MediaRadar

MediaRadar is a cloud-based tool that takes the guesswork out of the process of sales by using analysis to create personalized insights and advice.

Work for MediaRadar?

Learning about MediaRadar?

MediaRadar Reviews

Ask MediaRadar a Question
Showing 66 MediaRadar reviews
MediaRadar review by Cassidy E.
Cassidy E.

"Great Way to keep an eye on Competitors"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create mock-ups for clients and prospective clients, see what types of things they're doing with competitors, and find the most up to date contact information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to not only insert our ads into website templates, but also into email blast/enewsletter templates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good option for companies that hvae a lot of competitors to track!

We are able to see which months different companies spend the most money, so then our sales team knows to reach out to those people during those months. We can also see what types of campaigns companies are running so that we can offer similar servies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MediaRadar
User in Media Production

"Used to be great for print advertising, the more magazines that halt print, the less utility it has"

What do you like best?

The ability to search for specific creative when on a close for ending a project is definitely the greatest utility for Media Radar. The ability to search for virtually any brand or publication that's ever been in existence is a massive asset. We work in healthcare with both a professional and consumer focus so it's great to be able to go back and see how often an advertiser has run in the same publication, which competitor's publications they're running in.

What do you dislike?

We did away with the contacts segment, most of the time the contacts were incorrect, some simple due diligence of searching through LinkedIn or searching recent press releases was much more accurate. It had some utility in listing agency contacts, but for my role, we rarely used that feature. I also have a problem with the frequency that magazines are uploaded or updated in the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great supplement, but research is still required.

We work in print media, it's very useful when searching brands that might be a fit for our publications, see what creative they're running, and see what competitor's magazines they're running in. We also use the search functions to separate advertisers by category or specific sectors. It's also great to make competitive sets and we don't have to run out and search through grocery stores or convenience stores to search for magazines, it's great to be able to search right from out desktops.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

MediaRadar review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"go-to source for industry insights, from account-specific detail to in-depth market reports"

What do you like best?

The versatility and capabilities of MediaRadar has surpassed our expectations. Typically, people think of it as a great reference tool for sales reps, but it offers so much more beyond the already generous amount of account information. In just the past week, I've used MediaRadar to: (1) look up client contacts on a number of accounts (2) get clarity on parent-subsidiary structure for a number of companies/accounts (3) find full lists of advertisers who haven't run with us, print and/or digital, but are active within our competitive set (4) analyze that list of prospects geographically and by category to inform an internal case for reorganizing account lists

What do you dislike?

I've really taken advantage of MediaRadar's reporting capabilities, which are really more of an added perk given how MediaRadar is generally used/marketed, but my only challenge has been that you cannot analyze by advertiser or account category, but only product category. This means that you have a B2B tech company that could fall into a number of different 'categories' because it's based entirely on that one account's product(s) and relative campaigns, partnerships, etc.

Only other issue has been that some programmatic business shows up as direct advertising, which we have only realized in comparing MediaRadar results against our own internal information. This isn't common nor does it really affect the result of a more macro analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To fully understand the value, familiarize yourself with the full scope of MediaRadar's offerings

As I mentioned, I've realized and personally leveraged the reporting tools a great deal. It makes it so simple to keep a pulse on business, whether it be within your competitive set or that of a certain advertiser/account list. It's also then allowed us to analyze in a variety of ways (i.e. by territory, account list, product category, custom competitive set, ad type, timeframe, et.c), which has uncovered a number of trends that we may have otherwise not identified. These takeaways develop ever day, month, year, etc., and being able to so thoroughly track/assess them has been a huge asset in informing our business strategy.

MediaRadar review by Linda D.
Linda D.

"Fine Gardening"

What do you like best?

Media Radar has always been very responsive to ideas we offer to help make the tools easier to use as well as initiating a host of ideas themselves to make prospecting and monitoring competitors successful. We have worked with them since the opening of the company and continue to find value. The reps are always excellent in providing feedback and assisting with reporting.

