Media Encoder CC

Deliver brilliant video content for web, broadcast and cinema with Media Encoder CC. Tight integration with Premiere Pro CC provides a seamless workflow, including handy presets for a broad range of formats.

Work for Media Encoder CC?

Learning about Media Encoder CC?

Compare Media Encoder CC to Similar Solutions

Media Encoder CC Reviews

Showing 71 Media Encoder CC reviews
Media Encoder CC review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Media Encoder is great for exporting more than one video over time, but it crashes often."

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to queue up multiple videos in Encoder at once, and then I can just leave it and continue either in Premiere or other applications I am working in, without having to go back to export each video individually.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder tends to crash about 50% of the time I use it— especially when I queue up an export, and then go back to working in Premiere. Often times, I simply have to queue up one or two videos to export, and then leave the computer completely alone without touching anything else. I always keep the application updated, so it really shouldn't be crashing this much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Media Encoder is incredibly useful and convenient when it works properly.

Exporting multiple versions of a videos, as well as using Encoder to create proxies in Premiere for smoother editing function.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Media Encoder CC
Media Encoder CC review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"Saves my life all the time!"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Encoder is the mass amounts of videos that it can crank out. You are able to load up as many videos as you want and set each one to encode differently. The encoding process doesn't have to stop when loading in more videos. It's great to have any project from any Adobe product easily open Encoder when directed. I love that you can even remove items from the queue when you catch a mistake in your project.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it get's buggy but that's nothing too terrible. It can be slow to open at times when you bump it through other programs like Premiere or After Effects. I do wish there was a simple "delete" button to get things out of your queue instead of the minus symbol.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution to those who would like to continue working without having the export slow you down. Encoder is a workhorse, all you exports will load up the queue and you can edit the codec even while its exporting previous items.

Encoder has solved the entire exporting process. I can continue to work in Premiere and After Effects smoothly all the while my videos that are ready, are exporting away in Encoder. It doesn't slow down the other programs in the least bit. You can even move your videos within the queue if you need a certain thing to export first.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Media Encoder CC review by Brendan C.
Brendan C.

"Excellent tool, even for beginners"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder makes it easy to convert files from nearly any format to nearly any format. It's interface is clear and straightforward and even better- it works with nearly all of the Adobe authoring tools like Premiere and After Effects.

Media encoder can be a lifesaver when it comes to converting lots of files or archiving footage. I use it on a daily basis. It also makes converting files for the web (facebook, Youtube) easy for anyone, not jus the tech savvy.

The best part of Media encoder is the ability to continue rendering while still working in Premiere or other programs. So basically I can render a show, and then go on working on my next show. Saves on downtime.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy tool for timecode burn in or extremely lightweight profiles for proxies. I have to still sometimes use Episode because it doesn't have as many options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more options for effects (timecode burn-in/timecode conversion) and other metadata tools.

We use media encoder for converting files for the web, sending to clients and exporting from AfterEffects. It also allows us to be rendering while still working on something else in premiere.

Media Encoder CC review by Parker Y.
Parker Y.

"Great Encoder Software for Creative Cloud"

What do you like best?

It's fast and lightweight, offering a wide variety of formats and codecs. You can send a project or file directly from After Effects and Premiere, giving it an edge over other encoders like Compressor and Handbrake. It's very stable and provides many common presets. Creating new presets is a painless process and the app gives you fine grain control over the output settings.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a few codecs has frustrated me in the past, but there's always an alternative. Sometimes it takes a while for a project sent from After Effects of Premiere to show up in the render queue. I've waited almost 5 minutes for a larger project to appear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great encoder that plays nicely with Premiere and After Effects. It's fast and easy to use!

Fast encoding with ease, multiple formats and export options. I can continue working while a render is in progress, saving me lots of time while working.

Media Encoder CC review by Gabriel J.
Gabriel J.

"Buggy as all get out, but still a workhorse. "

What do you like best?

The ability to stack a cue of videos and leave it running is fantastic. It makes me more efficient with my time, and eases the process of exporting a large number of videos simultaneously. Exporting out of premiere, you can only export one video at a time, and you can't do anything else in the background. The cross integration of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder is one of Adobe's strong points.

What do you dislike?

The latest iteration is the buggiest yet. It’s really tough to get through a whole cue without errors. I've had a frustrating number of errors lately, and I've had to go back and individually export out these videos from Premiere or cue them again and check my work, wasting more time than I would have if I had just exported them individually from Premiere in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful. Monitor exports carefully. Efficient, but full of bugs and errors in the past couple versions. I appreciate the functionality of Media Encoder greatly. It is a wonderful program when it runs well. I hope Adobe will fix a lot of these errors in the next couple versions. I have a lot of hope for Adobe, but the last couple version have been a little rough as far as number of bugs, and failed exports.

Time is money! And when Media Encoder CC is working correctly, it saves a lot of time. It enables me to work in the background in premiere when Media Encoder is exporting, and also frees me up to go and work on other things while a large cue is running in the background.

Media Encoder CC review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Great for rendering and conversion"

What do you like best?

Allows me to render videos while continuing to work in After Effects (which is impossible if one uses AE's rendering feature). Also great for converting/compressing video files using virtually every codec/format under the sun.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can take a long time to get going, renders will sometimes fail unexpectedly

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, rendering using GPU acceleration works much faster than Software Only, but your mileage may vary depending on your graphics card. Try both methods and see which works better for you.

