Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM

Maximizer offers a simple, accessible customer relationship management (CRM software) solutions for small and medium-sized businesses

Work for Maximizer CRM?

Learning about Maximizer?

Maximizer CRM Reviews

Ask Maximizer a Question
Showing 225 Maximizer reviews
Maximizer review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Serves the purpose it is intended for"

What do you like best?

Maximizer runs a relatively light platform, from a Administrator position this helps as it allows for large amounts of data to be accessible within short periods of time. Compared to other CRM options this is for sure a big plus for my experience with Maximzier.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the competitors, Maximizer looks (especially before the light re-skin) like a website from the 90s. Everything is very modular and blocky, this creates a steep learning curve for new users to the platform as most features are not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to format any existing data (outlook, Salesforce, other address books / data aggregators) to fit Maximizer as best you can. Saves lots of work trying to format it post import.

The primary problem we had is storing client details, everything from household details to retirement projections. As a result Maximizer serves the role of a database and serves that role well. We have realized over time that Maximizer has some interesting reporting features that we have used to help filter the overall client list.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Maximizer CRM
Maximizer review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Great Product and Awesome Support"

What do you like best?

Maximizer CRM Live is an amazingly simple product to use. It has all the features that SME requires plus more. The company really backs its product by ensuring the on-boarding process is simple, easy, and effective. My users have had a great experiencing on-boarding to this product and the questions are minimal. The ability to access this product on-site and remote for our sales teams is awesome. The administration experience is by far so easy.

What do you dislike?

I really wish this product had 100% Mac support. I have a segment of my users that use Apple who can't fully use the integration features which they wish they could. I am told however that this is in the works. Here's hoping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer is a great and very supportive company. The support is beyond great. Any road blocks will be immediately cleared once you contact them if you are having issues.

Mobile sales teams now have access to the product. We have upgraded from an older version to bring our sales and opportunity data together in a single, easy to use platform. Customer service, Sales and the C-suite now have real visibility into the pipeline.

What CRM solution do you use?

Maximizer review by Dana C.
Dana C.

"It has definitely done what we got it for!"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is pretty easy to use. We've been able to customize it quite easily for our needs. It's nice to have a standard format/location for all client-related documents/correspondence. The Action Plans have proved invaluable to me! It's nice being able to enter it and forget it because I know Maximizer will remind me. The service techs seem willing to help me find solutions to my problems, but at times they've been stopped due to things being "in development" or "being considered".

What do you dislike?

Their telephone system is incredibly frustrating!! I've brought it to their attention many times in my post-service surveys but nothing has changed. Sometimes the response time for service leaves a little to be desired as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some thinking about what you want it to do/how you want it to do it before you start setting things up. if possible, talk to another user beforehand.

We had an antiquated system for records management and find it really easy to save and access documents for reference by all team members.

Maximizer review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"Good software - to small user group in Scandinavia"

What do you like best?

Maximzier is a good and (now) solid CRM. Over the years, functionality and UI have been improved and the product is now quite modern. It handles all the tasks a CRM should handle.

What do you dislike?

It appears that the software is build as patches on patches. This makes some of the tasks quite slow. Also the way selection of contacts in the customer database works seems strange. It takes forever to fetch all contacts from a selected group of companies. Finally the sync with Outlook continues to cause issuess - especially with recurring events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really consider the Cloud solution over the on-premises. We are not able to use the Cloud solution yet as we have som elegacy software, that will not work with that.

Well, Customer Relationship Management :-) We keep track of all our customers and activities across five sales teams and two locations.

Maximizer review by Clauser P.
Clauser P.

"Like a perfect shepherd!"

What do you like best?

Leads are like sheeps that sometime can to run away flock, you have so many to take care that eventually your busy and trouble life can distract you. Maximizer CRM helps a lot put all those "sheeps" on front of you showing all the threats and strongs. A trully helpful tools to manage your leads with quality and eficacy.

What do you dislike?

Maybe not have a module to extract spreadsheets and graphics with specific filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommended! Don't think you have the super man mind or your outlook is a perfect task schedule. You need an appropriate tool.

Lost opportunities because missing touch with the customer was the priority problem to solve, we realized a increase of conversion rate.

Maximizer review by Ray B.
Ray B.

"Maximizer CRM Live - Some Good Points, some really bad ones"

What do you like best?

No Server required - cloud based- that solved our problem of updating our server, server software, and outside IT costs, so really its less expensive EVEN on a subscription base

-more functions available

-easy to log on from anywhere

What do you dislike?

-Can't just import a new lead with e mail like the old days

-To print an address label or envelope takes many more steps than previous program

-Freezes at times, after being inactive, so I have to log back on

-Program forces you to key in more details than you really need on a new suspect for a quote

-Intergration with Word is actually much more difficult and time consuming than Maxs' previous so called "clucky" word processor, which we preferred

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the Trial first. The first time we ordered the new Max, I didn't try the Trial, since I had upgraded every previous edition from originally DOS in the old days, and never had a problem. Its much different than CRM 12. That didn't work to well, and I ended up cancelling, then re trying the new program the next year. Support has been very good.

-we key in enough data information in individual clients files that we do not need a paper file and can also save application, policy documents and set up expiry lists on travel insurance plans.

We can also use the UDFs in a variety of ways to search lists of clients for new business solicits via e mail or renewals

Maximizer review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Customisable software with a fantastic team behind it"

What do you like best?

The staff at Maximizer have been very flexible and always listen carefully to our needs and requests. They go out of their way to make sure the CRM is working well for us, and have always been very proactive in fixing any issues that come up.

The CRM itself is customisable and quite user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the terminology in the CRM can be a bit confusing, especially to non-regular user. While as a whole Maximizer is very customisable, there are some fields that cannot be deleted or hidden, despite having no relevance to our data. While this is not a major issue, it can make the screen appear cluttered with unnecessary, empty field and again can cause some confusion for non-regular users.

Maximizer allows us to track our clients effectively and manage our support programmes. This how allowed us to work more efficiently, as we are able to spot trends and adapt our strategy accordingly.

Maximizer review by User

"A Great Online Alternative"

What do you like best?

We have a small business (only two employees) and this system is easy for me to set up and use and also for my boss to be able to log in and find the information that she needs when I am out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Finicky issues - I like to tab through as I type to use the system, but this is not compatible with the drop down tabs on the system, so I frequently have to switch back and forth between keyboard and mouse which slows me down substantially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very clear when having information imported about the way you would like the information set up. Maximizer techs will set things up for you, but if you don't tell them exactly what you want, you will

We are primarily using the system to organize our database. I love the intergration with Word for mail merges - very handy and time-saving.

Maximizer review by User

"Better than the old one"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily access it from my phone and I like how quick it is compared to the old one

What do you dislike?

I do not like that changes to word documents don't update and you need to continually re-add the document. We use microsoft word for our contracts and have to re-add the contract every time a payment or change is made, this leaves potential for error if anyone forgets to add an up to date contract. In the old Max the documents updated and allowed us to ensure we were all on the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have an understanding this product can really amplify your organization and help you to sell more

We are rather new to the new Max and haven't set up the opportunities yet but I am told it is a great business tool and it will allow us to keep on top of our clients.

Maximizer review by User

"A powerful, customizable tool."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to customize to a very specific use case despite the broad potential application of Maximizer. Unfortunately, sometimes I can't bend it to do my will in the most intuitive way, but often there is a somewhat clunky workaround and it does allow me to have very simple, useful reporting and ongoing tracking of key business matters.

What do you dislike?

Support from Maximizer hasn't answered an important query after submitting at least a month ago. We are heavy users and need support on one issue that is a keystone to our approach. We hope we hear back soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training with a Maximizer support rep. They can help you implement some best practices and save you a lot of time that will pay for the cost of training in itself.

