Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM

3.9

Maximizer offers a simple, accessible customer relationship management (CRM software) solutions for small and medium-sized businesses

Work for Maximizer CRM?

Learning about Maximizer?

Maximizer CRM Reviews

Ask Maximizer a Question
Maximizer review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Customisable software with a fantastic team behind it"

What do you like best?

The staff at Maximizer have been very flexible and always listen carefully to our needs and requests. They go out of their way to make sure the CRM is working well for us, and have always been very proactive in fixing any issues that come up.

The CRM itself is customisable and quite user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the terminology in the CRM can be a bit confusing, especially to non-regular user. While as a whole Maximizer is very customisable, there are some fields that cannot be deleted or hidden, despite having no relevance to our data. While this is not a major issue, it can make the screen appear cluttered with unnecessary, empty field and again can cause some confusion for non-regular users.

Maximizer allows us to track our clients effectively and manage our support programmes. This how allowed us to work more efficiently, as we are able to spot trends and adapt our strategy accordingly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Maximizer CRM
Showing 392 Maximizer reviews
Maximizer review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Clean program with low learning curve"

What do you like best?

Email integration is excellent and it took almost no time at all for me to get a hang of this program when I had no previous experience with CRM programs. Clean aesthetics and ease of use with a high level of reliability have made this a real winner. I cannot rate this any higher because I have no basis of comparison having used no other CRM software, but I hold this in high regards and would recommend it for small business whole heartedly.

What do you dislike?

Some lag when bringing up client database lists leads to mis-clicking clients at times which is slightly frustrating. I would have been far happier with this if there was a tutorial on how to use hot-list tasks that was readily available, an easy to find well promoted training centre would be great.

Sometimes we have issues saving emails to maximizer based on the size of the email attachments, and there have also been issues with saved files from over 5 years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for small business. I feel safe storing our client information on this software.

We are required to keep all client contact up to date and very detailed notes about client interactions. We also use this to schedule appointments, keep our monthly appointments in order and ensure we are contacting clients in a timely manner. This program helps us remain compliant in our business and as a newer employee I would be utterly lost if I didn't have access to the years of notes that we have accumulated.

Maximizer review by Darren M.
Darren M.

"Maximizer has been very accomodating and helpful with our CRM needs."

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

CRM Live is a little glitchy at times and it needs restarting more than I would prefer. Usually I find the ability to search contacts or households gets hung up and requires a restart to get things back in line / up and running again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a good product with a great team willing to make it right for you and your organization. Their product support has been very good.

Many useful features as it has helped us as a CRM, referral tool, business management tool and segmentation tool. We are still developing Maximizer to exactly meet our needs. Very accommodating group that is willing to work with their customers. Definite improvement over their enterprise version with many neat features / some which we haven't tapped into yet. Our organization required a remotely accessible CRM. Looking forward to future development of their app and the continued improvement with their current product. We don't use a lot of the features that this product can do yet.

What CRM solution do you use?

Maximizer review by David R.
David R.

"Maximizer CRM Review"

What do you like best?

I find it pretty easy to look up clients and see important details like phone number, email addresses, etc. Hotlist tasks are fairly easy to create. We use the calendar extensively as a small office and that is helpful. Overall, we feel Max is a good tool for our small business and everyone in our office is committed to using it.

What do you dislike?

Once a hotlist item is created, it is not easy to keep track of those items. I would love it if my hotlist tasks popped out at me first thing in the morning as I started my day so I could see my major opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get traininig!

Structure for our office, inputting client notes and interactions with all clients. That has been very helpful for client interactions but we feel that we are UNDER-UTILIZING MAX for sales leads and tracking opportunities.

Maximizer review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Serves the purpose it is intended for"

What do you like best?

Maximizer runs a relatively light platform, from a Administrator position this helps as it allows for large amounts of data to be accessible within short periods of time. Compared to other CRM options this is for sure a big plus for my experience with Maximzier.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the competitors, Maximizer looks (especially before the light re-skin) like a website from the 90s. Everything is very modular and blocky, this creates a steep learning curve for new users to the platform as most features are not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to format any existing data (outlook, Salesforce, other address books / data aggregators) to fit Maximizer as best you can. Saves lots of work trying to format it post import.

The primary problem we had is storing client details, everything from household details to retirement projections. As a result Maximizer serves the role of a database and serves that role well. We have realized over time that Maximizer has some interesting reporting features that we have used to help filter the overall client list.

Maximizer review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Great Product and Awesome Support"

What do you like best?

Maximizer CRM Live is an amazingly simple product to use. It has all the features that SME requires plus more. The company really backs its product by ensuring the on-boarding process is simple, easy, and effective. My users have had a great experiencing on-boarding to this product and the questions are minimal. The ability to access this product on-site and remote for our sales teams is awesome. The administration experience is by far so easy.

What do you dislike?

I really wish this product had 100% Mac support. I have a segment of my users that use Apple who can't fully use the integration features which they wish they could. I am told however that this is in the works. Here's hoping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer is a great and very supportive company. The support is beyond great. Any road blocks will be immediately cleared once you contact them if you are having issues.