As a motion graphics designer, I need Media Encoder to deliver files to clients who have very specific requirements when it comes to file format, bitrate, codec and audio compression. After Effects' rendering feature does not have nearly as much customization as Media Encoder does.

Media Encoder CC review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Small, fast, powerful"

What do you like best?

Adobe Media Encoder is essential if you work with After Effects or edit in Premiere, but even if you don't, it's still a powerful little media manager. I love having the ability to set watch folders for projects that require a lot of ripping from the internet. And the ability to export from Premiere or After Effects while still being able to work in them is a real time saver.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to designate a place for the processed watch clips to go, and it would be great to have a watch folder look at subfolders as well. At my job we increment our assets folders by day, which means setting up a new watch folder each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Media Encoder is a must have if you work in Adobe's Creative Cloud.

We use Media Encoder to export postings for clients, as well as to transcode clips from the internet if we're working on a project sourced from multiple different locations.

Media Encoder CC review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"Dedicated tool for exporting media files. "

What do you like best?

The queue is handy, and integrates with both Premiere and After Effects. It becomes especially useful if you also use the rest of the Adobe Suite for video editing, as the integrations are good and only keep getting better.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. Perhaps my use of the tool is narrow, but it seems so straight forward, as it is intended to do just one thing well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a straightforward tool for the job. It does exactly what it says. It encodes media. If you are serious about video editing, and plan to use the Adobe Suite, then Media Encoder is just a must. I am not sure if you can purchase Media Encoder as a standalone application, but it could still be useful as a media converter.

We've used media encoder to export After Effects projects as well as from Premiere. In some cases it is for larger comps, and in other cases batching many files when trimming down source media. Though, I don't think we'll have much of a choice as it seems Adobe is moving the export functions of Premiere and After Effects on to Media Encoder.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Higher Education

"Media Encoder"

What do you like best?

Media encoder is a great tool for ingesting, transcoding, creating proxies. One of my favorite things about media encoder is the ability to output multiple different flavors of one sequence at one time. You can also set presets to have it automatically upload to certain video sites, i.e. Youtube and Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

One of the only downsides i've found is, potentially, the need to watch a tutorial or two, just to fully understand everything Media Encoder can do for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find tips and tricks to be able to fully utilize everything Media Encoder can offer. This can be very useful as well when working in larger companies to utilize their creative clouds team projects features

We used to Squeeze, but now that adobe has media encoder, we've used this to transcode media into whatever flavor/deliverable our client needs. It has also made life easier with it's presets, so if we need to output the same video just in different bitrates, it has presets just for that.

Media Encoder CC review by Nicola F.
Nicola F.

"Media Encoder CC - A must-have encoder for videos"

What do you like best?

I mainly use it in combination with After Effects; It's amazing to be able to throw all the renders in the background, so I can keep working on my projects at the same time.

I appreciate the possibility to queue several videos.

Great and useful selection of export presets; Good and easy customization of the presets, too.

What do you dislike?

The rendering velocity is not the best one out there, and a few annoying bugs: sometimes a render will crash for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using this software in case you deal with video encoding/compression on a daily basis: you can export a batch of videos at once and keep working and editing videos at the same time.

Media Encoder CC helps me rendering videos and animation for a good amount of various platforms (eg. YouTube, Vimeo, broadcast, Instagram) and integrates perfectly with the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud

Media Encoder CC review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"The one stop shop for encoding video and audio"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. I like the fact that you have a vast list of ready to use presets for encoding to the most common platforms. And the possibility to create your own and save them for later use. It's quite fast and very well linked to the other Adobe video software (Premiere and After Effects). The overlay features are a good plus.

You can keep working and the Encoder will render in the background.

What do you dislike?

The naming system for the output file project could be more flexible.

Could improve on having more file formats or codecs support.

Could improve on subtitle file support inclusion.

The interface could improve a bit more. The preset list is very extensive and sometimes is too big to navigate. Also it should be easier to save the preset file next to the project so if needed you can recall it later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Media Encoder is a very handy and robust addition to the Adobe video family. The workflow is very easy and refined.

Fast rendering, you don't have to stop working just because you need to render a file, project, timeline or composition.

The preset system is very useful because you can personalise the specifics of the project and recall it for later use.

Media Encoder CC review by Sara T.
Sara T.

"Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

I love how much time Media Encoder saves. I can send several exports to this program while I continue to work on my projects. I also really like that I can change the order of my queue in case I decide that one project is more time sensitive than another.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the exports fail without a reason or pause unexpectedly. So sometimes when you think your project has been exporting for the past however long, you come back to find that it has been paused at 3%. It has been frustrating in the past and I wish that they had some sort of a sound that plays when an export is paused so that I could fix the problem before it has been sitting there for an hour. It can also take quite a long time for the program to boot up and read the export you have just sent.

I can do more with my time. Now I don't have to wait for each project to export to be able to continue working. Time = Money.

Media Encoder CC review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Must-have for video in Adobe CC, no DVD encoding support"

What do you like best?

