Medisoft

Medisoft is a compact solution for the healthcare industry that deals with both clinical and administrative requirements of healthcare centers.

Work for Medisoft?

Learning about Medisoft?

Medisoft Reviews

Showing 11 Medisoft reviews
Medisoft review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Great Billing software"

What do you like best?

Medisoft really is a great Billing software our company has been using it for years! We use it to keep track of patient information, insurance information, billing statements, insurance payments and patient payments. It is super easy to train new hires on and it is super easy to post payments and post billing. We also use it to print out patient statements and love it! The customizable reports are really helpful in creating statements with only the information that you need and having Revenue Management as a feature option for billing and ERA's has really helped to cut down the time that we spend on posting payments and adjustments to accounts. Entering new patient information or new doctor information is a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little slow to run but that is the only complaint I have with the software. Other than that it is terrific!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great software for billing. You are able to keep up with making statements, posting insurance and patient payments all in one place. It is easy to enter new patients and new doctors to the software and super easy to learn.

We are able to make patient statements and keep up with billing out and posting payments all in one place. We are also able to keep up with Patient information and insurance information in the same software and it makes it so easy instead of having to switch between two.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Medisoft
Medisoft review by Janet G.
Janet G.

"Get some training but then its useful"

What do you like best?

It is all encompassing when it comes to managing our patient financials and billing. We can bill out to insurance, manage statements, bill patients, post remits, print HICFA's, etc all from one place. I can customize what I see on my screen based on what my job entails. The receptionist can tailor it to fit her needs for her job requirements. Having ERA's posted through Revenue Management is a total time saver. We used to spend hours upon hours posting Blue Cross, Medicare, and Medicaid by hand. The addition of Revenue Management has been a complete life saver. We can send Medicare through that as well. Sending statements is simple and quick. Building claim files for our clearing house is simple and easy to deal with. Especially now that Revenue Management will check the claims prior to submission to catch any errors there may be. That saves us so much time and money, we catch the errors and have them corrected and sent out the same day versus waiting on a response from insurance. There's a pile of reports that come with the program and you also have to ability to create your own.

What do you dislike?

Its a very large program, sometimes runs slow. I definitely feel like you need training to be able to properly use all of its functions and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great, but get some training! It will help you utilize everything they offer

Billing to our clearing house, statement generation for patient billing, tracking trends among billing codes, insurance, etc.

What Other Health Care solution do you use?

Medisoft review by Jaimin A.
Jaimin A.

"Excellent reporting software"

What do you like best?

Medisoft has an abundance of built in reports that allow you to track a wide array of practice and patient data. Their Capterra program has the ability to process and monitor claims for multiple practices with ease. Simple and quick to post payments and keep accurate AR. Ledger allows to document any follow up notes for a major degree of continuity on open claims and follow ups. Great program it is as easy to use, customizable and excellent for Accounts Receivable, Billing, visit tracking, claims submissions.Its pretty simple to figure out and use. I have never had any formal training from Medisoft and have self taught myself the ins and outs of the software over time. There is not a lot of flexibility in the reports until the most recent versions. The Statements are complicated and definitely not user friendly. However once you learn your way around you can manage.

What do you dislike?

Can run slow when generating lengthily reports. Requires a tech support contract to get any questions answered which can be costly. In some of the older versions of the software I sometimes felt there could be a lot of reports that would help companies with collections. However, the reports are very limiting. If more of the reports had beginning and ending dates it would be helpful for those that have been using the software for long periods of time and again, the statements need improvement. But I must say for the money, it is not a bad software for the price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

The designing of efficient reporting functionalities. We are able to manage our billing and payments in one place.

Medisoft review by Salim Q.
Salim Q.

"Concise Medical Record Keeping"

What do you like best?

Medisoft is a medical record keeping and billing program. It is an essential tool for anyone in medical billing and coding professions. Users may be reminded of Microsoft Access because of the database interface but I believe it is more intuitive than Access. Patients have data stored across Medisoft's databases ncludeing name, treatment, insurance, and other sensitive information but also information the user wants to add as well. Accessing and editing a patient's file or a unique database is as easy as searching a name or clicking a database tab.

Medisoft also includes recordkeeping, keeping account data for services that are rendered and payment data, just as an accounting program would. The accounting here is not as sophisticated as Quicken, but is enough for a business or hospital to keep update records and continue to develop digital infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

There is a ledger to help remember what medical codes mean for different services, but an effective medical billing and coding employee will know the codes. If there was a small tab to appear identifying specific code numbers as you read patients files, not a ledger just for inputting data.

