Happy with Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

The platform is user friendly and allows both the agency and the client to collaborate and track progress of a project. The layout and navigation of the platform is wonderful compared to other platforms I've used and/or trialed.

What do you dislike?

The integration with quickbooks online is a bit clunky when working with multi-currencies and currently you will need to create workarounds for Mavenlink timesheet data to be tracked appropriately into quickbooks.

Reporting could also be more user friendly but all needed data can be reported on if you take the time to create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase the extra on boarding support. It's well worth it.

We are now able to appropriately track progress of our projects and report this progress to our client. We can now track time and effort of our contractors per project/client and better understand margins.

Mavenlink review by <span>Eric V.</span>
Eric V.

"Great tool for an Agency Environment!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Mavenlink now for the past year and have been very impressed with it's diverse capabilities to manage projects. Mavenlink has a strong framework to set up and manage projects including and simple structuring of Milestones/Deliverables/Tasks with integrated budgets, time tracking, burndowns, budgets, gantt charts and resource scheduling.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is sometimes a little challenging. Resource scheduling could be simplified with a framework similar to Float.com. However, ML has been great at taking input from users and is always updating their platform based on the feedback we provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely. Mavenlink can be used in the simplest of forms, basic project management, or it can be used to structure cross functional teams into a cohesive group and provide the administration with backend report and financial data needed to manage the project for a cost accounting perspective.

Our Agency has been able to streamline a group of integrated teams into a well structured project management tool. It's helped to track our progress in 50-100 ongoing projects at a time. We can better monitor budgets and burndown as well as schedule the team using a strong resource planning tool. We are better organized and informed as a result of using the tool for the past year.

Mavenlink review by <span>Tom K.</span>
Tom K.

"Mavenlink has been great"

What do you like best?

I have successfully developed and rolled out a group P&L with Mavenlink - AgilOne Services never had this before. Time entry is easy, and the Salesforce integration is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Mavenlink is slightly better at reporting on Time & Materials engagements rather than Fixed Fee engagements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and set up. I would buy Mavenlink again.

Team P&L, Services revenue recognition, engagement profitability tracking, team utilization tracking, customer time reporting and tracking, collaboration with external teams.

Mavenlink review by <span>Amir D.</span>
Amir D.

"Great project managent tool!"

What do you like best?

User-friendly environment.

Great time tracking and management tools.

What do you dislike?

I would like direct access to Dropbox the same as currently available to Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least give it a try. You will most likely to love it! Mavenlink is not just our PSA vendor, they are our partner for project and resource management, and they exceeded our expectations at almost every step along the way.

Time tracking and financial analysis.

Mavenlink review by <span>Andrew J.</span>
Andrew J.

"Great way to collaborate with your team!"

What do you like best?

I feel like the layout of the website is very easy to use and seems almost familiar when using and planning. We use all the features such as task tracker and time and expenses.

What do you dislike?

Personally I can not think of anything that I do not like about Mavenlink. Has been a real help for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink is a very helpful program that will help your team move forward and more quickly in the direction you are heading!

Mavenlink helps us by easily assigning who is doing what task and when it is due.

Mavenlink review by <span>Travis A.</span>
Travis A.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Great Amount of features aimed at agencies.

What do you dislike?

Crappy resource allocation methods. I Really needed some more focus on better resource allocation. Make it easier to schedule from a to down approach and make it WAY easier for PM's to change people on there fly vs having to go into each task in each project

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and covers 90% of the basis. Needs focus on core features before rolling out new ones. Focus on resource allocation and making it super easy for project managers. Take ideas from work front for ease of allocating people

Project management at a design agency. The ability to keep all project details contained within projects is great

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Project Management done right!"

What do you like best?

The user interface allows for easy adoptability. I teach our clients how to navigate around this platform and everyones loves it!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better dedicated mobile experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence you should talk to them to setup a demo and make sure they have all of the features you need.

In our case, it really helps our franchisees stay on track and have a birds eye view of everything that needs to be done.