The encoder is reliable and efficient. It's nice to have a single program to interface with several Adobe CC apps (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Prelude, etc.). Being able to queue up a bunch of items is awesome. You can let it run overnight or other times you're away from your computer.

What do you dislike?

The encoder has a multitude of presets (more than can fit on the screen when you open up the menu) but no support for DVD encoding. This limitation is probably less significant with each passing year as more and more laptops don't even have an optical drive. And creating DVDs and Blu-Rays is made more complicated by features like menus and captions, so perhaps it isn't fair to put this complaint here. But I when I have a client who needs a DVD (which still happens relatively often), the only option in Adobe CC is Encore CS6—a horrible program that Adobe hasn't maintained for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe just released Media Encoder CC 2017. I am currently using Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.3, although I have been using Media Encoder since 2013. From the release notes, it looks like the 2017 version is mostly performance and quality improvements.

For video clients, the Encoder is a natural step in the creative pathway. I do most of my video work in After Effects, so I'll render in-progress versions to upload to YouTube as unlisted videos (not searchable, but accessible to anyone with the link) for clients to check out. I also use the Encoder extensively when creating clips and subclips from longer videos in Adobe Prelude. This is an essential part of the workflow when dealing with longer clips and multiple source file formats.

Media Encoder CC review by Tara H.
Tara H.

"Encoder is a powerful, easy to use program"

What do you like best?

Encoder is extremely powerful when it comes to rendering videos and animations at great speeds. An animation that takes me over an hour to make will render out in just seconds! It's pretty neat stuff. The application itself has a clean, simple layout making it easy to locate your options. You have so many options for rendering.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- I haven't found much that I dislike. Sometimes if you're batch rendering it can definitely slow down the process- however, it would be nice if Encoder could render more than one file at a time. But other than that, I don't have any issues.

Encoder has allowed me to optimize the way my videos/animations look on different devices/screens/social media platforms. Encoder allows you to render out specifically for YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.

Media Encoder CC review by Juliano F.
Juliano F.

"One of the best Video Converter / Media Encoder available on the market"

What do you like best?

+ Extremely user friendly and efficient;

+ Recognizes multiple input formats and allows multiple output formats;

+ Many format presets available;

+ Very high quality;

+ Supports "CUDA" for really faster conversions (if you have a compatible graphics card, I recommend using this option, because it is worth);

+ Many options to improve video quality and conversion (recommended for beginners and professionals);

+ Great hardware compatibility;

+ Excellent integration with other Adobe apps;

+ You can test the full version for 30 days for free;

What do you dislike?

- It can be a little heavy if you don't have a decent graphics card or processor (but is really hard to fnd a super light media converter);

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recomend that you get a compatible graphics card from nVidia or AMD or any other compatible graphics card. Thus the media conversions will be done really quickly. You can also use your processor to do this service, but the efficiency decreases a little.

You can check graphics card compatibility list on Adobe's site.

And if you decide to use a compatible graphics card, don't forget to change the option on main screen on says "Renderer" to: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA).

it helps me a lot with my game trailers. A make a capture from my games running them a make aditional animations and export the trailers. And Media Encoder is really fast converting this videos for Youtube (it has really good presets for this and other platforms).

Media Encoder CC review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Excellent Go-To Video Compression!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with Media Encoder is outstanding. All videos I produce are originally exported as ProRes files. Since all of our videos are generally made for the web, I use Media Encoder to compress them to H264. I've been doing this same process for about 5 years now and it has been solid.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I have noticed about Media Encoder is that it tends to be a processor hog. If I am encoding any videos while editing video on another application it does tend to slow down the process of the encoding as well as the editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There have been many other applications I have used in the past in terms of encoders and video compressors. Media Encoder has been the one application that has always been the most solid and easy to use. Also, the variety of codecs it offers is great too.

Using Media Encoder and always using the same preset allows me to keep all the compressed video files consistent. I am confident that when I send out the video files from Media Encoder to a client, they will have no issues in playing the video.

Media Encoder CC review by John V.
John V.

"Media Encoder Is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Media encoder is that you can throw just about any file at it, and it will convert it to a plethora of different file formats, and it will do it very quickly and efficiently. It has a bunch of customizable options to get you the exact file you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder seems to maybe have some trouble in the surround sound audio field. It's confusing when assigning which audio channels to which output. Sometimes all together it will not detect multiple channels therefor will not allow you to export a multi audio channel file. It seems like this should be something that could be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Media Encoder is fantastic for encoding H264 MP4 files extremely quickly and efficiently. You can set in and out points as well if you're just needing to encode a section of your video. Great feature!

A huge benefit is Media Encoder will allow you to export to almost any kind of commercially used file format. This solves the problem of having multiple encoding applications and bouncing between two apps, if we can rely solely on Media Encoder, it simplifies our workflow and allows us to accomplish encoding tasks very quickly.

Media Encoder CC review by Tina R.
Tina R.

"Adobe Media Encoder is great for a variety of rendering formats"

What do you like best?

I like that you can export videos while still working in your project. this is a huge time saver. It also has just about every format that I need to render out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can make my other programs run just a bit slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it helps a lot with workflow. And sine you have to use it now in after effects and premiere you may as well learn how to utilize it.

Greatly improves time management and the ability to export formats that not all programs can do.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Need a quick fix? "

What do you like best?