Ensuring that clients are contacted regularly. This can be hard to keep track of, but Maximizer is great for this by setting up a dashboard and working to empty the list, it's helping us to provide good service.

Maximizer review by Curtis H.
Curtis H.

"Solid Program"

What do you like best?

Max is a full featured CRM that integrates really well and is customizable to my financial planning business and lets me make sure I am taking advantage of every possible lead that I can within my own book. It also lets me segment my clients into classes which gives me an opportunity to follow up with the clients that are likely to do more business with me more often than clients that are less likely. This is very helpful to me, especially since I can see it all on the dashboard. I also like the fact that I can organize different products per customer and the program lets me change some key components of these products to better suit that specific customer. It is a program that is tailored for financial advisors but it does not box you in and make you change your business to fit the program. That is a key feature for us

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are hard coded rules you can't change, however their tech support is always pretty good about finding ways around it. I also don't like that sometimes the cloud is slow depending on my internet speed but that is my issue and not maximizers. Overall the upload speeds are very quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask lots of questions, make sure it fits your business and integrates with what you need.

Keeping my clients organized and setting follow ups. Its helping me keep my business more compliant.

Maximizer review by User

"It is hard to program and keep to date and linked to your other systems like Outlook. "

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful program if you know how to use it. Getting over the barrier of know how to use is quite difficult. They expect you to be a bit of a programmer and that is not what I wanted. I am sure once you learn how to program it and learn all of it's quirks it is very good and will help streamline your business.

What do you dislike?

To hard to get started with the program itself, just converting your contacts from what program you were using in the past is quite difficult to the point where there IT guys have problems and screw things up and have to repeat over and over to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a guarantee that they can transfer your data over quickly and efficiently, without duplicating contacts and data. Get a live demo of how to input and keep records updated. Not as straight forward as they claim in the least.

Hard to say as it has not been the best experience to date to say the least.

Maximizer review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

There is no CRM that I have encountered that allows the absolute customization Maximizer does. So many CRMs out there are tailored to a pre-defined industry, purpose or way of doing business.

What do you dislike?

The fact that CRM is a URL based program. It should be an App. EVERYBODY uses their smart phones in business. Yet the inability to get phone notifications for meetings, tasks etc is very limiting. I get too many emails to search through and pay attention to ANOTHER email that is a Maximizer notice. So...I have to run Maximizer AND my Gmail calendars

Just keeping track of my world and the opportunities I need to monitor. Opprtunites Process and stages to be followed.

Maximizer review by David C.
David C.

"Has enabled me to easily manage Sales prospects and plan trips far more effectively than my peers."

What do you like best?

User-defined fields that I use to tailor a profile of Companies, Individuals, and Company Contacts, and unlimited Notes, and quick-access to all outgoing and incoming documentation for each Contact.

What do you dislike?

LIVE has eliminated keyboard shortcuts that kept my hands on the keyboard. I now have to leave the keyboard, find the mouse, find the cursor, move the cursor, click on it, then return to the keyboard. A simple TAB, ALT+key, or CNTL+key action would save a few seconds, several times per minute.

Earlier editions enabled me to see the Company/Individual/Contact profile, other Contacts within the Company, all Notes, all Documents, and a rendition of Outlook, all one one view. That functionality has been lost in LIVE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I've stated to people in Maximizer Support, previous editions of Maximizer provided multiple pathways to use the keyboard or the mouse to complete tasks. This benefitted users trained to use a keyboard without looking at it. But LIVE has essentially penalized skilled keyboard users by removing features that enabled such users to keep their hands ON THE KEYBOARD to quickly inputting data instead of fumbling about. Such users are now forced several times per minute of data entry to leave the keyboard, find the mouse, find the cursor, move the cursor to a data field, click on it, then return to the keyboard and re-orient. Doing that several times per minute becomes frustrating.

Simple keyboard entry of dates (like 102154 to indicate October 21, 1954) and time (like 954a to indicate 9:54 AM), auto-capitalization of the names of Companies, and Last/First/Middle names of Individuals/Contacts, one TAB access to the 'OK' dialog box, ALT+key, & CNTL+Key shortcuts, and many other keyboard shortcut provisions are all gone. Hence why I indicate that Maximizer is not going in the right direction.

Still, Maximizer's User Defined Fields and reasonably quick-access to Notes & Documents puts the user miles ahead of peers using Outlook and/or Google. And the mobile app -- something I've never previously had -- is certain to be extremely useful to me when I cannot easily pull out my notebook computer and get online, like when driving down the road. Now all I have to do is pull over and perform a few touches to find out what I need to know, and/or update a Company/Individual/Contact.

Maybe my suggestions on LIVE from long experience with Maximizer products will be considered; maybe their direction will shift back toward restoring and maintaining multiple pathways to input data, reflecting the myriad of interface preferences to be expected from a diverse cross-section of users.

Maximizer enables me to retain my history with groups of Contacts in specific localities, which points the way as to what to do next in that locality.

Maximizer review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Great CRM, Simple, Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to make it fit our specific need for the way we do business. We also like that there is a forum to comment on changes that we would like to see. Many of those changes or improvements have been added.

What do you dislike?

There a small visual things that need fixing (fully spelled out dates) but usually these things get taken care of in updates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run, there are so many features that can be made to fit your business. And DEFINITELY get the training. We learned so much more about Maximizer having a certified professional come and train our crew. He was amazing.

The cloud allows all of our sales people to have access to all of our information no matter where they are. The app is great for a quick add of contact or opportunity information

Maximizer review by Keenan H.
Keenan H.

"Excels in Multiple Areas"

What do you like best?

Maximizer's best quality is its Action Plans - simple to set up while powerful to use. Action plans can generate yearly tasks, calls and meetings which make streamlining a client service business very easy. Furthermore, you can associate Action Plans with Segmentation of clients, thus fully integrating your Client Segmentation ensuring that each client receives particular consistent service.

What do you dislike?

Maxmimzer's calendar is lacking. Making an appointment is not fast enough and there should be a capability to view two different calendars transposed on eachother. Further, making appointments at the same time seems unreasonably slow (lots of meetings intersect with eachother)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to data map your info from Excel to Maximizer when you first start. Try everything available. Learn how to use UDFs and Key Fields!

Have a schedule for client relations/ Effectively classifying out clients/ saving all emails related to client activities/ using cloud to make client documents accessible anywhere/ sending mass emails

Maximizer review by Darrel M.
Darrel M.

"Maximizer has become the centre of our administrative systems. "

What do you like best?

The software allows us to manage all our customer and supplier contact information in a centralized system. We also use the system to keep track of customer quotations, and track customer service requests and job scheduling. It would be difficult for our staff to manage their workload without Maximizer.

What do you dislike?

The set up of the various modules can be a little complicated and time consuming. We have an local dealer (Cencomp) that provides excellent service on the product. We can really count on them to help us develop systems that make our life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you really have to think about the "end result" that you are trying to achieve. You can waste a lot of time and energy if you are not clear on what you want to accomplish. This is also where a good, local dealer can help you.

Important emails and documents are stored and are at your fingertips at all times. Service requests are tracked.....nothing falls between the cracks.

Maximizer review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"Best CRM I have ever used."

What do you like best?

I have been using Maximizer since 1996. It has such flexibility, we use it far beyond the limits of other CRM programs I have used. There are endless ways of organizing data, merging to documents, creating reports, keeping track of important notes, to do's and so on. Some of the new features in recent years, such as campaigns and opportunities have added even more to the overall usefulness of the CRM environment.

What do you dislike?

As a new cloud use in the last year or so, I miss the speed of the desktop version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer will do a lot more for your business than you think, it is in a league of its own. If you are not sure, ask for support, it will be worth it.