Mobile sales teams now have access to the product. We have upgraded from an older version to bring our sales and opportunity data together in a single, easy to use platform. Customer service, Sales and the C-suite now have real visibility into the pipeline.

Maximizer review by Dana C.
Dana C.

"It has definitely done what we got it for!"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is pretty easy to use. We've been able to customize it quite easily for our needs. It's nice to have a standard format/location for all client-related documents/correspondence. The Action Plans have proved invaluable to me! It's nice being able to enter it and forget it because I know Maximizer will remind me. The service techs seem willing to help me find solutions to my problems, but at times they've been stopped due to things being "in development" or "being considered".

What do you dislike?

Their telephone system is incredibly frustrating!! I've brought it to their attention many times in my post-service surveys but nothing has changed. Sometimes the response time for service leaves a little to be desired as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some thinking about what you want it to do/how you want it to do it before you start setting things up. if possible, talk to another user beforehand.

We had an antiquated system for records management and find it really easy to save and access documents for reference by all team members.

Maximizer review by Jillian C.
Jillian C.

"Tool for Financial Advisors"

What do you like best?

I like that Maximizer allows me to set follow up reminders and makes it easy to log communication with my clients. From saving emails, attachments, log phone calls and emails, Maximizer has been a tool we have utilized in our practice for years.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could log clients policies easier. We tried to get the other half of our practice to sign up for Maximizer but the training costs were to much and detered them from using Maximizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have made recommendations to other financial advisors who were looking for a CRM. THey had some concernes regarding the cost of training to get up and running. Maybe it would help if there was a reduced training cost for advisors who were referred in.

Maximizer helps me stay up to date with client logging and following up.

Maximizer review by David C.
David C.

"Has enabled me to easily manage Sales prospects and plan trips far more effectively than my peers."

What do you like best?

User-defined fields that I use to tailor a profile of Companies, Individuals, and Company Contacts, and unlimited Notes, and quick-access to all outgoing and incoming documentation for each Contact.

What do you dislike?

LIVE has eliminated keyboard shortcuts that kept my hands on the keyboard. I now have to leave the keyboard, find the mouse, find the cursor, move the cursor, click on it, then return to the keyboard. A simple TAB, ALT+key, or CNTL+key action would save a few seconds, several times per minute.

Earlier editions enabled me to see the Company/Individual/Contact profile, other Contacts within the Company, all Notes, all Documents, and a rendition of Outlook, all one one view. That functionality has been lost in LIVE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I've stated to people in Maximizer Support, previous editions of Maximizer provided multiple pathways to use the keyboard or the mouse to complete tasks. This benefitted users trained to use a keyboard without looking at it. But LIVE has essentially penalized skilled keyboard users by removing features that enabled such users to keep their hands ON THE KEYBOARD to quickly inputting data instead of fumbling about. Such users are now forced several times per minute of data entry to leave the keyboard, find the mouse, find the cursor, move the cursor to a data field, click on it, then return to the keyboard and re-orient. Doing that several times per minute becomes frustrating.

Simple keyboard entry of dates (like 102154 to indicate October 21, 1954) and time (like 954a to indicate 9:54 AM), auto-capitalization of the names of Companies, and Last/First/Middle names of Individuals/Contacts, one TAB access to the 'OK' dialog box, ALT+key, & CNTL+Key shortcuts, and many other keyboard shortcut provisions are all gone. Hence why I indicate that Maximizer is not going in the right direction.

Still, Maximizer's User Defined Fields and reasonably quick-access to Notes & Documents puts the user miles ahead of peers using Outlook and/or Google. And the mobile app -- something I've never previously had -- is certain to be extremely useful to me when I cannot easily pull out my notebook computer and get online, like when driving down the road. Now all I have to do is pull over and perform a few touches to find out what I need to know, and/or update a Company/Individual/Contact.

Maybe my suggestions on LIVE from long experience with Maximizer products will be considered; maybe their direction will shift back toward restoring and maintaining multiple pathways to input data, reflecting the myriad of interface preferences to be expected from a diverse cross-section of users.

Maximizer enables me to retain my history with groups of Contacts in specific localities, which points the way as to what to do next in that locality.

Maximizer review by Alfredo  S.
Alfredo S.

"Right choice price/capacity ratio"

What do you like best?

For the price is an excellent platform to start handling your leads, accounts, and opportunities. Maximizer covers the basics on a CRM for an affordable price (monthly payment) for an entire sales organization. The new lead application is an excellent tool to follow up your leads, administrate them and do not mix them with existing accounts.

What do you dislike?

Maximizer, on the other hand, has limited capabilities for reporting, sales prospecting, and revenue prediction. Generate customized reports is not an intuitive task. The platform needs a more visual interface to get the customer experience more grateful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basic training is mandatory for setting it screens, reports and basic maximizer features.

New leads management application has solved new contacts and leads administration not involving them on existing accounts or opportunities.

