Maxwell Health

Maxwell Health

Benefits, HR and Compliance without the headaches. Maxwell Health's system brings everything together for a happier, healthier, and more productive workforce

Work for Maxwell Health?

Learning about Maxwell Health?

Maxwell Health Reviews

Ask Maxwell Health a Question
Showing 39 Maxwell Health reviews
Maxwell Health review by Trista B.
Trista B.

"Growing with Maxwell"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly Maxwell is for HR admins, brokers and employees. Adding, terming and changing employee info is a breeze for admins. Brokers have a lot of control when implementing a group for the first time and when setting up open enrollment. We don't have to wait for Maxwell to enter, add or edit information on our behalf. The guided screens for employees when they are shopping and submitting enrollment elections is appreciated.

What do you dislike?

If I have to name something I dislike, it would be forms. New hire forms are prompted for signature after an employee has "checked out" in Maxwell and they often do not click into the link to sign them. This creates a lot of follow up for admins and there is no tool for sending a mass email to employees with forms to sign. It has to be done one-by-one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Marketplace for voluntary benefits and financial products. Maxwell has some great integrations that HR admins love.

We are solving the issue of having the same quote as other brokers, but needing a service piece to help us stand out from the crowd. A free-to-clients online benefits admin system does that for us. We have won many BOR's, increased group participation and increased revenue.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Maxwell Health
Maxwell Health review by Craig S.
Craig S.

"Maxwell tech is excellent but the people are way, way better"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use with a massive amount of improvement since we started over 2 years ago. They are big enough to tackle the big stuff and small enough to truly care about their customers who are first and format the advisors who lever their platform to better serve clients. Veer Gidwany actually presented my renewal to me and always responds to anything I have ever sent.

Like any software or system that you don't use everyday there are always going to be questions, even on the basics. This is where Maxwell is by far the best SaaS I have ever used. Not just the best benefit admin platform, not just the best looking, not just the most intuitive shopping experience. My account executive Corey treats me like I am her only broker and I know I am her smallest. the Implementation Team is amazing and provides on the spot chat or lightning fast follow-up. When you get to a randomly assigned person you feel like you have had a relationship with them for your entire career. Ted and Laura on the Marketplace team bring great solutions and also do a great job of being the intermeidaries between the producer the the MP partner. As an old group rep from the 1990's I really appreciate what they bring to the table because any of the MP partners are quality carriers but what makes you choose one over the other (I love Guardian and especially with Benefit Center) is service which is primarily delivered by the MP team - at least for me.

In short, this is a very mature company that is as innovative as a start-up and as customer focussed as the best in any business segment.

What do you dislike?

We are a boutique firm, ok small, and this was a huge investment for us. It is still a major expense and we underutilize it (my fault) so that makes it even more apparent in the Liabilities line. That said, when i brought this up to Veer (CEO/Co-Founder) he made it much easier for me to afford to continue while not going against their own interests. A true win-win that had $$ at the core but mostly showed the essence of the Maxwell organization. Loyalty begets loyalty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new pricing structure should make it easier to start-up and if deployed with new MP products will have long -run costs mitigated greatly.

We use this for automation and starting to get better at leveraging for compliance management. The best way to have the platform pay for itself is to lever the marketplace offerings that allow you to bring new voluntary benefits to your clients. We have grow that side of our business and will be close to a breakeven in a few more groups. The biggest benefit is when I see that our SMB client base can take their HR team and have them work on projects that actually improve their business instead of pushing paper around.

What Benefits Administration solution do you use?

Maxwell Health review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Healthcare made simple (for once!)"

What do you like best?

Our company recently rolled out Maxwell Health as part of our open enrollment. It's AWESOME! I'm usually hesitant about anything related to healthcare since most of my experiences are soul crushing, but this came as a pleasant surprise. It's a simple, streamlined approach to benefit selection. The user experience is slick and the interface is leaps and bounds ahead of competition. As someone who's a little gun shy of anything related to healthcare, I'd highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I don't love that you add benefits to your "cart"...I understand why this is used since the parallel in e-commerce is relatable, but it feel a little odd to "check out" with your healthcare benefits. Aside from that I don't have any other complaints! It's a great product that accomplishes the goal of making healthcare approachable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an

Maxwell Health streamlines benefit selection and management. It makes the process simple and approachable!

Maxwell Health review by Alicia B.
Alicia B.

"Ease & Efficiency At Its Best"

What do you like best?

The customer service and dedication provided by the Maxwell Health team. The relationship I have been able to build with our Maxwell team has been unlike any other company I have worked with. They truly care about your success as an agency and the success of your clients using Maxwell Health.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything I would say I dislike- some functionality I am looking forward to coming out like having more control over what you want in a report and the HR Admins getting more control over their open enrollment setup.