What do you dislike?

I would love for a specific category for only gardening related businesses. It would greatly help the view of market share if we could look at only endemic comparisons.

Also, I feel all the contact information should be visible to the user. It should be part of the standard package. To pay extra for it with more niche titles doesn't pay off as many of those names are not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this company. They are exceptional and are constantly developing new tools for their clients.

I primarily use it for prospecting for leads and market share. It gives you a nice synopsis of ways to try to sell to the client. The reporting is also very helpful.

MediaRadar review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"MediaRadar is a very helpful sales tool."

What do you like best?

I like using MediaRadar to prospect with and find new clients to reach out to. It is great to see what my existing clients are running with my competitor publications (via print and web) also. I use the "market share" and "prospecting" features under the reports section as frequently as I can. I find it very helpful that MediaRadar is able to have my territory uploaded into the system so I am only seeing leads that I would be able to follow up with. It is always helpful if there is a contact listed there also.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there isn't anything that comes to mind that I dislike about MediaRadar. I just wish I had more time to use it and dig around the platform. There typically isn't that many clients that I don't already know about since the Accounting industry isn't terribly big.

The features and tools that MediaRadar has to offer really help me me find new clients to reach out to within my territory. I really like the fact that I can see the creatives and banner ads that my client is running and review the messaging they are using in their campaigns so i can best recommend what may be good for them to try.

MediaRadar review by Paula M.
Paula M.

"Great resource for media companies"

What do you like best?

I love how attentive the staff at media radar are - they send us emails a few times a week with tips on how to utilize media radar better and if we have any questions about the software, they are super fast at replying. I also really like that they incorporate our staff into the software to track market share - makes our lives easier.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the initial use of the software... being someone who doesn't like change, it was hard getting used to going to this software to get competitive reports, etc. and learning the steps to do all of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give initially better training to all new users - maybe sent up a training with each new user. I was able to get good training from the staff of MediaRadar when I reach out to them, but it would have been nice if they did a better job reaching out to me initially to make sure I knew what I was doing with the software.

saved us lots of time with pulling market share information.

also has brought in business by showing us where clients are advertising.

gives us great competitive reports.

MediaRadar review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Simply the BEST"

What do you like best?

This tool has been a game changer when creating compelling marketing proposals. The tools for competitive research, edit credits, general knowledge on other brands and media properties.... it's all so helpful!

What do you dislike?

I wish the price was a bit cheaper! hah! My current company doesn't subscribe to all benefits like previous employers have done.

Competitive analysis. I've realized that MediaRadar can actually do even more than I need at times! This resource is a wealth of material across all categories, across a wide range of media properties, and even helps creates mocks for digital opportunities. It saves times and help build better proposals.

MediaRadar review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Everything is now at our team's fingertips "

What do you like best?

The product is user-friendly enough that everyone on our sales team can gather their own intelligence data on a daily basis. I'll still run some monthly market share/prospecting reports but the team is responsible for researching each of their accounts on their own.

What do you dislike?

I still love to just download raw data and build my own reports through Excel. It's not so easy to do that with MediaRadar but giving the team the ability to research their own accounts freed up a lot of my time when we switched years ago.

We use it mainly for prospecting and market share analysis. The tools is so easy to use that the sales reps don't usually need much direction, which is nice.

MediaRadar review by Kristi R.
Kristi R.

"Key Tool to Success in the Media Industry"

What do you like best?

In it's early years, I hired Media Radar when I was the Ad Director of Sierra Media and have used it ever since. I have used various vendors for leading publishers for research and data to support my marketing/sales staff - Media Radar offers a combination of many of their offerings and continues to change with the marketplace and our needs. Media Radar and their support team continue to surpass my expectations YOY. I have used it from a management perspective for tracking my "business drivers" and for my own sales strategy. If you or your staff are not using it, you are missing many opportunities to build and grow your business.

What do you dislike?