Max helps us stay in touch daily with every part of our business. We always have the information we need and we are able to access that information in the the various ways we need. This keeps us productive.

"MAXIMIZER is reliable!"

What do you like best?

MAX is such a robust system. the financial planner version with all the templates are fantastic, such a time saver for set up. As well as the ability to create our own UDF, templates, instead of our old system relying on someone to create them for us. The customer service is fantastic, always there when you call upon them.

What do you dislike?

the search function in accounts module is not contact based searched like the contact list is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

LOVE IT! If your thinking about switching, don't hesitate or delay like we did.

our old system was not instantly syncing, unreliable and not trustworthy for keeping inputted data. MAX is very quick, reliable and able to trust our preset processes into place in a efficient manner, being more productive!

Maximizer review by George E.
George E.

"I have used this product for over four years since I set up my company & it perfectly fits my needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to log all my interactions with potential and actual clients and enable me to find them rapidly. I often can only recall part of a name or just a partial address and Maximizer allows me to find the contact and my history rapidly. The program is simple to set up and use for a small business and being cloud-based doesn't require any on-premises IT resources beyond broadband. We have found our Maximizer cloud service provider, Advoco Solutions, to be very reliable and helpful with scheduling regular application updates.

In my past corporate environment we used a competitor product which was far too complex and difficult to use and Maximizer has been a breath of fresh air in comparison!

What do you dislike?

The Microsoft Outlook interface could be a bit smoother and the ability to pull in emails from other mail programs would be useful, neither of which critically impact my use of Maximizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would especially recommend Maximizer cloud to small and start-up businesses with limited IT knowledge and resources, as it is very easy to implement, reliable and regularly updated.

The main problem Maximizer solves for me is keeping track of the many contacts I interact with and enabling me to rapidly find them and their history. As a small business keeping on top of the many interactions with potential and actual clients is very important in ensuring we deliver a professional service to clients which imparts confidence that we can deliver projects for them. Without Maximizer it would be impossible to efficiently run a small consulting company like ours.

Maximizer review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"Very pleased."

What do you like best?

Communication tracking with clients, ease of attaching emails to client files. Stores a lot of information about clients that is easy to access.

What do you dislike?

Some fields I don't need and can't delete, some fields I would like to have and don't. In fairness, I have a specialized financial advising practice- this is the most relevant, easy to use, cost effective CRM that I reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take some time to learn how to use all of the features well, but it's worth working through the learning curve. Calling support has always worked well for me- questions are answered in one phone call.

Tracking client contact, reminders to follow up with clients on specific items. Keeps all of my needed information in one program.

Maximizer review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

Very adaptable to suit various needs. We love being able to access from anywhere. The support staff are wonderful. Always a pleasure to work with them.

What do you dislike?

I preferred the desktop version for its speed, the Web version is slightly slower to load but we are getting used to it (on premise installation, not hosted).

We are a service company and use Maximizer to schedule to obviously track clients but also, schedule estimates and service calls. We just started using a web form that connects directly to the database from a form on our website so that information does not have to be re-entered, just confirmed. We also use our own forms made in Word and it is great to be able to easily bring client data over into these forms.

Maximizer review by Mary Q.
Mary Q.

"Maximizer - The one and only CRM you will ever need!"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is a completely customizable application which makes it a true CRM winner! Information is always at your fingertips, and note entry is simple, especially with the mobile app talk/note entry feature. A user can easily retrieve tasks to do for any given day/week, view opportunities in the pipeline to ensure not missing a prospect, and evaluate sales closed versus quotas set-up for each month/quarter/year.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see an improvement in the 'alarm' feature. The user should have the option to turn on or off sound / pop-up alerts for alarms. Currently, there is only a visual side-bar reminder, but no pop-up or sound reminder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up! It is well worth the investment. If you close one sale due to the efficiency you will have with Maximizer CRM, your investment is paid for.

Maximizer keeps all of our client data well organized with the contact details, notes and activities features. At any point we can enter important data whether one is at the office, or on the go with the mobile app. We are able to stay up-to-date at all times, with information at our fingertips for quick reference.

Maximizer review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"Our Business Runs on Maximzier"

What do you like best?

All of our client information is in once place. Our office of 6 people can easily share and update client information, and keep track of each other's schedules and appointments using a shared calendar. It really has become the foundation of our business.

What do you dislike?

We recently upgraded to Maximizer 16 (from Maximizer 12) and chose the Web Browser version. We miss some functionality that the Windows Desktop Application offered. It has taken some getting used to. We are still glad that we went through with the upgrade and this new version offers very good off-site web access as well as mobile access through our smart phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer has worked well for us over the years to help us manage approximately 1,000 client entries.

By adding Notes, Documents, and E-mails to our clients' Address Book entries, it allows us to remain compliant and organized in a heavily regulated industry (Financial Services). Our investment dealer offers us a customized CRM platform using SalesForce as a foundation. Even though this is something we pay for and use from time to time, we chose to stick with Maximizer as our main way to keep track of our clients. We have used it for years and are committed to it in the near future.

Maximizer review by Connie C.
Connie C.

"I use Maximizer for everything"

What do you like best?

Maximizer helps keep you organized and on top of everything. One place to find everything and one place where everything is connected. It all starts with a person or a company and then you connect your notes, emails, documents, phone calls, tasks & appointments. I use Maximizer for everything because I only want to have 1 place to look - it is easy to search.

What do you dislike?

This is a hard question because i love Maximizer and all that it does. If I had to improve any area it may be the synchronization with Outlook (just to make it easier).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what your goals are for using the product. Take the time to customize Maximizer to suit your business. Enter in data that is timely and accurate, keep it clean and up to date.

Keeping Track of Follow ups and new requests by using the Task Management system (Hotlist), Search feature (finding groups of requests - targeting customers) and Opportunities module (tracking pending sales). Benefits to this would be converting prospect to customer, more customers, staying on top of the follow ups..

Maximizer review by Sean W.
Sean W.

"Good Fit for Small Business"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Maximizer is that I can install it on my own in-house server and rest well knowing that I have complete ownership of my data, and I am not hoping/praying that some random "cloud" CRM provider doesn't go belly up without notice.

When I was looking around for a new CRM solution for my small business, I found the 99% of the other options are entirely cloud based. I find it really hard to understand how any smart business person would put all of their customer data into some random, tiny CRM startup that could go belly up tomorrow with no advance notice. This assumption of risk baffles me.

I also feel that the pricing model is reasonable for a moderately successful small business.

What do you dislike?

It seems like each new release only adds a few new features of modest improvement around the edges. Some of the new features are really of limited use for me (e.g. crazy in-depth auditing is not applicable to most small businesses). I wish they would start working on improvements to some core stuff that users have been clamoring for on the suggestions website.

I use Maximizer to keep track of open Opportunities. My industry has a very long sales cycle, and I need a way to keep track of everything that happens over the long lifecycle of a single Opportunity. Searching through old e-mails to figure out the whole history of a particular opportunity became intolerable. I bought Maximizer to solve that issue.

I am also hoping to start using Maximizer's built-in marketing tools for e-mail newsletters and communications with existing customers. I am excited about the new API connection with MailChimp for this purpose.

Maximizer review by Terry M.
Terry M.

"23 Years with Maximizer. Can't Live Without Maximizer!!!!"

What do you like best?

I love its ease-of-use! I've evaluated other packages and NONE of them compare to Maximizer. I pride myself in that I can look at a software application and figure it out. I could do that with Maximizer. I could not with the others. You can't go wrong with Maximizer. The support staff is very responsive. I love it!!! It works like I think and work. I love the whole package.

What do you dislike?

