MediaShout

3.3

MediaShout is a versatile church presentation software, you can customize your workspace with just the tools you need.

Work for MediaShout?

Learning about MediaShout?

Compare MediaShout to Similar Solutions

MediaShout Reviews

Ask MediaShout a Question
Showing 19 MediaShout reviews
MediaShout review by Ariel B.
Ariel B.

"Mostly Pleased"

What do you like best?

Love that I can pull in lyrics and song selections from CCLI. Adding in Powerpoint presentations is a breeze! Quite intuitive for the most part, I am mostly self taught. I did watch a couple of the instructional videos which were great.

What do you dislike?

Adding extra pages and verses to songs doesn't always work well. There's no option to add a new verse once the song has been inserted. There is no phone support unless you pay an additional fee. This is very frustrating as if there is an issue, it can only be addressed via email or facebook messenger.

We use Media Shout to create presentations for our weekly church services. It is much easier to use and more streamlined than our prior product.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MediaShout
MediaShout review by Francesca D.
Francesca D.

"MediaShout really disappointed us as a long term customer"

What do you like best?

Not much....it was somewhat affordable....

What do you dislike?

We were a MediaShout customer for many years but finally have given up on this software. We tried many times to resolve issues and were patient with the support team but could not continue to deal with the problems and difficulties this program caused our church. MediaShout stops working and crashes multiple times during editing of the slides. Customer service was not good, never answered the phone even during the customer service hours and took a long time to call back. The tutorial videos were not helpful at all. The software does not have a user-friendly interface in general but is especially unusable to people who have no experience with the program.

MediaShout updates were sent out and caused the software to completely crash. We had to call customer service and were told we would have to completely reinstall the system with a new access code. The technician had to be involved to make sure we did not use up an extra licensing code when reinstalling. Each time the software crashed the MediaShout support team gave a different reason for the cause of it crashing. We were told the program was cloud-based, but it was so complicated and confusing to set up the cloud-based system we gave up and were not able to utilize that feature. Steep learning curve transitioning from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6. Opening the MediaShout program each day took a long time to load. MediaShout crashes when we try to add certain types of media into the presentation such as PowerPoint or images. Overall, MediaShout is not worth the time or money and we ended up switching to one of its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our church does not recommend MediaShout to others.

We were unable to solve any of the problems we had with MediaShout even after working with the support team many times.

What Church Presentation solution do you use?

User in Religious Institutions

"Media Shout can make your productions look great, but is not always easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how it makes our services look. I like how you can find bible verses and song lyrics easily and add them to a production. I like how it plays videos and works with PowerPoint. I like how easy it is to add advertisement slides and make them scroll before a service. I can create slides as jpgs and easily insert them into a presentation. Then my ad looks similar to my bulletin ad. I like their customer service.

What do you dislike?

Not always easy to use. Settings can be hard especially if they get changed by accident. If you are working on a computer that is not hooked up to the projectors, sometimes what you create and what is seen are different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to purchase the software and start using it immediately. It takes a little time to learn it. Creating slides as jpgs in another program and importing them works much better than creating them in Media Shout. Works best with a server so that you can create your slides or backgrounds elsewhere and use them on the same computer. If you don't have a server you'll have to upload your created slides from one computer and download them to the one that will use media shout. Then point your presentation to those downloaded slides. This can be a little frustrating, but a server makes it all connect and takes this burden off.

Helps with service by showing upcoming events and ads before service that change automatically. Great for lyrics to songs so members can sing along.

MediaShout review by Cassandra W.
Cassandra W.

"Love MediaShout!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use MediaShout to create a service slideshow for the church I work for. There are numerous bible editions available, songs, etc. Moving items around is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could add clipart while in the MediaShout program rather than having to create the whole slide outside of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend MediaShout to any church who is looking to project their service.

We use MediaShout to display the words to our church worship service. This helped us to get more people to sing along during congregation songs because the words are easy to see and in a better position. It also helped our senior members to see the entire service. Often time the bulletins we print are too small for them to read while keeping up with the service. We also save a TON of paper by showing the service on the screen rather than printing everything. We only print an outline now.

User in Religious Institutions

"MediaShout is an awesome worship tool!"

What do you like best?

MediaShout is so easy to learn. It is intuitive and versatile. I felt like a pro after just a few days using the program.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is the look of the interface. It could be a bit more clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this out. MediaShout is a great program for projecting during worship and even for teaching and preaching. It has tons of uses, works on multiple computers, and customer support is very helpful. I can't count the amount of times that they just solved the problem for me via remote access. One phone call and a few minutes later I was good to go.

At our church we need to project the lyrics of our songs, MediaShout is perfect for that. All of our computers can run it, and they allow you put the program on multiple computers. That's awesome for a budget conscience church.

MediaShout review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Clunky, Buggy, and unstable"

What do you like best?

I have not found anything I like yet about the software. I have REALLY tried to like this software since others have mentioned it being good for their church

What do you dislike?

It is clunky and non-intuitive. there is no help button (online help only). Even the demo presentation crashes while paging through. Does not support powerpoint as stated. Is not a good solution if your church is trying to convert from powerpoint to a more advanced interface. Have to pay extra for backgrounds/media/art. You have to buy a $1000 computer to go with the software (according to their recommendations), and then the program still doesn't work correctly. Online support is slow, and phone support is only available when no one is at church. We sank $1400 into a computer and this software, and now we are forced to go back to powerpoint just to accomplish anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seriously consider EasyWorship or Powerpoint.

There have been no benefits. We wasted $1400 where we could have just kept using powerpoint and our old computer.

MediaShout review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Perfect for music lyric storage and sharing"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create music files with specific song lyrics. The ability to customize slide shows by piecing different songs together that are stored in the larger database. Makes presentations a snap. I love being able to drop Godtube and youtube and bluefish videos directly into the que. I like the ability to create transitions and keep the slide show alive and fun. I like that the updated versions run in sync with each other.