Under Prospecting Tab and than Territory/Catagory Tab - if you want to just look up one state and you delete all other states for the look up....after you get the listing and click on one contact and click back it is gone. You have to go back to click off states again for the one state were targeting. Otherwise that is it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to compete in the marketplace today this should be your number one budget item for your marketing and sales efforts.

Helps me stay focused on my long term and short term goals for myself, my clients, sales and marketing staff. Bottom line is hyper-targeting your direct targets that match your media platform and cultivating a relationship based on the data, end result = partnership and long term relationship, more revenue.

MediaRadar review by Rod H.
Rod H.

"MediaRadar is awesome."

What do you like best?

We do a lot of business in the print category. I love the "easy access" that MediaRadar gives to the print buys of clients and potential clients - leads. It helps us immeasurably to speak to the clients with knowledge of their media spend. I also like that it's so easy to find similar companies, and sometimes get leads from there. It's also super helpful that you show the actual creative.

What do you dislike?

I wish it offered the ability to also get company information and email addresses and phone numbers for the "same low price". One-stop shopping at the right price. that would allow me to drop "another" subscription which I still pay for. Also I don't think you do a great job monitoring the smaller newspapers. Am pretty sure you just show the big ones. That's too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I give them because I like it. Easy to use. Dive in!

It's simple. We find key information about prospects, thus allowing us to come across as more informed. Lots of them wonder, and some ask: How did you know that about us? I have referred several contacts to you and some have become customers!

MediaRadar review by Tiffany C.
Tiffany C.

"Excellent resource, daily tool"

What do you like best?

It gives me multiple places to start when investigating a new prospect. I also use their prospecting reports often which provide great snapshots of a prospective client's business as well as current and previous media plans.

What do you dislike?

Truly cannot think of anything at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how I got along without MediaRadar. I grow my business by acquiring new clients while fostering active clients. MR provides in-depth intel on each and does so in a way that is easily digestible and transferable to my day-to-day pitching.

MediaRadar is the solution to spending hours looking for the right contact. Additionally, if the right contact is not listed, the MR team will help me find that person.

MediaRadar is the solution to spending hours flipping through publications in my competitive set to find the business I might be missing. The MR reporting is excellent and extremely valuable to my business.

MediaRadar review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Functional, Fairly Accurate Resource"

What do you like best?

The contact information is by far the most valuable portion of the service. It is fairly complete and mostly up to date. This is the main reason I use the service.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. Sometimes the contact information is off but their research services often help gather the right information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a solid, easy-to-use contact resource MediaRadar is a great place to start. I've been extremely happy with the service and appreciate their continuous innovation into campaign investments and ad units.

Bottom line is I save time navigating clients and agencies. Sometimes the email convention alone is worth the investment.

MediaRadar review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"Media Radar Review "

What do you like best?

Great 👍 info saves time Media Radar is great place to find advertisers who already utilize comoetice sets elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more contacts for businesses I’m researching

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very insightful and value is something the provide.

I solve searching for what type of Ads are being utilized I can see creatives easily and even send Mock ups.

MediaRadar review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"I use this product every day to target relevant prospects and find out their current strategies."

What do you like best?

The overlap report is crucial to my gameplan, as is the missed business report. Being able to target other similar magazines and see who is running in those and not ours is such an invaluable tool

What do you dislike?

The contacts section is not nearly complete enough to rely on in any capacity except for the most major brands. This would make the product a one-stop shop

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a prospecting tool!!

New business prospects

MediaRadar review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"My reliance upon MediaRadar tools"

What do you like best?

I regularly read the notifications I receive, based on my input re: competitive set etc. Really helpful intel. But I think what I most appreciate is the information I can cull by looking up prospective Advertisers' re: digital and print plans, strategic insights MediaRadar provides, & the contacts provided.

I also appreciate the proactive emails I receive about key accounts I've been researching. So I would say I really use MediaRadar proactively, but also benefit from the automated features that provide me with relevant info.