This is actually going to be hard to answer. When I first started using Maximizer CRM Live, there was a small learning curve. At first I did not like the way they did some things. I was used to doing it the old way with the 20+ years of previous versions. When I got used to the new way, I actually liked it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well! In short, quit thinking about it and just sign up to start using Maximizer. You are crazy not to sign up. If you don't sign up with Maximizer, it is going to be "YOUR LOSS!!!!"

Maximizer CRM Live has better logging than previous versions. I'm also getting a better handle on keeping track of support calls with their Customer Support module. I still have some things to iron out with that. I can't wait to get it up in running in full force. This will make my billing SO MUCH easier. I'm hoping to cut hours off of my billing procedures.

Maximizer review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"With latest vesion is very solid"

What do you like best?

This program may be simple compared to some of the intense CRM programs on the market but it fits our needs and buying cycles very well. At Xibita we build some of the best trade show displays in the world but the average buying cycle is 3 years

What do you dislike?

I wish the build in email program was a bit better. We use it in conjunction with Outlook and their save to client ling is quite good in tracking incoming and outgoing emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to install, the "cloud" version is flawless and their client support is exceptional

With the long buying cycle of trade show displays it allow us to program follow up calls in the future very well with their "hot list" application.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Extremely Customizable, Almost to a Fault"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of freedom in the Maximizer program - everything is incredibly customizable. You can choose to edit almost any portion of the program to suit what you need. We don't use it at this point, but I can imagine that having many users on the same system would be extremely useful because every employee has access to the same up to date information and knows what stage a file / client is at so they can be informed what the next steps are to complete the file (in our case, it's mortgages and follow ups afterwards).

What do you dislike?

The program is almost too complicated to get started because you are required to set it up to use. If that isn't your area of expertise, it can be very difficult to set it up and think ahead of the uses you need to prepare it to be able to search for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you really need from the product and how any changes will affect you before starting the process.

We are able to save documents, which has been very handy with little files or notes that we used to save into a section on the computer and have to search for, but are now connected directly with the client info when you search. We have also thorough enjoyed printing labels directly from the program and being able to customize those labels before even leaving Maximizer. Sometimes we want to include the company, sometimes we don't, but we have the option to change this within the program first so it knows which information to pull and print out onto the labels. It is also accessible from anywhere, so when we are not within the office, we still can have secure access to information that we have been putting into the system.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Very useful to keeping all my contacts with client and customers in one place"

What do you like best?

I use the online Maximizer version. As a result, I can access it from any device and the info is always up-to-date. All my email and phone contact info is in one place. All the emails in and out are also kept under each client and contact, so I can more easily retrieve that info later.

What do you dislike?

Using Maximizer on the ipad or iPhone is good, but could be improved. I can only see my appointments on a weekly basis, instead of over the entire calendar.

Since I take good notes within Maximizer and link all phone calls and emails out and back for each client and contact, I can review ALL my contacts for a client for the past year when I do their year-end work. Then, I can see in a report, all my comments, all our interactions and events and appointments and emails that I had with a client and incorporate that into my year-end discussions with my tax/accounting clients. This helps me know my client better and it impresses them that I remember events and tasks from 10 months ago and more.

Maximizer review by Katelyn B.
Katelyn B.

"Visually unappealing "

What do you like best?

It gets the job done, but visually it’s a cluster and difficult to navigate. There’s small print and too much information on the database screen that you have to scroll over to see everything

What do you dislike?

The visuals are outdated. The database view is jam packed with information with small print. Everything feels like it has extra steps to accomplish tasks. It also crashes a lot.

I have over 1,000 clients I deal with and Maximizer allows me to organize them my state, alphabetically, time zone... many different sorting options.

Maximizer review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"Use Maximizer everyday and couldn't imagine working without it."

What do you like best?

All client contact and information is in one place and easily accesable. Actions plans can be setup for regular tasks. E-mail templates make regular client contact easy. I can add UDF's to keep track of, and sort any information I choose.

What do you dislike?

Program used to be directly linked to my office phone so it would dial the client or prompt me to log the call when I answered a call. With Maximizer Live I no longer have those features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Maximizer Live (the web based version), it costs more but well worth it from a time savings point of view (no updates to worry about installing) and data is security stored off site.

Regular KYC updating. Providing client contact proof for audit purposes. Able to manage client rlationships better since up to date accurate information is always close at hand.

Maximizer review by Aroop V.
Aroop V.

"CRM for sammll to medium firms"

What do you like best?

Outlook Integration, apart from the standard integration, I have created a custom integration where by when an enquiry comes to the company email, the script searches Maximizer and retrieve the details based on email and phone, also allows to add the details and update the details. The database/view structure and the user defined fields are well designed by Maximizer

What do you dislike?

In Address book you cant search for fields in other modules like opportunities. This is one major disadvantage of Maximizer. also when you open opportunities, it tries to load all current opportunities without any discretion. Entering data is more difficult comparing desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, ease of use excellent customer support

CRM, Simple and easy to use, sructured and securitised

Maximizer review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Basic CRM functionality that lacks beneficial integrations"

What do you like best?

Maximizer CRM provides a basic level CRM for small businesses. It handles large search queries fairly well, but depending on volume may need some performance optimizations on the backend.

What do you dislike?

Maximizer CRM does not provide integrations of many major third-party platforms. Without these integrations, it is very difficult to sync back to the CRM. Many alternatives provide better integration. Among the integrations missing include, HubSpot, Lead Forensics, Google Analytics, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other options when considering a CRM. Be sure to select a CRM that will not only fill the CRM function in your organization but also one that will integrate with the other platforms that your Sales and Marketing Teams need.

CRM functionality and lead/contact database

Maximizer review by User

"Maximizer can be helpful when utilized properly"

What do you like best?

Maximizer has many features that, if integrated together, can be very beneficial to a business. It helps you keep track of anything you need in an organized fashion. The best thing I think about maximizer is the ability to search mass groups of contacts/households by a specific key field with any information you input.

What do you dislike?

There is often a large amount going on and a seemingly simple task can be made difficult by the complexity and amount of work required for it. I've also found that when I go to the "live chat" for help, there is "no representative available" almost every time, which gets quite frusterating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch if you use a CRM heavily, Maximizer is very helpful.

The biggest problem that Maximizer has solved is consolidating all information to one place, as there's very few things that can't be effectively stored in Maximizer

Maximizer review by User

"Maximizer for client contact and tracking meetings"

What do you like best?

I like that clients can be householded, that emails are easy to save from outlook and that I can send mass emails to all clients. I also like there is an ap, though I'm still working on the rest of the team to implement it

What do you dislike?

I find there are a lot of mandatory fields and sometimes they don't make sense for our team. There are a lot of things we don't use to be honest, but the things we do work well for us.

It's time saving, especially in sending mass emails or printing labels....we don't have a program in our office that does that.

Maximizer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A functional CRM that is a viable alternative to more popular options"

What do you like best?

It offers all of the main components of a functional CRM. Has been around for a long time.

What do you dislike?

Not as user-friendly as other CRMs in the market currently. Lacks lead scoring mechanism that allows you to qualify leads as they go through the lifecycle funnel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your needs as a business, and conduct a thorough evaluation on how Maximizer fares in relation to these needs. Have a look at key competitors in this space. Integrations with other tools (e.g. marketing tools, email), may be expensive.

Need a central repository of customers (contacts and companies) and leads. Allows us to track the progress of active opportunities. Allows us to track support tickets and their status.

Maximizer review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Maximizer in Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Maximizer's user interface is smooth and responsive, staff require little training to used the system after initial set up. The platform can easily be set up to accommodate different teams requirements.

What do you dislike?

Not particular keen on the update mechanism, although the platform does receive two updates yearly and these are optional. You can stay on the same version but I do tend to like the new!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you understand your business processes and how a CRM can help solve them. Having a good understanding of the type of data you are putting in and the sort of reports you want out will help alot.

