McAfee Web Protection

McAfee Web Protection is a secure web gateway that protects every device, user, and location from sophisticated Internet threats.

Work for McAfee Web Protection?

Learning about McAfee Web Protection?

McAfee Web Protection Reviews

Showing 17 McAfee Web Protection reviews
McAfee Web Protection review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Prevention is the best Security"

What do you like best?

I like the symbol that floats up and down on the bottom right hand of the page. I like that it is big at first then shrinks so it is eye catching and they can start their experience knowing their information is protected.

What do you dislike?

When I had McAfee for my personal computer, the pop up to sign up for McAfee drove me crazy so I sort of have a bad impression for all the forceful attempts to make me renew a subscription I never wanted in the first place. But everyone seems to know and feel good about the logo

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they are all about the same except some have a reputation to protect. I think this company is heading into the right direction.

I do internet sales, so I am already considered a risk. With all of the internet scammers and stealing that goes on, I need something that people can recognize by site. They know I am a professional company that cares about their information.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about McAfee Web Protection
McAfee Web Protection review by Nicholas Z.
Nicholas Z.

"Mcafee is a good option if it's your only option.."

What do you like best?

It provides protection for almost everything. This includes email protection, malware, spyware, ddosing, botting, website filtering, spam filtering, and much more.It has a complete package and warns you about almost any vulnerabilities it finds and gives you options. It doesnt seem to use that much resources on the computer and the difference in speed before and after installing is minimal.

What do you dislike?

It's like a controlling stepfather of programs. It interrupts a lot of things you try to do, seem nosey, and I can guarantee it's collecting a bunch of information. It blocks sites that aren't even on the block list sometimes and straight out denies access to sites it feels are 'vulnerable' when you know they aren't. You can't disable the protection easily, either. When you try to, it still runs in the background. You have to manually remove it in system processes. Seems very demanding. Unfortunately there are not any better options for a big B2B Enterprise needing protection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There aren't many other options for big businesses. This provides and all in one suite of protection. It has it's cons but it also does the job and is reliable.

Safety of our users. We have very confidential information in and within all our computer and applications. We needed an all in one security endpoint and we use the Web protection along with the endpoint encryption to do this.

What Secure Web Gateway solution do you use?

McAfee Web Protection review by Lori M.
Lori M.

"Hopefully improved"

What do you like best?

Ease of purchasing , offers through purchases of computer equipment and other software. It leaves out the need to search for a security suite which is helpful if one is not familiar with that need.

What do you dislike?

I experienced viruses and trojan issues several times which prompted me to move to another suite. It was costly to get repaired. I had to take my PC to Best Buy for repairs and recovery on 3 occasions which I do not feel is adequate coverage for such a renowned company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Webroot. This has been my protection for all my devices for years and have had not issues so far.

I had complete shut down of my computer due to attacks, more than once.

McAfee Web Protection review by Charles B.
Charles B.

"Fair product but good protection"

What do you like best?

I enjoy their McAfee console which has a variety of different easy to understand the data and have a good sense of how your network is working. It is a very informative product.. This program provides great protection for the whole team, preventing viruses and other malicious problems on your computer.

What do you dislike?

Price. Also, there are too many unnecessary navigation items. It would be nice if I could navigate to a specific part of the interface without having to load a new page every click.

Through the use of McAfee Endpoint Protection my network has been easier to control. The solution resolved is the protection of equipment against possible risks when surfing the internet,

McAfee Web Protection review by Jaap M.
Jaap M.

"McAfee Web Protection User Review"

What do you like best?

- unlimited licences to protect all my devices

- provides a lot of general protection for my business PC, including spam and email filtering, as well as email protection

- informs me about suspicious software or quarantined files

What do you dislike?

- it won't block effectively all malware

- it can act in unpredictable ways and block sites and files; sometimes even delete files without permission

Recommendations to others considering the product

one of the best options for businesses in my opinion

Despite a few shortcomings, McAfee Web Protection provides good security within our organisation, is easy to install and doesn't seem to slow our PCs.

"Reliable product"

What do you like best?