I have also participated in some of MediaRadar's webinars, which I find very interesting, informative and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The Advertising | Marketing | Communications Contacts are not always fully up-to-date nor accurate. This is a problem for my prospecting efforts.

That said - I sometimes reach out w/these comments &/or to request Concierge assistance - and really appreciate those services as well.

Pursuing new advertising business, new categories, new platforms (for the advertiser) ie presenting opportunities to integrate their messaging across our media platforms - to utilize our powerful Native brand amplification programs, etc.

"ZOOM - Sales Ad Exec"

What do you like best?

Seeing the actual creative + getting updates to let me know if the spending for certain publications are higher/lower than history.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't deselct accounts that I don't want to hear about. For example, many of the publications have the same brands that advertise each month and if I know those are accounts that I don't cover, I wish I didn't have to see it each month...if I could indicate that I don't cover, I wouldn't have to spend my time sifting through the results each and every month and wasting time doing the same thing over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely is a good comprehensive overview of what client's are doing and great in terms of showing what the actual creative is that clients are doing.

It allows me to see easily what clients are in publications that make sense for the type of audience I'm able to deliver. Plus I like the contact feature. It's nice to have an all encompassing view of all the media they are running in one spot.

MediaRadar review by User in Internet

"Love Media Radar"

What do you like best?

Excellent for prospecting both digital and print. Love the concierge service

What do you dislike?

There is so much turnover - hard to keep the agency people up to date. It would be great if there were more extensive names at each agency and since 'titles' vary from company to company sometimes it is hard to tell what people are acutally doing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get properly trained on media radar. It now includes mobile and programmatic. Has improved significantly through the years

prospecting. It helps get all the names you need to solicit business from all angles. Gives you a great snapshot of where advertisers are spending and now tracks spend as well.

MediaRadar review by Geoffrey G.
Geoffrey G.

"SVP Director of Sales"

What do you like best?

Provides up to date contact information, as well as campaign visuals, so you are better prepared to have more intelligent conversations with potential clients

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is not fully up to date, but then when you point this out to them, they will often correct the information on a timely basis.

Who, What, when information for each brand, more easily contact potential clients with latest publicly available information.

MediaRadar review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Newspapers
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Newspapers

"A useful tool for ad sales organizations"

What do you like best?

the media-radar team is very client-orientated, constantly listen to improve their product. The sales team likes the ease of use and generally find it really useful, especially the ones dealing with agency / brand advertising.

What do you dislike?

The services is expensive for organizations of our size and it is really difficult to calculate a ROI.

For certain local categories / sales rep, the usage is limited, especially the contact database.

It can be tricky to assign all accounts - depending on how your sales organization is structured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus strongly on the adoption / usage among sales managers and sales reps. Find quickly a structured but pragmatic way to assign advertisers to the sales rep.

We use media-radar to better understand our market, research prospects and generate leads. It makes our sales people more knowledgeable. It gives some good insights into the ad market.

MediaRadar review by Melissa G.
Melissa G.

"MediaRadar has been very helpful."

What do you like best?

Using contacts and market research. I also like the ability to see past campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I would like more contacts for divisions like PR and sometimes the contacts are not up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like more monthly reports from my MediaRadar rep.

MediaRadar helps me look into the competitive space and who I should be focusing on for my next client outreach.

MediaRadar review by Mary P.
Mary P.

"Excellent Service and Information"

What do you like best?

I love finding all the contacts at my finger tips! Also, the digital information especially native is becoming more valuable. And their customer service reps are best in class. It's a very useful tool.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes clients are missing - need to go deeper

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool to help you sell!

Trying to find important client information even at the "C" suite level!

MediaRadar review by Tim O.
Tim O.

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

Lauren Jewell our rep is amazing to work with.

What do you dislike?

I know the point of reviews is to get feedback on how to improve, but MediaRadar is amazing to work with. Something that would be nice is an integration with Salesforce to easily pull contacts into instead of having to use a csv file.