We are allowing our clients to easily keep track of the status of their locations as we work towards opening them.

This proves to be very beneficial because they always know exactly how close they are to opening.

Mavenlink review by <span>Alexis L.</span>
Alexis L.

"Great tool for managing projects and scaling bussiness"

What do you like best?

The ability to track multiple projects in a uniformed fashion in one system makes it great for a faced pace business. The templates allow for easy project management and consistent data. I also love the custom fields which allow us to track company specific data points.

What do you dislike?

Would like more useful resourcing tool that tracks time as well as has a visual element for scheduling resources.

Solves issue of tracking multiple projects at different stages in the production pipeline. Houses data to be analyzed through exports.

Mavenlink review by <span>Ryan H.</span>
Ryan H.

"Man Made Music using Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink has streamlined our overall operations and provides amazing BI! The learnings allow us to be proactive not reactive.

What do you dislike?

Better way to track stages, better admin dashboard that showed the progress of all projects. Resource management is cool and we use it but doesn't work that well for our use case. Wish we could make custom fields and tweaks to better serve our use case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Game changer.

Project Management, Time Management, Budget Management, Insights

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Mavenlink Review"

What do you like best?

I really like the activity feed function and workspace replies via email. I don't always have time to log into Mavenlink from my browser and knowing that I can receive an email notification, respond from my phone or Outlook saves me a lot of time. Mavenlink is continuing to grow their product and the team is very open to listening to feedback and incorporating it into their backlog. I really like the NetSuite Integration that I'm currently testing. The training team and Mavenlink Academy is very useful and easy to navigate. My implementation team and account manager were very professional and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

During implementation, I felt that sometimes my implementation team couldn't find a solution to fit our needs. Sometimes the answers were that's just how the system work. I would prefer to have the system be more customized to our needs. I'm not able to copy and paste tasks or link the tasks in one easy motion (i.e. In MS Project, you can select all the tasks needing to be dependent and hit F2 and it does it for you or you can copy and paste tasks easily). With the gnatt chart, I can't save my customized view. It reloads at the standard view and it's time consuming to customize my view every time.

Increase work efficiency and productivity. Provide flexibility in assigning and receiving assigned tasks and projects. Provide transparency and clear expectations of work. Increase accountability of work performance. Help employees and the department become proactive at planning than reactive. Increase cross functional communication and collaboration amongst teams and locations. Provide greater remote capabilities. Provide automated review and approval processes. Consolidate company applications with integrations. Reduce budget expenses. Increase visibility to department and employee utilization rate per project and department.

Mavenlink review by <span>★ Robert N.</span>
★ Robert N.

"Awesome for management, could be struggling fot stuff."

What do you like best?

Mavelink supports complex business management and gives information about almost everything.

What do you dislike?

UX.

Continual development should help the system to be user-friendly for the daily users...

We can see effectivity of both our consultants and the projects in a second.

Mavenlink combines traffic management accross all our projects which solves effective utilisation of our sources. Financial insights complete the picture of our business.

Mavenlink review by <span>Patrick S.</span>
Patrick S.

"Decent, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

There are solid features, like task assignment and integration with invoicing softwares

What do you dislike?

The ability to customize views & dashboards, and get a global view of what's in the pipeline is drastically missing. Though, they are constantly improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thoroughly think through your needs and work flow before jumping in. Robust in features, but the UI and options for viewing leave much to be desired.

We use Mavenlink to manage our projects for clients, and coordinate with team members. Primarily, we use it to share files and have a record of progress.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Mavenlink is an Integral Part of My Business Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to communicate with my clients in a manner that helps us to stay on track; provide timely responses; keep data at hand, and forecast effectively when a change occurs. Not to mention ease of billing.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything in particular. I appreciate the fact that there are thorough tutorials available and the chat feature is especially helpful. At times when I've needed assistance, I have felt that the support tools were adequate and resolved my concerns in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tested a number of other products before settling on Mavenlink. For the needs of me and my clients, I like to utilize the platform and have felt well supported. Additionally, it's an easy platform to train my clients to utilize. They find it really helpful and fulfills my needs while working with them.