Recording patient treatment and patient payment data. It is easy to use and has a small learning curve for new users. A user can easily describe to a non-medical professional how to read the data for patients and how the database works.

Medisoft review by Raegan F.
Raegan F.

"Useful and helpful but definately need training"

What do you like best?

-The customizable reports are a great option, being able to build a report with only the information you need is an amazing thing.

-The addition of Revenue Management to do billing and ERA's has cut our time on posting down drastically. We've signed up for several of our major payers to send ERA's and posting has become a breeze. If you have basic knowledge on ERA's, you can tweak your Medicare 835's to post through Revenue Management as well.

-The several different options of statements available.

-The personalization options. I can customize mine to show me what fields I want to see on the Transaction Entry screen based on what I do within my job in billing and patient collection. The front desk that enters the transactions can customize the screen and fields shown based on what they need.

What do you dislike?

You most certainly need some training on it to be able to use everything the program has to offer. I wasnt trained by anyone on the program, more so just thrown into it and have had to navigate it myself. I have discovered more options recently that I wish I had known about previously. I could have been far more productive with some training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for training. Also, there are a few companies that do free webinars put out monthly on youtube that are tutorials on how to use different features in Medisoft

Time saving with ERA posting. Statement generation helps as well. I just tell it to print and boom they're done. It tracks and prepares for me.

Medisoft review by Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.

"Solid practice management software"

What do you like best?

Medisoft allows for handling multiple tax ID/practices. Office Hours Professional is excellent for a multi-disciplinary practice with 10 providers and varying schedules. Billing input is simple.

What do you dislike?

Cannot schedule breaks indefinitely. Cannot separate aging by case, only by assigned patient type. Sometimes posting adjustments gets complicated. Would like a reliable mobile app for checking appointments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you make the investment, be prepared for major upgrades every 1-2 years.

Managing schedules and billing of multiple practices, sharing same patient information.

Medisoft review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Good for Medical Document Management"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use. It has simple basic structures. it is easy to add documents to. We use it for a patient charges system in order to keep track of billing, statements, patient information, insurance, insurance payments and patient payments. It has several features which are helping for keeping track of payments. It is user friendly and easy to add information into the program. Set up was pretty straight forward without too much difficulty and we are able to keep quite a few accounts in the database, sort out the different accounts into subcategories, and readily add in new accounts as we continue to get them. We are able to make notes on individual accounts as well which helps us with tracking information. The program will populate different types of reports and keep statistics as well including mailing lists for billing out statements. Overall I would say it is a good program for a billing situation and helps us to manage several accounts at one time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say that I dislike about this program is being able to toggle between accounts without having to go in and out of each account separately. When working I need to be in several accounts at one time, but find with this I have to shut down on account, sign in to another and go back and forth like that to access different accounts which is a time killer. It would be a more seamless process if I could either pop up another window or toggle back and forth between accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the size of your company and your needs, you need to check capacity for users as well as how much data can be entered. It has met our needs well, but we are a smaller company. That's not to say this would not work for your company, but I would check specs for expansion and growth.

The program has helped us set up a billing system that works very well for our company. We can track, manage and collect payments in a more timely and efficient manner as well as help patient's file on their insurance and collect those payments towards services as well.

Medisoft review by Lori A.
Lori A.

"Patient portal "

What do you like best?

The billing screen and how patient payments are applied easily.

What do you dislike?

The program is pretty outdated and can glitch a lot.

The benefits of medisoft are how you can use multiple screens to check patients billing and appointments. I like how all the features are right in front of you.

Medisoft review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for new users. The ability to keep track and access client information relatively quickly.

What do you dislike?

Could use more training material. Software does crash or freeze up from time to time which is a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for our chiropractic office.

Helped with scheduling and keeping track of patients. Benefits of keeping client info organized.

Medisoft review by Liana P.
Liana P.

"I use Medisoft as a supplemental MHR software"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place for all financial management

What do you dislike?

Everything is very compact and I find it hard to read certain things sometimes.

We are able to manage patient finances with ease. We know when patients owe money or when insurances owe us money with the click of a button.

Medisoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Basic medical software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easily populates required HCFA information

User friendly easily attainable.

Easy to upload info to a billing service.

What do you dislike?

Not very dependable accounting for patients due amounts. Didn't have a feature to bill to a certain point, (omitting what Insurance hasn't processed as yet)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't find the account balances as being accurate

Able to track patient and insurance balances due.

Learning about Medisoft?

* We monitor all Medisoft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.