Management and tracking of student interactions with the disability team in a higher education content. The platform helps us deliver support as part of our legal requirement under the equality act.

Maximizer review by User

"Daily utilization of Maximizer's tools."

What do you like best?

I like that Maximizer auto populates the search bar when I start typing in the name of a customer. When looking up accounts it is helpful how quickly I can access information, especially compared to quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to look at the notes I have for accounts. Especially when I have multiple accounts for one customer because they are located in many different cities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take part in the phone tutorial, the instructor was very helpful.

Maximizer helps me to keep detailed information on thousands of clients, while allowing me to keep a record of my interactions with them.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"An intuitive and easy to use CRM system"

What do you like best?

I have been using Maximizer for a few years and I like the simplicity and intuitive web based user interface along with Outlook email integration, and the fact that it ls easy to setup and administer and customize user defined fields as you please.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but would be nice to add a few more features like for example an items catalogue that would go hand in hand with the excellent projects and opportunity sales pipeline system that it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and simple to administrate. Everybody can learn how to customize the system to fit most common needs in SME company size. And the Maximizer team in the UK has proven to give good support whenever a question arised during implementation phase.

I only work with B2B sales, both via distributor network and direct accounts. I sell customized product solutions rather than standard catalogue items, so by adding a few customized fields I am able to track and monitor key details of the many technical product solutions that we develop. And Maximizer helps us with transparancy so we can utilize synergy effects accross our sales territories all over Europe.

Maximizer review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Martec's Use of Maximizer"

What do you like best?

We like the integrated nature of the whole system. We run a retail consulting and training practice and Maximizer is integrated into many aspects of the way we run and market our company, ranging from maintaining our marketing database, selling database services to our clients, managing the collection of customer outstanding invoices, etc.

What do you dislike?

The web version of Maximizer can only be used when you have an Internet connection. We can use Microsoft email even when not connected to the Internet and it would be very helpful to be able to look up addresses and phone numbers when you can't get an Internet connection or a decent phone signal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. But analyse your business processes carefully and figure out all the ways Maximizer can make less labour intensive, smarter or just more feasible. We have done all three. From time to time we have considered others but have never found anything worth the effort to switch over to.

Plan your implementation carefully and resource it properly. Also don't rush it. It's a big change for your staff to make the conversion so do it in easy steps.

We maintain the marketing database for our business with 62,000 people in the database across retail companies in all the Continents except the Artic and Antarctic.

We sell our data to other companies so Maximizer effectively allows us to get a free database to drive our business.

We monitor the progress of our database building and maintenance efforts using Maximizer dashboards.

We track overdue invoices using the customer case management facilities in Maximizer.

We carry out market sizing studies for clients analysing the companies in our database and their revenues, number of stores, transaction web sites, etc.

We apply a rigorous set of data coding standards to our database to make sure it serves all our use cases as well as possible. See this link for details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXZW6ZHGeE.

Using data driven marketing we have reduced our marketing budget to a quarter of what we used to spend before Maximizer.

Maximizer review by Giles B.
Giles B.

"Where we are now"

What do you like best?

As a growing business we have had an incredible increase in footfall and the level of enquiries has forced us to develop a more efficient way of operating. Maximiser enables us to plan efficiently, notify customers of our success and

What do you dislike?

My personal frustration is that the portal offers so much I cant keep up. We need time to really learn exactly the entire scale of just what maximiser can do for us. we are looking to roll this out across our whole team so that everyone knows where everything is and make it part of our induction manual.what

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! you won't look back. we are progressing as a business through the support maximiser gives.

Information management, tender support to name a couple, what have we realised, I think the fact that we can do more, much more and this is an important tool to support that.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Reliable & straight forward CRM program"

What do you like best?

- customer service

- personalized key fields

- Easy word, outlook, and other integrations

- filing is easy

- you can track calls

- assigns tasks to people in your group

What do you dislike?

- archiving

- grouping

- sometimes the page doesn't load and takes a very long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

archiving needs to be improved..

- by personalizing the default key fields keeping client info organized and classified is done. Making updates quick and easy

- By adding categories to files, notes and emails gathering information are made quick and easy!

- Tasks delegation of projects easy great with the to do featurs

Maximizer review by Cameron G.
Cameron G.

"Maximizer, my constant business friend for more than 20 years."

What do you like best?

Maximizer has been constantly evolving and improving over the many years I've been using it but still manages to keep to keep it's core consistencies that makes it such a great system to use. We have embraced many different versions using various types of technology and it has just got better and better. For me using the 'hotlist' is the core of my system and certainly my favourite working feature by far.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike in any significant way, just the odd items during use could be slightly smoother but only talking about saving one extra click here and there, nothing significant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many Maximizer users out there and many reviews of Maximizer to point you in the right direction for your needs. Maximizer is certainly flexible and easy to use, it should suit you too and if certainly worth your time to try.

We are a small company but our people are spread quite far apart at times, having instant accessibility to our client database, company calendar, hotlists etc. from anywhere in the world is amazing. With Maximizer as our central storage and reference facility the company runs with added efficiency and power.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"User friendly and jam-packed with useful features"

What do you like best?

Customizable views. I can quickly see what information I need to see, not what some company has decided that I will see. Also, Maximizer webinars are well-done in providing the information I need to know.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to mass-select Hotlist items for completion. I've got a few hundred irrelevant entries in my Hotlist that I have to delete individually because I have to click on an answer after marking each one done. My Hotlist task is overrun because of previous user's entries that didn't get completed and I set Max to carry over tasks if they aren't marked as "done". I don't have time to clean it up so it makes Hotlist pretty useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One-stop shopping for your admin and client management software.

We've realised faster customer responsiveness, which means happier clients, and more business!

Maximizer review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Almost a good option to manage your leads"

What do you like best?

the look is friendly, logic to use. at some point is friendly. I love the fact we can send multiple emails to different leads, that should be also applied to the "to do" tasks.

What do you dislike?

there are many features that are not available and very useful that could save a lot of time. Like we don't have a queue list where all the leads assign to work with could appear and we can close the activity once we have contacted them. Another is that if we create a favorite list why it can not be self updated, it doesn't matter to make a favorite list if I have to search every day just to update.

is a good tool to manage leads and follow up with them. is visually friendly and is almost great.

Maximizer review by Greg P.
Greg P.

"I have been using maximizer for over 20 years and every update is an improvement."

What do you like best?

It is so simplistic! Even using features that are new to me, I can easily navigate through them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I enter a contact and it does not show. I re-enter the contact and see I now have 2 entries. Minor problem, occurs very infrequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer more hours of support

I am a 20 year user when you include the other companies I have worked for. This CRM is an absolute beast. I maintain a database of over 1000 companies with multiple contacts per company. This CRM allows me to manage the herd. Benefits: uber efficiency!

Maximizer review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Reliable Data base"

What do you like best?

The best part is the customizable set up of Maximizer and the ability to edit your own account accordingly to your business. Great options as well for organizing different types of data.

What do you dislike?

I would say Maximizer could work on making their platform more user-friendly. The hardest part is to customize the platform (i.e. most time consuming)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform to use to organize your client information and to produce business reports

The ability to store all client correspondence from emails, notes and other files. Great reference base to use when preparing for client meetings

Maximizer review by Sherri O.
Sherri O.

"Maximizer - The Heart of Our "Client Experience""

What do you like best?