Not having to wait for a census for our groups on Maxwell Health have been significant at open enrollment time. Our internal Account Managers now are able to access benefit information easily rather than looking through our internal folders or contact the carrier.

At open enrollment, not having to spend hours to put together packets of information to drag out to a meeting as well as having access to the Maxwell Marketplace where we can now expand the benefit offerings for our groups.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"More complicated than expected."

What do you like best?

I like the portal and find that easy to navigate. I especially like the dashboard area with the pie charts/graphs showing employees' status. This is helpful to find those employees who haven't started, haven't logged in, or have completed their open enrollment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the EDI feeds with our benefit vendors. I keep finding more issues that arise and problems in how things are being processed, as the year goes on. EDI feeds were supposed to make things better as an administrator, but in reality it makes things more confusing.

Paperless open enrollment with the use of BeneClick!. Using the system I find there is less double entry among benefit vendors when enrolling a new hire; however, there are also more issues with this way as well.

Maxwell Health review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"HR Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like that I have direct access to employees current and past benefit elections, and that I can direct employees to their own personal pages should they have questions about their current or past elections. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that changes to employee benefits are not directly communicated to our payroll department, but I have been told that is something in the works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful for changes in an employee's healthcare to be automatically communicated to our payroll department - especially after open enrollment window closes.

We just hosted our first online open enrollment and it went so well! Nearly everyone had their elections submitted on time, and it was so nice not having to worry with paper!

Maxwell Health review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Great Software and Company"

What do you like best?

Maxwell has been a very easy system to learn and interact with. I have been working in the Maxwell system since I started work out of school. Learning the system took no time at all with the help of the great Maxwell employees and customer support teams.

What do you dislike?

Have had a few miscommunication getting started with EDI feeds which took a little while and some back and forth to figure out. All parties including the broker, Maxwell and carriers have helped to look into discrepancies as they come up.

We are able to offer an easy to use enrollment system to many of our clients. The employees are able to use this not only at open enrollment but have access to information year round online or through the app interface.

Maxwell Health review by User

"Great solution for healthcare/benefits management "

What do you like best?

All of my benefit info is in one place, easy to access and nicely organized. Not having to dig around for a physical insurance card all the time is a big plus for me

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the login interface gets a little buggy/fussy but that's not so bad. You usually just have to renter your password manually and it works fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! it's a good program and makes taking care of yourself easier. Also, it's easy to see what is and isn't covered, benefits-wise

Ease of use for healthcare, makes HR's life easier as open enrollment is like online shopping (much easier), employees have good benefits and are able to use them easily so they're healthier

Maxwell Health review by Vikas B.
Vikas B.

"World Health Maximum Well"

What do you like best?

Maxwell Health provides simplified way of health insurance by providing innovative marketplace. They provide modern and latest technology platforms to benefit and HR for companies having varying employee strength.

The technology platform includes a marketplace that supports company management to enroll health benefits in all their employees. Also, the marketplace would provide easy and hassle free buying tips and guidance to all employees. The aim is to provide support to all company employees and their family a better healthy living by eliminating the turmoil of day to day administration of benefits. Maxwell Health provides a wonderful, exciting, simple streamlined experience to all its customers. They even provide mobile based technical support by having mobil apps.

Maxwell takes care of the benefits at the right time, making lifestyle simple and beautiful by having good consumer relationship.

What do you dislike?

With small company size the the pricing should more less. The company should hold more transparency as one of their key values but sometimes, I get the sense that a lot happens behind the curtain that normal customers are not aware of.

Maxwell Health is providing good health benefits by providing multiple options to all our employees. Today all are really happy and enjoying life.

Maxwell Health review by Cindy S.
Cindy S.

"Maxwell has made some good improvments over the last several months"

What do you like best?

The support team is very helpful when there is an issue or problem. They can always fix the issue in one call and send an e-mail to confirm fix. The reports are very helpful and useful. Most are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see the employee cost after selection this makes it difficult and an extra step to go back in once the record has been veriried and processed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and sign up new employees. Makes open enrollment easier to process and handle.

Less paperwork when employees sign up throught he maxwell portal.

Maxwell Health review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Streamlined Enrollment Processing"

What do you like best?

I can't pick only one feature. One of my clients adds/terminates employees weekly and it is so easy to keep track of the active members. I no longer have to send emails to 5 different carriers terminating them or adding them it all gets submitted by EDI. Open enrollment - I cannot believe how easy this last one went. We no changes, so basically if the employee didn't want to make any adjustments they didn't need to do anything. Our normal 2 week Open Enrollment was cut to 5 days and a lot less meetings and travel.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can say I really do not dislike anything. If I could add something, it would be the language. In my area we have a lot of farm accounts and half of the employees do not speak English unfortunately so I cannot implement them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several different programs for employees that have there coverage and EDI functions and Maxwell is the best system I have used.