Maximizer review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"promising release but more features needed"

What do you like best?

cloud based use, so no longer tied to PC access only, and moving to cloud based data vs in-house desktop/server setup is a big deal for us. I like the Microsoft Outlook integration for email.

What do you dislike?

no dedicated iOS or Android app - don't like use via mobile browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

maybe wait until more powerful email campaign tools are included, and wait for standalone iOS and Android apps. make sure the email integration works for you. we still host our own email using Exchange, which is admittedly on its way out, but not having a true sync when sending email from the browser interface and having to sync in Outlook is a hassle.

easier to use when out of the office

Maximizer review by Adrian G.
Adrian G.

"An excellent Contact Management System that our whole team can use."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Maximizer is cloud-based and accessible by my various devices.

What do you dislike?

Maximizer is incredibly complex. This isn't necessarily a 'dislike', but an acknowledgment of it's capabilities and feature set. It's not exactly intuitive to use, but because of it's complexity, there is a learning curve that needs to be embraced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be overwhelmed by Maximizer's feature set. You'll learn how to use it, (the Maximizer folks are ready to support EVERYTHING you ask of them!) and you'll be satisfied.

We've moved from a competing CRM and are currently working on integrating all team members to utilize the same process for each client interaction. We love the way that Maximizer pushes out reminders to our clients without any input from us.

Maximizer review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"Good software - to small user group in Scandinavia"

What do you like best?

Maximzier is a good and (now) solid CRM. Over the years, functionality and UI have been improved and the product is now quite modern. It handles all the tasks a CRM should handle.

What do you dislike?

It appears that the software is build as patches on patches. This makes some of the tasks quite slow. Also the way selection of contacts in the customer database works seems strange. It takes forever to fetch all contacts from a selected group of companies. Finally the sync with Outlook continues to cause issuess - especially with recurring events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really consider the Cloud solution over the on-premises. We are not able to use the Cloud solution yet as we have som elegacy software, that will not work with that.

Well, Customer Relationship Management :-) We keep track of all our customers and activities across five sales teams and two locations.

Maximizer review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Director of operations "

What do you like best?

Loving the flexibility of the software. It's allowing us to create our own personalized company software!! The support team has been very helpful in getting the best out of the software for our situation. It's so user friendly too!! Lots of training available through webinars and online videos allow us to get to know the software on our own time. The integration with O365 is great too!! Even the advisors with the least amount of computer experience can master the software!!

What do you dislike?

The sales team are very pushy and use pressure to purchase based on their quotas. Offered discounts that work for them but not the customers. We have a process in place to onboard new clients. It's not date sensitive but action sensitive. Once one task is completed we move to the next. I do find that the Work flow option is a little rigid and fills our tasks lists. I would like to see it offer one task at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around and inform yourself as to what's on the market. Then you will see the difference and appreciate it.

Maximizer is allowing us to have total control over our client base. No one will ever fall through the cracks again!! It allows us to make our client feel special and in turn we have more referrals. Maximizer is so well set up that it is quick for our new employees and advisor to work with. Our communication between staff and advisors has impoved as well due to tasks. Our compliance requirements will be easy to meet now with the notes section. Just loving this software!!

Maximizer review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Awesome & Organized!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the fact that I can have all my client info in one place without having to keep So much paper in the office! I enjoy the fact that our team can keep fully up to date in all of our daily business tasks. After using this program for just a short while, I don't know what I would do without it.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything that I'm not fond of. Even my colleagues are all available to me in the same program, it's great! However I feel as though having folder options when it comes to storing information under client documents would be very helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no way that I wouldn't recommend such a highly organized program to any one of my business colleagues/partners or anyone I knew who was looking to update their company.

One of the issues we we're having was keeping our clients connected, and Maximizer allows is to do just that! Another issue we had been having was sending multiple letters to hundreds of clients for different events we hold throughout the year. With Maximizer we are able to sit back and print, with little to no effort put forth.

Maximizer review by Jaclyn M.
Jaclyn M.

"A little sticky at times but well worth the money!!"

What do you like best?

I really like that there is an email integration. We use this platform for all of our cloud storage for our client docs since we had changed companies last year as we were doing client updates we have been able to pull the documentation from this system much quicker than attempting to pull it from the system that was supposed to be built to retrieve from our old company which never works.

What do you dislike?

That we need to reinstall the link in the emails whenever there is an update, which requires us to call and speak to a rep. Also, you cannot directly put a send/send to maximizer at the same time. There is a disconnect. However, you can go through the sent box and pull the email and send to Maximizer without any issues. Weird but a flaw that needs fixing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay the extra to have them do the secure uploads of your information. It is a bit of a tricky system to jump right in with. Also, get them to build out your action plans properly so that you can have everything working and customized as you wanted right at the beginning. It took us a while to get things set up on our own so it was a bit frustrating but we are working through it.

Keeping track of important dates for clients. Anniversaries, when they have joined our office, alerts for meetings. With the broken system from the bank on the document retrieval side we have saved our sanity when pulling documents up quick and easy. That is the biggest benefit.

Maximizer review by Katherine L.
Katherine L.

"Feature-rich CRM for managing the sales process"

What do you like best?

