Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

McAfee Security Services

3.9
(42 reviews)

Armed with the latest tools, strategies, and knowledge to address your global security needs, our comprehensive services include everything from incident response and security risk assessments to comprehensive, customized deployments and training. We offer a full range of services that span the entire McAfee portfolio of solutions and ensure you get heightened visibility into your overall security posture.

Work for McAfee Security Services?

Learning about McAfee Security Services?

McAfee Security Services Reviews

Showing 42 McAfee Security Services reviews
McAfee Security Services review by JESUS ARMANDO B.
JESUS ARMANDO B.

"Keep your devices safe and free of viruses."

What do you like best?

What I like about mcAfee is that it works against viruses and not against your PC. Otherwise, it is quite easy to navigate through the program and create exceptions for the programs that AVG blocks incorrectly.

I have used many antivirus programs over the years and many of them have always come into conflict with other programs. I use my Internet or I did much more than just keep viruses out of my PC. McAfee does the work, gives you options on how to do it, and gives you statistics about what is happening. Its easy-to-navigate user interface makes the problems that occasionally arise easily solvable, compared to most other programs that exist.

What do you dislike?

No he tenido un problema con este programa. Me gusta mucho

Recommendations to others considering the product

Protect all your devices with an optimized quality antivirus that does not slow down the PC making its use a nightmare. The free version offers basic protection against viruses, while the paid version provides other important functions, such as antimalware capabilities. It also offers system optimization tools, but if you have a relatively low-level computer, it could consume more resources making your computer a little slower.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about McAfee Security Services
G2 Crowd User

"Not Free, But May Be Worth It"

What do you like best?

McAfee is not only reputable and reliable, but it's "auto-renew" feature prevents me from forgetting to renew my digital security system and compromising it. McAfee is also available without auto-renew, but will still remind you before your subscription runs out. McAfee also routinely updates (automatically with your permission), which means your security system is always up to date on the latest virus prevention software.

What do you dislike?

McAfee isn't cheap, but it also isn't terribly expensive. Typically the first year is greatly discounted (like $35-45) and every year thereafter the renewal rate is about $65. However, you can usually buy a bundle package, which allows you to ensure multiple devices. If you purchase this and use it on multiple computers, tablets, etc. your cost per installation is much more affordable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are alternatives to McAfee Security Services, so consider your needs (Apple v. PC, Phone v. Computer, Personal v. Business) and budget first, but overall McAfee offers good bang for the buck and customer service is reliable.

What Vulnerability Assessment Services solution do you use?

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Runs in the background and alerts me whenever there seems to be a threat"

What do you like best?

I like seeing when a threat has been eliminated, especially if I had not asked for it because to me it shows that it knows when something is an issue and doesn't wait for me to always make that determination. If I did it myself every time, it would probably be too late.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Scan System button was larger because usually when I go to the main consoles I like to see a large button that says "Scan" because it makes you feel better when you are feeling threatened. You feel like you're actually taking hold of your computer's issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that McAfee has made a name for itself and it is an easily recognizable brand that people can trust. I would go with McAfee for most of your security needs as it is more than likely they will live up to your expectations.

McAfee Security Services review by Sabrina Y.
Sabrina Y.

"An Awesome Security Feature and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The scan features are easy to use it is one click and it scans everything in minutes while also capturing sensitive information on the computer. It is also extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about the product it is very easy to use. I would suggest the product to anyone it is constantly updating and improving to address the needs of the computer system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest utilizing this product it has been perfected over the years and is still represented as one the best security software out there on the market.

McAfee Security Services review by Donnaemilia R.
Donnaemilia R.

"Great resource, but hard to keep up with"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a dependable security system for my computers to work effectively. Nothing is worse than your computer getting a virus, and frustration doesn't stop there. McAfee gives the ability for users to feel secure and to know that their product will work for them, even when they don't have to think about it.

What do you dislike?

The main that I disliked was the short time for subscription. I felt that it was best served if there was a long term solution that could continue over multiple years versus yearly.

McAfee Security Services review by Kirsten R.
Kirsten R.

"Great but Pricey"

What do you like best?

It does a really great job at protecting our computers even when people click on things they shouldn't

What do you dislike?

The price is too high even though the service is excellent. They also have too many pop ups for reminders and such. Our less experienced computer users don't even read them usually and just click to make them go away, which isn't always a good thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many security companies our there, but this one has worked the best so far. Expensive, but worth the money.

McAfee Security Services review by Maria L.
Maria L.

"mcafee is the best antivirus"

What do you like best?

What I like is that apart from the security and efficiency offered by this program, it has a virus available on the net and has the option to use a free version before buying the official, BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GOOD MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS IT IS THE ONE YOU WANTED.

What do you dislike?

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS SOME WITH THIS PROGRAM, EXCELLENT

Recommendations to others considering the product

I RECOMMEND THIS ANTIVIRUS FOR MANY REASONS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME IS THAT IT PROTECTS ALL MY DOCUMENTS AND MY TEAM IN A VERY EFFICIENT WAY

McAfee Security Services review by Vy N.
Vy N.

