Meditech EHR

Meditech EHR is an EHR solution that accelerate care delivery with Web Ambulatory, a complete web chart that gives physicians instant access to all patient records and relevant information across the continuum, in one place.

Work for Meditech EHR?

Learning about Meditech EHR?

Categories

Compare Meditech EHR to Similar Solutions

Meditech EHR Reviews

Showing 61 Meditech EHR reviews
Meditech EHR review by <span>Jean-A&#39;Layn S.</span>
Jean-A'Layn S.

"Gets the job done, but needs work"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Meditech. Everything is easy to find and easy to do, but it needs to include more details, especially for charting purposes (I.e. wounds)

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how to find some assessment terms. Also, I feel that more details and/or text boxes can be available to allow for specific charting. Also, it does not appear to be very modern at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Meditech EHR is a simplistic method of charting electronically but it needs a lot of upgrading to match what other EHRs provide to healthcare professionals. It is difficult to be specific in your assessments and there are many duplications. I would recommend that if you want to use Meditech that you find a way to incorporate more detailed text boxes for documentation of patient findings.

Meditech allows us to chart directly and very clear cut with minimal details. The benefits include being able to access patient records without the need for searching.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Meditech EHR
Meditech EHR review by <span>Abby S.</span>
Abby S.

"Typical Database, suits our company needs well"

What do you like best?

Overall, the health record database is standard in processing and use. Which is great for a company that has frequent change in the employees that are using the system. If they have used any other health record database with similar structure the learning curve is very limited.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of a "finished" product is one of the biggest drawbacks. The medical document often does not look as professional as what we have seen with other software providers. Also, there are times when we have very slow response in the system. This include often time consuming and stressful repetitiveness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest recommendation I have to other companies looking for an EMR system is to trial or examine the different templates available by the various providers. You want to make sure that for the services that you provide for your patients that you have the best set up. Also, it will be important to make sure that you have excellent support on the vendor side, as well as internally. We have personalized staff internally who work with our vendors in the set up and implementation of any new program, and on-going support.

One of the biggest problem this system supports is the elimination of paper charting. However, it is important to note that this could also be achieved with the use of competitor software packages.

What EHR solution do you use?

Meditech EHR review by <span>karen g.</span>
karen g.

"The worst EMR "

What do you like best?

The only good part about Meditech is the medication administration. Its easy to use and does the job. But if you have to administer Morphine or another controlled substance it is not very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. It is not user friendly. The charting is long and hard to navigate. I can't see what I wrote previously without going thru several screens. I always ask what kind of EMR does a hospital use before accepting an assignment. If they use Meditech, I politely deny the assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this EHR system. Save yourself. Anything else is better.

My last assignment used Meditech. The nurses that had been there for years were still confused on how to look information up. I do not see any benefits with this program.

Meditech EHR review by User

"Clean and intuitive"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite EMR's to use. The templates for patient charts were intuitive to use and were great time savers. It was also very straightforward to customize the templates for future notes. Going back in and editing notes was simple, as long as they hadn't been signed off by the physician yet. I enjoyed the scheduling interface, and it was easy to see which patients had been triaged where, what rooms they were in, and whether or not a physician had seen them. Seeing which physicians were taking care of which patients in the ER was also easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The process of getting back in to edit a patient note after the doctor had signed off on it was a complicated process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great and more user friendly than a lot of other EMRs!

We were building an integrated database of patient visits and patient charts. The benefit of this one over other EMRs that I have used was the user-friendly interface.

Meditech EHR review by <span>April J. A.</span>
April J. A.

"Not the Best, But It Will Do "

What do you like best?

Meditech's UI is pretty nice. Its font is big and all text is easily legible. It's easy to learn, especially for those older nurses with whom I work. I also like the timing system where certain tasks are assigned to certain times that you must complete.

What do you dislike?

The system doesn't easily connect with other outside sources. For example, in comparison, I know Epic can easily connect to say a glucometer and the results from the glucometer pop up in Epic. In Meditech I do not believe that is possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to definitely take a look into Epic before purchasing Meditech.

I used Meditech as a Registered Nurse at a community hospital. I use it for documentation purposes

Meditech EHR review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"This was a good software for first-time scribes"

What do you like best?

When I first started scribing, this was the software I used in an ER. The usability was good and the formatting was simple so it was easy to chart. I don’t mind free-typing a lot of sections so Meditech allowed me to do a lot of it. I also liked the automatic importation of data/lab and imaging results in the chart.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that took a lot of clicks and time to get to. One of the most important features ER personnel would use is checking last visits and consults. Everyone had to navigate through different sections in order to find it.

EHRs have certainly made charting more efficient and accurate for providers and hospital staff alike, thus they are able to see more patients at a time. As a scribe, that is crucial in a hospital setting.

Learning about Meditech EHR?

* We monitor all Meditech EHR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories