Mavenlink

Mavenlink offers a powerful combination of Project Management and Professional Services Automation (PSA) software for advanced project management, resource planning, collaboration, and financial management all in one place.

Work for Mavenlink?

Learning about Mavenlink?

Mavenlink Reviews

Ask Mavenlink a Question
Showing 186 Mavenlink reviews
Mavenlink review by Cindy W.
Cindy W.

"We use it everyday"

What do you like best?

I really like how well it organizes all of our projects. We can track our hours over one project, & each person can track their total hours over several projects. Writing invoices is extremely easy. "Your week ahead" is a very helpful tool. It makes it easy to keep all documents for a project in one place.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about it. You could probably make some aspects a little easier to use. It's one of our largest expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to track projects, keep all info for each project in a convenient location, track time &/or expenses, or compare different aspects of a project, then Mavenlink might be your answer.

Sharing project info across multiple users, which means each project is constantly up to date. Everyone involved in a project can post updates instantaneously. We can keep all of our documents for each project in one area.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mavenlink
Mavenlink review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"Create marketing campaigns easily and at the same time with multiple details"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create different templates to use them in the project you want. They have a lot of variety in that aspect.

You can view the project from multiple views, that is, you can continuously review the status of the project and add new features, functions or edit aspects that you consider relevant.

The personalized reports offer a great information, mainly the weekly reports are those that allow that the clients show to them of transparent form all the results obtained in the campaign of deep form, since in these reports they appear multiple details. This means that the communication with the client and the feedback is better and more transparent.

What do you dislike?

When there are several people working on a project, it is very difficult to see who is in charge of the project. You have to review comments and the specific task to find the person responsible for the project. This I think could be expedited to reduce the time.

On the other hand, if you want to take advantage of the program in its entirety you have to check the options and settings well. It has an intermediate learning curve and if you want to take advantage of all your creativity and all the tools of the platform it is convenient to review Mavenlink deeply and devote some time to learn correctly how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting your marketing campaigns to reach a greater number of customers means having software that helps you. Mavenlink allows you to have more knowledge about the campaign's profitability, the number of clients, to better understand your satisfaction and to review how each project is working individually or as a group. That's why I consider it a great tool to improve business marketing.

It has allowed me to visualize projects and marketing campaigns in a deeper way thanks to their personalized reports. When I do a new marketing campaign I look for profitability, but also get satisfaction in the client. With this tool, the way to better guide your campaign is simplified.

I also use Gantt diagrams a lot in the projects, since it allows me to visualize all the current projects as a group and also individually. Being able to see them in that more visual and schematic way allows me to better understand the details of each one.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Mavenlink review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Keeps us going 90 MPH"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink allows us to handle 20 clients and 100+ projects at a time with precision and collaboration. We value collaboration as an agency and Mavenlink keeps everyone informed and grants easy access to every document, image, video, design file, and more.

What do you dislike?

Mavenlink has a learning curve and takes time to get up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must have buy-in and 100% commitment from the top down. Without full immersion, it won't work for you. While this is true of any project management software, it is especially true of Mavenlink because of its learning curve BUT if you commit and persist, the benefits will overwhelm you. It's a turbo engine for your project management.

Tracking time is seamless when communicating about projects — the biggest advantage to Mavenlink. We have a better idea of how much time we are spending on each project. Mavenlink is like an MRI for our business.

Mavenlink review by Caitlin F.
Caitlin F.

"Best Project Management Tool I've Used"

What do you like best?

I love the collaboration aspect of Mavenlink. I can communicate quickly and effectively with my coworkers within each project so that things don't get lost in the shuffle. It's easy to navigate, create new templates, change due dates when priorities shift, and keep track of my to-do list of tasks. I've used several other PM tools at other creative jobs and I like Mavenlink the best.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't track any hours to an archived project. Sometimes we end up discussing it months later and I'd like to track the update in my time tracker tool but you can't access old projects that have been archived.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a useful tool for collaboration among team members within multiple projects.

When you just communicate via email, it's easy to lose track of what people need and when. In Mavenlink, everything is organized by due date and you get a feed of the most recently updated projects on your dashboard home page. For me, it's a valuable time management and project prioritization tool!

Mavenlink review by Tristan D.
Tristan D.

"The Facebook of Project Management platforms."

What do you like best?

The activity dashboard is the best part of Mavenlink. A feed that allows you to keep track of official communications and notes is perfect, plus it keeps clients involved. The API is also very strong and allows us to generate reports FAR beyond what is offered by Mavenlink. Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink.

What do you dislike?

The Gantt chart needs a lot of work. The interface is slow and clunky, plus it is not a great view for the executives and sponsors, visually speaking. The purpose of this chart is not really to "manage" the project, but instead show a high level overview of everything. There is currently no great way to show this to execs and sponsors. There needs to be a better mobile experience as well. We need a fully functional way to log time, complete tasks, post activity and generally manage projects from Android and iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the API and build your own insights dashboards.

