McKesson Practice Plus

Practice Management System.

Work for McKesson Practice Plus?

Learning about McKesson?

McKesson Practice Plus Reviews

Showing 21 McKesson reviews
McKesson review by Sophia B.
Sophia B.

"Needs work but seen worse"

What do you like best?

I like that I can get patient records faster than calling hospital/clinic to send them to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I have to go in multiple screens or change my desktop to login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use another software. The only reason I had access to this software is die to our providers were strictly hospital setting only and this is what thw hospital had. I would tale the info from them and put it in ours. There were ALWAYS problems. If you needed help or any support, it would tale forever just to get a representative!! We no longer have this client since the hospital went bankrupt!!

Saves time and money with us being able to go in to get patient's information and records than relying and waiting on the provider.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about McKesson Practice Plus
McKesson review by Kristy R.
Kristy R.

"A great software for the emergency department"

What do you like best?

For me I like the ease-of-use and the ease of teaching a new software to someone who has never used that particular brand of software before . It helps ease the transition into a new position .

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to put in free text notes of any support that can be seen across the platform, with the different views of doctors and nurses etc. there are a few things that if not put in a particularly certain way our doctors are unable to see them and requires different software in order to supplement them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider it for your emergency department if that's what you are looking to use it for. The ease-of-use across the system and being able to use it for every one was important and we are able to do that

It has definitely speeded up our patient care and it makes it so we can provide patient care instead of having to spend hours upon hours every day documenting what we're doing.

What Medical Practice Management solution do you use?

McKesson review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Use of McKesson for Labor and Delivery"

What do you like best?

I like that the order sets are very easy to use and are able to bundle order sets together. Makes putting in MD orders a lot easier than a lot of other systems.

What do you dislike?

I hate the layout of the system. It does not fit well with labor and delivery, more for a med surg. Floor. It is easy to miss sections that need to be chart with the show all button. You have to chart the same thing in several places because it doesn’t cross over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs a way to have everything data wise cross over get rid of show all button!!

I chart patient information and put in orders for patients that the doctors write. Again, the system does make it easy to put in orders but charting patient care is not user friendly.

McKesson review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"McKesson Practice Plus Review"

What do you like best?

The software is well organized, fast, and very dependable. You are able to view images and dictated reports simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Only dislike is that it takes a minute or two to load up initially, but once the software is running, it is very fast and dependable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very useful for organizing and referencing past cardiac procedures performed on patients. The software is highly dependable. I would recommend it to any hospital network that offers comprehensive cardiac care. I'm not sure what other departments could benefit from this software as my experience with this software is limited only to the Emergency Department and Cardiology Department.

Ability to organize and review cardiac procedures for patients throughout our hospital network. These procedures include echos, stress tests, caths. It's very well organized, fast, and rarely has downtime.

McKesson review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Mediocre staff scheduling application"

What do you like best?

I'm a nurse and this company does our scheduling. It is pretty convenient to be able to make your schedule at home using this companys website. It's nice not having to input your schedule at work. If something comes up, it is very easy to log into McKesson and edit your schedule availability.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of short comings to McKesson web scheduling.

First off, their phone application is not very user friendly. You cannot input your schedule availability from your phone. The only thing we are able to use from the scheduling phone application is to see what days we are working. Even seeing the days working through the phone is very inconvenient. From the calendar view which shows all the days in the month, there is no indicator from the view to tell what days you are working, you have to manually click on the day for it to show you if you are scheduled to work on said day.

When the charge nurse is looking to see what nurses are working for upcoming days, they have to manually go into the web scheduler and look through every single nurse to see if they are working or not. It would make sense if you clicked on a day to see which nurses are on schedule, but McKesson does not have that feature, and again manually the charge nurse has to physically look through each nurse to see if they are scheduled or not. Errors are often made because staffing lists are so big that the charge nurse often miss to see whos working because they have to one by one go through the big list.

One other knack on McKesson is that their software is not compatible with all browsers, so depending on the computer and browser, one may not be able to login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems like outdating software

Nurses are able to schedule themselves online and at home. Workers are able to see other workers schedules, therefore swapping shifts is easier.

McKesson review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="68cd26f7-f4c5-4aa7-ad80-fa15c39beddd">Caleb D.</span>
Caleb D.
" itemprop="name" />

"McKesson for Healthcare"

What do you like best?

Very easy to software to use, and maintain. The DBA's responsibilities are very easy and simple as long ads they have a good grasp of how the software works and in which tables the data it's store in order to grant access to users. With Audit in regards with IT Audit, it is very simple to audit to find who has access to what, and if they should have that corresponding access via simple SQL query.

What do you dislike?

The software its great and it does a good job at maintaining data for any healthcare organization or hospital. However, it needs a major face lift. It just looks very outdated. This is only a cosmetic part, the functionalities are great.