Project organization and accountability are the problems that are best solved for my business. It's extremely helpful to keep track of emails and documents. Also, to be able to reference those materials in a timely fashion and in one place where everyone has access.

Mavenlink review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Takes Time to Learn, Beneficial in the End"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to see where my colleagues are in the progress of our company projects. Especially working across two offices (as an ad agency) Mavenlink keeps all of our communication and versions of various ads and things in one place. The product also helps us to track our progress and the steps it requires create an archived "timeline," essentially, that we can refer back to at any time if need be.

What do you dislike?

I was originally skeptical of Mavenlink, as it seemed to have too many bells and whistles for what our agency needed and was using. To me, we could refine our communication and project management processes by virtue of improving how often and to what specificity we talked with each other. Now that I've gotten the hang of using Mavenlink, I do think it helps us stay on the same page....however....it can be time consuming to learn and to use (adding in an extra step than the email, entry into our separate billing system that we already do).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time reviewing the help topics, video guides and any tutorials/webinars offered. Some of the help options Mavenlink support provides are quick and easy to review and understand, which doesn't put a huge block in what you're already doing.

We are solving lots of miscommunication problems, especially in cases where someone drops the ball and we have to go back and figure out where there was a lapse or an issue encountered. Mavenlink holds everyone accountable and allows communication to be tracked. Mavenlink's email alerts are also very helpful -- even when we're not using the Mavenlink dashboard directly, we can keep tabs on our projects and get brief, digestible updates about project status.

Mavenlink review by User

"My Mavenlink experience"

What do you like best?

The total ease of use. I had never used Mavenlink and was easily able to get into a project that had already been started and understand where to go from that point

What do you dislike?

It can get so detailed, it is hard to see everything within one project in a one-screen shot. But heck, I guess that's not so bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, does the organization for you, keeps track of everything, highly recommened.

It just makes project organization so easy. It keeps track of all the minute details

Mavenlink review by <span>Stacey B.</span>
Stacey B.

"Plusses and Minuses"

What do you like best?

The interface is great. Timesheets are super easy to use and log time. Gantt charts for project planning are awesome.

What do you dislike?

We chose Mavenlink because if its integration with Jira, but the integration has been faulty and required a lot of hands on work and back and forth with the Mavenlink team in order to get it working correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want basic task management with time tracking, invoicing, and resource planning then it is great. If you need integrations, more robust task details, and projects to impact one another then I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Project planning and time tracking are our core business challenges.

Mavenlink review by <span>Duncan M.</span>
Duncan M.

"Mavenlink Is Top Notch Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

I love how collaborative this platform is, whether you're working with people inside your office or overseas, Mavenlink integrates everyone seamlessly, so projects are on track, and on budget. In addition, over time you can begin to see trends in budget tracking or time tracking and start making better business decisions for pricing models of your services based on this knowledge. Finally this product is very reasonable priced, and one of the most comprehensive platforms out there for the price.

What do you dislike?

The platform does take a bit of time to setup, and even more time if you wish to take full advantage of the product. This is very much beneficial in certain situation and positions such as project manager, to see how projects are moving along at a glance, but for agencies with many moving parts and often quick/small fixes required, sometimes its impractical to use Mavenlink to track a task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is complex, with lots of a cool features you really need to play with to take full advantage of, like the gantt chart. The only condition to this is things need to be setup properly with start and end dates. If you're working with multiple partners, including off-site partners, this is a great way to stay on target and organized.

We are doing a better job of keeping to workback schedules and keeping projects on-budget. We also used this data to re-evaluate our core business services and pricing. Fantastic product for the price.

Mavenlink review by <span>Julie F.</span>
Julie F.