Change Orders are a big business process that we solved by using Mavenlink. Approval and communication have been GREATLY streamlined! Before, we were managing change orders through written communication and supporting documentation, but now we are able to have the discussion in project meetings, then pass through the Change Order approval as a budget change and there is an affirmative action on their part. It's great!

Mavenlink review by Craig "Dodge" L.
Craig "Dodge" L.

"Used many, this one is the best"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. In running a project, it is intuitive and organized well. The software has a very impressive feature set, more so than the project management softwares I've used in the past. As an agency, we do many of the same things for multiple clients, so the project templates feature has been great to use over and over. This and other features are definitely improving our efficiency and saving us money - or at least allowing us more time to focus on the work itself. You can become a basic user pretty quickly and easily. The software is cloud-based, so it does not require installation, and updates automatically.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. There are maybe TOO MANY navigation features and paths. There is a lot to learn to become a power user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is on the high end of the price spectrum, in this space, but so far we feel like we are getting our money's worth.

Running projects for agency clients is our primary use of Mavenlink. It has good internal (agency only) and collaborative (agency + client) capabilities.

Mavenlink review by Kristen W.
Kristen W.

"LOVE THE ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTS!!"

What do you like best?

The flow charts that allow so many personalized options are unique and a life-saver. The time tracking options are also a big hit. The entire office is able to utilize multiple aspects of Mavenlink without any issue. The software is extremely user friendly and doesn't have all that added "fluff" that can get in the way at times.

What do you dislike?

Quite honestly, I cannot think of any negative aspects in reference to Mavenlink. It truly is simple to learn on your own. And it is so easy to implement as a single user or in a group setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of organizational visuals, time management analytics, and project planning metrics - this is the software you need to use!

Client work load and billing organization has become a breeze compared to what was utilized in the past.

Mavenlink review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"Mavenlink: Ode to a bogged down product"

What do you like best?

I honestly would say that Mavenlink is great at showing you task lists and the activity feed has had some considerable upgrade in the last year

What do you dislike?

I do honestly feel that this product is incredibly sluggish. The billing system is convoluted and the User Experience is in desperate need of some fine tuning. They only recently upgraded their comments section and you can't even edit a comment unless you click out of the task and go back to the activity feed. All in all the product just feels bloated and confused about what it truly wants to be. Billing is simply not a possibility right now because sending an invoice through the system is so painful

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better products out there, though we are still hardpressed to find an all in one solution.

We are attempting to solve our project management system by using a product that could easily show our developers their daily tasks without having to see information.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Unlock Meaningful Visibility to your Professional Services Organization "

What do you like best?

Mavenlink Insight's provide an easy solution to create reports and dashboards that focus the efforts of the entire services team on the right things. Ens users find the platform intuitive and easy to use, but robust enough to be a workhorse for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Insights is on a 1 hour delay for reporting and there is no workflow capability for reporting or the system. I would like the ability to have some workflow capabilities regarding notifications. Additionally, there is a limited web app, but it lacks functionality. A native web app would be very beneficial.

Mavenlink has helped us improve time tracking by 24% from our previous system and the Master Planning feature has improved our resource management capabilities. By using insights, we've also been able to improve the quality of our processes and practices significantly as well. We are just starting to realize our potential to improve our project margins with the platform.

Mavenlink review by Micquella A.
Micquella A.

"Great product, great supporting team"

What do you like best?

I like that we've put resource planning somewhere easily accessible for the whole company! Before Mavenlink, we used Microsoft Project for this, and it was no where near as easy-to-use as Mavenlink. Our Senior managers' feedback on resource planning in Mavenlink has been "I can't believe we used to do this another way!"

I also really like the support we've gotten from the Mavenlink team -- whether it's getting questions answered, prioritizing potential feature enhancements, or giving feedback on the product roadmap -- I always know that our voice will be heard and considered.

What do you dislike?

Some of the gaps in functionality for project planning have been a pain point, but we found workarounds and optimized our internal training program to help. As a project manager and one of our primary Mavenlink admins, I had a lot of feedback for Mavenlink on this subject, and they listened! I'm thrilled that there's some huge enhancements coming here! Even as-is though, it's definitely usable, flexible, and still much more accessible than having separate .mpps living all over a file system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be realistic about the size of your company and the complexity of your processes when planning your Mavenlink rollout. Consider your migration needs to in-flight projects and resourcing.

We're solving the problem of having disconnected project plans and resource planning. We're also getting a huge boost in our reporting ability on actual project hours compared to planned!

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Reporting is what I need"

What do you like best?

For me, it's important that I can access reporting for the company and there is a robust feature set around this. I am able to look at utilization, billable vs. non-billable, productivity, PTO and other metrics that really allow me to piece together the picture I need for Operations. There are lots of ways to slice and dice the data. I tend to be pretty hands on with it working with exports, but there are tons of reports that are also more automated as well.

What do you dislike?

While there is a custom report builder, I do wish it was a little more intuitive to build my own custom reports.

Personally, this is my gateway into the health of our company from a reporting standpoint with my position in Operations, being an agency that works mainly on billed hours but it also services our resourcing and task management.