Maximizer provides a centralized place where I can store, organize and access all the many and essential pieces related to running my business. And, I've used many CRMs over the past 20 years and for the last few have used Maximizer Live because it allows me to fully integrate so many aspects. It allows me to track my deliverables (past-present-future) with meticulous detail meaning I am delivering the exceptional service I know my clients deserve and expect. Even better, several of my clients need a CRM to run their Financial Advisory Practices and when they are searching for CRM options, I enthusiastically endorse Maximizer. My familiarity with it allows me to help them understand how to fully integrate it with their business -- which is a huge value add. Quite honestly, I'm not sure how anyone runs a business without it!

What do you dislike?

For first time users, I think it can be overwhelming. Adopting a new CRM is a significant undertaking at the best of times, but because Maximizer is so robust and has many capabilities, I think they may get lost in the sea of options. It's important to start with the very basics to get it operational and then move onto integrating some of the more advanced features incrementally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are clear on what is involved in data transfer - what can be ported over and what is the best method to do so. Be prepared to do data clean up before you can fully begin implementing to make sure you are all set to go!

Managing our "Client Experience" is of key importance to our branding because we don't engage in any forms of External Marketing - we are strictly word of mouth. This means we have to deliver superior service to create raving fans who share us with others - this can only be done by carefully logging and tracking past, present and future triggers and information in Maximizer. It really ensures that we deliver this consistently and that nothing falls through the cracks. The benefits we've realized from this is that we do enjoy a steady stream of introductions, which means we can carefully determine the people we can work the best with.

Maximizer review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Maximizer for front office - retail"

What do you like best?

Ability to save your emails from outlook directly into this and search for old ones. Ability to input client contact information, accountant/ lawyer and family information on client profile.

Setup and track meeting schedules.

Task list for weekly meetings is helpful to see what everyone is working on.

What do you dislike?

That there is no way to track changes and compare differences from dataphile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great place to store your data and client information for business continuity.

Ability to house a variety of contact information for the client and retrieval of emails for business continuity.

Maximizer review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"Keeping track"

What do you like best?

I am able to document all my interactions with shareholders and potential shareholder by using the hotlist

What do you dislike?

there have been some glitches - some of my meetings in outlook (which is synced with Maximizer) were lost. Also support could be more prompt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way to track shareholders

keeping track with the hundreds of shareholders, potential shareholders, bankers and analysts. It is useful that I can keep notes on all my interactions (phone, email, meetings etc) in one place and that I can see if my co-workers are taking to them.

Maximizer review by Brad L.
Brad L.

"Long Time User"

What do you like best?

Functional, customizable to my business, and has great support

What do you dislike?

I really miss the LinkedIn integration. It creates so many extra steps for us. Would be nice if it could integrate with Sage Accounting as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer is great to work with. I would recommend interviewing your local Maximizer support team too. That relationship may be critical some day. Also, when you are ready to implement, make sure your data is as clean as possible.

Service case tracker, sales management tools, and consolidation of customer data in one place.

Maximizer review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Review for sales"

What do you like best?

I can pull up a customers history on the spot.Works great when I am working a show.

What do you dislike?

I can’t do a search by county and when entering in a new customer the contact defaults as an existing one

Gives me a schedule and helps keep me organized

"From a one year user"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is a great CRM tool for our business. Easy to navigate, ability to create and customize fields. Reporting is good. Keeps track of a lot of our data within a centralized program. Ability to create tasks, and plans, with reminders and tracking tools.

What do you dislike?

Character limits within certain fields - need to expand so more detail can be added (ie. activities /tasks). Need to refresh when adding new info. Should be able to set one default font size

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Maximizer CRM to others - a great tool and addition to our business.

Ability to keep track of client activities in a centralized location. Reduces the need for multiple folders / documents with information kept in too many other areas.

Maximizer review by Rabiya S.
Rabiya S.

"I love how Maximizer is so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can track my accounts and the other reps as well so we don't step on any toes and Maximizer makes it easy to add contacts right from Outlook, you can also save your email in Maximizer with one click.

What do you dislike?

Nothing from sales person view that I can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you have a small or large group, very easy to use and great flexibility with Outlook and Word.

save time as you don't need to manually add contacts and list, easy to do hot list task lists, flexibility with Word and Outlook so you can maximize your time selling instead of doing paperwork.

Maximizer review by Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.

"Easy to manage "

What do you like best?

everything can be done within one database instead of having multiple programs

What do you dislike?

works best in explore instead of chrome, most user work out of chrome and often forget to switch brewers.

documents and noting are sometimes duplicated because the page needs to be refreshed

Maximizer review by User in Financial Services

"Not responsive to change requests"

What do you like best?

The fact that all my clients and prospects are in a centralized, cloud based database.

What do you dislike?

We've been using your system now for about three years and we've asked for two changes to your system and we keep getting the run around regarding when these critical changes will be implemented on your system. It's very frustrating b/c it is a key aspect ANY well designed CRM platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There are a lot of CRM platforms on the market.

Centralized data.

Maximizer review by Sarai W.
Sarai W.

"Good Tool for Growing Business"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is a tool that is very easy to use and offers great support

What do you dislike?

Maximizer is a tool that you could easily grow out of if looking for full ERP solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer is great for building and maintain your customer database. The ability to mark progress and status of opportunities, is better than other platforms.

Having a CRM allows us to manage contacts and details very easily. Allows for a smooth transition of information from one rep to another.

"Potential for more"

What do you like best?

I like the desktop interface, and the convenience of accessing the web interface as needed.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a few features, although I'm not sure whether they are feasible or not:

- ability to convert individuals to contacts/assign individuals to companies

- assign a contact to multiple companies OR allow connected companies i.e. linking different offices from the same company in some form

We use Maximizer for our internal database and external database. This consistency is helpful.

Maximizer review by Megan  w.
Megan w.

"Excellent service "

What do you like best?

Immediate contact and follow with needs. Many different tools to complete training for different learning styles

What do you dislike?

Not super user friendly on phones. Even web version doesn’t work smooth.

Communication and client service. Ease of use between advisors and admin rolls

Maximizer review by ammar f.
ammar f.

"good platform and idea but could still be a bit more user friendly"

What do you like best?

contact list module, hotlist module, calendar, action plan

What do you dislike?

creating dashboards is a pain where you first have to create a search. creating bottom views for contacts is a pain. creating searches and saving them is a pain. having no recurring tasks is a pain

Recommendations to others considering the product

cheaper than most CRMs and can really be exploited by those not on any CRM

organizing tasks between members and everyone easily being able to see contact and additional info on any client

Maximizer review by Lavinia R.
Lavinia R.

"easy to use, clear , i like the help buttons and the chat feature"

What do you like best?

i like that i can chat with someone live when i have a problem and most times it's very little wait to connect.

What do you dislike?

if i create an appointment and forget to link it, i can't see when it was created so i can cross reference the time it was created with my emails that i sent around that time

i like that i can email my clients from maximizer directly without going thru outlook

Maximizer review by Angela Z.
Angela Z.

"Couldn't live without it"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive, easy to use CRM program.

What do you dislike?

We have the downloaded version, and it can lag between operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer's sales team is very helpful in answering questions to ensure the software will meet your business needs. During the installation process, Maximizer's team is very professional and worked seamlessly with my IT person.

We use it to track our business. It keeps us on schedule and ensures all deadlines are met.

Maximizer review by Kathy D.
Kathy D.

"Maximizer Review"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is very user friendly, takes minimal training to learn. We use the web portal and the phone app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the Revenue doesn't allow for a negative figure. We may be using Maximizer a bit different from the usual, but with out the negative figure, we can't use any of the normal Maximizer reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using Maximizer since 1998 - Our upgrade to 2016 R2 allowed alot more functionality.

Maximizer is user friendly and requires minimal training.

All of our reporting comes from Maximizer information. We are tracking trade show leads to quotes to sales. Site visits to inquiries to sales.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"CRM Maximizer Live "

What do you like best?