Breaking into key accounts and agencies.

MediaRadar review by Jeffrey E.
Jeffrey E.

"Great quality"

What do you like best?

The quality of the contacts, service, and intelligence overall.... I know I can rely on Media Radar.

What do you dislike?

Faster load times would be welcome, but they are in line with what I experience for the rest of the tools I use. There is lots of data to crunch...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know your MediaRadar support rep, they are so incredibly helpful. Don't know what I'd do without Laura!

Finding the right people to talk to, figuring out what they are buying and why. Finding something that aligns with the client goal before the meeting is huge.

MediaRadar review by Mary Lu B.
Mary Lu B.

"best media tracking service I have used"

What do you like best?

the reports that I can generate to share with my clients

What do you dislike?

it seems to land on an old page sometimes, and sometimes you have to wait to get a specific report

I am able to get a better picture of my prospect, to know what the potential is for converting them to a customer

MediaRadar review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"National Ad Director "

What do you like best?

User Friendly format, good information of active accounts.

What do you dislike?

It has only top accounts and sometimes we are in need of the middle of the road accounts that are not the big spenders but make sense for our products which are Hispanic focused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a bit more leads for Hispanic market.

Getting quality leads and appointments.

"Overall positive!"

What do you like best?

Being able to show local advertisers with their counterparts around the country are doing.

What do you dislike?

I wish contacts were included as part of the base package. We don't use them enough to pay extra for them, but they'd be nice to have sometimes.

Well, it gives me another sales tool but I continue to struggle to get my team using it on a regular basis, and I'm not completely sure why. I have personally benefited by showing clients what their brands -- or industries -- are doing in different markets.

MediaRadar review by User in Internet

"MediaRadar Review"

What do you like best?

Great access to contacts, client info and easy links /access to agency book of business.

What do you dislike?

I work with a lot of smaller agencies and midwest markets, there are a lot of gaps when I'm researching the agency info. My company cut back on access; so I miss some of our original features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MediaRadar is a great resource for sellers for pure-prospecting.

I have gotten a lot of contacts and prospects through MediaRadar. I'm tasked w/ growing out a new market so there aren't a lot of existing relationships.

MediaRadar review by Brad W.
Brad W.

"Great information with vey user friendly means of navigating in order to get the information you nee"

What do you like best?

The perfect pitch information garnered and shown is extremely helpful, useful and used for actionable client and agency proposals.

What do you dislike?

Not every company has contact information available when you search for a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - you'll like it!

Customer contact identification. Comprehensive understanding of the companies media strategy.

MediaRadar review by Celeste R.
Celeste R.

"Great tool for ad sales"

What do you like best?

I work in advertising sales and Media Radar is a tool I use daily for this job. It is great for comparing brands/magazines, tracking a brand's advertising/editorial history, creating sample pitches, following social media trends, compiling reports, etc. It is an extremely well-rounded tool that I use for countless aspects of my job.

What do you dislike?

There is not really too much I dislike about Media Radar. If anything though, I would suggest perhaps more types of reports that could be generated by users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service team at Media Radar is very helpful in helping users learn to use it. I recommend reaching out to them with any questions.

Most often, I use it to determine our magazine's share of market against other magazines in the specific competitive set. It allows me to see what magazines brands are running with, where their ads have been positioned, what their ad creative has looked like and how many pages they have run year over year. It's also very useful for looking up edit credits.

MediaRadar review by Cynthia M.
Cynthia M.

"Sales - Print Advertising"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to find out history of ad spend, competitive spend, editorial credits, what the creative looks like and getting contacts at clients.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. If I have a question or need help running a report, I just email my customer service rep and they immediately provide assistance. Great asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I couldn't do my job without it. Extremely valuable sales tool.

Need to find out competitive spend and find out which new prospects to go after in my territory.

MediaRadar review by Dawn Z.
Dawn Z.

"Advertising Operations Director"

What do you like best?