I like that this program will scan independently depending on when you select. Very convenient and makes me feel like my data and computer is secure.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes feel like the scan does not pick up all possible threats or bugs that my computer may have. Sometimes i feel like i have an active virus but it does not seem to identify it and it will take me multiple scans for this system to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

continue to improve detection of bugs, viruses and threats to computer security and safety. Make sure that even small viruses are being identified and find ways to eliminate them immediately.

This program helps to make our platform at work more secure so that HIPPA sensitive documents stay secure

McAfee Web Protection review by Isis M.
Isis M.

"easy to install"

What do you like best?

It was free for me because I am a Shaw Customer, Detects and removes viruses, and SPAM

It protects Windows

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative I can say about McAfee

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to install

I Protect my computer from viruses

McAfee Web Protection review by Shobhit A.
Shobhit A.

"Good software to save you from virus "

What do you like best?

- Real time protection on web surfing

- Scanning of virus within the system

What do you dislike?

- not much to dislike really however the user interface can be made better for users to navigate and use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for better protection.

Doesn't slow your system down like other providers of security software.

- Keeping my machine safe from virus and malware

"Virus Free"

What do you like best?

That I don't really notice that its there. It does all its work in the background and doesn't seem to slow down the computer at all. Granted I am an engineer with a fairly powerful computer used for drafting and design work but even with all of those programs running, never had any issues with this software.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I do not like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virus free for three years

Use it to protect our systems from outside attack with an added login before you are even able to access your computer in the morning when you first power up.

McAfee Web Protection review by User in Financial Services

"Keeps my computer running smoothly."

What do you like best?

i like that is scans my computer every week for harmful viruses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes scanning takes longer that I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give McAfee a try, they have multiple trial options so that you can try without having to pay at first. If you don't like it, you can always cancel. I definitely recommend.

Allows us to keep harmful viruses off of our computers, warns me about any harmful data before downloading it. Let's me know if anything needs to be updated or changed.

McAfee Web Protection review by Madugundu R.
Madugundu R.

"McAfee web protection"

What do you like best?

i would like to prefer to customer who are looking for protecting their endpoint machine through threat protection.

What do you dislike?

i have not seen any dislike on mcafee endpoint protection

real time protecting with unknown threats and creating names

McAfee Web Protection review by User

"Unfortunate pre-installed bloatware on our laptops"

What do you like best?

The best part of this is being able to uninstall it.

What do you dislike?

The worst part of this is having to uninstall it, and it literally begs you multiple times not to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend paying for any renewed subscription.

We purchase new laptops from Toshiba and Lenovo and this comes pre-installed. It often slows things down and prevents some things from working correctly.

McAfee Web Protection review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"McAfee has come a long way but..."

What do you like best?

I like that McAfee comes per-installed with computers

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is almost impossible to remove the software. It's almost like its hardwired into the pc!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is difficult to reach live tech support for removal of the software after purchase. Perhaps McAfee has corrected this issue for new installs.

We were solving scans of employee computers to prevent viruses.

McAfee Web Protection review by User in Financial Services

"McAfee Review"

What do you like best?

It keeps up to date on the most recent new protection services that were added and enables my computer to run quickly without any bugs. Not noticeable in the background and doesn't bother me in my day to day work with messages regarding pop-ups for ads.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes gives updates that may not be necessary.

Nothing related to my day-to-day

McAfee Web Protection review by Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.

"Excellent software "

What do you like best?

The internet protection at real time is very effective

What do you dislike?

Its heavier than other protection softwares

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best security software ever

My digital security

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The software provides automated updates and constantly checks the computer

What do you dislike?

I think the software pops up way too often in bottom right corner of my screen.

We are keeping our computers safe

McAfee Web Protection review by User in Internet

"Very good protection like how simple and easy this program is to use and keep updated on the compute"

What do you like best?

I wish it had quicker scan ability and longer subscriptions

What do you dislike?

Oover all its a great system and I do not dislike any part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and easy to use

Protection and security

Learning about McAfee Web Protection?

* We monitor all McAfee Web Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.