Media Ocean

Mediaocean is a marketing software platform provider that allows users to automate every aspect of the advertising workflow, from planning, buying and selling, to analyzing and optimizing, to invoicing and payments.

Work for Media Ocean?
Activecampaign  ma  2x.png

Learning about Media Ocean?

Media Ocean Reviews

Showing 10 Media Ocean reviews
Media Ocean review by <span>Marie S.</span>
Marie S.
What do you like best?

spot desktop is the most updated buying system in the industry. Its ease of use trumps other buying programs. We are able to have multiple buys open at once and connect with national reps directly when managing Makegoods for our schedules.

What do you dislike?

-At this point the system should be better connected with the selling side. Just as sellers are able to distribute MGs through spot desktop, there should be a way for rates and revised rates to be submitted directly through the system.

-OX is slow and filled with glitches. Some reports take over an hour to pull.

-IT support: could be better. Hard to get through via phone.

Earlier this year I used a OX which is also a mediaocean program. This outdated program has made me appreciate working with spot desktop for all buying capabilities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Media Ocean
Media Ocean review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

Inviting Interface and Good Support

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use Prisma for buyers and love that it displays all my campaigns in an easy-to-understand layout. I can rely on the data in Prisma to be the main source of truth for billing, budgeting and general campaign specs.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when a campaign needs to be "agency accepted" i have to begin from the "buy" tab instead of the page loading to the "order" tab where the I am able to click the "accept" button.

I am using Prisma Media Ocean to help keep my clients campaigns in order and be able to efficiently communicate with the partners from which I am buying the media for these campaigns.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Media Ocean Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I'm able to quickly check bookings to clients

What do you dislike?

Finance system is not always integrated with media system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to trial the software first (if this is possible). Also make sure you do a detailed evaluation of what your short and long term requirements are as a competitor may be a better option.

Able to track a large number of media campaigns in one place. The automation saves a lot of precious time.

Media Ocean review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Good userinterface

What do you like best?

It is organized, and has a friendly user interface

What do you dislike?

When looking at campaigns on the big tab, it’s difficult to sort by partner. You have to search for your partner, but can be frustrating when your partner might be someone like TEN, but other placements have ten in the details so they show up in the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to understand and to train others to use the platform

Being able to efficiently send insertion orders and have your campaign and billing be in one area. It’s like a one stop shop.

Media Ocean review by <span>Erica K.</span>
Erica K.

Media Ocean

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I liked best the formatting and ease., and it seemed like something I'd be using in the future.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the amount it took for this system to operate.

We solved issues such as emails bouncing back and some not receiving emails at all.

Media Ocean review by User in Marketing and Advertising

My review of media ocean

What do you like best?

I like that I can see each line in a media buy and that I can copy lines to create new lines.

What do you dislike?

The software overall is not as funtional as othe rbuying softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research.

Media ocean offers the benefit of easily being able to change errors made by data entry and DARE catches errors on makegoods that other softwares don’t catch.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Media Ocean?

* We monitor all Media Ocean reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.