Easy, quick convenience to rewrite and decode media files for use on multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some functionality and usuabilty. You certainly need to know what you are doing. Not easy for a beginner user or someone not familiar with Adobe applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let this tool work for You! It is a GREAT tool if you work It! It can be your workhorse for decoding file formats all day long!

It helps me be able to use, send and upload media in several formats and I can also make files smaller if needed as well for easier transfer. So many times I am asked for the same file but different file format or smaller size size and I need to do it quickly and on the fly.

Media Encoder CC review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Great encoding and transcoding powerhouse"

What do you like best?

Media encoder is the sleekest and most powerful option for encoding and transcoding video and audio in our workflow. The presets are updated on a timely basis, so I've never felt like the program was way behind the times on available presets. Integrates we'll with graphics rendering and makes my life easier.

What do you dislike?

Some other encoders have "more options" for file types, but most of the ones they don't have I've never needed.

Getting the right file for the right destination with the best quality.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and intuitive way to encode"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder is the perfect tool for all things export. I find that especially for social content, Media Encoder is awesome, as it's so easy to export strange or unusual aspect ratios, etc.

What do you dislike?

Going back and forth to the application, it seems that it recalibrates itself to a default export setting, when it would be nice if it would leave the latest setting you last used, since that is perhaps what you would logically be wanting to use again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for any large exports you might have multiple specs for. It's very easy to use and lets you get into a lot of detail, and allows you to preview what it will look like in a nice window.

For a lot of social content we use media encoder to preview what an export will look like and export out. We also use it for its "watch folder" option - if we are working on rip videos, it's so easy to set up a watch folder and have media encoder converting the videos in the background to the Avid codec in order for fast-import. It frees up your Avid much faster and allows for MUCH better "fast-imports."

Media Encoder CC review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Is one of the finest compression software ever"

What do you like best?

I think the fact you can get so many options and file convertion is one the best things for Media Encoder.

The flexibility of modify or adapt settings help my workflow to achieve the jobs. Every year Adobe improve constantly the sofwatre.

What do you dislike?

I think with the updates it seems that adobe remove file formats. Which to me is very anoying, when you work with web developers, who request so many file formats that you don't know or were part of the media encoder CS6 and now on Adobe Media Encoder 2015-2016 are not longer available, which force you to use other compression softwares. Iffmpg is a program that is able to make soe many files with great quality, I would like to Adobe follow them and figure how to make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please familiarize with compressions, codecs and file formats, in order to understand how this software works. Compressions seems to be a very eassy job to do, but most of web developers request certain files, codecs and fomats that are not so easy to understand.

The best thing that Adobe does great if file management. Media Encoder helps you to get as many files as you can, working with the inustry standards.

Media Encoder CC review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Simplifies encoding and exporting."

What do you like best?

Makes exporting media and encoding it very simple. It really seems like a basic product, but the background this program has to go through is incredible complex. Adobe has done a great job taking a complex process and simplifying it, as they do with most things.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to download drivers straight from Media Encoder. Also it is fairly important to have an above average computer. this is not so much a dislike as a warning. If you are going into a management team to pitch getting this, be sure they understand not just any computer in the office should run this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your going to get the adobe product sweet, and you are not needing incredibly advanced - movie quality export, then use media encoder.

I can actually export videos according to the format, and specs I need easily.

Media Encoder CC review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Excellent Media Conversion/Outputting Solution - Adobe Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

The ease at converting various video and audio formats to be usable on a number of different technologies and platforms.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative for this product. Very simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent Product...

I received many different types of video and audio files from customers (primarily website customers). They need these files to play correctly online and in various lecture/auditorium presentations. I have not found any file types that Media Encoder will not convert.

Media Encoder CC review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Sanity Saver"

What do you like best?

I love that I can continue to work with other videos exporting in the background.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I accidentally pause the export and don't realize it until quite a while after, so there is wasted time. Other than that I use it without incident.

I use in with Premiere most of the time--although I use it year-round, July-December is heavy editing and exporting for me (somewhere around 500 exports). There is no way I could finish my job and keep my sanity without Encoder!

Media Encoder CC review by Stephen Y.
Stephen Y.

"Great piece of software, just keep an eye on it"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to dump renders into the background so that it doesn't tie up the program that I am exporting from. Nothing is more frustrating that being locked out of Premiere or After Effects because you are rendering something. It's really nice to be able to export multiple things at once. It's also nice that items output at the same time. We are able to export 3 versions of our TV broadcast at once because of this. The preset functions are also really nice, especially the FTP and Vimeo options. It allows us to export and deliver content without much thought.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with Media Encoder is that occasionally and export will fail. It's frustrating to leave your machine for a few hours while something encodes, only to come back and see that it failed. It certainly doesn't happen often, but I am more cautious about checking up on my exports now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Adobe sweet is an excellent cost effective option. I highly recommend it.

This has greatly helped us with the encoding and delivery of our television broadcast as well as a plethora of other content used in house and online.

Media Encoder CC review by Thomas A F.
Thomas A F.

"A solid experience that makes my job easier."

What do you like best?

The settings are easy to modify for vendor specifications. it also accepts any variety of formats I throw in there to begin work with. And the fact that it's within the CC makes exporting very easy since I use After Effects and Premiere regularly.