Granting access to different departments and people within that department. For example a nurse should have only access to information related to their job and no any other access. An accountant should only have access to information needed to perform their job and not other type of access.

McKesson review by Irlyn H.
Irlyn H.

"great program without the fancy GUI"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is set up in our system, mckesson has been able to cater to our needs and make design changes when asked. It doesn't look fancy but it is a powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

The updates are painful sometimes. Taking hours and hours, and then lagging for a few days afterwards. But typically we don't have too many of those updates.

Being able to track a patient through multiple locations. And the billing set up makes payments and collections seamless.

McKesson review by Miranda D.
Miranda D.

"McKesson is good for keeping patient info securely and neatly. "

What do you like best?

The ability to add all of your patients for the day and see what priority actions at a glance for each patient.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is issues when entering a value and an error with the time with editing if you have to go back and change something you put. It won't allow some edits sometimes.

It allows all members of the care team to be able to access the patient's chart without physically being in the paper chart.

McKesson review by Kelly F.
Kelly F.

"i did not like this program"

What do you like best?

there was little to like about this program, it is not user friendly and it was hard to grasp all of the learning basics especially when trying to get a bulk of work done.

What do you dislike?

This was not user friendly as I have stated about and it also was hard to navigate patient to patient and easy to make mistakes.

No comment. We did away with this program very quickly.

McKesson review by Lisa A. K.
Lisa A. K.

"Easy and Efficient Supplier for our busy office"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to add items to our formulary - things are typically added within a few hours and placing the order is very painless. Delivery is very, very fast, too - we usually have our items within 1 or 2 business days.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the formulary list exists at all seems like an unnecessary step.

It reduces our need to search around for certain products. Our standing agreement with McKesson makes my job much easier.

McKesson review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Mckesson"

What do you like best?

There are multiple reasons I enjoy using mckesson. The representative meets with me on an as needed basis. Products ordered online arrive extremely quick within a 1-2 day period. The website interface is simple to browse through products.

What do you dislike?

Something I do not like is sometimes the item is out of stock and might not be available to ship for another 3-4 weeks ( until the item is restocked). This is a hassle for me because I have to look elsewhere to purchase the product.

Mckesson is a convenient inventory purchasing service. The convenience of being invoiced makes life just a little bit easier in a medical facility.

McKesson review by Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.

"McKesson review "

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use and the cleanliness of the screen. It did not look cluttered.

What do you dislike?

That the system had to be upgraded every night so there was a down time.

NICU population, charting needs to be more specific

McKesson review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Very practical, and easy to use. People at work believes that this software makes their charting eas"

What do you like best?

I love it, finish charting on time, and it’s updated very often, so never gets delayed or so

What do you dislike?

Easier to use and many choices to describe the patients abilities, and other explanations that insurance requiere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s perfect

I reliazed that it works better in general for all the medical field, and since we need to write notes step by step, this software makes it easier and quick.

McKesson review by Tanya L.
Tanya L.

"Electronic health record"

What do you like best?

As a nurse this was a good starting place for documentation.

What do you dislike?

As a provider this is not as user friendly as epic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use epic

Patient documentation.

McKesson review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Used everyday at job for viewing imaging for patients"

What do you like best?

easily accessible, user friendly, able to view images quickly, able to load multiple images easily or for scrolling through CT.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really that i dislike about it, works for what i need it to work for!

Having a way to view images that we order for patients that we are caring for. Benefit of being able to view from any computer since it is an online interface, as opposed to specific computers that have a license as other programs sometimes have (such as PACS)

McKesson review by Rafael H.
Rafael H.

"use it order Mckesson products, review inventory, and track our use "

What do you like best?

the simplicity and that we can show a new user with minimum training

What do you dislike?

it is a little slow at times, and it takes time to think

supply chain and inventory control

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

It is easy for everyone and allows us to effectively access patient information

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product

We are able to access patient health information easily and be able to see what other providers say as well

"It’s outdated"

What do you like best?

I like that you can make it how you need it for your line of practice.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the complexity of some of the charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use epic instead

That we needed to upgrade. Badly.

McKesson review by User in Higher Education

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Great program, I order all of my clinics products from this site and it has not failed me yet.

What do you dislike?

The communication between the company and customer are lacking. It is sometimes a long wait to get ahold if you had shipping problems.

Product ordering and shipping.

McKesson review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Very helpful in my pharmacy"

What do you like best?

The user interface is manageable. I had no problem learning the system.

What do you dislike?

Some confusion as to when orders come in with holidays

It helps streamline our order process.

"Mckesson"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and decipher information

What do you dislike?

Difficult to locate certain info and time consuming searching

Recommendations to others considering the product

No longer using so unsure

Great for entering health information

Learning about McKesson Practice Plus?

* We monitor all McKesson Practice Plus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.