Meisterplan

Ask Meisterplan a Question
Showing 17 Meisterplan reviews
Meisterplan review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

Meisterplan simplified our resource management

What do you like best?

You always see the current allocation of your resources and with simple drag and drop you move projects and recognize the changes for your resources and financials. Great and intuitive user interface for easy project portfolio planning. Especially the inclusion of financials is great! Interfaces with other systems and tools are interesting option for high level of integration in our entire software landscape.

What do you dislike?

Planning of part-time resources could be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in contact with the company and get a webdemo before using the demo version - best way to get to know the product! Ask for an Excel import of (part of) you current portfolio to play around with real data and see benefit for your organization - might cost a dollar or two, but is good value proof.

We streamlined our complete resource management which saved us lots of planning hours and avoid misunderstandings, overallocation as well as underutilization of resources.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Meisterplan
Meisterplan review by <span>Avinash R.</span>
Avinash R.

Project Portfolio management the way it has to be

What do you like best?

In the past I had to use large excel files with complicated formulas to plan next years portfolio and display/predict resource bottlenecks. After countless hours of fixing data and waiting for results to be calculated I'm now using Meisterplan to plan ahead. The best thing: It's fast and displays the impact of changes in the portfolio instantaneously. This leaves me able to focus on the actual problems and find new alternatives.

What do you dislike?

There are times I feel the need to break projects down into more detailed structures, e.g. phases.

It was tedious to capture all projects in my portfolio in one large excel file. Even after having done that, the excel file didn't allow me to create different scenarios and compare them.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Meisterplan review by <span>Holger D.</span>
Holger D.

Superb interactive Project Management and Portfolio & Ressource Management

What do you like best?

With Meisterplan we can setup individual attributes within the complete scope of data, join personalized analysis of project teams, budgets and portfolios. It is fully customizable and can be rightsized to our needs and requirements. According to other known project portfolio management solutions this is one of the big bulletpoints and USPs of Meisterplan.

What do you dislike?

Some controls dont sometimes do what they should do and react a little bit sluggish, and please add some new color themes and attributes for some dashboards and diagrams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

test and try it, online. Its great!

Project Portfolio Management and agile business strategy within big software teams, multiproject management while implementing software and user processes in production and to overview agility, performance, budget, timelines and sustainability.

Meisterplan review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

Best resource management solution

What do you like best?

We took Meisterplan for planning our consultants and external projects and found it quite helpful. It's so easy to assign resources to projects and to see what happens with their capacity. At the end we improved our planning accuracy and the communication with our customers.

What do you dislike?

We are missing an application for our consultant where they can see for which projects they are booked

Forecasting of resource and capacity demand. Improved customer offers with reliable implementation dates

Meisterplan review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

Great SaaS Platform for Project Portfolio Management

What do you like best?

First, the product is really easy to provision online, no software to install. Just register and get started. I am very impressed with how easy and intuitive it is to manage even complex project portfolios - just drag and drop your resources, timelines, goals and dependencies. Also, the switch from Excel to Meisterplan is seamless as the software makes it very easy to import our existing planning spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

No major issues. I am using Meisterplan on Chrome on my desktop, which works great. If you need to use it on a small mobile device (Safari browser), it can be a bit tricky - the small device form factor isn't ideal for many SaaS apps. But it works great on my iPad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start the free trial and use it for a few weeks with real-world data and scenarios to get a good sense for the capabilities.

We need a central, intuitive platform for portfolio planning that can be accessed by the project and portfolio managers. No more spreadsheets and version management reduces errors and inconsistencies. Much better visibility into projects and how they align with business strategy.

Meisterplan review by User in Computer Software

Feedback after review

What do you like best?

I signed up for the trial, went through the walk-thru and played with the system myself. It seems clear that:

(a) it would be very easy to load this tool up with a portfolio of projects with their labor demands (I fixate on the labor part, but I suppose the point is more generally about resources) and then I could use it to explain what we are planning to use all of our people on (and why we are going to have to make some tough decisions about what we take on when). I would just start with roles (not named individual contributors). This would be a simple way to get a lot of value within hours.

(b) this is a cool system that is nipping at the heels of full-on PPM systems. Check out the financials stuff and the goal-based portfolios.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I disliked. I'm sure they could do more to help me use this across the whole management team, but I haven't looked that closely at what they already have there.

I only looked at the trial, so no value has been realized!

Learning about Meisterplan?

* We monitor all Meisterplan reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.