What do you dislike?

While I personally hate WMV and a few other outdated codecs and exports, some of my clients are reliant on Windows technology due to the size and bureaucracy of their IT. As a result, I would like WMV and other odd formats to have options available too. If only to avoid awkward conversations or relying on online web converters that are unreliable at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a need to use multiple programs with the Adobe suite, especially video, Media Encoder integrates with Premiere easily to export multiple codecs and versions much faster than most export programs.

Exporting for various vendors with video, for example I have to export for Broadcast, online pre-roll, and social media. It allows me to export to all of those specs much quicker than any other program, especially with Premiere integration in importing sequences.

Media Encoder CC review by JD A.
JD A.

"Fast Exports, Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder CC is the fastest and most efficient way to export and convert media for different platforms. Media Encoder's inter connectivity with the rest of the Creative Suite makes it the best way to export media by allowing you to queue your order of exporting when dealing with different software packages. The amount of formats available and ability to add and import presets are great.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder CC is only hindered an inability to render files simultaneously and by a lack of Apple ProRes on PC, though this is an Apple issue, not an Adobe one. Truth be told, there is very little to dislike about Media Encoder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Media Encoder CC is a part of the Creative Cloud service. If you are already a subscriber to this service, or are considering what platforms you should use for your video or audio productions, Media Encoder CC provides a very good argument for why you should choose the Adobe workflow.

Media Encoder CC is a vital tool to our production house. We export and convert for various platforms on a daily basis, and Media Encoder CC's reliability makes it a worry-free and painless experience. Having the ability to automate exports in a queue has sped up our production cycle exponentially.

Media Encoder CC review by Aaron W.
Aaron W.

"Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

I love how simple batch exports are no this program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the loading time to open the program from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using media encoder CC at my workplace. Whenever an editor gives me footage that needs to get send out in different formats it is our go to program. We offline edit in premiere and the way Encoder and premiere interact is wonderful. It lets me queue multiple exports all with different settings and on top of that I'm allowed to close premiere and my exports will still render just the same. The only downside is that it's pretty much only good for that. But that's not attributed to the program's fault. for what it is encoder works perfectly. No to mention it allows you to pause exports, unlike premiere which makes you cancel.

I'm solving the usual problem of Premiere only allowing one render at a time.

Media Encoder CC review by Luke Z.
Luke Z.

"Lots of Options, Generally Stable Encoding"

What do you like best?

The variety of options that allow me to accurately access the needs of my video output and encode accordingly. It also allows me to continue working on edits while the render happens outside of the main editing program.

What do you dislike?

Occasional unstable encoding, but most errors come from the timeline in premeire (an unchecked frame rate, etc.)

Allowed me to queue multiple edits into the rendering bay and leave overnight instead of manually starting each render. It has been a time and resource saver. I also have been able to re-initiate renders with tweaked settings without having to reload the entire file into the encoder which is great.

Media Encoder CC review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Software, better than most other options available"

What do you like best?

Ease of use combined with all the malleability I need in an encoder. I use this software to encode and re-encode for our website, wiredrive, awards submissions and various other publications and social media. I the Presets are easy to use and customize.

The layout is logical and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's no 'auto crop' function like there is on Handbrake. As a general rule our company doesn't like seeing letterboxing on videos unless its for a specific reason. If there was an easy tool to switch on that function I'd love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it! The quality of the software is pretyy stunning. Its fast, its easy to use yet complex and detailed enough when I need it to be.

We've moved away from using mpeg streamclip and handbrake almost competely as Media Encoder has helped us establish a far more effective workflow from receiving a Master through to delivering it to the various output sources we use.

Media Encoder CC review by Navin R.
Navin R.

"My go-to encoding software"

What do you like best?

The newest version of Media Encoder CC (2017) has all the features I like in the previous versions plus updated codecs and layout. The DCP encoding works well, and the software takes advantage of my computer's multiple cores.

What do you dislike?

The software tends to wrongly assign the surround channels when encoding a 5.1 track for DCP. The workaround for me is to encode the audio using OpenDCP but this issue certainly needs to be addressed.

I encode various video files for web and broadcast delivery. Predominantly, we output MP4 (H264) and ProRes422HQ and ProRes4444 files.

Media Encoder CC review by David M.
David M.

"Effective and powerful tool. "

What do you like best?

I like the batch export functionality. You can export a bunch of files in completely different formats all at once.

What do you dislike?

Some times the the output settings that I choose are not really what I wanted, but I haven't really explored all the outputs carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should always consider using Media Encoder rather than just going with the defaults on your editing platform. There are many variables to worry about when it comes to compatibility and you can be sure that Adobe has ironed out those issues for you.

We have been able to solve compatibility issues by using settings that have been tested by Adobe rather than guessing and hoping that it works for the client.

Media Encoder CC review by Jeffrey H.
Jeffrey H.

"Great for batch video conversions"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder CC has a great number of export pre-sets. I use it primary to quickly convert a video file (exporting for online distribution) or for videos to be compatible to Microsoft Powerpoint for sales presentations. It also remembers that last used pre-set, which saves time. Very easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

I'm not able to add in a fade from black or fade to black, this still needs to be done in Adobe Premiere.