What do you dislike?

Cursor is positioned wrong when deleting a page break in a Lyric cue.

Stage previewer does not work if no actual stage display is connected.

We are able to easily create and edit lyrics for worship sets. It is easy to teach new tech people and volunteers how to use our system. This solves a problem with vital and needed manpower.

MediaShout review by Marcus M.
Marcus M.

"Great program with the right equipment"

What do you like best?

Very easy to teach volunteers how to operate program on the fly.

What do you dislike?

Requires a lot of processing power in the computer that increases exponentially with each successive upgrade. The computer is never strong enough for what comes next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare licensing model to other software programs. Other programs may be more popular, but may require a lot more training than Mediashout. Do your homework.

Graphic and video presentation in a church or production environment. Ease of use allows for professional delivery that is seamless to the viewing audience.

MediaShout review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Certainly not my first choice"

What do you like best?

It works and there was a time when MediaShout was a forerunner in using media backgrounds.

What do you dislike?

It thinks differently than most presentation programs and feels a bit "Windows 95" aesthetic. I haven't used it for years, but I just checked the website for version 6 and it's still like that. It's like the difference between mac and windows. Mac: 1, Windows: 0

Recommendations to others considering the product

ProPresenter is the best tool I've ever used for displaying lyrics, videos, pictures, and presentations for worship services.

Displaying lyrics for worship, as well as videos and pictures.

"Used Weekly"

What do you like best?

This program was helpful in making words to contemporary worship songs available to all when singing coroporately.

What do you dislike?

The program was not intuitive and many things had to be done manually, slide by slide when updating color etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great step in the right direction if you are working toward bridging the gap between older and younger generations. This program hosts hymns and contemporary worship options. Additionally you can incorporate your own titles if your music ministry creates their own music. Excellent option, user friendly, just not as intuitive as I would like it to be (this may have changed in newer versions).

Major song database used so members had access to a variety of worship options

"Hard to Use"

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to see what slide was coming up next.

What do you dislike?

I was not a fan of MediaShout. I used it a number of years ago at my church Fellowship of Christians. We had a hard time training new people how to use it and it seemed to take a long time to access slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use this product then you need to make sure your volunteers and employees get a thorough training. It can be a useful program but is not always user friendly.

Fellowship of Christians uses MediaShout as their way to show slides on Sunday mornings and any worship event.

MediaShout review by William G.
William G.

"High learning curve but it works really well"

What do you like best?

We use this program for our church to present slides and songs and all multimedia every single week and it works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

It has a high learning curve that can be difficult for less tech-savy people to understand and takes time to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend time learning about the program before launching it.

Showing multimedia during presentations

MediaShout review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great Option For Windows Users"

What do you like best?

While it may shy in comparison to a few alternatives (mostly ProPresenter), MediaShout has been a great resource for all our church’s multimedia use during services.

What do you dislike?

The user interface and dashboard is a little less robust than that of ProPresenter and I have found it at times to be a little glitchy when running large scale productions (Intensive video or graphic use during service).

MediaShout is a great program for churches to use that have a Windows computer and are not doing tremendous amounts of video in their services. It is easy to learn and you can set up an order of service really quickly.

MediaShout review by Sean O.
Sean O.

"MedaShout - Stuck in the past..."

What do you like best?

Simple, somewhat intuitive, easy for simple set-ups (lyrics, images, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface, unstable, looks just like it did back in version 5, hasn't kept up with its competitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need something simple, this might work for you. However, we have since moved on to ProPresenter and we couldn't be happier!

Looking for a worship presentation software solution to help with services and events.

MediaShout review by Cassy W.
Cassy W.

"Perfect church presentation software"

What do you like best?

Mediashout is easy to use. It gives the church complete control over what the presentation looks like while adding helpful tools like bible entries and song lyrics. It saves us a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

The interface could be more modern. It wouldn't hurt for the menus to be easier to use either.

We use MediaShout to save time and energy when putting our presentations together. It does this well by making it so that we no longer have to look up lyrics and bible verses. They are easy to insert into the presentation.

"Media Shout"

What do you like best?

Having the words to music and scripture already preloaded is very convenient. It's nice to not have to type in every new piece. Linking to CCLI accounts makes projecting lyrics simple.

What do you dislike?

Software is not quite as updated as it could be. Could be more user friendly and modern, sleek and simple to use. Feels a little outdated even with the more updated versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defini

Projecting music lyrics, videos, scripture and announcements to our church congregation. Communication within the church is made simpler with a tool like this.

MediaShout review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

i like the layout and presentation. it is very user friendly and its really good at customizing presentations.

What do you dislike?

some cons of this product is that it is very different than the standard power point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i recommend this to those tired of Microsoft word. this is an awesome and new way to make presentations and its an easy layout and easy to use for anybody. Its about the same price just more bang for your buck. The layout is easy to organize your presentation and easy to share with others. only problem is when others don't have it.

a new presentation program makes thing interesting and the customizing aspect it great.

"Wonderful!"

What do you like best?

The ease in which we can share our info.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet that I dislike about this product. It's been so easy to use!

Sharing our information, either the music or sermon notes has been a breeze with MediaShout!

MediaShout review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"Great presentation software."

What do you like best?

Very powerful but needs very powerful computer

What do you dislike?

needs a MUCH better Macintosh version as the current one is extremely buggy when I tried to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must know that it really only works on Windows, will need a powerful computer with a lot of graphics power to run.

Presentation and ease of use for multiple staff to run. Easy to train with.

Learning about MediaShout?

* We monitor all MediaShout reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare MediaShout to Similar Solutions