Media Ocean

Mediaocean is a marketing software platform provider that allows users to automate every aspect of the advertising workflow, from planning, buying and selling, to analyzing and optimizing, to invoicing and payments.

Work for Media Ocean?

Learning about Media Ocean?

Media Ocean Reviews

Showing 18 Media Ocean reviews
Media Ocean review by <span>Marie S.</span>
Marie S.

"Mediaocean is my primary software for scheduling media. The programs have improved greatly. "

What do you like best?

spot desktop is the most updated buying system in the industry. Its ease of use trumps other buying programs. We are able to have multiple buys open at once and connect with national reps directly when managing Makegoods for our schedules.

What do you dislike?

-At this point the system should be better connected with the selling side. Just as sellers are able to distribute MGs through spot desktop, there should be a way for rates and revised rates to be submitted directly through the system.

-OX is slow and filled with glitches. Some reports take over an hour to pull.

-IT support: could be better. Hard to get through via phone.

Earlier this year I used a OX which is also a mediaocean program. This outdated program has made me appreciate working with spot desktop for all buying capabilities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Media Ocean
Media Ocean review by User

"Media Ocean "

What do you like best?

I do not like Media Ocean. I do like the join, and split feature. It makes maintenance of units easier. I like the idea and purpose of Media Ocean, but I do not think it works well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about Media Ocean. There is too much dissonance between systems - for example our accounting team does not see the same things that the investment team sees which makes clearing invoices very difficult. I also do not like that ratings do not follow make good units.

We are using Media Ocean for all of our national buys. I think the first benefit is that they are all in one place, and technically the invoice clearing is in the same system - but every invoice has to be manually entered so there are a lot of errors.

What Other Marketing solution do you use?

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The Most Annoying Insertion Order App"

What do you like best?

Media Ocean gets the work done, that's what I like best. It honestly isnt designed very well but it does what its suppose to do. Managers can easily approve IOs and clients get their invoices.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The copy and pasting doesn't work as effectively when it comes to duplicating lines. There are "tricks" I need to teach my associates to use when it comes to Media Ocean because the system will not do what it is logically suppose to do. It honestly takes up half your day entering a buy and it is something everybody dreads at the office. They need to improve their interface because at this point it is tedious work that we are paying smart associates for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can avoid Media Ocean, I would. The people who you are training for this app learns absolutely nothing that they can carry over to their next job. It has a horrible interface that makes you want to rip your hair out. If you don't save on accident, all of your 5 hours of work is gone. The copy and pasting sucks when you are trying to duplicate. There isnt enough room to type out things and you constantly have to "create" your own sub sections which takes even more time. Go with Prisma

We are in the process of transitioning to Prisma, but as of right now we are still using Media Ocean for contracts, IOs, and invoices. The only good thing I will say is that everything is listed out clearly for both parties to read.

Media Ocean review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

"Inviting Interface and Good Support"

What do you like best?

I use Prisma for buyers and love that it displays all my campaigns in an easy-to-understand layout. I can rely on the data in Prisma to be the main source of truth for billing, budgeting and general campaign specs.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when a campaign needs to be "agency accepted" i have to begin from the "buy" tab instead of the page loading to the "order" tab where the I am able to click the "accept" button.

I am using Prisma Media Ocean to help keep my clients campaigns in order and be able to efficiently communicate with the partners from which I am buying the media for these campaigns.

Media Ocean review by User

"Media Ocean for Media Buying"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the tool integrates with several other applications - like our invoice system and also a system for adding programming.

What do you dislike?

The tool has several errors, constantly freezes, and each system has a different interface so that different teams are looking at the same information and seeing something different. I dislike that impressions don't travel when you're adding in units.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend using media ocean.

Our previous system was discontinued so we needed a solution.

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Media Ocean Review"

What do you like best?

I'm able to quickly check bookings to clients

What do you dislike?

Finance system is not always integrated with media system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to trial the software first (if this is possible). Also make sure you do a detailed evaluation of what your short and long term requirements are as a competitor may be a better option.

Able to track a large number of media campaigns in one place. The automation saves a lot of precious time.

Learning about Media Ocean?

* We monitor all Media Ocean reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.