"Mavenlink changed our company! "

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is very user-friendly and made it really easy for us to introduce the software to our staff. All information is kept in one place, which makes information-sharing much easier and everyone on the project has a better and more realistic idea of timelines, deliverables, allocated time etc.

Thanks to its flexibility Mavenlink allowed us to keep our existing processes, and even encouraged us to look for more efficient ways in setting up projects and doing business.

The support and customer service has been excellent so far, so a big thank you to Vanessa! I also love that Mavenlink listens to its clients' feedback and uses their experience to improve the functionality.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Quickbooks UK is still very basic so therefore we can't really make any use of it at the moment. I also think the time tracking could be a bit simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I spent a lot of time setting searching for a project management tool that worked well within our company, gave us all the information we were looking for, was easy to work with, looked good and didn't force us to change our existing processes and ways of doing things. Mavenlink was the only software that even came close to our needs and since we started using it, it has really changed things around for our company. Thanks to all the information & insights that Mavenlink delivers, we are finally able to make decisions that are based on facts instead of gut feeling.

Mavenlink has really helped us to improve our time-keeping and get a better idea of the time our staff actually spends on completing tasks & deliverables. The financial overview in Insights has also proven to be very useful.

Mavenlink review by <span>Jay P.</span>
Jay P.

"Mavenlink Implementation"

What do you like best?

Collaboration and Visibility for resources planning across organization. Use of User Defined fields. Ability to create reports on the fly

What do you dislike?

Expense Process - Lack of Flexibility to approve, Lack or approval by entry in Time Entry. Ability to see unsubmitted time entries

Visibility with scheduling. Lack of reporting - Increase in ease to schedule resources

Mavenlink review by <span>Megan R.</span>
Megan R.

"Best Project Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the system. It's really user friendly and super easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

There are some small issues with the Gannt chart view but overall they are very minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink is highly recommended if you're looking for an easy to use tool to manage your projects and track budgets and profitability. The real-time reporting is by far the best feature. I've used other tools and really like Mavenlink the best, hands down. If you're looking for a tool, or are unhappy with your existing solution, you must try Mavenlink.

We really needed a tool that had real time reporting which Mavenlink really excels at. It cuts down on the manual work of providing project updates to upper management.

Mavenlink review by User in Computer Software

"Great service meets all our consulting team needs"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is easy for our team to use when they need to enter time. As the program manager, I am able to track all of our projects, and easily report to our management as well as our clients.

What do you dislike?

Some of the billing workflows are unnecessary and require workarounds and extra steps than should be necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy to use system that our team picked up quickly. It provides the insight I need as a program manager to give reports to my team, clients, and managers.

Project Management; project tracking, time tracking, billing

Mavenlink review by <span>Kyle P.</span>
Kyle P.

"MavenLink Review"

What do you like best?

I like the timekeeping features most about MVL.

What do you dislike?

The tool has a clunky interface, as well as most areas/terms having relatively non-intuitive names - definitely takes some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a bit to get used to (would say it's far from intuitive), but once mastered it gets the job done for sure.

Project & Program Management; benefits realized are we can actually combine the PM & Documentation tools we were using in the past into a single tool (MVL)

Mavenlink review by <span>Jodi J.</span>
Jodi J.

"They started out good for the price."

What do you like best?

Their Quickbooks integration...but you can always pull a time report too.

What do you dislike?

They started out good for the price. Now their customer service is subpar, their product has not evolved well, and they are charging more. Non-responsive, non-customizable dashboard. They lock you into a contract and quote user agreement when you question their changes and usability. Would never recommend to anyone.

Software now lags with updates and the interface now requires extra clicks that were not there before.

They have not perfected the basics before launching several other pieces of functionality.

They have also removed other functionality that we had been using: user project overview so you can see what projects users are on.

Current tasks view has been de-prioritized and now appears on the far right and smaller. Since their site is not responsive and the dashboard has fixed width columns, you now have to scroll to see your full task view on the dashboard.