Mavenlink review by Zachary A.
Zachary A.

"Well designed and allows you to get as granular as you want."

What do you like best?

I can get extremely granular on a project or task if I want, but I don't have to. It integrates with Quickbooks extremely well. It allows my account manager and COO to dive as deeply as they want into my projects. Assigning and setting up new projects and tasks is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

So far, no way of creating a recurring scheduled task in a project. The UI is very text-heavy, it can be a bit much when trying to find something quickly if I don't know where to look already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's designed for people who think like me, it provides excellent time tracking integration with quickbooks, and deals with a high volume of projects very smoothly. The interface is very text-heavy and the potential for granular tracking seems overwhelming until users get comfortable with it.

Tracking, recording, and predicting a high volume of consulting projects across many clients and several consultants.

Mavenlink review by Jaymie S.
Jaymie S.

"Mavenlink Rocks for Keeping Our Virtual Team Well Organized and Efficient"

What do you like best?

The resource management feature allows us to know who is available for a next project and who might be overloaded on any given moment. It's also a great way to flag our finance team for invoicing once a project is marked as completed by our creative team.

What do you dislike?

Not really much to dislike. It's really easy to use and fast to implement. The cost is reasonable compared to its competitors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's like having a blog page for each project your team is working on- and you can even securely add in customers so they can 'order' a project and/or watch real-time progression and provide updates. Love also the gant chart so you can show your client that if a decision or an approval is delayed-- final timeline is shifted back to xyz date. It's really a great visual and helps keep the project moving forward.

Streamlining our communications within our agency. Whenever we can move away from communicating through emails, and keeping our different drafts/files more organized and online- we can and do. Mavenlink is great for this.

Mavenlink review by Natalie S.
Natalie S.

"Mavenlink for Project Management"

What do you like best?

Being able to track where resources are spending their time. It is helpful for seeing how people spend their time in any given week.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use. Mavenlink seems to overcomplicate certain aspects. Simplicity is key in actually being beneficial, especially for teams where time is of the essence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Mavenlink can add many benefits especially to Professional Services teams and Project Managers. Mavenlink makes it easier to view projects, budgets, deliverables, resources, and determine timelines all in one place.

Organizing resources, projects, and budgets. I use Mavenlink every day and it definitely adds value for me to be able to keep track of projects. However, as mentioned, it could be improved for ease of use and simplicity.

Mavenlink review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"Great business analytics - helped our business manage time and jobs to a detailed level "

What do you like best?

The detailed time tracking and allocations towards specific projects and tasks. It is great to be able to create the different phases that a project undertakes and figure out how our employees are performing against them. We were able to understand how our pricing metrics really stacked up once we were doing the work through several jobs at a blink of an eye.

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks integration is still really lacking. The invoicing I will say is very elementary in nature and we really only will use for internal use and tracking. If the invoicing could talk to more robust third party softwares that deal with invoicing on a much bigger and better scale that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be diligent with scheduling and inputting all the data as it will help the analytics. Can be hard to get great reads on your company if you do not put in the time to input and manage the team through the software.

We are solving for a lot of project management workflow problems. We average a new project every two business days, which for an architectural firm of 10 people is a lot. Mavenlink allows us to keep track of each project the phase and exactly where our burn rates are at all times.

Mavenlink review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"The Backbone of Our Consulting Business"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink allows our consulting business to set up hundreds of clients (projects) and track everything we do with them (pertinent visit notes, billable time, expenses, tasks we complete, etc). This is invaluable information that stays with each client file and not only serves us well, but also benefits the client. Critical documents can be shared with the client right from our smartphones. Any new consultant that takes over has a full history of everything done with each client and what tasks are yet to be completed. This makes the transition from consultant to consultant nearly flawless. Such a vital tool for our business.

What do you dislike?

There are functions that aren't always applicable to our business, but we have learned to work around them and still come away with a robust tool that meets the vast majority of our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of a project management software system with multiple clients, this is a phenomenal program. It has kept our company very well-organized and kept our entire team of consultants in the know with whats happening with other clients as well.

Tracking our consultants production time as well as ensuring our clients are being billed properly for each service has been so good to have within the same program.

Mavenlink review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Great for Reporting"

What do you like best?

I love how customizable the reports in Mavenlink are. I can pull any metrics I want and filter them in numerous ways. I am also starting to schedule reports so team members can receive an automated, weekly reports of what they need to see. I recently spoke to Mavenlink support about being able to see scheduling details when I view the report, and it is on it's way, which is great news to hear!

What do you dislike?

We use custom fields on almost all tasks we create. We've created templates with these task lists because we re-use a lot of the same tasks. Unfortunately, templates do not save custom fields so we've had to add these each time we apply a template.

We use Mavenlink for resourcing. It's great to see billable vs. non-billable time which helps us determine if teams are being fully utilized and where we need additional help.

Mavenlink review by Kelli C.
Kelli C.