Out of the box, Maximizer offers all the tools required to manage sales contacts and accounts in a team environment. The task "hotlist" and appointment scheduling allows us to keep on top of our leads and opportunities in progress, while giving supervisors the ability to see the bigger picture and manage effectively.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, Maximizer does not handle a high degree of customization well. The farther your business processes move away from the standard features, the more likely you are to run into barriers or need to use work-arounds to obtain the desired result from the CRM tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to evaluate your existing business processes against the features available in Maximizer CRM to ensure that it will meet your needs and be aware of where gaps may continue to persist.

Maximizer CRM allows us to maintain complete sales records for our clients, including management of the associated documents for each opportunity. We are better able to work as a team by using the CRM for routine communication between staff members working on a particular file, and are also able to provide better customer service since information is readily available no matter who a client is speaking with.

Maximizer review by Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.

"Overall great program - same issues pop up over time, mostly with Outlook and Word syncronization"

What do you like best?

User-friendly.

As a Maximizer customer since Maximizer 97, I can say unequivocally that Jim Cook is the best tech support person ever. Wish others would be trained by him. He never fails to turn over every stone to find a solution, only regret he's not available when I have issues.

What do you dislike?

If there is an issue that tech support could not resolve and has to research, they promise to get back to me and NEVER do. This happened with my last encounter. I advised her that when I open Maximizer and select "View list from last Maximizer session," the program never does that - it just shows one particular contact/record, and not the last list I searched for. Tech support rep said she would consult with her senior team but never heard from her so no resolution

Tech support representatives rarely refer to history unless I direct them to do so.

Email templates for campaigns have problems incorporating images and links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you purchase this software, make sure your IT support is familiar in case there are issues/conflicts that Maximizer says are not related to their program, and to ensure compatibility.

Ask Maximizer to refer other clients that are in your industry, so you can be more familiar with best practicies.

I am a PR practitioner who uses Maximizer CRM as a media database; wish there was more precedent in sharing best practices among public relations professionals who use Maximizer.

"Pretty good CRM"

What do you like best?

I like how the calandar function and how it is easy to schedule meetings and reminders

What do you dislike?

I don't like how difficult and and not user friendly is the Microsoft Office integration.It is not a seemless experience and I often experience connextion problems between my office account and my Maximizer accounet. Also, I don't like the look of it, it looks outdated and the coulour theme is not pretty. I wish it was easier to generate charts and an easier menu interface. Finally, what I find the most disapointing is that Maximizer don't have a proper mobile phone app. I use a link to Miximizer with my iPhone but it is non usable, I cannot search for contacts, I can only check my calandar. It would be very helpful to have a nice mobile app, as some users today don't use computers at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe they should also look at Salesforce before deciding which CRM they are going to use

I no longer forget to do follow up with customers and miss scheduled meetings

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Love the kind customer service. I like the fact that you can log everything from tasks to documents, notes and emails! I love the simplicity of this program, Contact management, simplicity of keeping sufficient records, I love the ease of being able to locate client records or pull up notes while on the phone with the client....not having to search in their physical file for information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a smaller version for just a single self employed person who still is looking to keep records of their customers/clients...we work on the desktop version so we really have problems with freezing and it crashing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend this product. It takes a little bit of getting used to but once you know the basic interface, youre good to go and you will, also love it!!

Maximizer review by User in Nanotechnology
User in Nanotechnology

"Most versatile and user friendly lead management page I have used"

What do you like best?

Ease of organizing all the leads into different sections and groups. Easy to manage contacts, separate them in groups to eventually send emails based on different lists. Ability to separate all leads in techniques, applications and other classifications makes Maximizer a top web-page (currently using this) for organization and quick finding.

What do you dislike?

When creating groups of contacts to have them according to specific applications/groups, I can mix groups together without meaning to do it. An 'undo' button would be so helpful!! Would be nice if I can see the 'history' of that lead without going to the contact information. I know we have the option to save an email to the contact/case/opportunity, but this delays the process if we don't know how other people saved the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An in-house training by one of the Maximizer teams would be ideal. Went through this and helped us a lot. They answered our questions and went step-by-step into all the process on how to properly use it based in our needs.

Case leads, organizing and sending emails to customers according to techniques, application and others before going into a show.

Maximizer review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"Very pleased."

What do you like best?

Communication tracking with clients, ease of attaching emails to client files. Stores a lot of information about clients that is easy to access.

What do you dislike?

Some fields I don't need and can't delete, some fields I would like to have and don't. In fairness, I have a specialized financial advising practice- this is the most relevant, easy to use, cost effective CRM that I reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take some time to learn how to use all of the features well, but it's worth working through the learning curve. Calling support has always worked well for me- questions are answered in one phone call.

Tracking client contact, reminders to follow up with clients on specific items. Keeps all of my needed information in one program.

Maximizer review by Clauser P.
Clauser P.

"Like a perfect shepherd!"

What do you like best?