This is the best time-saving tool that integrates into Adobe Premiere - create a preset in Premiere, and it is match in Media Encoder.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Higher Education

"Great tool but questionable colour/gamma shift with h264!"

What do you like best?

The ability to export to any codec I have installed on my machine. This makes it really quick and easy to manage automatic proxy creation, multiple encodes to differing formats and the ability to create specific automation workflows.

What do you dislike?

I've really struggled with a slight colour/gamma shift when exporting to h264. It's a problem that is plaguing other Adobe software users but they don't seem to be acknowledging the issue. So for H264 masters I'm using to use Media Encoder to get my ProRes 422 Master and then using Handbrake (a less user friendly but power encoding tool) to get my perfect h264 encodes.

It's apparently something to do with a flag being/not being set which causes the shift. I recently shot and exported a black and white video which came out much lighter and with a slight green cast to it. Not good!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use handbrake to convert ProRes to h264 if you find that you get colour/gamma shifts with h264 exports. Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone.

Saving so much time with the Watch Folder function. I simply copy the master files to my watch folders and it automatically creates proxy files to edit/playback. Previously I'd have to manually set this up for each project, but now I can leave Media Encoder to do this in the background with a lower CPU priority which allows me to continue editing in the foreground. I'm able to start editing much faster!

Media Encoder CC review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great Program - Too Bad It Crashes All The Time"

What do you like best?

I love that this program allows you to render and export media in the background so that you can continue working in another Adobe program. This software has been a huge game changer for Adobe products because it saved editors, animators and compositors so much time with rendering. The fact that when you set an export/render from whichever you're program in, it saves the export settings is also a huge bonus. Not only that, you can also, like all the other adobe programs, save templates for your render/export settings so that when you're batch exporting media at one desired codec/frame rate, your export setting will automatically set the preferences for you.

What do you dislike?

Although this software is super helpful for workflow and time management, Adobe Media Encoder itself constantly crashes. It also doesn't have built within it as many export settings as After Effects so if you're trying to change transparency settings on an export you'll need to set that from AE before exporting, which is a huge drawback for animators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this program. Although it crashes often and doesn't let you set transparency settings like AE does, it still will save you hours by rendering your media in the background and letting you continue work from another Adobe program.

This program saves so much time with exporting in the background.

Media Encoder CC review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"media encoder, a great way to export and compress"

What do you like best?

The fact I can que from premiere and send to encoder and keep working in another project is definitely a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes files fail but you have no way of figuring out why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using CC there is no reason to not use encoder.

We are creating content that is shaping our area and impacting people and changing lives.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use from things like premiere to media encoder. It makes it easy for me to continue working in premiere and let Media Encoder do all the work of exporting.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to complain about - works great for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend really taking a look through all of the options available to you and I think you will find yourself using it more and more. I didn't think I really needed to use it for premiere, but I find my things crash less often and I can que multiple things up which makes it much easier.

I use it most for multitasking, and for ease of exporting certain file types.

Media Encoder CC review by Robert F.
Robert F.

"A good tool for the video professionals workflow"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder is the best way to export multiple video projects in multiple formats for the creative cloud software.

What do you dislike?

At times it has issues with handling premiere and after effects projects. It also has some issues with its initial startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is beneficial if you export multiple sequences at once or in multiple resolutions or codecs at once.

We export multiple resolution projects for different platforms (i.e. social media, venues, online platforms) while also being able to continue work in premiere and after effects, which keeps us from bottlenecking our workflow.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"media encoder"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use it with Adobe products seamlessly, like AfterEffects, Premier, or Photoshop. It is a powerful media management tool to work with media in a unified way across application.

What do you dislike?

I like the presets, but feel like at the beginning it was difficult to figure out the keys to use them as shortcuts. Once these presets are learned, I feel it is simple to use and navigate through the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this software to do any encoding. It is an easy transition and allows you to combine media on one platform so it is simple to see across the board. I think the simple transitions are great and once you realize all of the shortcuts, it becomes a breeze to use.

We use this to combine our products and create a show for air. It makes it easy to use and combine all the media on one platform while it is encoded.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A Convenient Way to Convert Different Formats"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy about Media Encoder is the fact that it's a simple way of converting video formats to suit everyone's needs. The list of possible codecs and formats is always growing, and it's very useful for keeping up with the times in regards to video and post-production.

What do you dislike?

The program can operate pretty slow from time to time, making it tough to render out time-sensitive projects in a suitable fashion.

We use Media Encoder to convert video exports to be optimal for online use and broadcast.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Computer Software

"Great when it works"

What do you like best?

Better than the built in exporting tool in Premiere if only because you can continue working while it exports or even close the project or premiere.

What do you dislike?

Stability is awful. Every update brings new problems and every time I export I cross my fingers hoping it won't crash. This is with a top of the line Mac Pro desktop as well.

I can export many projects from premiere and after effects at the same time while working on other projects in the background.

Media Encoder CC review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Media Encoder for Multi-Platform Use"

What do you like best?

Versatility. Output to multiple mediums.

What do you dislike?

At times there is trial and error required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be Patience

Working with multiple formats it's essential to have a tool that can convert the same media across all platforms. Encoder does this easily and quickly from the Adobe programs I am already using to create.