Paperless. No more paper enrollment forms to have completed and keep in a BIG file and maybe lose one or misplace it. The ability to quickly make changes and additions. It takes a few minuets to really do anything you need to do. It's so easy.

Maxwell Health review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"Manage your health care benefits with ease."

What do you like best?

It creates a platform that allows you to manage your health care benefits with ease.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice is it provided easy access to contact information for the providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using Maxwell Health is you desire a platform that will integrate all of your health benefits with ease.

It helps me keep all of my healthcare benefits in check with a mainstream platform that not only looks good, but also functions well.

Maxwell Health review by Consultant in Insurance
Consultant in Insurance

"Very intuitive user interface for employees, challenging for HR & Brokers"

What do you like best?

-Product & service integration with mobile app.

-Turnkey wellness / rewards program that offers low admin way to incentive healthy behavior within any employee base.

-Customer service is extremely quick to respond.

-Account Management team is always willing to step in and help brokers/clients navigate the system and resolve issues.

What do you dislike?

-Too much administrative responsibility on the broker to build renewals and do set up.

-Disjointed processes for open enrollment set up and close.

-Lack of hand-holding, training, and coaching once portal is implemented

-Not very intuitive for employers.

-Focus appears to have been on the employee experience only.

Provides a solution for middle market clients that aren't using payroll systems for benefits administration.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - very friendly interface for administrator and employees.

Reporting features - great visibility into benefit elections, changes, waives, etc.

What do you dislike?

The occasional random programming bug, but it has been very minor. Support is very good about addressing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This might be one of the easiest self serve portals your employees ever use!

Reduction of manual and paper enrollments/processing. Less chance of errors and a great selection of reporting options.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Maxwell is very user frinedly and a host of information quickly when I need it most."

What do you like best?

I like the benefits listed for each person and I can make changes to profiles easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't merge other products onto the site. I would like to add the umbrella policy I have on my doctors to the site but it is not associated with my broker.

I can see exactly what everyone has on one site. If someone is new, I don't have to go to all the different sites to enroll them. This is so easy now and I can check to be sure everyone has every benefit they are supposed to have and delete the retired ones easily.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Maxwell health works well"

What do you like best?

Makes benefit administration quite easy. It's pretty user friendly and intuitive for employees to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting options are really unclear. It can be quite difficult to find and actually get the report you want with the information you want.

This makes our open enrollment and benefits administration much easier. It makes it easier to help our employees and for our admins to make changes.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Great support for any site issues or questions, slow site"

What do you like best?

The help from Trista if we have any questions.

What do you dislike?

The site is slow to load, and the sign in process is a little cumbersome (having to click verify, and if it doesn't load quick enough it doesn't register that you did verify, and new computers you have to click the pictures.)

Easy to keep track of new hires and making sure they respond regarding insurance.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Maxwell Health makes things professional and smooth"

What do you like best?

Maxwell health is very user friendly and intuitive. The software is easy to navigate as an admin and as an employee.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an internal timer so I could tell it when I wanted it to send welcome and plan select emails.

It makes our benefits administration much smoother and more professional. It has helped streamline the process for everyone involved.

"Maxwell Health Customer"

What do you like best?

The ease of electronic data feed to our benefit providers. It reduces mistakes and missing any coverages.

What do you dislike?

Nothing currently. Changes have been made since we first started with Maxwell. Navigating through the website is much easier now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maxwell Health is very helpful when you are not only a new customer but with ongoing support. They offer great training and also listen to any feedback you have on improvements.

Again, making sure staff benefits are correct and that nothing is missed. Since the employee inputs their own information and choices for coverage, they are the ones responsible.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"What a breath of fresh air"

What do you like best?

The ease of using Maxwell Health after the last system we used is such a relief. I am more confident and comfortable this year. It helps with what can be such a demanding aspect of HR

What do you dislike?

I would prefer that when a contact or change has happened that it is date stamped and CLEARLY states what transpired

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with the program and use it.

Its great to work with

Our employees are able to have accurate enrollment for their health benefits. I like the ability to see what the employees have elected on line

Maxwell Health review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Claims advocate"

What do you like best?

Maxwell is great once open enrollment takes effect. You get emails when someone submits an enrollment and can see who still needs to enroll and send them emails to remind them to sign up

What do you dislike?

Maxwell requires an enormous amount of work on the front end and has strict deadlines that you have to adhere to if you want the client to be able to use it for their healthcare enrollment

It’s an efficient way to keep track of everyone’s enrollments, but sometimes the portal is not exactly correct and is very difficult to change

"It's a great system"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is no next button when viewing employee profiles. You have to go back to active employees and then select the next person, opposed to their being a next button on the profile page to get to the next profile. I also wish the benefit summary was easily accessible through the admin view.

Our HR team is a team of one. Maxwell health is taking huge ownership of benefits administration which makes HR job a lot easier.