The customer service team quotes policy and basically tells you that they can do what they want per their user agreement regardless of how it impacts your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have terrible support that reflects users being locked into contracts with them. They will quote user agreement when their interface changes are questioned. They raised the prices and are no longer delivering the same product.

Task tracking and employee productivity. It started off working well for us, then it started to become slower to use as updates were made. The benefits of using this product have disappeared for us and we are actively seeking a new solution.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

Its nice having a time tracking/invoicing/project management tool all in one - having the ability to customize items without having to pay special pricing or set up some additional acct is very handy. Most important we love how responsive the Mavenlink team is to feedback and pushing out fixes and updates. They happen almost weekly from little nuances to bigger items monthly. You don't have to wait an entire year for a feature enhancement that makes life so much easier. And the updates don't disrupt your world they are intuitive easy enhancements. Great team to work with especially Jacquie!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are bugs as with any product but the responsiveness is great when there is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to set the product up correctly this is critical in being successful. Use your resources with the teams at ML to help as they are very knowledgable and chances are someone else had the same scenario and they can make it easier on how you structure your items.

Time tracking integrated with invoicing and project management. Detailed visibility where people are spending time, being more efficient on client billable and not over producing.

Mavenlink review by <span>Ben W.</span>
Ben W.

"Always Know Your Team's Intake Capacities"

What do you like best?

The resource scheduling, profitability, and gantt charting tools

What do you dislike?

The learning curve could be a bit more approachable, but it's so intuitive that this really doesn't matter that much

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rest easy knowing that with Mavenlink, you can always have an accurate 30,000 ft view of your team's health and capacity any time you want it.

New business intake capacity, profitability awareness, scheduling complex timelines that utilize multiple creative teams. Our creatives know without clutter what their most important tasks for the day are, and Production knows via gantt overviews and in-depth custom metrics reporting what the productive health of the team is at any time.

"Efficient management software"

What do you like best?

Allows user to interact in a social media-esque. type of way. Tagging and using @name to interact with other team members is cool.

What do you dislike?

When timesheets are approved you get emails for every task even when the email settings are turned off to receive these.

My business uses Mavenlink as a tool to maintain tasks within projects that involve multiple people to work on them. I like the newsfeed of projects so it is easy to keep up with everything going on in the company.

Mavenlink review by <span>Don C.</span>
Don C.

"Mavenlink it at the top of the class!"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is THE first platform that I've used that has been able to be the hoy grail "All-in-one" solutions for Project/Resources planning & management, (think MS Project) internal and external project collaboration (think Basecamp). As an open source solution it integrates with Quickboooks, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Jira, and Salesforce which already used so it made this a perfect tool that helped fill in a lot of hols their competition have. Their Insights tool makes my life as the Director of Project Management a ton easier by easily allowing me to slice and dice the date necessary across various business units.

What do you dislike?

Right now the Google Calendar integrations is a little buggy so we can't use it as we we're expecting out of the box. It doesn't easily allow for Partial Payments from a client on an invoice, or easily allow one to pre-bill a client on a retainer with out possibly causing the data to get a little wonky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said earlier, I've tried a ton of tools, OpenAir, Workamajig, Basecamp, Central Desktop, & Collab, and this is by far the best tool I've used in the 18+ years of being in Project Management!

Resource allocation and planning was a nightmare before Mavenlink, this tool has been incredible in seeing % utilization by person, department, BU, etc. It works very similar to MS Project which I spent the last decade using (but much easier) and to the resource they get to see a weekly view of their work in one calendar "schedule" view which they love seeing versus looking at a gantt chart.

Mavenlink review by <span>Jordan W.</span>
Jordan W.

"Mavenlink has made our resourcing and project information easy to access."

What do you like best?

Resource Planning - In our research for a new Project Management and Resource Planning tool, Mavenlink was basically the only tool we came across that was taking Resource Planning seriously. Mavenlink has a very nice Master planning view either by project or by person where you can compare different projects and see capacity risks or opportunities. This has been a huge win for department leads and senior managers to have resourcing information so accessible and updating in real time.