"Beyond Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Mavenlink has to be the quality of customer service we received from Daniel Apple. Any time any of our team had a question, he was all over it! If he didn't have the answer, he found the answer for us in no time at all. We feel comfortable signing up for the Mavenlink service, because we know that we will have support every step of the way. Anyone that we have been on a call with at Mavenlink has been beyond helpful.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have not found anything that we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really utilize your trial term. Get in the software and try it out. Get questions together. They will be answered.

We are looking to solve "conflicted copies" that we are getting by tracking our projects on Excel spreadsheets that are kept on Dropbox. With Mavenlink, we will be able to all be in a project at the same time, without risk of creating a conflicted copy.

Mavenlink review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Mavenlink = Real-time Features"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Mavenlink is that I can see budgets and time entries in real-time. I struggled with our old project management software because it didn't include time tracking. I spent so much time trying to see where we were at on budgets before Mavenlink. Now, I can know in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Really, my only big complaint about Mavenlink is a combination of little things (i.e. - the fact that checklist items don't have to be checked off to mark a task complete, the fact that my task repeater integration has yet to work consistently for longer than 2 months, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Mavenlink for project management. If your job is to make sure that projects are getting done on time and within budget, this is by far the best tool out there. Yes, there may be some things that it doesn't do as well as others, but they are constantly making improvements and the customer service/support is wonderful!

My biggest business problem that I'm able to solve with Mavenlink is knowing where a project stands with regards to budget, in real-time. It doesn't take me hours to figure it out. I know at the click of a button. This has made project management more efficient.

Mavenlink review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Excellent platform for team organization!"

What do you like best?

The best part of the system to me is the ease of setting up projects and simultaneously logging hours with great ease. The platform allows up easy access to all logged hours as well as categorizing between billable and non-billable time.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Mavenlink for short but thus far I have no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more organized your team is the more benefit you can get from using Mavenlink.

We were previously an organized mess with creating projects and project milestones in a single platform. The hours and billable time was being logged in a separate platform. With Mavenlink we are able to better track all of these items quickly and reliably.

Mavenlink review by David F.
David F.

"Best combination of project management, resource planning and a usable platform! "

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is a clean looking, intuitive platform that allows true collaboration between project members and even clients. It has greatly reduced our time required to conduct resource planning and enhanced our decision making cycle.

The set-up and training process is well supported by the Mavenlink team and the whole experience is easily scaleable depending on your business size.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant at this stage. Some API integrations could be better. Overall an excellent platform.

Accurate resource planning and forecasting, reducing time spent on invoicing and resource management, increasing collaboration.

Mavenlink review by Grace K.
Grace K.

"Great for efficient project management"

What do you like best?

Project management, ease of use, interface. The support is pretty quick as well. It was nice that we had training sessions that came with our package.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is spotty. Sometimes we need more customizable reports and it's hard to either create or they are unavailable. I also wish they integrated with Slack easier. It would also be nice to get in-app notifications vs. emails.

We were using excel sheets for project allocation which made us very inefficient. As we grew as an agency, we knew we needed to move to a software. Mavenlink is great because it keeps all projects archivable. We can plan more efficiently and bill through it too!

Mavenlink review by Morgan C.
Morgan C.

"Efficient Project Management System"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep all information stored easily in one place for each project. It helps to keep up with the status of each individual task with the option to create tasks and subtasks.

What do you dislike?

The task repeater sometimes glitches for our company. We have had to go in and manually adjust dates, information, assigned users, etc. for recurring tasks that have repeated incorrectly several times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest giving it a try. If you run into things you don't understand there seem to be lots of tutorials, helpful articles and videos, and available customer support to help.

Keeping up with all info in a project - nothing gets lost in translation because we can document it all there. We have also been able to track employee time more effectively with Mavenlink.

Mavenlink review by Devin J.
Devin J.

"Just scratching the surface"

What do you like best?

I am a data junkie and I love the amount of granularity that you can get with Mavenlink with the unlimited tasks that you can put into a project. I also like having the ability to control what other team members can bill time too. It really helps in keeping things consistent regardless of who is managing a project.

I also like their streamlined approach that they have with their project templates. I can put a placeholder for assignments and then select a person that will fit that place holder and they are automatically assigned to those tasks when we start the project.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I think could be greatly improved upon such as the timer and being able to attach documents to templates. However, while these features may not be the best, they are far better than most of the competition that I have seen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options out there but I would encourage you to put Mavenlink in your top 3 and compare them to the other "best" solutions and they will most likely compete or exceed all the features other project management solutions provide.

We are solving project transparency with upper management, proper utilization of team members, and our lack of communication on projects to all stakeholders. We tend to only tell a few people on a project and then wonder why everyone isn't on the same page.

We are still in the implementation phase of Mavenlink and have not officially rolled it out to our entire company but we are already realizing how an excellent project management software can provide unity among all of our departments.

Mavenlink review by Internal Consultant in Think Tanks
Internal Consultant in Think Tanks

"A learning experience!"

What do you like best?