Leads are like sheeps that sometime can to run away flock, you have so many to take care that eventually your busy and trouble life can distract you. Maximizer CRM helps a lot put all those "sheeps" on front of you showing all the threats and strongs. A trully helpful tools to manage your leads with quality and eficacy.

What do you dislike?

Maybe not have a module to extract spreadsheets and graphics with specific filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommended! Don't think you have the super man mind or your outlook is a perfect task schedule. You need an appropriate tool.

Lost opportunities because missing touch with the customer was the priority problem to solve, we realized a increase of conversion rate.

Maximizer review by Kiah W.
Kiah W.

"Maximizer CRM is the perfect tool for a privately owned business with a large client base."

What do you like best?

I like that Maximizer is an all-in-one tool. Having my address book, calendar, opportunities, lists, and emails and documents all in one place is extremely useful and convenient.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, even with the Internet Explorer, it will not allow us to download the word integration. We have contacted customer service about it though, and it is being handled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trainings that are advertised on the login page

Maximizer provides the ease of having all of your information in one place, as opposed to having 3-4 different apps for them. I have realized how useful Maximizer is with keeping track of opportunities and reminders.

Maximizer review by Ray B.
Ray B.

"Maximizer CRM Live - Some Good Points, some really bad ones"

What do you like best?

No Server required - cloud based- that solved our problem of updating our server, server software, and outside IT costs, so really its less expensive EVEN on a subscription base

-more functions available

-easy to log on from anywhere

What do you dislike?

-Can't just import a new lead with e mail like the old days

-To print an address label or envelope takes many more steps than previous program

-Freezes at times, after being inactive, so I have to log back on

-Program forces you to key in more details than you really need on a new suspect for a quote

-Intergration with Word is actually much more difficult and time consuming than Maxs' previous so called "clucky" word processor, which we preferred

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the Trial first. The first time we ordered the new Max, I didn't try the Trial, since I had upgraded every previous edition from originally DOS in the old days, and never had a problem. Its much different than CRM 12. That didn't work to well, and I ended up cancelling, then re trying the new program the next year. Support has been very good.

-we key in enough data information in individual clients files that we do not need a paper file and can also save application, policy documents and set up expiry lists on travel insurance plans.

We can also use the UDFs in a variety of ways to search lists of clients for new business solicits via e mail or renewals

Maximizer review by User

"A Great Online Alternative"

What do you like best?

We have a small business (only two employees) and this system is easy for me to set up and use and also for my boss to be able to log in and find the information that she needs when I am out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Finicky issues - I like to tab through as I type to use the system, but this is not compatible with the drop down tabs on the system, so I frequently have to switch back and forth between keyboard and mouse which slows me down substantially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very clear when having information imported about the way you would like the information set up. Maximizer techs will set things up for you, but if you don't tell them exactly what you want, you will

We are primarily using the system to organize our database. I love the intergration with Word for mail merges - very handy and time-saving.

Maximizer review by User

"Better than the old one"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily access it from my phone and I like how quick it is compared to the old one

What do you dislike?

I do not like that changes to word documents don't update and you need to continually re-add the document. We use microsoft word for our contracts and have to re-add the contract every time a payment or change is made, this leaves potential for error if anyone forgets to add an up to date contract. In the old Max the documents updated and allowed us to ensure we were all on the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have an understanding this product can really amplify your organization and help you to sell more

We are rather new to the new Max and haven't set up the opportunities yet but I am told it is a great business tool and it will allow us to keep on top of our clients.

Maximizer review by User

"A powerful, customizable tool."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to customize to a very specific use case despite the broad potential application of Maximizer. Unfortunately, sometimes I can't bend it to do my will in the most intuitive way, but often there is a somewhat clunky workaround and it does allow me to have very simple, useful reporting and ongoing tracking of key business matters.

What do you dislike?

Support from Maximizer hasn't answered an important query after submitting at least a month ago. We are heavy users and need support on one issue that is a keystone to our approach. We hope we hear back soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training with a Maximizer support rep. They can help you implement some best practices and save you a lot of time that will pay for the cost of training in itself.

Ensuring that clients are contacted regularly. This can be hard to keep track of, but Maximizer is great for this by setting up a dashboard and working to empty the list, it's helping us to provide good service.

Maximizer review by Curtis H.
Curtis H.

"Solid Program"

What do you like best?

Max is a full featured CRM that integrates really well and is customizable to my financial planning business and lets me make sure I am taking advantage of every possible lead that I can within my own book. It also lets me segment my clients into classes which gives me an opportunity to follow up with the clients that are likely to do more business with me more often than clients that are less likely. This is very helpful to me, especially since I can see it all on the dashboard. I also like the fact that I can organize different products per customer and the program lets me change some key components of these products to better suit that specific customer. It is a program that is tailored for financial advisors but it does not box you in and make you change your business to fit the program. That is a key feature for us

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are hard coded rules you can't change, however their tech support is always pretty good about finding ways around it. I also don't like that sometimes the cloud is slow depending on my internet speed but that is my issue and not maximizers. Overall the upload speeds are very quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask lots of questions, make sure it fits your business and integrates with what you need.