Custom Reporting - Insights Custom Reporting has really let us capitalize on all the data Mavenlink is already storing for us. The out of the box reports are great but it gets even better when you can decide what you want your data to show you.

Partnership - From the beginning on our relationship with Mavenlink we have felt like a partner rather than a "sale". They constantly work with us for feedback on upcoming features and prioritize bugs when we log them.

What do you dislike?

There are some small usability issues that would make day-to-day activities more efficient but I know they have prioritized those recently. I would like like it if search parameters were managed via URL so a specific search could be linked/shared. This is only available in some searches.

We were looking for a tool that would make resource planning and project tracking information more standardized and accessible and Mavenlink has definitely helped us accomplish that and more. Now everyone knows where to look to see how long someone is assigned to a project or whether a project is running over or under budget. The visibility has been a huge win.

Mavenlink review by <span>Anthony D.</span>
Anthony D.

"Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

As an operations manager, I love the insights features. The ability to set up custom reports is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The invoicing system does not sync well with Quickbooks.

The ability to have time tracking, invoicing, master planning and more by project all in one place has made Mavenlink essential to our business model.

Mavenlink review by <span>Scott G.</span>
Scott G.

"Best in class project management system"

What do you like best?

Powerful project management with an excellent user experience. Reporting a standout - profitability analysis, utilisation and budget controls. Essential for any growing agency.

What do you dislike?

More workflow automation would be nice.

Mavenlink underpins my project management agency - profitability analysis, utilisation and project controls

Mavenlink review by <span>Nicole M.</span>
Nicole M.

"Good for project management"

What do you like best?

We use this primarily for project management. We haven't broken into the time sheets portion. But for project management, this is easy to use and provides excellent features, like the tasks and dashboard section.

What do you dislike?

There are some changes I'd like to see with the timeline section and the grid view. The timeline section needs to be easier to use and I wish I had the option to default to that view.

N/A

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Useful Project Management and Time Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

We use Mavenlink to keep track of projects, tasks, and billables. We use the invoicing feature to easily share billables with our bookkeeper.

What do you dislike?

We have both fixed fee and hourly rate project, but we always track our budget internally based on hours. A project set up in Mavenlink with fixed fee tasks can't track where we stand on budget by time. It only displays budget by % of fees invoiced.

Project management all in one space.

Mavenlink review by <span>Ricardo F.</span>
Ricardo F.

"5-Stars Resource Management Platform"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink's Master Planning and Insights tools. Alongside each other these tools take resource management and forecasting to a whole new level.

What do you dislike?

Front loaded set up process, while intensive, it is necessary to ensure the tool is setup for success.

Resource allocation and management. Through its Master Planning and Insights tools, we have gained deeper visibility into our current bandwidth as an organization, and are better equipped to forecast and estimate potential work.

Mavenlink review by <span>Juan M.</span>
Juan M.

"Simplified communication"

What do you like best?

What I like most is that communication workflow is streamlined by having it exist as part of the project workspace. When using other project management solutions such as Microsoft Project, the communication piece needs to be handled separately and it becomes difficult to relate communication threads to specific project tasks.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have some more support for managing tasks that are not related to projects. We supplement Mavenlink with a product from a different vendor to help fulfill this requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I first began using Mavenlink nearly 1 year ago, they have rolled out at least 10 + features. That's the best part of subscribing to software as a service providers ... the product is continuously being developed and made better.

Mavenlink helps us maintain visibility of the many ongoing projects and allows us to better prioritize the needs of the business. The time tracking module helps up keep track of where we are spending our time.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Project Management Tool and More"

What do you like best?

It allows me to manage my projects, track our time to the task level(both billable and not), track our expenses and report our metrics using a single tool. It integrates with QuickBooks so that we can continue to do our invoicing and employee management without issue.

What do you dislike?

It needs further improvement on how it tracks expenses but Mavenlink has been very helpful in bridging that gap while we wait for those enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and work your way into it.