The reports that one can run to analyze the data.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see ease of reporting. More options to choose from. Better way to analyze the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend On 24

Knowing where we aren't getting ads digitally and print wise

MediaRadar review by Maci M.
Maci M.

"Comprehensive Client/Agency Marketing & Contact Overview"

What do you like best?

- Prospecting reports (like that this is narrowed down by territory & industry)

- Client & agency contacts are up-to-date and details are complete

What do you dislike?

- Creative section can use some work. I normally cross reference with Moat.

Missed opportunities and market share visibility.

User in Publishing

"Best sales tool out there "

What do you like best?

The ability to search agency contacts and sort by accounts they work on etc. I like that I can search regional offices ex Mediacom NY this way I know these contacts are based in my sales territory.

Missed business report is great

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that if I open mediaradar Ii instantly get sucked in for hours and there are so many things to see

Great prospecting tool. Getting in touch with contacts we weren't even aware of

User in Newspapers

"Media Radar is the best way to stay on top of our competitors and gather media intelligence!"

What do you like best?

I like the Overlap Report because I can immediately see which ads are running with our competitors and not with us. I also like being able to send e-tearsheets and follow up with my sales team about leads via email, instead of dropping tearsheets on their desks.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more information on the agency buyers, historical data on how their ad budgets have evolved over time, and a dollar amount spent on advertising in competing publications.

I am staying on top of who's advertising where, and getting valuable contact information for the advertiser and parent companies. I have been able to assign leads to people quickly and bcc myself on tearsheets.

MediaRadar review by Christine R.
Christine R.

"I like Media Radar easy access and has some accurate information."

What do you like best?

Easy access, and some accurate information.

What do you dislike?

When I can't find what I'm looking for at that moment.

Trying to gain more advertisers. I have realized that face to face is great for meeting new contacts business deals.

MediaRadar review by Randy K.
Randy K.

"Media Radar"

What do you like best?

The sales intelligence provided including competitive reports, target audience based on ad spend, and market share. Also the proactive nature of updates on new advertisers in our competition.

What do you dislike?

Not a robust contact database. Would be the ideal product if it included a vast database of agency and client contacts.

Media Radar helps in our sales targeting by providing details on who is spending in our category. Provides prospecting direction four our sales team.

User in Publishing

"Great! The staff is quick with helpful answers for any questions i've reached out with."

What do you like best?

The user friendly system. I love being able to login and quickly see where ads have ran against my competitive set.

What do you dislike?

The inaccuracy of edit credits counted/listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick, easy, to the point!

Viewing Ad placements/Share of markets/missed business/edit credits. Benefits are being able to cross reference the Share of Market counts against my own records. Also, being able to easily reach out with question and get them answered in a timely manner.

MediaRadar review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Information in a single click to help prospecting"

What do you like best?

Media Radar helps my sales team to see who is advertising and where. We are able to look and see how we can create the perfect pitch to reach out and grow our advertiser base.

What do you dislike?

Some times the advertisers information in not 100% correct. Especially when you are looking up a big importer or distributor since brands move around.

We are looking to grow our advertiser base and the magazine.

MediaRadar review by Stacy D.
Stacy D.

"MediaRadar User Review"

What do you like best?

It provides us with contacts for specific brands as well as what they've booked previously with specific media outlets.

What do you dislike?

Often times the contacts are not up to date and there is no access to a realistic rate that is paid.

We are looking for leads and new clients/brands to advertise through our company. Media Radar provides us with their information as well as like brands to reach out to.

"MediaRadar review"

What do you like best?

Customer service, ease of use, and Perfect Pitch tab. The MediaRadar team is excellent at finding contacts for accounts.

What do you dislike?

The news alerts can be more tailored to the account. It seems that the stories are pulled using key words, and often times aren't relevant to the account.

Prospecting, developing my pipeline and territory. I've won new accounts based off of the preliminary research MediaRadar pulls for each account.

MediaRadar review by Jane S.
Jane S.