I liked the way they train you to use Max, and I also like the fast technical support you get when you don't exactly understand how to do something, they are always there for you, and want you to experience using Max the best they can give.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much I don't like about using Maximizer Live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reliable and easy program, Maximizer CRM Live is the one to choose.

Our Business problems are solved with keeping tract of our activities and growth, what we need to do next to achieve our business goals. The benefits are achieved by the great collaboration you can do between members of the business you are in.

"So many option!"

What do you like best?

The most valuable feature for us is that it is completely customizable. We can customize it almost entirely to our business. It's also very user friendly and is handy to keep track of reminders, meetings and prospects.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is when I first open the program, sometimes I have to click view all entries to see them all. It sometimes defaults to just the maximizer contacts.. I'm sure there is a way to fix this

We are able to keep track of our annual reviews, our client meeting details, follow ups etc. much better. This definitely helps us stay up to date and compliant.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Maximizer Reality"

What do you like best?

I like the depth and amount of information that is able to be stored for each client in the database. It's great to be able to access phone notes, appointments, emails and all other types of communication recorded from one record.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are multiple records for each client in the database - at least most of ours. The files were imported from a previous version of Maximizer and we have up to 5 to 8 copies of some clients. They all have different pieces of the client information and when different users add t the client record, no one knows where the other users are placing the info - it is not always accessible from each client entry - very frustrating having to go through 5 records of the same client looking for what we need or want.

I also don't like that it is cloud based - and that we cannot download a backup to our physical hard drive backup system in office. We had to wait a week to get a backup after our database was corrupted by an inexperienced user who deleted important records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend how ever long it takes to have a clean database to start with - even if you have to manually input each contact by hand. This will save you a HUGE amount of time and frustration when you start learning the system software. Be sure to 'map the data' you want to keep for each client - so you know where it belongs in Maximizer and how to enter it correctly the first time.

There are lots of tools available to solve problems, but after almost a year since the install, we are still cleaning up the mess of the file transfer from the previous versions and trying to get it to work correctly on all users computers. The major benefit is that we have a central location to store all types of info for each client.

I would like to use some of the other options . . . but so far the time/cost to do so has not outweighed the perceived benefit.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Easy on boarding process"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, making life simpler when tracking activities with clients

What do you dislike?

Cannot be viewed offline, other than that I have no complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Able to track client data and schedule follow ups

Maximizer review by Mike L.
Mike L.

"There really isn't anything comparable that I have found"

What do you like best?

I've been using Maximizer since v1.1 came out, which was sold retail. It works very well and continues to be one of the most efficient management tools I have ever used for my business. It is almost indispensable. Over the years however it has become a problematic dinosaur. Their latest version 15 is full of bugs and does not function as they promise. I hope that Intuit will come out with a CRM product soon so I can send this scrap heap to the dump.

What do you dislike?

Crashes constantly. Does not have some of the features they promise. E-mail integration is sketchy at best. Can't be used with Microsoft Windows sign on. They haven't fixed any of these issues in ages. Since they converted to SQL about 20 years ago the program has become much more difficult to manage, back up, configure etc. I wish they would never have done that. It has caused no end of problems over the years. They need a pay per use support option. They would probably sell a lot more product at $49 a call compared to $500 or $1000 per year whether you use it or not. They are really pushing for cloud based monthly subscriptions to maximize profits. The heat is getting unbearable. They want to charge to fix their own bugs. Should work perfectly out of the box but it doesn't really without substantial consultation. At some point it seems inevitable I will migrate to Outlook exclusively but I am not really looking forward to that day. I feel am being quietly shown the door in favour of a higher revenue model. I'd like to see them operate more like Intuit does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe they also sell a Desktop Version if you want to host your own data on-site.

Completely manages all company interactions with Customers/Contacts/Individuals. Allows for personal or linked tasks. Cumulative benefits immeasurable but enormous.

Maximizer review by Derek M.
Derek M.

"First experience with CRM"

What do you like best?

We can modify it to fit our unique business.

What do you dislike?

Easy for people to enter contacts incorrectly. Wish all phone numbers and addresses had to be entered uniformly. I also wish there was a Gmail integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Maximizer.

Before we had no good way of tracking customers and following up with them. This has made it easy to set reminders and follow up with customers. Also, the Opportunities section is a great tool in showing what's in our pipeline.

Maximizer review by Tyla R.
Tyla R.

"Flexible and functional CRM"

What do you like best?

The search tools are excellent. Access control and audit tools are very good as well. A lot of flexibility is provided using the scripting add-ons.

What do you dislike?

The reliance on using Microsoft Office for many of the functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To fully use the feature set, all users will need to have access to Microsoft Office.

Tracking and escalating internal and external support tickets and customization requests.

Maximizer review by User

"Decent CRM with flexible features"

What do you like best?

I like having a cloud-based CRM that allows me to access important information on the go, and send emails

What do you dislike?

I wish the program was more functional with our corporate email system - and I wish that I could automatically have replies brought into the CRM functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Maximizer for those willing to invest the time to make the software work for your needs. Need to be able and willing to customize for full power.

Maximizer allows my team to coordinate and build effective partnerships, and track information and conversations across projects. We are able to stay up to date and effective through better information sharing.

Maximizer review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Not likely to recommend "

What do you like best?

Be able to save emails directly from outlook

What do you dislike?

Maximizer wanted to show too much info but the structure of pages are not really user friendly.

Recording client notes and save emails.

Maximizer review by User in Financial Services

"Good but with some reservations regarding the module specificall"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and customer support plus all data is secured in Canada in Tier 1 servers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pre-programmed aspects like having to have a household for families rather than just the ability to associate individual contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely road test it first since it is a Cadillac and you may only need a Tercel.

Systemization and automation of some business processes and central repository for all client data.

Maximizer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's okay."

What do you like best?

It has gotten prettier! It is much better than when we had started using it.

What do you dislike?

It is kind of bulky for a CRM in today's world. It is not okay that you cannot search notes for keywords. This is a huge pain point for us. Just needs to be more user friendly with some much needed added features :)

We are able to keep notes and client information.

"Almost there"

What do you like best?

What I use Maximizer the most is locating their contact information. I like that we have the ability to customize the columns.

What do you dislike?

The fact that emails cannot be synced to Maximizer automatically. Currently we have to manually put them in by syncing our email, but actually having a way to login to our emails through maximizer and work on the website.

Nothing really. Just contacts and storing notes.

Maximizer review by Will F.
Will F.

"2 Years with Maximizer"

What do you like best?

The functionality and interface make it very user friendly. It has allowed our team to stay connected with deal flow and clients.

What do you dislike?

Exporting lists/notes can be a little difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money, especially for people who work in a team.

We are solving the problem of keeping up with clients and the recent conversations we have with them. Also being able to track their activity has been beneficial.

Maximizer review by Andrea Edoardo S.
Andrea Edoardo S.

"my most efficient employee"

What do you like best?

easy to use; both ready to use with default layouts and customizable to a very good extent ; tasks related to both opportunities and contacts

What do you dislike?

set up of new searches for opportunities and of new products/services could be more straightforward

tracking tasks ( calls and meetings ) and the development of opportunities throughout the sales cycle; greatest benefit being always able to focus on top priorities

Maximizer review by Connor R.
Connor R.

"Essentail to day to day life as an Asvisor in 2018"

What do you like best?

The ease of inputting notes and uploading files makes it extremely convenient to keep a rich thorough history on my clients

What do you dislike?

The version I use is a little outdated, so the system is not as intuitive as other products available. An upgrade in version could solve that, however.

Solving compliance issue sis number 1. Rigorous note-taking is essential in today's environment and maximizer makes storing my notes extremely easy/

Maximizer review by Eric R.
Eric R.