We used to use 3 different applications and manually balanced across all of those tools. Now we are able to use one tool and Mavenlink keeps our budgets balanced and allows us to see what we are doing. It also allows all the users to have insight into their projects. We are a newer user so we are only beginning to see all of the benefits.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Mavenlink transforms the way we do business"

What do you like best?

Love the gantt charts and the UI is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Allow more than 5 levels of subtasks. We have tasks that require sometimes 8-10 subtasks.

We are using Mavenlink to manage our projects that involve multiple teams and stages of development. Many of these projects have over 500 tasks in each! The UI is intuitive and now we can communicate and visualize the lifecycle of each project and track progress. We used to do all this using Google office products and now that we transitioned everything to Mavenlink, we can operate so much more efficiently! Our team is so happy to have made the switch to Mavenlink.

The sales and support team have been outstanding. Greg and Alex spent the time to demo the product and answer all our questions. They didn't need to give us a "hard sell" as the product speaks for itself!

Mavenlink review by <span>Kasim A.</span>
Kasim A.

"Mavenlink is easily one of the best project management tools on the market"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink allows for full scope business management on top of individual project management. The tool is easily customized to suit specific needs, not just on a company level but project by project. We love the actual project work space. It strikes the perfect balance between ease of use and robust tool sets. You can use as much ore as little as you need and your use is customizable by project. For instance, the task tracking integrates seamlessly with the Gantt tool but both can be utilized independently of each other. The same is true for hourly tracking and expense reporting.

What do you dislike?

I wish the tool dealt with recurring processes a little more efficiently. At present we utilize project templates to accomplish our recurring project needs which is an effective workaround but not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend taking them up on the offer for a demo of the software. Once I was able to see it in action I immediately got really excited about what it could do for our organization. Don't be afraid to comparison shop either - Mavenlink holds up very well to competitive products. Once you see what else is out there Mavenlink becomes the very clear answer.

Resource management and utilization was a huge issue for us as a small agency. Mavenlink gives us clear visibility into how busy our resources are, how much work they can handle and when we need to start thinking about bringing on additional employees or contractors.

Task assignment and tracking is another huge point of risk for us that Mavenlink helps us to manage. Other PM tools manage tasks on a per-project basis. Mavenlink allows this as well but also allows a global task view so that you can see everything "at a glance". This helps us view tasks as they might relate to (or interfere with) other projects.

Mavenlink review by <span>Tim S.</span>
Tim S.

"Our Success with Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

Our favorite features of Mavenlink are:

The ability to allow our team to collaborate on projects,

Manage and schedule tasks and time per project and globally for our business,

The ability to integrate with Google Apps which are an integral part of our internal processes and our service offering to our clients,

The ability to sync with our accounting system for ease of billing.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that we would like to have as an added feature that is relative to our business is to be able to create recurring tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First understand what are your 'pain points'. with your existing system/processes. Then figure out if/how Mavenlink can help. Finally, explore the existing processes and data management in your business and see how Mavenlink and Google Apps can replace some of your processes (think out of the box!).

We now have a central tool to collect client notes, to do lists and time management across our entire organization. For a small business that is a BIG deal.

Mavenlink review by <span>Judd M.</span>
Judd M.

"Mavenlink is a great tool for agencies."

What do you like best?

Insight into what works and what doesn't is the best part of Mavenlink. While it has the communication features of any project management soft, the level of detail for reporting, utilization and efficiency makes it incredibly valuable for a small agency. The support is also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

As with any system, it's designed for a very specific type of client-firm interaction. While they are working on customization options, Mavenlink defines client interaction a certain way. It's too exposed for some people, for now. Also, you can't use it halfway. It's really an all or nothing commitment so be ready for big changes to your agency if you're thinking about using it.

Mavenlink provides efficiency, pipeline projections, hiring projections and insight into our agency so that we can actively make improvements, not just try to charge more for our work. Consolidation between other road-mapping, communication and planning tools just makes sense and has been possible with Mavenlink.