"It’s alright!"

What do you like best?

The price is reasonable and they have wonderful customer service that truly strives to help! They work really hard with what they have! I hope after a couple years they will be able to offer better services!

What do you dislike?

We had to drop them when they no okay her were able to keep all our information store securely. We would have stayed if they could have guaranteed us more security with personal payment information. You get what you paid for.

McAfee Security Services review by Viviana P.
Viviana P.

"Highly recommended, excellent antivirus"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent product, it is installed on my cell phone and it is a well-functioning one, it makes copies of the files and stores them securely, it protects my cell phone online and offline.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have problems, only that the scans may take a while, the rest is an excellent product to keep your computer free of viruses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is useful to ensure the safety of the equipment

McAfee Security Services review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"McAfee"

What do you like best?

I would not recommend this service. I don't find it to be as accurate as windows defender / security center. It seems more risky to use this then the basic service provided with the computer.

What do you dislike?

All the pop ups, it seems more like a virus than a virus removal tool. I don't think that the software is updated nearly enough to keep up with all the newest vulnerabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it

McAfee Security Services review by Zain S.
Zain S.

"More then secure enough for daily operations"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed working with their friendly UI and prompt service response when I had a question or concern.

What do you dislike?

Finding the features or services you need to access can be cumbersome especially when you have to dig through a myriad of settings to find something very simple this was not exactly very convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes they are good to work with one of the better security service providers out there. They have my recommendation.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Nanotechnology
G2 Crowd User in Nanotechnology

"Antivirus that does the job"

What do you like best?

it gives you much protection you need such as the total protection up to 5 devices, but I have the plan for protecting my 10 devices which is $109.99, so you can have a password manager, you can have home network protection even the file lock

What do you dislike?

it's not cheap and it really cost much. $109.99 is just so much money for this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go away and smell the roses, you can't tell unless you use it yourself. I mean I have had it for almost 9 years but I guess I am just used to it

McAfee Security Services review by Jillian J.
Jillian J.

"It's a virus in and of itself"

What do you like best?

I suppose it keeps my computer's safe from virsuses at work

What do you dislike?

For home use, it seems like a virus in and of itself. Even with this product, I still managed to get viruses. I have found better and less annoying service since. You can never get rid of this product once it's installed without some serious work.

McAfee Security Services review by Mandi M.
Mandi M.

"Mcafee good for Malware"

What do you like best?

Loved thay a free trial was offered to try the security services before buying. Love that it runs automatically in the background and gives a thorough report along with options to keep all data safe & secure.

What do you dislike?

Did not perform as well with virus protection, but had no other complaints. Runs smooth & quickly.

McAfee Security Services review by genesis M.
genesis M.

"the best total protection antivirus"

What do you like best?

It is the best antivirus in the world, very complete and easy to use. Bringing full protection to my team, it is very useful since I use it.

What do you dislike?

I really like this program sincerely recommended, only that the scans can take a while to be done, the rest is an excellent product to keep your computer free of viruses.

McAfee Security Services review by Prikshit S.
Prikshit S.

"Security services for your devices"

What do you like best?

Does not occupy much size in your hard disk. Does not affect the PC performance but only works against the viruses. Free version is also available for all.

What do you dislike?

I don’t find any drawbacks of using this application. If I find later on in future, would surely like to update.

"Best for protection"

What do you like best?

You can use this product for many different features. They have antivirus protection,, firewall protection, antispam protection and limited parental control features but they still have them. I do believe it has the best option for Malware protection,

What do you dislike?

There are not enough options for parental control. Also, the computer is a little slow while McAfee is running in the background. It is one of the highest priced anti viral protections out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products that work just as well for a smaller price.

McAfee Security Services review by Diosibel M.
Diosibel M.

"Best security for every computer"

What do you like best?

It is an easy-to-use antivirus, and it provides the necessary security for my computer, it is excellent for detecting the existing virus on the Internet and keeping my computer safe.

What do you dislike?

I have no problems, I like it gives me the security I need

McAfee Security Services review by Bradley S.
Bradley S.

"Excellent protection for any computer!"

What do you like best?

The software offers a wide array of security features, especially for those using it for proprietary business protection.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software slows down the computer while doing a scan. Schedule scans to be performed during low utilization periods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to find the package ideal for your situation. Don't overspend on overabundant features.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"There are better security services available, but McAfee will do the bare minimum"

What do you like best?

Not much really. It's a pretty basic antivirus program for someone who needs to cover their bases with such protection.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that this product did not offer much protection. The customer service was not very helpful either. Even after charging an arm and a leg, they could not remove the Trojan from my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with a better product rather than using this. The last time I used it, it did not provide the necessary security.

"Annoying"

What do you like best?

They have a free trial program I have used years in the past. I do feel like this program helps clean junk also to keep your computer running fast and to keep from getting bogged down.

What do you dislike?