Media Encoder CC review by Josh A.
Josh A.

"User Friendly and Comprehensive"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe Media Encoder CC comes with many optimized presets for common outputs, is user friendly, yet provides comprehensive options for custom encoding. Also like that there are watch folders and automation options.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could encode using Quicktime Reference files. Also wish the GIF codec was available on Mac using Encoder.

We use Encoder for delivering our reviews, master deliverables and transcoding files from ProRes to custom deliverables.

Media Encoder CC review by Zachary M.
Zachary M.

"A very understated encoder!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to export videos in whatever format you'd like. There are endless controls, Adobe Media Encode really let's the user take full control of the video quality.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I honestly don't have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each setting has a reason and can greatly affect your output quality.

I get to export my videos specific to the customer and the way they want to use it.

Media Encoder CC review by G2 Crowd User in Media Production
G2 Crowd User in Media Production

"Does the Job"

What do you like best?

I like to use Media Encoder for exporting. You are able to export video and still edit which is really nice. You can also export multiple videos in a queue so that you don't have to keep waiting and watching to export the next video.

What do you dislike?

One of the annoying things about Media Encoder is that it when editing in Premier it will pause and will not continue to export unless you manually hit play again. I'm not exactly sure why this happens but it is pretty annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exporting multiple videos at ones and still have the ability to edit.

Exporting multiple videos overnight keeps things moving and we've produced videos faster.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"exactly what I need"

What do you like best?

This works perfectly for what I need it to do. Using the media encoder is incredibly easy and seamless. It integrates so well with all of the other Adobe apps, which allows me to easily use the media encoder whenever I'm done editing videos with Premiere.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app had a very simple way to make videos look as sharp as possible. After encoding content, I know it's normal to have a small loss in quality, but sometimes my videos are just not sharp enough after using Adobe Media encoder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this before publishing content to YouTube or other social platforms to make your video size smaller.

I publish about 25 videos to YouTube per week. I need Adobe media encoder to make my uploads faster and more effective.

Media Encoder CC review by Joe M.
Joe M.

"Ease of use and great automation"

What do you like best?

The ability to render right out of Premiere or After Effects and still work on other sequences

The watch folders

The ability to render several different profiles at once

Takes a lot of guesswork out of compressing for different platforms

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to learn - seek training

Crashes sometimes, save often

Not the most intuitive interface, could be simpler

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek training

Best if used in conjunction with Premiere Pro

Save often!

Have a computer with high memory

Encoder is quick and is integrated with other Adobe products, so it's a no brainer

Media Encoder CC review by Vincent G.
Vincent G.

"Essential for any and all compressions"

What do you like best?

Interface is great. Its tied into every adobe app and works seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Syncing often does not work properly. Sometimes when you make a new custom preset it has a cloud icon on it for no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the presets like the vimeo or youtube presets, and adjust from there.

I use this to compress every video for web and for client postings.

Media Encoder CC review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"I've used this product a bunch for encoding video."

What do you like best?

It does an excellent job of using many different codecs, which is very important in video editing. You need to be able to have a lot of different export options.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything in particular that I don't like. This software works incredibly well, and has helped me in many different video editing and encoding situations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who has prior experience with Adobe products will love Media Encoder. It works incredibly well and is incredibly simple to use.

I am constantly trying to find better codecs that make more size-efficient videos while not losing any quality, and Media Encoder has really helped me with this problem.

Media Encoder CC review by Almu M.
Almu M.

"A way to make your workflow more easy, quick and simple."

What do you like best?

The easy way to use and interact with the program.

What do you dislike?

Maybe could be more easy if this tool was integrated in premiere and after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you had to work in a project with other people and computers, this is a cool way to share and change archives better.

A quicker way to transform the workflow in a clean and organized space.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Works well for me with Premiere CC"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder is useful for me when I am exporting a project from Adobe Premiere CC. Instead of exporting directly in Premiere, I can choose media encoder and export outside of Premiere, which means I can continue to work and have my export go on in the background. This saves me a lot of time.

I also like the built in presets for quickly exporting for various settings like Vimeo 1080 or Quicktime etc. Fast and easy to get a sense of how large the file will be.

What do you dislike?

I used to have problems with Encoder crashing in the past. Everything seems to work perfectly now with CC tho.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the bitrate slider. Helps when trying to get a file to a certain size.

Encoder CC is solving a major bottleneck for me by allowing me to continue editing in premiere while exporting my project in the background. I find that it is part of my everyday routine and would find it difficult to go without it.

Media Encoder CC review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Media Encoder CC Review"

What do you like best?

I think, hands down, the best function of Media EncoderCC, is the ability to skip the render queue in After Effects entirely. Being able to continue working while you render certain comps is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I wish more codecs were installed natively and that I didn't have to switch to pc to render certain ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good. Use it.

Batch rendering and increased workflow optimization.

Media Encoder CC review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"An Encoder for All ..."

What do you like best?

The multiple codecs included as presets. Includes Google's .WebM codec!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike at all. In fact, I wish Adobe would integrate this into both Premiere AND After Effects.

Encoding video for distribution inside company firewall.

Media Encoder CC review by Brandi S.
Brandi S.

"my review on encoder"

What do you like best?