Maxwell Health review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Maxwell Health"

What do you like best?

I like how the platform makes buying healthcare plans easy and using the benefits mindless. Maxwell Health makes achieving health and financial well being accessible. I also like that it integrates with other programs like ADP.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though Maxwell Health is an expensive software but it is easy to use and I do appreciate that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Maxwell Health for small to midsize companies. It has good offers and a great support staff.

I am able to buy benefits and use them with ease of mind.

Maxwell Health review by Sondra H.
Sondra H.

"Great Company to work with "

What do you like best?

Ease of Use once you learn the system, customization, I like the reporting and the continued updates and improvements.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if the system was able to populate a change form when an employee makes a change through the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient

It is much easier to complete a census of a group since the data is in one place

Maxwell Health review by Kathy S.
Kathy S.

"good general tool"

What do you like best?

easy access to all employee information on dashboard page

What do you dislike?

not directly linked to payroll system so we have to take entries and put them in payroll. The more hands, the more likelihood of errors

easier access to all employee selections makes budgeting easier

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Maxwell Health makes open enrollment a breeze"

What do you like best?

The system prompts our employees to make their elections in a timely manner. It displays their options in an easy to follow format and leads them through each required step.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard notifications do not include enough information for an administrator to easily decipher changes made by employees.

Maxwell Health frees up out HR staff to work on other projects during open enrollment. It notifies me via email when I have a new notification, preventing me from missing something important.

Maxwell Health review by Darlene K.
Darlene K.

"Everything in one location!"

What do you like best?

It's wonderful to have all the benefits and information for employees all in one locations.

What do you dislike?

Easy set up of employees and giving them access to Maxwell.

Eliminating multiple provider emails and locating them into one program.

Maxwell Health review by Kristina T.
Kristina T.

"Another product that seeks to simplify insurance"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, and easy to adopt as a new platform. Setup was very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

As with all technology platforms, there are certain limitations as to what it does and doesn't "play nice" with

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate it against a few other in-market competitors prior to a commitment beyond a pilot program.

Use for employee onboarding, reporting solutions, and vendor integrations.

"Maxwell health review"

What do you like best?

user friendly, dashboard makes it easy to see who has completed the enrollment

What do you dislike?

there really isnt anything that I do not like

much easier to get health benefits enrolled than with paper

Maxwell Health review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

Maxwell's interface that is quiet intuitive

What do you dislike?

the slower speed of the website. Not sure if thats because of the traffic

Benefits, LTD insurance and STD also

"Easy Open Enrollement"

What do you like best?

Maxwell Health has made our open enrollment process simple for all of our employees. Being able to pull reports for benefits has been very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The system is easy to use and the customer service team at Maxwell Health has been very helpful.

It has allowed the processing of benefits during open enrollment to go by much faster.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Maxwell is a very comprehensive and convenient tool for benefit administration"

What do you like best?

Best part is having all of our offered products available to staff in one place. Enrollment is so easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish that Maxwell would connect with our payroll system to reduce the amount of input necessary.

Utilizing Maxwell Health has been a great time saver and keeps us from having to spend valuable time tracking eligibility dates, etc.

"1 year user"

What do you like best?

It's tracking for new employees. Reporting for record keeping purposes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is exactly as expected and was imported from existing data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps to have a benefit provider to ask specific questions of.

Consolidation of benefits and productivity in using only one product.

Maxwell Health review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Healthcare made Simple!"

What do you like best?

it's GREAT! I'm usually hesitant about anything related to healthcare, but this was a breath of fresh air.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you cant control what you want in a report and the HR Admins.

Maxwell Health makes every streamlined and easy to use!

"Maxwell Silverhammer"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and responsiveness for admins

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot, although some users found it slightly unintuitivr

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, it’s worth it

When things go wrong, bang bang maxwell silverhammer comes does on her head

"Very Best Experience"

What do you like best?

Personal consult w/setup & on going sup

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like now.

Paperless HR process with on-boarding our employees. Benefits both employee and employer with on-line HR information they can access anytime, anywhere.

Maxwell Health review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"Maxwell Health "

What do you like best?

They provided insightful information and great service.

What do you dislike?

There really was nothing I disliked of the site.

I was able learn about human resources compliance and simplifying related areas.

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"automated open enrollment and enables staff to have access to benefit information"

What do you like best?

ease of use of the website; admin user friendly

What do you dislike?

some reporting could be better from an admin/user point of view--

automated enrollment; employees have access to information

Maxwell Health review by Administrator

"Use for benefit self-enrollment"

What do you like best?

The ease of sending custom emails and the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky when trying to checkout an employee.

Employee self-enrollment in benefits.

Learn more about Maxwell Health

Maxwell Health Videos

Learning about Maxwell Health?

* We monitor all Maxwell Health reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.