The interface is great, it's not overwhelming visually and just very simple, like operating an iPhone. Also, once you learn how a feature works like timesheets or allocating hours, I don't forget it if I don't use it. I've never used a product that I didn't forget how to use a feature if I didn't practice using it immediately. I give them major kudos for setting it up in such a way that you can easily navigate and figure out what you need to do to accomplish your project management task.

What do you dislike?

Once you are shown how to do something it becomes intuitive - but initially Mavenlink is not that intuitive. It's difficult to figure out how to use certain features without going through a training. Even then, sometimes it was still difficult to figure out why you would use a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn it. It can be tough but they update constantly and they listen to your needs so that it is customized in a way that fits your project management style.

Project Management and time management has been a big issue at our company. This has helped us really be able to identify budgetary issues in real time so that everyone know what they are supposed to be billing and when. Also, it has given us a central place to post our deliverables so they people don't need to spend a ton of time digging through files to find a finished product. The last thing it has helped with is tracking where everyone is or where we have presented, etc. so that when final reporting time comes around it is easily accessible to see what events we did and how we spent the grant funding.

Mavenlink review by Karissa C.
Karissa C.

"My most favorite project management tool ever"

What do you like best?

The tool saves me a lot of time and helps me to more easily organize my several projects than ever before.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike about the tool

As a VP of Marketing and Account Strategy for a PR and Marketing agency in tech and telecom, I work with MANY companies on MANY projects, and this is by far my favorite project management tool I've worked with. It's easy to use, nice UI design, allows for super easy collaboration with my colleagues and freelance designers, and syncs with Google Drive. Working with several projects is much more enjoyable with a tool that allows you to so effortlessly organize and work more efficiently.

Mavenlink review by Zach L.
Zach L.

"Best Overall Project MGMT System Available"

What do you like best?

Our website design & marketing team was looking for a project management system that could handle simple communication between ourselves and clients, management of both simple and complex projects as well as management of project financials/budgets. After hours and hours of research, we found that Mavenlink was the only system available that could do all of the above. We've been very happy so far with Mavenlink and their development team's noticeably frequent improvements to it. We look forward to using it in the coming years and highly recommend it for teams that need to stay organized and possibly manage project financials as well.

UPDATE: Mavenlink has recently release a number of improvements, namely one that drastically improves cost-tracking on Fixed-Fee task types. This is incredible for us to progressively track labor cost on items we charge a fixed amount for. Excited!

What do you dislike?

Very little. The only hurdle we've had so far is that we are forced to use a separate system to handle our invoicing (due to our industry/billing needs) and Mavenlink is built to use either their inbuilt invoicing system and/or Quickbooks as the basis for invoice management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are systems out there that are more cost effective for those just starting our in project management, but if your company's needs for organization, delegation and project tracking are beginning to increase, Mavenlink should be the first consideration over some of the other enterprise solutions like Wrike (which has no financial management at all).

We have solved many of our organizational problems and Mavenlink has smoothed out the process of acquiring assets from clients to keep projects moving. It has also simplified the process of having contractors clock billable time and given me useful tools for running time reports, etc.

Mavenlink review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Navigable system for tracking projects and time tracking"

What do you like best?

It's a great project management system that encompasses everything in one place such as keeping track of projects, tasks, time and expense, billing, planning, finances, resourcing, etc. Very user friendly once you get familiar with the system.

What do you dislike?

There are a ton of features, so it takes some getting used to navigating every part of the interface. It takes a lot of trial and error, but that's how you learn and get comfortable using it and teaching it others!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone familiar with the system help navigate it with you first. It's a big dashboard so it seems intimidating to use at first, but once you get the hang of it, you know exactly where to go to track all your projects.

No problems really, just making sure everyone on the team is using the features and time tracking correctly, tracking their projects in the right month, and not going over the scheduled budget/hours.

Mavenlink review by Kendra S.
Kendra S.

"Great System for Project Transparency and Communication"

What do you like best?

We've been using Mavenlink since January 2016 and our entire staff loves it and is grateful to the move from our old system. Our team finds it easy to use and manage their tasks, our clients love it because all information regarding their Projects is in one place. We use it for resource allocation and task prioritization.

One of the largest benefits of moving to MavenLink was the transparency in our communication with our clients. The tasks allow them to see what is going on, on a day-to-day basis with their Projects and support requests. They are able to communication with our team and all the information is in one place so it's easy to find and reference. We've also started sending our weekly reports to our clients, letting them know how much time was spent and which tasks were completed.

Also, the management team is sent a daily digest of all comments and activity done throughout the day. It's an amazing option for us, we aren't bombarded with hundreds of emails but we are still being kept up to date on what is happening with each of our clients.

What do you dislike?

MavenLink falls short when it comes to updating and understanding the status of various tasks. You cannot customize the status options to fit your work flow, they are set in stone "" so it's not entirely helpful. Also, you can't say who is directly responsible for the task at any given moment. You might have 4-5 people assigned to the task because they need to be informed, but you don't know who is currently in charge of the task. For example, a developer might be assigned "fix the blog" once he/she completes the task it is sent back to the client to review, it would be great to say that the task is now assigned to the client for feedback.

