Media Ocean

3.2

Mediaocean is a marketing software platform provider that allows users to automate every aspect of the advertising workflow, from planning, buying and selling, to analyzing and optimizing, to invoicing and payments.

Work for Media Ocean?

Learning about Media Ocean?

Media Ocean Reviews

Showing 19 Media Ocean reviews
Media Ocean review by Marie S.
Marie S.

"Mediaocean is my primary software for scheduling media. The programs have improved greatly. "

What do you like best?

spot desktop is the most updated buying system in the industry. Its ease of use trumps other buying programs. We are able to have multiple buys open at once and connect with national reps directly when managing Makegoods for our schedules.

What do you dislike?

-At this point the system should be better connected with the selling side. Just as sellers are able to distribute MGs through spot desktop, there should be a way for rates and revised rates to be submitted directly through the system.

-OX is slow and filled with glitches. Some reports take over an hour to pull.

-IT support: could be better. Hard to get through via phone.

Earlier this year I used a OX which is also a mediaocean program. This outdated program has made me appreciate working with spot desktop for all buying capabilities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Media Ocean
Media Ocean review by User

"Media Ocean "

What do you like best?

I do not like Media Ocean. I do like the join, and split feature. It makes maintenance of units easier. I like the idea and purpose of Media Ocean, but I do not think it works well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about Media Ocean. There is too much dissonance between systems - for example our accounting team does not see the same things that the investment team sees which makes clearing invoices very difficult. I also do not like that ratings do not follow make good units.

We are using Media Ocean for all of our national buys. I think the first benefit is that they are all in one place, and technically the invoice clearing is in the same system - but every invoice has to be manually entered so there are a lot of errors.

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The Most Annoying Insertion Order App"

What do you like best?

Media Ocean gets the work done, that's what I like best. It honestly isnt designed very well but it does what its suppose to do. Managers can easily approve IOs and clients get their invoices.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The copy and pasting doesn't work as effectively when it comes to duplicating lines. There are "tricks" I need to teach my associates to use when it comes to Media Ocean because the system will not do what it is logically suppose to do. It honestly takes up half your day entering a buy and it is something everybody dreads at the office. They need to improve their interface because at this point it is tedious work that we are paying smart associates for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can avoid Media Ocean, I would. The people who you are training for this app learns absolutely nothing that they can carry over to their next job. It has a horrible interface that makes you want to rip your hair out. If you don't save on accident, all of your 5 hours of work is gone. The copy and pasting sucks when you are trying to duplicate. There isnt enough room to type out things and you constantly have to "create" your own sub sections which takes even more time. Go with Prisma

We are in the process of transitioning to Prisma, but as of right now we are still using Media Ocean for contracts, IOs, and invoices. The only good thing I will say is that everything is listed out clearly for both parties to read.

Media Ocean review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Inviting Interface and Good Support"

What do you like best?

I use Prisma for buyers and love that it displays all my campaigns in an easy-to-understand layout. I can rely on the data in Prisma to be the main source of truth for billing, budgeting and general campaign specs.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when a campaign needs to be "agency accepted" i have to begin from the "buy" tab instead of the page loading to the "order" tab where the I am able to click the "accept" button.

I am using Prisma Media Ocean to help keep my clients campaigns in order and be able to efficiently communicate with the partners from which I am buying the media for these campaigns.

Media Ocean review by User

"Media Ocean for Media Buying"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the tool integrates with several other applications - like our invoice system and also a system for adding programming.

What do you dislike?

The tool has several errors, constantly freezes, and each system has a different interface so that different teams are looking at the same information and seeing something different. I dislike that impressions don't travel when you're adding in units.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend using media ocean.

Our previous system was discontinued so we needed a solution.

"Media Ocean Review"

What do you like best?

I'm able to quickly check bookings to clients

What do you dislike?

Finance system is not always integrated with media system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to trial the software first (if this is possible). Also make sure you do a detailed evaluation of what your short and long term requirements are as a competitor may be a better option.

Able to track a large number of media campaigns in one place. The automation saves a lot of precious time.

"Negotiator"

What do you like best?