Mavenlink review by <span>Tiffany J.</span>
Tiffany J.

"Mavenlink Support"

What do you like best?

As a Project Manager, I'm so excited that our company recently started using Mavenlink. I'm still in the learning stages but can already tell that Mavenlink is going to save me so much time, an amazing amount of time. I can't wait to dive in and learn more.

The training that our Client Success manager has given us has been top notch. We have also successfully used live chat a number of times and when I submitted a support ticket for a question, the response time was very quick, the question was thoroughly answered and the follow up was quick and thoughtful.

Kudos Mavenlink! I'm so glad that our company found you.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes at this point and am looking forward to learning more and fully utilizing the product.

Time savings, project tracking details

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Director of Strategy"

What do you like best?

I think the user interface is very intuitive and flexible to adapt to the changing needs of an expanding geographically diverse business. Everything in this application is designed for scalability which will support our ongoing growth. The transparency and collaboration that occurs in the application is a great cultural shift from emails.

What do you dislike?

Some of the project permission functionality is a little frustrating as there is now easy way to add a user to a project and give them specific permissions.

The reporting functionality is incredibly efficient. Reports that would take us hours to complete manually through excel can now be seen online with the click of a button.

It is also automating some of our business processes.

Mavenlink review by <span>Tim P.</span>
Tim P.

"Mavenlink - one of the best and most usable business products"

What do you like best?

It does exactly what you expect it to do. As a Professional Services company it caters for our requirements exactly.

What do you dislike?

Work breakdown structure should stay as you last viewed it - this is being resolved in the new year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From all the latest project management systems we looked at Mavenlink looks to have been the best. All support questions have been responded to immediately and with clarity.

It does everything that I need really well - it is very collaborative and almost too inclusive at times! As with all products it has it quirkyness but so far when these have been clarified they become obvious.

I would strongly recommend a trial.

Delivering complex IT software development projects and invoicing both T&M and FP (time and expenses) with no issues. Big savings on time with regards to reporting and invoicing.

Mavenlink review by <span>Sara Jean K.</span>
Sara Jean K.

"Best Project Management Software Available"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very clean use interface and super flexible for me needs.

What do you dislike?

I've been using it for over a year and haven't had any issues.

Mavenlink consolidates everything. Having everything in one place (communication, time tracking, invoicing, etc.) is a real time saver.

Mavenlink review by <span>Johanna M.</span>
Johanna M.

"Easy implementation and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Out of the box reporting is very robust.

What do you dislike?

Ability to learn MAQL for custom reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn MAQL if possible for custom reporting. The time spent learning and configuring the tool can be rather high depending on the number of resources and historical projects that have to be included prior to deployment.

Centralized platform for resource planning, time entry, and reporting

Mavenlink review by <span>Tim M.</span>
Tim M.

"Mavenlink Drives Professional Services TIme and Resource tracking"

What do you like best?

The master planning board helps our team to plan for pipeline projects and schedule our commitments. While the time tracking and reporting is great, the integration with insights reporting is even better.

What do you dislike?

The consistency of the actions on the UI, some screens save automatically, where others do not. when opening resource scheduling the dates do not default to today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If reporting is your need, make sure you use insights as well

Time tracking, reporting and utilization !

Mavenlink review by <span>Bar (Bhargav) R.</span>
Bar (Bhargav) R.

"Helping us better track our projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

It has a very clean interface and is fairly straightforward and easy to use, It can also integrate with JIRA, which is very important for us. It generates great reports that offer a good high level overview of all our projects and tasks and does a good of visualizing our efforts.

Jacquie has also been very prompt at addressing our concerns and questions (I've had many!).

What do you dislike?

Since it is a new system and an evolving product, there are still some gaps in the offering and certain features missing. Also, the tutorials need updating,

We are using it to track our tasks and projects, particularly timelines and identify any risks. We are also using to plan future projects and see where we might be too thin with regards to personnel.