Keeping my clients organized and setting follow ups. Its helping me keep my business more compliant.

Maximizer review by User

"It is hard to program and keep to date and linked to your other systems like Outlook. "

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful program if you know how to use it. Getting over the barrier of know how to use is quite difficult. They expect you to be a bit of a programmer and that is not what I wanted. I am sure once you learn how to program it and learn all of it's quirks it is very good and will help streamline your business.

What do you dislike?

To hard to get started with the program itself, just converting your contacts from what program you were using in the past is quite difficult to the point where there IT guys have problems and screw things up and have to repeat over and over to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a guarantee that they can transfer your data over quickly and efficiently, without duplicating contacts and data. Get a live demo of how to input and keep records updated. Not as straight forward as they claim in the least.

Hard to say as it has not been the best experience to date to say the least.

Maximizer review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

There is no CRM that I have encountered that allows the absolute customization Maximizer does. So many CRMs out there are tailored to a pre-defined industry, purpose or way of doing business.

What do you dislike?

The fact that CRM is a URL based program. It should be an App. EVERYBODY uses their smart phones in business. Yet the inability to get phone notifications for meetings, tasks etc is very limiting. I get too many emails to search through and pay attention to ANOTHER email that is a Maximizer notice. So...I have to run Maximizer AND my Gmail calendars

Just keeping track of my world and the opportunities I need to monitor. Opprtunites Process and stages to be followed.

Maximizer review by User

"It has too many fields & not enough space!"

What do you like best?

I like having my clients all in one place.

What do you dislike?

There are too many fields, it should be more easily customized to the individual company needs. The space for "Tasks" at a 250 character max is ridiculous. Having a household for each client as well as the client show up when a household may not be necessary (single person vs. family) is confusing and messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know exactly what you want before you start. This product should be customizable for your needs. If it can then I believe you will have a great solution to your CRM needs.

The benefit of maximizer as any CRM is the ability of simple client info and history at your fingertips, I would like this interface to be a little more user friendly and not so complicated for the sake of offering EVERYTHING to everyone.

Maximizer review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"CRM that can mold to your business."

What do you like best?

Global search. Ability to separate out contacts vs products for better product support.

What do you dislike?

Need to switch custom columns frequently to performs tasks. Global search cannot be used with other fields than the default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out a free demo and see if you love it. Get expert advice from the Maximizer team on how to best implement.

Tracking our products with the customers that use them on a daily basis. We also use it to track software key associated with hardware for support purposes. The have saved a lot of time by syncing emails with Outlook.

Maximizer review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Great CRM, Simple, Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to make it fit our specific need for the way we do business. We also like that there is a forum to comment on changes that we would like to see. Many of those changes or improvements have been added.

What do you dislike?

There a small visual things that need fixing (fully spelled out dates) but usually these things get taken care of in updates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run, there are so many features that can be made to fit your business. And DEFINITELY get the training. We learned so much more about Maximizer having a certified professional come and train our crew. He was amazing.

The cloud allows all of our sales people to have access to all of our information no matter where they are. The app is great for a quick add of contact or opportunity information

Maximizer review by Joanne M.
Joanne M.

"My Maximizer Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be able to have it link with other programs like outlook, word and excel. I find it easier to use then the previous version we had. it allows us to use outlook as usual and be able to save emails directly into the customer.

What do you dislike?

There are too many steps when you want to look at a previously saved document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure this is the product you are looking for. Take the time to have it implemented properly and take the time to learn all you can before you are up and running to make the most of this product.

It gives us all our clients and vendors at our fingertips. We are able to add and remove employees as they leave the companies. You can merge duplicated entries.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Have been using for the past 15 years now and still satisfied"

What do you like best?

It is an easy CRM to manage and you can easily create segmented client lists attributed to different people on your sales team, therefore allowing easy use of mass email for marketing programs.

What do you dislike?

I find that is does not link social media apps rather well and this can be a good plus for marketing objectives. Other than that it's easy to use and a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and integrate in your sales team, doesnt take much time at all to get going with this software and there is some good training online that will be easy for you to send your sales team information to where they can learn more about the sofrware themselves.

Having to manage effieciently over 500+ clients and information is much easier now with this CRM.

Maximizer review by David M.
David M.

"We use maximizer daily and have for over 20 years"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is always being updated with new features, I try to keep up and it forces me to grow with the platform.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice if we could save excel sheet to maximizer the way we do with word. It would save time, in financial services we are always working with spread sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Maximizer for over 20 years. We have grown with the company and still today sometimes I feel like I still have so much to learn. I would recommend Maxmizer to any business, the only warning is that if you try it give yourself time to actually learn and grow until it becomes part of your business process.

Keeping all the clients, prospects in the CRM. Using opportunities and customer services cases helps keep us organized.

Maximizer review by Wendy B.
Wendy B.

"To Be or Not to Be"

What do you like best?

I loved everything about this program, it made me better at my job. Get Byard Wood (Vancouver office if he is still there) to train you on it and you'll never look back!

What do you dislike?