I like that the system isnt too complicated to learn. Buy Entry, Media Reporter and Net Research Reporter are the more useful functions

What do you dislike?

I dislike how outdated the system is. The look and appearance as well as some of the functionality needs to be updated. One of the main functions is actualizing/seeeding impressions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test out other systems first - some others seem more intuitive and more updated as compared to Mbox

We store and manage large customer buys in the system. Benefits are that we can pull the system at any time for reporting purposes and it allows us to manage our inventory all in one place

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"How many days can it go without crashing. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Media Ocean is that it can easily split :30’s to :15’s and does all the math for me. EDI is sometimes very efficient.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read, can’t change daypart after package is made, EDI takes forever to come through, the whole system can crash and be unusable multiple times a day, when you clear $0 invoices they keep reappearing and you have to keep adding them multiple times even if you have to run an I2. What is an I2? What is it’s purpose?

Receiving large national buys much faster than entering them by hand.

Media Ocean review by Shayna L.
Shayna L.

"Media necessity"

What do you like best?

The customer support is really great so whenever a question arises, help is easily accessible

What do you dislike?

The interface can be slow and glitchy; you must double check campaigns to verify everything saved correctly

We manage all digital campaigns through Media Ocean; benefits include a streamlined process that is consistent across accounts

Media Ocean review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Good userinterface"

What do you like best?

It is organized, and has a friendly user interface

What do you dislike?

When looking at campaigns on the big tab, it’s difficult to sort by partner. You have to search for your partner, but can be frustrating when your partner might be someone like TEN, but other placements have ten in the details so they show up in the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to understand and to train others to use the platform

Being able to efficiently send insertion orders and have your campaign and billing be in one area. It’s like a one stop shop.

Media Ocean review by Erica K.
Erica K.

"Media Ocean"

What do you like best?

I liked best the formatting and ease., and it seemed like something I'd be using in the future.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the amount it took for this system to operate.

We solved issues such as emails bouncing back and some not receiving emails at all.

Media Ocean review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"MediaOcean - A Necessary Evil"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to figure out how to navigate around

What do you dislike?

Where to begin... It's slow, ugly, not user-friendly, requires multiple programs instead of one combined...

Stewarding media buys, keeping all clients in one place, dealing with invoices

Media Ocean review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"MediaOcean Software Review"

What do you like best?

The operation is easy to use. Its well organized and built. Capable of handling a lot of data

What do you dislike?

It sometimes stops working and sends you and error message. Where you need to call for IT expert assistance

Media Ocean has the great capacity of being able to handle a lot if information. I am using to resolve buys discrepancies. Its great to add information without any problems.

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"My review of media ocean"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see each line in a media buy and that I can copy lines to create new lines.

What do you dislike?

The software overall is not as funtional as othe rbuying softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research.

Media ocean offers the benefit of easily being able to change errors made by data entry and DARE catches errors on makegoods that other softwares don’t catch.

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Media Ocean experience "

What do you like best?

The column filters and new updates such as being able to add more specifics when pulling up a buy in Buy Maintance

What do you dislike?

The little glitches that happen often such as trying to buy in extra bonus spots overnight. It can also be really slow sometimes.

The benefits are the efficiency it allows with the stewardship of buys

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Key program used to execute media campaigns"

What do you like best?

No matter what your background is in advertising, mediaocean is a platform everyone is familiar with

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of steps needed in order to complete tasks within the platform, and due to this there is a lot of room for error

We're able to successfully connect different internal programs through mediaocean to ensure they're all speaking to each other.

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Media Ocean is AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

media ocean allows my staff to be synced together in their projects

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a bit confusing in the beginning

We are solving a waste of time in our office and lack of communication.

Media Ocean review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

I like this product. Pretty good software to remain organize and drive even more quality buskness.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a little tough to navigate. Often find myself getting lost.

Great for organization.

Media Ocean review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great and easy to use for intro media professionals"

What do you like best?

Interface that is very easy to use and to teach to rookies.

What do you dislike?

Customization ability could be better especially in pricing models

Media buying and planning

Learning about Media Ocean?

* We monitor all Media Ocean reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.