"Great CRM. Have been using Maximizer since 1996."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and very intuitive. Sales people like the features and incorporate Maximizer in their work quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is a great program. It would be great if you brought back the project management feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the cloud version. Get sales people to realize the benefits of a CRM and how it can improve productivity and customer interaction.

We track all of our quotes in the Opportunity module and all e-mails pertaining to each Opportunity there.

Maximizer review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"Maximizer is a great CRM tool. "

What do you like best?

The ability to save emails in the client's contact.

What do you dislike?

Somethings are not intuitive. Like the process necessary for some of the admin tools - changing existing user defined fields

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product to use. The ability to have so many user-defined fields is imperative for our business. They make completing searches and created lists/schedules a breeze.

Information all in one place is much more efficient.

Maximizer review by John M.
John M.

"Have used max since 3.1 over 15 years"

What do you like best?

keeps me on top of my client and tracks well

What do you dislike?

cloud ver has lots of bugs but has some good features.

Use for property management (Condo) and is good with form merge and tracking

Maximizer review by Stan C.
Stan C.

"Excellent & Bullet-Proof CRM"

What do you like best?

The Positioning of contacts to companies

What do you dislike?

My company does not allow me to install the plugin that connects Max CRM to Outlook, therefore I lose some functionality. I'd like to have a built-in connection via web. I like it as is, perhaps the search functions could be simpler or more robust...

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A - do your homework

I've added over 2,000 contacts within the past 90 days.

Maximizer review by Evan  v.
Evan v.

"Fairly Positive"

What do you like best?

Notes. Being able to refer back to important notes.

What do you dislike?

Calendar and tasks. Hotlist tasks and saving emails to the notes page is difficult.

Annual review scheduling

"Maximizer review"

What do you like best?

Maximizer is easy to use with little to no CRM experience

What do you dislike?

You can not see if documents have attachments easily; you can not track quotes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maximizer does not tie in with many other apps/programs out there, and is limited in features, but easy to use

How often we are keeping in contact with clients, and knowing what they purchase via user defined fields

Maximizer review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Great CRM product"

What do you like best?

Good product flawless integration for our use

What do you dislike?

A lot features included that are not needed for all users or customers

None at this time

Maximizer review by User

"Good for a CRM system for our business purposes."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, layout is convenient. Having multiple users sharing the same profile is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Does not work with all browsers - microsoft integration has issues sometimes. We have to use maximizer with internet explorer - even though all our other programs use chrome.

CRM is used to manage client lists - creating lists with different client types, householding etc.

Maximizer review by User

"Best available tool for productivity!"

What do you like best?

User Defined Fields - you act like a programmer to create your search and the mobile ability to quickly create shortcuts.

What do you dislike?

GUI could be more user friendly. Sometimes I find it difficult to locate the tabs.. different color scheme could be helpful.

Categorizing has become so easy. Benefit of pocket - "Time is Money" so it saves a lot of time.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great software, but the email tracking and support have been underwhelming"

What do you like best?

Customization that we are able to do within Maximizer

What do you dislike?

Technical support is not as responsive as we'd like and the email tracking functionality has not worked properly since we got the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get very detailed answers to the functionality of the software and how it should actually perform.

Allows us to see all relevant info on our clients in one place

Maximizer review by Gideon L.
Gideon L.

"Maximizer's the best we've found as Estate Agents"

What do you like best?

We put all our property listing details and all the complicated multilisting information as well as all the regulation documents we are required to retain.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a specialized Estate Agency setup so I didn't have to customize it myself and make errors which we now have to live with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be super careful in customizing as if you make dropdown menus instead of fill in fields you could be stuck with an annoyance for ever

Comprehensive listing details as well as info on all the properties in the two towns we work in. As well as all transactional records. Mailings too.

Maximizer review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Maximizer CRM review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and has the ability to customize and save all client emails.

What do you dislike?

I would have to pay more for cloud base - it doesn't synch well to my phone etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use, simple and yet a lot of features to keep on top of client data base

would like to see the price be more competitive for the cloud version

Keeping client records is important - adding notes, dates, emails, contact info,

Searching for past contacts is easy

Date reminders, scheduling is easy

Keeps me organized

Maximizer review by Eddy C.
Eddy C.

"Maximizer - Centre of Excellence "

What do you like best?

The continuous of research and consultation for improvement, catching up with the market technology, like the connection of use with Zapier recently, The CRM setup can be customised to fit our book of business and facility us adhering to the industry compliance. In term of administration, it is user-friendly and good customer support.

What do you dislike?

If it is possible to drag and drop the attachment to an email through Maximizer and the attachment can be opened for review would be terrific!

Recommendations to others considering the product

CRM all in one!

Manage and organise our CRM in one software for the convenience of accessibility everywhere. Maximizer help us to attain it.

Maximizer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

The desktop application works reasonably well, within its limitations.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is extremely slow, with poorly chosen defaults (defaulting to load the titles of every possible KB entry when loading that module, for example).

The rich text editor for adding documents to calls in the desktop client regularly destroys the formatting of your document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the desktop version.

Customer bug reports and call/job tracking, customer portal, etc.

"Maximum results"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, depth of information. Its a very good platform to never forget anything, if you want customer service this is the program to use.

What do you dislike?

it can be a little complicated when it comes to households and information sharing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

We are better able to manage clients, much better because it's like having a personal assistant.

Maximizer review by Administrator

"Very in depth and useful tracking tool!"

What do you like best?

The user defined fields allow me to use this to keep track of different kinds of people without needing a separate tool

What do you dislike?

It's a bit complex when you take a look at it for the first time. You don't know what's what. But the training that is held makes a huge difference

Keeping track of applicants

Maximizer review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Maximizer has been essential to our business for the last 15 years"

What do you like best?

The email integration with outlook is great, we can keep all our communications with customers in one place during the sales and ordering process and everyone has access to them

What do you dislike?

We have found the maximizer to be quite costly to run for a small business

Maximizer opportunities enables us to track sales prospects and ensure we convert as many as possible into sales, we also have several different people involved in the sales process so we can all see what has happened with a prospect or customer at any given time.

Maximizer review by User

"easy organization of information "

What do you like best?

How quickly I can find information - and that I can load files to a contact for easy access.

What do you dislike?

how i can only use a contact already added as a company contact.

I want to be able to do a one time contact for each company

Organizing a very complex and messy platform of funds

Maximizer review by User

"Great Piece of Software"

What do you like best?

Outlook Integration is fantastic, and the fact that you can print notes and e-mails on one report is a very useful tool.

What do you dislike?

Word integration is spotty and a little unintuitive. It's possible to get used to it but I much prefer the old integration.

Keeping a database of all client communications and scheduling meetings, primarily.

"Maximizer in 2018"

What do you like best?

The Action Plans have proven to be a great way to set reminders for our service to our clients. The ability to data-map from excel spreadsheets has been very beneficial and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Importing our considerable amount of data from a different CRM proved to be very very difficult and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a concise plan for how you will import your existing data.

We have become more accountable to our clients by ensuring that we are using action plans to set tasks and reminders for appointments. This has made us far more efficient.

Maximizer review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Maximizer Customer Review"

What do you like best?

As a Maximizer user for several years, I have found Maximizer to be easy to use, excellent for managing the leads and opportunities for our company and very valuable in my day to day work life. I spend most of day working out of Maximizer!

Setup of Maximizer Live was very straight forward and the support team is always very helpful and ready to address any questions I may have.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see improvements to the dashboard reporting.

This has allowed our company to have a single source of history on our customers and a record of all communications for reference on future inquiries. Maximizer has also allowed us to have very clear visibility on our Sales cycle so we can make improvements to the way opportunities are managed by our team

Learn more about Maximizer CRM