Our company switched to Mac and Maximizer wasnt up to speed on Mac.. I feel like I lost my best asset. I wish I was still a user of Maximizer, we have switched to Pipedrive and I miss my CRM.

Apparently I have to hit the button currently a user but I'm not anymore, but it wont validate my review unless I do. So that doesnt seem fair if you are given the option??

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

It helped me be accountable to my word with my clients and reminded me what I had promised and when.

Maximizer review by Keenan H.
Keenan H.

"Excels in Multiple Areas"

What do you like best?

Maximizer's best quality is its Action Plans - simple to set up while powerful to use. Action plans can generate yearly tasks, calls and meetings which make streamlining a client service business very easy. Furthermore, you can associate Action Plans with Segmentation of clients, thus fully integrating your Client Segmentation ensuring that each client receives particular consistent service.

What do you dislike?

Maxmimzer's calendar is lacking. Making an appointment is not fast enough and there should be a capability to view two different calendars transposed on eachother. Further, making appointments at the same time seems unreasonably slow (lots of meetings intersect with eachother)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to data map your info from Excel to Maximizer when you first start. Try everything available. Learn how to use UDFs and Key Fields!

Have a schedule for client relations/ Effectively classifying out clients/ saving all emails related to client activities/ using cloud to make client documents accessible anywhere/ sending mass emails

Maximizer review by Jaime  B.
Jaime B.

"Not Easy to use"

What do you like best?

it uploads pdfs and Documents to the contacts profile quickly and data entry is a breeze

What do you dislike?

when Exporting history reports from the contacts notes is very difficult especially when it does not pick up all of the notes. its not the best configuration to work with. wish the contacts profile was a lot easier to see then to have all these tabs that are useless....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make Sure to do your research and also maybe find out if there is a way to utulize all aspects of maximizer. if there is training seminars provided for free then take them. but either then that the price point is not at all what should be worth to run...

We are a Temp Agency. the only benefit is the address book.

Maximizer review by kristin d.
kristin d.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that the system isn't complicated. That there is a lot that you can do with it...but that you can use it in the simplest of ways and it still be very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I think it not having a recycling bin is the only thing I dislike. Like once something is deleted its gone.

The task feature is nice. So I can remind myself to look into something in a couple days. Having separate calendars but that we can still view eachothers calendars if we need too.

Maximizer review by Darrel M.
Darrel M.

"Maximizer has become the centre of our administrative systems. "

What do you like best?

The software allows us to manage all our customer and supplier contact information in a centralized system. We also use the system to keep track of customer quotations, and track customer service requests and job scheduling. It would be difficult for our staff to manage their workload without Maximizer.

What do you dislike?

The set up of the various modules can be a little complicated and time consuming. We have an local dealer (Cencomp) that provides excellent service on the product. We can really count on them to help us develop systems that make our life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you really have to think about the "end result" that you are trying to achieve. You can waste a lot of time and energy if you are not clear on what you want to accomplish. This is also where a good, local dealer can help you.

Important emails and documents are stored and are at your fingertips at all times. Service requests are tracked.....nothing falls between the cracks.

Maximizer review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"Best CRM I have ever used."

What do you like best?

I have been using Maximizer since 1996. It has such flexibility, we use it far beyond the limits of other CRM programs I have used. There are endless ways of organizing data, merging to documents, creating reports, keeping track of important notes, to do's and so on. Some of the new features in recent years, such as campaigns and opportunities have added even more to the overall usefulness of the CRM environment.

What do you dislike?

As a new cloud use in the last year or so, I miss the speed of the desktop version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer will do a lot more for your business than you think, it is in a league of its own. If you are not sure, ask for support, it will be worth it.

Max helps us stay in touch daily with every part of our business. We always have the information we need and we are able to access that information in the the various ways we need. This keeps us productive.

"MAXIMIZER is reliable!"

What do you like best?

MAX is such a robust system. the financial planner version with all the templates are fantastic, such a time saver for set up. As well as the ability to create our own UDF, templates, instead of our old system relying on someone to create them for us. The customer service is fantastic, always there when you call upon them.

What do you dislike?

the search function in accounts module is not contact based searched like the contact list is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LOVE IT! If your thinking about switching, don't hesitate or delay like we did.

our old system was not instantly syncing, unreliable and not trustworthy for keeping inputted data. MAX is very quick, reliable and able to trust our preset processes into place in a efficient manner, being more productive!

Maximizer review by Roberto  C.
Roberto C.

"First time user "

What do you like best?

Its user friendly and easy to learn and navigate. What i particularly like about Maximizer is the readily accessible video tutorials

What do you dislike?

nothing really in particular, maybe more on the aesthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use and explore the other features. Customization also helps improve your work flow and efficiency as you can tailor fit it based on the information that you frequently access and use for your day to day activities. The readily available tutorial videos are a big help since you can watch them with a simple click on the mouse. What needs to be improve though is the phone app which is currently not as user friendly as the desktop version.

Organizing my leads and being able to track progress

Maximizer review by Maria W.
Maria W.