A lot of elderly people get talked into using this security program but dont understand how to use it and are worried they are always under attack. The constant alerts makes me less likely to want to use this program.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Government Administration
G2 Crowd User in Government Administration

"McAfee is only good if you pay for Premium"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that McAfee automatically installs and doesnt require constant updating to be able to protect you against viruses. It also automatically doesnt let you visit cerain sites.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it doesnt offer full protection for free. Also sometimes it doesnt let me access sites that dont have encrypted addresses, even if I personally know that the sites are safe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use the free version, you dont need the paid.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Background Screening software for business and personal devices"

What do you like best?

I like how it is always running and it won't over use the memory or cpu capacity to slow down any business.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is a paid system. There are many free security softwares that do similar things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like how they are really careful in the quarantine service, as they need to be careful with any suspicious emails but it may delay some business if data were flagged.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Real Estate
G2 Crowd User in Real Estate

"A simple to understand and control interface for computer security "

What do you like best?

I like that the platform provides a simple and easy to use interface in order to tell what viruses or threats my computer might be prone to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the automatic scans and other notifications can be overwhelming, especially when using across multiple computers. I was able to control this by configuration of the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving this service an opportunity as it has been proven effective for my business.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Government Administration
G2 Crowd User in Government Administration

"McAffee Eats Your Computer Alive"

What do you like best?

It has an excellent antivirus software that detects and removes problems quickly.

What do you dislike?

It eats up your computer alive. It has backdoor programs and background software that take up all the cpu and internet RAM and memory. It slows the entire system down. There are too many moving parts to this software. You have to do several internet uninstaliations as well as file inspections to be sure you removed the entire thing.

McAfee Security Services review by Rachel F.
Rachel F.

"reliable security"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to install and affordable.

What do you dislike?

I can get pop ups about updates that can pop up a lot and can be annoying.

McAfee Security Services review by Shirley C.
Shirley C.

"Save your Computer"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and running the anti-virus scans work wonderfully

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I really dislike about the program, it's wonderful

McAfee Security Services review by Marziya H.
Marziya H.

"Adequate protection "

What do you like best?

I have not had any problems so far with this program in terms of viruses or security breach.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the software won't send reminders that it needs to do a sweep.

G2 Crowd User

"Reliable, Efficent and Affordable Service"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that it is easy to install and follow through the program. It is easy to identity warning and other pop-ups prompted by the service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes all the alerts can get a bit overwhelming but I rather that than be hit with something much worse and suffer the consequences later with a virus or security breech.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Protect your computer from the latest threats"

What do you like best?

The best thing it that we get exposed to a lot of threats and we don't have to worry about loosing or others getting our information.

What do you dislike?

Everyday people is inventing new virus to infect your computer so it is really hard to keep up

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will cover all your worries about computer threats-virus. Price is very accessible

McAfee Security Services review by Monica C.
Monica C.

"Great softwa"

What do you like best?

The ease of use makes it great for computer services

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it makes other software uninstall

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Great security advice that helps protect against cyberattacks"

What do you like best?

One account works across Apple and Android devices. You can link multiple users like having a single account for the entire family/company. Comprehensive scan results.

What do you dislike?

Performance lags. Slows down the computer at times which is irritating. Still not 100% effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enhancements to making the tool more accessible by non-technical personnel

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Its a solid Anti-Virus "

What do you like best?

The aspect standing out the most to me is how user-friendly they've made the interface. Making all features very clear in what they do and how they should be implemented.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of how many warnings it's given, but I suppose too many is better than too few.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Best Safety and Security Option"

What do you like best?

Love the alerts

The bold detail for the possible threats

Love the securities in place

I am impressed at what a thorough product this is.

What do you dislike?

No issues to have a dislike. We have been happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Top choice and should be your choice for safety and securities

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"McAfee makes you feel confident and protected!"

What do you like best?

That updates are run automatically. I often forget to run them on my own. When I receive an auto-reminder that this has been done for me, it puts me at ease!

What do you dislike?

I cannot speak to any dislikes that I have with the security system.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Machinery
G2 Crowd User in Machinery

"McAfee Security Review"

What do you like best?

The reports generated after the scheduled scans were helpful and it was good to have these provided routinely.

What do you dislike?

The software did not protect against all malware. Additional security protection was required to remove a threat not detected by McAfee.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Could be more user firendly"

What do you like best?

It does provide great security for a wide range of devices.

What do you dislike?

The product user interface could be more user friendly with ability to toggle between device settings and options.

"McAfee"

What do you like best?

McAfee is proactive and let us know when anything is suspicious.

What do you dislike?

Last time an employee had an issue, the support person received almost 100 email notification

"McAfee Security Services"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about the product is just simply that it works.

What do you dislike?

What I liked least about the software was the user interface.

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Accounting
G2 Crowd User in Accounting

"Great Secu"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and alerts received from the software.

What do you dislike?

The numerous pop ups on any given day as they can be overwhelming

McAfee Security Services review by G2 Crowd User in Legal Services
G2 Crowd User in Legal Services

"McAfee Security "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to check up on your computers safety

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price of the software and it’s services

"McAfee "

What do you like best?

It checks social media accounts for any malicious downloads

What do you dislike?

It can make the computer a bit slow sometimes especially when updating

Learning about McAfee Security Services?

* We monitor all McAfee Security Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.