The other thing that some find confusing is the activity feed. While it is helpful to have an overview page of all the activity on the Project, people are allowed to post comments without tying it to a task, which means that many questions or requests are either overlooked or lost. Make sure you train your team (and your clients) so that they get into the habit of linking every single comment to a task, it helps with organization and eliminates confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around and make sure you find the right fit for your company, not just based on how you currently operate but also on how you want to do so. Mavenlink is not a great system for an older crowd, they tend to get confused with the activity feed and it's not as intuitive for them. However, with a little training they will quickly see the benefit of using the System.

We've always struggled with resource allocation, task prioritization, and client communication. MavenLink is an extremely powerful tool and we're taken advantage of all its offerings little by little. We're looking forward to using the Gantt charts and know that will help us become more efficient and be able to identify holes in our schedule faster.

We've also had issues with understanding where a Project's budget is at any given time. MavenLink provides us with the insight we need to make sure all our Projects are on track and that our clients remain happy. If we are able to see that a Project is starting to go over budget we are able to talk to the Client before it becomes an issue. It goes a long way towards building and maintaining a long-lasting relationship with our clients.

Mavenlink review by Kami R.
Kami R.

"Recently Switched and Love It!"

What do you like best?

For us, the best features of Mavenlink are the resource allocation and custom reporting capabilities. Our team loves how easy it is to record their time. The user interface is very clean and modern and offers the ability to custom brand. We also love the Mavenlink customer service as well as the companies commitment to improving their product.

What do you dislike?

We have not found many issues with Mavenlink. I do wish that it had the ability to record hours as paid, as we sell prepaid services. Also, being able to set multiple rates for a single user would be very helpful. There has been a bit of a learning curve for some of our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product from a company that is constantly improving their product to meet their customers' needs.

Since we have just begun to use Mavenlink, we are not yet using it to it's full potential. Once we do, we know that this solution will allow us the ability to better forecast, view and increase project profitability, and offer increased reporting capabilities both internally and for our clients.

Mavenlink review by Colson S.
Colson S.

"Became valuable early and a great tool for continuous internal improvement"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. On boarding new employees into how we use basic functions is super easy.

What do you dislike?

Something that is great about Mavenlink is that the product evolves quickly. Sometimes the way you use a feature changes when you were not wanting it to. We have never had a case of the feature we use disappearing and usually the change is a positive one, but you have to be willing to evolve how you use the system to what the current structure is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine up to 3 core functions that your team can start using immediately that will make the investment move past break even and start to realize efficiency, then get an internal champion/change agent to come up with how to integrate more and more of your business process to utilize Mavenlink.

The two core functionalities that provide the most value to us:

Increased utilization of time

Improved organization and execution for internal teams.

Mavenlink review by Agency
Agency

"Strong Resource Planning Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to see resource utilization by person, role or project and via week or month. This allows me to make quick resource decisions and keep on top of future planning.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting functionality was a bit easier to use. It feels like I have to do a bit of guesswork to generate the reports that can best assist me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what features are must-have versus nice-to-have because you won't find one tool that has everything you need.

The two key features of Mavenlink that I use are time tracking so I can see what my resources are billing to my projects and resource management.

Mavenlink review by Jacqueline F.
Jacqueline F.

"Mavenlink Rocks"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been using Mavenlink several years now. They are constantly updating and refining the platform in the right direction.

Communication, as mentioned above, was an issue around our projects. We have been long time Mavenlink users. Last year we tried weening off Mavenlink to move to a a more "franchise friendly" system. We quickly found the "franchise friendly" platform to be a big mistake, and decided to stick with Mavenlink!

"Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

There is a ton of flexibility and functionality with Mavenlink, from seeing tasks in list view or the option to use a Gantt view. Budgeting, tracking expenses, scheduling, time tracking, messaging, file transfer, etc - this is the most robust project management tool I've used to date.

What do you dislike?

With so much functionality and flexibility there are a lot of different ways to do the same thing which has caused confusion and inconsistencies with how everyone on our team uses the same features. Some constraints would be good, even if set by our own team's admin. Time-tracking and timesheets are clunky. I'd love to see some of the better services for this looked to as inspiration for how to improve.

We rarely use the file transfer feature because those files get lost - one spot where all files shared on a specific project (organized by task) would make it much more reliable OR even better create an integration with Dropbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a few people or one department on board first, sort out how you want to use the tool before onboarding the entire company. We have made a lot of changes to how we structure things and communicate within the application and rolling out these changes are a lot harder with more people. Sorting out the kinks with a small group will be beneficial.

In my role of Account Director at our marketing agency, I am less concerned with back office stuff and more into how I ensure people get assigned to and see the tasks that are in their queue. As a company that tries to not rely too heavily on email or slack for project communication, we have utilized the Active Assignee feature, creating a custom field on every task where we can enter a person's name. All team members keep a window open that is filtered to the tasks where they are Active Assignee to have a clear view of their queue at all times. A better system for this would be great - overall how do we get things done faster?