"Great interface, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

User friendly capabilities and the changing interface dependant on what you are using it for. I feel like this system can be used throughout many industries to allow a group to work cohesively together. The continued enhancements Maximizer is providing with linking their product with different applications is the waive of the future.

What do you dislike?

Not many drawbacks, if anything can be corrected to be more optimal for the workplace, Maximizer seems to be able to put that in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest to use CRM options out there!

Inability to input large tasks (schedule a todo) or share those respective tasks within the team.

It has been great for the calendar function and the auto emails to clients.

Maximizer review by George E.
George E.

"I have used this product for over four years since I set up my company & it perfectly fits my needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to log all my interactions with potential and actual clients and enable me to find them rapidly. I often can only recall part of a name or just a partial address and Maximizer allows me to find the contact and my history rapidly. The program is simple to set up and use for a small business and being cloud-based doesn't require any on-premises IT resources beyond broadband. We have found our Maximizer cloud service provider, Advoco Solutions, to be very reliable and helpful with scheduling regular application updates.

In my past corporate environment we used a competitor product which was far too complex and difficult to use and Maximizer has been a breath of fresh air in comparison!

What do you dislike?

The Microsoft Outlook interface could be a bit smoother and the ability to pull in emails from other mail programs would be useful, neither of which critically impact my use of Maximizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would especially recommend Maximizer cloud to small and start-up businesses with limited IT knowledge and resources, as it is very easy to implement, reliable and regularly updated.

The main problem Maximizer solves for me is keeping track of the many contacts I interact with and enabling me to rapidly find them and their history. As a small business keeping on top of the many interactions with potential and actual clients is very important in ensuring we deliver a professional service to clients which imparts confidence that we can deliver projects for them. Without Maximizer it would be impossible to efficiently run a small consulting company like ours.

Maximizer review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

Very adaptable to suit various needs. We love being able to access from anywhere. The support staff are wonderful. Always a pleasure to work with them.

What do you dislike?

I preferred the desktop version for its speed, the Web version is slightly slower to load but we are getting used to it (on premise installation, not hosted).

We are a service company and use Maximizer to schedule to obviously track clients but also, schedule estimates and service calls. We just started using a web form that connects directly to the database from a form on our website so that information does not have to be re-entered, just confirmed. We also use our own forms made in Word and it is great to be able to easily bring client data over into these forms.

"Convenient Database"

What do you like best?

User interface and convenient layout are clean and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. I like being able to easily export lists and update customer/ member info

What do you dislike?

It's hard to train people on at first with all the various filters, search set up fields and search preferences. If the administrator isn't using this program everyday/ often I find that it becomes difficult to remember where everything is and what to do each time. I feel like it's not built for occasional use/ for smaller businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better for companies with large customer/ member databases but still proves to be useful for small businesses looking to keep a clean and updated database.

The big benefit is being able to keep track of all the companies and their changing address or when they have multiple addresses for their plants and site. We like being able to track who we've been in contact with and the last time they might have received communication from us

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Grow, Streamline, and CYA With Maximizer"

What do you like best?

I love having all my client files in one place, integrated with a calendar, email records, and client notes. The platform allows fluid communication between administration, operations, and sales and marketing. Before Maximizer we were guessing at segmentation within our client base. Now we can record, monitor and report on customized client data points to offer the client what they really want.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Maximizer is so versatile means that you really do need to focus and pre-determine your use of it. It is all too easy to develop new and wonderful things to do with the platform. My advice is to really do a proper job of a user needs analysis and user adoption rate estimation prior to spending the time to develop new system interfaces within Maximizer. Aside from this, I would say that the constant updates that alter the way in which we use the system means we are having to reinvent our processes and procedures on a regular basis. This also has the unintended effect of creating user apathy and adoption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been able to very successfully segment our client base and target our communications accordingly. We would not be able to deliver the level of client service to the large volume of clients we have, without a comprehensive CRM like Maximizer.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Very easy to keep track of day to day tasks relating to client management"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user friendly platform as well as the organization - I am able to keep track of daily tasks via "hotlist" and reminders. All information pertaining to clients, even incoming and outgoing emails can be track all under the client's household. The platform allows up-to-date client information to be stored for upcoming meetings so you don't miss out on any pertinent information. Great product, would recommend to friends and other businesses. The customer service and ease of help is wonderful. Anytime I have had to contact support, its been simple and easy. Maximizer has a wonderful support team, very responsive, knowledgeable and organized. I use the system to mostly communicate client interactions with the rest of the administrative team and our advisors. Since everything can be saved in the one space its easy to pick up where another co-worker leaves off. The video tutorials provide great access to a wealth of knowledge and are very helpful. The calendar is a wonder feature as well.

What do you dislike?

The system is a little slow when trying to forward stored emails, under "files". I cannot think of anything else at this time. For my purposes, as a client facing administrative assistant, the program works fine. I would recommend this CRM to colleagues and friends alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

Detailed client information can be stored in one place and easily obtained by anyone in our office. This provides ease and organization in a client facing office environment.

Learn more about Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM Videos

Learning about Maximizer CRM?

* We monitor all Maximizer CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.