MediaRadar

MediaRadar is a cloud-based tool that takes the guesswork out of the process of sales by using analysis to create personalized insights and advice.

Work for MediaRadar?

Ask MediaRadar a Question
Showing 64 MediaRadar reviews
MediaRadar review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

Used to be great for print advertising, the more magazines that halt print, the less utility it has

What do you like best?

The ability to search for specific creative when on a close for ending a project is definitely the greatest utility for Media Radar. The ability to search for virtually any brand or publication that's ever been in existence is a massive asset. We work in healthcare with both a professional and consumer focus so it's great to be able to go back and see how often an advertiser has run in the same publication, which competitor's publications they're running in.

What do you dislike?

We did away with the contacts segment, most of the time the contacts were incorrect, some simple due diligence of searching through LinkedIn or searching recent press releases was much more accurate. It had some utility in listing agency contacts, but for my role, we rarely used that feature. I also have a problem with the frequency that magazines are uploaded or updated in the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great supplement, but research is still required.

We work in print media, it's very useful when searching brands that might be a fit for our publications, see what creative they're running, and see what competitor's magazines they're running in. We also use the search functions to separate advertisers by category or specific sectors. It's also great to make competitive sets and we don't have to run out and search through grocery stores or convenience stores to search for magazines, it's great to be able to search right from out desktops.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MediaRadar
MediaRadar review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

go-to source for industry insights, from account-specific detail to in-depth market reports

What do you like best?

The versatility and capabilities of MediaRadar has surpassed our expectations. Typically, people think of it as a great reference tool for sales reps, but it offers so much more beyond the already generous amount of account information. In just the past week, I've used MediaRadar to: (1) look up client contacts on a number of accounts (2) get clarity on parent-subsidiary structure for a number of companies/accounts (3) find full lists of advertisers who haven't run with us, print and/or digital, but are active within our competitive set (4) analyze that list of prospects geographically and by category to inform an internal case for reorganizing account lists

What do you dislike?

I've really taken advantage of MediaRadar's reporting capabilities, which are really more of an added perk given how MediaRadar is generally used/marketed, but my only challenge has been that you cannot analyze by advertiser or account category, but only product category. This means that you have a B2B tech company that could fall into a number of different 'categories' because it's based entirely on that one account's product(s) and relative campaigns, partnerships, etc.

Only other issue has been that some programmatic business shows up as direct advertising, which we have only realized in comparing MediaRadar results against our own internal information. This isn't common nor does it really affect the result of a more macro analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To fully understand the value, familiarize yourself with the full scope of MediaRadar's offerings

As I mentioned, I've realized and personally leveraged the reporting tools a great deal. It makes it so simple to keep a pulse on business, whether it be within your competitive set or that of a certain advertiser/account list. It's also then allowed us to analyze in a variety of ways (i.e. by territory, account list, product category, custom competitive set, ad type, timeframe, et.c), which has uncovered a number of trends that we may have otherwise not identified. These takeaways develop ever day, month, year, etc., and being able to so thoroughly track/assess them has been a huge asset in informing our business strategy.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

MediaRadar review by <span>Linda D.</span>
Linda D.

Fine Gardening

What do you like best?

Media Radar has always been very responsive to ideas we offer to help make the tools easier to use as well as initiating a host of ideas themselves to make prospecting and monitoring competitors successful. We have worked with them since the opening of the company and continue to find value. The reps are always excellent in providing feedback and assisting with reporting.

What do you dislike?

I would love for a specific category for only gardening related businesses. It would greatly help the view of market share if we could look at only endemic comparisons.

Also, I feel all the contact information should be visible to the user. It should be part of the standard package. To pay extra for it with more niche titles doesn't pay off as many of those names are not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this company. They are exceptional and are constantly developing new tools for their clients.

I primarily use it for prospecting for leads and market share. It gives you a nice synopsis of ways to try to sell to the client. The reporting is also very helpful.

MediaRadar review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

MediaRadar is a very helpful sales tool.

What do you like best?

I like using MediaRadar to prospect with and find new clients to reach out to. It is great to see what my existing clients are running with my competitor publications (via print and web) also. I use the "market share" and "prospecting" features under the reports section as frequently as I can. I find it very helpful that MediaRadar is able to have my territory uploaded into the system so I am only seeing leads that I would be able to follow up with. It is always helpful if there is a contact listed there also.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there isn't anything that comes to mind that I dislike about MediaRadar. I just wish I had more time to use it and dig around the platform. There typically isn't that many clients that I don't already know about since the Accounting industry isn't terribly big.

The features and tools that MediaRadar has to offer really help me me find new clients to reach out to within my territory. I really like the fact that I can see the creatives and banner ads that my client is running and review the messaging they are using in their campaigns so i can best recommend what may be good for them to try.

MediaRadar review by <span>Paula M.</span>
Paula M.

Great resource for media companies

What do you like best?

I love how attentive the staff at media radar are - they send us emails a few times a week with tips on how to utilize media radar better and if we have any questions about the software, they are super fast at replying. I also really like that they incorporate our staff into the software to track market share - makes our lives easier.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the initial use of the software... being someone who doesn't like change, it was hard getting used to going to this software to get competitive reports, etc. and learning the steps to do all of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give initially better training to all new users - maybe sent up a training with each new user. I was able to get good training from the staff of MediaRadar when I reach out to them, but it would have been nice if they did a better job reaching out to me initially to make sure I knew what I was doing with the software.

saved us lots of time with pulling market share information.

also has brought in business by showing us where clients are advertising.

gives us great competitive reports.

MediaRadar review by <span>Rob S.</span>
Rob S.

Simply the BEST

What do you like best?

This tool has been a game changer when creating compelling marketing proposals. The tools for competitive research, edit credits, general knowledge on other brands and media properties.... it's all so helpful!

What do you dislike?

I wish the price was a bit cheaper! hah! My current company doesn't subscribe to all benefits like previous employers have done.

Competitive analysis. I've realized that MediaRadar can actually do even more than I need at times! This resource is a wealth of material across all categories, across a wide range of media properties, and even helps creates mocks for digital opportunities. It saves times and help build better proposals.

Learning about MediaRadar?

* We monitor all MediaRadar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare MediaRadar to Similar Solutions