"MediaRadar rocks!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see who is advertising at a moments glance. Reports are a breeze to make. Their customer service is great!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about MediaRadar on the modules that we purchase. Easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and great people to work with.

We have been able to land new advertisers based on edit credits and find contact information for prospects.

User in Media Production

"MediaRadar is an essential partner to a publisher"

What do you like best?

The Mock Up This Brand for creating nice looking RFPs without having to go to our inhouse design to get mock-ups created.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I can really point to that says it's something I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and you will instantly want to continue getting more and more information.

Helps tremendously with prospecting

User in Publishing

"Extremely helpful and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Accessing contact information and having everything in one place

What do you dislike?

Search functionality can be difficult - when searching for generic names, often can't find exact business. Also, searches aren't saved, so if I enter an incorrect spelling or wrong name, I have to reenter as if starting a new search.

Sourcing new leads and growing business.

MediaRadar review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"MediaRadar is a valuable tool in our sales toolbox."

What do you like best?

We use the account review (print) frequently in preparing for meetings with existing clients and new clients. We also find the contacts section helpful (especially with new clients). The report that tell us who is advertising in our competitors and not with us is also super helpful in identifying new targets. Team members are always friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The load time can take a while sometimes.

Identifying new business prospects is always a challenge. The reports offered in MediaRadar are beneficial in locating potential leads.

MediaRadar review by D E.
D E.

"70% positive"

What do you like best?

layout has alot of information and somehow doesn't look too clutered

What do you dislike?

sometimes the emails giving alerts link to nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

would be interesting to know how programmatic digital buying designations are made

tracking brand activity for background knowledge purposes; information can be useful in engaging brands

"Central Advertising Manager"

What do you like best?

Lots of intel for advertiser activity in multiple magazines and also online.

What do you dislike?

The categories don't all line up the way I'd like it. I get that our market is just one tiny drop in your huge bucket and you can't be as specific as we would be but your market data just isn't all accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

extremely helpful and necessary if you care about understanding your market.

seeing new business. Seeing the big picture for all their digital advertising.

"Great prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

Continued innovation and investment in new product offerings

What do you dislike?

Falls short on info for regional advertisers

Contact details, ad campaign details - spend by medium, creative

"Amazing Tool"

What do you like best?

The contacts are key and I couldn't live without the SOM reports. MediaRadar makes the prospecting part of my job so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the cities listed for a contact are incorrect based on their Linkedin profiles. And some of the digital is incorrect - i.e. some programmatic buys are actually direct buys.

Every time I pull a territory report I find 2-3 new prospects that I hadn't heard of or reached out to yet.

User in Newspapers

"VERY USEFUL PRODUCT/ A MUST USED"

What do you like best?

Generate DATA ANALYSIS AND competitive reports to the sales management staff concerning internal and outside sources which expounds with with their competitors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report. However, If I need additional assistance and or have any questions I have access to a rep who I am assigned to which goes above and beyond to resolve the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly

Competitive runs by researching how other companies are competitive sources are functioning in advertising with their brands

MediaRadar review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"American Psychological Association"

What do you like best?

paging through competitive sets, miss opportunities

What do you dislike?

Wish I could get one weekly report of listing all advertisers in my competitive sets

gained some new business, increase some existing business by doing Cover placement searches

User in Publishing

"MediaRadar is a great tool."

What do you like best?

MediaRadar is valuable tool for any sales person. The insights and data I get from it makes me smarter about my job, and its so simply to use. I can easily customize reports and export what I need, when I need it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I don't like about MediaRadar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get it, fast.

I'm finding where the spend is going with my biggest prospects, as well as my current customers.

MediaRadar review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Mediaradar provides great insight and helpful strategic direction on accounts in my territory."

What do you like best?

The contact information is most helpful as well as the list of titles that are getting specific business and postioning.

What do you dislike?

That digital is not part of the general access to information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resourcing tool providing information that is critical to our business.

