McGraw-Hill Connect

McGraw-Hill Connect

McGraw-Hill Connect is a digital teaching and learning environment that saves students and instructors time while improving performance over a variety of critical outcomes.

Work for McGraw-Hill Connect?

Learning about McGraw-Hill?

McGraw-Hill Connect Reviews

Ask McGraw-Hill a Question
Showing 95 McGraw-Hill reviews
McGraw-Hill review by <span>Joseph A.</span>
Joseph A.

"McGraw Hill-Connect Review"

What do you like best?

McGraw Hill-Connect makes classroom management very easy, which is probably its best quality! It is user friendly and easy to understand. It works well on different platforms which is always a plus!

It also allows walk through videos for courses so that you can understand the concept; this is something that I like to incorporate a lot in my organic chemistry session online.

What do you dislike?

Some features provided by it make grading very difficult which, otherwise, is a very important task for a Teaching Assistant like myself. The courses are quite expensive and a lot of student do not want to pay that amount. So it would be better if they include an extended free trial period functionality.

It also does not work well on android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep the course key price low if you are a professor.

I use McGraw-Hill Connect to post lecture notes on Organic Chemistry for my students at UNT. It is a really helpful and effective means of providing course content to the students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about McGraw-Hill Connect
McGraw-Hill review by <span>Priyanka S.</span>
Priyanka S.

"My revview for McGraw-Hill Connect"

What do you like best?

This website is an amazing place to for e-learning. I have used this for a political science and physics class for accessing homework and course contents. I now also use it at my workplace to help in tutoring other students. I like variety of features that it offers, like bookmarking your pages, and keeping track of where you left off.

It is easy to access at any time and does not have too many bugs. I would definitely use it again in the future as well!

What do you dislike?

A lot of times, the course keys are so expensive that people just do not wanna buy the course. I wish they would extend the free trial period a little bit longer so that more people would be willing to access it.

Other than that, there is not much to really dislike about this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a go for yourself and your students!

Make good use of the free trial period

I have used this for my own courses, as well as at my workplace to tutor other students. It has definitely helped in improving my grades and knowledge of the courses.

What Online Learning Platform solution do you use?

McGraw-Hill review by <span>Alexa C.</span>
Alexa C.

"User-Friendly Platform"

What do you like best?

This platform allows students to stay on top of assignments and gives them extra practice. Also, students can reference previous years of curriculum that has been tied to their Fulton Schools student ID number. (For example, my 5th graders could revisit content from their 4th grade books from last year)

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the e-book "times out" when you have not been using it for a little while. This requires me to login again in order to go back to where I was last working.

It allows for students to always have access to the curriculum, even if they forget their workbook at school. It also allows me to be able to access curriculum content to assign it to students at anytime. I reference the teacher materials when I am working on lesson plans from home as well.

McGraw-Hill review by <span>Josh E.</span>
Josh E.

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

It is a great place to publish all of your course content and make it accessible to a huge bunch of students. Videos work perfectly on McGraw Hill Connect as well, and that always promotes better learning for students. It is pretty popular among various professors and students as a means of sharing knowledge.

I think that McGrawHill Connect is doing a good job!

What do you dislike?

It does not work well on mobile phones. Also, the key to buy different subject codes is quite expensive and a lot of student don't want to pay that amount. The trial period is just about 14 days long which is not long enough to retain everything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the key price low.

I use it to publish notes for my students at TAMU. It is a good interface and it is easy to publish content.

McGraw-Hill review by <span>Fenton H.</span>
Fenton H.

"McGraw-Hill Connect: incompetence and unaccountablity personiffied"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that my employer is switching from McGraw Hill to a different educational internet service.

What do you dislike?

I’m (temporarily) an adjunct faculty member with a community college in California, where I teach general chemistry 1A. The students paid for access to the McGraw-Hill website to submit homework assignments and access the online version of the textbook. Over the past two weeks, they have not been able to do so, and instead receive error messages.

As an adjunct, I finally called McGraw-Hill on their “help” telephone line. Their "help" telephone line routes to either a line for instructors or for students. It was not possible to get a real person on the line for the instructor branch, and also not to have a relevant option to chose from.

I then chose the student option. It was indeed possible to contact a real person. I gave him the name of Foothill Community College, the name of the textbook and my family name (but not an e-mail address). However this person refused to directly address the issue, and instead tried to bounce me to a different telephone number. I reminded him that he was being paid for our telephone conversation but yet I was not. He still would not contact their IT service.

There are many things which one can rant about from this experience. I will simply recommend all faculty and students to avoid this incompetent and unaccountable company and its internet products at all costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away from McGraw-Hill.

This is higher education

McGraw-Hill review by User in Higher Education

"McGraw Hill Connect Review"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to assign homework assignments, practice problems and track student progress. Also, my students tell me that having e-textbook is very useful so that they do not need to carry the textbook.

What do you dislike?

The customer service and the digital technical support. Most of the time they are not able to fix the technical problems the students have, so students miss homework because of this. Also, I heavily dislike the fact that now the only bundles that students are able to buy include an e-text which brings up the price substantially. I feel that there should be an option to just do the homework online without buying the e-text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product but not the best. Would not necessarily recommend it because there are better services out there. But if this is the only option you have then definitely go for it.

I use it at California Polytechnic as a student supervisor to help my students access their McGraw hill e-texts and their quizzes and course contents.

Learn more about McGraw-Hill Connect

McGraw-Hill Connect Videos

McGraw-Hill Connect Downloads

Learning about McGraw-Hill Connect?

* We monitor all McGraw-Hill Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.