Mavenlink review by Mohsin S.
Mohsin S.

"Best management Software "

What do you like best?

All information is kept in one place and very easy to use. The UI design is very easy to use and makes tracking time easy. It saves a lot of time.

Gantt charts look very organized and task dependencies are handled amazingly

What do you dislike?

Professional: $39/month/user Is quite expensive for new startups

API integration is very difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please decrease the prices and extend Trial from 10 days to 15 days

The better functions are only available at the higher priced level

A lot of business problems regarding management, Sending invoices, Task dependencies and Team collaboration.

Mavenlink review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"President/COO"

What do you like best?

The templating feature is a game changer. As a process driven organization, we need an easy, fast way to build new projects while still capturing all of the necessary to dos. The template feature allows us to apply multiple templates to one project and then easily adjust the setup according to the unique demands of the project.

What do you dislike?

There is some inconsistency in the naming between Mavenlink and the Insights reporting. It's pretty easy to pick up on after a bit, but is confusing a first.

With Mavenlink we are able to visualize and plan our resource management (people) and build complex, comprehensive project plans quickly, accurately, and easily.

Mavenlink review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great for an in-house agency"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink combines all your project tracking needs into one easy to use software. This software has been one of the easiest to implement throughout our company and allows us to track departmental productivity and see how much we really accomplish in one month.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better app interface, right now the mobile application is a little hard to navigate. With a lot of our collaborators traveling it's not the easiest software for them to use via mobile or tablet.

We use Mavenlink for tracking all our agencies projects. This ranges from product development to in-store launch and all the collateral that goes along with it. This software helps greatly with tracking multiple on-going projects and everyone's tasks in said projects.

Mavenlink review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Director, Operations"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink is flexible. We choose to be more rigorous in our project management practices but you don't have to be. When I am asked to "make it work this way", I usually can.

What do you dislike?

There is a 2 hour timelag between Mavenlink and Insights (for them to run ETL). It is a inconvenience when I want to test something right away. The issue is minor..

I would like a Post Only permission so that clients invited to the project can not change the project plan. This is on the product roadmap

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink is a system that needs to be fed data. Make sure that you are ready to do that.

Lots of Excel, Lots of Email and difficulty reporting overall project status. We feel like we have corrected those issues. Now we are focused on improving the process and codifying the changes in our Mavenlink templates.

Mavenlink review by Administrator

"Implementation Project Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I love the Master Planning feature, it's easy to see staffing needs and easy to filter via project or person.

What do you dislike?

We have large templates, when adding them to projects I get lots of error messages. I have to refresh my page to get certain items I've deleted to be removed. I'd love to see a new feature to delete multiple tasks at once. Minor suggestions to improve the product, but overall it's a great tool.

We're solving resource planning and easy viability to our teams availability and skill level. Also, having reports to run on projects is extremely helpful.

Mavenlink review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Well Thought Out, Lots of Potential"

What do you like best?

Power-user features like dependent tasks, start and due dates, Gantt charts, time tracking - there are lots of features all integrated into a single interface, so I don't have to cobble together the features I need from several different services.

What do you dislike?

Some puzzling choices like no copy/paste of tasks and some UI choices like launching new tabs for everything. No warnings on exiting a tab without saving means you could potentially loose entered info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it before dismissing it - it's very well considered and the development team are receptive to feature suggestions while still providing a clear sense of direction.

Getting everyone in the company on the same page and collecting discussions about products and decisions in one place.

Mavenlink review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Robust Project Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily create projects by making templates. You can also track every aspect of a project from tasks, to deliverable, to milestones. And you can mark the status of each and the progress. There's so much data to see. You're also able to easily modify projects by adding/removing tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it runs slow on my work laptop. If they could find a way to make it lighter weight, it'd be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All of the feedback I've already mentioned pertains to this. If you want a great project management solution, Mavenlink is the key. Also, the support team is very helpful and is always providing updates.

Resource planning, project timeline monitoring, expense tracking, time management

Mavenlink review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Fantastic organizational program!"

What do you like best?

It's wonderful to never have to click through an excessive series of tabs to find what I need. Quick and simple speed to tools to keep hours and tasks logged.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good! Made an amazing first impression and hasn't dipped from that since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any need for visual representation for organizational purposes; get Mavenlink!

Keeping a clear tracking of time has made a world of difference in our company. With Mavenlink, it's a breeze to log tasks!

Mavenlink review by elias m.
elias m.

"Mavenlink is good for small businesses."

What do you like best?

Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink. I love this software because it has so many options and ways to customise each feature. Mavenlink is great because it can be integrated to Google Apps.

What do you dislike?

Gantt charts are still in need of a lot of work and help and when I am using the software I find bugs. This tool also is not user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mavenlink is a good tool for project management especially for small businesses.

Budget management and Resource management

Mavenlink review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"Call me a Mavenlink evangelist"

What do you like best?

