Meals Plus

Meals Plus provides a full suite of software for school cafeteria management. In fact, K-12 cafeteria software and support is all Meals Plus does.

Work for Meals Plus?

Learning about Meals Plus?

Meals Plus Reviews

Showing 5 Meals Plus reviews
Meals Plus review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Meals Plus is an Easy, Cost Effective Solution for Educators/ISDs to log Meals"

What do you like best?

After discussing Meals Plus with our district staff, the Point of Sale portal has been a huge benefit for our schools. The meal logging process has been simplified and this has helped our district by staying organized. We utilize the student and serving reports to keep track of use at each of our campuses.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is outdated. As a district, we transitioned to using many of the Google Apps for daily use. Each of these apps puts a huge premium on user experience. The Meals Plus program is nowhere near these application. First of all, web integration is a must. Having to install a program onto the hard drive is not always an option. Some of our campuses use Chromebooks which would not allow for this option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Meals Plus is a great tool for setting up a very basic meal program for a small to medium sized campus. We are a charter school district and many of our campuses are smaller in comparison to our ISD counterparts. I could see many frustrations that may arise if we attempted to roll out the program with a larger campus. We have had some issues with parents pre-paying for meals with a credit card. Also, the user interface could use some polishing. Overall, it is a very good, very basic program. We are satisfied with this service.

We were looking for an easy to use program for our lunch program. This is valuable in helping us control our inventory as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Meals Plus
Meals Plus review by User

"Good meals programs for schools"

What do you like best?

The easy online applications. Not are they only easy for those who are submitting the apps for those who are applying as well. The process to enter any application is really easy to do If you have any questions they have a great costumer service team there to help you out.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do dislike is from time to time when I log in it doesn't give me the full excess I have to the site. So I have to close it down and relog in. Sometimes I have to do this more then once. Not fun when you are in a hurry to get an answer for a parent or anyone who might need info. Usually third times the charm. Or I have to wait for a while to use site. It has never been so bad were I have to call costumer service about just yet though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not at this time.

Any application questions or billing questions a parent or team mate might have. I realized it is really easy to navigate the program. I have never really had a hard time trying to find something. I do play with it a lot and have found that there is a lot that you can do with this program. I would highly suggest to give yourself time to use and to play around a little. You will find, like me, you can learn a lot through this program.

What School Resource Management solution do you use?

Meals Plus review by <span>Alex P.</span>
Alex P.

"Meals plus has allowed us to succeed during lunch time with our students."

What do you like best?

The best thing is the detailed reports and the different programs in it. Like inventory, supper, admin and the lunch app process is so simple!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like is that sometimes u have to click different things to get to where u want to. A little simpler would be better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your staff will love it. Very user friendly but still runs all the reports you can think of.

We’re solving the issues at the beginning of school with lunch applications and by having it done online and also the food service staff loves the way all the end of day Print out.

Meals Plus review by <span>Alejandro L.</span>
Alejandro L.

"Nutrition Solution Software"

What do you like best?

Meals plus is an innovative software that combines all aspects of running a k12 nutrition program. It combines accountability to inventory and POS student software.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I would change would be more user friendly..... even though it covers everything.

We solved all k12 nutrition services solutions. From Verification process to reimbursement process as well.

Meals Plus review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Meals plus for schools "

What do you like best?

It’s a Necessity for tracking meals and balances.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow and lose connection even though it’s still within the WiFi connection boundaries.

It helps keep the schools meals program running mostly smoothly. It’s easy to look back at histories quickly and easily.

Learning about Meals Plus?

* We monitor all Meals Plus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.