I love how fast the encoder compresses. The final video quality is amazing and allows me to be able to present any video because I know it will be great quality. I also love how easy it is to be able to export with ease.

What do you dislike?

The program to me has everything you need, it's really hard to find anything to dislike about it. T

I am able to put together trailers for my business. The reliability makes it my go to software.

Media Encoder CC review by Jim E.
Jim E.

"Media encoder"

What do you like best?

It has any setting or format needed for any project. Works efficiently in the background.

What do you dislike?

Not graphically intuitive. It takes experience to know where to look for what is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find training resources to help with lots of questions.

Preparing video files for a big variety of production needs. It creates multiple formats simultaneously.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Design
User in Design

"Media Encoder CC- a good utility for editors and animators working with Adobe Creative Cloud"

What do you like best?

One of the best features is that you can export video from Media Encoder while continuing to work in whatever editing environment you are working (i.e., Premiere Pro, or After Effects). It's also helpful that you can create custom presets if you find that you are using the same settings over and over again.

What do you dislike?

It tends to take a little while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already a creative cloud user, it's a no brainer

Media Encoder expedites the video export and encoding process and offers an efficient means of providing video content for various endeavors.

Media Encoder CC review by G2 Crowd User in Media Production
G2 Crowd User in Media Production

"Powerful and great for pitch videos"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using the watch folders when we're working on pitch videos

What do you dislike?

I dislike that FLV is no longer a format that the software will encode

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add it! Lots of different formats supported.

Needing to transcode a lot of work quickly. The speed with which we're able to transcode a lot of work is a huge benefit when working on pitch videos.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great transcoding program with tons of codecs"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to use Premiere Pro and After Effects to queue renders directly from the apps instead of having to do individual renders.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the load up time and the automatic queue start, on by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It comes with Premiere Pro so you will get the chance to use it. Implement it into your workflow.

Transcoding media and rendering multiple files out.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Daily resource for encoding"

What do you like best?

Great amount of customization and options

What do you dislike?

Some features aren't easy to spot. Like encoding multichannel audio

I use Media Encoder daily to transcode video for ingest and delivery codecs

Media Encoder CC review by Noah N.
Noah N.

"Makes Exporting easier"

What do you like best?

I can continue using premiere pro without stopping to export.

What do you dislike?

The application takes too long to boot up

Multi-tasking the export process.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great for mass rendering"

What do you like best?

Great if you want to render many things one by one. I like the possibility of making presets.

What do you dislike?

I wish i could be able to chose the saving place easier. Would like to be able to compress more

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic, easy to use software. Possibility of making presets.

short animations that I often convert to email gifs

Media Encoder CC review by G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications
G2 Crowd User in Telecommunications

"Adobe media encoder review "

What do you like best?

Optimizes my time in an efficient manner which I love!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Ok maybe it was a bit of a secret discovering about it though premiere

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and use it often.

Able to export multiple videos and continue to edit!

Media Encoder CC review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Very useful."

What do you like best?

It renders way better than After Effects as it has more presets.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like the dynamic link feature, it does tend to lag sometimes,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It renders better than After Effects!

As a Motion Graphic Designer, it is a must to have this software!

Media Encoder CC review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Not really necessary for minor video work"

What do you like best?

I do appreciate it when I need something super compressed for web viewing

What do you dislike?

I can generally achieve the results I need directly through After Effects with no need to go through Encoder

Posting videos on our own servers can present a bandwidth issue. This helps with that.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent Encoder for After Effects & Premiere"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder offers a lot of different encoding options alongside gpu acceleration to speed up encoding time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes with an unknown error, or produces glitches in videos not seen during render preview.

Media encoder is used to create the final video product that we then use on our channels, YouTube etc.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Internet

"Efficient rendering"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder seamlessly integrates into my editing and graphics workflow. It renders efficiently, and the estimates for pending time are almost always accurate. It's easy to add presets.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions, Encoder will crash. I also am not a huge fan of the way it keeps a history of lol my renders, having me manually delete them.

I use encoder in my office to synchronize the export settings across projects. It's easy to make things uniform using this software.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Encode that media!"

What do you like best?

I love the speed! Everything encodes so much faster!

What do you dislike?

I wish the connection between it and Premiere was smarter. I.e., having to create import/export presets just to have it show up in premiere.

Much, much faster production rates due to saved time.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Swift and easy"

What do you like best?

The fact that I ca encode all types of media makes this product very useful.

What do you dislike?

The encoding time is a little too long, but that's no different from other encoding software.

We had a backlog of media we had to encode, and the dual functionality of Media Encoder CC helped us streamline everything and save time.

Media Encoder CC review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Media Encoder Review"

What do you like best?

Allows for export and encoding of videos from premiere, which frees up your computer to multitask as well as ensure a proper encoding of your videos.

What do you dislike?

I wish encoder would save your queue after closing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Pro CC

It solved many issues I was having uploading and encoding videos with proper formatting.

Media Encoder CC review by User

"Great product for batch exporting from Premiere and compressing files"

What do you like best?

Good quality presets, export options and encoders.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I think that needs to be changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make and wmv option

Great for batch exporting files from premiere

Learning about Media Encoder CC?

* We monitor all Media Encoder CC reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Media Encoder CC to Similar Solutions