I'm finding new clients in my territory as well as having a better understanding if they are print only or if they are open to integrated opportunities.

MediaRadar review by User

"Director Strategic Partnerships"

What do you like best?

I use MediaRadar mostly for Prospecting and Contacts. I typically sort by NATIVE advertisers only as we do not accept programmatic buying.

What do you dislike?

Would also like to have contacts for Creative Directors, Content Directors * and Social Media Directors

some of these exist already in your database

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it often to get familiar. Input your account list in order to get notifications on activity.

Prospecting for ad sales.

"Using MediaRadar"

What do you like best?

Perfect to sue to find new marketing contacts and agency accounts.

Alerts on who is advertising in your territory make my job easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I log in I have to hit the log in button 2x to get into the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

It will help you each day

Keeping my database current with correct titles and contacts from my territory.

"Sales Director"

What do you like best?

Agency personnel search; address information; campaign creative

What do you dislike?

slow to load; contacts not always up to date; not super intuitive

strong sales outreach tool

MediaRadar review by User in Financial Services

"Media Radar User"

What do you like best?

very helpful to see media spend, placements and contact information for specific advertisers

What do you dislike?

Cannot adjust daily email update I get from Media Radar. I don't want to see that Fobes added content, I cannot take Pursuits off my list. Control could be better

Need to know if my clients are active and what competitors they are using. Also which brands

User in Newspapers

"Very helpful and user friendly experience"

What do you like best?

I love that you have access to business contacts that you may in fact not be able to find otherwise.

Very easy experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to get peoples names off the concierge service.

Getting contacts, getting to the right source, and making that sale I might of not made prior to that

MediaRadar review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Service"

What do you like best?

The information is up to date and easy to access. If there isn't a contact they will find if for you within a day.

What do you dislike?

Integration into salesforce needs to be a full integration, not just an export to a .CSV file.

We are trying to generate ad revenue and correct information is vital.

"Great research tool!"

What do you like best?

MediaRadar is very proactive in helping the user decide what kind of reporting is useful.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike. I would like to see more fractional units in the report where you can select size/type of ad.

It is good for prospecting, tear sheeting, and viewing media kits.

User in Publishing

"Daily user- very satisfied"

What do you like best?

Market / comp set information. Visuals of creative. Contact information. Perfect pitch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, but navigating within an account can be troublesome

Staying competitive in a tough market. Trying to sell cross-platform advertising. Benefits in getting a snapshot of the competitive landscape, contacts

"mediareview"

What do you like best?

getting accurate contacts for both national accounts and particularly local accounts

What do you dislike?

Some of the accounts that I need information on are not available and concierge takes too long

Recommendations to others considering the product

digital contacts

getting in the door and also being able to add to your own database

User in Publishing

"Great resource for finding contacts and paging."

What do you like best?

I like the client/agency contact information the most. It helps me keep up with people changing companies.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about using the service.

Locating current contacts in my region. The updated website has proven to be more reliable.

"Media Radar Review"

What do you like best?

nice compilation of of advertising history by account. good for gaining insight on where and when advertisers run campaigns

What do you dislike?

contacts not flushed out and outdated, some accounts have no contact info at all

lead generation, crafting pitches with a little account insight

MediaRadar review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"HORRIBLE TO BUSINESS WITH"

What do you like best?

Your contract autorenews. They are sneaky and I think they're an awful business. I would not recommend anyone doing business with them.

What do you dislike?

Read above. I'd avoid this company and find someone else!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid them!

None

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Easy account review and edit/credit reports

What do you dislike?

site is slow often and is down more than I would like.....like right now

Selling more space by quickly seeing account's plans and spends. Running edit/credit reports to prove how much value our edit provides

"Assoicate Publisher"

What do you like best?

Convenience, Service and overall experience

What do you dislike?

Not everything is 100% accurate, some reports are hard to run

Missed business, Advertiser media mix, contacts, digital ads, print ads

Learning about MediaRadar?

* We monitor all MediaRadar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.