Excellent built-in reporting, easy to set up for all members of the team. Does a great job with task, project, and role-level budgeting and financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't retain customized views in the Gantt mode. Resource planning is good, but not quite there yet in terms of plotting multiple concurrent and projected engagements at the role level - but they're working on it. Converting estimated hours to scheduled hours works, but isn't as effortless as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to examine your workflows and task management - you'll want to run a balance between the detail and granularity in tasks with your ability to manage large numbers of tasks across a large number of projects.

Also, be sure to very clearly communicate your tailored defaults to everyone who sets up projects - e.g., whether you're a T&M shop, Fixed Fee, or do both depending on the client engagement. Everyone should be clear on what's billable and what's not, etc.

We use Mavenlink to manage dozens of concurrent project engagements across a number of development teams. I appreciate the elegance of the UI, the ease with which we were able to implement it in our organization, the flexibility and built-in reporting capabilities of the core product. Rate cards and financials integration is well done, and resource planning continues to be improved with intelligent updates. I highly recommend the Business Insights add-on; the extended reporting capabilities are well-thought-out.

As important as the product capabilities are, the staff at Mavenlink are superb - Our Client Success rep is communicative, super-responsive and was exceptionally helpful when we cut over from our old tools for time tracking and task management.

Mavenlink review by LeAnn K.
LeAnn K.

"Love Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

There is so much that I like. Being able to email information to a project activity wall is stellar, seeing the burn rate against a project is amazing for real time budget updates, and the inter-office communication and project file tracking is unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

There are minor bugs that I would love to see fixed. For example, it would be great to open a client name and have a list of projects show up within that can be easily linked off to. Currently, the group view only gives a long list without any abilities to navigate within.

Having real time visibility to the burn rate has helped us see much earlier if/when a project will go over budget so we can address is correctly rather than find out after it is too late.

Mavenlink review by John L.
John L.

"Animation company upgrade"

What do you like best?

I love the paper trail that everyone can see. Sometimes with emails, things get lost or 100 replies in you forget who said what and when but with mavenlink there is that perfect record of every message every sign off every single piece of content submitted though the portal so for record keeping, and holding team and clients responsible it is an ideal solution.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the budget feature once someone has paid their commissioning invoice it looks as if you have used up half your budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look into the budget when someone pays a commissioning invoice and how it makes your project suddenly look like you have burned through half the budget. It really is a quick way to stress your MD.

Communication was the biggest problem and time keeping when it came to the creative team. Now with the stopwatch feature there is no excuse it is simple and easy for everyone to implement.

Mavenlink review by Frank Z.
Frank Z.

"Probably the best project management tool out there that works with Google Apps"

What do you like best?

overall the ease of use and collaboration tools that it has. The fact that you can have all your tasks and templates preset and then assign to team members and work together on small and large groups and huge projects.

What do you dislike?

Not much I can pick that I don't like, I feel that their ongoing updates and improvements have been amazing over the last 2-3 years which has pushed them past their competitors in the market.

We manage over 100 projects at given time in our company and this is the tool that runs those projects. The fact that you can upload images, forward emails, assign tasks and keep track of so many jobs at the same time is great.

Mavenlink review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"Highly adaptable PSA and project management tool"

What do you like best?

The Mavenlink support team we are working with is very responsive and able to help us sort through not only best practices but how to potentially customize the tool to better suit our particular business needs.

What do you dislike?

The day based scheduling doesn't fit our business process very well. It would be a lot easier if we could just forecast at the week level.

Prior to moving to Mavenlink, we were using several different tools for time entry, resource scheduling, and task tracking. Mavenlink lets us combine all these activities under a single platform, reducing our support requirements and simplifying our internal operations, allowing our team to focus on delivery outstanding results for our clients.

Mavenlink review by Ricardo F.
Ricardo F.

"5-Stars Resource Management Platform"

What do you like best?

Mavenlink's Master Planning and Insights tools. Alongside each other these tools take resource management and forecasting to a whole new level.

What do you dislike?

Front loaded set up process, while intensive, it is necessary to ensure the tool is setup for success.

Resource allocation and management. Through its Master Planning and Insights tools, we have gained deeper visibility into our current bandwidth as an organization, and are better equipped to forecast and estimate potential work.

Mavenlink review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Settling in after 3 months on Mavenlink"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly see what hours are assigned to me in any given week

What do you dislike?

Taxonomy is confusing. When I'm ready to submit my time, or go to a past timesheet, I can never remember if I need "Timesheets" or "Time Entries" -- those terms are nearly synonymous.

I also cannot see the time assigned to my coworkers. Yes, I can start a chat with them to find out; it would be better if I could take a quick glance at a chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask EVERY type of user what they will need Mavenlink to do, BEFORE configuration and implemention.

Mavenlink hasn't completely done away with our need to manually assign hours on a weekly basis. However, it is making things MUCH easier when billing our clients for hours per project, which was a huge need.

Learn more about Mavenlink

Mavenlink Videos

Learning about Mavenlink?

* We monitor all Mavenlink reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.